Filter by:

• Overall

About Clover

An all-in-one point-of-sale & payments system, Clover integrates the functions of a cash register, card payment terminal, & POS system.

Learn more about Clover

Jodi M.
Medspa Manager in US
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees

Great payment processing device

5 2 years ago

Comments: Clover payment system has been really great for our spa. Really easy to run transactions, reports or refunds. The customer service has been knowledgeable and super friendly when we have had any issues.

Pros:

It’s is super easy to take and track transactions. Has report capabilities And many functions. It is super easy to use. I have two different clover devices for different providers and they are all great.

Cons:

The software itself is wonderful. The only issue I have is with the flex portable device on/off button. It is on the side and client constantly hit the button when they are picking up to sign for a transaction. The button should be on back underneath where it can’t be accidentally touched.

Chenna C.
CEO in US
Restaurants, 11-50 Employees

Clover for restaurants

5 last year

Comments: Excellent in every possible way conceivable. We didn't have any major challenges during the last 2+ years of the usage.

Pros:

Extremely easy to configure and change on the fly or on the internet, so, you don't have to be next to the machine to change or update anything. I can walk my Manager through this without any issues at all. The customer support is great. They are literally one call away. And anyone from the restaurant can call from the system, so, they don't have to provide any details on the account etc. Also, they can remotely log into the system directly and change things that we request, which is great, so, as a business owner I am not tied up to the system having to do everything myself.

Cons:

Some of the features need us to call the Clover Customer Support. Also, in the good old restaurant POS systems you can print the bill and the customer adds the tip manually on paper. Also, the system automatically prints Receipts even though we touch the No Receipt Printed option. They need to fix that to avoid the waste of paper.

Kelly P.
Barista/Cashier in US
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees

Ideal POS system for a food truck.

4 2 years ago

Comments: Overall a very positive experience! Great for foodservice and customer support has been able to quickly resolve issues whenever they came up.

Pros:

The interface is clear, easily navigated and very editable to meet your needs. This has been ideal for our coffee truck that enjoys making custom, often complicated orders.

Cons:

"Waking up" the system is a slow process, often takes us somewhere between 5 to 10 minutes every morning. Most days we have to do a full reboot in order to get things operational.

Alyson L.
Office manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Clover for all Merch Needs

5 3 years ago

Comments: We've used the same model for almost 3 years and very had any issue, so I can say I'm one very satisfied customer!

Pros:

It's easy to use, it's very similar to a smartphone in that it has apps which are all very user-friendly. There are large buttons. When I need to print receipts or run payroll I can get all the info I need with a few taps on the screen. Our device is the clover mini and had a touch screen, its sleek, it looks very updated VS old-style terminals which is an added bonus. But if you have any trouble... you can just click the "call me" button and a live person calls very quickly and guides you through whatever you need!

Cons:

The devices are not cheap, so if anything happened to it that could be an expensive loss. We lease ours and pay protection plan which is well worth the peace of mind!

Mohamad H.

Bad online presence

3 12 months ago

Comments: Not great impression, especially given we were pushed to buy the hardware.

Pros:

How does a POS during COVID TIMES, not include photos on the online menu? Clover takes the register’s inventory list that is made for in-house ease of ordering and makes a million item list as a “online menu”. Customers are expected to read through the menu like a newspaper. How is this a good marketing strategy? Seams like an ABC rule for any POS company to perfect, if not in normal times, it should be a priority to fix immediately.

Cons:

Rep sold the system as competitive to Square. We bought it only because the rep promised to build an online website for ordering, like square does for free. We didn’t know we will be getting a newspaper list filled with items that are priced “ FREE” because the price depended on the size of the drink, “ a modifier” . Hiring a person to give this some thought at clover would be a plus.

Ziyad M.
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees

Don't judge a book by its cover! Looks great at first glance, wait until you use it

1 11 months ago

Comments: HORRIBLE, once I onboarded my merchant who sold the thing to me has not been able to do a single thing for me and always tells me to talk to Clover support. When you call clover support you spend a minimum of 30 minutes - 2 or 3 hours between getting bounced around, and people not being able to help. Once I called and they literally sent me back and forth between two departments twice that I had to yell at the last lady even though it wasn't her fault.

Pros:

The hardware is nice and integration with Homebase (our scheduling software). The question was about software and I mentioned the hardware because honestly its probably the only good thing -ok they have good integrations in their marketplace as well, there are a lot -its fast

Cons:

-NO ABILITY TO GENERATE A SHIFT REPORT FOR AN EMPLOYEE THAT SHOWS HOW MUCH CASH THEY COLLECTED MINUS PAYOUTS... I can't believe it -Terrible customer service!! -When you receive your payments, it comes minus the days fees and their merchant statements don't match the deposits. You will never be able to reconcile, they are probably stealing. -REPORTING IS SO BAD! It looks good at first glance, once you start trying to go into detail, or if you want to look at your quarterly sales you end up having to download an excel and manipulate the data yourself -NO ABILITY TO DO TAX-INCLUSIVE sales. I can't believe they have a presence in Europe... I live in the US and I hate dealing with coins, I don't want to sell items with tax-exclusive, I like to have flat dollar amounts. You can't with them -theres much more but I'm not gonna sit here all day, this should be enough to deter you

Will M.
Law Practice, 2-10 Employees

Clover for small business payment processing

5 6 months ago

Comments: Highly recommended as an alternative to Square for business on the go!

Pros:

My business switched to Clover Go for payment processing after Square kicked us to the curb because they decided, with no warning or notice, that they would not let certain law practices use the service. We had to scramble and locate a new program for payment processing needs. Clover stepped up and we have used them ever since. We can take all forms of credit card payments using Clover. Their rates are reasonable and the funds are posted within a couple of days. We are very pleased!

Cons:

We love Clover and have nothing bad to say about it.

Operations Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees

Great POS

5 2 years ago

Comments: I like being able to use it on the phone or POS. Customer service is great. They provide training and stay in communication

Pros:

Customer service and training was great. POS system is easy to use

Cons:

Merchant processing fees but very comparable/competitive to similar products

Denise S.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees

Easy to setup for our juice bar

5 5 months ago

Comments: Satisfied. Its hard to change when we get so many calls from other vendors.

Pros:

Clover is really easy to use and once its setup, its easy to maintain. Working in a restaurant, we need a system that we can train employees quickly.

Cons:

Most software companies do not understand the importance of data setup and system configuration. We need a better way to report on our menu items. If the onboarding team gave us better guidance then we would have experienced less issues with reporting on our data.

Kaytlin M.
Payment Specialist in US
Hospitality, 10,000+ Employees

A modern processor .

5 8 months ago

Pros:

The interface has a futuresque feel to it . You have the option to input the information directly on the cloud and this is both more convenient and more efficient. Changes sync up instantly and people , thousands of miles from each other , can work on the same data in real time .

Cons:

Singled out transactions come with a lot of additional data ,that for us personally is not necessary. This makes Clover not that printer-friendly when it comes to our specific niche . Refunding takes more effort than ideal .

Jane A.
Taxes in US
Accounting, 10,000+ Employees

Clever Clover!

5 9 months ago

Comments: We had dinosaur service prior to the Clover Mini, at least half of the time you would have to go online and key everything in because the reader didn't work. Clover feels and looks and acts like the rocket age!

Pros:

We have a Clover mini in our offices. It is quite sharp looking, and sooooo intuitive to program for each office as well as use for check or charge, AND to research entries. It takes a little getting used to the icons, but they do make sense once you get used to it. Great instructions came with it for the set-up as well. Love it!!!

Cons:

There is nothing I can think of that I do not like about this product, or that they could even improve upon! It is terrific!

Scott C.
Owner in
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees

Clover POS is NOT for retail

1 4 years ago

Comments: We own a boutique where we also offer screen printing and embroidery. The clover system was sold to us as full POS system. Not the case at all. We were all excited to get started with it. It looked modern, cool, and expectations were high. When we tried to ring up our first printing order of more than 100 pieces we found our first issue. The system will not allow sales of items with a quantity of more than 100. Not a good thing when we routinely sale t-shirt orders of more than 100 shirts. We either had to make up multiple skus, which made a receipt look terribly unprofessional or make an invoice on word. Then I wanted to run a report on inventory value. Not possible. You can export a report to excel but good luck with that. My wife and I have both called customer support. We were both told that when enough people complained about the same issue, they may look into a fix. Until then, nothing would change. This was after going through multiple customer service reps who didn't even understand what I was asking for help with. When asked if we could return the 2 POS systems we bought we were literally told "they're yours, you bought them, do what you want with them, you could try selling them on ebay". Needless to say, at this point, POS and Clover have a whole new meaning for us. Definitely not "Point of Sale" or "Lucky Clover". We're currently looking for another option, over a lot of frustration later.

Pros:

It looks nice, fairly easy to use. It's really hard for me to think of much good to say about it. When a POS won't run and inventory value report with totals and won't ring up items with quantities over 100, it's hard to find the Pros.

Cons:

Won't process quantities over 100. Customer service is horrible. Can't run an inventory value report. Customer service is not knowledgeable at all. Seems anything you need is an add on app that cost you more. Did I say Customer service is horrible...

Nick T.
Hospital Manager in US
Veterinary, 2-10 Employees

Clover Credit Machines

5 last year

Comments: We are very satisfied with our experiences thus far with Clover. It is very user friend and if you get stuck on an issue, they have a great support team if you can't figure something out on your own!

Pros:

Clover reports directly into our existing client management system which makes end of day reporting a breeze. We are able to make adjustments in one system and it reflects in both. Refunds are simple if one is necessary.

Cons:

The only complaint I have is they have a separate device for "mobile" clover. The devices we have are mounted to the counter so we are unable to take it outside or into exam rooms to get payments directly from the customer.

Sonia E.
IT tech / Administrative Assistant in US

One of the best POS I have used

5 3 years ago

Pros:

I love that it is really easy to install and use. Customer service is great! You can easily add products, prices, and have your inventory. You can add other features like customer rewards and ID verification in the case you sell alcohol on your establishment. The processing of cards it's fast. You can add several users and manage their roles and permissions. The best part it is that you can view and check all from online.

Cons:

I haven't found any cons up to now, the only thing is it will be better if when using it the taxes from certain products will remove automatically. Instead of doing it manually.

Jeffrey I.
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees

My best friend every day

5 9 months ago

Comments: Love the product, interface, features and reliability. No desire to change anything at this time.

Pros:

I'm impressed with the ease of use and customizable features. My new employees are able to learn the system in a day or two. Thus far I've been able to create all the reports necessary for me to run the business.

Cons:

My ability to quickly reach a technical support person was slightly difficult. However, once I reached the right person I was able to resolve my issues immediately!

Hunter S.
Management Assistant in US
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees

A POS system for productivity

5 3 years ago

Comments: Clover has allowed us to expand our Bar to a restaurant as well. It also allows for easy management of employees and inventory.

Pros:

Emailed daily sales reports Ability to customize pos buttons and sales according to schedule Inventory capabilities with barcode Expansive app store

Cons:

Can't lookup deleted orders Occasionally the POS system will be out of sync with bank statements regarding deposits

Alessandro P.
Retail, 2-10 Employees

Payments easy way!

5 3 years ago

Comments: Good product!

Pros:

I use this product since 2 years and for small business it is very good specially to process payments easy way. You can manage different users and assign roles, see transactions, refunds, sales, reporting, among others.

Cons:

Using Clover POS you need Internet connection in order to process payments, otherwise you won't be able to hold or take any money from your customer.

Jessica B.
Jessica B.
Preschool Teacher/Fascility Support in US
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

One of the Better Deal Apps

5 2 years ago

Comments: In conclusion, ease of use and navigation not an issue. It isn't the most decorative in aesthetics but simple is good. I can't wait to see what other places near me joins the rank of discounts and to build a relationship with their local customers through it as I have through some of mine.

Pros:

Although there do not seem to be a whole lot of businesses that use this App (compared to others, in a rather urban area), it does have growing promise. It either seems that this among two other apps are namely used by businesses here in and around Atlanta. For what it is worth though, it is rather easy to navigate as a User and I like how well it keeps up with data and my purchases. Usage has never really been a problem. I really enjoy the feature where a simple ''like/dislike'' display can be left for the Manager. I've been told that is something that is in fact received, so a great way to have voices of patrons or concerns heard in a discreet way. Nice feature!

Cons:

Although very rare, scanning has been an issue, but I haven't had this issue in a long time and it may have even been the network at fault. Other than just looking forward for more business to grow from it, I have nothing really that I don't like about this app.

Joni P.
Restaurants, 11-50 Employees

Perfect for our Business

4 3 years ago

Pros:

The versatility that allows absolute customization with a wide variety of apps that are easily integrated.

Cons:

Subscription prices for each app. it can quickly add up to a few hundred bucks and I wasn't happy with their poor customer service. Hard to get help when you need it.

Melissa B.
chef in US

clover is convenient

4 2 years ago

Comments: my overall experience with clover is fairly well. it has helped keep things organized in the restaurant

Pros:

the ease in setting up everything the swivel screen the touch screen the option to customize

Cons:

sometimes it doesnt connect to our ticket printer and we dont know why

Deb S.

Great Point of Sales Program

5 4 years ago

Comments: Easy to use.

Pros:

We have multiple techs that use the clovergo app to run payments in the field and it shows up instantly on the back end on the desktop site for our office to put payments into our other programs. Very simple platform both mobile and desktop site.

Cons:

We used to use an older Ipad but the mobile app started to fail. You need to have more updated mobile software to run the app.

Chanelle P.
Chiropractor in
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Love this product!

5 4 years ago

Pros:

I absolutely love my Clover! It is simple to use. The Clover Mini which we use allows multiple users so we know exactly who ran each transaction. There are a ton of apps to dowload for anything that the Clover doesn’t do on its own!

Cons:

It has been sensitive to motion. We like to move the Clover out of the window before we lock up our office for the day. After a few months we needed to get a replacement Clover because it kept giving us an error message. It was easy to set up the replacement, but I don’t really have any other cons!

Counseling Intern in US
Mental Health Care, 201-500 Employees

Ease of use but some difficulty setting up

4 3 years ago

Comments: I helped set up the Clover for a family member's restaurant. The menu was very extensive as it was diner-like items with lots of specifications. Although the contractor Clover sent to set up the system was totally unhelpful, the people who were on the line for customer support were very helpful and nice. It took a few weeks for some of our servers to adjust, but Clover is now running smoothly for the restaurant. My family member is now able to run more accurate sales reports as well.

Pros:

I liked the quick ease of payments, the assignation of users to checks, and the restrictions on login codes. Although the system was difficult to manage with the large amount of items on our menu, it was still possible to see everything, and the servers/cooks got used to the system very quickly.

Cons:

The person who was assigned to input the menu only put in the major categories accurately. She did not properly set up choice categories or specifiers, so I had to spend hours redoing her work.

Kristen D.
Office Admin in US

Clover makes my job easier!

5 4 years ago

Pros:

Clover is extremely easy to use. It's easy to teach all of our employees also. Its great to be able to toggle back and forth between different accounts as well.

Cons:

Clover is not easy to set up on android, I've had multiple employees that have had issues setting up a pin using an android phone. Other than that I have no complaints!

Kristan K.
City Administrator in US
Government Administration, 11-50 Employees

Clover

4 2 years ago

Comments: They are dishonest and I will never do business with them again.

Pros:

The POS hardware was slim and nice looking.

Cons:

This was a hard sale from the beginning. They roped me in with promises and demonstrations of greatness. I bought the system only to find out that most of what they promised could only be accomplished with additional purchases.