15 years helping British businesses

Xplor Education Reviews

About Xplor Education

Xplor automates administration for childcare operators. Childcare software made easy.

Learn more about Xplor Education

Pros:

Ability to access and manage my child’s childcare booking.

Cons:

I have also input addresses on parent profiles that disappear.

Xplor Education ratings

4.1
4.0
3.8
3.8

7.3/10

Xplor Education has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars based on 203 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Xplor Education before?

Ashleigh
Ashleigh
Full Time Mum and Carer in Australia
Individual & Family Services, 11–50 Employees

Enjoyable and Easy

Comments: As a user of this, i find it simple and easy to use. Im able to sign in before i reach the door, i can check my details and update and add bookings simply and easily. Was hesitant at first thinking it was going to be complicated but its turned out to be really easy and simple to use and im so glad for that because these days, time is essential and it makes it a quick and simple task to do.

Pros:

As a user of this, i find it simple and easy to use. Im able to sign in before i reach the door, i can check my details and update and add bookings in a user friendly, simplified app.

Cons:

A few teething glitches to begin with, was unable to understand the statements section until i asked someone else to explain the different sections and how to read them easier.

haley
DIRECTOR in Australia

Xplor review- Little Darlings II child care

Comments: fantastic product- has streamlined my admin work since making the switch.

Pros:

so many things i love about this product. -our onboarding specialist, [SENSITIVE CONTENT], was incredible and went above and beyond -the support agents are always so professional, so kind and friendly. I sometimes ask a lot of a questions and they always have answers and never make me feel silly for asking. -it is very user friendly

Cons:

i sometimes struggle (and so do the parents) with reading the statements as fore mentioned. We charge two weeks in advance which makes it harder.

2 years ago

Hi Haley, Thank you for your review of our Office product! We are so happy that you have had such a positive experience since migrating from our QikKids software!

Hareesh
Owner in Australia
E-Learning, 11–50 Employees

Still deducting payments after cancelling

Comments: Poor and would not recommend to anybody. Highly recommend using OWNA

Pros:

I wasn't the biggest fan of Xplor and would much prefer OWNA

Cons:

I cancelled my subscription no [sensitive content hidden] and they are still deducting payments as of [sensitive content hidden]. Do not recommend using them as once you set up your direct debit, it seems they will indefinitely deduct payments from your account

Tony
Employer in Australia

Xplor review

Pros:

It has organised my work a very big time.

Cons:

It takes time to do software updates tailored to the needs of our business

Bronwyn
Director of Mobile Children's Service in Australia

using Xplor software

Comments: Xplor has simplified my accounting process. The Xplor staff are wonderful and could not be more helpful. Parents do not have the same experience though and have described having to wait for 45minutes to have their calls answered.

Pros:

The Xplor accounting system works extremely well for Tharawonga. If the Master Roll is right then accounts are correct and charges are made to parents and it is very easy.

Cons:

Parents find it hard to connect and book and sign Compliant Written Agreements. I have had parents that have been with us for two years that still haven't connected with the childcare subsidy. Sometimes, when I am inputting emergency contact details for a child, the addresses and contact details will auto-fill. This has caused confusion as the details entered may be wrong. I have also input addresses on parent profiles that disappear.

Lisa
Centre Manager in Australia

Xplor versus ??????

Comments: Ease of inking information
Not having have cupboards and files of papers

Pros:

Xplor is easy to use Accounts and observation and planning are all under one program Can use multi media devices to use. Bit restricted to just the computer Can provide a snap shit and come back later and expand Parents have instant snap shots if there child day. Throughout the day

Cons:

For me it’s the distance. I’m in Western Australia and Its difficult to have a face to face chat and training Everything is done on line

5 years ago

Hi Lisa. Thank you for your review! We have extended our support & training hours now from 7am - 7pm AEST to cater for WA as well. You can access our support portal on support.myxplor.com. We're here to help!

Jaycine
Airtime Manager in Australia
Broadcast Media, 10,000+ Employees

Love the App

Comments: Haven't had any problems, pretty easy to use. Just the account area could be improved and would love email

Pros:

Easy to use, pretty self explanatory and love you can book extra days on the app.

Cons:

I think the accounts area could be improved and would love daily emails with photos and their day to day updates.

Melinda
Administration Manager in Australia
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Fantastic for a Pre-school (non Long Day Care/Approved Care)

Comments: Fantastic staff, assistance, help and easy to use!

Pros:

I love that it can be tailored to suit our non-profit, Community Pre-school - we are not long day care, nor family care and do not have an CCB receipting or need to report to the Govt so we needed a "different" type of software for our needs.

Cons:

I think it would have been good to have onboarding/webinars with someone who is more knowledgeable on a Pre-school's needs, rather than an overall approved care needs.

Vipul
Vipul
Principal Technical Support Consultant in Australia
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

XPlor has changed the way I manage my kids daycare account

Pros:

Easy to manage There is menu options to apply holiday discount, check on health, report any issued and above all keep an eye on how my kid is doing at the center. We get regular feedback and communications via XPlor. An additonal benefit is to check-in and check-out my kid right from the convenience of mobile.

Cons:

The interface can be improved and made more interactive but that is not a burning issue as such. It is more of an add-on

Carly
Operational control in Australia
Banking, 10,000+ Employees

Xplor

Comments: Very happy with my experience

Pros:

So easy to use, recently had to use to check account and make an additional day booking. Done within minutes.

Cons:

Haven’t encountered any issues or negatives with system

Caroline
Financial Accountant in Australia

Great front end - but the back end financials are very poor

Pros:

It's web based. I appreciate that customer service agent has tried his best given the constraints he has. Highly recommend his efforts.

Cons:

The cost is too high for the product that you get. The reports often don't reconcile, nor are they adequate for our needs. Fixes are made to reports and something else goes wrong - testing of reports before they go live is very poor. A report will work and then changes are made randomly that you aren't advised about and then the report doesn't work. It seems that the developers have had no experience with developing financial systems - as double entry accounting is not understood - reports need to cross match. We have had in many cases needed to hold Xplor's hand to get any of the reports we need. We have had the software for 18 months and still have many of our reporting requests outstanding. This product.sales team is high on promises but low on delivery. I would prefer less sales fluffy saccharine promotional videos with American accents and more meat to the product - and for the team to deliver on it's promises. It is not a mature product and is at very early stages from a reporting perspective.

5 years ago

Hi Caroline. We're really sorry to hear this. We've updated our financial reporting module since your review & hope that this has resolved your issues. If you continue to have issues, please reach out to us on [email protected].

Evelynn
Centre Manager in Australia
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees

I dont like the new master role

Comments: it tends to be a bit glitchy, often silly problems like at the moment my direct debits are not self populating the account number.
it can take 24 hours between adjusting a booking in the master role and the statement or parent payment amount being correct.
However the program is easy to use and the screens are nice and clear
I was shocked to find that you have rolled out the new Master role but we cant edit a booking yet, not sure why you would roll something out that wasnt ready...

Pros:

The program is very simplistic, it is easy to use most of the time The screen views are clear and easy to read

Cons:

The new master role - when i want to look at 1 room, i need all the other children to disappear, i dont want to have to scroll through looking for bookings past children in other roles. I have been waiting for 3 weeks for feedback about an issue, i dont know whether it is fixed yet, my families Direct Debit is not processing properly. I have phoned and dont want to keep phoning - sitting on hold is restricting. I just need it fixed

Melissa
Administration Manager in Australia
, 11–50 Employees

Fantastic product, a little more tweaking and it could be amazing.

Comments: At the present we get the sign in and out, the payment of bills and the staff rosters.

Pros:

Everything is in one place. Child bookings, Staff rosters, sign in/outs, fees accounts the ability to use paypal.

Cons:

The manipulation of reports that we require, to be able to build your own reports would be great. The information gathered for the enrolment form and waitlist form has information that we don't need and it is missing information that we do need. Would be great if these were customised as promised when we signed on and parents were able to complete these online so there wasn't additional data entry each year. Would be great if there was a version that was dedicated to Preschools and the different needs they have against Long Day Care facilities.

Andrew
CEO in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Don’t Buy!

Comments: This software is a joke. I swear every day I use this junk there is an issue. It seems I’m the only one using this software because I’m always told that none of these issues never come up. Scheduling zoom is horrible. You can schedule into the future. If it does it counts all the appointments for one day. The nutrition part is terrible. The workout builder sucks (takes way too much time to create) and the demo videos are done by amateurs. I can go on and on but most recently it didn’t spit out invoices or process payments for the month of February. It’s like everything stopped at the end of January. This is unacceptable because now I have bills that aren’t getting paid. The reporting is vague and lacks many features, and…just don’t buy this.

Cons:

I didn’t like anything about this software.

Barbara
Service Leader in Australia

Jack of all trades.

Comments: My overall is that it is a one stop shop that covers most things.

Pros:

It pretty much covers everything I like that parent can digitally sign children out on the same place we can record observations and sunscreen etc etc the list is long

Cons:

Some reports don’t show me totals, or aren’t laid out as well as they could be.

Kayla
Early childhood teacher in Australia

Xplor is Great!

Comments: The sustainability aspects of having an electronic system has been great. It has reduced the amount of paper our service uses.

Pros:

I like that I can see what the children are participating in even when I am out of the centre. I am notified instantly if there are any issues.

Cons:

I find the output of observations not very “pretty”. It would be better if the layout and design of observations could be customisable to suit the type of observation being written.

Melissa
Early Childhood Educator in Australia

Review of Xplor app

Pros:

Ease of use. I like that it is not Apple specific and that I can use it on an Android device.

Cons:

I wish we could add patents work phone numbers in the contact list not just their mobile numbers. Some parents are unable to have their phones with them while working. If we need to contact a parent because their child is unwell or they have had an accident the only number we can quickly access is their mobile number.

Kyrra
Educational Leader in Australia

Xplor Review

Comments: our director usually deals with most any problems that arise with the software

Pros:

I like that it is fairly easy to use and understand, it has pretty simple set up that I think is appealing to the user

Cons:

I don't really think I have anything I don't like

Renae
Educators in Australia

Love this app

Comments: Xplor has been an amazing app to use in the work place. It is easy to use and the parents LOVe the updates during the day

Pros:

Ease of use & updates to parents. The ability to add in multiple toileting/nappies at once, being able to post photos and updates.

Cons:

I didn’t like that the app would at times shut down without warning. This would result in lost observations and posts as they wouldn’t save.

Rebecca
Educator in Australia

Xplor

Pros:

I really enjoy how easy xplor is to understand and use. When I first starting using it, I was worried about using technology in childcare, as I'm used to everything being on paper. This was an easy transition from paper to technology, and now I can't imagine not using it!

Cons:

I find that when I need to quickly submit information, I need to go back through all the lists to the beginning to go to different areas. It would be good to have tabs on the screen to quickly flick through different areas of the app.

KAROLINE
Postie in Australia
Package/Freight Delivery, 10,000+ Employees

Great

Pros:

Great software and very easy to use and easy access

Cons:

I use Xplor for my child’s daycare and find that you can add a vacation day and before school care but you can not add a after school day. And you can not delete days put in which can be frustrating because if need need to have a day off you can’t delete but you still get charge daycare fees :(

Margo
not applicable in Australia
Music, 11–50 Employees

Xplor review

Comments: I find it clunky and difficult to navigate in comparison to Kindyhub. Some functions are ok, but the general summary of the day and photos is not working, at all.

Pros:

I like the timeline where staff can enter in details of my childs day, eating / sleeping etc. It seems to function well. When using previously, I feel the check-in feature is very handy. Will be good to have that up & running again.

Cons:

The staff at Greenwood can't seem to add multiple photos with us being able to see them all. I know there was a monthly update on my child that has now disappeared from view and I don't know how to find it. In general, it seems there is less ease of use to Kindyhub, which would send you a notification when anything relating to your child was added. There should definitely be a function to receive notifications. How else do we know something has been added.

James
Early Childhood Teacher and Educational Leader in Australia
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees

Too many bugs and inconsistencies

Comments: Potentially exciting but at the moment Xplor needs to fix their system and get the parent app finished. Not a great overall experience but excited to see what the next 3-4 months will bring

Pros:

It speeds up use of charts Video uploads have been good when they work Planning is very exciting

Cons:

Very glitchy and often functions not working and changing too often, system goes down without warning, poor ability for communication with families, awful customer support and long wait times to receive poor help. Too much to do for Xplor Hero's with a lack of support for them

5 years ago

Hi James. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble reaching us on support. We have instant support chat functionality available via support.myxplor.com. We have also increased our phone support team with an average 5 minute wait time and can be reached on 03 8652 1963 (7am - 7pm, Melbourne time). We're here to help! -Xplor Support

Belinda
Acting Director - Preschool in Australia

Xplor is awesome with signing our children in/out of the service

Pros:

nappy change log for parents to be able to see when their child has been changed. sleep log for tracking sleep patterns for children attendance: parents and the service know exactly when the child was signed out/in and by who observation

Cons:

notifications not loading fast, seem to have to reboot the app to get them to work cant reply to parents notes when received, can only send back a photo

Hashreet
Customer service officer in Australia

Love tracking my child

Pros:

I can have pictures of my child. I can be relived at work as I can see what my child is currently doing. Great app for working moms.

Cons:

You cannot save videos. I would love to keep my child videos. I am not sure if receiver gets my message.