15 years helping British businesses

About GoTo Webinar

GoTo Webinar powers millions of webinars each year and is now part of GoTo Connect, all-in-one communications software built for SMBs.

Learn more about GoTo Webinar

Pros:

This is probably the best webinar integration that is compatible with Hubspot. We're able to report on registrants, attendees, as well as use forms to push contacts to GTW.

Cons:

This can make things a bit confusing and difficult if you're dealing with multiple recordings and multiple links.

GoTo Webinar ratings

4.4
4.3
4.4
4.3

8.3/10

GoTo Webinar has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 2,062 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used GoTo Webinar before?

Filter reviews (2,062)

Ziva
Ziva
Sales Services Manager in Portugal
Retail, 1,001–5,000 Employees

GoTo Webinar allows us to have wonderful webinars and events virtually.

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It has been a very good experience with GoTo Webinar. It help us to host huge virtual sales webinars that are very lively and engaging. With GoTo Webinar, we have been able to engage thoroughly with prospects through virtual conferences.

Pros:

It is very easy to setup a virtual webinar with GoTo Webinar. It offers webinars top quality visuals and audio making conversations to be very clear. It makes it possible for more than one person to present which is very useful during sales webinars. Engaging with the other webinar audience is very simple.

Cons:

GoTo Webinar has been at its best while serving us. There has been no issues encountered. Definitely nothing not to like about it.

Kate
Kate
Marketing & Account Management in US
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

Good for hosting webinars and training

Comments: It’s among the best webinar and virtual meeting software platforms. I recommend it and will keep using it unless another platform can do the same thing for a lower price.

Pros:

GoToWebinar is easy to use from the get-go, the learning curve is very short. It makes setting up a webinar very simple and you can share events in a variety of ways. That makes it easy to get the word out about your events and it integrates nicely with other products, like Pardot and website platforms.

Cons:

Sometimes it’s confusing to know what level of service you have, and it’s not always clear if a feature is included in your subscription or not. It would be nice if they took excluded features out (based on your service agreement) or made it clear what’s included in you subscription and what’s not when you’re setting up an event. We also have multiple people using a corporate account and the notifications get out of control sometimes.

Full-Stack Developer in US
E-Learning, 11–50 Employees

Horrible Company, Stay Far Away

Comments: It was fine for years until they tried to bill us for something we never agreed to and we had to work with support which is one of the worst I have ever encountered.

Pros:

Several years ago this was one of the first and best solutions for holding webinars. It still does the job OK and the participant list is well organized. It also allows some branding customization.

Cons:

Many more technical issues come up with participants compared to Zoom. Getting connected and audio setup seem to depend a lot of the client system. Also at this point the UI is comparatively much less intuitive and has fewer features than the competition. The WORST part is that we found out the company is highly unethical. We were customers for years and when the pandemic hit they sent out an email to all their customers that to help out they would add an additional hosting seat free for a year. We accepted only to find out later they decided to lock everyone who accepted into a year long contract that was never free as promised for the second seat and essentially bill everyone some $800. So their pretense of helping was just a cash grab to take advantage of people during a crisis. It took months of calls and emails being bounced around through their non existent support to solve this. Stay far away!

Asnath
Assistant Projects Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Event Manager in IT&S Industry

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

GoTo Webinar is the main tool that enables me to create and schedule online events.

Cons:

I do not experience any flaw nor fail to customize any feature on GoTo Webinar.

Komi
Komi
Finance agent in Togo
Accounting, 51–200 Employees

Event Management and web conferencing

Comments: I joined many events and i did get issues so i am satisfy with the software

Pros:

I find Goto webinar to be when of the web or video conferencing great software in the world currently. Many of their feature are working well and it is easy to plan a video meeting or conferences with partners or to join some webinars. The audio and expecially video is very useful for the user.

Cons:

The software works only with data and without it many features will be impossible to be used.

Sheree
Human Resources Director in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Go To Meeting Is a Great Product

Comments: Go To Meeting is a great software that can be used for Board Meeting as well as interviewing candidates for a job opening.

Pros:

The Ease of Use. Sound Quality was great.

Cons:

I do not have any cons with this product.

Alhassan
Pediatrician in Saudi Arabia
Medical Practice, 501–1,000 Employees

Very important application

Comments: Easy to use, simple, any one can use without any previous learning

Pros:

Mandatory application for every one working in medical field,easy to use

Cons:

Nothing at all, i like it so much, and highly recommend it

Jackson
Head of Operations in Lithuania
Higher Education, 10,000+ Employees

Resourceful, Outsourcing and Altruistic Face-to-face Communication

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Uniqueness in virtual whiteboard meeting webinars and internal departmental and online learning facilitation. File sharing and screen recording.

Cons:

We are much OK with all features it offers.

FRED
Students' President in Switzerland
Higher Education, 501–1,000 Employees

Virtual Student Portal

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Fostering efficiency and real-time virtual classrooms and e-learning facilitation. Online payment processing.

Cons:

Nothing to regret, infact it has fully boosted class attendance.

Nathalie
Licensed Insurance Agent in US
Insurance, 51–200 Employees

My Go-To For Virtual/Remote Meetings!

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Favorite thing about the Go-To Meeting Experience is that I'm able to share a Powerpoint presentation with the sales team from every State Farm office nationwide on the video conference. This means I don't have to do 10 separate meetings with every sales team and it saves me so much time!!

Cons:

Shoot, I can't think of anything. It works great for me!

Executive Director in US
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

Deteriorating tech support on what was once an amazing service :(

Comments: We've used GoToWebinar for many years, going all the way back to the days when we had to use a Dynametric box hooked to our computers to record webinars (you couldn't record them off the screen).
We've loved GoToWebinar, because webinars are an integral part of our business. Over the years, the tech support was phenomenal - live operators answering quickly when you call, and they were true experts in the software - we never waited for the very occasional hiccups to get fixed.
Over the past 2 years, though, the technical problems now occur about twice a month - a recording stopping with no warning in the middle of the webinar, a presenter's phone line suddenly dying, stuff like that. When we call in, it's painfully obvious that the tech support folks are pretty new to GoToWebinar. They don't know the product, and as a result it takes twice or three times as long to talk with them, and too often the answer is "We're not sure why that happened." Today, I was told that GoToWebinar doesn't keep a record of the presenter's assigned phone number (that GoToWebinar itself sends out for us!), and it was my job to call my presenter and ask if by chance he kept the GoToWebinar email that shows the dial-in number he was sent. (And, I had to do it within 24 hours.)
We've loved GoToWebinar, but we're actively looking for another product due to the huge dropoff in tech support now being offered.

Pros:

GoToWebinar is very easy to use in setting up webinar sessions, adding dial-in numbers for other countries, and downloading both reports (Q&A, attendance) and the webinar videos. Also, the cost is very competitive compared to other webinar services.

Cons:

Since LogMeIn purchased GoToWebinar a couple of years ago, we've experienced a huge increase in technical snafus - the audio line for presenters dropping without notice, the recording of a live webinar suddenly stopping in mid-session with no warning, etc. Despite our ongoing requests for tech support to fix these issues, they continue happening. Also, the new tech support teams that came on when LogMeIn bought the company don't seem to know the GoToWebinar product well at all. We can hear them on our tech support calls flipping pages looking for answers, and in many cases we've had to help them by giving them answers to questions such as where to find the Past Events on our account screens. :( We were told by tech support today that, because GoToWebinar has gone completely web based, the company has only a 24-hour window to track and fix any tech problems with a webinar before the data files for that live session disappear forever. Overall, we've noticed a huge drop off in tech support quality for a company that was once the gold standard for webinars. :(

Information Services, 201–500 Employees

With ongoing use, you will learn how to use it

Comments: We use GoToWebinar to host educational sessions with our clients or leads. If you're an experienced user, the platform does everything you need it to do. It also integrates nicely with our email management platform and takes the burden off of manually managing registrations and confirmations.

Pros:

All organizer controls are readily accessible when you host your event. Everything is located on the right hand column so you can toggle between boxes for whatever function is required. The newly designed dashboard makes it easier to see at a glance upcoming events. Creating an event is simple and integration with our email management system was seamless. The automatic confirmation emails that are sent to registrants are also one less thing we have to worry about during our webinar registration process.

Cons:

When you first host your event, the controls can be intimidating. The boxes are piled on one another and it's not straightforward as to what each control does unless you've had prior experience running an event or reviewed their resources to understand how to operate everything. While the labels of the function provide some context, it would be helpful if a "?" hover option was available so users know what each feature does while you're in an event. Chatting during an event is also a concern. You'll have to be very careful to select who you want your message to go to.

Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Now organizing online is much easier with GoToWebinar

Pros:

GoToWebinar makes your webinar registration process much easier. It has very clean user interface. New user also can navigate GoToWebinar easily. It record our webinar automatically. we can execute polls smoothly. Attendee reporting is also good. GoToWebinar provide real-time data of attendees. Easy to share screen. compatible with all devices.

Cons:

Email automaton feature is missing. We cannot use digital background. Need strong internet connection for using this tool.

Kimani
Kimani
Accountant in Kenya
Accounting, 51–200 Employees

GoTo Webinar always put a smile on our faces by exceptionally executing our events

Comments: GoTo webinar is a game changer for all our virtual events needs. It is soo excellent that I feel like we are having a one to one physical event

Pros:

GoTo webinar's cost effectiveness, user-friendliness and ease to setup and use are exceptional making it accessible by all users across the organization . GoTo webinar is suitable for our organizational need for it can handle large numbers of attendees. It is also customizable in such away that it allows for customization of webinars or workshops with branding and polls. Webinars can be recorded in session and then shared with attendees for later references. I appreciate the high quality of videos and audios that we experience when using Goto Webinar for online events. Also the presenters can engage and interact with the audience through a real time chat making it even more fun. Mobile accessibility makes it an ultimately convenient tool that allow attendees join the meeting from anywhere as long as there is internet connectivity

Cons:

Technical issues occuring during the webinar especially in the case of internet connection problem that brings about video or audio issues

Financial Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

This is an effective old-school technology for online events

Comments: Using GoToWebinar to host large-scale meetings and training sessions has been around for a long time. For both internal and external use, it is excellent. There are a lot of firms out there, but GoToWebinar is one of the oldest and most well-tested. With our clients and staff, we utilize GoToWebinar because it doesn't require a lot of software to run, and the online version works just as well.

Pros:

For meetings of 50 to 100 persons during the pandemic, we used this platform. We appreciate the ease with which the presenter can be given control of the presentation from the organizer's control panel. Useful reporting and recording options are available after the event, and they're simple to use. It takes minimal time and effort to set up an event. It's not designed for two-way communication, but it's excellent for one-way presentations. There is great value in the webinar recordings and analytics, which reveal how many people listened and watched. After the event, surveys are an excellent method to collect instant and actionable feedback from those who attended. It comes with 500 people as standard and is less expensive than competing platforms. Yes, I would suggest this platform to others.

Cons:

You can't fast-forward or rewind the video to go to a previous point. It restarts from the beginning if you exit and reopen it. The only way to utilize it is to play and pause. It's also worth noting that when video playing begins, the panelists' microphones are automatically silenced. Even though they can unmute, panelists who wish to discuss videos in meetings may run into this issue if they forget.

Bernice
Digital Content Creator and Promotional Model in Kenya
Retail, 51–200 Employees

GoTo Webinar is my Go To online Webinars

Pros:

GoTo Webinar is reliable, cost effective and stable. It’s easy to download, very clear the audio and video is in HD, does not buffer, it’s a great tool for those webinars or trainings with large groups. It’s very handy when it comes to engagements with the attendees as you’re able to conduct polls and get comments during the meetings or training sessions. I like the fact that I’m able to use from any device, eg smartphone, tablet, laptop etc. you do not need to download the tool for participants but instead you can use the web version, how cool! GoTo Webinar is very secure and does not display personal information- data protection is top notch. Recording feature is my favorite, this helps me keep records. Mute on entry option helps bring orderliness to the meetings.

Cons:

GoTo Webinar is the best thing that has happened to me. I can’t imagine my life without this tool now. Simply the BEST

Mathew
Mathew
Area Manager - Africa in Kenya
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees

An Online Webinar Solution, Let’s Go To Webinar

Pros:

Being an area manager for Africa, I have a huge task of making sure my team members all over Africa get training and hold meetings oftenly, truth be told I can not make it in person all over Africa but with GoTo Webinar, am Virtually present the whole of africa, and the best thing I can be present at the same time, I will just set up a webinar or a conference and am good to go. Screensharing option is very cool for trainers to share presentations for a catchy session. Video and audio quality is in HD, very nice and clear. Session recording is another feature I like, for future refrence and to share with those who missed the meeting or conference. Participants can ask questions on chats, this brings the sense of orderliness, where we avoid noisy meetings where everyone is talking at the same time. I can customize meeting invites with GoTo Webinar. Scheduling a meeting takes seconds, very fast and easy

Cons:

I can go on and on for all the things I love about GoTo Webinar, I have not had any single dislike for all the years I have been a user

Jane
Jane
Vehicle Engineer in Kenya
Automotive, 201–500 Employees

Better audience engagement in virtual webinars with GoTo Webinar.

Comments: We do alot of training work and since we have multiple branches across the country, GoTo Webinar allows us to do these trainings virtually. Its excellent engagement functions allows us to experience the same effectiveness as we would if we are doing the training physically.

Pros:

GoTo Webinar interface is intuitive and easy to learn and understand for anyone. In fact, we were able to setup our first webinar without needing any IT assistance. It is super secure and has always safeguarded all our data and those of our audiences from any form of security breaches. It offers large virtual rooms which allows us to host larger number of audiences during our training sessions. We have never had a boring webinar with GoTo Webinar thanks to the audience engagement functions that allows us to engage freely with them.

Cons:

I have never experienced any dull experience with GoTo Webinar for all the times that i have used it.

Mitesh
Mitesh
Group Financial Controller in Kenya
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

GoTo Webinar is a real go-to tool for virtual conferencing and webinars.

Comments: We use GoTo Webinar in our organization as platform for hosting online events including virtual conferences and webinars. It provides with a safe platform for us to communicate with our customers and clients either as individuals or as a group in webinars and online events.

Pros:

GoTo Webinar allows one to host virtual events of any size meaning its a convenient virtual conferencing tool for any organization despite their size. It provides enterprise-grade security to all your information and data ensuring that no unauthorized person can have access to your account or any data. It is a simple tool which has its architecture designed with an approach to make it easy to use for users by using a very user-friendly user interface. It provides excellent features like raising hand which allows attendees to ask questions or give opinions. It allows more than one presenter at a time which means that multiple presenters can host an event at an instance which is amazing.

Cons:

With no doubt, i have nothing that i like least about GoTo Webinar. It is a very useful and productive tool.

Shannel
Shannel
Climate Change Analyst in Kenya
Think Tanks, 11–50 Employees

Reaching out the public easily through online events with GoTo Webinar.

Comments: GoTo Webinar gives us a super excellent engagement and interaction platform capable to host large number of audience and we always benefit by reaching out to many people when running public awareness campaigns aimed at addressing issues with climatic changes and how to change the narrative of environment pollution at a personal level.

Pros:

We use GoTo Webinar during our public awareness campaigns to host events online and we are loving the services we are getting from it. Mostly, it provides a good interaction and engagement space making it possible to have effectively interactive events with the public. We are able to host large numbered events allowing us to reach out to a large number of people. The video and audio quality are the best we have seen so far.

Cons:

We always get what we need with GoTo Webinar and we have never struggled to facilitate our online events.

Stanley
Museum Conservator in Kenya
Museums & Institutions, 2–10 Employees

GoTo Webinar is a pioneer for virtual events.

Comments: We use GoTo Webinar as a virtual platform to educate people on matters museum conservations through community awareness campaigns as well as to run webinar marketing to attract more tourists to visit us from both local and international.

Pros:

The main reason we find GoTo Webinar more useful to us is that it allows to host larger number of audiences for our online events and this allows us to reach out to more people at a go. It makes online events more interesting by allowing the audience and the hosts to engage and interact freely using features like raise hand, chatting and others. Another unique thing about GoTo Webinar is how it allows an event to have more than one presenter at a go.

Cons:

Am more than happy with GoTo Webinar and its features and am having a good time and experience using it. No dislikes.

Martin
Martin
Marketing Manager in Kenya
Airlines/Aviation, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Happy and Contended User for over 4 years

Pros:

Audience polling and Q& A feature is the best, especially when you are looking for feedback after an online meeting or training session. The CRM intergrations and reporting and analytics tools helps us in engaging the clients more to know more about them and areas that needs improvement to serve them better. No set up fee is so thoughtful, I appreciate that. Audio’s quality is high. Its compatible with most browsers eg chrome firefox, safari etc. Easy to download, siwtch between desktop and mobile app. The form registration process is smooth and am able customize registration pages without a problem. Accomodated a large number of participants without lagging or having bad quality video and audio. Session recording is very good and easy to share

Cons:

None, I am a happy user and have reccomended GoTo Webinar to a couple of guys who are also happy with the tool

Jimmy
Jimmy
Legal Counsel in Kenya
Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees

GoTo Webinar Review, The Best Ever!

Comments: I’m out of words to describe my awesome experience. I am glad am one of many users who are beneficiaries of GoTo Webinar.

Pros:

It’s easy to download and install. Video quality is in HD, very clear and audible. It holds large group of participants, very effective for conference and online training. After an online webinar or conference there’s a polls provision where the participants can leave comments. Attendance at meetings can be recorded. Very easy to schedule and join meetings, literally takes seconds. GoTo Webinar is compatible with all devices, smartphones, tablets etc hence also accessibility can be from any location provided there is network connectivity. It has a recording feature where we can store the recordings for future reference.

Cons:

Pricing is a bit on a higher side but this is atleast compensated with the many brilliant features.

Naveen
Technical Manager in India
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51–200 Employees

Best among all to create and Manage online Webinars

Comments: The overall experience of using GotoWebinar was very good so far. With most of features provided in standard version itself, its value for money and trouble free software
Being an admin of tool, its easy to setup webinars and manage the sessions

Pros:

1)Intuitive user interface with almost no learning required 2) Auto recording of all webinars/training's 3) Stable and reliable. Never encountered any issues so far 4) No user login required for attendee's 5) Create polls and survey questions to be asked during Webinar 6) Multiple speakers can be accommodated with quick switching 7) Meeting link sent to customers once they get registered.

Cons:

Compared to the pros's the software offers, there are very few things which can be pointed such as 1) Chat window is small. Multiple lines of text entered or to be read needs scrolling 2) Notifications needs to be more highlighted

Staffing & Recruiting, 51–200 Employees

GoToWebinar

Comments: My overall experience with GoTo Webinar has been great, we have looked at alternatives in the past and while they are pretty competitive the GoTo/HubSpot level of integration has kept us around. The software has also undergone some recent upgrades which has also enhanced the UX significantly.

Pros:

As a HubSpot user, the integration with our CRM is one of the best things about GoTo. Generating new leads and tracking them throughout the sales cycle is key to tracking ROI and this duo is great for that. It also allows us to connect to forms and lead capture popups so it's even easier to generate leads for webinars. The platform itself also gives you a decent amount of analytics and insights into webinar engagement, easy access to recordings, etc.

Cons:

The presenter control panel is a little archaic and not super intuitive but you get used to it over time. It would also be great if the Q&A section in this panel was also a little more user-friendly. It's not uncommon we have more than one person on the back end typing answers to questions/helping the presenter moderate so having a way to 'claim' or 'assign' an inbound question during a webinar would be very useful.