15 years helping British businesses

About ShipBob

ShipBob is the leading global omnifulfillment platform designed for businesses of all sizes, providing them access to best-in-class sup

Learn more about ShipBob

Pros:

Easy setup, many integrations, works with every popular platform out there.

Cons:

Generally, connecting stores is a drag, and should not be so complex.

ShipBob ratings

3.8
3.5
3.7
3.4

6.4/10

ShipBob has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5 stars based on 99 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used ShipBob before?

Jon
Jon
Founder & President in US
Management Consulting, 11–50 Employees

Our Most Often Recommended Fulfillment Provider

Pros:

We're a conversion rate optimization firm who helps ecommerce brands choose vendors who add to the customer experience, which includes fulfillment. As you can imagine, having a fulfillment partner who can ship in 2 days to any location in the mainland USA is crucial to increasing conversion rates –– and competing with Amazon.

Cons:

We honestly haven't heard any complaints once we've recommended ShipBob – and working with their team to help onboard ecommerce brands we've recommended has always been a pleasure.

Jazmen
Owner in US
Consumer Goods, 11–50 Employees

Overall Thoughts About ShipBob Experience

Comments: I have been in partnership with ShipBob for 2 years now. Overall my experience has been a positive one. There have been hiccups throughout the years but what I appreciate about ShipBob the most is that they’re always willing to correct any mishaps.

Pros:

User friendly software. Customer support is reliable & transparent.

Cons:

Sometimes the response is slow with loading pages.

5 years ago

Jaz, thanks so much for taking the time to visit with us in person and leave this review. Keep up the success!

Todd
CEO in Canada

ShipBob Does NOT Work With Shopify Markets

Comments: Overall the experience has been OK. The issue with Shopify not working properly with Shopify Markets means we wasted a ton of our time and now have to leave to find a new 3PL that works properly with Shopify Markets.

Pros:

Multiple fulfillment centers around the world.

Cons:

If anyone at ShipBob tries to tell you their app works with Shopify Markets they are lying to you. If you have several markets setup in Shopify (ie, the US, Australia, the EU), ShipBob's crappy app will only sync to Shopify the AGGREGATED inventory count across ALL of your markets. So if you have 100 units in the Australia and 0 units in the US at your ShipBob Australia and US fulfillment centers, it will tell Shopify that there are 100 units across ALL markets. So it's not possible to have out of stock in the US and Available for sale in AU. Even with 0 units in the US, it will continue to show 100 in the US because there are 100 in Australia. ShipBob completely ignores the fact that different markets in Shopify can have different inventory counts (Shopify confirmed they can do this and the issue is ShipBob's app). So now we have people in the US buying a product that we have to fulfill from Australia! Rather than being out of stock in the US. This is just plain stupid. Shopify has been pushing everyone to use Shopify Markets, and ShipBob is always telling us how easy it is to expand globally with them, but that's not true if you plan to use Shopify Markets. We even had an external agency quote us well over $20K to fix this issue because ShipBiob won't. lol. After months of this BS, and no interest on ShipBob's part to fix this, we are actively looking to move to a new 3PL. If you use, or plan to use in the future, Shopify Markets then ShipBob is not for you.

Louisa
Product Manager in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Great platform for those starting with fulfillment

Comments: Shipbob was a great and budget-friendly resource for my company's needs. We needed a fulfillment center that was easy to work with and didn't have too many requirements around how to package items for shipping. Shipping rates are fair and support is always willing to audit our orders for any discrepancies. I only have positive things to say about Shipbob and recommend them for any company who's looking for a fulfillment center.

Pros:

The dashboard is easy to use. Customer service is great and answers all of my questions quickly.

Cons:

Order and product pages load slowly. I've had issues with posters getting damaged in shipping.

Alternatives Considered: ShipMonk

Reasons for Switching to ShipBob: They were willing to work with companies with lower monthly ship rates and didn't have any complicated packaging requirements when shipping items to them.

Steven
Steven
Private Capital Manager in US
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

Best Shipping Option for High-Volume E-commerce start ups

Comments: Shipbob does a great job making it easy for anyone to run a high-volume e-commerce site. Their team is very helpful during the onboarding process, and their platform is very easy for anyone to use. Their support team is very responsive and clear up issues quickly. When I was in search of a company to package and ship, Shipbob was able to take inventory within days after the first call and our site was live shortly thereafter. I don't think there is anyone else in the market that has that ability at the moment. I still work a full-time job in banking and have very little knowledge of logistics or shipping, Shipbob handles all of that for me and now with their amount of locations growing it is only getting easier to service our customers in all 50 states.

Pros:

The Shipbob platform is easy, their support team is responsive, orders get packaged and shipped and I don't have to touch a thing. I work full time in banking but still run a company on the side that generates a lot of orders that need to be packaged and shipped. This may the most user friendly platform and any issues are resolved quickly via emailing their support team.

Cons:

The app works well but no where near as good as the online site.

Vuk
freelancer in Serbia
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

A good tool, but the fulfillment is a different story

Comments: The software is not so bad, as are the people in fulfillment - we have had products stolen from the warehouse, competitors' goods shipped etc. We can see who did it, but have no control over whether or not we want them still working with our product or not. The support try their best to remedy these things, and they are really great, but as long as these things keep happening, and obviously, terms and conditions don't really give you space to make up the damages to the full extent, this is not great.

Pros:

I like how everything is nice, in big font and images, blue (rests eyes) and intuitive. It's really smart when it comes to WRO creation and simple to track costs. Their business model is really nice. The support is also amazing, and makes up quite a bit for the cons.

Cons:

It's missing some features that one would need when managing stock - like a quick way to view historic product count. I would also like to see better and simpler integrations for expedited shipping. Generally, connecting stores is a drag, and should not be so complex.

Sam
Owner in UK
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Overpriced and slow to resolve business needs

Comments: Fatiguing, expensive and a complete drain from focusing on growing our business. Shipbob Australia is not a growth enabler, they're a growth disabler. Since we have left we have dropped our variable costs by 30% and are scaling into a multi 7 figure a year business. It has been freeing leaving Shipbob and we are loving working with a real partnership with open communications in our new 3PL.

Pros:

Fulfilment was fast and implementation was easy. The UI is well designed.

Cons:

- Inaccurate billing which created month long disputes, both due to lack of understanding of Australian tax rules and technology overcharges. Significant evidence was needed including calls with overseas management to make a case for what we identified as incorrect. - Lack of customer focus. Whenever there was an issue, it felt like entering a legal dispute. Communications felt adversarial and we always needed to make business cases for everything we identified that was wrong with Shipbob processes. We were often first pushed to overseas support to resolve the issue, seemingly in India, where there was a complete disconnect from reality and a total lack of understanding of the issue at hand. We then always had to escalate matters to local management and then eventually to head office as the local team in Australia was powerless to make real change. - Overpriced $$$. Once we did a review of 3PLs in Australia, we noticed we were being charged circa 50% more from Shipbob than what was quoted elsewhere. Once we engaged Shipbob to review our rates, they still only reduced our rate card by 20%. The Shipbob team is so far off market competitive rates. - Technology incompatibility with Australia. I can't state this enough. The tech is built for America. Everything is focused on American metrics and ways of operating. They are trying to localise the tech but progress seems to move in years not months. There were several errors where we were charged several thousand dollars over what was meant to be made. We fought for months to get these refunded. We are hearing rumours of other brands being made to sign NDAs now to silence them once they exit in exchange for Shipbob solving outstanding financial matters with the brand(s).

Consumer Goods, 11–50 Employees

If you are considering Shipbob, don't

Pros:

East of use, fast integration, 4 warehouses conveniently spread across the USA.

Cons:

I have been a happy customer of ShipBob with a number of referrals sent their way over the year that I've been with them, but ShipBob has made to me seriously reconsider my opinion about them... Although their customer support is nice to speak to, they have gone from a channel to provide suggestions to warehouse ops (issue escalation option is non-existent) to powerless robots making repetitive promises that things will be handled "soon". Two weeks down and soon is yet to happen. Customer response times have gone from a few hours to one-three business days. Even when you get a response, it rarely gives you a way forward. Check-in emails asking about the same issue a few days in a row are now just being ignored. Also, don't be fooled by SLAs. Lately, ShipBob has started creating Warehouse Receiving Tickets on our company's behalf moving incoming stock from an earlier ticket to a later one to comply with their 6 business day processing SLAs. Our latest shipments are 10 business days into processing with no news, but they are still marked as Green/within the SLA, because new ticket means new deadlines. The above is happening while ShipBob is declaring new reduced SLAs as things are coming back to normal. If you are looking for a long term partner to support your needs, carry one. ShipBob is not the place to stop.

4 years ago

Hi there, we set out to build a 5-star product for all customers, so we take this feedback very seriously. Can you please provide your name and contact information, so we can connect on this ASAP? Thanks!

DeAndrew
Inventory Controller in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Mostly Good, but expensive for items over 1 lb.

Pros:

I like the visual aspect of the platform. Orders that have issues are easy to resolve.

Cons:

There is a way to view analytics, but you have to manipulate the URL, which is not right at all.

Andrea
OM in Austria
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Shipbob is an okay order fulfillment service

Pros:

Easy to use Does connect with Shopify Is good even if you have a small order fulfillment rate

Cons:

Customer support is slow Return processing takes ages which is bad If you are looking for a warehouse to provide individual / tailored support and warehouse service then Shipbob is not for you. Sometimes slow turnaround of order dispatch (although faster was promised)

Daniel
Owner in Australia
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Started bad, and got worse from there

Comments: ShipBob started with a promising offering. Onboarding was good, with a dedicated onboarding specialist on the account. But it was all downhill from there.The software is terrible. Not intuitive at all. Functions you'd expect to have are not possible.In my 1 year+ with ShipBob I've had so many problems. For example, orders from seller platforms don't sync, orders don't send on time, orders that shouldn't have get sent out do get sent, and many other problems that I encounter on a daily bases.I've lost $10,000+ due to these errors. And that doesn't take into account lost sales.The worst part is the support. The support team is off shore, which is not a problem in itself, but they are untrained and in most cased unhelpful. Simple cases take weeks to solve. Some cases get ignored completely. I'm now in the process of finding a new provider.

Pros:

Most orders, if synced property and in the system correctly (big if), do get sent on time.

Cons:

ShipBob Support. Support has been off-shored to people that have not been trained. Dealing with ShipBob support is the most frustrating part of my day.

9 months ago

Hi Daniel- thank you for your review here. We are extremely sorry to hear that your experience with ShipBob was subpar. We take feedback very seriously and we are striving to improve everyday- so one of our cofounders would love to speak with you to hear your experience first hand and also take the opportunity to make sure we do whatever we can do make things right for you and your business. Can you please share your email address with us so we can schedule a call early next week? Thanks!

Keith

Huge downhill change

Comments: Absolutely terrible. I feel like someone is stealing from my company. They make it nearly impossible to talk to someone who can resolve issues and force me to put individual tickets for the hundreds of over charges and deal one on one via email alone with low level service reps. Conssitently poor packaging, late delivery, no tracking. I hate to leave these reviews because this used to be agood company. This shows you how a little investment can send a company downhill very fast.

Pros:

It used to be easy to use but they have a ton of broken links (usually the ones you need which offer help), removed the ticket/orders tracker (presumably because their misorders and damaged orders were getting very high)

Cons:

Broken links, zero ability to talk to anyone other than a low level customer service who cannot offer much help. They purposely inhibit your ability to download bulk information on costs so you cannot see they are systematically overcharging you. The bet is that it will cost you more in time to dispute all these charges then you would be willing to spend and you will allow them to keep their ill gotten revenue.

STELIOS
ceo in Cyprus
Design, 11–50 Employees

Late Shipment !!! Do not use it you are using EBAY

Comments: Not suitable for Ebay users i will search for other company

Pros:

it takes more than 24 hours in 90% of the orders to have just the label created ... This cause to my eBay accounts late shipment and item not shipped and tracking number on time... in the end you loose your selling performance ... as a results minimize your future sales is unacceptable that the shipping label is not created automatically as the size and the weight of the item is already given ... Also is not work for color variation... if you have the same item in different colors you need to pay for every color a monthly fee for extra SKU .... for example 1 t Shirt with variation of 20 colors need 100$ per month on paying SKU Fee... also the customer support does not conatct me after requesting 2 times a call .. till today nothing ...

Cons:

practical software easy to use but useless as the service is very slow

4 years ago

Hi Stelios, we set out to build a 5-star product for all customers, so we take your feedback serious. In our reply, you have my email, so you can reply directly. You mentioned shipment timelines. We have stayed 100% within our SLAs, as we had to slightly extend the timelines due to Coronavirus and the carriers changing their SLAs. That being said, we also stayed 100% operational through Coronavirus to support all customers. Also, you mention different storage locations for every SKU, but this is part of any agreement before anybody starts shipping with us. If there was any miscommunication, let's please resolve this together.

Khalid
Founder in Canada

Avoid ShipBob - inflated reporting and hidden exorbitant fees

Pros:

User friendly interface is the only pro I would give ShipBob credit for.

Cons:

Avoid ShipBob at all costs. There are better, faster, more transparent, and more affordable 3PL companies out there. With me, Shipbob never made a single delivery on schedule this past year. I can understand that given the state of delays with this pandemic, but what I can't excuse is this: Shipbob was routinely over-reporting the amount of storage space required to warehouse my inventory, in order to charge me higher for storage costs. When I cleared out my inventory to use another 3PL service, I decided to dispose of the inventory, and they charged me more on disposal than it would have cost me to ship my inventory internationally. Seriously deceptive stuff. Claiming my inventory occupies way more space that is remotely believable - this is how they inflate their profits. Deceptive and unethical. Avoid at all costs.

Tori
Chapter Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

CHAARG ShipBob Review

Comments: Overall our experience with ShipBob has been great, and we're glad we're using them!

Pros:

It has helped us in taking shipping out of house, which has saved us a lot of time. We don't have to worry about shipping out the orders we use ShipBob for, which has actually helped our customer service since in-house we could not fulfill orders at the same speed. Customer Service for ShipBob is really quick, responsive, and helpful!

Cons:

We had some hiccups with our orders where the shipping was being sent out in non-approved packaging and things were being shipped as just poly mailers for our products that weren't fulfilled through ShipBob. These things were quickly resolved though through chatting with customer service.

Stefan
Owner in UK
Business Supplies & Equipment, 2–10 Employees

Stay away from this

Pros:

Relatively easy to sync with other stores like Amazon, Shopify. Orders are processed right through.

Cons:

The software is incredibly slow and full of bugs. Even creating my first inventory shipment was a massive pain with malfunctioning forms. After that it feels like most of pages on the online site are extremely slow to load which makes navigating it hard. Customer service was also a horrible experience. Shipbob claims to have multiple US warehouses but only two were available ("due to operational issues"). No account executive or customer success employee ever reached out to me to ensure proper onboarding, therefore I was left hanging in the air with most questions. The only way to reach Shipbob is via email (which takes 4 days to get a response) or via the in-built chat which only works during working hours and is not very helpful. Lastly, shipping rates the company gets from its partners like UPS and USPS (Fedex is not covered) are abysmal. While discounts of 30-50% are the norm with 3PLs Shipbob seems to get nothing. My all in fulfillment and shipping cost is about 2x of what I see with other 3PLS. All in all it seems like the company is rather still in its very early shoes and needs to catch up on a lot of product and operational issues. I believe in the ultimate goal they are trying to achieve, but will stay away from it for at least a few years.

Nikolai
Cofounder in US
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

Simple, fast, great price

Comments: Great service, great cost, easy to use, nothing to worry about.

Pros:

The software is easy to set up, use and it’s compatible with Shopify. Tracking is made easy as is sending inventory.

Cons:

Sometimes it is slower to load but this is not a big deal at all.

Sporting Goods, 2–10 Employees

Growing pains

Comments: Poor. Look elsewhere.

Pros:

Software is intuitive and integration with Shopify is easy

Cons:

Totally inconsistent pricing, lots of errors (my customers have received batteries, hammocks, etc. instead of our own products) and disjointed customer service that doesn't really do anything. We will be switching to a new 3PL after this selling season

anne marie
Entertainment, Self Employed

Expediancy

Comments: I like that when my customers order I can be sure the product is delivered in a timely way without any damage.

Pros:

User friendly - efficient - reliable - on time

Cons:

There is no down side to this software in my experience

Christina
Director of Operations in US
Cosmetics, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use

Comments: We are filling the need to handle smaller fulfillment orders from our website and everything has been great.

Pros:

This software is very easy to use. You can sift your way through without even really knowing what you're doing.

Cons:

I really like this software but I would love it even more if there were more reporting options. This is a great tool to utilize to help analyze our business/customers that are ordering.

Aldith
Customer Experience Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Great Shipping Platform

Pros:

All of the processes are automated, communication is easy and very effective.

Cons:

Shipping Address Edit removes all information if a name edit is needed.

Dennis
Online Marketeer in Netherlands

Awesome Software!

Comments: Awesome. From the start to our current situation. We look forward to a long-time partnership.

Pros:

The connection with Backerkit is ideal for us and setting up the software was easy and quick.

Cons:

Sending tracking codes to customers from the dashboard would be ideal.

Alekdandar
Designer in Serbia
Consumer Goods, Self Employed

Software review

Comments: I like it a lot. Easy to use, fast service, very good customer support.

Pros:

It is simple to use. Everything is well organized .

Cons:

If I do not set preferences, the labels cost a lot more, but that is something I need to get use to.

Jesse
Fulfillment Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

ShipBob building a Partnership

Comments: Our overall experience with ShipBob has been positive. There was a learning curve at the beginning for both parties. This is common in most working business relationships I have been a part of. After we provided examples of what we expected, ShipBob made the necessary adjustments to meet our expectations.

Pros:

The software has made managing 3 different warehouse locations easy and transparent. There are easy ways to customize each order to match customers specifications. Th

Cons:

Doesn't always update in real time. The work being done (real-time) is not always easy to see (figure out).

Nikolay
Automotive, 2–10 Employees

Great overall experience!

Pros:

Easy setup, many integrations, works with every popular platform out there.

Cons:

No cons really. Any issue is addressed within 1 day.