• Overall
    4.6/5
    4.8/5

About GAIN

Automate your content marketing workflow, get client feedback and approval faster, and stop using spreadsheets and emails.

Learn more about GAIN

Lena K.
Account Director
  • Reviewed on 13/05/2018

"User friendly , easy to navigate and visually appealing"

Comments: Time saving, more professional.

Pros: Visual previews of all content, ease of sharing content for approval with clients, ability to export content as a PDF after approvals, automatic scheduling to Facebook or Instagram

Cons: Inability to tag Facebook accounts (although this is due to a Facebook privacy change), customer service can take a while (due to us being located in Australia), posting more than one image to a post automatically shares it as an album (which we don't always want).

by Big Propeller on 18/05/2018

Hi Lena, thanks for your review. We are glad to hear that GAIN is helping your team to save time.

We wanted to address the issue you faced when including multiple images in one post being shared as an album on Facebook. A couple of months ago we implemented changes to the Facebook posting to make this work in the way that you actually expect.

GAIN now uses native Facebook multi-photo posts. This means multi-photo posts now use Facebook's scheduling engine (useful for boosting posts before they're published) and there's no need to create an album just for the photos in the post.

If you have not tried posting multiple images since then please do, and let us know how it works for you!

Thanks!

• Reviewed on 13/05/2018
Digital Marketing Specialist
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2019

"Good social scheduler"

Comments: Gain is easy to use and easy to connect channels. We use it daily to schedule social posts for clients and I like that we can separate each one so that nothing gets mixed. Be aware that there aren't any analytics available, this is just a scheduler and approval workflows.

Pros: Gain is a good platform to use if you just need to schedule social media content. You can connect Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. It is also capable of file collaborations. There are approval workflows built in so that a client or other team member can approve posts.

Cons: If you have a post that you would like to feature on different channels, you have to duplicate the post. Other schedulers allow you to craft it within one box and modify it for each channel.

• Reviewed on 08/10/2019
MD
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2019

"Great product but struggles to address key issues"

Pros: It's easy to use, lots of good tools for agencies, far better than other similar products

Cons: Every now and then bits of the tool break. The most recent has caused major problems for us and the clients but seem to be a low priority for the GAIN team. For example, in this case, posts are not displaying properly on LinkedIn. We get these issues aren't always in GAIN's control but would appreciate more urgency and communication around the problem.

• Reviewed on 17/07/2019
Kelly B.
Owner l Chief Buzz Creator l Social Media Strategies l Social Media Events l Online Brand Management
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2018

"Best CMS we've seen for content creation and approval processes with many layers of usability."

Comments: Our entire staff loves the software and we have tried a lot of other platforms. It's intuitive and very professional. Our clients love using it as well. It makes content creation and approval SO easy and helps our process run smoothly. No clunks!

Pros: 1. Layered approval process and options for each and every channel can be varied - HUGE for agencies!
2. Ease of content creation and views for multiple devices.
3. GAIN is always updating their software to make it better and add new features.
4. Tracking of comments.

Cons: 1. Manual publishing to Instagram would like auto-publishing like Hootsuite
2. Not featuring 'Ready for the Next Round' in the client boxes

Ali S.
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2019

"Love using Gain - it has streamlined my workflow immensely over the past three years. Highly recomme"

Comments: Overall amazing.

Pros: The team is quick with customer service. The software is solid and provides a great solution for a very affordable price.

Cons: There is an opportunity to reduce clicks on the website to be even more efficient. Editing posts from the approval page isn't directly available. You have to manually open each post to edit. I wish there was a bulk edit feature without having to load a new page each time.

• Reviewed on 11/06/2019
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2019

"Good For Some Things"

Comments: If you need to secure multiple layers of approval before posting to your social channels, Gain could be a great fit for you.

Pros: Every agency has a different system, but Gain is a pretty reliable software for internal post review and approval.

Cons: The pricing model makes it prohibitive to scale, and it doesn't do EVERYTHING we need it to- so we end up complementing it with Sprout. It'd be great to have an affordable all-in-one solution.

• Reviewed on 27/11/2019
Ashleigh F.
Director of Account Services
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2019

"Ease Way to Develop Content and Get Multi-Level Approvals!"

Pros: GAIN is the EASIEST software for developing and editing content, getting many layers of approvals, and posting. It is easy to onboard with new teams, train on use, and implement with daily. I highly recommend it.

Cons: There is really nothing that I dislike about this program. If I was offering some advice, it would be helpful if approvers could see all the content at one time (like the creator does) so they can understand the strategic message of all content, not just each individual post.

Dina E.
Communications and Development Officer
Mental Health Care, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/05/2018

"Excellent workflow for social media management"

Comments: Simplified social media approvals, editorial calendar

Pros: Because we work in a politically charged environment, it is really important that all of our messaging is completely clear. Therefore, having a tool that supported approval workflows was vital. GAIN does this beautifully and is budget friendly - especially with the 50% non-profit discount!

Cons: Some of the integrations with social sites aren't ideal - but I think that's more down to the individual platforms' APIs than GAIN itself.

Digital and Communications Manager
Food & Beverages, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/05/2018

"Gain has completely changed the way I do my job - in the best possible way."

Comments: Makes my job of managing 5 different SM pages super easy,

Pros: Easy to use.
Multiteam input.
Makes translations easy.
Allows for easy tracking of our agency.

Cons: Instagram one-touch posting - wish there was a way to automatically upload.
Also waiting until we can do on platform boosting.

Trycia de karla T.
Company Founder / CEO / Strategic Director
13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2018

"GAIN is a great social media tool to organize your efforts and have a clear overview of them."

Comments: Organization and an excelent way to manage my Instagram content.

Pros: I have a very clear way to organize and manage my client's efforts. I love de calendar view, it helps me to review, correct or add content if needed. The APP for Instagram posting is my favortie asset.

Cons: It has too many clicks to edit or add a content, it makes quite complicated to manage my info. The list view should have a better way to filter.

Hasnain R.
VP Digital Marketing
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2018

"great platform. not sure what our agency would do without them"

Comments: Organization.

Pros: - love the ease of use, and the approval schedules for our clients
- great having all major social media channels present
- very nice calendar view. helps us get bigger picture of what content is to come

Cons: - analytics: please create an analytics tool that we can use to share metrics with clients
- having an approver email schedule: currently we have way too many emails going to clients about follow ups on content review. if we can set our own schedule of when to send those emails, that would be great.

Krystal B.
Marketing Manager
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2018

"Highly Recommend for All Businesses and Marketing Teams"

Comments: Social media calendars have become much easier. They're actually fun to create again! I've transferred jobs twice and made sure GAIN was one of the first softwares we included in our marketing plan. I've told dozens of people about GAIN and if there was a Representative Referral Program or something, consider me the first to sign up! I love GAIN and wouldn't trade it for anything. I know they will continue to better the software and increase available features! Customer service is always on point and I truly admire that. Go Gain!

Pros: I LOVE the drag and drop feature on the calendar view.

Cons: The size minimum for photos and some link previews don't load when live on social channels. But I don't think the latter is necessarily a GAIN problem.

• Reviewed on 09/10/2018
Soraya H.
Social Media Specialist
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2018

"Gain has made my day to day job as a Social Media Specialist so much easier!"

Comments: Save time and increase efficiency.

Pros: The easy user interface and multiple features built into one platform. Gain has allowed me to save time and increase efficiency and productivity. Highly recommend over Hootsuite!

Cons: There isn't anything I don't like, this platform has been great at doing exactly what I need while also providing great customer service support. The customer service could be a little quicker at times though.

Vanessa P.
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/05/2018

"Very easy to use and helps us keep on track of our socials"

Comments: It allows us to deliver a service to our clients easily.

Pros: Duplication function is fantastic! The platform is easy to navigate. The scheduling tool has always delivered for us.

Cons: Facebook Handles integration has been lost is causing us to double our amount of work after we have posted each piece of content. When will this be fixed?
Will there be instagram automatic posting soon?

London G.
Digital Director
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2018

"Keeps our team and workflow streamlined!"

Comments: Streamlined work flow, internal organization, ease of content review with clients.

Pros: The ease of client approvals and content feedback. Quick and easy to copy posts from one channel to the next.

Cons: Inability to auto publish Instagrams. Also seems to be a lot of buttons to click which elongates the content creation process.

• Reviewed on 10/05/2018
Lyssa W.
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2019

"Absolutely love it!"

Comments: I have had nothing but positive things with Gain. They often check in to make sure everything is working well for my team and I. They also ask about new features I'd like to see, offer to show me new features that have been added.

Pros: I like the ease of being able to share content with our clients for approval, and the be automatically scheduled and published after being approved.

Cons: The only downside is it doesn't have a way to do Pinterest as well as the other main social media platforms.

• Reviewed on 16/05/2019
Jameson P.
PR Manager

"Unbeatable approval flows!"

Comments: Much easier organization of content approval flows, one master calendar for planning all content.

Pros: Excellent for managing the approval status of all types of content, and bouncing content back and forth between client and agency.

Cons: I think certain parts of the UI can still be easier to use, and there could be more bulk editing functionalities. It would also be killer to have Instagram auto posting built in, or more robust comments on content between the team.

Michelle R.
Strategist / Social Media Department Lead
  • Reviewed on 11/05/2018

"amazing, the customer service team is on point"

Pros: the approval process with clients is helpful because we used to use spreadsheets. it's also easy to approve internally before client gets the content. all around it streamlines our agency's process and as a result, less time is spent on admin work and more time on actual content creation

Cons: we can't tag other brands/people for Facebook and LinkedIn, so we still have to manually post anyways once the client approves.

Online Media, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2019

"Great for what it does"

Comments: I have had amazing customer service with this company and will definitely continue to use them… I am happy that they changed up their pay scale recently, however I wish that it were not per user but her account. Very often clients have several approvers they want on the list… So that ups my tier very quickly. I love the platform and ease-of-use and the ability to have clients easily approved content, but for the cost I really would like there to be other features, such as analytics and reporting.

Pros: I absolutely love that I can create a content calendar that clients can see and approve with ease.

Cons: I don’t love that there are no analytics available and that the fee scale is per user. Some clients have several approves and that will quickly bump me to the next tier... which wouldn’t be a huge deal if there were analytics and reports available.

Tela K.
  • Reviewed on 14/05/2018

"Great Tool for Social Scheduling and Affordable!"

Pros: The approval templates are why I signed up for the service. I also love the calendar view and ability to sort by platform.

Cons: Would love to see integrated performance reporting so it's more of an all-in-one solution. I'd also like to be able to schedule the same post for multiple days in the future (like for twitter)

Michelle W.
Designer
  • Reviewed on 11/05/2018

"Great customer service, mostly intuitive, missing a few essential features"

Comments: Organization

Pros: I like how easy it is to see the whole content calendar at one time. When you're working on scheduling content for a client, its much easier to schedule content based on an entire month or quarter, and Gain helps to keep all of that organized

Cons: Gain is still missing some features that are missing... There is no way to save instagram stories templates, or post templates in general - Have to use Canva or ilustrator for those. Also, I would love to see a 3 image wide grid mock up so that I can see the preview of the order of instagram images next to one another before posting (I have to use UNUM or Planoly instead)

Kelsey V.
Social Media Manager
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2018

"!!"

Comments: No issues!

Pros: I like the easy access and that it is so user-friendly. I have never had a client complain or have to ask a bunch a questions regarding how to use it.

Cons: It runs a little slow and having to manually post to Instagram is frustrating.

• Reviewed on 12/10/2018
Rolando Z.
UX and Marketing Director
Real Estate, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/05/2018

"The best solution for social media content review!"

Pros: 1) Easy to use content calendar
2) Convenient approval rounds management
3) Effective auto schedule tool
4) Centralized channel management

Cons: 1) Clunky tools for editing content from calendar view
2) Approval tools and edition are separated
2) User managment could use some love

Digital Marketing Specialist
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2018

"Why Your Agency Should Use Gain"

Comments: I manage content for over 20 of my clients. Gain has made publishing content for our agency so easy.

Pros: Gain flawlessly organizes my content for my several clients. I love seeing how my content will look once it's published on any platform. For my internal brands, Gain allows our team to collaborate and easily edit content. I also like how it coordinates with my clients' Facebook pages, so they can see on their Facebook page the posts that are scheduled.

Cons: The only flaw with Gain is that sometimes with external links, the imagery doesn't properly display.

• Reviewed on 26/11/2018
Michael K.
Digital Marketing Associate
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/05/2019

"Love Gain"

Pros: The calendar makes planning a month of content easy and the approval process is seamless.

Cons: None I can think of, some older clients still have trouble understanding the approval process.

• Reviewed on 14/05/2019