15 years helping British businesses

About WeTravel

WeTravel is the leading booking & payments platform for multi-day and group travel businesses.

Learn more about WeTravel

Pros:

It's very easy to use, with a professional look. Inexpensive and allows me to easily receive payments from abroad.

Cons:

Payment plans options, can’t modify clients information, no personal /phone customer service only option is via chat.

WeTravel ratings

4.7
4.8
4.6
4.8

9.3/10

WeTravel has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars based on 400 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used WeTravel before?

A D
A D
Founder and Owner in US

Awesome platform!

Comments: My experience with [sensitive content hidden] from WeTravel has been exceptional. From day one, [sensitive content hidden] dedication to helping me leverage WeTravel's automated features has made a significant difference in my business operations. She is not only highly knowledgeable but also genuinely committed to my success. Her prompt assistance, insightful recommendations, and unwavering support have made a world of difference. [sensitive content hidden] is a true partner, and I highly recommend her and WeTravel for anyone seeking an efficient and user-friendly business solution. Thank you, [sensitive content hidden], for your outstanding support!

Pros:

I love the ability to create packages and itinerary, send them to my clients, and have them to do everything else from there, with minimal interaction from myself.

Cons:

I utilize WeTravel for my safari company and my travel agency. On the travel agency side, I just wish there was a way to collect credit card information to pay suppliers without doing a transaction on WeTravel. On TravelJoy the feature is called "supplier payment" and it's designed to pay suppliers via their website. Everything is encrypted and you have to enter your password in order to view the card and billing information.

Albert
Tour Operator in Belize
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

The Ultimate online Payment gateway.

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I had an excellent experience adopting the payment gateway to my website. We Travel Assitance [sensitive content hidden] was very professional and patient helping me step by step to apply the system. I'm very pleased with her assistance giving me the confidence to work with We Travel. This system enhanced and upgraded my online payment system for my business

Pros:

I like the fact that our clients can easily and with confidence make payment for their service directly through our website even if it's at the last minute.

Cons:

What I like least about We Travel is that I should have incorporated the system into my business much sooner than I did.

Rafael
General Manager in Panama
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

A tool that really helps tour operators

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: We have been using Wetravel for over a month and payment, refund and tour creation has been super easy

Pros:

Really easy to use and friendly with customer.

Cons:

They should change when people select options for more that 1 passenger they can only input information for 1 and not for each traveler.

Carol
Consumer Services, Self Employed

Absolutely Unprofessional

Comments: I found this platform, took a look at it and jump without doing further research, so this is on me. I started working on the page as they allow you to do so before verifying you, this is on them. After sending every little piece of documentation they asked me for (some of them very sensitive information, but understandable because they deal with people's money, almost 9 hours of work on the trip page, and almost paying the pro package to be able to access some features, I received an email telling me that they were "denying me service". No reason whatsoever, only that "the decision was final and would not be changed. I ran to the site to try to recuperate all the material I had uploaded to the page, but they had already removed my page and blocked my account. I have been trying to make sense of this as I have no idea what could had happened for them to be so drastic. I have emailed the same person that sent me the "decision", asking him to please let me have the material back as it is my intellectual property (this was for a destination wedding) but they have ignored every one of my emails. Now, they have my personal information, my intellectual property, and I have nothing, not even an email back with an explanation (which I still want) or an apology for removing my material without giving me the opportunity to recuperate it. Absolutely unprofessional!

Pros:

Feature is not that hard to manage. To incorporate it in your website is a different story.

Cons:

Their unprofessional behavior and lack of communication.

WeTravel Response

last year

Hi Carol, First of all, we are sorry for the challenge you experienced with verifying your business to use WeTravel. For context, here is an explanation of our verification policies and procedures. WeTravel has three possible verification decisions: 1. Full approval (funds available any time) 2. Partial approval (funds available after the trip) 3. Denial of service. This is stated in our public FAQ: https://help.wetravel.com/en/articles/1619345-how-to-get-verified-for-payouts We always encourage any new company or organizer to right away verify their account. All new users are notified several times through in-dashboard pop-ups and notifications about the necessity to verify their accounts. The verification process is also clearly outlined in our help center. Our verification process follows a strict, legally-binding process to ensure the highest standards are met, for all stakeholders. We are obliged to verify each user thoroughly due to the "future delivery risk" inherent in processing payments for travel companies. Many independent travel agents and individual organizers receive a "Partial Approval", meaning their funds are available only after a trip has ended. Most companies with several employees and a verifiable, multi-year track record receive "Full Approval". It's important to note that most of our individual organizers without established payment history choose to link their Stripe Standard accounts and receive all of their funds from the bookings directly there. More information on this integration could be found here: https://product.wetravel.com/stripe-standard. When a business is issued a Denial of Service, the business is legally required to stop all communication with the individual/business. However, we can confirm, WeTravel does not store any financial or sensitive user data on WeTravel servers. More information on customer data protection could be found here: https://help.wetravel.com/en/articles/414993-how-does-wetravel-handle-and-protect-my-personal-data. I can confirm that your documents and material have been deleted from WeTravel as per our policies mentioned above. We appreciate your thorough feedback and will keep improving our onboarding process for new users. Thank you. Best, The WeTravel team

Bob
CEO in Italy
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Solid platform with the functionality we need

Comments: WeTravel has allowed us to quickly make our tour products bookable online. We have had no issues with payment processing, and the flexibility of the platform is impressive. As our trips have a higher price point, the ability to offer payment in instalments is very appreciated by our customers.

Pros:

-Specifically designed for multi-day tours. -Easy to use -Dependable

Cons:

-Cost could still be better, as we pay for both a monthly subscription and per transaction -Customer facing UI could be updated and have more flexibility

Victor
Marketing Manager in US
Sports, 2–10 Employees

WeTravel Review

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Easy to use. Easy to get payed. Easy for the customer to buy travel packages.

Cons:

No multilingual function is available, so you have to create packages in different languages if needed.

Andrea
Administrative in Argentina
Events Services, 2–10 Employees

Super reccomended

5.0 last week New

Pros:

It's easy and intuitive to use. Support is always available with short waiting times.

Cons:

None

Stephanie V.
CEO in US
Consumer Services, Self Employed

WeTravel Is A Step Above The Rest!!!!

5.0 last month New

Comments: My overall experience is a ten out of ten

Pros:

What I liked most about WeTravel was the customer service, on-boarding and how user friendly the platform is to understand.

Cons:

I have no complaints because WeTravel thought of everything and made their software user friendly.

Monika
Travel coordinator in Poland

Easy to work with

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

[sensitive content hidden] was very helpful to navigate through the new tool and answered all the questions we had.

Cons:

nothing really, all works fine, you just need to give yourself some time as with every new tool

Gaylene
CEO in Australia
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self Employed

Outstanding Customer Service

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: The customer service is fast and extremely helpful

Pros:

Payment plan option as this make travel accessible to everyone not just people who have credit cards

Cons:

It integration with other travel specific CRMs

Kristin
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

We Love WeTravel!

Pros:

As the owner of an international retreat travel business (SolSeed Retreats) that runs over 20 trips annually, WeTravel has been a huge asset to us! Not only are is their customer service team incredibly helpful and responsive, but their trip registration pages and payment processing features are very user friendly and easy to navigate and set up to your liking. We also love how they are constantly improving their softwares’ functionality and adding new features for payment collection in multiple currencies, vendor payouts, registrant information collection and more. The best part? Their fees are only 1% of your trip’s revenue, which is much less than Square or PayPal. We look forward to continuing to partner with WeTravel for our retreat registration and payment processing for years to come!

Cons:

The only con would be information collection. We're still trying to optimize the way we collect info from retreat participants to make it as easeful as possible. WeTravel has some great information collection features, but it would be nice to have more comprehensive and user friendly information collection abilities, or even an app where you can push out notifications to participants, and collect info from them that way.

Janelle
Travel Agency Owner in US

Best Thing Ever!

Comments: I love the payment processing and Itinerary builder. My clients can view the trip, download a brochure and pay all in one place. They send automatic reminders so now I don't have to remember to email clients about payment reminders. They even capture new leads! I love it!

Pros:

This is definitely an all-in-one for me! I was able to eliminate a few other applications that I was using and paying for. I have everything in one app!

Cons:

No issues with the software so far.

Reid
Owner/President/Manager in US

Happy Overall

Pros:

Easy to use, easy to set up, efficient, great support, great ancillary services/seminars.

Cons:

Some subtleties not well explained at set up stage. Still some smaller details functions that need fine-tuning.

Rebecca
Manager in Serbia
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

Great service

Pros:

Very easy to use. Oriented toward our industry. Good customer support.

Cons:

None. There are small issues here and there, but other than that, all good!

Lisa
Photography, 2–10 Employees

Simplicity meets robust

Comments: My experience with WeTravel has been phenomenal. Not only is the software really functional and glitch-free, the PEOPLE behind WeTravel care about customers. The customer service is EXCELLENT--some of the very best I've seen across all customer service I've ever used.

Pros:

It is EASY to set up tours with a professional look, feel, and customer experience.

Cons:

I look forward to seeing CRM options as well as improved reporting capabilities.

Lynette
Operations Manager in US
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

WeTravel is a great business partner

Comments: My overall experience with WeTravel is nothing but positive. I have thoroughly enjoyed working with [sensitive content hidden]. He is professional, patient and very knowledgeable.

Pros:

I really like the ease of use of WeTravel for my clients and also for me as a manager. I love the fact the I meet with [sensitive content hidden] quarterly to discuss changes and for him to answer any questions I may have. I also like that he wants to know if I have any recommendations on what would make it even better from a user standpoint. They are always adapting and making the user interface user friendly. WeTravel has definitely elevated my business. I would 100% recommend.

Cons:

Some things that I would like to see improved are:1. To be able to nickname my wire transfer accounts. I love that I can now create the account and just go in and select when I want to send a new wire but it would be easier searching all my accounts if I could give it a nickname and not just have it listed by its business name.2. When copying a trip I would like to have a dropdown box so I can select the year instead of having to navigate through multiple months/years to create the trip dates.3. In Upcoming Trips, be able to have the page selection buttons at the top of the page too, just like it is at the bottom.

Angela
CEO in Greece
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

One of the best payment systems for travel organizers!

Comments: Already over 40 bookings with WeTravel and totally satisfied with the system. For small travel business owners it's a life saver.

Pros:

One the hardest things in the travel industry is to end up with the online payment provider you will use to accept bookings and get payed online. Usely commission rates are high and you need to integrate the payment system with your booking system. With WeTravel this is solved very easily! You create your booking page with all trip details and information, including daily itinerary and custom fields if you want to. Nice, simple and beautiful. Then you have the option to email, social share or even embed your trip page into your website! Then you just sit back and bookings start coming in with a 2.4% fee +0.30 cents per transaction for Europe users (USA users have even lower fees). Also you always keep full control of the trip, manage your participation list, keeping track of payments, issue refunds etc. Also customizable to fit the colors of your brand.

Cons:

I have to admit that the one thing I don't like about this is that it is branded and the booking page has a big WeTravel logo on it. Could confuse customers when they see it assuming that this is your brand name or even think they have opened a wrong link. Haven't had trouble till now but still this is something I'm not really fond of. I'd prefer to have my own company name and logo and WeTravel have a small "powered by WeTravel" mentioning on the bottom of the page. Although you can write trip details and descriptions in your own language the basic titles and sections can only be in English. Pretty OK with it but would like to have the option to totally translate the booking page.

Marcelo
Manager in Ecuador

Over 5 years with We Travel

Comments: We have been able to collect payments from our clients easily proving a solution to this part of our business, all this thanks to We-Travel.

Pros:

The integration process and support was indeed very good and easy to follow, the platform works very well and while we started using it only as a payment processing platform, we now use several features that make our tracking and day to day activities easier. Whenever we need assistance, we get support very fast, our account manager [sensitive content hidden] is always available to guide us through the platform features and provide any information we might need.

Cons:

Integration was easy, and support is very good, there might be a slight glitch around every now and then, but overall the platform is excellent.

Cat
Managing Director in US
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Worth it for payment processing alone - features helpful - less PR more application punch please

Comments: We are overjoyed that we can ditch lying, thieving merchant account companies. WeTravel helps keep our reservations organized. The brochures downloads and leads were a big surprise that we were surprised worked. Payment options and auto bill is so helpful. We are power users interacting with WeTravel every day so we are pushing the boundaries of it's design and will always sound disappointed but really we do love it.

Pros:

More secure, easy to use payment processing. API helpful to pull in data to our backend systems. Layout of the "Tour Detail Page" is nice and admin UI is a little wonky but it's growing better.

Cons:

We can't embed the Tour Detail Page into our own website. We have to send clients to WeTravel to book. I don't mind promoting that we use weTravel but to take visitors out of our "world" is hard on navigation and user experience. Takes a while to get customer support. WeTravel spends a lot of time on fluffy PR feel good stuff when frankly the app needs to be refined and needs better support.

Linden
CEO in Indonesia
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Glad we made the switch to WeTravel

Comments: Our WeTravel experience is great. We use the platform daily to sell our vacation packages. Our clients also use it while traveling in order to access their itineraries.

Pros:

Very user friendly for admins in setting up listings and inventory management. Easy communication to travelers via the platform. Auto payment reminders and fantastic customer service.

Cons:

The back-end control. Would like to be able to have access to a master client database so we can book return people into other trips, not have them fill out new questionnaires every time, be able to charge their cards when they ask us to do it. Also need a readable URL function on the trip pages so clients don’t need to be on WiFi to access their itinerary. Also need to fix the image bugs. We are constantly have to reupload images as they disappear from our listings - this is a major source of stress especially as we ourselves are always traveling and creating listings in the go. Are you developing an App? This would be ideal as a travel company. Would also like more flexibility in pull reports and payment data; no search functions here.

Ellen
President in US
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self Employed

We Travel Has Potential For Me

Comments: It has been pretty good thanks to the support of [sensitive content hidden].I am actually pretty excited to notice how much have learned in the last year.

Pros:

My very kind and helpful customer service support person, [sensitive content hidden]

Cons:

As mentioned before, the difficulty in interpreting payments when they arrive to my bank account, when more than one transaction is lumped together.Also, the slowness of receiving payments from Bank transfers.My clients are often confused when they see WeTravel branding instead of Excursions from the Square

Valérie
travel agent in Ecuador
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

THE online payment processing and booking platform for tour operators

Comments: We use WeTravel since its beginnings for payment processing and online bookings. The lower cost of credit card payments has led to an increase in sales. The sales and booking process has also become faster.There are always new and helpful features, which is an important plus for a tech company.

Pros:

Easy to use for us as a company and our clients. They can now safely book our tours online with a few clicks.WeTravel is always developing new features and does a lot for the tourism community, thanks to their webinars and learning platform. They understand the tourism sector's needs and stay ahead of the game.Excellent costumer service.

Cons:

I hope WeTravel will expand further, many of our business partners still don't use it.

Kara
Operations/ Account Executive in US
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

Incredible Team to work with - tons of support and constantly evolving and improving

Comments: I've been working with WeTravel for almost four years now and the setup was incredibly easy and we were able to easily integrate it into our processes. From four years ago so many new features have been added, including ones that we had asked for - they were able to get them implemented. For any group tour operator - WeTravel is a no-brainer.

Pros:

Payment Processing is a breeze as well as all of the customer information tools.

Cons:

At the beginning there were some features we wanted that they didn't have - but they quickly added them and we are very happy with the product we use today.

Johanna
President in US

Essential Member of our Team

Comments: We could not have survived COVID without WeTravel. It enabled us to keep our reservations in tact with minimal staff then helped us grow exponentially when travel came back, again with minimal staff.

Pros:

WeTravel is extremely user friendly for the admins and clients alike. The company is extremely responsive to troubleshoot problems and innovative to keep enhancing the capabilities.

Cons:

The one missing element is the capacity to manage room inventory and generate room lists. But I believe they’re working on it!

Janet
Marketing in Peru
Alternative Medicine, 2–10 Employees

Perfect travel pattern for business

Comments: Great

Pros:

The less comisions they asked, the support of their Members to assists you during the whole process, [sensitive content hidden] was very helpful and patience with our business

Cons:

Easy links to pay, it is very easy to send to our customers and for our website