Filter by:

• Overall

About Contractor Foreman

NOW: Starting @ $49/m for the WHOLE company, Contractor Foreman is the most affordable all-in-one solution for managing your projects.

Learn more about Contractor Foreman

Sarah S.
Office Manager in US

Budget-Friendly Project Management Software

3 7 months ago

Comments: Contractor Foreman has been a decent software for our company once we figured out how to use it. Setting up projects was a much different process than we were used to with our previous software. It doesn't have quite all of the features we'd like for tracking certificates of insurance and things of that nature, but we are a niche construction type company; we are a small business working large Government contracts and that comes with its own unique challenges to track.
The software does a great job of tracking job expenses and it is customizable with what types of expenses we can input and synch with our Quickbooks job cost codes but it is not the most user-friendly.
Occasionally there will be a bug in the software, and it is nice that we have quick access to the developers so that they can fix the bugs. However, depending on who you get in the chat function, they are not always the most helpful or professional.
They are consistently adding updates and features and we are hopeful that over the coming months, this will be a software that has all of the features we'd like.

Pros:

The cost is the biggest pro for this software. For the price, you can't beat it. It does an adequate job tracking the things we need to track, and the scheduling tool is great.

Cons:

This software was very difficult to implement for our type of construction business. We do a lot of Government projects that require tracking unique items and obtaining different forms that we do electronically that we need our site superintendent able to track as well as office staff. The way to create the forms is difficult to figure out, and the formatting doesn't hold from one screen to the next so we get random spaces and periods in the finished product.

7 months ago

Thank you Sarah for the review. We do allow you to track certificates of insurance, GLI, and much more. It also sends notifications to you and the contractor (if you enable it). Can you provide more detail on which other tracking features you need? Thanks!

Hayden C.
VP of Business Development in US

From Mom & Pop to Modern Efficiency

5 8 months ago

Comments: I have had a great experience with Contractor Foreman and would recommend this platform for any GC or Contractor looking to run lean. Excited to see the first project run through the phases with this software.

Pros:

We are still new to the software, but the implementation has been seamless. The supports staff helped me build a training schedule for my team based on the pre-recorded modules. The system seems to be very intuitive and I'm looking forward to running our first project through Contractor Foreman this week.

Cons:

The software does not have the markup feature released, yet. It is supposed to come out with the next update. We are looking forward to this as it will eliminate additional software needs. Customer service is fantastic when you are in contact with a person. Very knowledgeable and eager to assist. However I'm not a fan of receiving so many automated emails. Others might find it helpful.

Alternatives Considered: Bluebeam Revu, Procore and Autodesk Construction Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman: Everything was done manually in the past. My goal is to automate as much as the process as possible, from pre-construction to progress payments to job completion. The price point, functionality and extensive reports sold me on giving Contractor Foreman a shot.

Switched From: Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman: Price and functionality allowed us to stay lean.

Tom G.
Human Resources Director in US
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Comprehensive Platform

4 2 years ago

Comments: We chose Contractor Foreman because we wanted ONE program that would accomplish the tasks of the many (6 or so) programs we were using. This software helped to consolidate our efforts and bring our company together in regards to standard operating procedures. We are still in the beginning stages of implementation, however we've been able to run many projects through from start to finish and we are very pleased with the plan.

Pros:

This is a comprehensive software, that my company has integrated into everyday use. The aspect I like the most is that it is always improving. The innovators working in the background at Contractor Foreman are constantly seeking to optimize.

Cons:

The biggest problem we've had is waiting on the ability to connect with QuickBooks Desktop. At this point the connection is ready and my team just needs to follow the steps.

Alternatives Considered: Service Fusion

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman: We needed to shorten the list of programs we were using. Some of our staff used all of the programs mentioned, and more to accomplish their tasks. Having everyone work in the same program helps us maintain consistency and efficiency. It also lets us track progress and gather information on best practices.

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman: For us, Contractor Foreman is much more versatile and comprehensive.

Joel W.

Fantastic ROI

5 9 months ago

Comments: So far, fantastic. We are excited to see already what this software is able to do as well as find out what else it can do that we aren't aware of yet.

Pros:

A whole lot of functionality all in one place. I like having a single place for myself, subs, and clients to access the information needed.

Cons:

Seems there's some redundancy. Not sure if I missed it, but a quick start training to estimating would be beneficial. Example - it's easy to find "estimates" and create one, but if you do this outside of opportunities you will have to manually tie the estimate to the project later. There should be a best practice that shows how to utilize the system in the most efficient manner to save time.

Alternatives Considered: Jobber and ConstructionOnline

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman: ROI. Overall cost for the benefits received. Fantastic customer service and willingness to improve for the client. And lastly, it felt more like a perfect fit for my company size. Other programs we looked into seemed like they were either made for a single trade construction company with multiple crews (i.e., electrical, plumbing, hvac, etc) and could essentially be jerry rigged to fit a general contractor, or were designed for large construction companies that have a lot of office employees that have time to sit at a computer all day.

Matt K.

Great Software

4 9 months ago

Comments: Experience has been good.

Pros:

Works well with Quickbooks. It also has a nice estimate worksheet that is customizable.

Cons:

Navagation could be easier. I would prefer the navigation based on customer vs a large dashboard you have to navigate.

Alternatives Considered: CoConstruct

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman: Buildertrend Quickbooks integration was poor in regards to sales tax. I also felt it was too expensive for having to do sales tax work arounds.

Switched From: BuilderTREND

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman: Contractor Foreman does the best job of all the softwares I have tried.

Austin G.

Invaluable

5 2 years ago

Comments: Revolutionary for my business in every digital way

Pros:

Schedule blocking and flow is awesome. So many features and options always does more than you need.

Cons:

Occasional crashing of app, needs to be restarted and sometimes the buttons take multiple taps to react which is strange and frustrating but not always

Alternatives Considered: BuilderTREND

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman: Because servicem8 is more for many small jobs rather than medium to long term projects and had unacceptable functionality bottlenecks and limitations

Switched From: ServiceM8

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman: Cheaper and equal if not better functionality

2 years ago

Thank you Austin for the great review. Anytime there is a crash on your end, we get a notification on our end. The development team is able to review the issues and fix the problem and release an update within a day or two. Please make sure you have the latest version of the app so that these issues are not happening. If there is still a problem, email us or click Live Chat and we will make sure it is resolved immediately.

Karl E.
Foreman/Owner in US

Amazing Software!!

5 6 months ago

Pros:

Contractor Foreman saved our company from bouncing through three different BIM packages. We opened doors late 2020 and went from HouzzPro to Stack to Contractor Foreman. After sampling the industry--and hesitant to try again-- we came upon CF, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was adamant to give them a shot...Thank God we did. We now have our company estimating, project management, invoicing, all in order. None of the other companies even come close to CF. Thank you Team.

Cons:

Nothing, the program offers all I need to succeed

6 months ago

Thank you Karl for this awesome review. As great as this is, we know that we cannot sit idle. We will continue to add new features and improvements and find new ways to make the system even easier to use all while making it affordable for all.

Brandon H.
CEO in US

Great Software for contractors

5 2 years ago

Pros:

It has a ton of features and really is a complete solution for contractors. The phone app has the same exact functionality as the web version. It also has allowed us to eliminate some other programs we were using on top of our old project management software. Support has been great and is always very responsive.

Cons:

It does lack some customization most other companies have also I feel like it has so many features that some basic things were over looked when developing. But they do up date the system monthly with fixes and improvements so I know in the long run it will be much better.

Alternatives Considered: Builder Prime, Jobber and Workiz

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman: Needs more features

Switched From: mHelpDesk

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman: Features, support and price

Brian M.

Good product

5 9 months ago

Comments: Overall it's been a good experience and looking forward to learning how to use the customer access and communication side.

Pros:

How quickly we were able to get started using the software. I also like the crew schedule feature which comes in handy and is very easy to use.

Cons:

It doesn't sink to quick books easily. The video tutorials can be hard to see like it's bad video quality.

Alternatives Considered: BuilderTREND

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman: Cost. I really liked coconstruct but cost was getting unbelievably expensive. It seems like contractor foreman is a bit easier to navigate so far.

Switched From: CoConstruct

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman: Cost with similar platforms and capabilities

Matthew S.
Owner in Canada
Construction, 2-10 Employees

Great piece of software that will help my business.

4 6 months ago

Pros:

The time tracking software for my crew, allows me to keep track off all my guys hours and where they are and what they are doing. This helps on renovations all the way up to high production framing jobs where I can cross reference their productivity on linear foot of wall and sqaure foot of wall completed per hour, etc. I also like that each page has a tutorial video.

Cons:

Still in the free trial, so have not really fully integrated yet.

Alternatives Considered: BuilderTREND

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman: It seemed like it was not as in depth and complicated as BuilderTrend but offered a lot of the same key elements that i required. Contractor Foreman was also more aggressively priced so I felt a better value.

Johny sam ilango P.
Johny sam ilango P.
Recruiter in India

Amazing App!

5 3 years ago

Comments: This helps me set estimates,fix budgets, generate invoices, note down retainer amounts and keep every contact and business transaction in check without having to note down anything separately as the app is comprehensive in meeting all my business needs.

Pros:

The team behind this app is amazing. They're responsive, helpful and quick to resolve any queries that I bring to their notice. The app itself evolves to include features that will add value to businesses and this is something that any company would love to see. The app is intuitive and works really well with complex features that not a lot of apps offer with this much ease.

Cons:

Calendar functions could be improved to make it the perfect app!

3 years ago

Thanks Johny for your kind words about our Support team. We know that it is one of the many factors that sets us apart from others. We do plan on adding more features to the calendar. Being able to used fixed and variable retainage held is something that many of our competitors do not offer so we are glad it is a valuable feature for you.

Matthew R.
President in US
Renewables & Environment, 2-10 Employees

Great Software

5 2 years ago

Comments: Awesome!

Pros:

i love the SCHEDULING AND TEMPLATES APPS

Cons:

i do not like cloud based, and must be connected to use it.

Alternatives Considered: RedTeam

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman: USER FRIENDLY. MY EMPLOYEES AND VENDORS SAID IT WAS HARD, SO I HAD TO MAKE A CHANGE.

Switched From: BuilderTREND

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman: the overall price, and functionality.

Bryan K.

Great product

5 last year

Comments: Great support and product that seems all around great project management from the initial contact from the client to completion of the project.

Pros:

Great product. Glad training is done online and provided by US based personnel. Seems very easy to move around site. I still have a lot to explore. Many of options for training soon after signing up.

Cons:

On the IPad app it doesn’t seem as easy to use.

Alternatives Considered: Less Annoying CRM, Microsoft Project, LMN, CoConstruct, Jobber, Mavenlink, BuilderTREND, Arborgold and HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman: You all seemed excited to help me and my company. Easy to get up and running quickly even after a project has started.

Talal K.
Director in Pakistan

Contractor fore man

5 2 years ago

Comments: i have been using it for 2 weeks. so far it seems the right product for my company. would recommend a new more customization which has been communicated to Contractor foreman team. i was glad that they are already working on these recommendation and should be incorporated soon.

Pros:

Tracking the project cost, the option of assigning your job cost and then tracking it is nice. this way you exactly know when you are about to go overboard.

Cons:

Invoicing system can be a bit better. it has certain limitation.

Alternatives Considered: JobNimbus, STACK and NetSuite

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman: seems more integrated to my company's need so far

Scott N.

Great Product

5 11 months ago

Comments: So far it's been great. I haven't been using it very long but it is fairly user friendly.

Pros:

The software system is very customizable to my needs and offers tracking of many different aspects of a project. From design to punchlist the system allows me to track most everything in one place.

Cons:

The invoicing/estimating and email pushes could be a bit more polished. Contractor Foreman's logo is more prominent than my logo.

Alternatives Considered: CoConstruct, Knowify, BuilderTREND and Houzz Pro

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman: It had all the options I wanted at a price that made sense for my company size.

Cecily H.

Early User - So far so good

4 last year

Comments: The software will do the main things we need it to do. We were working in a bunch of different spreadsheets and then recreating each project in QB, so this cuts some of those steps out. The customer service has been very responsive.

Pros:

QB Integration, project schedule tracking, project cost tracking

Cons:

We could use more freedom with the features. Some items need duplicate entry.

Alternatives Considered: Procore and BuilderTREND

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman: Price

last year

Thank you Cecily for the review. Do you mind helping me better understand "freedom with the features" and what we would need to do differently? Thanks, Steven Gabbard, Founder [email protected]

Executive Administrator in US
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Great for combining multiple programs

5 2 years ago

Pros:

I like that we have been able to eliminate multiple programs and get our company running on one website.

Cons:

I hope they will be able to make a calendar based on crews scheduled and not individual employees.

William M.

Riverlands Construction's review of CF

5 10 months ago

Pros:

The software has great value for the amount that you pay.

Cons:

I would like if the software had GPS boundary notifications. To receive an alert if employees leave site boundaries while still clocked in. That is the only thing that Builder Trend offered that this software doesn't. Everything else is great.

Amirshahab S.
Construction Project Manager in Canada

Good for General works

2 8 months ago

Comments: Suitable for small General contractor only, Rep wasn't able to understand different clients need or customize the platform.

Pros:

It based on the standard General Contractor daily/routine works. it has all standard features that a small company may needs and can customize it for standard work.

Cons:

It is difficult to customize it for specific clients. I asked the rep to customize it based on our standard compliance quality check and they weren't able to do that. If you are not GC, this app wont work for you.

7 months ago

Hi Amirshahab. We are sorry that Contractor Foreman did not work out for you. The features you requested were unique to the way your business works and would not have been useful to others based on the method method mentioned. Contractor Foreman is used by subs and GC's in the residential and commercial industry. Our system works great for subs and we offered to show you and provide a free demo. If you change your mind, we'd love to show you how easy it is to use.

Micah H.
Manager in US

Overall a good product

4 11 months ago

Comments: Overall, the software has been easy to use and has been great for organizing all of our projects.

Pros:

I like having everything for my projects in one place and being able to easily access anything that I need for those projects.

Cons:

I’ve noticed some minor glitches with certain parts not saving correctly during the estimating tools and having to go back through to make corrections.

Michell E.
General Manager in US

All-in-one package

4 9 months ago

Pros:

This is a terrific dashboard for monitoring multiple projects and the app is very intuitive

Cons:

I am still learning how to navigate the software on my own but so far I am not finding any drawbacks

Alternatives Considered: ComputerEase Cloud and Procore

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman: Price

Bari M.
Office Manager in US

Great organization

5 2 years ago

Comments: The customer service is fanatical and everyone is quick to help and implement changes if needed to cater to our needs.

Pros:

What i like most is that everyone can access everything in one place and not having different apps for different procedures. The time keeping feature has been a great asset to our company.

Cons:

Sometimes the reports don't pull correctly

Alternatives Considered: BuilderTREND

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman: Cost, and features we needed that were not on buildertrend

Michelle R.

Small Business Contractor

5 last year

Comments: Although it is early in using Contractor Foreman, it seems that the customer service reps are very concerned about helping you.

Pros:

This software is extremely user friendly. I believe someone with very little software experience could learn this software quite easily.

Cons:

The thing I like least about this software is that I cannot have a local backup of our file without downloading.

Alternatives Considered: Knowify and BuilderTREND

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman: After much research and speaking to reps of the various customers, Contractor Foreman was by far the best all around.

Jeremy H.
Project Manager in US

Commercial Roofer

4 3 years ago

Comments: It's been very helpful in simplifying our record keeping, time cards, and communicating information through the various stages to the varied people who need to have access.

Pros:

I like the versatility and the ability I have to administrate access to information. To give people what they need without losing them in information that won't serve them.

Cons:

Sometimes there seems like there are a lot of bugs across the different platforms. The computer is the strongest, but the phone and especially my tablet tend to have bugs.

Nicole C.
Administrative Assistant in US

New but loving it

5 5 months ago

Comments: Good so far, it's our busy season so we are taking the setup slow by choice & implementing 1 module at a time :)

Pros:

Customizable, easy to learn, lots of capabilities that we haven't even started to take advantage of, price makes it affordable for us smaller sized companies to manage our work.

Cons:

I'm having trouble figuring out how some features can be customized to help us, I think it's too early to say anything doesn't work for us.