15 years helping British businesses

About Ora

Unlock Efficiency with Ora: Where Project Management Meets Instant Team Chat for Unmatched Collaboration and Tailored Task Tracking.

Learn more about Ora

Pros:

It has helped us to achieve our goals and meet our deadlines. Ora has been easy to use for everybody in the company.

Cons:

More of a user error, but if I leave it running and forget about it, I have a long time period and I have to go back and fix the time, sometimes fixing the time isn't super intuitive.

Ora ratings

4.6
4.5
4.5
4.6

8.9/10

Ora has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars based on 146 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Ora before?

Alexandro
Alexandro
Owner in Spain
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

The most complete solution out there to manage everything

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Extremely happy with it. It's been more than 3 years using it and we can't imagine working without it.

Pros:

It's such a powerful tool, it has almost everything I could think of to take care of my company, projects, and clients. And I say almost because, ofc, some things like invoices are being done with other apps, but ORA wasn't designed for that. It's really easy to work together with your team using ORA, has everything you need, including conferencing tools (ditch Zoom), calendar, deadlines, projects, attachments in the tasks or projects... I find it extremely useful to work on big projects, or things with a lot of small details, not loosing track.

Cons:

When the tasks/cards has a lot of information and comments, it can get laggy. Also, deadlines from small tasks inside other tasks don't appear in the calendar, and that's a small problem for us.

Anthony
Graphic Designer in US
Graphic Design, 2–10 Employees

Ora is the best Project Management tool out there

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Ora has been great. I keep track of all my projects across all aspects of my life in Ora and I'm able to manage a huge amount of work and tasks in a system that is easy to use and easy to navigate. In other project management software solutions I have had to incorporate tons of work arounds and compromises to get it the way I wanted, and I still had things falling through the cracks or getting lost in the layers – but not with Ora. Ora solved all of that. I just hope Ora doesn't go anywhere ever, because I rely on it so heavily to keep my life in order.

Pros:

Ora is so simple to use, and so comprehensive in it's features, I was able to remove at least 3 or 4 other software solutions from my workflow and consolidate everything into one solution that met all my needs.

Cons:

I have not had one single thing to complain about. There have been two times that I needed to contact support to fix a problem, but the problem was a glitch that was out of the ordinary and they were able to fix it for me in a short amount of time.

Rasmus
Producer in Sweden
Motion Pictures & Film, 2–10 Employees

Underdeveloped but with great potential

3.0 last month New

Pros:

An affordable task management system with many great features.

Cons:

Underdeveloped and buggy. Developers prioritize new features over ensuring basic functionality, which is crucial. Fundamental improvements are necessary for the software to gain trust from businesses and organizations. Additionally, frequent layout changes cause confusion with each update.

Josh
Creative Director in Canada

Ora Keeps Your Projects on Track

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I love Ora, and after trying numerous project management tools, I hope to stick with Ora for a long time. I can't even start a new project in my business without planning it in Ora first.

Pros:

I love almost everything about Ora. I especially like how you can customize so much in the platform. You can change the look of boards, the colour scheme, and narrow down your focus. It's great for staying on brand when working with clients. Plus, I can turn on or off specific settings to de-clutter my workspace.

Cons:

I have tried numerous PM tools, but I always come back to Ora. The only thing they could improve is the support time, but even this is getting better. And they always give me quality support.

Eugene
Operations Director in Ukraine
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

A product that finds the sweet spot between Trello and Jira

5.0 last month New

Comments: We are happy with it. I really think it offers a great compromise between features and functionality and it manages to run fast all the time.

Pros:

First and foremost: the speed. Everything runs quickly and without errors, unlike some competing products. We also like the layout for the kanban board and it's easy to add some automation to improve our processes. It was also convenient to migrate all departments to as it is easy to set up and work with.

Cons:

The lack of a dedicated Linux app packaged as an AppImage or DEB for Ubuntu/Debian. Lack of task priority as a built-in option (We created a custom field for it) Importing all our tasks from JIRA wasn't perfect with many tasks not having crucial information and attachments while being referenced in the logs for the tasks.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Co-Founder in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

An Overlooked Diamond

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I love how many features are baked into Ora. Chat, project and task management, great automations, time tracking - there's a lot there. My favorites are column actions in kanban and add task via email - these two alone have streamlined our processes and saved so much time!

Cons:

There are some feature requests that have been in the 'requested' or even the 'planned' column for too long. Ora does update regularly - this is by no means abandonware - but I'm sure they're just tackling the most impactful and/or most requested features first (versus the ones I personally want to see).

Jorge
Project Manager in Portugal
Program Development, 2–10 Employees

Good, but could be great

4.0 last month New

Comments: Overall we enjoy using it even though we're disappointed with the chat. The lack of a documentation feature is also a downside but we know it is on the roadmap and, for the time being at least, we're waiting for its implementation.

Pros:

Ease of use, without a steep learning curve. It's easy enough to quickly setup a project and create/assign tasks. Schedulling came pretty handy recently as well.

Cons:

The chat. We were eager to move our company's chat to Ora but we find it to be unreliable. It seems like we don't always get notifications and the Huddles seem even less reliable. Whenever we tried to Huddle, we were never able to get everyone seeing/hearing each other, there were always someone who couldn't see/hear some other members.

Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Perfect to manage projects and tracking team time

5.0 last month New

Comments: It's a great experience, using for my company for years now.
Team size of 15 people and still great and managable.

Pros:

Easy to use. Just start creating some kan-ban projects, add some tasks and you are good to go. It's possible to extract reports per user, team, project and a lot of filters. Really good to keep projects on track.

Cons:

Template for Workflows are not dynamic: you can create once and use. But if you need to change the Template, you have to create a new one.

Guilherme
Product Designer in Brazil
Insurance, 11–50 Employees

A wonderful project that requires polish

4.0 last month New

Comments: Overall, a very positive experience, a very interesting product that I want to see how it will mature in the future.

Pros:

Ora has a simple look to it, it is quite interesting how it is able to differentiate itself from other products by just being simpler.

Cons:

Bugs and bad UX. It is easy to encounter bugs while using ora and that is definitely not good. Regarding UX, there are some cases where you click a button and what you expect does not happen. I could tell a bunch of examples, but I believe it is not needed here. If you wish you can contact me, I will gladly help. I truly like the product and I wish it the best.

Game changer!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It has been a fantastic experience across the board.

Pros:

Ora is amazing for task management for our small business. With it, we are able to track multiple clients and various projects across each of them. Their time tracking is what we base our pay on.

Cons:

I really like Ora, and do not have negatives to share.

Jay
CEO in Canada
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Absolutely A Must Have

Comments: The product is beautiful, responsive, easy to use and it has A TON of great features. Also the support team is super friendly and I have always gotten responses within a few minutes.

Pros:

Are you considering other apps for your software development company's process management? Well, STOP! Ora is the best thing out there - period. I've been programming for over 2 decades and using various different software utilities to manage my teams, my own projects and more and Ora is by far the best platform out there today. I HIGHLY recommend you give it a go!

Cons:

Literally nothing! I used to want their API but their responsive team has recently released it and oh man is it ever great!

Luca
CTO in Italy
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Powerful tool

Comments: We use ora as a Kanban board to monitor our processes and also as a mean to measure the time spent for specific tasks.

Pros:

It has plenty of features and continuous updates to keep it stable, making it suitable for a number of applications. The UI is really nice, several reports are available and you can track the time spent on each card

Cons:

Sometimes I experienced an unexpected behaviour on Microsoft Edge, so I switched to another browser

Alain
Student in Switzerland
Computer Software, Self Employed

Student review

Comments: Great

Pros:

This a good alternative to Jira, and like it way more than Trello

Cons:

It is not rare to have a few problems like null pointers or stuff like that in the code and jeopardize the work. Also, the time tracking system is create, but the view to add an entry is T E R R I B L E, sorry for that :P but as the Mac calendar for example, it would be better to let the user and the values before changing the others back and forth and just give a feedback if the "form" is valid and also, if you want to fix something, usually, the end of the tracking time should be right now as we will enter a task we just completed (Like when changing the time with the slider).

Dunia
Content creator in Spain
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Ora, the little-known tool for project management

Comments: Ora is a cloud-based, next-generation project management and collaboration software platform powered by intelligent workflows. With Ora, you can easily organize and communicate all your projects, tasks and ideas. Ora is a simple, visual and easy-to-use project management software that makes work feel effortless.
Its mobile application lacks the power of its competitors, but in the future it will surely gain in features. I recommend those looking for a new project manager to give Ora 3 a try.

Pros:

Ora has an aesthetically appealing interface that is at the same time easy to use. With the new version, Ora 3, advanced functionalities are added that make Ora an all-in-one tool for project management. Ora 3 now includes live chat, video calls and voice messaging.

Cons:

Occasionally I have experienced problems loading my files. Suddenly my files disappear and I have to reload the page to see them again.

Brian
Creative Director in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Finally! A PM software Dev team that gets it!

Comments: Absolutely blown away by this product. I’m doing everything in my power to transition our entire company from Asana to Ora!

Pros:

I can’t even begin to go into all the pros of this app. I’ve been using Asana for years. I’ve been the one to introduce it to our company. But every single thing that frustrates me about a Asana 0ra figured out! Pipeline, Oraa chat (coming soon :-), the way they handle sub tasks, sprints, Project views, list type, agenda view, List actions, Time tracking, timeline. It’s just unbelievable what this team has created!

Cons:

Honestly, the only thing I’m waiting for is mobile apps (iPhone/iPad) at this stage in the game.

Brett
Marketing Manager in Australia
Building Materials, 11–50 Employees

Another very happy customer

Comments: There's a lot to it and the more I explore the more I find that it can do. Customer service is exceptional, thank you. All this power and it is still affordable.

Pros:

Ease of use. It can be used at a very entry-level until your needs and skills develop.

Cons:

I haven't found anything I don't like ATM.

Iliyan
Iliyan
Founder & Lead Android Developer in Bulgaria
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Intuitive Trello on steroids - powerful as Jira simple to use as Trello

Comments: Flawless, intuitive and the best value for money in the market. I've used to work with Jira and Trello in the past but our team was totally reborned after switching to Ora!

Pros:

The design and UX are flawless while combining everything a software & product development team needs for a managing own projects and working with clients. What I love most about is the simple Time-Tracking (play/pause) and the detail reports that you can deliver to clients in minutes...

Cons:

There's some functionality that I don't use but still can access from the board - the Agenda Scheduling & Time-line. It may be good for handling longer projects and resource manager but I personally don't need it.

Emil
Owner in Türkiye
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

One of the best project management tools I've seen

Comments: I have a small business with a lot of projects and it's difficult to be able to manage them and don't feel overwhelmed. On top of that, it's also difficult to know how much time every one of us spent on tasks and compare that with an estimate. We've tried so far Trello, Asana, Clickup, Freedcamp (premium), Timelinr and GitScrum.
The free tier of Asana was the best for us out of all apps mentioned above, but it lacked the time tracking, the timeline feature and you just can't plan your day or week in Asana when you have many projects with a lot of tasks. We could have time tracking and timelines in Asana if we would pay for the Premium tier, but they just don't offer subscriptions for teams with less than 5 people.
So when I've started testing Ora, suddenly I've got the impression that almost all my dreams about a project management tool became true. It's got almost everything I need, works very well, and I can afford the cost of using it.

Pros:

It's easy to create projects and tasks Interchangeable List and Kanban view Timeline view The time estimating and tracking are awesomely implemented, it's a breeze to use them You can plan your week or day using the Agenda feature The interface is clean and nice The app works smooth There are apps for Mac and Windows

Cons:

The speed of creating multiple tasks by pasting from a document in good, but could be better I would like to have to ability to apply multiple filters on the list of tasks in Agenda view and Reports

Rachael Woolley
Rachael Woolley
Mindset and Health Coach in Norway
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Ora is a excellent for time saving and productivity

Comments: I absolutely love using Ora and it has really helped me with organisation and using time wisely.

Pros:

I really like using Ora and having been straightforward for me to organise my time and tasks on a daily basis so I know what I am doing and in which order. There are so many options of how what to create whether lists, Kanban, project views, assignments and time tracking. It has really helped me identify where I use my time effectively and where I don't, so I can be more efficient.

Cons:

It took me time to get used to using especially when organising projects because occasionally I have problems with moving the boards and tasks around.

Roberto
Creative Director in Canada
Design, 2–10 Employees

Studio Review

Comments: Great product. Solid support and quick responses.

Pros:

How simple it is to use and integrate with new team Members

Cons:

There’s no full launched Apple iOS app yet but it’s coming. Integration of its slack or MS Teams is also coming which both will be great.

ZhiMin
filmmaker in Canada
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

Good tracking tools

Comments: One of my friends strongly recommend me to use Ora for project management.
It works well as a team working on one project.
However, it doesn't work well with my personal project.
While I'm planning my project, it helps me mentally organizing my tasks, but in real life, I use rarely to track the progress of my work. I use mostly ical to plan my task. So if the app link to ical, it'll be prefect.

Pros:

1. Organize project 2. Help setting up the goal and reminder 3. Help tracking the progress 4. document all progress including the finished task, you can always go back to read your notes.

Cons:

1. lacking of flexibilities 2. wish the app can link to ical or google calendar or notification for reminding

Raul
Raul
Marketing Manager in Spain
Retail, 2–10 Employees

The first Project Management Tool that I do really use (and enjoy using)

Comments: Over the past 5 years I have tried around 7 different project management tools. Both for me and for the team. But none did really work of us. Sometimes where difficult to use open source solutions, other times they were expensive for the value that they gave us, and only with trello and asana had good results. but they end up forgotten. I think this time the time tracking and the beautiful design has helped.

Pros:

I like the design of the tool, how user friendly it is and the many features that it has for example the time tracking, reports, team chat, etc and the one that are being developed. It is very easy to use, there are already done easy templates. I personally like the dark mode that has, also it ads sound and animation to the time tracking when changing the cards from column to column. That makes that the project becomes more like a game.

Cons:

Of course, what I like the less it is that it is a paid app. I mean, trello and asana have free versions. Anycase if it is tool that you use daily to handle a project or your complete work, the cost is quite reasonable.

Elden Jean
Virtual Assistant in Philippines

My honest review

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

It is pretty easy to navigate. The interface is quite nice.

Cons:

I guess it's not fully developed yet.There has been several bugs this past few months. I has been causing problems with our work.

Luis
English teacher in Spain
Education Management, Self Employed

My brand new project management tool

Comments: I'm extremly happy with Ora. It's just amazingly easy to manage a project using this feature-packed tool.

Pros:

I've recently started using Ora to manage a couple of book publishing projects I have. It's simply amazing how easy it makes it to keep track of everything and also to invite other people involved in the project, like my editor. I also love that they have a desktop app for Mac.

Cons:

So far I haven't encountered anything bad to say about Ora, as it's worked wonders.

Stijn
Director in Hong Kong
Public Relations & Communications, 2–10 Employees

Great to standardize processes

Comments: We work with several freelancers on several projects and we were in huge need to:
1. Standardize procedures among different freelancers
2. Declutter the email inbox
3. Move away from general chat apps (they make it hard to find back information)
Ora.pm helped to largely overcome these issues.

Pros:

Ora.pm really helps to standardize processes and follow the same workflow for everything that we do. What is great is that you can share only the relevant parts with people in your organisation. Most of my workers have their own folder and that's it. Not too much clutter, it allows you to chat on tasks, projects, etc and so it really takes away a lot of the email/WhatsApp​ communications since all the information is right where it should be.

Cons:

There are several templates and different types of workflow representation with adjustment options. It takes a while to understand the differences and customisations. Currently, an iOS app is lacking.