United Kingdom Local product

About Nobly

Nobly's iPad POS system is an affordable Point of Sale, backed by a powerful Back Office & award-winning customer support.

Learn more about Nobly

Pros:

They offered a full refund, looks nice on iPad, but that’s it.

Nobly ratings

4.3
3.8
3.8
4.1

6.4/10

Nobly has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars based on 13 user reviews on Capterra.

Sort by

Have you used Nobly before?

Robin charles A.
Robin charles A.
Catering services supervisor in UK
Consumer Services

Wicked system!

5 4 years ago

Pros:

Ease of use for my team and great simple and in-depth reporting, very slick good looking hardware. Weird but customers comment all the time on how good it looks

Cons:

Could do with a better way to export csv files as wont work on my devices and remote viewing but that's just my preference

Nobly Response

4 years ago

Hi Robin, Thanks for the great review! Glad o see what customer's love the iPad and hardware design! Exporting reports should work on any computer (desktop/laptop). I'll send you an email directly to discuss this and ensure that you can use all of our features! Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with! Thanks, Jonathan

Consultant in UK
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

Affordable & fairly easy to use system

5 4 years ago

Comments: Overall I am very happy with Nobly a few minor adjustments would vastly improve the usabiliaty.

Pros:

A very affordable and reliable POS system with minimal training required for a tech savvy person. As it is a app based system, loaded onto an iPad, it is super easy to get up and running. The layout of the register screen is very standardised and can easily be adjusted. Waste and stock management can be controlled in the system, making it a perfect all in one soloution, that you can integrate your payment solution with.

Cons:

Adding new products can be quiet time consuming when offering eat in and take away options as the price needs to be inserted twice for the different options. The back office can be accessed on an iPad, however is quiet temperamental and it feels that it I not fully optimised to work on this platform, which is a shame.

Vasilis Z.
Photographer in UK
Entertainment, Self Employed

Easy to use

3 2 years ago

Comments: Really mediocre

Pros:

The software is very easy to use. I love the interface of the software.

Cons:

I work in a coffee shop that uses nobly in a daily basis and we haven't had the best experience with this software. We use it on Ipads and it has been slow, there's been connection errors on really busy days. There is no offline features whatsoever so if your business is busy on a daily basis I would recommend to find another software.

Robb M.

Easy, pleasant and useful

4 4 years ago

Pros:

Easy access to financial information and accessing stock levels as well as staff finding it easy to use and keep track of float in the till

Cons:

That it required a little more setup to our uses, would be nice if it came tailor made to our industry

Nobly Response

4 years ago

Hi Robb, Thanks for the freat review and glad to see everything is going so well with Nobly! In terms of the set up - let me know what could be better in terms of training, etc. and I will see what we can do to improve it! Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with! Thanks, Jonathan

Munir K.
Retail, 11-50 Employees

Excellent all round

5 4 years ago

Comments: The fact you have to explain pros and cons

Pros:

Simplicity of the layout. Its very self explanatory and I hardly have to provide any staff training.

Cons:

The fact that you have to be online. Sometimes when internet goes down there no short term solution to keep my business running!

Jonathan L.
Bar Manager in US
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees

Nobly. A Noble Choice

4 4 years ago

Pros:

The product works really well is missing a few things but if you are looking for a good value for a great price this is the POS for you.

Cons:

Customer support is not always the best. Your more likely to get a email response then you are toy get someone to pick up the phone. Also hope you are tech savvy because you will be figuring out a lot of the setup by yourself.

Nick B.
Managing Director in UK
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees

Avoid!

1 4 years ago

Comments: This is not a proper till system. If you are using a pen and paper, yes it may be better and it i May be suitable for a burger or festival bar type situation but for an actual restaurant/bar/pub/cafe it just does not work.

Pros:

They offered a full refund, looks nice on iPad, but that’s it.

Cons:

It struggles with 2 terminals and regularly does not sync meaning a waitress adds items to the bill but of the bill is printed from another terminal they do not appear and therefore the customer does not get charged. The printers and cash draw regularly don’t print/open for no apparent reason and sometimes it just decides to print tickets to different printers. The till system is full of bugs which when reported they say they can’t fix within 6 months. Supposed to be a support line but you just go one hold and after a minute it hangs up on you. You have to message them and wait for them to call you which often doesn’t happen. The clock in/out system is worse than pen and paper. You will not use this. Their reporting options are extremely basic even though you are sold on ‘whatever reports you need’. Their stock system seems extremely basic to the point I was told after purchase that it won’t really work for what I wanted it, which was just to find out how much of each product I’ve sold. Essentially I don’t think they have actually built the stock system yet, but are trying to sell it. It took 3 weeks to get this set up, only to have to send it back as it is useless for me.

Elisabeth J.
Elisabeth J.
Head of Sales and Marketing in UK
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees

Excellent customer service

4 4 years ago

Pros:

Simple and easy to use. 5 mins training is enough for any member of staff and there back office is easy and informative.

Cons:

It's addictive, can stop monitoring my takings ! In seriousness more intergarations would be good but the company seems to be progressing quickly so I expect more to come!

Amelia M.
Owner in US
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees

Very functional software for a small business

4 4 years ago

Comments: Definitely try the 15 day trial.

Pros:

The price for the features is great. It's easy to install and use on an iPad. The dark screen on the iPad is a nice change.

Cons:

The back end office is somewhat confusing and hard to set up. If you have a lot of variations, this software is not for you.

John L.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees

Avoid at all costs

1 last year

Comments: Worst company ever had dealings with

Pros:

I paid them over £700 for Pos it did not work with Barclays Bank card reader. They refused to take their equipment back & give me a refund. I have to take them to small claims court. Avoid this fancy sales pitch all bark & no bite. A joke of a company with a no customer care policy.

Cons:

Everything & there customers service is terrible.

Lydia L.
Proprietor in UK
Retail, Self Employed

Great customer service and easy to use system

5 4 years ago

Pros:

That it is easy to use and understand even for myself that has very little interest in technology. It logs everything and I can go back over previous sales days to see what was sold (previously doing sales with pen and paper). Cashing up process is alot easier and mistakes are less likely to happen.

Cons:

I have only been using it for a couple of weeks so still exploring what it can and can't do. So far I have not found anything I don't like

Andrew J.
Director in UK

Excellent from the start of the sales process, through implementation and now into support.

5 4 years ago

Pros:

The ease of use, setup takes minutes, even with multiple lines and complex recipes. Staff training takes minutes for anyone used to using an iPad and only a few hours for those who have never touched a tablet before.

Cons:

The only criticism of this software is the minor delay between touching a button and the software reacting, it is only noticeable during very busy times and is no worse than any other system that we tried.

Martin B.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

An easily understood system for our community sports club, up and running in just a few hours

5 4 years ago

Comments: Immediate information available off site to manage both accounts and stock levels

Pros:

Provides all the required functionality with easy and intuitive set up procedures. Provides off-site access allowing the control and monitoring required for our organisation. Very good support

Cons:

The navigation and menu system to the reports etc in the back office function is not intuitive although all the necessary information is there