15 years helping British businesses

About Square 9

The Square 9 AI-powered intelligent information platform takes the paper out of work and makes it easier to get things done.

Learn more about Square 9

Pros:

Day to day management and use is much easier with its Active Directory integration.

Cons:

Not easy to set up user's permissions, problems installing Extensions for some users.

Square 9 ratings

4.2
4.4
4.3
4.2

8.3/10

Square 9 has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 123 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Square 9 before?

Info Sec Lead in US
Logistics & Supply Chain, 501–1,000 Employees

Great Document Management and Availability

Comments: Customer service is exceptional. Response time combined with the depth and breadth of knowledge by support is amazing.

Pros:

Our on premise installation of the product is super easy to use and setup. The ability to customize workflows to be as simple or as complicated as necessary.

Cons:

I have nothing negative to say about this product.

6 months ago

Thanks for your review, Jeff! We are glad to hear you are having success with custom workflows and our customer service team. We appreciate you being a Square 9 customer!

Timothy
CEO in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Square 9 products have revolutionized our office and field operations workflows!

Comments: We continue to expand our use of Square 9 products. Document management is an important part of any business and in healthcare it is critical. Document History makes HIPAA required audit trails into a seamless process. The infinitely customizable index fields make storage and retrieval seamless. We have been heavy users of both GlobalSearch and GlobalForms for many years, and could not be as efficient as we are without them.

Pros:

The ability to retrieve documents in seconds makes all of our tasks easier regardless of the department. We have moved all document workflows into GlobalForms and GlobalSearch. Their Support and Implementation Departments are second to none. Their goal is to make customers happy.

Cons:

No, I don't have any document management needs that the Square 9 products don't solve.

last year

Hi Timothy, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear our solutions have revolutionized your document workflows and made tasks much easier. Customer satisfaction is our priority, so thank you for your kind words.

JD
CTO in US
Farming, 51–200 Employees

Automation

Pros:

Like the ability to get rid of all the filing cabinets and keep them gone.

Cons:

Takes a little use to getting to all the options that are available for settings and security.

2 months ago

Thanks for your review, JD! We are glad to hear you are getting rid of your file cabinets using our platform. Thank you for being a Square 9 customer.

IT in US
Food & Beverages, 51–200 Employees

Unusable at scale

Comments: Cocky and conceded staff, poorly written code, support unable to provide help for the simplest things.

Pros:

User friendly enough for people with low computer literacy skills.

Cons:

No automatic cleanup options. File bloat is unmanageable. can only select 22~ docs ever minute. Max of 1,000 at a time. On own virtual server with 12gb ram. Support only suggestion add more ram, at 24gb sever is using under 30% but still move as slow and crashes when tiring to delete more than 1,000 docs at a time. If you buy this product be prepared to dump unlimited storage space to it.

3 years ago

Dear Chris, As a customer who has been with us for 11 years, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry your experience didn't match your expectations, but we thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We always aim to deliver a great experience, and we are disappointed when we don't meet expectations. I have contacted our head of support, customer service manager, and account manager, so they can address your concerns. You may reach our head of Customer Success anytime at [email protected] to discuss further. Again, thank you for your feedback. -Dawn

Nick
Systems Administrator in US
Automotive, 51–200 Employees

Contract Management Made Easy

Pros:

When it works, it works. We have been using this product for a few years now and it helps keep everything organized and easily searchable. Users can move / edit / export with ease. Ties right in with our AD for users and security permissions. Makes it easily manageable from an IT perspective.

Cons:

Set up and some modifications can be a bit daunting, but with the help of Square 9's support team it usually ends up being not so bad.

3 months ago

Thanks for your review, Nick! We are glad to hear you are having success with our platform keeping your documents organized. We appreciate your feedback.

Caladonia
Office Manager in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

A Solid Company to Back Your Project

Comments: We originally used Square 9 to do health screening for COVID. When that proved easy and helpful, we moved our cloud storage to Square 9. We've recently had them build an online application for us. It hasn't been put to use yet, but it will be soon. We've like the experience with them so much that when another project came up recently (a form filler), we immediately reached out to see if they could assist us. I can't say enough good things about Square 9.

Pros:

I particularly like the people involved. The process of implementing your project is very streamlined. Communication is outstanding. I felt very confident in the projects/products we have implemented because the people we dealt with - every step of the way - had it together. I feel like the support behind the products are invaluable.

Cons:

Honestly, it can be a bit intimidating. There's a lot of functionality that the user can access and play around with. Square 9 does offer a lot of resources to try and help you navigate it, but it still can be a lot to process.

9 months ago

Thanks for your review, Caladonia! We are glad you had a successful implementation and have been managing your applications through the cloud. If you ever need assistance implementing a feature, don't hesitate to reach out to [email protected]. We appreciate your feedback.

Shawn
Mgr of Mfg Technology in US
Aviation & Aerospace, 51–200 Employees

Saves time even for how lightly we use it

Comments: Overall it is a time saver, I think it has the potential to streamline our business even further if I could get time to go through the various educational courses that are offered.

Pros:

When it is setup, it just works and without any issues or problems. It does a good job of connecting multiple scanned documents to a single output file following defined naming rules. This is our main use of it at the moment, though there are lots of additional functions and processes I would like to implement. It is a new application for me and was setup before I started, so I have a bit to learn before I can add things.

Cons:

I have found the connection to the server to be very slow and unresponsive at times. I have not been able to trace the source of the lag. There have been times the screen is unresponsive, but not clearly because the application has locked up either.

8 months ago

Thanks for your review, Shawn! We are glad to hear that our platform is improving your document process. We appreciate your feedback.

Dorothy
Town Clerk in US
Government Administration, 11–50 Employees

Works great for me!

Comments: There has not been a time that if I had a question or needed assistance that it wasn't obtained. Thank you!

Pros:

There are many aspects that I like. Uploading documents is very simple when you design the program how you need it.

Cons:

I found that with integration of the software/process could have gone more smoothly. Explained better for those that really don't understand the software/electronic side of records management yet.

10 months ago

Thanks for your review, Dorothy! We are glad to hear you are having success with our platform. We appreciate your feedback.

Trevis
Managed IT and Solutions Specialist in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Square 9 really does help!

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: They have been fantastic each time I have had to interact with them. Very helpful & very professional.

Pros:

Square 9 is an remarkable document management solution that has significantly streamlined our customer's workflow and enhanced productivity. Its intuitive interface and robust features make document storage, retrieval, and sharing effortless, helping teams to collaborate more effectively and efficiently. Overall, Square 9 has proven to be a reliable and indispensable tool that has transformed our document management processes for the better.

Cons:

Well, there was a 32 page SoW to dig through. But, it was very thorough.

Warehousing, 51–200 Employees

Great Document Management System

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

We are currently working with Square9 on creating workflows to automate the flow of documents. Currently, it fits our needs without breaking the bank, but it looks like there is a lot of untapped potential in the system that we are currently working towards taking advantage of.

Cons:

As with most document management systems, there is a learning curve. Fortunately there is free training included that lays the groundwork for using the system.

2 months ago

Thanks for your review, we are glad to hear you are getting value out of our platform. Please reach out to your Square 9 contact if you have anything you'd like to implement to improve your instance.

Paul
Owner in US
Medical Practice, 11–50 Employees

We're a lot more efficient now that we found Square 9.

Comments: Square 9 has had a great impact in the speed in which we locate files. Their workflow also allows us to review documents generated quicker then ever. We haven't had to call Support too often and when we were deploying Square 9 they were always helpful and fantastic, treating our business like their business.

Pros:

Square 9 is easy to use and allows us to search and locate our patient records and other documents faster then ever. We also use GlobalForms for allowing our patients complete their exams forms before they arrive for their eye exam.

Cons:

It can be hard to see the status of documents after they are released from GlobalForms.

last year

Thanks for your review, Paul! We are glad to hear you can easily locate your patient records and other documents with our solutions. Our priorities are customer experience and satisfaction, so thank you for your kind words.

IT/GIS Coordinator in Canada
Environmental Services, 11–50 Employees

Super happy with our implementation so far. We're just getting into things now...

Comments: one step closer to going paperless

Pros:

Love the workflow design interface for global capture and global action. Also, the batch manager is SO useful in tracking the workflows and how they are working (or not working). The ability to tie documents to other databases with lookups is also very powerful.

Cons:

I wish the documentation had some examples, esp with the OCR template setup. An example in particular of the directional OCR zones with repeats for line item data extraction into a table field. Even a walk through video would be VERY helpful. The current documentation doesn't explain all the settings and how to configure them for repeating zones. Since its difficult to explain in text, a visual would REALLY help. I've been fighting with it for some time now and I still don't have it working. A hyperlink data type for URL fields would be a great add on. We have many documents that we would like to link to a mapping application ie. work permits link to a location. Many of our documents have a spatial reference that i have in a lookup field in another database that has geographic coordinates based on address. I can't believe this hasn't been implemented yet?! The proposed workaround in the forum doesn't work. The ability to click a hyperlink field that opens a new browser window to a specific URL would be SO nice.

Jeremy
Sr. Purchasing Agent in US
Mining & Metals, 201–500 Employees

I've used SmartSearch/GlobalSearch for a little over 5 years. We use it to capture inv, pods & POs.

Comments: Ease of finding documents via index fields. Nice indexing tools, especially key-free. Make it possible for my remote project sites to create visibility of their documents and purchasing transactions. The same goes for our Corporate office being able to create visibility for our projects sites.

Pros:

Ease of use. User friendly. Creates many efficiencies for us. We use to create 3 way matches for AP and this software does it great. I love the options to customize searches and permissions. I like that I can do some level of customization without outside help.

Cons:

Small bugs or quirks. Increasing wait time for key free. Limited options to "burn" items such as signatures or annotations. Missing a strong phone or tablet ap. Worflows are improving but not to a point that satisfies the needs of my company. Would be great to have option to print index fields in margin of shrunk document...or even on a second page.

Melanie
Office Manager in US
Individual & Family Services, 11–50 Employees

Good software for small business

Comments: Customer service is probably the fastest of any software service. They also will assist any time I just can't figure something out in programming.

Pros:

Square 9 provided a technician to do the initial setup and training. Programming is relatively simple as new companies or users are added. Annual downloads are perfect for audits.

Cons:

There is no retention process available, so this has to be done manually as documents meet their expiration.

12 months ago

Thanks for your review, Melanie! We are glad to hear you have success with our support team. Thank you for your feedback.

Rhonda
Court Administrator in US
Government Administration, 11–50 Employees

Record keeping Dream

Comments: We absolutely love having Square 9, would not want to work without it.

Pros:

Square 9 provides easy access to all our records and has features that help save time for staff members. Eliminates the need to keep paper copies but yet can easily print or email to people when needed.

Cons:

indexing documents after scanning can be time consuming.

12 months ago

Thanks for your review, Rhonda! We are glad to hear you are able to easily access your records and eliminate paper. Thanks for your feedback.

Kaitlyn
Project Admin in US
Insurance, 51–200 Employees

Review

Comments: I depend on this service daily. While there are other products that can capture documents, i like square 9's search and export function the best as I search and pull documents daily for clients.

Pros:

Ease of use, reliability. I like how easy it is to search for documents and to export files

Cons:

exporting can take awhile

last year

Hi Kaitlyn, thanks for your review. We are glad to hear that our solutions have made finding documents easier!

Jake
DevOps Engineer in US
Automotive, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Does what it says, good value for money

Pros:

low-code approach to processing logic design

Cons:

little/no support on the weekends - our business operates 6 days/week so if we have issues on Saturday we sometimes have to wait

last year

Thanks for your review, Jake. We are glad to hear you've had success with our solutions. Our support team does their best to respond to any support needs quickly. Thank you for being a Square 9 customer.

Fressia
EA in US

User friendly. Organized workflow. Easy to retrieve records by any detail.

Pros:

I primarily use the program to input accounts payable invoices. Having all the invoices, contracts, tax forms, and crucial correspondence in one location is great for facilitating my workflow.

Cons:

The Key Free feature is a wonderful tool in theory. However, I find myself having to go back and re-enter a lot of the line items, because it captured the invoice number or date incorrectly. Also, going back and forth from Key Free to manual entry is too time consuming, that I've discontinued using that feature.

7 years ago

Hi Fressia, Thanks for taking the time to review GlobaSearch! Your feedback is always appreciated. I did want to let you know that there are ways to optimize the OCR results for your your document types so you will get better results. Please contact our support desk at (203) 789-0889 opt 2 at your convenience and we will be happy to assist.

Tracey
Administrative in US
Public Relations & Communications, 11–50 Employees

Square 9 Is An Excellent Asset

Comments: My overall experience is a positive one. It has become essential to helping me complete my day-to-day job duties.

Pros:

Square is readily accessible. This is essential b/c I use it everyday.

Cons:

I really can't think of an issue that I dislike.

11 months ago

Thanks for your review, Tracey! We are glad to hear our platform is making your job easier. Thanks for being a Square 9 customer.

Desktop Support in US

Solid software that delivers good results

Pros:

The core Smart Search functionality is very strong and delivers "just works" kind of results. It installs fairly easily and the server requirements are pretty minimal. I would definitely encourage someone looking at Smart Search to be certain that their reseller or integrator is well-versed in how to set up Smart Search as that will definitely impact the effectiveness of the installation and setup process. Ours was and our installation and user training went easily with few real issues. Square 9 as a company is responsive to requests for assistance and support can usually resolve issues quickly.

Cons:

The web interface is janky--just not well thought through and with some limitations that are not friendly to users. The client software that is more highly-featured is Windows only so if you are working with users who aren't on Windows that can create issues.

7 years ago

Hi Jeff, Thanks for the great feedback. We wanted to let you know that we are less than 90 days away from our v4.5 release of GlobalSearch which will feature an all new web client. The new browser interface will bring both the feel and functionality of our LAN client to the web along with some newly added features. We are super excited about it and think you will be too.

Don
Lab Manager in US
Aviation & Aerospace, 51–200 Employees

Global Capture

Comments: We bought this to automatically import files into a home-built system and it's worked well for that. The company has helped us upgrade a couple times and they have been responsive to issues.

Pros:

Configurability Able to do a lot with the software.

Cons:

SLOW!!!! We originally got the version that didn't have a browser interface and it was MUCH faster. I recently had a job where we needed to scan several thousand documents and pull some info from them. It's taken a week to get it done.

Liliana
HR Support Specialist in US
Higher Education, 201–500 Employees

Review

Comments: My overall experience is okay, like I said it's not that great to manage employee files.

Pros:

The product is easy to use and manage. But when you get to look up files, it's not the best.

Cons:

Even though the product is easy to use, it's not fit for employee files. The files themselves are not easy to manage or find the documents easily. It does not provide like subfolders. You have to scroll down, it's hard when the employee has about 500 documents. You can't even do a search with the new uploaded files.

last year

Hi Liliana, thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback, if you have any questions about your solution, please reach out to your Square 9 representative for help. Thanks for being a Square 9 customer.

George
Lead Technology Technician
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Evaluation of Square 9

Comments: I am very satisfied with the Square 9 usage and ability for our school system. We mainly use it to store and recall documents on a daily basis throughout the school year.

Pros:

I like the Document storage and working in each document plus the PDF conversion of each document.

Cons:

Should be easier to troubleshoot issues instead of having to know SQL to do so plus information regarding the locations and troubleshooting.

7 months ago

Thanks for your review, George! We are glad you are having success storing your documents with our platform. We appreciate your feedback.

Bill
Member Service Supervisor in US
Banking, 11–50 Employees

We had some reoccurring issues when first implemented. Few and far between afterwards.

Comments: We are eliminating our physical storage.

Pros:

Simplistic enough for our current use. We will be able to expand our usage as our needs grow in the future.

Cons:

Some of the configuration setup could be a bit more simplistic. Video tutorials would be a massive help.

7 years ago

Bill, Thanks for the great feedback. We just wanted to let you know that there are several video tutorials for GlobalCapture configuration already available. We are actively developing additional videos for GlobalSearch administration as well. You can request access to these online training classes at www.square-9.com/resources/education/. There are also a number of video tech tips available at www.square-9.com/product-videos/technical-tip-series/. Hope this helps and once again, thanks for your continued support!

Matt
Commercial Sales Rep in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Square 9 for "Windows"

Comments: Square 9 has helped our business get more organized and secure. We have several sales people with traveling computers and Square 9 has created a hub for all our order document s and invoices.

Pros:

Square 9, for our window company, helps keep documents flowing and accessible for all sales people. Order documents and invoices can be found easily and minimize the need for accounting folks to help with the simple everyday tasks.

Cons:

Can be hard to find things at the beginning.

last year

Thanks for your review, Matt! We are glad to hear your company has been able to easily access documents. We appreciate the feedback.