Ironclad Reviews

4.0 (25) Write a Review!

About Ironclad

Ironclad is the smart way to make and manage digital business contracts.

Learn more about Ironclad

Pros:

I like that Ironclad is pretty intuitive and gets the job done.

Ironclad ratings

3.9
4.5
4.0
4.6

8.0/10

Ironclad has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars based on 25 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Ironclad before?

Liza K.
Liza K.
Head of Legal in US
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees

Easy to use, beautiful product with great support!

Pros:

Ease of use - our non-legal stakeholders can intuitively use the product and love how it works! Clean UI - no unnecessary options, everything make sense Great support - very responsible support who've been able to help us out in a pinch The self-service option is getting better and better - excited about the potential!

Cons:

Wish that some of the newer features would be implemented into the older workflows faster (we are just now finding out about some features that have been available for a long time but weren't reflected in our workflows)

Angela M.
Angela M.
Senior Corporate Paralegal in US
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees

Pros of Ironclad

Comments: All legal request use to go through an email distribution list to our entire legal department. There was no assignment, no accountability, and no approval chain. Ironclad fixed our email overload and made approval, signing authority, and back end filing issues disappear.

Pros:

For me, hand downs, it is ease of use. We needed a system that could be easily be adopted by not only our legal team, but everyone in our company. Ironclad was designed for legal departments and it is taking a complex process and making it simple. We have expanded use to so many other departments solely because it is easy to use and has been so widely adopted by our users.

Cons:

I titled my review "Pros of Ironclad" because there really are no cons. Sure, I would love some features that are currently not offered, but I don't consider this a con. They are very receptive to requests and make efforts to get me want I'm looking for.

Legal Operations Coordinator in US
Retail, 51-200 Employees

Good but not Great

Pros:

It's functionality is great. The report system adds a true value in helping the firms/company to increase efficiency. It minimizes effort in versioning up and having a comment section is great in keeping all the notes. Being able to store metadata is crucial in terms of renewal.

Cons:

It's just not great. It can be better. Non-legal background users have hard time understanding the process. These process and system is very foreign to them and it doesn't resemble any other software that they use. So it takes a long time for them to understand the importance of versions, redlining, and metadata. Not being able to upload PDF is a big issue. Building a brand new workflow or tweak a bit takes too much time to build. There's not enough self producing(despite Blueprint) and self control in admin's perspective and we have to reply on Ironclad's support team most of the times. I don't think that's efficient in either side.

Legal Operations Specialist in US
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Self-service legal with easy UI, responsive customer service

Comments: Ironclad has significantly cut down the time Legal spends generating form contracts and chasing down signatures.

Pros:

I love the redlines feature. My internal stakeholders find it easy and intuitive to use and love being able to keep track of where their agreement is in the review cycle. Any time we need help or want to change a workflow, Ironclad have been incredibly responsive to our requests.

Cons:

I wish there were Dashboard filters. For example, currently I can sort my active contracts, but I can't filter them to see, for example, only those that are in the "Archive" stage.

Sangeetha R.
General Counsel in US
Fund-Raising, 51-200 Employees

Great UX and Potential for Transforming Contracting Process

Comments: Great customer service, willingness to respond to questions/feature requests, good understanding of the legal contracting process.

Pros:

Clean UX. Easy for business to use. Intuitive processes.

Cons:

Need ability to self-customize and more self-service. Contract templates change our teams need the flexibility to be able to change the templates in Ironclad without incurring a cost each time (as that doesn't reflect the realities of businesses and changing legal environments).

Harry R.
Sales in US
Security & Investigations, 11-50 Employees

Hideous - Probably the worst SaaS I use

Comments: Looks to have proper contract workflow and repository for our MSAs, NDAs and SOWs.

Pros:

There aren't any for our small team. If I wasn't locked into an annual contract, I'd stop using it.

Cons:

I work in Sales and this software probably isn't designed for me. But we are a small company and I'd like to have proper contract workflow and storage in place as we grow. Ironclad was happy to sell to me anyway and it's been a really rough experience. The software UX is just awful. I'd be embarrassed to work there. It's also riddled with bugs. I was forced to pay for onboarding (because self-starting is technically not possible) and during every session my nice product specialist would say "oh, yeah, that's a known issue" "looks like that isn't working today" "I'll file a ticket for this" "there is a little hack for that". I want to cry every time I go into Ironclad but I've invested so much time now in learning all the quirks I can't spend time on finding another solution. Everyone I speak to about Ironclad I tell how awful it is and they don't seem to recognise this is a problem. I offered them a chance to set me free and they chose not to take it. Looking back, I wish I'd explored Docusign more - I wasn't aware they have repository.

Group Product Manager in US

One-of-a-kind software, makes life much easier

Comments: Overall had a great experience with the Ironclad team - the software has been very valuable and we use it a lot.

Pros:

We purchased this for our legal team and it has saved them a lot of time. You have the ability to set up various workflows and the Ironclad team will help you through it. Once it's set up, you can execute and revise documents with a few clicks without any manual work. As revisions are made, redlines are saved. It integrates with our existing cloud infrastructure, which is pretty convenient, and keeps things organized and immaculately named.

Cons:

The setup process can be a bit cumbersome, but the Ironclad team mentioned they have a new feature that will make customizing workflows a lot easier and less manual.

Alese T.
Sr. Policy & Compliance Specialist in US
Fund-Raising, 51-200 Employees

Intuitive, Clan, Easy to Use Interface

Pros:

- Contract generation is great, and their a la carte options are handy to have - Ease of use for legal teams and business teams - Searchable records database

Cons:

- Not as feature heavy yet, and since there's also not self-service options, there is a lot of back and forth with them (granted, they are very responsive and wonderful at customer service)

Legal Clerk in Canada
Consumer Electronics, 201-500 Employees

Ironclad

Comments: Great experience. Would love to speak to someone about suggestions.

Pros:

Personalized workflows. Quick customer service. Personal Legal Engineer to walk you through your workflows.

Cons:

Could use some tweaks here and there (simple ones) to make it more user friendly. Really need to somehow separate legacy inbound documents in to categories so they are searchable. (ie legacy NDAs when brought in through legacy inbound workflows are not accessible to users with permissions only to NDAs). Not sure if my suggestions are being seen.

Mckay M.
Sr. Marketing Associate in US
Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Ok to Use by Frustrating to Learn

Pros:

It's fairly organized and streamlines the legal process once you learn the software.

Cons:

Ironclad can be frustrating to navigate and some features aren't intuitive. For example, it's not obvious how to change a signator and it can only be done before the contract is approved. In one situation, my manager was unexpectedly in a car accident and I needed to change the person of contact. Since it was already approved, I had to request an edit and wait for it to go all the way back through the queue. I wish there was more visibility between team members- there is no way for me to check on requests filed by others, which is very obnoxious when someone is OOO. Last thing- leaving a comment doesn't notify anyone unless you tag them. I would love for all stakeholders- or at least the legal reviewer- to up know when a change is made.

Registered In House Counsel In California in US
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees

Valuable contract flow tool for busy legal teams

Comments: Ironclad helps to solve the manual processes that were inherent to contract negotiation and I've had great success in streamlining the contract negotiation process to the point that my internal business partners can self server most contracts without my review at all based on our pre-determined fields.

Pros:

Ironclad has a suite of contract tools that allow for internal teams to easily and quickly get contracts sent out for review without heavy involvement by the legal team. The platform has an intuitive revision flow that makes it clear what redlines have been made so legal teams can quickly pinpoint where to focus their energy and compare versioning in one platform, and once completed send the document out for signature and archive it in our cloud storage platform of choice. Ironclad has really helped remove some of the painful manual contract review processes I had to deal with and allows me to spend my time more wisely on other legal issues rather than on more administrative contract processes.

Cons:

As a new user it takes a little time to learn how to use the platform correctly as a new user, and I wish there were better resources available for self learning on how to best use Ironclad's various features. However, once you get up to speed with Ironclad it's easy to build some very useful workflows without much more guidance.

David E.
Legal Operations Manager in US
Entertainment, 201-500 Employees

Great value for a flexible product

Pros:

This is a great product which will be easy to build out contract workflows. The Ironclad team is constantly releasing new product updates, which have been very useful.

Cons:

There are some features that we'd love to see in future releases. For instance, ability for ad hoc approvals, better reporting/analytics, and additional conditional formatting.

Terri D.
Senior Corporate Paralegal in US
Real Estate, 501-1,000 Employees

Excellent Product!

Pros:

Ironclad is very easy to use. The ability to track our workflow and make notes is very helpful and useful.

Cons:

I haven't found anything I don't like about Ironclad.

General Counsel and Corporate Secretary in US
Broadcast Media, 51-200 Employees

My new toy

Comments: Routine documents are now becoming self-service. The product has already started saving me time in light of the time, effort, and learning curve in setting it up.

Pros:

Not only is it really easy to set up new workflows in Blueprint, it's actually kind of fun. I keep calling Blueprint my new toy. To a person, all of my internal clients have been very please with the ease of use of the workflows and the ability to generate routine documents themselves.

Cons:

Ironclad needs more features, variables, conditionality's, and the ability to make API calls to other management systems (other than Salesforce).

Ashlee B.
Sr Legal Operations Manager in US
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Contract "self-service" is a breeze using Ironclad.

Comments: We have enabled our co-workers to access, send and e-sign our standard agreements without involving anyone in legal.

Pros:

The user interface is clean and intuitive. Feedback is incorporated and released in weeks, not months. The Ironclad team is passionate about innovating in a space (CMS) where there have been no great vendors. They built a solution that automatically creates files and file names and stores them in an organized folder structure. They have a high emphasis on security, it was not an afterthought. All around a great team to work with...

Deputy General Counsel in US
Retail, 51-200 Employees

It's a product that is getting better as time goes on

Comments: It's great for creating and executing really rote forms like NDA that don't require legal department review. As time goes on, they are improving the product, so it will likely get easier and more intuitive over time.

Pros:

For workflows that are really automated that require little to no lawyer review, like NDAs, it's great.

Cons:

It can be a bit clunky with respect to legal review with the necessity to download/upload new versions. If you get a PDF to review, you have to convert it to Word and then upload into the system. So blacklining within the Ironclad system is rendered impossible, and also your version numbering is inaccurate. There are also some rote functionalities that aren't exactly intuitive.

Cristina C.
Account Executive in US
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees

Ironclad

Pros:

It's pretty easy to use and allows us to send contracts to prospects and track all of the activity taken on the contracts.

Cons:

It doesn't allow you to watermark DRAFT on it which is frustrating because this is helpful for contracts that are not yet approved by our Finance team. I wish it had that functionality.

Josh B.
GC in US
Consumer Goods, 51-200 Employees

Off to a good start

Pros:

Very receptive to product feedback; lots of customization; genuinely makes simple agreements automatic (which saves a lot of time in the aggregate)

Cons:

We were a little ambitious about what we could do and how quickly it could happen and the product hasn't quite caught up to some of the aspirational goals we have for our long-term implementation.

Attorney in US
Law Practice, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Ironclad gets the job done but is clunky

Comments: I like Ironclad but wish for a few changes that would make it more user friendly.

Pros:

I like that Ironclad is pretty intuitive and gets the job done. You can create many different question types and conditions. You can easily manage who can view which workflows and edit company groups. Overall, it works well.

Cons:

The software should be refined so that you can make edits to a document without downloading and reuploading. For something as simple as directing a typo, you have to download the template, correct in Word and reupload. It feels unnecessarily cumbersome.

Vendor Compliance Coordinator in US
Retail, 201-500 Employees

Simple UI, but lacking in search capabilities

Pros:

This product is very easy to use; simple and straightforward. Especially the tagging features on each workflow, it is easy to loop others in and keep all the communication in one place.

Cons:

The search capabilities are really limited. You can only search by the title of the workflow. You cannot, for example, search by PO# or SKU#, which is extremely annoying. Oftentimes I have to go first to Salesforce to find the legal name of the company, and then search that in Ironclad. Also, you cannot easily download a report of all workflows into an Google Sheet like you can with Salesforce reports. Also, you cannot do any calculations within Ironclad, you simply have to input all numbers manually.

Head of Legal in US
Internet, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great customer service

Comments: Love the team, love the solution they put together for us, excited to ramp up in Blueprint

Pros:

They are creative problem solvers and really invest in their customers.

Cons:

Constantly evolving, which is good, but means that feature sets changed a lot over 2 month implementation period.

Legal - Commercial & Product in US
Legal Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Innovative platform

Comments: It truly has been a partnership, with both teams focus on putting out a great experience for our users.

Pros:

The speed at which we have been able to deploy it across our company.

Cons:

No complaints thus far but we have only been live on the system for under 6 months.

Lisa P.
Director, Contracts in US
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees

ironclad experience

Comments: wonderful they are responsive, eager and always willing to help

Pros:

ease, responsiveness of staff and functionality

Cons:

not sure yet, but more functionality in the search and reporting category

Sylvester M.
Senior Contract Negotiator in US
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees

Senior Contract Negotiator

Comments: My experience has been a good one but not a great one. I believe the right intentions are there, hopefully it gets actualized.

Pros:

The fact that I can look at the platform and see the history of what has gone on with every contract

Cons:

The fact that I am not able to use it for Amendments. It seems to only work for new Agreements which isn't useful for me as I am constantly Amending contracts. With Ironclad not having functionality for Amendments, it is difficult to link the main Agreement with subsequent Amendments--this needs to be fixed.

General Counsel in US

Up and coming product

Comments: Ironclad's legal engineers are top notch. They are very responsive and very creative.

Pros:

The user interface is simple to use. It was also customizable for our particular work flow.

Cons:

It is a young software and doesn't yet have all the bells and whistles that its competitors provide.