15 years helping British businesses

About isolved

isolved People Cloud goes beyond typical HCM to seamlessly connect and manage the entire employee journey from hire to retire.

Learn more about isolved

Pros:

The direct deposit feature is priceless. This has saved us a load of time.

Cons:

Netsuite is a bottomless pit of despair. Getting help shouldn't be so hard.

isolved ratings

3.7

7.2/10

isolved has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars based on 520 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used isolved before?

Madeline
Madeline
Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

Consistent, efficient, and supportive

Comments: My experience over the years has been excellent. Even when concerns come up, they are addressed and resolved professionally and with empathy.

Pros:

The iSolved platform is well integrated and easy to use. Most recently, the tax team has been phenomenal is resolving time sensitive issues. Their follow up has been appreciated.

Cons:

What I personally like least makes iSolved one of the reasons it works well. Dealing with different teams for different areas can be a challenge but it provides specialist to expert level support while the help desk centralizes and divvies up the tasks as needed.

Autumn
HCM Benefit Specialist in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Make your life easier with iSolved Benefits Administration

Comments: After about year in the system, it has been a learning experience. But it has been fun and interesting learning the system capabilities and sharing those with our clients. You can keep it simple, or you can really customize it to your own and have whatever information you choose to loaded into the system. It's really versatile!

Pros:

iSolved offers a user-friendly online platform for your employees to review and elect their benefits. The system allows you to customize your enrollment experience. With it's workflow process, it sends notification to your chosen Client User, reducing the need for HR intervention.

Cons:

Some of the setups can be convoluted, but iSolved does offer responsive customer service to assist with any questions/issues you may come across.

2 months ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review of isolved. We are so happy to hear that the customer support team continues to be a great resource for you and your business. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

Kaitlin
Senior Payroll Processor in US
Human Resources, 51–200 Employees

Just started using

3.0 last month New

Pros:

The notifications for missed punches, pretty easy to navigate.

Cons:

The pay stubs never match what is actually being processed

Denise
Human Resources Manager in US
Banking, 51–200 Employees

Could focus more on customer needs rather than the look of your product. New format is awful!

Comments: Mediocre at best! Initially impressed and now there are too many things that don't flow and are not a time saver, rather a time sucker!

Pros:

Initially seemed easy to use for standard items. Definitely can improve on many levels of their integrated piece-meal system platforms - if only they cared enough to ask and listen!

Cons:

2 years in, they don't care as much, are not customer oriented as they touted. They don't listen to their customers wants, needs, and requests. Our priorities appear to be insignificant. We may be looking for another vendor, especially when it comes to special requests for bank auditors, they don't feel that's important to jump on special reports.

2 months ago

We apologize for your experience with isolved and that we haven’t met your expectations. We strive to provide our customers with the best service possible. I have sent your feedback to our customer support team so we can so we can take the corrective steps to improve our services.

Ashlee
Ashlee
Senior Customer Support Specialist in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

Your Employees Won't Be Disappointed With This Software!

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: If you're looking for payroll software with numerous features, isolved is the perfect solution. It has effectively automated the entire employee management process. Employees can clock in and out, request time off, complete onboarding, read and sign manuals and policies, view payment information, access performance tools, and much more. The employee self-service options are extensive!

Pros:

My favorite features are the ability to review company information and news updates, the employee recognition tools, and the capability to set performance management goals. These have been incredibly helpful in maintaining peak performance and staying updated on changes in company protocols or policies. Additionally, the time-off process is seamless compared to other payroll software I've used.

Cons:

The only real downside is that the sheer number of features can be overwhelming. It wasn't as user-friendly as I had hoped, so there was a slight learning curve with some features. However, it's not significant enough to deter me from recommending it for its robust capabilities.

Suzanne
Office Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Reiveiw 2

Comments: overall experience is good, there are areas that are a bit difficult to figure out, but once done, I can access them and do what I need to do even though the steps are not seamless.

Pros:

Processing payroll was fairly easy to complete and straight forward

Cons:

When it came to correcting allocation entries on time cards, I would have to delete and reenter the time to get it right.

9 months ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review of isolved!

Justine
Chief Operating Officer in US
Food & Beverages, 51–200 Employees

Isolved review

Comments: It has not be easy. Been very challenging to set up to best fit our company.

Pros:

I like most is the customer service the best.

Cons:

It does not have an app & not easy to use

8 months ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review of isolved. We are so happy to hear that the customer support team continues to be a great support system for you and your business. We actually just released an app this year. You can download it in the App Store or Google Play store by typing in "isolved People Cloud." Please feel free to reach out should you have any other issues with navigation or general questions by emailing me, Mackenzie Cotton (Reference & Reputation Manager), at [email protected].

Claire
Implementation Consultant in US
Accounting, 51–200 Employees

iSolved Review

Pros:

I enjoy the customization capabilities of iSolved. It is also super useful that the system in cloud based

Cons:

Many of the features are clunky, under construction and not user friendly.

2 months ago

Thank you for your feedback as we strive to exceed our customer expectations and continuously add new features and functionality to enhance the value our customers get from using isolved. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

Tiffany
Tiffany
Tax Analyst in US
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

iSolved Tax

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Our experience through implementation and converting our clients has been positive. We lost very few clients during the transition and we now have greater functionality and better resources to offer our clients.

Pros:

I handle all taxes for our organization so the tax engine is the most important part for me. iSolved's tax engine has been extremely helpful and a major upgrade from our previous software.

Cons:

There are no major issues but there are a lot of updates released and they sometimes create errors or annoying glitches.

Chryssi
Utilities, 51–200 Employees

Solid HRM Platform

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, isolved has been a great tool for our company of about 150 employees. We utilize the system for everything from payroll and timekeeping to onboarding and benefits enrollment. There are other tools available that isolved offers, but the pricing is a little steep, so we haven't been able to adopt more of the features at this time.

Pros:

Mostly everything I need to run my HR department (of one) is all in one easily accessible place. Isolved is fairly easy to navigate once you really learn the platform, and it does almost everything we need it to do in one capacity or another.

Cons:

The constant updates, response time from customer service oftentimes on pressing issues, and the regularity of mobile app issues.

Tracy
Farming, 51–200 Employees

From an isolved supporter :)

Comments: Excellent, nothing buy excellence :)

Pros:

At my previous employer I helped make the selection and implement isolved and it was so nice to work with the isolved implementation and customer service team. We had isolved timeclock, payroll, benefits elections, onboarding and ACA at my previous. When I started my new position the company was only using isolved for payroll processing and that was it. In the first year we changed to isolved time, added onboarding, benefits elections and ACA in twelve months time. Just recently we added the 360 integration for our 401K plan as well. Each step felt like someone was inhouse assisting me through each part of the implementation. I didn't have a worry since this was my second time doing this and I knew what to expect and boy did they deliver.

Cons:

Nothing to report at this time. With isolved philosophy of constantly improving their program there is little time to worry about anything that may not be functioning to my standards. It's like they are reading my mind :)

Lisa
Accounting and HR Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

iSolved Cares!

Comments: I love iSolved and my customer service team. I am the only HR and payroll person for 130 employees and I could not survive without them!

Pros:

iSolved customer service is excellent and attentive. They are alwasy moving forward to stay ahead of trends and needs. They listen to their customers and they respond in a timely manner. The software is easy to use even across multiple EINS.

Cons:

If I have to come up with something, I'd say, I'd like to see them to enhance the storage and organization capabilities of the library in Share and Perform more like a true intranet,.

RAEGAN
ACCOUNTANT in US
Utilities, 11–50 Employees

Payroll Services Great

Comments: I am pleased with isolved overall. I utilize a small portion of what it has to offer. I believe that in the coming years if implementation were easier that I would utilize more. It seems that when I attempt to add any new service I have to re-explain what my procedures are to every new person that I am assigned. There needs to be more effective ways of implementation that are time saving instead of dragging out the process. However I do believe that isolved was a great investment as a platform for payroll.

Pros:

Payroll Services are great and customizable.

Cons:

PTO Tracking is sub par. The calculations do not compute correctly and at random times. Not user friendly. Can't add multiple days off for the same PTO type in one entry and have to make singular entries for each day. That is time consuming for someone that has a mass amount of PTO entries.

Tammy
HR Generalist in US
Farming, 501–1,000 Employees

Never looked back

Comments: We couldn't be happier. If we have a want or need, iSolved can usually deliver!

Pros:

iSolved is easy to use and understand. Customer Service is amazing

Cons:

We would like to customize more of the fields

Holly
CFO in US
Wholesale, 51–200 Employees

HORRIBLE customer service

Comments: Zero benefits. See Con's abov.

Pros:

Honestly, there is nothing that sets this software out.

Cons:

The customer service is horrific. The tenure must be extremely low because I generally know more than the person I speak to. I've been lied to (my supervisor has stepped out so you can't speak to them now) on two occasions. I've emailed my concerns (there is no phone number to speak to your 'rep', you have to call into the main customer service) and had no response. When I finally do get a response, they apologize that that rep is no longer with the company and my concerns remain unresolved. I would like to warn every company out there that iSolved has changed and is no longer client-friendly.

Michelle
Payroll & HR in US
Retail, 201–500 Employees

iSolved is a good product, easy to use and they have great customer service.

Comments: Good experience

Pros:

I like the customer service because they will take all the steps needed to help you.

Cons:

Some features are not yet in place, but they do take feedback and I do see things being implemented.

Michelle
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Great Product for the Money!

Comments: We are utilizing the complete iSolved HRIS modules with the exception of MOJO. Payroll, Benefits, Time, iHire, LMS, COBRA, 401K file feed.

Pros:

I like that it is user friendly, and that iSolved continues to upgrade their features because they are listening to their customers requests. Administratively, I have found this system to be much easier to use than previous HRIS systems. The implementation team was great!

Cons:

That salaried employees cannot use the absence function because it is tied to payroll. For our company, our salaried employees need to be able to change approved time off after payroll has been run, which unfortunately locks down that time frame, so we are forced to use our old HRIS system to track salaried emloyee PTO. Also, there is no one single place that has transparency for employees to see all of their time off accruals and transactions. Also, does not do payroll in Canada.

Kimber
Office Manager in US
Accounting, 51–200 Employees

Best online Payroll Software I have used

Comments: Overall I love using this software and I have been doing payroll for many years and used many different softwares. This is still my favorite.

Pros:

I love that I can see all my changes in real time. I can view everything that will process before it processes. This allows me to catch any errors ahead of sending the file.

Cons:

The customer service is not the best. They have gotten too big is my opinion and there have been some mess ups on their side which have been unprofessional. They do always fix the problems, but I don't think they should have happened in the first place.

Education Management, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Decent Software, But Can Use a Little Work

Comments: Overall, isolved does what you expect it to do, but there are occasional roadblocks which need to be overcome in order to have everything done completely. I would recommend it, but would also let people know about the occasional pitfalls that may come with it.

Pros:

What I like most about this software is the fact that it allows users to input their data from a variety of sources, whether it be on the worksite itself, while on the go via the mobile app, or even at home, whether it be via a laptop, desktop or, again, the smartphone app. There are a couple of pitfalls associated with this benefit, which will be discussed in the "cons" section. Something else I do happen to like about isolved is the fact that it does not slow down whatever device you are using it on, compared to some other competing software, (this is probably due to the fact that it does not use significant amounts of RAM while a user is engaged with it). Lastly, something else I like about this software is the fact that it includes a private communications portal, such that users can communicate with their HR managers, without having to share what email, phone number, etc., the message is being sent from. Those who value privacy would probably find this feature quite appealing, (I know I do, for sure).

Cons:

While there are definitely some positives to report about this software, as shown in the previous "pros" box, there are a couple of "cons" to report, as well. The largest one that comes to mind is associated with the isolved mobile app. Specifically, the app does tend to crash out of nowhere at times, causing whatever data that was being inputted into it to be deleted, thus resulting in it needing to be re-inputted. A potential fix to this would be for the inputted data to be saved in real time, or work on a fix that would prevent these crashes from occurring in the first place. A second "con" I have to report relates to the fact that the overall layout of the platform can get a little confusing at times, since sometimes it seems that the user needs to click on numerous different tabs in order to get to the page they are looking for. I had not experienced this type of complexity in the past with competing softwares, so eliminating that hassle would make the experience much more enjoyable. Lastly, getting a hold of customer service can take a while, as their hold times can get a little long. Fortunately, I have not had the need to contact them very often, but when I did, I found myself waiting for more than I expected to wait.

LaWanda
Sr. Director of People Operations in US
Insurance, 51–200 Employees

isolved is a good tool for us.

Comments: Overall, it has been good.

Pros:

Ease of Use. Great Applicant Tracking System. Great customer support. Very simple payroll process

Cons:

Reporting feature. Benefits management tool. Workflow

Lindsey
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT in US
Utilities, 11–50 Employees

isolved time clock system

Comments: i thought it was way better than our old manual time card days to switch to isolved and be more tech savvy in our ways. just the website itself would lag a lot of if a lot of users were trying to clock in at same time it seemed, if we had problems/issues took a while to get a hold of someone to help and very time consuming so we ended it and went with a more local place to help and switched to buddy punch.

Pros:

i liked like you can punch in and out from computer , submit time off requests to your supervisor from your computer, and view time off requests and hours left etc. it was nice to have all info about your hours, vacation, etc at your fingertips instead of going to ask hr or supervisor..

Cons:

customer service was terrible. hard to get a hold of anyone and when we did was not very helpful and very time consuming.

8 months ago

We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed the isolved time clock system. We do strive to provide our customers with the best service possible. To make sure we continuously improve, I sent your feedback to our customer support team so we can so we can take the corrective steps.

Lisa
Human Resources Manager in US
Law Practice, 51–200 Employees

Overall Satisfied with iSolve

Comments: Overall satisfied because customer support is amazing at helping you make the system work better for you.

Pros:

iSolve supports our employees - specifically hourly staff - with managing their time pay and benefits

Cons:

not user friendly - when you want to change how something is set up - there is no simple way to do it. For example adding or taking away a column in summary view. You have to go someplace else and if it wasn't set up in the first place for you to see that, you now have to email iSolved to have it added. I feel you should be able to add or subtract any columns that you actually see on employee management general screen.

12 months ago

Hello Lisa! Thank you for taking the time to leave this review of isolved. We are so happy to hear that the customer support team continues to be a great resource & support system for you and your business. As far as the feedback from you regarding the platform not being user-friendly, I have sent this feedback to our customer support team so we can so we can take the corrective steps to improve.

Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

iSolved Review

Pros:

Having everything in one place. The ability for employees to clock in at their desk

Cons:

Customer service was not good. Getting answers to problems took days.

4 months ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of isolved! We apologize for your experience with our customer service and that we haven’t met your expectations. We strive to provide our customers with the best service possible. I have sent your feedback to our customer support team so we can so we can take the corrective steps to improve our services.

Patrick
Owner in US
Restaurants, 11–50 Employees

Not for small business

Comments: They Lock you in a contract beware. If you need HR this is for you. As a start up this was way to expensive and was sold on all it could do. They spend tons of time setting you up so prepare on lots of onboarding. My major gripe is setting me up without a California tax ID. I sent my Fed ID thinking that was it not being a payroll -professional. They open my account did my payroll and accrued my taxes. Months later refunded my state tax saying there was a problem. After back and forth it was the tax ID and I was hit for 5k plus in penalty’s by the state. Their contract covers them so suck it up. After many emails and months I did get 1700. I had HR and didn’t need it as well didn’t find a benefit at all. I was charged a cancellation fee over 1K and forced to renew contract to extend it. If your a small business don’t make the mistake of this company.

Pros:

None better payroll and more small business friendly

Cons:

Expensive not your best choice as a start up or restaurant

last year

We apologize for what looks like miscommunication with you. Our tax manager would like to speak with you to discuss your items and your experience. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] so we can connect you with them!

Stephanie
Director of Human Resources in US
Museums & Institutions, 51–200 Employees

Intuitive and Great Customer Service!

Comments: I am very happy with the customer service; I feel that the system is intuitive, and they are sending out updates all of the time. We use the system for the full employee life cycle.

Pros:

I find that isolved is easy to navigate and the features offered are progressive. My rep is extremely responsive, knowledgeable and friendly.

Cons:

My only con, is that we started with a "small company" using the isolved platform. They were sold and we did not have a specific rep for some time. We had wanted the personalized support, however, there was some adjustment but at this point even with a large company I do feel I have that small feeling support again with our rep.