Filter by:

• Overall

About Retail Pro

Retail Pro is complete retail management solution for POS, inventory, customer and store ops management across channels and devices.

Learn more about Retail Pro

Ann P.
Used the Software for: Not provided

Big Hairy Dog is Top Dog in Glamour House's Book!

Pros:

Hands down, what I like best is that our service is through BHD. I purchased Retail Pro in 2003 and have had bumps along the way (e.g.-hard drive crashes, lost data/backup issues, questions on operation, etc.). Customer support has always gone over and above the call of duty to solve my problems in a friendly, efficient, and cost-effective manner. Also, it is comforting that their support staff have longevity in the company. I also like the intuitive features of use and easy integration with Quickbooks.

Cons:

I am concerned that at some point they will no longer support Version 8, and Version 8 works just fine for us. We don't want to be forced to buy more than we need.

Natee M.
Business Owner in Thailand
Retail, 11-50 Employees

Don’t buy. My on hand inventory is wrong. It’s a bad decision that I bought this product.

1 last year

Comments: It sucks. Don’t buy. We have been trying to use it for over a year but now we have to start everything over because the inventory is not correct. We have to do manual adjustments a few times. Our products are high value watches with serial numbers and we have only less than 10 transactions per day!!
We can’t imagine how this software can handle larger businesses with hundreds or thousands of transactions per day. Either the local solution provider (Adasoft) didn’t implement it correctly or the software really sucks!

Pros:

Ease of use interface. Multiple stores capability.

Cons:

- It could not even calculate inventory correctly. - Regional Support is extremely slow and local solution provider could not help much. - We have been trying to use it for over a year, it has always been miscalculating the on-hand inventory and the actual inventory in the reports. - Upload tool is very difficult and confusing to use and can cause duplicate records and mess up the product database. - Slow. - We have been using it over a year just to find out that either the product or the implementation is sub standard.

Suzanne Z.
owner in
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees

RIS review

3 5 years ago

Comments: Server based is outdated.

Pros:

Robust, and reliable we have used it for more than 30 years. It has served our store well over the last 30 years. Reporting is good.

Cons:

Clunky and outdated. To improve our online presence we need to link to Linked Retail which is $ a month

Rachel B.
Apparel & Fashion

Grand Canyon University Arena Team Shop

Pros:

I like the ease of use and the availability of the Retail Pro and One Step Staff. One Step Retail Solutions has shown me and the GCU Team Shop that they are committed to providing us with the highest level of customer satisfaction possible. They have worked with the GCU Team Shop on our mobile store and provided continual support as our store has evolved.

Cons:

The system is easy to use, but I know there is so much more to our point of sale system. I wish there were classes or webinars offered for free to explain how to use more of the features.

Nancy P.
Sporting Goods

We love Retail Pro

5 8 years ago

Pros:

Retail Pro is easy to use at Point of Sale and in the back office. New employees learn the system quickly because it's very user-friendly. The customer service and tech support is outstanding.

Cons:

The only thing we wished our version of Retail Pro had would be better statistical analysis. It is available on the new version, but we would have to do a complete switch over.

Spencer Y.

Great Point Of Sale Software

Pros:

They OneStep team is thorough with a capital T. The product is extremely robust, putting all the important metrics a click away.

Cons:

The biggest downside to V9 vs V8 is the speed. V9 is significantly slower. One other big downside to the RPro software is it limits your third-party options. We are stuck using only one CC processor, which ties our hands and limits our ability to get the best possible deal/rates.

Brian M.

Happy Retail Pro Customer and One Step Retail Solutions Client

5 7 years ago

Pros:

The biggest change was having tighter control on inventory, needing less inventory, and generating more sales on a smaller inventory value. That’s pure profit! As our store really began to take flight, we built a great partnership with One Step Retail Solutions and have been going strong with them since 1994.

Cons:

There isn't much I don't like about the product. It is very user-friendly.

Quentin L.
Used the Software for: Not provided

Test for Growth Strats and the perception behind it.

4 7 years ago

Pros:

I like the core set of products and customer service. I'm easily able to integrate it into our system.

Cons:

The price isn't great. It wasn't that easy to learn for most of the team. The system crashes at unexpected times.

Eric B.
Sporting Goods

JDA and RPro

4 7 years ago

Pros:

JDA not only provides the support we need but is also forward looking, allowing us to plan for the future. Retail Pro consistently gets the job done for us.

Cons:

I'd like to see some improvements in store-to-store data transfer. Real time information at the central hub is a must.

Michael D.

Retail Pro Review

5 7 years ago

Pros:

I've been using Retail Pro for over 15 years and would not be able to run my business without it.

Cons:

I would like the reporting to be a little more robust.

Robert S.
Retail Pro Administrator in US
Retail, 201-500 Employees

Retail Pro 9

5 4 years ago

Comments: I have been a Retail Pro Admin now for years. I know that if I ever have an issue pop up, I can call my RPro business partner at any time of the day, even 2 am, which I have done. I get the same high quality and knowledgeable support I need at the time.

Pros:

It’s ability to provide a one-stop shop. It has everything a business needs to succeed as software goes. Along with it knowledgeable business partners is an excellent choice to support your retail business

Cons:

New more knowledge based support. When I access my portal, the limited amount of user information is disappointing

Chris M.

J.D Associates and Retail Pro

5 7 years ago

Pros:

We have been using the software Retail Pro for about two months now at our single location, which is a Swimming Pool retail store. Since the day we first launched the software, we have had such an easy time conducting business with our vast customer base. Ringing in sales have never been easier, and we can now, for once, really track our sales by department and so much more. The software was very easy to learn and J.D. Associates was a big part of that! Their training process was not only well-performed, but our teacher made it fun as well! I'd recommend RetailPro and J.D. Associates to any entrepreneur or business manager!

Cons:

I can't think of anything at all. There is nothing to date we dislike, and I can't see us ever changing our views.

Amogh R.
Business Analyst in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Strong Customization but can still be improved

4 3 years ago

Pros:

* Very strong customization options. * Its EMV compatible which is a big plus * Its got strong Employee and customer management modules * Strong reporting capabilities

Cons:

* Not having ability to “edit” the preloaded report formats to suit our needs. * There are few glitches here and there especially with a preloaded cards but customer service is usually quick to respond

Skyler C.
Co-Owner in US
Retail, 2-10 Employees

Retail pro is decent

4 3 years ago

Pros:

Retail pro is a decent software for a consignment store. It is fairly simple to you and has a smooth layout.

Cons:

My cons with the product is that there is more products out there like it with newer layouts and easier to use.

Reid J.
Used the Software for: Not provided

Retail Pro and Big Hairy Dog are best in class!

Pros:

Retail Pro is well developed, from an end-user standpoint. We don't experience system problems, and they continue to update and enhance routinely. Big Hairy Dog's support is fast, friendly, and - most importantly - knowledgeable!

Cons:

We have been exceptionally happy with both for 11 years!

Samantha S.
Apparel & Fashion
Used the Software for: Not provided

Best point of sale system

5 8 years ago

Pros:

Retail Pro is an amazing system. The reports are so easy to understand and use. I get all the information I am looking for with simple reports. The service is above and beyond amazing; the techs are always there to help and answer any questions. They are really a great great company.

Cons:

The only negative I have is that in the entry process, you must go to a different screen to add a picture to a matrix.

Mary L.
Museums & Institutions
Used the Software for: Not provided

Satisfied customer from the first!

5 8 years ago

Pros:

Their training is expert; their customer service is the best. This is why I go back over and over again to a vendor. If they treat me right, I will be their lifelong customer. They are the best when it comes to customer service. They stand behind everything that they preach!

Cons:

I cannot think of anything that I do not like. They have always been attentive to my needs. I have had no problems ordering supplies, or getting tech support. They have my back!

Marc B.
Used the Software for: Not provided

Comments: We own a retail clothing store in northern British Columbia, Canada and have been using Retail Pro for 5 years now. We have always been very satisfied with its ease of use, intuitiveness and overall user friendliness. Their techs have been responsive, available for consult every time I've had to call. They've always fixed or helped develop reports tailored to our needs. I tested many many different POS software programs before finally deciding on Retail Pro from our Canadian Vendor; Canadian Retail Solutions. Implementation was as painless as using a brand new software could ever be! I would recommend Retail Pro to any retailer, big or small.

Steve C.
3 9 years ago

Comments: We have been using Retail Pro for over 12 years when it was a DOS system. We have 9 retail tobacco stores and I purchased the system for it's multi-store functionality. It is great when it comes to receiving product and distributing out to the stores. I can see what each store needs, and distribute to all stores in one screen. However, for five years I've been trying to get it integrated with my accounting package, QuickBooks, and it doesn't work. They will tell you is does, but it doesn't. The poll display is a waste of money. We paid thousands of dollars for their yearly registration fee and got nothing for it. Then we were told we needed to go from version 5 to 8 if we wanted support. They made no effort to tell us about bugs or upgrades to the system each year and they are still like that. I can't tell if it's the reseller/support company, Data business systems or if it is Retail Pro. I have called Retail Pro directly to try to get issues resolved and they never got back to me. Gift certificates are very difficult to do, you need to remember to put in a negative when you sell and positive to redeem. I don't understand how over 30,000 companies can use this program. It's good but not great!

Jonathan w. W.
5 8 years ago

Comments: We are a retailer that has been utilizing Retail Pro for over 15 years. We utilize Retail Pro in every facet of our business: from Online to our Retail Store.
Reporting, Inventory Management, Point of Sale and integration into our A/P & A/R are all essential functions, and Retail Pro makes them efficient for our business
The reporting, details, and back-end support are extremely important when we are running a business 24/7.

Carol E.
CEO in
Retail, 2-10 Employees

Learning something new

4 5 years ago

Comments: It's easy to use, support was great and I felt comfortable

Vahid M.

Excellent in quality

5 7 years ago

Pros:

They offer excellent service and a quality product.

Cons:

There is nothing that I do not like about about the product and vendor.

Jose miguel S.
Jose miguel S.
Software Development Team Manager in El Salvador

Full Stack Retial Software

4 2 years ago

Comments: I install Retail Pro for several Clients in America, with different requirements and Retail Verticals, but one common requirement is allow software to connect with thier ERP, and with the Retail Pro strong API, you can accomplish this. So, my experience has been mostly very positive.

Pros:

I've been using Retail Pro since version 8 and now We are on Prism, which is a huge update and change of mind for Retail Pro user... but for the good. Retail Pro Prism its a store distributed web application now, with this I mean that you can have one Retail Pro server per store, in a multi store chain kind of business. As a web application, it uses AngularJS as a front end, allowing a incredible flexibility to customize the User Interface, so you can create your own look and feel for the system, not only for the Cashier view, but for all the modules. About that, you have: - Inventory - Vendors and Purchases - Transfers - Customers - POS - Physical Inventory - Inventory Adjustments - Customer Loyalty So, you see... It is the full package. One more thing: their global support with their partners around the globe will give your peace of mind for your multi store chain in almost any country, to name a few (Full North/Central/South America, Full EU, Some EMEA, Full ASIA, some Africa).

Cons:

Cost, period... But you are paying a Porsche for a Porsche, you know what I mean. This is a serious Retail software, for serious Retail business. You can use it in small business as well, as its perfectly scalable. So, If you foresee a bright future in your Retail Business, you can bet on Retail Pro.

Steve S.
owner in US
Retail, 11-50 Employees

Retail Pro 9.4 is a very unfortunate product.

2 4 years ago

Comments: V9.4 is very very slow and without features or benefits to offset the moving from V8 to V9.4. If you love lack of features and watching a spinning wheel you will love Rpro 9.4

Pros:

ECM polling replace the 32 bit polling in Rpro 8.6. In theory this allows close to real time updates to your main. unfortunately, seeing it failing for various reasons with no logs or error message to help navigate.Therefore, Never know if it works or not. The Retail Pro dealer has been helpful in trying to fix the numerous issues with Rpro.

Cons:

Unbelievably slow. We have had replaced all hardware with SSD, tons of ram and fast processors. Views, filters, moving from Sales to Customer management system pauses each step of the way. Even direct connect to server does little to speed up process. Missing most basics elements. Can not view inventory by sold as this element is missing from filter. Likewise, Cannot view on order in inventory as this most basic feature is also missing from filters. We currently 95,000 active SKU very hard to manage as system is so slow. My Rpro dealer blames it on the Oracle data base. Reporting in 9.4( why we have the system) is basically missing. We have to export all of the 9.4 data into our old 8.6 in order to run even the most basic reports. Therefore we are essentially running two systems. 9.4 heavy data base requires more management and is expensive and time consuming. If an emergency reinstall is needed it might take a while. Rpro 9.4 only allows one EFT interface. End user is stuck in a noncompetitive relationship with POS EFT which has it owns struggles. Have been with Retail Pro Since 1998. Been on V8 since 2004. V8 while not the most advanced product in the market place was a stable

Sharon F.
Owner in US

Retail Pro 9

3 4 years ago

Comments: We pay for the software assurance and don't seem to get any benefit from the program. We haven't had our system updated anytime recently, since we have so many features that are custom we always run into issues right after updates and it requires us to have down time and constantly figure out what caused the issues. We also seem to have a problem with the follow through on projects from Granite/Retail pro. Once we contact granite with an issue it seem like it's either pushed to the side or forgotten about. When Granite is reminded of the issue multiple times through emails and phone calls they will fix the issue, it seems like we are constantly reminding them about any issue we are dealing with. We are currently trying to update our system so we are compliant with the tls from Cayan. The process started well over a month ago and the updates still haven't been installed. Yesterday we were affected by the brownout from Cayan for over 45min and lost multiple sales because of the software not being updated even though we are trying to be proactive on our end.

Pros:

Customization of inventory screens, printing inventory, jewelry tags customization of checkout screen. Granite Info Sys has done great work for us in the past and continue to always follow through when reminded of issues. A lot of the custom pieces of our system make our store more successful because of the features & functions Granite created.

Cons:

When using central gift cards, scanning cards always creates a "?" after the last number. Retail pro has done nothing to fix this issue, we have had the system for almost 4 years now and still deal with this issue daily. Granite Info Sys informed retail pro about this issue days after implementing our new system and still the bug remains. Applying updates to the software isn't easy and requires us to pay our software provider each time an update is available. Reports function, reordering capability, inventory alerts, speed of processing gift cards all lacks. Lack of customization for loyalty programs, we had a lot of custom work done by our service provider, anytime we have an issue it costs money to figure out what's wrong because it's something that wasn't available in retail pro. Lots of bugs still in the software that haven't been addressed.