Animaker gives everything Powtoon offers... for a better price

Reviewed on 18/11/2017
Josiah A.
Web Designer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Animaker makes it easy to create a flashy, engaging presentation that attracts young and old viewers alike. Creative transitions and stylistic graphics enhance the final product.

Pros: Animaker is the equivalent of how Powtoon was a couple years back. The interface and functionality isn't state-of-the-art, but it gets the job done. The tool enables creators to easily create engaging presentations/videos in a short amount of time. Their specialty is cartoon-themed presentations. Unlike Powtoon, Animaker allows users to actually export their video without upgrading, although it will include a watermark. This is far better than Powtoon's solution, which is to let creators create a stunning video, and then tell them they have to upgrade to download it.

Cons: While Animaker is great for the most part, there are some negatives. Transitions aren't seamless - they can be a bit disorienting at times. Also, the preset themes aren't the best. Finally, the site is pretty heavy with graphics, so a slow computer may not be able to handle it. Those are the only negatives I can think of at the moment. Overall, Animaker delivers, even if it's not been updated as recently as Powtoon, its major competitor. Just be aware that in order to produce a high-quality, polished creation, you're going to need to upgrade.

by Animaker on 25/11/2017

Hello Josiah Aviles, this is Val Subbaiah from Animaker, Inc. How are you? Thank you for taking time off to share your thoughts on Animaker.

As you might be aware, Animaker has the largest library of assets to help our subscribers use them to create exciting videos. On an ongoing basis, we keep building this library of assets.

Yesterday we launched over 40 new transitions to help our users. Armed with these effects, you can now make awesome videos with butter smooth transitions.

To know more about these new effects, please visit https://blog.animaker.com/new-transition-effects

Animaker is on a mission to make video making exciting, user friendly and extremely easy. Please keep the feedback coming. Request you to try the new transition effects and share your feedback on the same.

Thank you for your valuable time and with warm regards,

Val Subbaiah | Animaker, Inc | [email protected]

My experience with Animaker

Reviewed on 11/04/2019
Vusala A.
FM
Financial Services, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It is my strong view that nowadays support that we get together with the purchased IT product is far more important than the product itself. Because it is the support that gives life to the product and provides value. The level of support I have received from Animaker team has been amazing. These guys are very smart and very helpful and very quick. They have quite a bit of time with me patiently explaining every detail, making me an Animaker guru from a person with literally no IT background. I have managed to produce amazing video content with Animaker and any time I encountered a problem or a bug, Animaker team was right there and right available to fix all the problems for me. I am received a great value for the money I paid and I am grateful to Animaker team and I highly recommend this product.

Pros: I loved that you do virtually everything in the software. You can animate everything and you can manage the content any way you like. Breakdown by seconds allows you to manage every second of your content

Cons: I think it would be better if a scene would have like 20 to 30 seconds. My view is that 15 seconds too small and may be time consuming. And I would also love if you could incorporate a feature that helps to animate the characters that we are inserting the way it animates your own characters. For example if I could import my daughters image and could have her move her arm or leg. It would also be great if we could import a video as well and manage it. For example I have a video of my daughter running, I could insert it to a scene, removed the background and have her run in Animaker's background

A very good online application for anyone to create attractive and modern content in minutes

Reviewed on 03/07/2018
Marcos G.
Production and Content Director
13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: We reviewed this application for our company, since we have the need to publish a large volume of engaging educational videos. After trying it we can say that it is very easy to understand and use, even if you do not have much experience editing. They have very good tutorial videos that teach you how to get the most out of the program.
They also have one of the largest element libraries I've seen. In addition, the illustrations, characters and graphics in general are very cool and impressive.
In relation to competitors, they have practically the same functionalities as the biggest ones, such as the possibility of loading elements from your computer, like images, audios, videos and using them in your edition.

Cons: Not many things to say here... Since its a web application, that works in flash, it depends a lot on the internet connection you have. Additionally, if your equipment is not very modern, it could be annoying to make very complex editions.
In the end we decided on another option due to the characteristics that they had in relation to the price of the offered plans.

I did an amazing video resume with Animaker

Reviewed on 01/04/2019
Sabrina M.
Market Research, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The software is very easy to use, otherwise, you have lots of tutorials, helping you using it. Moreover, they have great basics videos that you can use in case you're running out of creativity. You can create amazing things, videos.. with the software they have lots of logos, pictures, backgrounds, etc. Oh yeah before I forgot they have amazing customer service ! At each email I sent they answered in the following minute.

Pros: The software is very easy to use, otherwise, you have lots of tutorials, helping you using it. Moreover, they have great basics videos that you can use in case you're running out of creativity. You can create amazing things, videos.. with the software they have lots of logos, pictures, backgrounds, etc.

Cons: The only cons is that we can't upload videos on the video we're creating, I had to use another software for that. Sometimes the software is lagging so I had to change my navigator several times, but it's no big deal it's worth it.

Good software but a bit tricky for beginners

Reviewed on 05/07/2019
Cristina M.
Coordinator
Hospitality, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, I like the software and would recommend it as long as you have someone who can dedicate the amount of time needed to create a good video.

Pros: I personally did not use the software much, but we had an intern who created a whole video and it looked great! I know she did have a really hard time with adding a voiceover which took her countless of hours to match the voice to the animation and whenever the script needed to be altered, she needed to do it again. We then had an agency work with this program and since their team has more experience, they were able to really elevate this video using this software.

Cons: There's limitations in using certain characters and voiceover is difficult to use.

Simple and nice on-line software solution for simple and nice animations

Reviewed on 19/10/2017
Edo M.
field agent/representative
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This is a good solution for any animation that You need (for Your YOUTUBE channel, business presentation, promotional video,...). In short period of time it's possible to make simple and nice animations that are needed. With extra effort it's possible to make something more (student projects in animation for example).

Pros: This is a simple and easy to use web-based solution for short animations. User interface is nice one, clean and simple so user can make it's job efficiently. There are plenty of options regarding design and animations (nice quantity of elements for Your creativity), If needed, extra media elements can be uploaded (photos, music, voice over). Tutorial video is one of best that I saw and I suggest to invest Your time in it.

Cons: Whole software is based on obsolete FLASH technology. Today all new web-browsers by default start with FLASH blocked so this is really strange decision. Have problems working with FIREFOX/WATERFOX. Guidelines are missing and grid can't solve that. Loading can be slow sometimes.

by Animaker on 23/10/2017

Hi Edo Modun, thank you for taking time off to share your review of Animaker. Appreciate the efforts. Please sign up, if not already, at www.animaker.com to receive updates on our soon to be launched HTML 5 platform.

Animaker is amazing & intuitive

Reviewed on 08/03/2019
Emma M.
Teacher
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Very personal service, quick email responses & clearly a kind company that wants to help its clients in every way possible - thank you so much for your help

Pros: The tutorial at the start is excellent and it is easy to bring it up to check how to do something while creating.
I immediately got to grips with how to use Animaker & had created my own animation within minutes. The bank of resources is huge - and gave me inspiration of what to use in my own animation. The feature of being able to upload your own content, e.g. a logo or graphic, is superb as it allows you to personalise your animation. You can select background colours using CYMK values which was also really useful to match my other graphics. There were lots of music choices to add. I was really happy with the final product & couldn't recommend it more!

Cons: So far, no cons - perhaps the timeline could be expanded/shrunk on command.

Simple to use & Extremely useful

Reviewed on 15/09/2018
Broadcast Media, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Lot of characters, animations, props. You can almost create anything you want. Customer support was very helpful.
Especially Infographics, Whiteboard animations are world class. We almost use Animaker for all our social campaigns.

Cons: There are few app regulations need to be followed as a User to have a good video making experience. If we follow that Animaker will give you a better experience. Especially like Quality settings & GPU settings so you can avoid lag. Also waiting for the Enterprise version to use the app with our whole team.

Not for amateurs ­čÖů­čĆ┐

Reviewed on 24/05/2019
Self - Employed
Retail, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: On a business point of view, or the do it yourself type, it will work. It gives you what you need, not much I can say about it though, it's functional, just doesn't have that wow factor.

Pros: The free themes, pics, transitions, etc are very well done. It can work with minimal effort (with some exceptions). The quality is good. The animations are good. The support and tip system is good. Basically, nothing truly stood out for me, but it is workable.

Cons: Now don't get me wrong, if you have delved into the animating world, know how to ticker around with software or maybe you're just a quick study, you can find this quite fulfilling, but if you've pulled up on this for the first time, it is really confusing. The software is mediocre for someone like me who has used others.

This thing sucks

Reviewed on 29/01/2019
Mayo G.
k
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: What I like most is that it tells me I can make a movie, but in all I cant. It's not my skills that are bad, though I would say aren't very good, its the program.

Cons: Firstly, it shows that you are limited to the materials that you can use. If you want it then you'll have to pay for it, which I think is normal for a company but still annoying. Second, I am trying to do a project for my science class and so far I've had 3 days to work on it. The first day I was getting used to it and got a little done. The second day I was absent so the third day I needed to work quickly. I opened it up and it said I had to START so all my progress was deleted. The next time I was more careful and left it open in a tab all weekend. A few minutes ago I wanted to work on it and it said I needed to run adobe flash. I did and when I got back on it told me how to start. ALL. MY. PROGRESS. WAS. DELETED. What the h-e- double hockey sticks! I really hope this thing gets fixed because I would like to acTually use it and recommend it to others. DONT GET THIS UNTIL ITS FIXED.

Great animation software for a reasonable price. Animaker is easy to use and to learn how to use.

Reviewed on 03/05/2018
Bojan G.
Business Development Manager
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Easy to use to create promotional videos for your business which can be uploaded on your own website and social media. Helps increase the business visibility and attract new customers as well as employees.

Pros: Value for money
Ease of use
Choice of scenes and characters
Great customer support
Intuitive software

Cons: I've been using the software for quite a while and there were lapses with the exports, which sometimes took even several hours, up to a day. The issues have been later resolved and now the exports work just fine.

Great software!

Reviewed on 09/07/2019
Vuk V.
Market Research, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: It's interface is very user friendly, almost like setting up a ppt presentation. It has a lot of cool features, great animation techniques and once you get the hang of it, it becomes very easy to use.

Cons: The only thing I would improve is the animation voices, e.g. when I wanna add a voice to read over a text I wrote it still sounds like a computer generated voice. I know there probably isn't much one can do about this at this point, but that's the one thing I would like to see improved in the future.

Easy to create animated videos

Reviewed on 07/06/2019
Anca M.
content developer
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I create educational videos to spread ideas that I want to share with other people. I also create intros and outros for tutorials and promotional videos for products and services.

Pros: I like how easy it is to create animated videos and the wide area of characters, animations, objects and backgrounds are available. I also like that there is a music library so I don't have to worry about finding music that I am allowed to use on my videos.

Cons: Sometimes I would like some state or animations of characters that I cannot find and I need to adapt to what is available... but I manage to figure it out anyway.

Excellent product

Reviewed on 23/06/2019
Nancy A.
self employed
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I was productive after just watching a couple of tutorial videos. Only twice was I not able to figure something out and I received an email answer within a couple of hours. Excellent!

Pros: It was super quick to learn and their support is the best I've ever had for a consumer software product. Extremely responsive

Cons: Wish the characters had a larger variety of animations.

Story teller

Reviewed on 13/08/2019
Maria jose M.
Teacher -author
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have made 3 videos. The third one was longer and it was a real short story.
I am ready for the fourth one.

Pros: There is a vast array of characters with pre-made gestures and features that can be used right away.
Animated backgrounds are a plus. It makes my videos look lively and real.

Cons: Sometimes, the pre-viewing makes the video lag.

Can Be Helpful

Reviewed on 19/03/2019
Bethany G.
Social Media Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Animaker is a decent solution for people looking to create animated videos. They don't offer stock videos, so it's not for something like that. However, there can be a real benefit in using it to explain services, promote a blog article, etc. We just started using it, but so far the experience has been fine.

Pros: This software does allow you to easily create animated videos that you can share on social media, YouTube, etc. The dashboard is relatively simple to figure out, and there are many different templates you can use.

Cons: It's a bit clunky, and you are limited in the amount of customization you can do. Some of the animations may look cheesy or be slightly off brand because of these limitations.

I was looking to create an animation video with a simple and reasonable software in terms of price.

Reviewed on 05/07/2018
David D.
Dirigeant
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: What I like best about Animaker is the ease of use, with a very well done tutorial. I also find the rate offers very affordable.

Cons: Not much! I would say maybe the loading time when inserting characters or accessories. And the variety of mood changes for the characters not rich enough.

I used Animaker to create some initial marketing animations for my website.

Reviewed on 11/04/2018
Austin N.
Positive Lifestyle & Fitness Coach
Customer Support

Pros: I loved that everything was done online and via the cloud, made it easily accessible from multiple devices!

Cons: Because it was free, some of the functions were limited, but thankfully it sufficed all my needs at the time.

This software is excellent.

Reviewed on 22/11/2017
Shriya C.
Account Manager
Information Services, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Easy,user-friendly

Pros: It is user-friendly and easy to use. It is designed well for the beginners too so that they can use it easily

Cons: limited options in the trial version. So it needs to be upgraded for the trial version. They should allow the access in trial version.

by Animaker on 06/12/2017

Hello Shriya Chandra,

This is Val Subbaiah from Animaker, Inc. How are you? Thank you for taking time off to share your thoughts on Animaker.

As you might be aware of the fact that Animaker with the largest library of assets, helps over a million users from 180 countries. Animaker, on an ongoing basis will keep building this library to empower users to create extraordinary videos in quick time.

As part of that effort, we have launched over 40 new transitions. To know more, read our blog post on the same: https://blog.animaker.com/new-transition-effects/

We appreciate constant feedback. Please keep it coming.

Thank you for your valuable time and with warm regards,

Val Subbaiah | Animaker, Inc. | [email protected]

Best place to make animated videos.

Reviewed on 09/11/2017
Shradha S.
Marketing Executive
Customer Support

Pros: The stylish pre-designed templates makes it so easy to narrate the entire storyboard to the audience.

Cons: For the best features to be activated, you need to sign up for the premium account. Trial version has limited features.

by Animaker on 15/11/2017

Thank you Shradha Sharma. Appreciate the time and effort taken to share your thoughts. As you might be aware, Animaker offers the world's largest library of animated assets to its subscribers. Please reach out to our support team for any help as you continue to use Animaker for creating exciting videos.

Great for Animations!

Reviewed on 10/10/2018
Marie yan xin N.
Associate
Security & Investigations, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Drag interface, easy to customise and navigate around.

Cons: I still have some issues loading my animos.

Great. But could be better

Reviewed on 05/03/2019
Healthcare Consultant
Education Management, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: More often than not, it has what you need to create an animation

Cons: CanÔÇÖt add background music with voice overs on the same video
Characters and scenery not diverse enough
Actions can be quite stiff

Making video for video presentation

Reviewed on 08/07/2019
Linda O.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I find it easy to make a video, now that I have done it once. It was also easy to get feedback which was a big help given the time crunch.

Pros: It has a wide variety of infographics to use.

Cons: It is a bit slow, may just be my computer.

Absolutely Horrible

Reviewed on 27/04/2018
Ayana J.
Customer Support

Pros: I like that there is multiple features and you can customize it how you want. There are a lot of characters, objects, and background to choose from.

Cons: However, this software is slow, lags, and is not user friendly. I thought it lagged on just my computer. No! Tried animaker on 4 different computers and It still lagged and skipped. I had to complete a project for a class for college and it took me hours because of the horrible software. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND USING THIS AT ALL. I exported this project at 4:00 p.m on thursday April 26th. My project due the next day, it was exported to my youtube at 1:08 a.m. that is unacceptable. Why does it take that long to export? Animaker is not a good preogram.

Excellent Tool

Reviewed on 28/08/2018
Gervas M.
Human Resource Advisor
Telecommunications, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Able to create explainer videos for internal communications to employees and personal purposes.

Pros: The tool is very Easy to use and its very light that it doesn't slow down your browser or computer. Auto save also help that you dont lose sny unsaved progress.

Cons: The free version is a bit limited and i recommend an offline version of the tool.