15 years helping British businesses

About Clover

An all-in-one point-of-sale & payments system, Clover integrates the functions of a cash register, card payment terminal, & POS system.

Learn more about Clover

Pros:

We loved using the Clover system for a recent event. It was very easy to use and navigation-friendly.

Cons:

They cost to much they lied about the monthly payment.

Clover ratings

4.0
3.3
3.8
3.5

6.5/10

Clover has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars based on 483 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Clover before?

Kirk
Kirk
CEO in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

ANGEL security was awesome!!!!!

Comments: over all very pleased!!!!!!! except the updating part!!! very stressful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! every year!! like taking a major exam!! each year they ask for updates and each year it is more technical, and extreme even with some savy computer people like applying for a bar exam to be a lawyer!!

Pros:

the ease to process payments and the response entering to the bank account

Cons:

the high fees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the updating every so many months!! keeps on changing!! very stressful!!!!!! does not always benefit clients!! like taking a Bar Exam!! or applying for a mortgage !!!!!!

Jyll
Intuitive Coach in US
Individual & Family Services, Self Employed

No integrity - from 5 stars to 1 star

4.0 last month New

Comments: I joined CloverConnect in 2022 and was excited to use their services. I had a decent experience up until Jan 2024 when I was charged an annual "security fee" of $215. When I received the payment notification email (that I receive monthly when they collect their fees), I was shocked at the amount and called customer service. They informed me that there was an announcement about this upcoming fee in my November 2023 statement. I never knew I got a statement let alone how to find it in my dashboard. They told me how to find it and sure enough, in a small print paragraph, there was information about this change. I asked why I wasn't emailed about this - emailing an announcement about a change is standard procedure. No response. Despite talking to multiple agents and a manager about how, at the minimum, I should have been notified via email of this change, CloverConnect said it was my responsibility to look at my statements each month. My response is that I don't need to look at the statement when I'm receiving emails on each transaction and an email about the monthly fees taken. CloverConnect would not refund the $215. I asked for my Merchant agreement multiple times - never got one sent to me. I scoured their websites for information on this annual fee - it is not documented anywhere. I emailed Support asking for info - no response. Meanwhile, I was receiving emails from other Businesses I work with notifying me of their updated Terms, etc. I just received another one today which reminded me that I wanted to write this review! CloverConnect made a poor decision and lost a (previously) happy customer. They exhibit zero communication with their merchants, zero ability to resolve conflict, and most importantly, they lack integrity. I chose to cancel them (and lose the $215) because I cannot be in Business with a company that doesn't have integrity, doesn't communicate major decisions that affect me (their merchant), and places the blame on me for not reading my monthly statement.

Pros:

Ease of set-up and use, monthly fees, and it integrated with Book Like A Boss booking software.

Cons:

Support was a bit slow to respond to issues. CloverConnect does not communicate via email regarding important changes that affect the merchants. CloverConnect lacks integrity.

Yalcin
First officer in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Made a big Mistake choosing CLOVER as my credit card processor

1.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Beginning of new shop opening I started looking reputable and comparable Credit Card processing . I started with Square , Toast and Clover end up picking Clover . I met with [sensitive content hidden] Senior Business Consultant and Clover Region Sales Manager . We talked and agreed on %2.3 +.05 Cent also $1400 credit towards hardware purchase . 1st Month which was March I did not get any statement 2nd month get close to $6800 fees . This is nothing close to what we talked . I and [sensitive content hidden] started emailing and talking on the phone almost everyday , he said do not worry I have been talking my Management they will make corrections and you will get your credit back no later then a week now he is not responding my emails . I am deceived and scammed . I will talk to Attorney General and file a court order aginst Clover and his regional manager [sensitive content hidden] .

Pros:

Nothing good about Clover , They deceived me now I had to deal with them

ALAINA
Own in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

AWFUL FOR SMALL BUSINESS

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It was terrible from day one.They got my bank account information wrong.Then they got my address wrong.Every time I spoke to a different person.I was quoted to hit the feet when I finally decided to go and sign up with them.I thought everything was gonna be OK.And so far over the past 2 months.New hidden FEES that popped up and evidently.They can do this whenever they want to. As a small business that sometimes does not even process credit cards every month they charge you monthly minimums.They don't tell you about.They say they'll take care of it.No one ever calls you back.Nobody emails you back.Do not use the business people I know haven't charged?His cancelation fees.This is the absolute worst processing service out ther

Pros:

So far nothing. It is a nightmare in every way.

Cons:

LIARS. SCAMMERS WITH HIDDEN FEES. FEES ADDED AFTER SIGNING UP. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. NEVER USE!!

Sabrina
General Manager in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51–200 Employees

We needed an upgrade from QBM.

Comments: We love the web-based back office. Checking sales from my phone and being able to check orders in real-time has been the best management tool.

Pros:

Plug and pay. Clover really is, "plug and pay" we were able to start using it as soon as the machines arrived. We also were able to get a replacement register drawer quickly when one just stopped working.

Cons:

Our menu was not completely programmed when the machines were sent this was a bit of a hassle. After some back and forth we were somewhat satisfied with the items programmed and we could take it from there.

Sable
Salon Owner Educator in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

My Clover Review & Experience

Pros:

I liked the POS system however it has a learning curve. After playing around with it for a couple weeks I was able to better navigate the device. It was a very easy setup.

Cons:

Not what I thought it was going to be like. I was not informed of the additional charges and App Store fee. It was difficult to integrate online booking and salon management with this system. I ultimately had to change. I think it is a wonderful system for maybe a restaurant or other type of business not for salons or spas - in my opinion.

Yousef
Yousef
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Horrible!!!! Do not use!!!!

Comments: Horrible. Will never use or refer to anyone

Pros:

Nothing at all. They shut down my account without any notice.

Cons:

Customer service, service itself, sales representative

Kaylee
Office Manager in US
Automotive, 2–10 Employees

Quick and Easy Payment Processing

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

What I enjoy most about Clover is how simple and useful the machine is. It sits on my desk right beside me while sitting on the charger. The customers also like this machine, which allows them to use tap/Apple Pay and to manually enter their card information if they do not have their card physically with them

Cons:

The only thing that I dislike about Clover is that when the machine is close to dying, the printer does not work correctly.

Nick
Gun store in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

2nd amendment friendly processor!

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Very positive. Employees ive spoken too where nice. It was easy to add extra processors.

Pros:

It is very hard to find anybody that will want to work with a second amendment business. I was suggested Clover and was doubtful. When I contacted them they were extremely nice and told me they were all in on providing for a second amendment community! Setup was a breeze and ive never had a issue with them!

Cons:

I've not had a negative experience yet. So i cannot complain

Ramona
CEO in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Zero Customer Support

5.0 last month New

Comments: HORRIBLE customer service when you need to change or add anything to your account

Pros:

I like the service when it works, it's easy to use and integrates with our software, just don't make any changes to your account

Cons:

Cardconnect support is non existent - spent 6 weeks trying to change bank accounts with no help, support or answers. Customer support is somewhere else, can't get anyone to help they just read from a script, don't listen, and have no capacity to help

Ziyad
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

Don't judge a book by its cover! Looks great at first glance, wait until you use it

Comments: HORRIBLE, once I onboarded my merchant who sold the thing to me has not been able to do a single thing for me and always tells me to talk to Clover support. When you call clover support you spend a minimum of 30 minutes - 2 or 3 hours between getting bounced around, and people not being able to help. Once I called and they literally sent me back and forth between two departments twice that I had to yell at the last lady even though it wasn't her fault.

Pros:

The hardware is nice and integration with Homebase (our scheduling software). The question was about software and I mentioned the hardware because honestly its probably the only good thing -ok they have good integrations in their marketplace as well, there are a lot -its fast

Cons:

-NO ABILITY TO GENERATE A SHIFT REPORT FOR AN EMPLOYEE THAT SHOWS HOW MUCH CASH THEY COLLECTED MINUS PAYOUTS... I can't believe it -Terrible customer service!! -When you receive your payments, it comes minus the days fees and their merchant statements don't match the deposits. You will never be able to reconcile, they are probably stealing. -REPORTING IS SO BAD! It looks good at first glance, once you start trying to go into detail, or if you want to look at your quarterly sales you end up having to download an excel and manipulate the data yourself -NO ABILITY TO DO TAX-INCLUSIVE sales. I can't believe they have a presence in Europe... I live in the US and I hate dealing with coins, I don't want to sell items with tax-exclusive, I like to have flat dollar amounts. You can't with them -theres much more but I'm not gonna sit here all day, this should be enough to deter you

Graham
Owner in UK
Retail, Self Employed

Not for Retailers

Comments: The problems come with the back office.
The inventory system is basic to say the least, items sold at the till do decrease the totals, but all purchase quatities have to be done manually, you cannot set min and max stock levels, or re-order levels with the bundled system, so re-orders have to have a physical stock check, I am still trying to work out how this saves me time and money.
Clover relies heavily on thrid party APPs, which they absolve themselves of all responsibility in their T's & C's. These Apps are expensive
(The Shopventory APP is £40 Pm +VAT)
The E-Commerce integration does not work.
The Magento integration is for Magento 1m which was made obsolete in June 2018, and is no longer supported.
The Shopify integration does not work either, and for me failed at the first hurdle, (I have now been waiting 14 days for a fix).
I purchased a barcode reader they recommended, not even their support staff could get it to work, I was promised a fix, five months ago.
In my opinon this system out of the box is not for retail, unless you want to see your profits dwindle through the purchase of expensive APP's.
The actual helpdesk staff are very helpful, but they can only do so much.
The actual management are a nightmare to deal with.
I first presented some of these issues within 30 days and was promised a fix, five months later I am being told that even though I registered those issues it will cost me over £1500 to get out of a 48 month contract.

Pros:

The till itself is fantastic, it looks ultra sleek and ultra modern, customers love it. And that is about it

Cons:

It was sold to me as a solution to me retail needs it certainly is not

Rachel
Manager in US

Too Simple without the Addition of Add-Ons

Comments: In our experience, clover has been nothing more than a fancy credit card reader. Our entire company runs through a third party app that manages clover from the other side. The only use clover has become to us is, to accept payment and we are currently looking into changing to a system that better suits our needs.

Pros:

The aesthetic of the hardware fits on par with what is trending. The ability to utilize the barcode scanner is also nice.

Cons:

In order to run our business effectively we had to download so many third party apps to do what we had been doing for 30 years on an outdated system. It felt like a slap in the face as it was a turning point for us to upgrade all the systems only to find it was nearly useless for what we needed it to continue doing for us.

DUSTIN
owner in US
Real Estate, Self Employed

Best platform out there for mobile payments

Comments: I have had nothing but positives with Clover. It has streamlined my company's credit card processing and actually brought customers in because I accept cards.

Pros:

The app is extremely easy to use and simplifies my mobile payment processing. I have tried at least five other companies/apps and Clover is by far the best. From the very beginning of a payment to emailing the receipt, Clover is extremely smooth and user freindly.

Cons:

It won't let me type my full company name.

Martinus Ignorence
Freelancer in Namibia
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Clover

Comments: Clover is great in the event that you will have steady business the entire year, wish to have stock control, and have a solid web association.Clover is ideal for restaurants, as well as any client-confronting organization (whether an eatery or other retail and so on) that has different workers because of its shift in the board. Clover is extraordinary when you are evaluating different limited-time offers and limits also, like cheerful hours at eateries. It is less suitable for an independent venture with not many workers, or sole ownership, which probably won't utilize every one of the additional elements Clover brings to the table.

Pros:

Clover coordinates in its activity a stock control system that is refreshed in every exchange, this permits the client to certainly stand out in the renewal of stocks, consequently assisting with staying away from the stock misfortunes and permitting to quickly work out continuously the benefit and revolution of the item.Because of the security and effectiveness given by Clover we can deal with our installment payment system in a quicker and more robotized way, by utilizing their electronic gadgets we have fundamentally worked on the speed of our conveyances and the lift it produces to the consideration of potential customers.pe capabilities with most perusers.

Cons:

The arrangement of the application could utilize some improvement.I feel like the application is somewhat aggravating to explore.Not outfitted towards bigger associations.Very few areas of customization.

Breanna
Senior Operations in US
Sports, 11–50 Employees

Great modern POS system for independent businesses

Comments: They installed and set up our Clover devices for us and ensured we understood how to use the device. We rarely run into issues using our Clover systems, and the only issues are internet based and require us to simply check our network connectivity. We are very happy with Clover and would not consider switching.

Pros:

Clover has a very clean and user-friendly design. It took some getting used to when implementing our Cafe POS system and the use of tabs, but it has become very simple after the initial learning curve. Our sports facility has an easy time selling skating time, skate rentals, and some small retail items using this device. It is easy to refund and add discounts as an admin, and easy to set user privileges. The reports are helpful for bookkeeping and understanding how many attendees we have for a skating session or the number of skate rentals sold.

Cons:

Utilizing Clover with a cafe was tricky to navigate initially. The tab system was not the easiest to implement, but we have grown more used to it with time.

Chelsea
Practice Manager in US
Medical Practice, 2–10 Employees

Quick and easy payment processing for small businesses

Comments: I have had an overall positive experience with Clover. It is incredibly easy to train staff on using the system. When calling their customer support they have been able to efficiently help solve our problem.

Pros:

The credit card reader devices themselves look great aesthetically, very clean looking to have stationed out on a public facing area. After payment is processed you sign on the screen which is quick and easy for both the customer and office. We are also able to accept Apple Pay through it which everyone likes. The handheld device option makes processing payments in other areas of the office fast and easy. Very easy to set up as well for someone with limited technology experience.

Cons:

Occasionally the tablets will not work and need system rebooting. A hard reset usually takes care of this for us. It would also be great if you could control the receipt print out instead of all or nothing as some people want them and some do not.

Restaurants, 2–10 Employees

DON'T DO IT. Clover POS (Piece of Sh..)

Comments: Not good. The machine was always down and cost me a lot of business as a result of customers having to wait for their cards to process. When I divorced them after less than a year and went with another company, First Data told me that I still had to pay for the overpriced POS equipment, which I thought was a rental, but it actually a lease. So, now I have to pay over $38 a month on a piece of crap that I don't even use. In addtion, to add insult to injury, I just recieved a letter stating they are going to take out another freakin fee for annual taxes on the property and a freakin handling fee for doing so! SMH. The annual property tax is based upon the value of the equipment and since it is over valued, so in my property tax!

Pros:

It's small and handy is about the only thing good I can say about it.

Cons:

Equipment technology is old and antiquated. Overrated and overpriced. My phone has 4 times the processing power of the POS device they sent me. Lacks sufficient memory and processing speed. Phone backup interfered with land line call in orders. Machine was always down. Clocked often during the processing of transactions which made customers wait and backed up check out lines. Processing fees, transaction fees, monthly maintenance fees, annual property fees and handling fees are all expensive.

Tory

money hungry company

Comments: I purchased these clovers in full and was to have a one year warranty. but every time one didn't function right they charged me for every one they sent me in first year. didn't need key pads tried to send back and they kept wanting my scanners returned instead. had to take to BBBural to get money back for just one and they still owe me for the other. credit card service is way above other card swipe price. tried to talk to customer service talked to one high level rep. twice then they would not respond to my issues and that was before the BBB. it bad that you have to turn them in to BBB to get a response and they still never called me. something went wrong with my compliance last year and they were to have someone contact me to clear it up. again this year I tried to become compliant again there was a problem they were suppose to email me with solution to the fix 3 months ago I'm still waiting and they charge me 10.00 a month for being non-compliant. would you recommend this device if you hade these issues? Tried to switch bank accounts for the clover was told I couldn't do it had to pay 20.00 to put a block on account to force them to switch accounts. finally was contacted by Stephen the rep that sold me these devices yesterday 7/11/2017. he called out of the blue and not a response to these issues I am skeptical that any of these issues will be addresed

Pros:

Quick use of device when it functions has been better in last 6 months 111111111111111111111111111

Cons:

Half of inventory data moved out of category. ease of saving data without excel not possible. 111111

Morgan
Retail, Self Employed

no! D O N T even try to use this product/service.

Comments: EXTREMELY POOR. I did everything I could to get the needed support and assistance, and NO ONE was available or able to assist. After several attempts, the BBB will receive the final review and complaint.

Pros:

It seemed promising, but nothing was as it seemed at the time of purchase.

Cons:

No Customer service, or support.Unable to contact anyone associated with the company.Repeat billing for services and equipment MONTHS after closing account. No way to fix this situation since no one is at the company working.WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND to anyone outside restaurants.The equipment is account, and sales person proprietary...if you would like to sell it or pass it forward to another business person, that is a WASTE of TIME: It is not allowed since your equipment and services are linked to the original sales person only and are not transferable.

Grace
Owner in Canada
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Very poor service and very confused company, no secure for your money.

Comments: Very frustrating experience, customer service department has no idea what to do, managers say things and never do it.

Pros:

Nothing for comment, poor customer service no one is responding.

Cons:

Nothing to say like them, it was nightmare with this company. Every day have to check bank statement make sure they deposit money and not stealing money.

Hunter
Manager in US
Restaurants, 11–50 Employees

My review

Comments: It’s neutral not too bad not too good

Pros:

I like the analytics part and how easy it is to learn

Cons:

The online ordering sucks u can’t cancel order placed from printing out / reschedule them

Raegan
Treasurer in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Beware of Clover

Comments: We were switched over forcibly from Payeezy to Clover with little to no heads up. We literally walked into the office one day and couldn't access Payeezy. Not that Payeezy was that great either, but I could always rely on them to get our deposits. With Clover, they seem to think the depositing part of credit card payments is optional. Every time I call their customer service I end up speaking with 3+ people because no one knows what they are doing. It doesn't matter if you have a case open, they still can't figure out the right people to help you. Not that any of them can.

Pros:

Nothing, this is the worst product I have ever worked with. We were with them for two weeks and they shorted us nearly $4,000 in deposits.

Cons:

The customer service continues to give us the run around and I am usually on the phone with them for no less than an hour each time. The customer service is CARELESS and do not pay attention to details. We were shorted over $500 in our FIRST BATCH we ever ran with them. Then we were shorted $3300 on the another batch a week later. Their customer service follows-up but they follow up with the wrong details and don't see why not received this deposit is impactful. After less than TWO WEEKS with their service, I found another credit card processing company and switched over.

Dayna
Accounts Receiveable in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Two thumbs up for Clover

Comments: I have very much enjoyed learning to use the Clover products. I would recommend these products for anyone.

Pros:

Clover payment processing software is very easy to use. Our school takes payments daily with the desktop CloverMini, the easily portable CloverFlex and CloverGo. It is very easy to print out a combined report with the total that will be deposited, yet showing who ran the individual payments. You can also add notes to your transactions and email right from every machine. Super helpful!

Cons:

Setting permissions for each person that uses the machines has been a challenge. There doesn't seem to be a manual for the set up, however, our CC service team is amazing and very knowledgeable. The only other thing that bothers me is that you can not void a transaction. Even if you void a transaction immediately, it still goes through and then refunds a day later.

Jessica
Service Advisor in US
Automotive, 11–50 Employees

Clover is the best in the market!

Comments: We have been using clover the entire time I've been with the company and it works great. It's super convenient and makes checking out customers fast and easy!

Pros:

The new handheld device makes processing payments fast and easy. The device can be moved to each desk and throughout the dealership and take it to the customer for convenient invoicing. The customer can sign directly on the screen or we can hand the device to the customer to securely and privately enter their passcode.

Cons:

The only thing I would like to change is that the signature print out on the receipt! I think adding that would be a great option.