• Overall

About Promo.com

Promo.com is the #1 online video creation platform for businesses and agencies. We help our customers promote anything effectively.

Learn more about Promo.com

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Promo.com before?

Sara C.
Marketing Manager in US
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees

Misleading company refund policy

1 12 months ago

Comments: The customer service and company policies were deceptive and designed to trick people into paying for a full month of service even if they end up not liking the product.

Pros:

It was fairly easy to use and navigate the website.

Cons:

The company page is very misleading - be sure to read all of the fine print before subscribing! They will charge your card and if you have downloaded anything your "7 day money back guarantee" becomes invalid. I downloaded 2 videos I had made with my own content and they didn't work well for what I had intended to use them for. When I tried to cancel my plan I was told that the 7 day money back guarantee was actually only for people who purchased a subscription yet never downloaded anything - which defeats the purpose of a money back guarantee in my opinion. I had no way of knowing if the product would meet my expectations until I downloaded the video - so the assurance that I could get my money back if I was unsatisfied is essentially worthless. Nothing excuses this type of dishonest business practice.

10 months ago

Hi Sara Thanks for your feedback and we would be happy to clarify the 7 day refund policy. Since all content is licensed, if a video is downloaded then the account would not be valid for a refund. If there is a purchase and no download then we can refund

Robin H.
Robin H.
Marketing Director in Germany
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Does not keep your data secure and horrible customer service otherwise great.

4 5 months ago

Comments: Horrible

Pros:

video and music selection was good, ability to publish directly

Cons:

They had a data breach, and my information is now possibly open to everyone. I cancelled my account and was still charged under the same email, but somehow Facebook login is a different account. Tried cancelling again and could not. Customer service was not helpful. I had to trigger a suspension on purpose to get my account finally canaceled.

5 months ago

Hi Robin, We would be happy to take a look into the account to ensure it is canceled for you. Please reach out to us at [email protected] Thank You

Damien C.
Insurance, 2-10 Employees

Great Asset for Our Marketing & Branding

5 2 years ago

Comments: From day one I was able to create some great content. When I log in there is usually already a message I want to convey. The template library has more often than not given me ideas on how I want to convey that message. Over the last two years, Promo has helped me create professional content which has reached my target market, helped me to both create brand recognition and accomplish our marketing agendas. The number of compliments I receive on our videos is amazing. It's a great tool which I don't see not using well into the future of our organization.

Pros:

Promo templates provide great baselines for creating content. Just recently all I had to do was brand a template and go. But generally, it is an easy to use software which enabled me to expand our brand and communicate our message in the most cost effective manner possible, while providing a high quality presentation. Which as a start-up company is very important.

Cons:

Honestly, for the price, ease of use and functionality. I don't have any cons. This has been an incredible asset for my company. If I had one issue, I wish we could replace the green screen with images. But outside of that no issues.

Daniel S.
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees

It's All In The Details

5 10 months ago

Comments: They are responsive, full of integrity, cutting edge and the customer service is a straight 10 !

Pros:

Focused on details. They THOGHT "How can we make this the easiest, simplest and best priced video platform ?" and THEN they went and did it...

Cons:

No many... I guess the only real "con" is that most people will use the same hot videos that everyone is using. HOWEVER, with the ability to BRAND, upload your own fonts AND do filters and change the music ...I can not really see how that would affect me.

10 months ago

Thank You Daniel for that great review!

Founder & CEO in Sweden
Animation, 2-10 Employees

The best video maker

5 2 years ago

Comments: Great experiences,
Promo made us pro with no video making experiences.

Pros:

The simplicity to making and editing videos, The calendar which made our life easy to get pre made videos. The customer support very professional and swift service we are receiving every day, The photo bank is one of the best i have ever seen

Cons:

I love everything about it. everything is working as it should be.

Karen R.
Small business owner in US
Media Production, Self Employed

Promo Keeps My Business Humming

5 2 years ago

Comments: I use Promo to create content as Media Consultant for a local company as well as videos for my business, Remembering the Time. Video creation day is one of my favorite times! Thanks for making the creative process so fun.

Pros:

As a freelance writer and content creator I've been relying on Promo's outstanding video creation software for several years. The interface is easy to use and the creative options are limitless. The ability to save my favorites for quick reference has been a tremendous aid to faster workflow. And--if I ever do hit a snag their customer tech support is one of the friendliest around. They've always untangled me and set me back on the path to success. I can't say enough good about this company!

Cons:

It would be helpful to be able to create files to organize favorites for faster reference.

Digital Designer and Social Media Coordinator in UK
Mental Health Care, 501-1,000 Employees

Great for social media!

5 6 months ago

Comments: It really helped us make professional looking videos to share with our audiences. I think it was good value for the money and to help our social media.

Pros:

I used it as both a free user and premium user. I really liked the media libraries and how easy it was to add videos into my project. It was great for making promotional videos for social media for the non-profits I worked for.

Cons:

I wished it was easier to add custom fonts and colors. Also, it took a long time to save and preview the videos.

Hannah H.
Co Founder in UK
Sporting Goods, Self Employed

Slidely Promo Review

5 3 years ago

Comments: PROMOTION AND ENGAGEMENT

Pros:

I love this product. It's got quirky features n and the process is simply. Music library is really good to choose from as are the videos. And uploading your own stuff is easy.

Cons:

There is very little I dislike. I do wonder whether they music library could be added to - even if it was just five tracks a month. If you are genre specific like i am then you can use your first choice options really easily!

Bronhil T.
CEO in Jamaica
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees

Promo.com WOWS me everytime!!!

5 2 years ago

Comments: I find the team at Promo.com to be knowledgeable and dedicated to providing their customers with exactly what they need. I also love that I can speak with them at any time during the day. They also sat and did a virtual walk through of the software with me - AWESOME! Oh and did I mention that their response time is superb?!

Pros:

I love the quality videos and the recent unlimited use of all videos. WOW!

Cons:

Still pictures could be a feature of this software.

Koby W.
Student in Australia
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great videos with perfect editing and lots of features

4 2 years ago

Comments: Promo has been great to produce impressive videos with ease and have great editing and features included in these videos. It makes all videos engaging and clear and is a great choice for any type of video.

Pros:

Promo makes creating videos so easy and also allows for great editing to take the video to the next level. There are tons of great features to further improve the video and engage the audience. People will love to watch and learn from Promo videos and will appreciate the improved editing and quality of the video.

Cons:

Promo has so many features and options that beginners may find it difficult to navigate and understand some of the finer aspects at first, but once they become used to it, they will find it so easy, helpful and rewarding.

Marketing Specialist in US
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees

Fast, simple, convenient

5 3 years ago

Pros:

You can quickly convert your videos into different aspect ratios without having to start from scratch. Saves so much time!

Cons:

The captions are required to be a minimum of 3 seconds long. But when you throw in an intro and outro, it makes it a little more difficult to create instagram stories (15 sec max.) You have to be more selective about your clip/photo choices.

Camila A.
Asistente de ventas in Venezuela

Create your videos for your networks!

5 3 years ago

Pros:

It is an extremely useful software! It allows you to create different videos in a few seconds and it works perfect for the different ads that you want to run. They have a bank of images and videos that can get you out of the mud when you have little creativity.

Cons:

There are several things that I do not like about this software. The first is that its free version is not really free. In order to download or publish the video you need to pay an amount of money, the only thing really free is to play with the application. On the other hand, its price may be a bit high for what the software is. If you look good, you can get other software that works similar to this and is cheaper

Damian Z.
Owner in Germany
Consumer Services, Self Employed

What a Great......!!!

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Great software and very easy to use. I use this from 4 month right now. It’s perfect for my business and for task I have to do. My customers are also very happy :) I’m just proud for this. And even better now, custom service is fast, kind and customer focused. I had two “problems” until now, but finally after help from customer service is was very small problem. I was ( and I hope I can always be :) ) very happy with support team :) Especially our rep is very good at her’s job and she solved my problems immediately :) thank you again! :)

Cons:

I think the pricing could be a little bit better.

Ali F.
Marketing & Advertising

Smooth process

4 4 years ago

Pros:

The variety of video options and the ease of use. It's intuitive to use and makes sense. Downloaded adding the videos from my stored videos is nice.

Cons:

That I will lose the video credits on my account if I stop my subscription. I can't keep up when I don't have the client need for it.

Christa K.
Owner in US

Promo by Slidely is easy to use and I end up with a quality video in just a few minutes! I love it.

5 3 years ago

Pros:

The videos and music help me get my imagination going to produce a really nice promo video. I love how easy it is to use!

Cons:

I would like to see more selections of videos. I would like to see the videos sub-categorized in minutes. For example, let's say I want a video with a horse. Then, I would like to see all the horse videos categorized in 15-sec videos, 30-sec videos, 60-sec videos, etc. That way, I know if I am creating a 30-sec video, I do not have to waste my time looking through videos that are not the right timing that I need. It would be a real time-saver!

Sheilla S.
Digital Media in US
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees

Some content is better than others

3 last year

Comments: Overall, I enjoy using it, but the quality for the price and the price structure is a bit frustrating at times.

Pros:

I like the variety of videos available and the ability to crop them in different formats. It's easy to use and pretty plug and play.

Cons:

The free videos are pretty cheesy. Some templates aren't thought out well and I found a few with typos. It doesn't feel like a true marketing team was behind the content/copy of their templates. Some are better than others, but I wish they put a little more thought behind their copy.

Virginia M.
Owner in US
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees

Charged my account without permission

3 last year

Comments: They refuse to refund my money when I told them I was no longer interested due to the financial loss from the pandemic. Very rude and uncaring staff.

Pros:

The look of the pictures and videos. Bright colors. But very disappointing in the product and advertiisng with it looked cheap to prospective customers.

Cons:

Not much to it. Not enough value for the money

last year

Hi Virginia, Thanks for reaching out and I am happy our team was able to help out during these tough times and refund that payment for you. Feel free to contact our 24/7 customer support at [email protected] if any questions or issues come up. Thank You!

Rondell D.
Barber/instructor in US
Retail, Self Employed

Highly recommended

5 2 years ago

Comments: Promo absolutely solves a big portion of my marketing issues

Pros:

Promo is absolutely amazing! From the product they produce to their customer service! I have created a few top notch marketing pieces that I have received nothing but good feed back for I highly recommend thanks again to the promo team!

Cons:

The limitations of text and transitions

Daniel M.
Optician in Germany
Medical Devices, 11-50 Employees

Outstanding Videos, very easy to handle!

5 2 years ago

Comments: As we were looking for video-promotion for our social-media, promo was recommended via google. It was surprisingly easy to make the first video. What impressed me most was the support via live-chat!

Pros:

Easy step-by-step use, a lot of different videos in very good quality. Even the non-premium videos are nice to use, the interface is almost self-explaining, there is a little guided tour when you use it for the first time.

Cons:

There is nothing I could mention here right now. All depends on the success we'll have with the posted videos. We didn't post one yet, so it would be unfair to give a negative feedback at this point.

Korina R.
Board Member in US
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees

Don't Choose Promo!!!

3 3 years ago

Comments: Extremely disappointed. I spent a lot on the subscription because the videos look professional, but I'm definitely regretting this purchase! Very limited editing options and unresolved technical support for their video software malfunction. Never imagined I couldn't finish a project because the software isn't working... It's going on 4 days and customer service has done nothing (except give me a few video credits that the second time I asked when I told them I was concerned and going to write a review). I have several editing subscriptions. I would not recommend Promo!!! Their software and editing capabilities are over priced and are not guaranteed to work.

Pros:

Decent video selection Chat response time was ok, but no phone available

Cons:

-Unable to save and make changes to video project after an update - 4 days and still no correction or resolution for the issue (Unacceptable) -Very, very limited editing options

Office Administrator/Education Coordinator/Graphic Designer in US
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees

Promo is a video saver

5 2 years ago

Comments: Video is an essential part of marketing but it can be hard and expensive to make videos. Promo solves that by giving you the videos and all you have to do it edit them. Or you can edit your own videos by uploading them. They do all the hard work for you and then you can spend your creative energy on tailoring a video to you.

Pros:

It's so easy to make a professional looking video without any training. It makes your marketing look amazing even if you have no video experience. There are so many many options to choose from including the pre-made templates. I love that you can upload your own videos as well.

Cons:

Pricing is a bit steep for what you get. I wish there was more way to make the text show up. Customer service chat has been down every time I've ever opened it and I don't know if they have a number you can call in on.

Nikita L.
Managing Director in New Zealand
Human Resources, 2-10 Employees

Absolutely love PROMO!

5 2 years ago

Comments: Honestly I've had custom videos created via other services and there is no comparison, PROMO is always the way to go for us now!

Pros:

Extremely easy to create quality promotional content for pretty much any business out there. highly recommended for anyone looking for inexpensive marketing collateral.

Cons:

It does everything you need it to - quickly and efficiently so cannot fault them.

Chris S.
Insurance Broker in Canada
Insurance, Self Employed

Even an Insurance Guy Can Do it

5 2 years ago

Pros:

I am an insurance broker by trade so sales, complicated wordings, antiquated procedures are my forte. However with Promo, I was able to make a great video in about 4 hours of revisions for a great value!

Cons:

I don't mind the price but you get 30 clips, and I think most videos would need at least 2 clips so you are getting less then what you paid for.

Sorcha S.
Designer in US
Design, Self Employed

A great little hack to making awesome videos very quickly

4 last year

Comments: So far its great! I'm able to whip out projects really quickly and the clients are super impressed!

Pros:

The best part is you have all of these stock assets in one place. Less fussing about licenses and cost per asset.

Cons:

The options for customization are limited. If you want to get funky with your details and transitions it might not be for you.

Operations Manager in US

Easier than expected!

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Ease of use and value for the dollar. I can drag and drop text overlays in a variety of ways, there is a vast library of video content to choose from, and really great music.

Cons:

I wish that I could add buttons to track conversion to my website separate from other traffic, and also that I could do voice overlays in addition to text.