15 years helping British businesses

Dentrix Enterprise Reviews

About Dentrix Enterprise

Dentrix Enterprise is practice management software developed specifically for the complexities of the enterprise market.

Learn more about Dentrix Enterprise

Pros:

Customer support, ease of scheduling and integrated treatment plan.

Cons:

There are a lot of functions which is hard to understand.

Dentrix Enterprise ratings

3.9
4.1
3.8
4.0

7.4/10

Dentrix Enterprise has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars based on 103 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Dentrix Enterprise before?

Kristen
Kristen
Great dental software solution for large and small practices in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Highly effective dental software

Comments: We love the options to bundle services and the services just keep improving in their features offered.

Pros:

So many features not even sure we use to full capacity yet. Helpful customer service when you get a knowledgeable person. Sales reps have excellent response time, etc.

Cons:

Since Covid customer service wait times are way to long.

michael
CEO in US
Executive Office, 11–50 Employees

Perfect for multiple offices

Comments: When we went from one practice to the second practice it became obvious to me that we needed something different then the ability to remote into the other offices computer to see what the numbers were for the day. We were beginning to lose touch with the new office. We looked for multiple solutions to our problem and demoed multiple software packages. After finding Enterprise, there was not a close second. Its ability to jump from clinic to clinic was amazing. The reporting gave us the solution we were looking for. I wanted something that put as much emphasis on the business of dentistry as it did dentistry itself. We now have the ability to stay macro and look at all our clinics (5) as a whole or, with the click of a button, drill down to the micro and find out what our areas of opportunity are with a single line item in a clinic. Without this software, we would not be in the place we are today and would not be looking to expand anymore.

Pros:

The ability to jump from clinic to clinic as well as the reports that it allows you to pull out of the system.

Cons:

The transition from core Dentrix to Enterprise is somewhat difficult for the clinic staff due to the "visual effects" not being there. This are in a little different place. But once they get used to the new placement, they appreciate the simplicity.

Henry Schein One Response

7 years ago

Thanks for your review Michael!

Lisa
dental operations manager in US

Dentrix Enterprise Review

Comments: Frustration that there is so much to the product that we can't get a good workflow.

Pros:

scheduling, setting up clinical notes...

Cons:

ledger, reports, dental clinical notes..

Jana
Patient Care Coordinator in US
Medical Practice, 11–50 Employees

Our year with Dentrix.

Pros:

The reports that available, the checks and balances to the system.

Cons:

We have had a lot of difficulty in the year that we have had Dentrix, with our server. Main issue is that everything runs super slow, have had multiple technicians look and try to diagnose the situation. It had been rather frustrating. Another issue that we have had is that at implementation we were told that we were set up to run medical claims for procedures to be submitted to the patient's medical insurance. It took me 4 months to get everything figured out to do this. In fact we were not set up to submit the medical claims. That part is finally working for us, but with a lot of sweat equity. We do have a technician with Henry Schein that is going to work on our server in a couple of days. Hopefully things will get figured out.

Brian
Business Systems Analyst in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Solid build, easy to use, great support.

Comments: Coming from an environment where there are multiple EHR systems my colleages are often jealous of Dentrix Enterprise. The documentation is thorough, which makes training staff and revising our own manuals a breeze. The software itself very infrequently has problems, and when they occur they are usually resolved within the day.

Pros:

Easy to use, easy to setup, very customizable, great support, interfaces with other common software. Out performs our medical and behavioral health software for ease of use, implementation, and regular maintenance.

Cons:

A little pricey, especially when getting into Meaningful Use. Would like to see less third-party integrations for meaningful use or more options for third-party integrations. Would also like to see a built in maintenance solution.

Henry Schein One Response

7 years ago

Thanks for your review Brian!

Anabel

User Friendly

Pros:

User friendly and easy to use by staff, visual.

Cons:

The reporting functionalities are not good for a FQHC.

Monique
dentist in US
Medical Practice, 51–200 Employees

Dentrix has multiple features which make it versatile and competitive.

Pros:

User friendly and has multiple features for better navigation and flow. The treatment plan page and dental chart have custom button you can create because everyone has different things that they like on these forms.

Cons:

Not a big fan of digital X-rays , I don't like how the image is not crisp and shallow carious lesions don't show up well and can be easily missed. I prefer traditional method of viewing X-rays. Some patients say the digital sensors are uncomfortable and dental assistants say they are hard to use with the Rinn system.

Grace
Marketer in US

You can manage appointments across multiple dentists, it just takes some time to learn.

Pros:

- Once you learn it, it's pretty easy to read the schedule. - You're able to add the pricing to the services and list the treatment plan. - You can add in when you've received a payment from a patient.

Cons:

- When you try to reschedule someone, it shows a tiny little box on the right that you have to hover over it just to see which appointment it is. When you have many patients needing to reschedule, it takes time to see which patient is which. - I wouldn't leave any very important information there, like social security numbers

Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

User for almost 10 years

Comments: Great!

Pros:

DXE is a great EHR for dental practices that are FQHC or have multiple sites. It has wonderful features and is user friendly. Their customer support is wonderful, easy to use and can even be accessed online via chat. User conference is great! I do wish there was more user groups to connect, but overall it is an amazing event to learn and expand knowledge of program.

Cons:

Reporting is clunky at times, especially pulling UDS information. Wish updates were more frequent.

Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Dental practice management software

Comments: I do not currently use Dentrix Enterprise in my business because of the problems I encountered while I was an employee of an office that used it.

Pros:

I like the accessibility of cloud based software, which is important for dental practices with more than one location.

Cons:

The software had many glitches while I was a user. Many of the reports we would run didn't have accurate figures. We would run multiple reports to make sure the software would give the same result, but it always gave different figures. Since I was paid based on what I produced, the way the software inaccurately reported the numbers, it affected my pay. From a business owner's perspective, this could cause you to overpay contract employees. I also didn't like that you couldn't switch between views without losing your work. There wasn't an option to save a note unless it was completed and sometimes I had to go back to a different screen to verify information and return to my note and found that I had to start over.

Jeanette
Chief Dental Informatics Officer in US
Government Relations, 10,000+ Employees

too many mouse clicks

Comments: EHR development and a paperless dental record.

Pros:

no paper record, having an electronic forum really matters. populates interfaced programs with patient data reducing wrong site, wrong patient, issues.

Cons:

Six times to select the provider......really! Two times to select the encounter number! you can't be serious! In my arena, I need to interface with a medical record as well as other systems, all those interfaces have been bad to date. Meaningful use? Whose meaningful use? if smokeless tobacco and now marijuana, those need to be included, otherwise, is it really meaningful? The reports are lacking, we need more adhoc reports based on all the structured that is captured.....why do we need a third party program to do this! Interfaces with other applications is dicey at best, i.e. iMedConsent. Why is this a problem? Why doesn't Dentrix Enterprise, destined for use with large dental groups, integrate better with other versions/applications run by Henry Schein. They do such great work with philanthropic organizations, why can't they apply that perspective to the various entities of their own companies.

Crystal
Dentist in US

Dental Review

Comments: Frustrating, they sold us Ascend first.

Pros:

Ilike the ability to set up templates in the schedule.

Cons:

How difficult it is that notes do not have the feature to have prompts.

Shannon
admin in US

Love this product

Pros:

Dentrix is affordable and makes it so easy to effectively and efficiently keep patient records, billing/collections, and treatment plan.

Cons:

The software has frozen up on me more times than I can count. We were not sure if that was because of the software or our server, but Dentrix seems to be very touchy.

Heidi
Dental Front Office Supervisor in US

UIHS Dentrix Enterprise Review

Pros:

Clinician friendly. Dental providers like all of the features.

Cons:

Not being able to use the administrative functions in Dentrix. Our organization use NextGen and a HL7 interface.

Mary
Practice Manager in US

UIHS Dentrix Enterprise Review

Comments: The ledgers can be a mess from auto insurance adjustments and suspended credits.

Pros:

Multi clinic functionality, similar to Dentrix core so it is easy to train anyone with Dentrix experience

Cons:

Suspended Credits, lack of insurance capabilities.

Aubrey
Revenue Cycle Manager in US

Dental Review

Pros:

It is user friendly but very clunkie. I just wish there was a better way to view the billing screens

Cons:

you cannot read the billing screen. Nothing correlates to the date of service as a Medical EMR does

Karissa
Biller in US

pretty good, but a few hiccups here and there

Pros:

the support team is great, the software is user friendly in most aspects, and the schedule is easy to read

Cons:

it doesn't flow very well for our office, the ledger is difficult to work out of, and running reports is a major pain.

Ashley
Dental Team Lead in US

love dentix

Pros:

I think that we are able to send electronic attachments. I also like the ledger . Portal is amazing!!

Cons:

I do not like that we are not able to walkout patients on the schedule and it go to that specific provider.

Jessica

Dentrix Enterprise Review

Comments: Very good, love the program.

Pros:

I like how easy it is to use and how efficient it can be.

Cons:

We do not utilize the program to the capacity due to lack of knowledge previously with the program.

SANAZ
registered dental hygienist in US
Medical Practice, 51–200 Employees

dentrix enterprise

Pros:

an easy software to use. it is user friendly, i like the graphic that has been use in the software but sometimes there are lots of steps to get to what you need to do.

Rona

dentrix review

Pros:

The ease of setting up appointments and searching for patient appointments

Cons:

After we did an update too many glitches occurred

Tiffany
Treatment Coordinator in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

User Friendly

Pros:

Easy to navigate and train new staff members.

Cons:

A tooth extraction removes the future treatment in the chart. The I doesn't show flags.

Susan
office manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Hard to use

Pros:

I do dental front office fill in and often am just thrown into my position with little training on the software. I have found that so many of the software systems are SO user friendly you can pretty well figure out how to use them just by clicking around. Most of the icons are very useful to quickly identify what you need or are looking for. This is great for a busy front desk.

Cons:

I found Dentrix to one of the hardest software programs to just get dropped into. It just did not flow for me. I felt like I was always hunting for the icon I needed to click on to walk a patient out, draw up a treatment plan or print a scrip. I actually ask now when I do fill in what software the office uses and if they use Dentrix I don't fill in for them.

Brittay
Denist/Director in US

dentrix review

Pros:

one of the best in the industry, I think its great

Cons:

for health centers bad overlap with medical software

Leah
Dental Hygienist in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

dentrix review

Comments: NA

Pros:

Tooth Charting visuals.

Cons:

having to go into multiple windows to view different things.