I LOVE GTM!! (GoToMeeting)

Reviewed on 19/09/2018
Bonnie M.
educator
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I love GoToMeeting (GTM)! I teach online and hold live chats sometimes 3 nights a week. I have to sometimes use another program, and at times when it doesn’t work I have quickly jusmped on GTM and it ‘saves the day” every time! I love the new TRANSCRIPTION feature too! And so do my students. Granted it isn’t perfect, but what speech-to-text feature is? I make sure to use GTM and introduce it to my students at least once per course. The following week I will switch back to the other program, and then I let my students vote on which program they’d prefer to use the following week – GTM wins every time! I have used other online VOI chat tools, but they seem to keep changing?! They "think" they're making improvements, but take away such a valuable feature as being able to share the moderator's entire screen?! Why?! Either that or their newer version cannot “handle” sharing the entire screen and errors out showing the same screen over and over again in a trail of overlapping screens that run off into infinity. GTM is just easier to use! Inviting attendees is even easy – just set up a future meeting and the email invitation is created for you! Easy peasy! I just took a another look at it again and played around with resizing and moving the feature windows and I even found something else about it that I didn't know before...so now I love it even more!

Pros: Being able to quickly and easily show my online students what I am doing, by sharing my entire screen/desktop, on my computer is so important! SHARING MY ENTIRE SCREEN regardless of which program I am using, or switching to, and to also have them see the pop-up or embedded windows (like scroll over Alt tags or edit menus & windows) is a must! Another program (that I will not name) recently changed that specific feature so if the moderator shares the entire screen an infinite trail of windows appears and no one can see a thing. I'll choose go to meeting every time if I have the choice between the two! Don't get me wrong - GTM does allow you to also share only one specific application/program at a time IF that is what you would prefer to do. I just need/prefer to share my entire screen.

Cons: Honestly, the only thing I can think of is I wish GTM would allow the attendees to "raise their hands" to let me know they have questions, or that I have missed a text/typed question. Either that or just give them an icon that can be clicked on that rings a bells in my ear so that I know to pause and/or ask the viewers to type their question again. I can understand that some moderators might not want to allow such interruptions during a presentation, or during a specific time, but giving the moderator an ON/OFF option for it would work for everyone! The little icon/button could be placed right next to the MIC controls on the Attendees pane.

Collaboration at its best!

John M.
Planning & Investment Analyst
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: With GoToMeeting we solve the problem of having team members be in different locations at the same time. Our team needs the full features of Microsoft Office and cannot use collaborative solutions such as Google Sheets when we are working on client deliverables.

Pros: GoToMeeting allows me and my colleagues to collaborate and work together on complicated spreadsheets. It allows us to conduct internal meetings and even conduct client meetings with those who are out of state. We now even have an international client and it would be exceedingly difficult to give him a presentation without GoToMeeting. We use this tool every single day.

Cons: The Google Chrome extension is not quite as robust as the desktop version of the application. For example, we are unable to change the presenter for those using the Chrome extension and not able to obtain keyboard and mouse control. This is not a big deal but would be nice for those such as clients who do not need the desktop application but want to install the Chrome extension for convenience.

Easy to use and works well with Gong!

Reviewed on 21/08/2019
Sarah A.
Customer Success Manager
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I've used WebEx, Join.Me and GoToMeeting for work. GoToMeeting is by far the easiest and has the fewest issues when customers or myself are trying to log in. Watching back my call recordings, it's not pixelated or laggy which is amazing! It helps me provide a quality call with my customers and prospects.

Pros: What I like the most about GoToMeeting is the ease of use. It's easy for my customers to join my meeting and easy for me to provide them a recording after. It's also nice that I can pass the presenter role to others on my team or to the customer if they need to show me something.

Cons: There's been a couple issues where my customers haven't been able to log into the GoToMeeting link and that's been a challenge. Overall, it's worked about 99% of the time.

GoToMeeting Review

Reviewed on 15/08/2019
Wesley A.
Technical Architect
Information Services, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall I had a great experience and GoToMeeting saved me money.

Pros: The meeting are easy to set up and create an invitation list.

Cons: The software seems a little slow in responding to button clicks.

Great Post Call Analytics

Reviewed on 03/05/2019
Dayne S.
L&D Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We communicate better thanks to GoToMeeting!

Pros: What sets GoToMeeting a part from other platforms is the post-call analytics. I selected GoToMeeting for hosting our monthly all-employee teleconferences. Using this system we get real time updates on how many people have joined the call and afterward how people chose to dial in. This informs us of how well these conversations are marketing and how engaged people are in terms of the value added by listening in. This has been a game-changer for our organization. Also like how easy it is to use. Didn't even have to be trained, it's that intuitive!

Cons: Pricing is a bit high, but I believe the value is there. The only other minor complain is the account admin website is a little different than than meeting management site.

GoToMeeting good but ScreenConnect better

Reviewed on 31/10/2018
Bernard F.
Computer Networking, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall GoToMeeting is good and an household name but ScreenConnect is bett, cheaper and more brandable for corporate use

Pros: I have used GoToMeeting for many years. It has always been an industry standard when conducting on line meetings or training which i do regularly.

Cons: i found that GoToMeeting locks up sometimes or has other unforced errors that pop up during presentations. i also find that it is not good for doing technical support for customers. Then the company tries to sell you GoToAssist. I found that ScreenConnect is an outstanding competing product and is also totally brandable to my company. I can do both meetings and support with the product

Easy to link

Reviewed on 22/08/2019
CSM
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I like how it integrates with outlook and has reminders for meetings to start.

Cons: I wish that there was no computer Audio option. Causes feedback.

GotoMeeting allows us to have remote online meetings using just voice or voice and video.

Reviewed on 18/07/2018
Matt D.
Associate Director of Ministry Operations
Religious Institutions, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This software has made many distant interviews and meetings more intimate to increase communication. The use of video conferencing and screen sharing allows for many attendees to see the same information and offer feedback. Admin user controls are helpful to guide the meetings/interviews.

Pros: *Video conferencing with multiple people makes conference meetings much more intimate. It allows for multiple screens (one for each person).
*Sharing screens allows people to do presentations and show reports so everyone can follow along.
*It has been used by us for interviews, training, and planning meetings.
*Users can phone in or use their computer microphones/speakers.

Cons: *It seems that there is always someone using it for the first time and they are confused and the first 5 minutes of a meeting is getting them acclimated. I think it is user friendly, but apparently it must not be intuitive because people seem to have trouble using it sometimes.
*There are glitches every once in awhile (like someone's computer microphone is too close to the speakers so there is echoing feedback). There are ways to work this out (like muting people), but it takes some experience to learn all of the tricks.
*We had a hard time knowing how to save the recording of our meeting before and the help topic didn't seem to help. I finally figured it out with trial and error.

GoToMeeting - best meeting software

PhD Candidate
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: GoToMeeting is one of the best meeting software I have ever used and I will continue to use GTM in my everyday work.

Pros: GoToMeeting provides a high quality audio and video meetings. I use it in my everyday work with my colleagues all over the world. It is really quick,easy to use and setup meetings with your team. You can connect it with Google Calender, so you can easily organize you schedule. It is one of the best meeting program I have ever used.

Cons: None, I like everything about this GoToMeeting software. I had only few times issue when my colleagues have not been able to log into the GoToMeeting link.

Great experience for everyone that logs onto my screenshare

Reviewed on 19/07/2018
Will L.
Account Executive
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It is great being able to get everyone on one screen share and demo our product. I also like how you can see all of your upcoming screen shares you have.

Pros: It is easy to use and very simple for my customer to put in the 9 digit code to view my screen. I also like how you can have a ton of people on the screen share if needed and be able to chat during the presentations. This is great for questions that come up.

Cons: Sometimes there are delays or the site is down, but other than that, it is a great simple software that I enjoy using.

Review for GoToMeeting

Reviewed on 22/08/2019
Research Librarian
Research, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have attended several meetings utilizing GoToMeeting. It is very useful for viewing demonstrations of new or updated programs and software, as well as meetings for professional organizations.

Pros: You receive a link to log into the meeting after registering to attend, as well as at least one reminder before the meeting actually begins. If you're registered for a meeting but can't attend, an email link for a recording of the meeting, at least one day after the meeting is over, is sent to everyone who registered for the meeting. You can watch the recording at your pace, pausing when needed, and you can take notes during the recording for future use.

Cons: Nothing really. GoToMeeting is an effective and efficient way to have many persons attend web-based meetings as they happen.

A high-quality, fast meeting tool

Reviewed on 16/03/2019
Nalu M.
Director Of Customer Success
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: GoToMeeting is the ultimate "out of the box" meeting solution. The administrative side is very easy to use and manage your users. The admin reporting tool has all of the data you would need. The solution itself is very reliable and feature rich.

Cons: Only difficulty I've experienced with GoToMeeting is having your guests take over as the presenter. This requires the downloading of a web-app and a few minutes of setup. It would be nicer if there was a faster and easier way to switch presenter roles.

One of the Best Online Meeting Apps out there

Reviewed on 13/07/2018
Jackson P.
Assistant Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Online Meeting and Presentations are easy

Pros: I've been using this tool for about 4 years now. This a must for all online meetings in my Organization. We even use it to troubleshoot issues by doing a screen share.

Cons: No Cons. The only thing that i've noticed is that, it lags a little when the bandwidth is slow, but that's not Gotomeeting's fault

Best for E-Meetings

Reviewed on 16/03/2019
Human Resources Coordinator
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: GoToMeeting has replaces Skype for me for good this year. It is a better overall solution for e-meetings, as the consistently smooth quality of the calls and the wide-range of available features for business, make GoToMeeting a better product. It has been a smooth experience from the get go in terms of installation, set up, and test calls. Everything about GTM broadcasts professionalism, as it allows me to sort and assign attendees according to my needs. I am a happy customer.

Cons: GoToMeeting is a great product overall. The only minor issue I have been facing sometimes is the anonymity of attendees, as it often does not associate them with an account.

Have video conferneces with ease from anywhere.

Travis W.
Reviewer
Online Media, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My overall experience with GoToMeeting has been wonderful. It has made having online meetings and video conferences easier for me.

Pros: I like how easy it is to have online meetings, sharing desktop, and how easy it is to have video conferences. You can have meetings from anywhere which I like. One thing I really like is the pricing. The prices are really good for what you get.

Cons: There;s nothing I do not like. Everything that GoToMeeting has to offer is great. They do their job and that is great.

GoToMeeting Review

Reviewed on 07/11/2018
Ramesh M.
Associate Manager
Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We use GoToMeeting for our weekly Client Status Update Calls . We have staff in multiple locations and they do need to participate in the presentation. We do not see major problems with GoToMeeting , but mostly people prefer Webex due to popularity.

Pros: Easy setup and login for attendees
Screen Sharing Quality is good
Voice and Video quality is also good compare to Webex
Good for Business Meetings
Control panel is easy to understand

Cons: Stability issues and network error and glitches
not good Mobile app
Sometimes calling number doesn't work without reason
Total product reliability not at best, drop calls etc.
Need numbers for Toll Free India Dial In
There should be proper Dial in Info available within the Invite

Amazingly Easy Software to Use

Reviewed on 08/03/2019
Travis B.
Account Manager and Tactical Projects Leader
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: This is a very easy software to use. Whether you are scheduling or hosting your digital meeting, this tool has everything you will need.

Cons: It would be nice to have some additional functionality that can only be found in the GoTo Webinar, but this is a solid tool for digital meetings.

Decent communication tool

Reviewed on 18/09/2018
Marketing Manager
Airlines/Aviation, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I use GoToMeetings almost every day and I'm pretty satisfied with it so far

Pros: GoToMeeting has a very intuitive user interface and many very useful features, such as screen sharing, change hosts etc

Cons: The software is a bit pricey, would be good to have discounts for small businesses

Perfect for Remote Sales Team

Reviewed on 16/05/2019
Leslie H.
Digital Projects Specialist
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Since I spent half of my day in meetings with people all over the US, this was a must in order to share a deck, show my screen and to help me close the deal.

Cons: There were times where companies had a firewall that kept them from being able to use this software

My review of GoToMeeting

Reviewed on 31/10/2018
Catarina A.
SAP Consultant
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I use GoToMeeting in my day-to-day work to conduct analysis sessions, tests, etc. We use this tool very much because it is very intuitive and practical so that we can interact among all and between all the virtual environments of each one of the participants. My experience with GoToMeeting is very positive, it's almost like a virtual meeting room.

Pros: It is a tool that virtualizes a meeting room in which users can perform clearing sessions, tests, data analysis, etc. It's intuitive enough and greatly optimizes productivity by connecting people from all over the world, wherever they are, just accessing the meeting. It is very positive and, in general, I love working with this tool.

Cons: I have nothing to point to this tool that is unfavorable. It is very useful and does your job quite well.

Great Conference Call Solution

Content Specialist
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We had issues with other programs, namely they were too confusing and clients couldn't figure out how to connect. GoToMeeting has been so simple to use that we haven't had those issues.

Pros: GoToMeeting has been an excellent solution for conference calls and even one-on-one calls with remote employees. The UI is so easy to use and understand. We've had trouble before with other programs trying to educate clients on how to use them, but GoTo has been very intuitive. All they have to do is download the browser extension. It's easy to connect and we've never had a problem with it, and the calls have always been very clear and easy to hear. It also integrates with a lot of email services and calendar software, so it's very easy to set up times.

Cons: I haven't experienced any issues and there aren't any other features I think they could add. It really has everything and with such easy integration and slick UI, I think it's great.

GoTo is Your Go To for Meetings

Cody W.
music teacher
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This software has helped my music publication business by being able to have remote communication with other composers and workers. I also work for a piano studio and this has helped us have our meetings without having to travel all the time.

Pros: I've tried many different types of meeting software for online company meetings and especially online courses and online meetings for teaching. I have realized that GoToMeeting is great for all of these things. It keeps connected in settings where FaceTime and other such applications will not. I love how you can do a three and four way call without interference.

Cons: Logging in has been a troubling issue. I think it has to do with not remembering passwords or it may be something to do with the trial version versus any paid versions of this software.

Superb and easy way of Communication

Abigail P.
Information Technology & Services, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This product has an affordable price range that perfectly suits to any company whether they are dealing inside the country or outside every feature is unique and incredible enough.

Pros: The biggest pro of this software is that with the arrival of this amazing application now I can easily do any conference or meeting anytime anywhere. I really like the way it integrates with many useful applications of my regard so I can easily switch between all these applications on the go.

Cons: It's fun to use with no cons at all. I can create meeting rooms with huge ease on this certain product that is as convenient for me as I have to arrange a lot of meetings on daily basis.

Excellent Tools and Software

Reviewed on 04/09/2018
Ramon C.
Manager Project
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Excellent Tools for work environment, had meeting with co-works, video conference, any it supporting, help a lot to verify any issue of any situation via video conference.

Cons: I dont any issue or problem with this tools.

A smooth and stable online meeting and conferencing application.

Reviewed on 10/04/2018
Research Assistant
Research
Customer Support

Pros: I can use GoToMeeting for free. And the free version is also very smooth and stable using public campus network. At the same time, It can keep high video quality. So I believe that GoToMeeting really does a lot of optimization of networking transmission in order to support such a great user experience. GoToMeeting is also suitable for online live classes or lectures.

Cons: Maybe suffering from a lot of compatibility problems, GoToMeeting automatically keeps 6 older versions of it on my laptop. Although I update to the latest version, it will still keep the old versions. This takes some of my hardware and I am not sure whether I can delete these old versions or not. I never saw this situation before on other software.