• Overall
    4.6/5
    4.3/5

About Coggle

Mind mapping solution for understanding and sharing complex information.

Learn more about Coggle

David G.
IT Project Manager
Investment Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2019

"Shareable Mindmaps for Life use and Work"

Comments: Thankful to have found this modern mind mapping app online.

Pros: I have always been a fan of organizing my brain using Mind maps (Thanks!). I have used several native applications using my PC and Mac for sever years. Now, I'm very happy to have found Coggle. All the features that I use from my native apps are now accessible to me via the Web Browser using any device. Now I can even use my smartphone to create or edit my mind maps. Another feature that I like is the ability to share mind maps to other Google users. First, all my work gets automatically backed up via my Google account, and then i can also share the mind map to my colleagues or virtually anyone with a Google account. Collaboration and real-time updates has never been so easy and hassle free.

Cons: Some of my colleagues tell me that Coggle can get clunky or feel slow to respond when the mind map we were working on gets too big. I personally have. It experienced this and it may be due to their other running apps or hardware capabilities. I mention it here because it somehow affects our collaborative work. But other than that, I'm very pleased with Coggle.

• Reviewed on 30/04/2019
Joseric M.
Utilities, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2019

"Mindmapping our brains"

Pros: I use mindmaps for brainstorming sessions for business analysis and project management. Coggle is my favorite service to use! First of all, it works seamlessly with Google services, and so covers our sign-on and team drive integration. Sharing files is a no brainer because it so easy and its already saved/shared to the team via GTDrive. The coolness factor and user experience is what made it click for the team. It just looks so cool (its animation of branch sprouting, the options loop, and esp its color scheme!). Simple and intuitive to use. We use Coggle for collaborative work on the same mindmap (within the same war room in the office or together with those working from home).

Cons: Given that its a web app, it can't compare to the full-featured native apps available out there (e.g., themes, images, presentation, brainstorming mode). I find it still a bit difficult or cumbersome to use for presentations esp for big mindmaps, hard to collapse/focus branches.

• Reviewed on 29/03/2019
Alberto nahum G.
Associate Professor
Writing & Editing, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2019

"Draw up your mind"

Comments: I have used it since last year to sketch four academic articles. It is an initial phase of my writing, where I try to put all my ideas into a document. Now, with Coggle, this document is visual and interactive, because I can trace links between diagrams and parts of the "map".

Pros: -In the beginning, it seems like a difficult tool to use, but it is fairly easy. It did not take more than 10 minutes to get used to Coggle dynamics.
-This software has allowed structuring my academic articles much better. I have even created a stage for every article I write called "Coggling"; it comes before drafting. It helps me clarify the big picture of my ideas.

Cons: -While it is good for some articles, it is not the proper methodology for others. This is not a defect, just a limitation for me.
-I don't like that much how to collaborate between two persons using Coggle.

• Reviewed on 18/07/2019
Magda U.
president
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/04/2020

"Go creative!"

Comments: Great fun, great for brainstorming and organising your thoughts.

Pros: A creative equivalent of a mind map, whiteboard and power point. Great for visualising your ideas and mind mapping.

Cons: Maps created within a free account are public, which is not great. Apart from that the tool is great.

• Reviewed on 04/04/2020
  • Reviewed on 21/12/2017

"Coggle is a great mind mapping tool for small businessess"

Comments: Easy way to record my thoughts; an organized presentation for clients; looks great; very fast UI; creating mind maps helps us organize our ideas for future products

Pros: I love the ease of use and quick user experience. Coggle rarely lags and is super fast when I need to quickly map my thoughts. I also appreciate the keyboard shortcuts which make this even more true. I am really impressed with the functionality as a whole. I've tried creating simple mind maps for my clients and they are always very impressed - it's helpful for them to see things visually. This alone has made the software worth it!

Cons: I wish they made it easier to customize a mind map....made it more free to write floating text or notes on the side of the mind map. Things are restricted within the format of the map you're building, but I'd like to be able to add disconnected pieces. The keyboard shortcuts are a little convoluted; I'd love if they made the shortcuts easier to use and remember.

• Reviewed on 21/12/2017
Clarwin C.
IT Services Manager
  • Reviewed on 04/04/2018

"Coolest online mindmap out there"

Pros: I use mind maps to gather and organize ideas. Google helps out with the sharing and collaboration part since it's very easy to share and work together on a mindmap at real time. I love the color scheme, animation, and just how visually appealing this mindmap tool is. From my experience, if the tool is not easy to use and ugly, my colleagues tend not to use it. Backups is seamless via Google drive integration.

Cons: There seems to be no way to auto-arrange the branches There are no other ways to customize the look of the mindmap, e.g., via themes.

• Reviewed on 04/04/2018
Josemaria G.
Vice Director for External Affairs
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2018

"Colorful Mindmapping Online"

Comments: Let Coggle help you put order on your brain's wonderful ideas, concepts, tasks, and what have you. It's colorful interface is so easy and fun to use. Mindmaps is now made collaborative in real-time.

Pros: Easy to learn and use right away. It is colorful and makes the mindmaps fun and visually appealing Coggle is linked to my Google account, so it's easy for me to share, store, and backup my mindmaps.

Cons: There is no function to auto-sort/arrange the branches. Without this, it can be a bit cumbersome to put an order on a big mind map. It is web based, hence I need to be online to use this app.

• Reviewed on 28/06/2018
Jared W.
Health Commissioner
Government Administration, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2019

"Slick and Powerful Mind Mapper"

Comments: Very nice program, with room for improvement as well. Even with its few faults, it is still an important part of the creative planning process for me.

Pros: This product is pretty easy to use, and has a short learning curve. Even the free version provides great functionality. I use this system to brainstorm project steps, develop employee hierarchies, and map out program areas for my company. I have used it to plan everything from multi-county projects to birthday parties. For visual learners and thinkers like me, it is an excellent tool.

Cons: A few usability suggestions. It would be nice to be able to expand and collapse complex branches with a button. It would also be nice to be able to bring expanded categories back into larger groups, instead of just getting more and more broken down. This would allow timeline style planning, which would be helpful as a project management tool.

• Reviewed on 12/02/2019
Carolyn V.
Database Administrator
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/04/2018

"Coggle is a very useful collaborative tool for organizing projects & activites through mind-mapping."

Pros: Our infrastructure team uses coggle to help prioritize projects and to make it easy to delegate tasks and update each members of its progress. Coggle is very easy to use and has a user-friendly interface.

Cons: We have been using coggle for two years now and it has not presented any problem. If I do encounter any issue, I will definitely tell Coggle team. So far, it's great!

• Reviewed on 26/04/2018
Specjalista ds. rozlicze¿ wewn¿trznych
Telecommunications, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/04/2019

"mind map"

Pros: I started to make mind maps. I always did them on paper, but it works here very nice. I could export it to text. I'll never go back to paper.

Cons: So if you've got free money you could use this premium features. I like free software.

• Reviewed on 19/04/2019
Alvaro M.
IT PM
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/02/2019

"My collab mindmap for projects"

Pros: Collaborative. This is the best part of using Coggle. Brainstorming via teams is a breeze because each of our team members can use their own laptops and edit the same mindmap all at the same time. It's very easy to share mindmaps to other users, and it readily gets backed up in our Google Drive. It's beautiful. I love the look of it. It looks and feels very organic and so the team loves using it (the minor animations, the circle action buttons, the color combinations, the UX UI) we just love it. And when team members love the tools, they most probably end us using it (and having fun doing so).

Cons: I find it difficult to use for Presentations (e.g., collapsing all branches, visibility/highlight of branches, etc). Perhaps it just needs a little getting used to, but I've tried other stand-alone mindmap applications which didn't feel too clunky for making presentations.

• Reviewed on 26/02/2019
Adarsh R.
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2018

"Awesome mind-mapping software"

Pros: I've worked with mind-mapping software in the past (lucidcharts, insEYEte, mindmeister, etc.) and Coggle is a really solid platform. Easy to pick up and use, as solid integrations, and seems to perform better with every version! Awesome for quickly mapping out an idea and collaborating with co-workers.

Cons: I'd like to see more features/ways to visualize your nodes. Maybe a way to visualize nodes on a map like insEYEte or as a presentation like in MindMeister. But once again -- those are heavier packages so it might bog down the lightweight feel of coggle.

• Reviewed on 07/05/2018
Vanilene rose M.
Registration Assistant
  • Reviewed on 12/06/2018

"A software that can help you from day to day"

Pros: The only software I know when it. comes to mind mapping. The color scheme is also helpful when dealing with may ideas

Cons: The text field is a bit small. If there can only be a space for short notes, then this app is good to go

• Reviewed on 12/06/2018
Director of Agricultural Programs
Nonprofit Organization Management, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/05/2019

"Functional mindmapping software"

Comments: Very great tool for organizing ideas.

Pros: Easy to create mindmaps that are colorful and simple to understand. Adding images, links, etc is simple.

Cons: Sometimes its difficult to place the branches exactly where I want them as the auto-place function takes over.

• Reviewed on 13/05/2019
Associate Consultant
  • Reviewed on 25/08/2018

"Best mind mapping tool used so far!!"

Pros: Free plan suffice my need but the diagrams are made public
If workflow diagram is very big then we can save it in parts
Workflow diagrams can be shared on email ID’s and multiple people can work at the same time that is a great feature.
Export to pdf, image plain text easily.
Versioning support is a life saver we can go back to any version and save multiple versions

Cons: None as of now, suffices my need for free :)

• Reviewed on 25/08/2018
Vice President of Operations
Environmental Services, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/04/2018

"Excellent Mind Mapping Software"

Pros: Super easy to dive into using for basic mind maps - great for translating complex ideas into something that is visual and easy to understand

Cons: Very basic and can easily get visually overwhelming so best for basic tasks or items to translate into simplicity

• Reviewed on 18/04/2018
Mandy O.
CX Manager
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2019

"Easy to use with a beautiful result!"

Pros: Our Executive Team has been very impressed with the quality of Coggle's mind maps. As the power user, I find it extremely easy to create colorful and professional presentations to share.

Cons: When copying a previously made diagram, I sometimes lose track of where the copy went. This is very, very minor when considering the product overall.

• Reviewed on 18/06/2019
Junior Software Engineer
Program Development, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2019

"Online mindmaps"

Pros: Online mindmaps that are working great. I tried lots of paid and free mindmap soft, but this one has the best free version.

Cons: The main cons is price. You've got only 3 mindmaps for free, but if you're not storing it (there is also option for export to save locally) you could re-use just those 3.

• Reviewed on 09/01/2019
Matt A.
Director of Middle School Ministry
Religious Institutions, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/08/2018

"Simple tool for mind-mapping... and maybe other things"

Comments: As I said above, this is a surprisingly useful tool for creating escape rooms. Maybe there is a group of people and business owners there to market it to?

Pros: The tool is simple to use... within seconds you understand the concept of it and are able to get organized. I am currently using this to map out a plan for escape room. Obviously, not it's intended purpose... but surprisingly useful. I also appreciate the ability to bring in a team to work together on a project. Also helpful for creating an escape room with a team.

Cons: Some of the tools are not obvious. It took me a moment to see how to add additional branches to an box... simply right-click!

• Reviewed on 28/08/2018
Michael W.
Instructional designer
E-Learning, 10,001+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2017

"Great experience using Coggle to organize concepts for corporate training."

Comments: Sharable means of determining overarching structure of things, and organizing details into that structure.

Pros: Looks SO GOOD and SIMPLE. All of my attention can go into the content.
Works great to slowly discover the best ways to organize information. The ability to grab an item in one tree and move it over into another tree is what supports this emergent ordering capability.

Cons: Can get a little tripped up while trying to capture a brain dump and you perhaps click a few wrong buttons.

• Reviewed on 07/06/2017
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2019

"Great tool for home or business"

Comments: Very cool way to visualize projects, and very functional even with the free version.

Pros: I am a visual thinker, and it is so helpful to be able to lay out project thoughts and concepts in such a clear way. I am still using he free version, because it is so easy to use and functional that I haven't been tempted to purchase the paid version yet.

Cons: I would love to add multiple starting points on the same canvas.

• Reviewed on 20/02/2019
Writer
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2018

"Mind-mapping tool of choice"

Comments: I use Coggle to map out projects and ideas with multiple parts that I can't keep track of in a linear Google Doc. It's a great first step when I'm working out what exactly a project will entail, and I can add and move components more easily when it's represented in a non-linear mind map. This kind of visualization not only helps me, but my employer too - she is extremely right-brained and holistic in her thinking, so I NEED this kind of tool if I'm going to communicate with her effectively.

Pros: Coggle is simple and visually appealing. I like how it's flexible enough to meet whatever my needs are for a different project - I can keep it simple or make it extremely complex.

Cons: The features are great but can be hard to use. I'm constantly re-opening the Help menu so that I can figure out how to delete a branch, move a branch, add a new branch of the same level, etc. I might remember all the commands the more I use it, but I struggle with it (especially because "undo" is not the typical command-Z that I am used to).

• Reviewed on 29/09/2018
Cassandra T.
Lab Technician
Chemicals, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/07/2019

"Very easy to use and I love the keyboard shortcuts"

Pros: Simple keyboard shortcuts allow you to type faster and organize without any mouse clicks. I love the colors and the ability to move lines around

Cons: I have not found a way to combine mind maps

• Reviewed on 16/07/2019
Justin L.
Programmer Analyst
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2018

"A great tool for mind mapping!"

Pros: This software allows the users to create branches, connections whenever you are trying to analyze complex things. The colors help since this makes your idea clear.

Cons: The limited number of colors available becomes a limitation whenever you are trying to map complex processes. Also a space for notes/comments can also help

• Reviewed on 27/06/2018
Software Developer
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2019

"Excellent mind mapping software"

Comments: I am just starting to use this awesome product. After a short while I fell in love with mind mapping served in this amazing form. Mind maps looks just great in this software, it's gonna be one of my favourite tools

Pros: Beautiful UX
Icons
usage of Markdown which make creating texts, lists, headers a pleasure
Ease of use
Structuring - folders
Simple shortkeys
Collaborative editing

Cons: Missing Advanced image options
Free version - only 3 private maps
Small problems in mobile view, I have to try mobile app

• Reviewed on 22/10/2019