Filter by:

Foster S.
Digital marketer in Ghana

Honest Crazy Egg Review

5 3 months ago

Comments: Crazzy Egg is a solid usability testing tool that can be prioritized by any brand. It tracks how far clients scroll down your page before they convert or exit. It's the best. Know wonder, it was design by [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Pros:

The most ideal eye tracking and heatmap tool design by top industry experts that tracks clients interest so that you can boost conversion overtime. It has fancy performance metrics, data visualization and visual analytics.

Cons:

Ahh, I honestly can't figure out any problems with Crazy Egg. All the features work as expected

3 months ago

Thank you for your kind review! We are constantly releasing new features within Crazy Egg to complement the Heatmap reports. Be sure to check out our view recordings, Errors reporting, A/B testing, and interactive mode!

Owner in US

Premium Heatmapping and A/B Testing

4 2 years ago

Pros:

Excellent heatmapping and A/B testing. When benchmarked against Hotjar & Optimizely, Crazy Egg won out.

Cons:

Hotjar offers a free plan with nearly all the features of the Crazy Egg basic plan for nearly $300/year. Also, it would be nice if Crazy Egg billed monthly, vs annually - as all our revenue and client billings come in month-to-month. We would even pay 10% more for monthly billing, vs annual pre-pay.

2 years ago

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Really great to hear that our heatmapping and A/B Testing is able to help out! As for billing, we're flexible and happy to see what we can do to accommodate your needs. Feel free to shoot our customer support team an email. Thank you!

Dan G.
Co-Owner in US
Construction, 2-10 Employees

Next level customer care

5 8 months ago

Comments: The customer service is NEXT LEVEL. I was having difficulty installing Crazy Egg on my Wix site and in less than an hour after submitting my ticket, I was given the opportunity to do a Zoom video conference to have the problem fixed. There are also a TON of resources on the Crazy Egg website to help you understand the software, what to look for, and best practices from other users and businesses to help you along.

Pros:

I have had experience using Crazy Egg with multiple companies, including my own. It is such a valuable and vital tool when you rely on web based customer quotes, service and lead generation. The ability to see how your customers are viewing and maneuvering your website is a game changer.

Cons:

The installation, while not super complicated, can give some independent users with less computer skills a little bit of a challenge. Crazy Egg will also not give you answers, only information, so don't expect this to tell you what to change.

8 months ago

Hi Dan, thanks for taking the time to write the review. We try to make the installation as simple as possible (single javascript) but also our support team would be delighted to help out if anyone needs help around this. Moreover, we also offer professional services from our Crazy Egg experts around interpreting the data and insights from Crazy Egg.

Talmage E.
Talmage E.
Digital Marketing Specialist in US
11-50 Employees

Hands down the simplest tool for Conversion Rate Optimization

5 4 years ago

Comments: It helped me improve my conversion rates.

Pros:

Crazy egg is easy to install and very intuative to navigate and explore. I like it's simplicity. Its not one of these end all CRO or SEO tools, it focuses on user experience on a basic level. With that said, it's very valuable. I love the confetti view where I can see where my visitors are clicking and where I might be losing them. Their customer service is also top notch.

Cons:

The heat map and confetti map seem very similar to me. I'm not sure if they are just different ways of displaying the same data or if they offer something unquie.

Austin B.
Manager of Operations in US
Automotive, 201-500 Employees

Great Tool with a Team looking to implement features you want.

4 last year

Comments: Highly recommend, you're probably looking at some other software and I've tried them. Talk to the team, get yourself a demo.

Pros:

Generally speaking, being able to manage team members, break down heat mapping and other types of tools are a breeze and rather "flashy" to our customers.

Cons:

Account-wide settings and another administrative role are the only things I want to see moving forward. I should be able to set limits for all current and future snapshots in terms of lifetime and number of visits for each snapshot. Another role that allows employees to control multiple snapshots but not be admins would be useful here.

CEO & Owner in Canada

Best heatmapping tool out there

5 3 years ago

Comments: We did find it to be the best overall, with easy setup in tag manager and no extremely excessive adverse effects on page or site speed. Great for when you need insights and A/B tests.

Pros:

It is extremely effective in getting an understanding of what's working and what's not on individual pages of your website. While Google analytics might be great for a top level view of what content is working and what's not, Crazy Egg is best for getting more granular and seeing what individual elements of page draw attention and which don't.

Cons:

It would be better if there were more ways to view attention and heat maps visually. If you could integrate mouse movements to the basic heat map that would be better. Annual pricing only is also a sticking point.

3 years ago

Thanks for your feedback. We just launched a tool to help link attention to engagement and I'd love to talk to you more about what you're looking for and how we can help. I've shared my email address with you and please don't hesitate to reach out. Thanks again for taking the time to share feedback here.

Content & Digital Marketing Manager in US
Restaurants, 51-200 Employees

Affordable User Behavior/User Insights Tool; Easy to Use

4 3 years ago

Pros:

* The insights that Crazy Egg can give marketers, designers, and developers is worth the (reasonable) price. * Easy set up; Google Tag Manager installation is easy. * At times, it can be difficult to provide less technical team members or management with insights through raw data, but the visual component that Crazy Egg can provide makes life a lot easier. * Affordable * Your designers and developers are creating mock ups for future redesigns based on actual user data.

Cons:

* Having to delete snapshots because I've hit my max and export/save all the corresponding user data gets tedious; this adds up quick especially if you want to analyze both the mobile view and desktop view of your pages.

Joshua H.
VP Marketing in US

Great to be able to see what users are interested in

4 4 years ago

Pros:

Crazy Egg is easy to install and makes it possible to find out what your website visitors are interested in. You can then redesign your page to help them find what they want easier.

Cons:

The methodology is a little hard to understand. Are people looking/hovering in a particular area because they like it -- or because it's more prominent. You have to be careful what you do with the data.

Trauma and Extremities Associate Sales Representative in US
Computer & Network Security, 51-200 Employees

Crazy Egg is a very cool tool

5 2 years ago

Comments: Very cool to use for ANYTHING you want to know about your site, landing pages, launches, buttons, everything.

Pros:

I love getting rid of the guesswork for our website. No opinions – straight data, awesome to investigate after the launch of a new product or website updates – awesome A/B testing.

Cons:

I haven’t used Crazy Egg for that long and haven’t run into any issues yet. DOn't have much else to say on the matter

Elaine S.
Elaine S.
Web Developer and User Interface Specialist in US
Higher Education, 501-1,000 Employees

A helpful tool but becoming buggy

4 3 years ago

Comments: We've learned a lot about how our visitors interact with different pages on our website - they tend to click on every image even if it doesn't appear to link to anything, so we've learned to link more images than we used to. Mobile visitors tend to scroll a ton and just stop a few key places to skim, so we've learned to push that most important content higher up on the page so they don't have to scroll and skim so much.

Pros:

CrazyEgg provides all kinds of helpful insights about the particular pages you decide to track. You can see how far users are scrolling down your page - which gets really interesting on mobile, because you can see how they scroll right past certain sections and focus on others, which can help you improve page layout. You can also see where people are clicking - including "non-clickable" elements, like images, so you then know you should link not just text but also an image. There's also a spreadsheet of everywhere people have clicked, so you can view the data however it's most comfortable to you. You can track both publicly accessible pages and password-protected ones; you just have to install a browser extension to capture initial screenshots of protected pages.

Cons:

Over the past year I've noticed bugs creeping in. I set up snapshots and they just remain in "pending" status. It's happened so many time I now have to create a calendar reminder to check back in 6-8 hours and make sure my snapshots have all started. Customer support has not been able to determine why this happens or provide any resolution. The other downside is you only get data on the specific pages you track, and they've now added the ability to split out mobile vs. tablet vs. desktop, so if you want to see how visitors on different devices act differently, that will eat up 3 snapshots for every URL. Nice data to have, it's just very limited, so you have to plan out which pages you're going to track and rotate to really make headway on your site.

John R.
John R.
IT Manager in UK
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

Simple heat tracking made site usage easy to analyse

4 4 years ago

Comments: It was easy to work with non-technical colleagues to understand site engagement and work on practical redesigns. With services like Google Analytics, you're looking at very dry (though useful) data. To discuss websites on a marketing and engagement level, and to assess "your message", it's great to collect real data overtime and instantly share with your colleagues.

Pros:

There are a variety of heatmaps that you can you to easily demonstrate website engagement and take away a quick overview of information.

Cons:

It's difficult to pin down some dynamic content on pages. Sliders and hidden objects DO appear in the detailed heatmaps and tables of links, but it takes some work to understand what is being clicked on depending on the complexity of the website.

Director of Operations in US
11-50 Employees

A great conversion optimization tool!

5 4 years ago

Pros:

If you haven't used a tool like Crazy Egg in the past, you're about to be blown away. The data that you can get from this tool is crazy helpful and a little scary! You can use the heatmap data to adjust content, landing pages, conversion funnels, and so much more.

Cons:

Price. It is more expensive than competing software tools (like Hotjar). I recommend that you compare the features and price before selecting one.

3 years ago

Hi Chris, Thanks for your feedback. I appreciated all the details and thank you for your feedback on pricing. We pride ourselves on being the first and the most accessible and approachable -- but also, the most cost effective. I'd love to understand why you believe Crazy Egg is more expensive than our competitors (there are some differences on how folks in our peer group sample and communicate what they're actually capturing and tracking for you). If you're interested in discussing, we'd love to learn more (no pressure outside of learning your POV). I've shared my contact information with you if you're up for it. Thanks again!

Web Developer in UK

Great product, has all though it has a lot more potential

4 3 years ago

Comments: My overall experience with Crazy Egg has been great, they have definitely hit the nail on the head for heat mapping however there is a lot of room for improvement in other areas. I have been using Crazy Egg for almost 3 years and haven't seen a huge amount of improvement. Looking forward to seeing any future changes.

Pros:

Simple heat mapping Has the ability to export heat maps Has a feature to add additional users to the project Tracking code doesn't noticeably impact load time Easy to use

Cons:

It could be a bit cleaner on the system especially in the heat map pages A WordPress plugin would be nice Live tracking ( ability to track how long they were on the page for before clicking or exiting )

Micah C.
Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Heat Mapping for Smaller Sites

4 2 years ago

Pros:

Compared to some of the options for heat mapping, Crazy Egg is considerably more affordable. They do a good job of displaying the data captured as the heat map is running and making it easy to understand.

Cons:

It seems to be designed for sites with less then 100k visits/mo, so if you have a bigger site or traffic you may want to consider another option.

2 years ago

Hi Micah, Thanks for taking the time to write this review. With over 300,000 websites currently leveraging Crazy Egg, we work with clients of all sizes across all verticals. Our solution is built to scale and is a great fit for high traffic websites.

Digital Marketing Specialist in Indonesia

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] Won't Let You Down

5 2 years ago

Comments: Very pleased and satisfied with data that Crazy Egg provides to give us a better understanding about our audience.

Pros:

Been knowing Crazy Egg for years and I honestly think that this is a great tool to help you understand your customers through their behaviour when visiting your website. Not only provide you data in numbers, Crazy Egg also provide you with heatmap shows which part of your page mostly engaged with people.

Cons:

I know it doesn't make sense, but come on, if only we can use it for free without have to joining the trial. Just like what Google did.

Damien G.
Managing Director in Australia
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees

Great product that helps conversion and allows us to make high impact changes to our website

5 7 months ago

Comments: As a start up business with a large majority of sales done online it is key that we understood what our visitors are doing on our site. Crazy Egg gives us data to help make decisions both for our business overall as well as for our website. We have made several changes to our site based on Crazy Egg data (and advice from Crazy Egg support) that has resulted in increased conversions on our site.

Pros:

Easy to use Great reports with meaningful data A/B split testing

Cons:

None from our experience so far. We have found all aspects of our experience to be positive.

Gabriel C.
Gabriel C.
Web Developer in UK
Computer Hardware, 201-500 Employees

Love Crazy Egg

5 2 years ago

Comments: The main achievement is vizualization, easy see what works and what does not

Pros:

I was able to see what was working on our lead generation pages and what did not work. Everything worked great from funnels to heat maps, the most that I used

Cons:

I feeled it wased a little expensive, but well worth it, depending on your budget to acquire new customers.

Marketing Executive in UK
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees

Crazy Easy

4 11 months ago

Comments: A brilliant set of out-of-the-box features makes Crazy Egg an absolute must-have in your user research arsenal. It's most useful on static pages, and doesn't perform quite as well on pages scattered with dynamic elements.

Pros:

Super easy to set up, heatmapping/mouse tracking reports are straightforward to build and understand. The ability to split test pages puts Crazy Egg ahead of most competitors too.

Cons:

Page speed tends to be impacted more so when using Crazy Egg over competitors like Hotjar - though the impact is generally small. The free version, as you might expect, is extremely limited.

8 months ago

Hi Chris, Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We have a very aggressive product roadmap and your feedback helps us with prioritization. Thank you.

Jordan M.
Digital Marketing Manager in US

Does what we want it to to - much better heat maps than the free tools out there

4 4 years ago

Pros:

It's very easy to take snapshots of your web pages and capture where users are clicking. I like the ability to have multiple views -- I prefer the confetti view for precision.

Cons:

I wish Crazy Egg could capture precise menu clicks. We have a global nav that Crazy Egg can't read -- and instead, it looks like the clicks are occurring in our header.

Co-Founder, Full-Stack Growth Marketer in Canada

Reliable Heat Map Tools For Monitoring Web Behavior

4 4 years ago

Pros:

CrazyEgg is well-known website heatmap that helped me improve a digital experience of our website properties.

Cons:

Today, it does not offer is freemium version. Also, it would welcome to see new features that some of the other heatmap tools like Full Story offer. ( an approximate emotional sentiment of people behaviors etc..)

Brooke C.
Brooke C.
Marketing specialist in US

Crazy Egg Review

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Crazy Egg is so easy to use! You can create interesting and dynamic heatmaps showing the areas of your site that users are visiting, as well as other user tests.

Cons:

This software is pretty easy to use - I don't have any issues with it.

3 years ago

Thanks Brooke! Appreciate the feedback and support here. You've also really captured some of the key points we try and do well when it comes to our software (simple yet dynamic, easy-to-use). We'd love the opportunity to talk to you more and share some of what we're working on and developing if you're interested. I've shared my email address with you directly so you have it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for believing in Crazy Egg!

Research Assistant in US
Government Relations, 51-200 Employees

Great features and easy of use

5 3 years ago

Pros:

The way you can easily organize and filter your data, I like it much more than Lucky Orange in that regard.

Cons:

It's really annoying that when you sign up they automatically put you on a yearly subscription, instead of a monthly subscription, and they don't make that clear.

Carlos eduardo D.
Carlos eduardo D.
Co-Founder in Brazil
Used the Software for: Not provided

One of the first on the market

5 4 years ago

Pros:

This tool is one of the most reliable tracking tools on the web. It shows how users interact with your website, enabling you to improve your product and get better engagement.

Cons:

It could have a free plan (like some time ago), but now you have to choose a paid plan and can test it for 30 days.

Lukasz S.
Lukasz S.
Freelance Marketing Consultant in Poland
Internet, Self Employed

Most complex UX analytics

4 2 years ago

Pros:

If you are interested in the flow of users through your site, then the traffic analysis tools included in crazyegg are the most advanced and complex on the market. It is worth to use to increase the interest of the site and keep the user for longer.

Cons:

I didn't find any significant flaws. It is the most complete product on the market.

Kai onno H.
Digital Marketing Manager in Germany
Commercial Real Estate, 51-200 Employees

Best heatmap tracking tool

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Setup and creation of new snapshots and A/B Tests is super easy. Result view for A/B Tests is basic, but very meaningful.

Cons:

Surveys should be an integrated feature and not outsourced to SurveyMonkey