• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.6 /5

About Netchex

A cloud-based system that helps employers manage the employee lifecycle from recruitment to retirement.

Learn more about Netchex

Showing 25 reviews of 120

Jen M.
Payroll Benefits Administrator
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2020

"Netchex has the best value with innovative products for the company and HR Administrators"

Comments: Netchex has so many learning tools, one-on-one training and webinars to help you learn the products with a dedicated team of customer care representatives that are always willing to go above and beyond to provide knowledgeable instruction and advise. We couldn't have accomplished the growth in our company without these products. Our company goal is to be the leading employer in our area and Netchex/Hireology has been a huge factor in providing tools to make that happen.

Pros: The Netchex software has allowed the HR Administrative Team to streamline so many processes with the product suite available and the ability to integrate with industry leaders. With the NetGuide feature, our department has been able to onboard new hires more effectively and efficiently which gives a better overall first impression of our company allowing us to focus on training and welcoming new employees.
The NetAssist HR helps most managers and administrators keep track of HR tasks easily with a snapshot view of what needs to be performed.
The NetBenefits, NetCOBRA and ACA Central product has been a tremendous time and compliance life saver. Integration with our carriers has shaved hours of time off tracking a host of these tasks. It's all built in and easy to use!

Cons: The HR department really loves all the offered products, but there are some functions that we still need. There are ways to monitor when performance reviews are happening but not a way to tie the individual performance factors for each employee in the system. It would be nice to have this as a built in the system in the employee profile instead of on paper. There is no tracking mechanism built to record personnel improvement plans or warnings.
Initial set up and implementation is an extensive amount of work that was expected but exhausting for a 1 or 2 man team to stay on task and make deadlines. If considering Netchex, I would highly suggest that you assign an implementation team of 2-4 members to tackle.

• Reviewed on 05/03/2020
Sally N.
General Manager
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/01/2020

"Regret the Choice now"

Comments: I have been with them for like 9 years now, and have explained above why I have been with them. I do not want to go thru the hassle and pain of transferring the enormous data over to a new software, waste of time, money, energy. But I might reach the end of my patience soon, and just move to another one.

Pros: Well, it is like any other payroll software. When I selected it about 9 years ago, I had other options, but their representative was very persistent and offered a good price. At that time, I used to travel often and was looking for a software where I could do my payroll online and this was one of the features offered, so I opted for it. Like I said there were options, and all the softwares I was looking at offered it, so it was a question of making a choice and I made it.

Cons: For about 8 years, we had the swipe clock, and there was definitely the issue of 'buddy punching', so we decided to do the biometric clock. Again, I had a couple of other options, but I am sure everyone is aware of how much time and energy goes into inputting data for all the employees. Only one of our companies has 100 employees and we have more than one. It is a laborious task, which I already went thru when I moved from another software to this one. It was a painful procedure, inputting socials, dates of birth, addresses, telephone numbers, exemptions and what have you. Having gone through it once, I wouldn't want to do it again, which is the only reason, I am hesitant to move to another company. Well my problems started when we moved to the biometric clock. Either they have not given us the right hardware, or I don't know. But almost every 2 weeks, I see the punches from the clock have not uploaded to the software. In the 8 years that I had the previous clock, it might have happened maybe 4 times, so an average of once in 2 years, that was ok right. But this is like once every 2 weeks, and I have informed them. they replaced the clock once, but the same thing is happening again, so maybe it is a software compatability. But if is frustrating. Wastes a lot of my time, and they don't seem to have an answer

• Reviewed on 10/01/2020
Kelli M.
Payroll Manager
Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2020

"Great for Mid-Sized and Small Companies with Simple Payrolls"

Comments: We went onboard with Netchex during a growing stage of our company. Netchex was ok for us and definitely filled a need and got us where we needed to go during that period of time and for that we are grateful. However, the payroll / benefits system was not setup with "effective dating" that worked while we were with them. Meaning, major updates like annual increases and open enrollment changes for our 4000 team members had to be frantically entered in the time between one payroll processing period's closing and the next payroll processing, which can be challenging when you have union and weekly locations. There also was no mass approval option for open enrollment, which was a major challenge on our benefits team. Multiple times we were told that the issue was fixed but it never worked properly while we were there, resulting each year in massive situations where either the new benefit rate would be applied too early or the old rate would apply too late, meaning lots of payroll corrections. Again, their software would be just fine for a company that has a basic, uncomplex payroll with up to 1 or 2 thousand team members. We just outgrew their available functionality with our complex needs.

Pros: The simplicity of the software
Ease to use
Relatively easy to setup

Cons: Not easily scalable to company growth
Reporting is antiquated - must be an excel guru for reporting to be ok - Basic reports are fine but report writing tool is difficult to navigate and sometimes just doesn't work (times out trying to query)

• Reviewed on 16/11/2020
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2019

"Netchex makes my life easier"

Pros: Very easy to navigate.
Many areas of our payroll go much quicker now that they are not as manual. We are able to upload data easily into payroll.
We love that employees easily have access to their information - whether it be a checkstub, W2 or direct deposit information.
Managers can quickly and easily approve/decline leave requests and then those approved populate into employee timecards.
Customer service is A+!!
Reporting is super easy and customizable.

Cons: I wish there was more detail in the accruals section.
Reports need to be able to drill down all the way to the position level.

• Reviewed on 14/02/2019
Abigail H.
HR Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 13/10/2017

"Very supportive staff even with the "little" things."

Pros: Pro: Can centralize a lot of the needs our company has. You can place all of employees forms and information in one place. You can smoothly transfer new hires into the system and even move them from one location to the next easily.

Cons: Con: Don't always have the luxury of being creative with some forms. When building the forms in the system for new applicants you are unable to be creative with the forms. Which can be a con. They do have pre-set options which makes decisions process easier but not always what you have built in your mind. They are great about working with you and building that across the seperate companies and they are easy to use for a new hire.

Chris M.
System Administrator
  • Reviewed on 07/03/2018

"Easily used and understood by any employee"

Comments: Great for seeing our team and how their over time or daily hours are coming in.

Pros: It's nice to be able to check your hours and also if you're in management to see what your team is doing daily. Also nice to have easy access to your I-9 and other important info

Cons: It's only as useful as your team lets it be. You need to have people who actively update it and use it correctly to see the best functionality from it

• Reviewed on 07/03/2018
Landa D.
ASSISTANT HRD MANAGER
Banking, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/10/2017

"My experience with this software has been a great one. Awesome to be exact."

Comments: The benefits that we get from this software is amazing. We can get more work done in less time.

Pros: What I like most about this software is that it is user friendly. By using this software my everyday workload has become more efficient.

Cons: What I like least about this software is that there is not more educational videos and instructions. Other than that I really love this software.

Ashley H.
Benefits and Recognition Program Administrator
Printing, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2019

"Best Customer Service!"

Pros: Everything is easy to use and if I can't figure something out, the customer service team has been the best at walking me through step by step.

Cons: There are been features in established reports that I wish were available, but I can also create a custom report to get that information.

• Reviewed on 22/05/2019
Olivia E.
Financial Director
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/10/2017

"We get All Star products and service for a negligible fee. We will never change payroll companies."

Pros: Netchex provides so many solutions to common problems for small businesses. If you need it chances are they have thought about it and perfected it. The best part though, is the customer service. You always get the answers you need when you need them. You can ALWAYS get someone on the phone to help.

Donna L.
HR Manager
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2017

"NetChex has a lot to offer. Easy use of software. GREAT Customer Service."

Comments: Merging all three HR needs into one source (Payroll, Benefits and Time/Attendance).

Pros: The ability for employees to have everything on one system...Time and attendance, Payroll and Benefits.

Cons: Occassionally, I have run into a problem with how something is being done, the response I received, "the software can not do that" or "that is not how this works" . Then I am directed to the ideas field to input my suggestion, WHICH I don't receive a response for or don't see where any of the other users ideas are being used or being worked on. Implementation for our company did not run as smoothly as I would have liked to have seen.

Judy A.
Adm Asst
Medical Practice, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2017

"Very easy to use and the support is great to help you when you have questions."

Pros: The product is very easy to use. Online documentation is a big help when you are not sure how a function works. The support team is very good to respond to your questions in a very timely manner when you have questions.

HR Director
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees

"Netchex Review"

Pros: Employees see it as user friendly. Admin easy as well.

Cons: Need to be able to share reports. Would like to have an option for an attendance tracker since has Time Off Request.

Lorraine A.
  • Reviewed on 04/02/2019

"Netchex is the best and most unified HR system that I have used."

Pros: My favorite thing about Netchex is the Customer Service. There is always someone available to answer a question.

Cons: The only portion of Netchex that I have not been very pleasantly surprised by is the Scheduling system. We are a resort with many different departments and the scheduling system that Netchex currently has is not flexible enough to allow us to schedule the way we have been with outside scheduling software.

• Reviewed on 04/02/2019
Kayla P.
Human Resources

"Great Company!"

Comments: Learning about HR, great customer service, ease of use

Pros: Netchex Online is beyond easy to navigate. As someone just getting started in the HR world, Netchex has been my life saver! Their customer service has been nothing short of amazing, I call them on average about once per week. They never fail to have an answer for me, even if they have to dig to find what I'm looking for! I never have to wait any longer than a few hours to get what I need!

Rachel V.
Payroll Accountant
  • Reviewed on 05/10/2017

"Change for the Better!!"

Pros: What I love most about the software is the NetHelp and training functions. Before you call customer service you can try to figure out the solution on your own which is definitely the most memorable method of learning in my opinion.

Cons: What I like least about this software is the initial wizard to manually onboard employees as well as the link that we send the employees to get into the system. The wizard isn't comprehensive enough and should prompt adding their accrual plan as well as their direct deposit. The initial email that it sends employees expires in 24 hours and so I am consistently having to resend it.

Elisabeth J.
business owner
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2017

"Being a novice I needed help to understand the world of salaries"

Comments: Doing all the job for me and peace of mind when it comes to pay taxes!

Pros: The way the software answers to my questions by highlighting where to go and indicating what to do one step at a time
Easy, once you understand the shortcuts

Cons: The technical vocabulary ... it may need a lexicon over each specific word that appears whenever selected and needed. (Helping people new in business)

Ernest P.
Customer Service Rep
Automotive, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/04/2019

"Netchex is cool but I don't like the recent update."

Comments: Overall it's a pretty usually software that I would recommend to anyone.

Pros: What I like most about the software is that its a cloud based software. It's really easy to use and its pretty simple. Great for small businesses.

Cons: What I like least about the software is the new software update. It kicks people out 3 times before it allows you to clock in. This needs to be fixed.

• Reviewed on 26/04/2019
Ashley T.
Assistant director of finance
  • Reviewed on 06/10/2017

"It's great once you learn the system."

Pros: Quick to use and customer service is really great. I always get help immediately and everyone is always polite!

Cons: It's not very intuitive. It's hard to figure out what to do, but I guess that's where customer service comes into play

Personal Banker
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2018

"User Friendly"

Pros: I like how user friendly the program is. They are constantly making changes/upgrades to it and looking for ways to improve.

Cons: The only issue I have had with Netchex so far is that I don't like if you make a change to a bank account it doesn't show the change date so it looks like you were using that account when you weren't if you print the invoice.

• Reviewed on 18/12/2018
Chiquita P.
HR Manager
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2017

"I constantly have to manually enter information that I feel should be automated."

Pros: Support team responds quickly, making changes in employee profiles is fairly easy to do, variety of Netguide tasks available

Cons: Instructions are out of date, lack of future dating actions, no ability to make company changes across all employee profiles at one time, since the update a lot of admin reports and controls are no longer available, no ability to customize on-boarding to collect specific information our organizations needs.

Payroll/Accounts Payable Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2020

"Best Software"

Pros: My favorite part is the payroll process itself is very user friendly and fast compare to previous software.

Cons: If I had to give a con is that holiday pay does not populate in time cards for managers to review.

• Reviewed on 27/07/2020
Elizabeth G.
Director of Human Resources
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/10/2017

"Netchex is a great product to use for payroll and HR compliance and reporting"

Comments: It is a easy product to use and navigate. I guess if I had one issue is that we are not able to go back into the system to change termination reasons. We have to rehire and then re-terminate the employee which actually is an issues when pulling reports. If they could correct this and allow us to make the corrections without having to rehire, that would be beneficial and make a better and cleaner report.

Pros: The system is easy to use and navigate. I have had excellent and professional customer service with the Netchex staff. The NetCommunity and Support services are a great way to get answers quickly. It is a great product for our purposes and company size. We could be more efficient if we used all of the products and services we currently have. I am gradually working on updating the system with information to better fit our company needs for tracking information and for reporting.

Hether A.
Human Resources Manager
Building Materials, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2019

"The best payroll platform on the market"

Pros: Netchex is user-friendly and so much more than a payroll "software as a service". I have moved almost all HR functions to Netchex, from recruiting to onboarding to COBRA - Netchex does it all! Every client has a dedicated service team, so someone is always available to help and familiar with the account. I prefer submitting my issues/questions via their online portal so I have a log I can always reference, but when it is ultra time-sensitive they are on my speed dial. They even "create the case" for me so it can be tracked.

Cons: The only downside to Netchex is because they are so far ahead of the game, their new product offerings are in development and testing longer than advertised. I'm always hungry for more!

• Reviewed on 05/02/2019
Mindy Y.
Staffing Director
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2019

"World class customer service!"

Comments: We are a seasonal company that has 700+ staff each summer. We require a system that is quick to learn for our staff, as they are only with us for 10 weeks. Netchex has been able to meet that need.

Pros: My support team is amazing! They are always very polite, knowledgeable and prompt in their replies to my questions/issues. The updates they have made recently have really improved the user experience (staff, manager and administrator).

Cons: My wish is that the integration with my onboarding system was more robust.

Chris H.
Payroll-Benefits Manager
Paper & Forest Products, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2019

"Great Company"

Comments: Netchex is a fantastic payroll provider that goes above and beyond to help clients. I can't speak highly enough about them.

Pros: I love the integrated platform. With our old payroll company you would have to make the same change in several different areas of the software. With Netchex it only takes once. This system is so user friendly it makes training a breeze. And the customer service is second to none!

Cons: The only downside for me is I wish the time and attendance side was a little more updated with options.

• Reviewed on 03/10/2019