15 years helping British businesses

About Rakuten DX

Innovative digital hub for mobile-first sales teams. Security, collaboration, content management and analytics all in one scalable app.

Learn more about Rakuten DX

Pros:

Fully integrated with InDesign workflow. Re-use all assets of my print process.

Cons:

I have only used the software twice but I would say at times it can lag.

Rakuten DX ratings

4.2
4.0
4.3
4.1

8.4/10

Rakuten DX has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars based on 13 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Rakuten DX before?

Valéry
Valéry
Co-fondateur ELECTRIC NEWS - digital news from mars in France
Design, 2–10 Employees

THE digital solution with In Design

Comments: We have made some digital magazines with this solution like Couleurs JAZZ, integrating videos, music, pictures, texts, etc... We have created a really personalized reading experience working with Rakuten Aquafadas, using our usual PAO software, InDesign.

Pros:

Fully integrated with InDesign workflow Re-use all assets of my print process Easy to create enrichments Advanced features like sub layout, anchors or conditional states The flexibility of the NextGen Kiosk (updating content easily) New HTML integration with InDesign Multi-platform

Cons:

Need some training before using advanced features Often, too many clic to finalize a function Need more personalization with the integrated summary & menubar

6 years ago

Thank you so much for you review Valéry!

Sabine
Sabine
Coordinatrice pédagogique agréée ICPF & PSI in France
, 11–50 Employees

Delighted with Rakuten Aquafadas !

Pros:

We are delighted with Rakuten Aquafadas which has been able to accompany us during the digitalization process of our training materials. We like most : simplicity of use ; expanded possibilities ; the accompaniment of the commercial and technical team.

Cons:

We were one of the first customers for the "training" solution; therefore we weren't able to benefit from prior experiences.

6 years ago

Dear Sabine, Thank you so much for your review, we really appreciate it. We've been very honoured to be part of the project to support Orion Santé and create new possibilities, together. Looking forward to work with you furthermore! Sincerely, Rakuten Aquafadas

Information Services, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Has its pros and cons.

Pros:

Ease of use. It’s a good product. Definitely has it’s pros and cons.

Cons:

It can be slow at times. It can take me a while to get done what I need to do.

Online Media, 2–10 Employees

New InDesign plugin

Comments: I'm a big fan of Aquafadas InDesign plugin since the origin... I'm an Aquafadas trainer, and certified expert.
I'm waiting for the free single-doc publication solution !! And a "bugless" new InDesign plugin.

Pros:

The features are very advanced and unique (multi drag&drop, multi-trigger, animations, sublayouts...) The Viewer allows us to show prototypes to our clients. And it's in... InDesign !

Cons:

I'm testing the Beta version of the new plugin, and we have many bugs, problems, and lacking features for the moment... The UI is often complicated, not really user-friendly...

Mélanie
Digital communication publisher in France

We choose the Next Gen Application, an application easy to use, which no required HTML code.

Pros:

The front-office is easy to use through the Cloud Connect. All the changes are update in real time. We have the possibility to have some restrictions by using some conditions.

Cons:

If you want to have this application available for different profiles, you should have a good coordination between your IT services and Rakuten Aquafadas.

7 years ago

Thanks very much for a review. We're pleased that our product has been useful and easy to use.

Jean-Paul
Jean-Paul
Marketing Innovation Manager in France
, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Powerful and integrated platform to create a new customer experience

Pros:

Enrichments, Indesign plugin. Features to export issue to multi-device Excellent IOS / android App Google Analytics & Piwik connector

Cons:

No powerpoint import Saas enrichments tools with fewer feature than Indesign Web viewer limited No Data graph animation

7 years ago

Thanks so much for your review. Your feedback on areas we could improve on is always much appreciated.

Computer Games, 2–10 Employees

Pleasantly surprised.

Pros:

Drag and drop solutions can sometimes be a mixed bag, and can feel like a hinderance rather than a suitable substitute for traditional coding. But I've found this to be some of the most robust drag-and-drop I've ever worked with.

Cons:

It can be a little slow at times. I also did not find the UI very intuitive at first, it took me a bit of time to figure out exactly how everything worked or was located.

Laura
Communications in US
Religious Institutions, 2–10 Employees

Love it!

Pros:

I love that it's so easy to get money back on purchases that I make

Cons:

The app isn't easy to use. I find it's best to use on a browser

Rachel
Tutor in US
E-Learning, 501–1,000 Employees

Great Way to Make Some Extra Cash

Comments: If you remember to start a shopping trip with Rakuten, you can make money on purchases that you were going to make anyway.

Pros:

Great free software that allows me to earn extra money when shopping online.

Cons:

There are some companies that I frequently purchase from online that do not partner with Rakuten.

Insurance, 10,000+ Employees

Rakuten Use

Comments: Great quality for a free app. Highly recommend using to get cash back even if it’s a minimal amount.

Pros:

It’s free. Great value for free software. You can earn cash back on numerous online stores all while continuing to purchase the same items you always have. It’s nice to earn cash back - and you can also earn a referral bonus by getting a friend to sign up!

Cons:

The software doesn’t show you how much cash back you’ll receive until after your purchase is already made. Also, could be a little more user friendly.

Marketing Manager in US
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11–50 Employees

Easy app builder for anyone

Comments: I'd like to explore this tool more but so what I've used so far, it's great!

Pros:

Mobile app dev made easy. Drag and drop and no code required. It's pretty intuitive once you start opening it up and finding the tools you need. Requires some experimentation but it's easy to find what you need.

Cons:

It can feel overwhelming to build an app but there is an easy way to do it if you stick with it. There are a lot of helpful modules to guide you.

Sam
Real Estate Agent in US
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Rakuten Review

Pros:

Extremely easy to use and return is obviously great

Cons:

Didn't know about it sooner. Would have liked to been able to enjoy it

Alex
SLS in US
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Decent app builder

Comments: I feel I need some more time and training to feel comfortable with using this app.

Pros:

I like that this app is low coding and that the content can be used across multiple platforms. The detailed reports and analytics are a nice feature.

Cons:

I have only used the software twice but I would say at times it can lag.