15 years helping British businesses

About Contractor Foreman

NOW: Starting @ $49/m for the WHOLE company, Contractor Foreman is the most affordable solution for small and medium sized contractors.

Learn more about Contractor Foreman

Pros:

The support team has been awesome training us all the features within the app.

Cons:

I am having trouble doing schedule and changing schedules.

Contractor Foreman ratings

4.2
4.5
4.4
4.6

8.3/10

Contractor Foreman has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 653 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Contractor Foreman before?

Stephen
Stephen

Just get it!

Pros:

The feature rich software was not what we thought we needed until we started using it. There are still things that we are learning about the software that help us better run our business.It was our goal to find something that we can use daily and not become burdened by the usage and need of the software. A few hours a day by the whole team makes sure that our customers are feeling important and well taken care of.

Cons:

There was a bit of a learning curve for our team at first. Once we understood that complexity and ability of the software ad a few trainings we were able to fins our groove. the best way to learn it is to use it EVERY DAY.We would like to see more of a CRM nurturing aspect within the program. Reminders, drip emails, etc..

Alternatives Considered: Jobber , Buildertrend and CoConstruct

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman: Needed more features and management

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman: Free trial, customer service and cost of onboarding

Terrence
Manager in US

Contractor Foreman

Comments: My overall experience has been great, I feel that I should of made it more important from the beginning to learn the ins and outs of the features of the software as now I'm over 20 projects in and learning how to properly enter the data. Overall our experience with the software has been outstanding and loving that we are able to grow with a software as our business scales

Pros:

I like that you can keep a running total of each project from start to finish, the features in Contractor Foreman are simple, easy to use and allows us to run our business effectively and efficiently from start to finish

Cons:

I can't answer this question at this time, I truly love all of the features and modules of the software

Alternatives Considered: FreshBooks

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman: Our business needed something and a software that we can grow into, and felt that Contractor Foreman was the best option as far as features and pricing for our business needs

Switched From: Wave

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman: Mainly cost and functionality, Contractor Foreman by far was the best fit for our company

Kevin
Operations in US
Accounting, 11–50 Employees

Review of Contractor Foreman

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Contractor Foreman has various positive features that retain my continued use for the software, such as ability to allow photo uploads within daily logs, mobile app use for all users, and reminder capabilities for critical job tasks.

Cons:

Least likeable feature is when attempting to synchronize contractors foreman into our QuickBooks Software. There are duplicate entries or certain things do not transfer correctly. As a result, we had to terminate the synchronization between the two. Looking for an effective method to prevent errors from happening.

2 months ago

Thank you Kevin for the review. We do offer an QB integration call where we can walk you through this process. Typically where we see QB issues, and this would be the case with most any software, is when a company has decided add the same records to both systems prior to integration. Once Contractor Foreman is connected to QuickBooks, transactions made in one system will sync to the others easily. Please reach out if any assistance is needed.

Larry
General Contractor in US

Dissapointed

Comments: Frustrated. Recently returned from out of the country to find an aggressively toned email from [SENSITIVE CONTENT] stating they had an error on their side of the business and were not collecting fees associated with the WePay portion of the software. They demanded we pay $800+ dollars that day or they would suspend my account. They also attempted to charge an on file credit card without permission, but it was expired. They claimed to have send several emails but only on was sent and then the notice to suspend.

Pros:

Th pricing is somewhat reasonable and there is an ability to offer a portal to customers.

Cons:

Lots of bugs. When forwarding the bugs or errors the team responds quickly but they assume everything is an operator error. One you convince them it is actually the program, them never follow up.

Alternatives Considered: JobNimbus

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman: Pricing

2 years ago

Hi Larry. We appreciate you being a long-time customer and it is unfortunate to see the negative review. So that others know what happened, Larry uses the WePay integration and he pays a 2.9% transaction fee for credit card transactions. There were some large transactions that did not have the fee paid by Larry and we let him know that the transaction fee would have to be paid. Sent sent several notices but we did not receive a response from him until the account was suspended. It's unfortunate to see that he rated us so poorly considering how active he is and that he has upgraded to a larger plan as it doesn't accurately reflect the positive comments he has made to our team.

Neal
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Great Project Managment Software

Comments: So far this is exactly what we are needing for our line of work.

Pros:

It was easy to set up, easy to learn how to use it. There are tons of training options to help with the use of the program.

Cons:

There are quite a few modules that we will not use, however you can turn most of them off.

Alternatives Considered: Procore

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman: Pricing and training are our two largest reasons for switching

Switched From: Procore

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman: Price was a major factor in our decision.

Business Manager / Construction in US
Construction, 201–500 Employees

The best out there for the price

Comments: It has been great and their quick to help out or implement changes you ask for, I have done demos with almost every other software out there and while some say they have a lot of features none of them compare to CF.

Pros:

All of the features, believe me I did a demo on ALL others and this one always came out as the leader plus they are constantly upgrading and adding new features. Let them know what you need or want and they will do their best to make it happen.

Cons:

I wish some things were more customized easily to suite our very unique needs.

Alternatives Considered: FieldAware , Procore , Fieldwire , Buildertrend , monday.com and BuildIT

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman: Appenate is great at building forms and a systems but has limitations

Switched From: Appenate

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman: I did demo on a lot more than I listed and CF had way more features for cost

James
VP Construction in US

Good value software

Comments: I like the program, but feel some of chat assistants can take you down the wrong road.

Pros:

An easier program to learn than some of the other software programs we have used at a reasonable price.

Cons:

Would have liked a tutorial overview of how to properly set up the system. Step by step so everything is set up and then start with estimate creation, and so forth.

3 months ago

Thank you James for the great review. For most Procore users, Contractor Foreman has proven to be the best replacement. Not only is it a fraction of the cost, but Contractor Foreman includes the features that most contractors are likely to need and actually use. We are committed to improving the product and service and I am glad to have you with us.

So many features

Comments: So far it’s been an easy transition going from buildertrend to cf

Pros:

It does it all, for a fraction of the price of other project management softwares.

Cons:

Schedule not integrating with iCal has been a challenge with managing my schedule as a whole

Tim
Tim

Great program

Comments: I have a great experience with Contractor Foreman.

Pros:

I like the ease of use and the help that is provided if you have questions.

Cons:

Nothing at this time. The program has satisfied my expectations.

Vicki
Project Coordinator in US

Contractor Foreman - Easy and Beneficial

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I like the ease of use and being able to easily scan whatever files i want and attach them.

Pros:

I like being able too easily find documents that I've attached to different projects. I can name each file whatever I want, and make changes as needed. I like being able to be at a project and easily look at the attachments on my phone.

Cons:

It seems a bit clunky in places. For example, if I select a project, I have to wait for it to come up and then it lands in a place where I have to select again (it lands on "summary," when I usually always want "financial"). Perhaps there's a function I haven't found yet where I can customize that area, but I haven't discovered it.

2 months ago

Thank you Vicki for the feedback and the great rating. I like your idea of being able to pin one of the tabs as the default so that when you open the module, it goes to that tab automatically. I'll share that with the team and if you haven't, please add it to the list of suggestions.

Co-Founder/Senior Finance Manager in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

A great upgrade to our management of projects

Comments: Overall, I'm very happy so far with the experience. The staff are very responsive and helpful, and will always look to improve the product with suggestions and bug submittals, and the app being feature heavy is extremely important in our situation.

Pros:

- The integration of the whole platform is very good, including externally with Quickbooks Online. - Ability to do time sheets in the field without separate software. - Cost codes and cost items that can be used for different jobs, this is huge for us. - Other fringe abilities, such as sending billing to a different person vs. the customer, and CC'ing multiple folks. - The apps are really feature heavy for a construction software, many other competitors, the apps are just terrible vs. the web portal.

Cons:

- The Service Ticket and Work Order systems don't work that well, and leave us lacking. - So far I have found tons of bugs in the iOS app, though I will say they try to address them quickly. - Might seem odd, but can't assign multiple wage rates to the same employee depending on cost code/item. This is huge for contractors that deal with Davis-Bacon wages.

Alternatives Considered: Procore and Tradify

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman: The competitor product was very clunky, phone apps were terrible feature-wise, and most of all, the value proposition was not very good at all, more than twice the expense for half the features of Contractor Foreman.

Switched From: CoConstruct

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman: The value proposition, eagerness to assist of the staff, ability to submit bugs and suggestions, and general integration made this software switch a simple decision.

4 years ago

Thank you Chuck for the feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve. If you will, send us a list of the suggestion you have for how we can make Service Tickets better. It's one of the most popular features but we get very little feedback about it so we are always looking for suggestions on how we can make it even better. [email protected]

Matthew
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Feature rich, great support, AND inexpensive... a huge value!

Comments: Very pleased with the product and the training, over the moon about the price!

Pros:

The 1 on 1 training is always given by a highly experienced rep, someone that knows all the ins and outs of the product and can answer any questions you can thow out! Features are excellent, not just for the money, but for any money! Love the product, we use nearly every aspect of it for our day to day operations, Billing, Estimates, project management, etc. Everything works, extremely happy with the tool and the support, HIGHLY recommend!

Cons:

Occasionally there will be a bug somewhere when you are using a newer feature, but they are always rolling out updates and listening to their clients to make the product better. The chat support is very responsive, but they are not nearly as knowledgeable about the product as the trainers, so sometimes scheduling a 1 on 1 training is the only way to get the help you need, depending on how complicated your question is. To date there is not a robust Knowledgebase for the product, just a video library, however, I hear they are rolling out a knowledgebase soon, which hopefully will be a nice addition to the chat support.

Alternatives Considered: Buildertrend

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman: They were easier to implement, easier to learn, had all the features for a lot less money.

Jeff
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Very robust software for a reasonable price

Comments: Great customer service and responsiveness from the leadership and service team. Quick onboarding and the guys in the field picked things up pretty quickly.

Pros:

I've been using the market-leading competitors for over ten years. I finally got tired of brutal price increases and went looking for a solution. Contractor Foreman was not only more affordable but in many areas, more robust and efficient. The learning curve wasn't easy, but it was reasonable. Most things are intuitive, and there are pretty good tutorials/videos out there for help. Mostly, it just keeps everything in a central location for the whole team to stay connected.

Cons:

I don't know if I'd consider it a con, but there are almost too many features. I had to dial things down in the settings to avoid getting overwhelmed. Unlike other construction management/estimating software, it is a little more process driven as opposed to open design. It's a little hard to explain, but the software works best if you follow the path (on hold/bidding/pending/approved/etc) and complete the build steps in the pattern laid out. You can go rogue, but it seems like glitches and problems are more frequent if you do. I guess that means that instead of bringing your system to CF, you have to work with their system. But, it worked fine for me.

Alternatives Considered: Jira , Trello , Houzz Pro , Buildertrend , monday.com and CoConstruct

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman: Efficiency and affordability

Switched From: Buildertrend , monday.com and CoConstruct

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman: Efficiency and affordability. Better software for a more reasonable price.

2 years ago

Thank you Jeff for the great review. We are committed to improving the product and making sure that you and others always consider Contractor Foreman a 10/10.

Jay

Best Bang For Your BUCK with ALL the customization of the compeditors

Comments: We are immensely satisfied with Contractor Foreman, as it has met the majority of our expectations. While there are a few minor quirks and room for improvement, particularly concerning purchase orders and their alignment with corresponding sections in the estimate, our overall experience has been overwhelmingly positive. We are genuinely delighted with the platform's performance.

Pros:

Contractor Foreman stands head and shoulders above BuilderTrend as the go-to software for construction management. Its user-friendly interface, comprehensive project management capabilities, exceptional mobile app, incredible dashboard, collaborative communication features, and reporting that works make it the undisputed leader in the industry. If you're looking to enhance your construction management workflow and take your business to new heights, I wholeheartedly recommend Contractor Foreman. It has revolutionized my business, and will undoubtedly do the same for yours. Lots of flexibility and built-in features make using it very easy. We were so happy to find CF after using SalesForce, then Buildertrend; CF has solved so many problems for us, and the icing on the cake is the price. They have all the features and functionality that serve our business needs. It was a no-brainer to switch over, and we're happy we did.

Cons:

The setup process can be quite time-consuming, requiring a significant amount of trial and error to ensure everything is properly configured. Unfortunately, there is a lack of comprehensive support or established best practices for integrating the various modules. Moreover, the available support options from CF are limited and often slow in their response. While they offer weekly training sessions (basic & advanced), a limited number of one on one training sessions, chat & email. Consequently, it seems that users are primarily left to their own devices when it comes to setting up the system effectively. On a positive note, the integration with QuickBooks Online is remarkable. However, the third-party setup company, Smart Business Solutions, could benefit from more extensive experience in their field. Their approach mainly revolves around trial and error rather than demonstrating expertise in tackling the specific challenges users encounter. Support primarily relies on email communication without the option for screen sharing, and the weekly training calls tend to focus on generic topics rather than delving into individual issues. While there are excellent instructional videos available, they may not address the specific intricacies of your business practices.

Alternatives Considered: JobTread

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman: The user interface of Contractor Foreman impressed us with its intuitive design, simplicity, and clarity. One standout feature is the powerful Kanban reporting, which offers a comprehensive overview of project progress. Additionally, swiftly generating estimates proved to be of utmost importance in our workflow. Another key advantage was the seamless synchronization of purchase orders from Contractor Foreman to QuickBooks Online, streamlining our financial management processes. Notably, Contractor Foreman also excels in handling sales tax appropriately and provides robust reporting capabilities. These compelling reasons led us to transition from BuilderTrend to Contractor Foreman. In addition, there is a Zapier integration to top it off :).

Switched From: Buildertrend and Salesforce Platform

Hayden
VP of Business Development in US

From Mom & Pop to Modern Efficiency

Comments: I have had a great experience with Contractor Foreman and would recommend this platform for any GC or Contractor looking to run lean. Excited to see the first project run through the phases with this software.

Pros:

We are still new to the software, but the implementation has been seamless. The supports staff helped me build a training schedule for my team based on the pre-recorded modules. The system seems to be very intuitive and I'm looking forward to running our first project through Contractor Foreman this week.

Cons:

The software does not have the markup feature released, yet. It is supposed to come out with the next update. We are looking forward to this as it will eliminate additional software needs. Customer service is fantastic when you are in contact with a person. Very knowledgeable and eager to assist. However I'm not a fan of receiving so many automated emails. Others might find it helpful.

Alternatives Considered: Procore , Autodesk Construction Cloud and Bluebeam Revu

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman: Everything was done manually in the past. My goal is to automate as much as the process as possible, from pre-construction to progress payments to job completion. The price point, functionality and extensive reports sold me on giving Contractor Foreman a shot.

Switched From: Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman: Price and functionality allowed us to stay lean.

Kevin
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Most features, easy to use, great value

Comments: The company is committed to improving their product. The software is packed with features and I'm always impressed with how much the software can do. With their constant improvements I feel that they will continue to correct any areas that could be improved.

Pros:

The software is easy to implement. It is packed with features. They encourage and take feedback and make monthly updates.

Cons:

There are some glitches and some parts of the software are more complicated than they need to be.

Alternatives Considered: Buildertrend and CoConstruct

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman: Contractor Foreman has many times more features than CoConstruct at a fraction of the price.

Switched From: FreshBooks and CoConstruct

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman: Easy of use, features. Clearly designed by people in the construction field unlike CoConstruct.

Cathalina
Office Manager in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Best bang for your hard warned BUCKS

Comments: Contractor Forman is a great system especially for the price point, with all the bells and whistles available as standard features. which we really appreciate as a smaller renovation company. We previously used a well-known system that was admittedly easier to jump in and start on. But the price was not worth it, Plus the really useful and necessary features were extra. We switched over to Contractor foreman and we are pleased we did. And will continue to use it for the foreseeable future.

Pros:

A lot of functions and features we can use to track everyone and everything we need to keep ourselves in line for every project. It's been especially helpful when we have multiple projects we can locate everyone, track change orders, and track progress details.

Cons:

Not a con per se, but the recorded trainer jumps into videos as tho everyone has had system experience. But for those of us who are brand new to estimates or project details, it can be frustrating at first. Now I will say they are always updating and improving the system, and the training videos have gotten better with the new outline feature. Just give it time, things are pretty well integrated and once you figure the quirks out, the ease of use is game-changing.

Our search is over!

Comments: Exceptional! Support has been amazing as well as all the friendly staff. Very personable and knowledgeable.

Pros:

The versatility! Being an electrical contractor that works in both residential and commercial, its difficult to find a platform that works for service, small projects and larger scale projects. Not only is this platform versatile, it also has a flow that works and makes sense. It has consolidated two other platforms we were paying for as well as two in house solutions, saving us 1000's over the next few year. We are already seeing the benefits in project management and accountability as a company not to mention the elimination of redundant data entry and a streamlined system.

Cons:

The only thing so far is the lack of a timeline on the service ticket screen to see a live view by service tech.

Alternatives Considered: Knowify

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman: Terrible Work Flow, programming issues, broken modules, half built modules, can go on and on. Long story short it cost us time in the office and didn't save us time. Caused the creation of complicated redundant processes.

Switched From: Service Fusion

Matt

Great Software

Comments: Experience has been good.

Pros:

Works well with Quickbooks. It also has a nice estimate worksheet that is customizable.

Cons:

Navagation could be easier. I would prefer the navigation based on customer vs a large dashboard you have to navigate.

Alternatives Considered: CoConstruct

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman: Buildertrend Quickbooks integration was poor in regards to sales tax. I also felt it was too expensive for having to do sales tax work arounds.

Switched From: Buildertrend

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman: Contractor Foreman does the best job of all the softwares I have tried.

Noel
Construction, Self Employed

Great CRM for a small business

Comments: They seem to be improving the software every month, and I'm excited to see what improvements they announce next. I am getting the program figured out, and it is now becoming a great tool. I think the program is fairly nimble once you learn the steps to do each task.

Pros:

I like the two-way sync, the program's simplicity, the client portal, and the project cost tracking. Contractor Foreman offers most of the features I was looking for, for a price that I can afford.

Cons:

I had some issues in my initial syncs. I decided to move from Quickbooks Desktop to Quickbooks Online while integrating with Contractor Foreman. Learning how the two programs integrate is always a challenge, and QBO is not as user-friendly as QBD in fixing errors. I had systems and processes in place that I had built over many years, and it took some trial and error to get CF set up the way I needed it to work. Other than that, the only other issue was reaching someone other than the chat support. The chat support is great for quick answers, but bigger issues will need to be handled by the tech support that is only available by email, which was sometimes challenging to get a response from. Overall they took care of my issues, and the program is working well now. I am probably an unusual case, but this is where the program became frustrating, and I was questioning my decision.

Alternatives Considered: JobTread , Leap , Buildertrend and CoConstruct

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman: Contractor Foreman offered most of the features I needed to make the CRM valuable. I've tried several other CRM programs, and they were not as easy to use for a small company. They were made for a team. Contractor Foreman can be run by one person or be used by office staff and field personnel. I think this will be a program that will allow me to grow with it.

Joel

Fantastic ROI

Comments: So far, fantastic. We are excited to see already what this software is able to do as well as find out what else it can do that we aren't aware of yet.

Pros:

A whole lot of functionality all in one place. I like having a single place for myself, subs, and clients to access the information needed.

Cons:

Seems there's some redundancy. Not sure if I missed it, but a quick start training to estimating would be beneficial. Example - it's easy to find "estimates" and create one, but if you do this outside of opportunities you will have to manually tie the estimate to the project later. There should be a best practice that shows how to utilize the system in the most efficient manner to save time.

Alternatives Considered: Jobber and ConstructionOnline

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman: ROI. Overall cost for the benefits received. Fantastic customer service and willingness to improve for the client. And lastly, it felt more like a perfect fit for my company size. Other programs we looked into seemed like they were either made for a single trade construction company with multiple crews (i.e., electrical, plumbing, hvac, etc) and could essentially be jerry rigged to fit a general contractor, or were designed for large construction companies that have a lot of office employees that have time to sit at a computer all day.

Sarah
Office Manager in US

Budget-Friendly Project Management Software

Comments: Contractor Foreman has been a decent software for our company once we figured out how to use it. Setting up projects was a much different process than we were used to with our previous software. It doesn't have quite all of the features we'd like for tracking certificates of insurance and things of that nature, but we are a niche construction type company; we are a small business working large Government contracts and that comes with its own unique challenges to track.
The software does a great job of tracking job expenses and it is customizable with what types of expenses we can input and synch with our Quickbooks job cost codes but it is not the most user-friendly.
Occasionally there will be a bug in the software, and it is nice that we have quick access to the developers so that they can fix the bugs. However, depending on who you get in the chat function, they are not always the most helpful or professional.
They are consistently adding updates and features and we are hopeful that over the coming months, this will be a software that has all of the features we'd like.

Pros:

The cost is the biggest pro for this software. For the price, you can't beat it. It does an adequate job tracking the things we need to track, and the scheduling tool is great.

Cons:

This software was very difficult to implement for our type of construction business. We do a lot of Government projects that require tracking unique items and obtaining different forms that we do electronically that we need our site superintendent able to track as well as office staff. The way to create the forms is difficult to figure out, and the formatting doesn't hold from one screen to the next so we get random spaces and periods in the finished product.

3 years ago

Thank you Sarah for the review. We do allow you to track certificates of insurance, GLI, and much more. It also sends notifications to you and the contractor (if you enable it). Can you provide more detail on which other tracking features you need? Thanks!

Jet
Administrator in US

Great Construction Management Software for Small to Mid-Size Companies

Comments: I found that the software can be very helpful to manage a lot of details and areas within a construction company. It can be used by various types of contractors, and to a certain point customized to serve each individual contractor. Overall, I think this software is a great upcoming contender against existing respected software, although I do believe it has a bit more to go before it can meet toe-to-toe with them; its getting there though.

Pros:

I sincerely like how many functioning features are readily available right out-of-the-box. Each feature/module is extremely helpful to manage the different facets within the construction industry. The features allow a wide range of different contractors to benefit from this software that can be customized to work the way each individual business works (although customization can be a bit limited with certain modules). I also really appreciate the company taking the effort to truly consider and seek out feedback from contractor's and then actually implement needed updates to the software. Since their inception they have drastically improved A LOT of the software features that work so much better.

Cons:

There are minor "cons" from our experience, one being that when wanting to customize certain modules to fit our particular company procedures we met some limitations. At the time, the software couldn't be customize to reflect certain details we were wanting/needing the software to do, although there were some "alternate" routes but they still didn't function the way we would prefer. But that can be overcome by doing some work arounds (as we found) but again would be preferiable if customization wasn't as limited (I'm not speaking in full details because there are several areas we saw we faced this, but the major point is we saw that customization can be limited if wanting the software to reflect or do certain things that you would want). Although I do believe the software is capable of reaching a much higher customization level than it presents now although depending on the company's ability to work on those specific areas (which they are currently doing). Another minor con is the actual customer service and support. It is currently not as strong as I believe it should and can be. When needing assistance in various occasions to fix an issue beyond our control, reaching out to support through their chat and email options were simple and decently responsive. But when it came to the actual support and help, it fell pretty short there. Mainly the reps. didn't feel eager to help and solve the issue, they just gave generic unhelpful ideas. But of course that can improve over time.

JESSICA
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11–50 Employees

Jr. J

Comments: I think you have a great software with tons of potential and it is very all encompassing, I think you could charge a lot more for the software with some enhancement to the user interface online and in app as well as adding those abilities to time track any type of order but most of all the one thing above all else that keeps you from being able to charge more is the lack of integration training and lack of customer service availability. Other software companies have excellent support and customer service that you can immediately speak to on the phone at the very least all day during business hours if not even at night. The only thing that kept us with you after paying for your program and buildertrend for 3 months was that your software has more functionality. I would gladly pay more for available customer service and personalized training and set up.

Pros:

You have a lot of features built into one place.

Cons:

Not very user friendly, wording and descriptions for permissions for example are confusing, app user interface could be simplified for field techs, should be able to have a customer with multiple locations and the biggest feature that is missing is the ability to require time tracking on work orders and change orders. Also hate that you cannot create a service ticket with an item from an estimate or sov. Also, hate that you cannot create estimates, invoices, payments, change orders, work orders, po's, bills, expenses or add subcontractors through the project summary unless one has already been created outside of the summary.

Alternatives Considered: Procore , Project Planning Pro , Buildertrend and CoConstruct

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman: See above

4 years ago

Thank you Jessica for the feedback. Will you please send me additional details bout the Con's you mentioned? [email protected]. It's difficult for a service provider to provide live phone support that is able to answer your call when you answer without charging as much as our providers do. Most of our customers do not need that level of service so we work to keep the price low by offering live chat support and email support even during the evening and weekends.

david

Impartial

Comments: I'm very impartial. I was very impressed at first with my tutorial which made me want to purchase the program, but once purchased I realized that even for small questions it took an hour to get an answer out of someone on multiple occasions that should have been simple "set status to this" or "create an invoice this way for a project." So overall I am not as happy with Contractor Foreman as I expected to be and never would have purchased it for the amount of money if I knew it was going to cause so many issues.

Pros:

I really liked the program when I first sat down and did an overview. It seemed like it would be very user friendly and I liked that layout and the abilities of the program.

Cons:

The program is extremely picky, one must know exactly how it works or it won't work at all the way one would expect. The program has extreme potential to be so user friendly and it'sjust not. Every Estimate, Invoice, project, ect must be set at certain statuses to do what the program is expected to do. I consider myself fairly tech savvy and could not figure out how to print an estimate without help. With that said, the help is hit and miss. Some people you talk to are very helpful, some seem like they're just as confused as you are and have no idea how the program works which is very frustrating. Lastly, there are multiple ways to invoice clients but there's only one way to do it without messing up financing on the project and to have all invoice items on one invoice. Otherwise everything is screwed up and it is not a simple process at all.

4 years ago

Hi David. Are you sure you were using Contractor Foreman? To print anything, you just click View/Email PDF. Then the PDF opens like a PDF normally would and you can print it. The program is VERY flexible. That is what most people like about it compared to other systems where you have to follow a certain path. Yes, the status does trigger certain actions. While you are building your Estimate and Invoice you do not want it to send to QB or finalize your budget. That is common for any software. We met with Crystal in your office and she quickly understood everything but you haven't responded to any of our request for a free training. We really are here to help. Our employees know the system and are able to help and are not confused. I'll reach out, but let us give you an overview of how the system works and I am certain it will click very quickly for you. You can see from other reviews that the system is very easy to use and support is great. We hope to prove this to be true.