15 years helping British businesses

Veriato Workforce Behavior Analytics Reviews

About Veriato Workforce Behavior Analytics

Veriato offers predictive behavior intelligence built with AI to help organizations manage insider risk and monitor employee activity.

Learn more about Veriato Workforce Behavior Analytics

Pros:

Tech support is helpful. Users can be created to allow limited access to browse the collected data, for example to let managers review their assigned employees.

Veriato Workforce Behavior Analytics ratings

3.8
4.3
4.3
4.2

7.8/10

Veriato Workforce Behavior Analytics has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars based on 127 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Veriato Workforce Behavior Analytics before?

Jim
Jim
CEO, Insider Threat Program Development-Management Training Course Instructor in US
Computer & Network Security, 11–50 Employees

Veriato Recon Review

Comments: Veriato solutions are excellent products for detecting and mitigating employee threats.

Pros:

The software is very affordable compared to similar products on the market that are quite expensive. The user interface is easy to navigate, and the information provided on potential employee threats is outstanding. I provide training and consulting services related to Insider Threat Programs, and Insider Threat Mitigation (www.insiderthreatdefense.us). I have recommended Veriato Recon and Veriato 360 to my 500+ clients. Many have purchased Veriato products and are quite please with both products.

Cons:

I cant find anything I don't like about Veriato products. As part of my consulting for my clients, I review various employee threat detection tools and make recommendations. Veriato products are my # 1 recommendation to my clients.

Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Good comprehensive monitoring

Comments: While the initial motivation for installing this system was to get evidence of an employee exfiltrating company data, we use it most often to ensure that people are being productive and not doing unauthorized things. We had a ransomware infection incident a couple years ago, and Veriato 360 captured the source of the user action that started it, recording his opening of a junk email and clicking through two subsequent warnings before launching the infected attachment. That information was priceless. As an software developer of internal applications, I have also used it to investigate bug reports from users. On a couple of occasions, users swore they did something one way but the screen shots and keystroke logs said otherwise. Objective evidence has saved me a lot of time fixing something that wasn't broken. As I described in my "like least" list, the recorder sometimes stops getting web site data. By recording multiple data streams, you can get what you need even if some data is not available (e.g., if web site recording is not present, window titles will probably let you find what you are looking for, and screen shots show what the user saw; if "Online Searches" data is not recorded, keystrokes into the browser can provide the data). There are tons of features that I have not used. It can send alerts on keywords detected in the data. It can display graphs of usage sliced in different ways. There is a recorder for Mac. I can't comment on how well they work.

Pros:

Veriato 360 can capture just about any information you can think of from user sessions - web sites visited, emails, instant messages and chat, files transferred and printed, keystrokes, and screen shots, and network data summaries. - It is easy enough to navigate, even if you don't use the system that often. - It can export data to spreadsheets, text, html, and xml files for further analysis. - It can block selected web sites. - Captures all monitors in screen shots - Client systems can buffer up data for weeks while they are out of contact with the server (or when the server is down), e.g. remote laptops and systems that only connect by VPN once in a while. - Operation is generally invisible to users if you want it to be stealthy. - Tech support is helpful. - Users can be created to allow limited access to browse the collected data, for example to let managers review their assigned employees.

Cons:

It takes a fair amount of effort to keep the system working. - Frequent client recorder updates are required to keep pace with web browser updates. When browser updates get ahead of the corresponding Veriato updates, web site recording stops. - Updates are often trapped by anti virus software like Windows Defender until IT staff updates the exclusion lists and deploys them (e.g. by group policy). We have to do that ourselves. - The system sometimes fails to start all the services required to collect data from the client systems, and getting it working again may take fiddling with service start delays and calls to tech support. At least the client systems buffer a lot and tech support is reasonably responsive. I have to periodically check that the system is working. - The amount of history you can record is limited by what fits in a SQL Server Express database (10G; screens shots are stored as separate files) unless you have or buy a SQL Server license. - Sometimes the recorder drastically affects client programs. We have had to disable email recording on only one or two systems where Thunderbird suddenly became unusably slow. On dozens of other systems it works fine - go figure. We had one conflict with a camera application that had to be resolved by sending a camera and software to Veriato so they could observe the problem and develop a fix. - No Linux support. Microsoft's Windows 10 updates have been so unreliable this year that I'd love to switch, but I need recording...

Benson
IT Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Conventional Analytical Solution

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Veriato Workforce gives an imperative remote monitoring option, and it gather the required information for solid reporting.

Cons:

Veriato Workforce brings a focused analytical measures, without compromise.

Charlie
IT Director in US
Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

Antiquated Monitoring System

Comments: We've used Veriato since before they were acquired (formerly SpectorSoft).
Our use case: Recording systems ad-hoc for legal review purposes (disgruntled or departing employees).
If an employee does something malicious (data exfiltration, deletion, etc.), the software is only effective to verify what was done after the fact. Alerting is not very good.
That said, it's a great value for the money if you're not intersted in real time user behavior analytics.

Pros:

Reasonably priced Good US-based tech support

Cons:

Very outdated compared to peers No user behavior analytics Resource intensive - client side Difficult to deploy to remote machines Not all features work the way you'd want them to

Awareness Technologies Response

5 years ago

Investigator, while a great product is really designed for temporary or short term directed investigations. Our Recon product does include behavior analytics and when coupled with our 360 product provides a holistic Insider Threat Management platform. Our AI is advanced and will be looking at devices, files, locations, skype conversations, etc. It will understand the sentiment in the language of the monitored users and identify changes from positive to negative. Our product will review a user's normal behavior over the course of a rolling 21 day period to set the baseline and identify trends moving forward, for activity, then provide alerts if anything exceeding the norm occurs. It compares the dynamic baseline to current behavior. This will raise awareness for the need of best practices education on company policies as well; (such as use of USB drives, uploading documents and where, etc.). Cerebral is able to compare 1:1 and 1:Many.

Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Was a Great software when it was spectorsoft, terrible now.

Comments: Does NOT work as described. Described functioning of software is ALL IN THEORY. I've called to help with setup more than once before I gave up. They take you through a few steps, and tell you what to do for the next few because they are impatient to help through the whole setup. When setup fails you call back and same process. That's happened 4 times before I gave up. 2 year license I still can't get working. -- Each time you call up the tech is VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE (I'll give them that), but they get off the phone once you wake them up from sleep (TWICE it sounded like they just rolled out of bed and were walking through the house, doors closing etc..) and with all that my system is still not working. After 2017 I decided not to renew because of the setup issues (never worked) and I was convinced again by sales they would help with entire setup, I shouldn't have issues, I'm sorry, etc.. 2018, same problem 4 calls to tech support setup. still not working on ANY system (we have 4 PCs to monitor in our office). BTW, they have to call you back for support, It hasn't been convenient to continue on to a 5th tech. We have used the old version spectorsoft for years, hate the new one. be warned.

Pros:

the features of the software are still there, In THEORY, the features are great for a networked office, it attempts to work correctly, it logs just about everything.

Cons:

sales - excellent they will work a million ways and contact you the same amount of time till you make payment. software setup - terrible! beyond terrible. customer support for setup - worse..

Andrew
Andrew
IT Manager in Canada
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Solid Application Backed By Great Tec Support

Comments: Quick to Install, Price for the level of protection and upkeep cost extremally reasonable.

Pros:

I think the true value of this application besides the implied protection form RansomWare is a good server side file revisioning and quick restore system. We have used this product to recover deleted files that would otherwise cause lost employee hrs. Nightly backups may be getting done but when your employee has lost a document (deleted by accident, saved overtop of the wrong file..) they spent a few hrs on, you can easily and quickly restore the file. Far faster then going though any backup/restore process.

Cons:

Nothing I can think of, anytime we had a slight glitch Tech support has been over helpful, including hopping on our system to just sort out things rather then just pointing me to a bunch of technobabble documents that may not apply to my exact issue like usually happens.

Human Resources, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Veriato 360

Comments: I really like the alerts based on behavior anomolies. Something hard to track without consistent user data.

Pros:

Very feature-rich, excellent support. Alerts based on behavior anomolies, keywords, data movement, malicious program, and many more. Screenshots are viewable for all users. Very robust product.

Cons:

Older versions have had recorders fail on us. Not easily deployed remotely.

Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Excellent product for HR

Comments: My clients use Investigator to supervise hourly wage employee activities, particularly those who work unsupervised hours, to make sure they are doing actual work rather than surfing YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and alike.

Pros:

Undeniable screenshots and data for HR make it easy to make a case. Tech support staff have been EXCELLENT!

Cons:

Setup can be a little complicated because of antivirus exceptions. Some improvements could be made to the viewer. Licensing should be by computer but should also be relocatable. Pain in the neck to have to physically move the computer from one user to another once an investigation is complete without arousing suspicions.

Computer & Network Security, 501–1,000 Employees

Great product, exceeded expectations, already recommended to another local gov agency

Comments: We got the referral from another local Town government who was having a similar problem. They had indicated that once they were able to confirm what was going on, the problem immediately stopped on Town owned PC's. Our overall experience with Veriato 360 was very good and solved the immediate problem we had and we will continue to use.

Pros:

It did exactly what we were hoping for in that it captured screen shots. What we thought was a 1 person problem was more prevalent.

Cons:

After an update, we had to re-install the client software and fix. This prompted a call to support to fix the licensing. The issue exposed the software to the crew using the target PC's.

Owner in US
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

Veriato

Pros:

Best software for monitoring PCs You can get a clear picture of exactly what your employees are doing on their PCs

Cons:

Not so easy to deploy Antivirus eats up the software. you need to keep the software up to date.

Kai
IT Administrator in US
Pharmaceuticals, 11–50 Employees

Veriato 360 Review

Pros:

Veriato 360 is easy to set up and the user interfaces are very user-friendly. It records user activities and notifies the administrator when an event has been caught. This is a great employee monitoring software I think every company should have as parts of their security plan.

Cons:

One of the issues I have is to access archived screenshots. It seems to only keep the recorded data up to a certain time period. I am also having lots of trouble with built-in anti-malware in the Windows 10. It will report Veriato 360 as a malware every time the monthly update applies.

Ilan
Executive in Canada
Online Media, 51–200 Employees

Veriato review

Comments: Technical support is unable to problem solve these issues leaving an unfavorable experience.

Pros:

Screenshots are fairly clear Email activity works fairly well

Cons:

After countless call with Technical Support there are still problems with: Tracking of websites do not work for users of Chrome List of Recordings by Computer contain older irrelevant recordings Cannot rename computers Online Searches feature does not work Websites Visited does not work File Transferred feature does not work File tracking is not detailed enough

Owner / President in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Veriato 360 - an IT Pro Perspective

Comments: Two of my clients wanted to monitor internet usage on their front desk (dental offices) in particular. We had used a SpectreSoft product to monitor usage prior to that and this was the successor product. In many ways I liked the Spectre program better but it was not centrally managed and it was much more expensive per PC.

Pros:

The software is pretty comprehensive in what it captures and is fairly easy to navigate the logs by machine.

Cons:

It is difficult to load with existing antivirus or antimalware software. You have to be really on your toes and get everything turned off or your AV will kill off the program and the various files which need to be exceptions. As I recall, I think it loads everything in one folder and you can exclude that folder in your AV. At first, I thought you had to put each individual file into the exception list and that was cumbersome. But I chaulk that up to inexperience. My second client which used it went much smoother.

Larry
IT in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Veriato 360 does what it promises, but isn't cheap and takes time to learn

Comments: We have prevented employee theft and been able to find wasted time.

Pros:

Captures everything, so we have a very comprehensive log of what's been done on any of our PCs

Cons:

It's not terribly user friendly. The interface takes a lot of getting used to and practice to navigate.

ERIC
IT Management in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Longtime user

Comments: Has been good for pinpointing my client's employees non compliant pc use.

Pros:

I like what it can do and the information it can collect.

Cons:

network version is a resource hog on the server and difficult to create exceptions for our managed antivirus software (Webroot)

Stephen
ICT Manager in Australia
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Ransom Safe offers Easy simple protection

Comments: Peace of mind against ransom ware attacks

Pros:

Email Alerts and complete server lock down from infected users

Cons:

Can some times take us time to work our why a user is experiencing "wierd" issues until we realise they have been locked out.

Ray
Owner in Canada
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Software I like

Comments: Since I got the software and deployed on many servers,,, . I can sleep at night....is one off the best software protections...ever seen.. I love it...

Pros:

The Protection ..REAL LIVE PROTECTION.. and the sense of you are in control..

Cons:

i have not seen any product to protect workstation..if so I need to know about it,,so we can protect the workstations

Herman
Network Administrator in US
Broadcast Media, 51–200 Employees

Veriato 360

Pros:

Lots of features to collect data. Ability to manage storage for recordings. Light weight agent application. Fast performance

Cons:

Conflicts with ESET AV. Hard to re-deploy all agents if the Veriato server got out of service

Hal
Technology Solutions in US
Printing, 51–200 Employees

Must have tool for any business

Comments: We had many thoughts about what time the staff was spending on certain items and were able to confirm those assumptions.

Pros:

Stealth, easy to deploy and comprehensive.

Cons:

Nothing, was great software, we absolutely love it

Doug
CFO in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Not Just Straightforwad

Comments: Monitoring employee activity on our computing/networking resources. We've not gotten much value from the product (see above) mainly because we don't have a full-time IT support person on staff to figure everything out.

Pros:

It looks have tremendous capabilities with some great information collection tools. With this comes complexity and installation/operation is not for the novice.

Cons:

Installation and troubleshooting. Excluding from virus protection (Windows 10; have to have subdirectories created before the subdirectory can be excluded..) before installation is complex and the computer we had it loaded on has "black screened" on us twice now. It almost seems to be conflicting with our operating system which as stated is Windows 10 on all of our workstations.

IT Director in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

Spector 360 Review

Comments: so far so good, the technician was extremely knowledgeable of the software.

Pros:

The UI is more user friendly . The configuration settings are condensed and some unnecessary things removed.

Cons:

Still getting used to the changes, with that said, it is very easy to get used to compared to old software.

BARBIE
MANAGER in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

VERIATO SOFTWARE REVIEW

Comments: MY EMPLOYEES NOT PRODUCING EFFECTIVELY FOR MY COMPANY THIS WAS THE ONLY SOFTWARE COMPATABLE TO EBLASTER

Pros:

THAT I CAN CHANGE THE DATES TO MAX OR MIN VIEWS

Cons:

THAT IT DOES NOT SEND ME NOTIFICATIONS THE EBLASTER USE TO I LOVED THAT PRODUCT IT WAS EASY TO READ BRIEFLY THRU AN EMAIL VS TRYING TO NARROW DOWN TIMES

Mike
Mike
Owner in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

The best way to monitor your employees

Pros:

Veriato Investigator records everything an administrator or business owner would want to see. The best feature is the ability to play back screenshots, almost like a video!

Cons:

Setting up antivirus software exclusions can be difficult, but their support pages document the process very well.

Robert
Robert
IT Specialist in US
Banking, 11–50 Employees

Gets the job done!

Comments: Overall I am satisfied with out use of Veriato software. I would recommend its uses in most environments.

Pros:

Very well priced Small footprint on our servers Works very well

Cons:

Requires a lot of work to get set up Support can take a while at times

KC
KC
IT Specialist in US
Chemicals, 51–200 Employees

Veriato collects everything

Comments: The software is great, if you have any question about what an employee is doing with there time and sensitive data you know it all.

Pros:

How easy it is to setup and the amount of data that is collected. Easy to go back and see what has been collected. All the reports are really nice as well.

Cons:

Adding and removing accounts, to redeploy lic you have to remove them all. Then re add them.