Filter by:

• Overall

About LogMeIn Rescue

Real-time remote control of a customer's computer over the web for help desks, support softwares, IT organizations, and more.

Learn more about LogMeIn Rescue

Bryan W.
IT Manager
Accounting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2019

"LogMeIn Rescue - Essential Support Software"

Comments: Essential. I couldn't possible envision doing my job properly without it. Before this software, I used to drive to my client's locations and help them out of a jam, now they know I am just a couple of clicks away. It's the one annual expense I have that I am always happy to spend.

Pros: In my industry, I tend to the needs of users inside the office and outside. LogMeIn Rescue seamlessly allows me to take over my users computer and address their needs wherever I happen to be. Quite frankly, it is the most important software I use. Not only can I control the user's computer remotely, but the Rescue console also allows me to peak inside the file directory. This allows me to move and transfer files directly between our two computers.

Cons: It's not cheap! There are alternatives that are significantly less expense, however, you get what you pay for. Rescue is robust and the extra money spent is certainly worth it. Additionally, in order to acquire full control over the user's computer, there are a couple of steps that need to be explained to the user. While most find these steps intuitive, some of my older clients find it difficult. Sometimes patience and familiarity with the Rescue commands are required to get your client on board with you.

Alternatives Considered: UltraVNC, TeamViewer and Splashtop Business Access

Reasons for Switching to LogMeIn Rescue: When deciding between products, I chose to go for the support software with the best user experience. I did not want the user on the other side of the connection to have to complete too many steps. In my opinion, Rescue was the best option.

• Reviewed on 23/11/2019
Jed P.
Head of Technology & User Experience
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2017

"Good, could be better, and the support is lacking"

Pros: Most of the time I can connect just fine, and the speed is alright. There are a lot of options for delivering the connection info. There is good reporting, and the ability to capture screens, as long as we are working from the office, and strong APIs.

Cons: The support is not so great. There are always long holds for phone support that almost always have to be escalated, which means a callback at a much later time. Email support is 24-hour turnaround for every single email exchanged no matter the issue, and their answer is too often something ANYONE would have already tried.

• Reviewed on 17/11/2017
Adam C.
Adam C.
Technical Consultant
  • Reviewed on 04/02/2019

"Great remote connection tool"

Pros: I love the ability to remotely connect to a users computer and be granted full admin access to make changes and repairs. We are able to connect with people all over the world and resolve their computer issues. I've been able to hotspot off my phone and connect to users for long periods to resolve issues.

Cons: I don't like that it takes the app a while to implement new features. When there is an issue with an update or new windows features it can take them some time to release an update. A work around is usually available but they become cumbersome.

• Reviewed on 04/02/2019
Richard P.
SME
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2021

"A good choice for remote support."

Comments: Overall this software has benefited us. It is well received by our customers and helps us get the job done quickly and efficiently.

Pros: Once installed it is easy to use. It generates both emails with embedded links and session numbers to make access for customer easy. It is robust and reliable and rarely encounters issues.

Cons: I felt that it was a bit expensive compared to its competitors but thats not to say its not a decent piece of software. Sometimes when you remote in to a customer and they share an RDP session, the mouse and keyboard can stop responding. This might not be LogMeIn but environmental so may not be related.

• Reviewed on 10/09/2021
Danika T.
Event Specialist
Events Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2021

"Love this product!"

Comments: I have really benefitted from the remote service that IT can provide me no matter where I am in the world.

Pros: This product is very easy to use and allows the layman to connect with IT support to solve issues in an efficient method.

Cons: I don't know what other features I would find useful but I'm sure I'd love whatever they offer initially. But the basic functionality is such a lifesaver that I'm very pleased with the product.

• Reviewed on 17/07/2021
Julie J.
Telecom Lead Engineer
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/06/2021

"LogMeInRescue"

Comments: more and more of our staff are remote and we need ways to support them

Pros: More and more of our staff are remote and we need ways to support them. This allows us to be able to see their screens and figure out their issue much easier.

Cons: Some users have a hard time figuring out the download of the software and then approving access, makes it a little more

• Reviewed on 29/06/2021
Administrator
  • Reviewed on 08/07/2020

"Best Remote Software out there"

Comments: It is really an amazing experience, it made our life very easy and customers really loved the option to have icon on their desktops that they just double click on it to ask for support.
very stable, easy and fast solution that we don't face problems using it.

Pros: This software offer everything you are looking for.
Easy, stable, fast connection to clients.
Clients can connect direct to techs console through icon on their desktop or dedicated branded link.
Customer connect and all what the tech do is send request to take control and can capture user password for rebooting.
works perfect with windows and macs.
take full control on the computer, can export info about the computer hardware or software, reboot in safe mode or normal reboot.
The admin console can view all connected sessions, admin user can join any session or monitor any tech.
reporting system is amazing re connected sessions or the techs performance.
tech console can be used as stand alone software or through web access.
can add unattended access to computers.
Has Mobile seats as well.

Cons: It is really expensive software compared to other products in the market but this is because it include everything you are looking for in a remote desktop software with admin console that you can support your clients with and manage your techs.
Mobile seats are with additional licenses not included.

• Reviewed on 08/07/2020
Juan S.
CTO
Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/09/2017

"Logmein Rescue is an easy to use remote software with multiple platforms."

Comments: The ease of knowing that at a moments notice, I can jump onto my device of choice and provide full remote support to my users is a great benefit. The performance across the different platforms is pretty seamless and very responsive.

Pros: Logmein Rescue is an easy to use remote software with multiple platforms. I've had this software get me out of bind when my boss called for support and all I had was my Android Tablet. I like that it is flexible enough to on multiple platforms and easy for the customer side to use.

Cons: Its a great tool, but it does come with a hefty price tag, if your organization can afford it on their per technician basis.

• Reviewed on 05/09/2017
Technical Consultant
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2018

"Simple direct tool for clients to connect with."

Comments: We were able to create a custom domain that links to our clients and initiates a session. The only issue that we run into is when the user does not accept the access prompts that appear. Outside of the connection issue at times this is a great product. They are regularly adding features that are needed and improving on the ones that are already there.

Pros: I like that it's simple for a user to connect to us from an e-mailed link. They open the page follow the directions and then we are connected.

Cons: When the app doesn't connect, it doesn't connect. The support team is slow to respond to these types of requests, and the fix is usually something unrelated that doesn't help.

• Reviewed on 12/07/2018
Recruiter
Staffing & Recruiting, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2018

"Remote Access with chat :)"

Pros: I've used LogMeIn Rescue when I worked as Technical Support in a software. We're using this software to remotely access our customers computer to troubleshoot their computer and do installations. These customers are miles away. I love the idea that it is easy to use. You can also communicate with them via chat. So whenever you need them to do something on their end, it is to relay the instruction. Not necessarily to always stay on the phone.

Cons: I can't remember anything that I like least about LogMeIn Rescue. If there's one thing they can improve is that make it more user-friendly, though it is already easy to use, however whenever a non-computer savvy is using it, were having a hard time to let them allow the remote access. But this is something that is not a big deal since it is not LogMeIn's fault. However, if there's something they can do about this, that will be awesome.

• Reviewed on 25/11/2018
Aaron W.
Aaron W.
Director of MediaShout User Experience
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2017

"Use LMI Rescue daily to serve our users"

Comments: It allows us to connect to our users and help them in a much better way than simply email or phone support can do.

Pros: LogMeIn Rescue has been great for us to remotely serve our customers. We need multi-screen remote access, so being able to see all screens, share files, get information about users computer, and even setup unattended access is very helpful.

Cons: It is very expensive compared to other programs. The security process to allow a rep to remote into a user's computer can take more steps than it should (overly secure), which can be confusing for customers.

• Reviewed on 12/11/2017
Tchnician
  • Reviewed on 03/05/2019

"EXCELLENT SERVICE EVER"

Comments: If you are work in Big company and you have lots of customers then LogMeIn is the best software for the access your customer's computer screen. You can access 10 remotes at the same time on 1 console. I can handle all the customers at the same time.

Pros: The LogMeIn rescue is the best remote screen sharing software. I work in Digiteck we all use LogMeIn console for remote access. Good Speed. With lots of extra features. Calling Card, Session hold, etc

Cons: Nothing, I use this software for the last 3 years. I don't think so i have any problem in 3 years. It's easy to access.

• Reviewed on 03/05/2019
Michael T.
Network Administrator II
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2017

"I use LMI daily to connect to support remote users that are off domain at my company."

Comments: I am able to support my remote users that are off domain quickly and efficiently because of LogMeIn, and I can support executives mobile devices with this without having to put my hands on them.

Pros: There are too many features to name, but to pick one would be the mobile device support. I have got several pats on the back for remotely resolving issues on Director's iPhone and iPad.

Tim B.
Director of Operations
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2018

"Good product but the customer support could use some work"

Comments: Assists us by letting us into the life of the user and being able to remote in to their system to solve issues they couldn't on their own.

Pros: This product has helped us assist customers through remote sessions and by being able to remote in to their machines in order to solve issues they couldn't on their own. The interface is simple enough but could maybe get an image upgrade as it seems a little stuck in the past.

Cons: The interface is simple enough but could maybe get an image upgrade as it seems a little stuck in the past. I haven't run into any major issues, but when I do need to contact customer support it is a constant struggle of getting or being escalated up the ladder until you get to someone who can help you.

• Reviewed on 15/03/2018
Jason B.
IT Administrator
Construction, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2018

"Very Helpful Tool"

Comments: We are a large construction company and have jobsites all over the U.S. When one of our end users has a problem with their PC or software they are trying to use they just jump on LogMeIn and we fix them right up.

Pros: Great for helping our end users that are out in the field and have computer issues

Cons: Not much to say bad about it, helps us every day.

• Reviewed on 26/10/2018
Help Desk II
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2019

"Great Way To Help On Campus Users On The Fly"

Pros: We could use one feature of this software to view the desktop of the user in question.

Cons: Some users were not comfortable having me log into their desktop.

• Reviewed on 21/03/2019
Computer Networking, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2020

"LogMeIn Makes it Easy"

Comments: LogMeIn helped us take a big step forward with remote customer support. Customers love it because it allows us to solve most of their tech problems without ever having to enter their premises. We love it because it saves us a lot of time on the road.

Pros: LogMeIn is probably the easiest remote support software I have ever used. Setup is quick and easy for both, the client in need of support and the support tech. Connections are solid and trouble-free, giving us the opportunity to provide support without tedious and annoying interruptions from glitches. And the fact that it works across multiple platforms is a bonus. Highly recommend this software!

Cons: We really found nothing that we would consider a con. Everything about the software was easy, and it did exactly what it was intended to do, free of problems and frustration.

• Reviewed on 14/03/2020
Support Technician
Insurance, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2018

"LogMeIn Rescue is a quick efficient tool for remoting onto users computers."

Comments: Overall I enjoy this software and it does a great job at being lightweight so it rarely has lagged.

Pros: Rarely has any lag in my experience. Allows you to run scripts from the console. Love the system info it provides. The file manager works wonderfully when doing large file transfers.

Cons: I haven't found an easy way to share scripts with other techs that use it. I have had issues dialing in the actions to run and would like to see more improvements in this regard.

• Reviewed on 10/07/2018
Sunil M.
Sunil M.
Technical Support Engineer
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2018

"Decent remote access software"

Pros: Great little application that makes it a ton easier to support users remotely. Users can connect to a session, or admins can initiate a remote session from their end. Fairly light in terms of resource usage, and easy to navigate.

Cons: Price is a bit high in light of other free options available in the market. The features do make up for the price, but might be a sticking point for users who don't need ALL the features offered by LogMeIn.

• Reviewed on 18/05/2018
Lawrence L.
Lawrence L.
Website Manager
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2018

"Really really is one of the best remote support software!"

Comments: It really helped me to support customers with so much ease.

Pros: I'd go to say it's 100% one of the best remote support software money can buy.. It works so well.. I urge you to have a look and try it you won't be disappointed.

Cons: Nothing!! it does what it says on the tin and so much more than you would ever need for a good support software.

• Reviewed on 06/06/2018
Dennison B.
Dennison B.
DA PC
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2018

"Logmein 123"

Pros: Can always be relied on to get remote support through to get a matter taken care of I tend to get help from a fellow team on and off and we use logmein.

Cons: logmein is very secure or at least for the most part anything is still possible but if your ok paying for it I trust logmein more than teamview as of this point personally.

• Reviewed on 01/11/2018
Owner/operator
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2017

"Always fast when I needed help"

Comments: IT issues solved fast

Pros: I LOVE that when I'm on a LogMeIn session, I can actually see them taking over my screen. That way, when I am doing this task again, I know the exact prompts they used to fix the issue.

Cons: I didn't like that sometimes I would have to wait for the session to go live. Especially when the problem happened with a client waiting to be cashed out.

Jessica G.
Marketing Specialist
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2017

"Simple and Effective Remoting Software"

Pros: While I've only used it a dozen or so times, LogMeIn has always been a fantastic way to quickly remote into another user's computer to see what they are having issues with or to show them how to access something. Being able to log in within a few minutes and have access to another user's desktop is a big time saver rather than trying to explain things over the phone.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2017
Amanda J.
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2018

"Useful business tool"

Pros: Using the software tool allows me to remotely log onto my computer when I am not on site! It is super helpful when I need to do something that I have forgotten to do on my office computer.

Cons: I believe they just got rid of the free account, and have moved to only paying accounts. Sadly, I will no longer be able to use this tool.

• Reviewed on 12/03/2018
Marie J.
Administrative Assistant
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2018

"Great tool!"

Pros: This remote access system really helps us when we have our agents all over the model homes. The ease of logging in and being able to have all you in on your fingertips is the best!

Cons: The system can run a bit slow on our computers at times, but other than that we have no issues on hand.

• Reviewed on 16/05/2018