15 years helping British businesses

About Hunter

Cloud-based email search solution that helps businesses find emails on company websites, verify domains, compose follow-ups, and more.

Learn more about Hunter

Pros:

These features every online business basically needs. The product is very easy to use, once I find an email I click copy and it is copied to the clickboard (no email integration for the free plan).

Cons:

It's inability to find certain organizations unless you're totally accurate with the typing.

Hunter ratings

4.8
4.7
4.5
4.6

9.0/10

Hunter has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars based on 617 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Hunter before?

Josh
Josh
Associate in US
Venture Capital & Private Equity, Self Employed

Upgraded account a few minutes into free trial

Pros:

This app is amazing and underpriced. I've seen companies small and large pay ALOT more - piecing together multiple isolated products - and still getting less functionality. And Zapier integration sealed the deal.

Cons:

honestly none yet - a mobile application would make for better accessibility/notifications but it's far from a must-have.

Computer Software, 5,001–10,000 Employees

It is a good professional email search engine.

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Part of my job today is to retain engineering and development talent, the program also allows me to maintain an updated list of elite collaborators with which I can request contacts or meetings, my lists are private and therefore the ideal is to have a soft manager of this but only managed by me.

Pros:

Some of the activities I am involved in, the software has helped me too much, as they require networking with other professionals, technology providers or potential partners, Hunter can help me find the correct email addresses to facilitate communication initial. This is especially useful for reaching key decision-makers or technical experts in other companies. In that sense, the time savings have been abysmal.

Cons:

I have had problems lately in verifying emails from people who use hotmail, which I suppose is something about the internal configuration of the software, I imagine it must be something temporary, the software remains loaded and does not advance, something that does not happen with gmail or domain emails, the same The problem is visible when I try to verify or search for it.

6 days ago

Hi there, Laura from the Customer Success team at Hunter here. I just wanted to quickly reach out and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're thrilled to hear that you're enjoying Hunter and that it's saving you significant time. Regarding the issue with verifying Hotmail email addresses, if you're still experiencing this problem, would you mind contacting us at [email protected]? We'd like to investigate this together, as I wasn't able to reproduce the error on my end. Thank you once again!

Jenn
VP of Operations in US
Logistics & Supply Chain, 51–200 Employees

Hunting Down Executives Emails

Comments: I've had a positive experience using Hunter. It is quick, easy and gives up-to-date email information. I've used it for several years now and have suggested several business owners to use it as well.

Pros:

The obvious best feature is the resource for finding email addresses with a click of a button. They have a free version, and it enables you to get a certain number of searches per day.

Cons:

At times when you post a link into the search, sometimes they aren't able to find any email addresses.

8 months ago

Hi Jenn, Thank you very much for your valuable feedback! We genuinely appreciate your loyalty to Hunter over the past several years, and we're thrilled to hear that you can easily find the emails you're looking for. I wanted to reach out to you regarding the overall rating of 2 stars out of 5, which is a matter of concern for us. We'd like to inquire if you've encountered any issues while using our application. If so, could you please contact us at [email protected] so we can address this together? We are constantly working to improve Hunter, and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Regarding the occasional difficulty in finding the emails you're looking for, I'd like to clarify that we intentionally do not rely on third-party sources. When you use Hunter, you're accessing information from a single source: the public web. Therefore, the quality of your results heavily depends on the online presence of the companies you're researching. Thank you very much in advance, and all the best! Laura - Customer Success @ Hunter.io

Andrew
Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Hunter has been essential to my businesses growth

Comments: Its great. great product, great customer service. Best option ive found out there.

Pros:

Automated outreach for B2B contacts. It has easy interface

Cons:

The cap limit on drips in a campaign causes me to put several hrs of work every 6 months to re setup things

2 months ago

Hi Andrew, Thanks for the lovely review! We are thrilled to see that Hunter has been essential to your Business Growth. Thank you for considering us! It's also great to see that you find Hunter's interface to be easy as it was designed with that scope in mind. Regarding the issues with campaigns, do you mind contacting us at [email protected] so that we can review this for you and assist? Thanks in advance! Laura - Customer Success @ Hunter.io

Shawn
Digital Strategist in US
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

A Must Have Sales Tool

Comments: I have used Hunter as a secondary tool for prospecting for the past 5 years, I'm loyal and I'm ROI positive so it's a no brainer to continue using the software.

Pros:

If you or your sales team does any prospecting by visiting a website, this extension will be a game changer especially if you're looking to acquire emails associated to the domain in just a simple click. The emails are much more accurate than buying a list and it's much more affordable to seek out and build your own list using hunter. I suggest using a combination of LinkedIn and Hunter to make sure you find the decision maker or contact to maximize your monthly limits.

Cons:

Sometimes it take a little bit of time to load and if you click off the site while it's loading emails you have to start over. This is a minor issue but it can get frustrating if you are heavily prospecting a large list which leads me to my next con, quantity of emails you can acquire with their packages. If you prospect a lot of companies every month you may need to switch to a higher tier for membership which could get pricey.

Eric
CEO in India
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Amazing Email Campaign & Leads Management Tool

Comments: Amazing experience with Hunter would like to see integrations with more tools.

Pros:

I love the UI-UX and Leads Management feature & EMail campaigns Follow-ups with the EMail verifier tool that confirms the credibility

Cons:

Would love to see LinkedIn email finder features again with save lead option directly in the CRM or add Linkedin Campaigns to send messages to LinkedIn connections.

Maggie
Digital Marketing in France
Computer Software, Self Employed

Great tool for finding emails and managing lead lists

Comments: Hunter is a good tool for those looking for the best bang for their buck, but if you separated each feature, there are better individual tools on the market

Pros:

The fact that Hunter connects to HubSpot, Salesforce, and Pipedrive is essential to my workflow. Easy to export enriched lead lists, no manual data entry

Cons:

Very expensive compared to other e-mail finding tools but also more inclusive. Also concerns about GDPR regulations and parameters behind the tool's data extraction methods

Mario
CEO in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Amazing service and value!

Comments: Overall we've grown our database, generated leads and new revenue. It's paid for itself many times over. I highlight recommend for small business owners.

Pros:

Ease of use, clean UI/ UX, value and quality of leads helps you get the most ROI.

Cons:

Since you're not able to generate leads from all websites perhaps offering an alternative option would help. The Email Verifier works ok.

Online Media, 2–10 Employees

Hunter.io is an excellent app for getting the contact leads you need.

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I have used hunter.io many times in the past to build effective marketing campaigns. The product allows me to find the contact info of key people inside of most organizations i may be researching.

Cons:

Hunter.io is limited in it's functionality. But it does exactly what it is designed to do in my experience.

2 months ago

Hi there, Thank you for your kind review! It’s great to hear that you've been enjoying Hunter and have been a dedicated user over the years. We’re always looking to improve and would greatly appreciate your insights. If you have suggestions for new features or feedback on how we can make Hunter even better, please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected]. Your input is incredibly valuable to us as we strive to enhance our application for users like you. Thank you once again for your support and for sharing your feedback! Laura - Customer Success @ Hunter.io

Online Media, 2–10 Employees

A nice tool for finding email

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

their functionality to find email from websites domains

Cons:

the free version is very limited compared to the premium

Dhahna
Director of Marketing in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Hunter has allowed me to work less, with more reward

Comments: Their customer service is superb. They get back to you within a couple of hours and help you out with any questions you have outside of their FAQs, which answer most. I'm a part of a small company that relies on garnering leads for our clients and have tried other services but they don't compare.

Pros:

The google sheets add-on makes it super easy to search for emails and parse my results. I also appreciate that with your subscription it only counts requests when they've found an email, not just searching for one.

Cons:

I'd like to be able to search for emails AND verify them through google sheets instead of having to bulk verify the emails found through the hunter.io site.

Himanshi
SEO Executive in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Amazing Tool and Customer Support!!

Comments: Great work guys.. The tool is amazing.. And to the top of that the customer service is superb.. I emailed the customer team on 23 March as I had some IP issues related to my account and I could not use the extension, it was so annoying for me that I needed to send guest post proposals and I could not fetch the emails to contact the people.. Being a part of SEO department its like my daily bread and butter but the moment I emailed the customer team, I got an immediate response within 15 minutes asking for issues I am facing and guess what my problem got fixed within 12 hours of request even during this COVID 19 outbreak.. Amazing work guys, you are assisting your customers with so much promptness even during this tough time. Keep it up..

Pros:

The main feature is of extracting email ids of the websites even when the emails are actually nowhere on the website's contact page, it's so easy to get the emails that too department wise like editorial, marketing, etc.. The Google Chrome extension which is offered by hunter is so easy to use and hassle free..Super email hunter tool..

Cons:

No con as such, just a suggestion please increase the monthly limit for hunter extension for free users..

Aravind
Aravind
Advanced Researcher in India
, 51–200 Employees

Hunter a multipurpose recruiter friendly tool

Comments: It is used for generating and validating emails for recruiters

Pros:

Hunter is one of the earliest tools available online for generating business emails. Hunter now has many features, other than generating business emails, it validates the emails not only single email it has bulk email validation option also. It has free version for users with credits per month. Hunter also has CRM integration option for users to add and email candidates with tracking option. Hunter has also paid subscription options for users with low cost affordable plans. The domain search option can be used to search emails that are found online and are verified. Overall it is a good tool for recruiters.

Cons:

Hunter is one of the best tools that is used to get business emails for most of the companies but it has its limitations also. It finds emails for big companies and medium companies but for smaller companies it is very rare to generate emails. The email validation sometimes shows bad emails for good working email also, so it has to be improved. In some cases it is not able to validate certain domains so that category has to be improved. Hunter deducts credits for generating emails but it also deducts credits for validating the emails which it generated. It doesn't work with LinkedIn. With all small improvements this tool can be a best tool online for recruiters and sales people.

Meghan
brand strategy in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Stop the difficult Hunt with Hunter

Comments: It has been a successful overall experience. The software has allowed my org to gather a large volume of contact information quickly, reducing the time and effort required for lead generation. Plus grabbing emails for us is such a crucial part of us using the tool which I think they do best.

Pros:

To streamline your lead generation and email outreach efforts. Especially searching for those emails that may not be picked up with other tools.

Cons:

The specific features available may vary depending on the plan or subscription level you choose. Unfortunately my team is small where we can't justify spending for the tool. Also sometimes the user-face is a little simple and gltichy, I think a better theme with buttons that function 100% would help me feel better about the tool.

7 months ago

Hi Meghan, Laura here from Hunter Support, thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are pleased to hear that Hunter has been helpful in gathering a large number of leads and improving your workflow. At present, we offer access to a free monthly plan, which includes 75 monthly credits (25 Search and 50 Verification Credits). With the Free Plan, you can access all of our functionalities, except for the CSV export and the Bulk Domain Search feature, which however, are available starting with our lowest plan and wouldn't be very useful on a free Plan anyway, due to the limited monthly credits available. Regarding the design, we've made efforts to keep Hunter as simple as possible, and we are truly sorry to hear that you have encountered some issues with our application. This should definitely not be the case, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. May I kindly ask you to contact us at [email protected] so that we can further investigate this? Thanks in advance!

Internet, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Best E-mail Discovery Tool

Comments: I love Hunter. This product has saved me so much time trying to find a cold contact's email. This is a must have product for anyone who is working in sales.

Pros:

The most valuable tool of Hunter is its ability to allow you to find almost anyone's email. This tool allows you to create leads at scale and make sales efficiently.

Cons:

I wish there was a tracker to allow you to monitor who you have emailed in the past. However I understand Hunter is mostly a discovery tool.

3 years ago

Hi there! Samara here from Hunter. Thank you for submitting your review and glad to hear Hunter has saved you time with finding email contacts for your outreach efforts. In case you wish to monitor who you've emailed in the past using Hunter tools, we do have a Campaigns (https://hunter.io/cold-email-campaigns) functionality that integrates with your Google Workspace account and lets you send single emails, email campaigns and schedule follow-ups directly from Hunter. Thank you again for sharing your experience with Hunter! Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team at [email protected] if you have any questions along the way.

Eugene
Sales Director in Latvia
Translation & Localization, 11–50 Employees

Product under constant improvement and the best support

Comments: It literally turned my productivity to “before” and “after”. A tool, impossible to think my day without. An absolute must for anyone targeting individuals directly in big quantities. In 3 years I’m using it I’ve found emails you can’t imagine.

Pros:

This is the most clever tool to scrape emails even from the hidden places of the webpage, packed into a very intuitive design (really impressive) and the best support I’ve experienced so far (hello, Giovanni!)

Cons:

As it scrapes the emails, it doesn’t automatically verify them. I had times when I got out an email through Hunter, which bounced back, which is not good, as it lowers my e-mail server rating

Emerson Howell
Owner/President in Mexico
Staffing & Recruiting, Self Employed

Stopped working with no notice so moved to another tool

Comments: I had been using it to get emails and phone numbers for candidates I wanted to recruit. It was a convenient Chrome add-on, and worked fine for years. Then it stopped. I ended up switching to Rocket Reach, which I like.

Pros:

Provided reliable contact data for candidates I wanted to reach out to.

Cons:

One day, it just stopped working. I tried to troubleshoot, but finally gave up and moved to a different tool.

2 years ago

Hi Emerson, Samara here, and thanks for your feedback! We'd be happy to investigate why hunter stopped working for you. If you can, please contact us at [email protected]; we're happy to look into this for you.

bimal
bimal
Digital marketer in Nepal

Hunter review

Comments: Overall I am happy with hunter. I am using it for my SEO agency. Which is saving me lots of time. If anyone is searching for a good email finder for your business then hunter is for you.

Pros:

Hunter is a really powerful tool. It can help you by collecting email to outreach. Which is important for your business. I am really enjoying using hunter because it is beginners friendly and you can collect verifier email for business proposal with a few click. They just add a new feature Author finder with it you can reach out directly to the website author. Which is not possible before.

Cons:

Cons some time it doesn't find email even I can see that website has an email in the contact section. After a few search.Hope they improve in future.

Oil & Energy, 11–50 Employees

The Perfect Sales/Marketing Side Kick

Comments: I use Hunter everyday to find and grow prospect list for inside sales outreach and to create prospects from domains that visit our site. It has had the highest ROI of any marketing tool I have ever used. Our inside sales team relies on it every day.

Pros:

Hunter makes identifying prospects and tracking outreach a breeze. If you have a domain, you can find contacts to identify prospects and manage your outreach in one place.

Cons:

Many times (especially for smaller companies/websites) Hunter can only find generic email addresses.

Robert
New Business Development Rep in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Hunter as an email search tool

Comments: Overall it has gotten much better but still has a ways to go. The issue with both companies is the quality of the email addresses. With both companies they each will provide invalid emails every once in awhile. When this happens I then check a third company to get a balanced view. When Hunter rises to the task and can provide data on almost all companies I search then I will consider switching

Pros:

Ease of use. I am a non-paying user. Hunter now has many more of the URL I search for. What I like best about Hunter is they often provide a telephone number. I only use Hunter and one other similar company which I do pay for despite not providing telephone numbers.

Cons:

My only complaint is they need to somehow gather more Companies URL and associated human data. It is a matter of how many good quality human data emails & titles I can get quickly.

Super Easy to Use!

Comments: A must have for salesmen and many other people in the professional world!

Pros:

I love this product and since I downloaded the Chrome Extension it is even better! Saves time when prospecting which means more success.

Cons:

It doesn't always pull the info on websites. I would say most of the time it does, but it does seem that sometimes there are gaps.

3 years ago

Hi there! Samara here from Hunter. I'm really glad to hear Hunter is saving you time when prospecting. Your feedback means a lot to us - thank you! With regards to your concern about the tool not pulling the info from the website Hunter's method for getting emails is to scour the web for publicly available email addresses, if we cannot find emails for a domain, company or a specific professional on the web, we cannot return a result. This allows having full data transparency while constantly updating the emails found. More information can be found on Our Data page: https://hunter.io/our-data. Hope this clarifies things. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support Team at [email protected] if you need help with anything along the way. Thanks again!

Max
Intern in US
Media Production, Self Employed

I love the extension. It's simple and useful as hell.

Comments: I'm able to find just about anyone's email from their website, whether or not they posted it, and that has drastically improved my outreach abilities as a student and as an employee.

Pros:

The simplicity, design, and the fact that it's free. I love being able to simply click and copy paste a user's name into the box, and find suggestions. 90% of the time, Hunter's suggestion or guess for the email is correct, and there have been a few funny instances where people are blown away that I was able to find their email.

Cons:

I wish it could keep its implementation with LinkedIn, but I know that's not possible given the terms of use.

Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

Hunter for sales

Pros:

My org primarily used Hunter for lead contact info verification. They also have CRM/automation tools which we don't use. It is very good for verifying contact info

Cons:

Hunter is simple and straightforward. My org didn't use all the features (sales automation, etc) so can't say there were many cons. Worked well for verifying contact info and company info.

Internet, 51–200 Employees

LOVE Hunter

Comments: Switching to a paid version has been great - nice to capture leads throughout the day and handle everything in one export

Pros:

We've found Hunter to be extremely valuable as a simple prospecting addition to our sales and marketing efforts. Makes adding new emails a snap

Cons:

I only wish that it could fine more email addresses, and had additional information (more than it already does) related to each prospect

Mustafa
Managing Partner in Türkiye
Management Consulting, 11–50 Employees

One of the best applications I used

Comments: When I found Hunter, I thought it was like the other similar programs. But when I began to use it even the free version was helped me a lot in my works. Its interface is very simple and fast to use.

Pros:

I like the different ways to search, find or verify the emails. If you know the domain you can use this data to find emails from this domain. Or if you have an email but you aren't sure if it is valid then you can check it by using Hunter's Verifier tool.

Cons:

When I was working on the companies of Russia and Japan I noticed that the email database of Hunter isn't sufficient for our needs.