15 years helping British businesses

About Mentimeter

Audience Engagement Platform for more interactive presentations and meetings

Learn more about Mentimeter

Pros:

I LOVE that you can integrate this into MS Powerpoint because I have seen so many presentations go from boring to engaging with Mentimeter.

Mentimeter ratings

4.5
3.4
4.2
3.7

8.2/10

Mentimeter has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars based on 92 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Mentimeter before?

Hannah
Hannah
Psygologist in Netherlands
Mental Health Care, Self Employed

Incredible transformation of presentations

Comments: This app is great for my projects that I use for my clients!

Pros:

The fact that it can tranform a boring, long and tiring presentation, into one that is interactive, fun and cheerful makes it a great app.

Cons:

I did not like the fact that, at times the app takes a lot of time to show the poll results to viewers.

Timo
CEO in Estonia
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Engagement first presentation tool

Comments: I like Menti when I want to create engaging session with the audience. Using the usual Zoom chat function, the text is separate from the presentation, but with Menti it falls nicely to the right place into the presentation flow and you can later get nice co-created slides.

Pros:

I like that you can run the whole presentation from Menti, but I think often average users don't do that. When I have been using it for my presentations, it put all the slides there, getting a nice smooth experience. That's much better than switching between "main" presentation and Menti, and I hope more people will use it like that in the future. I also like that you can nicely export the final co-created slides, with audience inputs.

Cons:

I really don't have complaints, but just a wish. I wish that I could use Menti active presentation as my Zoom virtual background, like you can currently do with their beta function PPT as background. If that could be Menti as well, that would be brilliant!

Gil
Director in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11–50 Employees

Menti, once a great product now practically useless

1.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It was great from 2020 to 2023. It is now completely useless in 2024. Company refuses to issue a refund for my remaining balance of 2024 despite being a long-term user. Avoid at all costs!

Pros:

Quizzes used to be great, fun, engaging, and impactful before the degradation of the program in 2024

Cons:

In 2024 it is now completely useless. No more leaderboards for the quizzes (all my leaderboards from 3 years of saved quizzes have disappeared with no way to bring them back). In 2024, you are now forced to use templates that quite honestly suck beyond belief - they look like some a grade schooler would put together.

Mentimeter Response

2 months ago

We're really sorry to hear about your experience with Mentimeter recently. We do still offer all of our Quiz features such as our Leaderboard, and our users can and are encouraged to create their own presentations from scratch (templates are only an option to help bring inspiration). We haven't received any similar reports to the problems you've described, and to our knowledge there are no issues with the quiz. If you could reach out to our dedicated support team at [email protected], we'd love if you could share any troubles you have experienced with our quiz so we can make sure this is investigated and corrected!

Jo
Head of Commercial Strategy in UK
Research, 501–1,000 Employees

Engaging and Easy to Use

Comments: A good user experience overall, plenty of features

Pros:

easy to use Flexibility Sharing with others Customisable Variety of layouts/options

Cons:

A bit hit and miss in integrating into ppt. Sometimes had to exit ppt and present from web browser

Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A powerful software for interactive slides

Comments: Mentimeter is a great tool when creating interactive slides in undergraduate classes. It permits both the students and the professor to participate actively in the class.

Pros:

Mentimeter permits the administrator to create interactive slides. The students are motivated not only because their comments, questions and answers are presented anonymously during the class, but because they use their mobile phones and see the slides. Beyond the interactive slides, it includes clouds of words, quick tests, voting and express if they are enjoying the presentation.

Cons:

The free version only permits a limited number of interactive slides. Despite the license is not considered expensive, it also limits some of the interactive tools and can cause the students to feel fatigued.

Higher Education, 10,000+ Employees

Adaptable, Multi-Use Presentation Software

Comments: Overall, I have enjoyed using Mentimeter to present, but Mentimeter really shines with the polls and feedback features built right into the program. It has made presentations more interactive, but also allows users to anonymously respond, giving me more insight into overall reception of the presentation for further fine-tuning.

Pros:

I really enjoy utilizing the integration of real-time polls and feedback mid-presentation. We have used Mentimeter, primarily making use of the poll feature, to gauge both student and advisor feedback and understanding. We have been able to pull the reports the gather additional data to share with our team. Whether for students or for staff, Mentimeter has been incredibly useful and allows anonymization of data, allowing us to see where things are succeeding and perhaps where things can be given a bit more clarity.

Cons:

I did find it hard to pull reports, however, this may be a matter of me not being entirely familiar with the software. I was able to eventually get the reports, but it seemed that I had to choose between combining data from different presentations or creating separate presentations entirely. I would have liked a feature that allows me to combine all data under one "umbrella" so I can see trends between individual presentations and the overall project.

Joe
Joe
Director of Content Development and Training in US
Legal Services, 11–50 Employees

After many years of loyalty, we can't suggest Mentimeter to anyone now...

Pros:

Interactivity was fantastic when we originally migrated to Mentimeter. Loves the creativity and ingenuity of the team.

Cons:

Their app recently stopped working properly: Because of a change the company made, audiences can't effectively use browsers to participate and vote during presentations. Sadly, their customer service folks responded with a fix may never come. So we can't keep investing all of our presentation materials on a platform that handles issues with longtime customers like this. This also means we are in the process of canceling not only our subscriptions but dozens of our clients that we help handle their tech purchasing. We can't stand behind companies that handle things like this. We stand behind companies even more than products, so we are sad to have this happen.

Mentimeter Response

2 months ago

Thank you for bringing light to this issue. It’s disheartening to hear about the challenges you’ve faced, especially after the positive history you’ve had with our platform! I’m pleased to share that we’ve have now reverted the change, making it possible to use on browsers again. I understand that our team has reached out to you via email separately around solving this issue. Thank you once again for your support and flagging of this 🏆

Indira
Postsales Service in Costa Rica
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Easy of use. No pricing flexibility.

Pros:

I like that is very easy to use and customize. The activities for students are enjoyable Mentimeter offers a lot of options to create them.

Cons:

You can't pay monthly. Just by year. This is an issue because in my case, I pay for these types of applications when I need them. I don't like to pay for apps that I'm not using.

Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

People might pay attention if you use mentimeter

Pros:

Mentimer is kind of the grandpa of all the audience interactive software and it shows because it's always smooth sailing. We love how quickly audience members can use it,even less tech savvy folks and the name recognition.

Cons:

It isn't as fancy as some other interactive apps (eg the date visualization is slightly more basic), if you need ALL the bells and whistles, you might need something else. Worked perfectly for our purposes.

Banking, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Great for presentations and training

Pros:

I like that it is easy to use, that it keeps on improving, it is essential for our training, whether we use it in person or online. I recommend it to everyone.

Cons:

I think it can keep innovating, and become a tool with other things, we use other tools like MIRO, MURAL or KAHOOT, and would rather have one platform for everything.

Jessica
Group Marketing and Brand Manager in UK
Civil Engineering, 501–1,000 Employees

Great for maximising employee engagement and Q&A discussions...

Comments: When it works, it really works. We most recently used Mentimeter at our last internal staff training event. We had a room of about 30 employees, all who connected on their phones for the interactive part of our presentation. We hosted a 'Health and Safety' quiz, and employees loved seeing their results show up on the main presentation behind us. We were also able to export the results, and analyse the level of competence in the room - brilliant! We use Mentimeter for internal staff events every 3-4 months and it has changed the level of engagement dramatically. All staff members now interact, and are deeply immersed in the presentation itself.

Pros:

Mentimeter has been a great platform for engaging with our employees at our internal staff events. It has also increased audience participation overall enabling us to gain insightful feedback and opinions from all staff members, introverts and extroverts alike. My favourite feature is the 'leaderboard' for hosting live quizzes, followed by the 'Q&A' feature. The latter is especially effective when you have a more reserved audience - they can submit their questions to the main presenter at the tap of button, ensuring their voice has been heard. It is easy to use and user friendly for those who are attending a presentation. Most importantly, the tool has enabled us to canvas the opinion of our staff members and engage with those who may not have felt like participating before. You can create Mentimeter presentations to match your corporate brand too. Moreover, if you are familiar with Microsoft Powerpoint, you will have no problem getting used to this software.

Cons:

For those people who are not tech savvy at all, it can be a lengthy process of getting someone to "connect to WIFI", "open browser", "type in mentimeter URL", "type in presentation code". Indeed, if someone can facilitate their set up, the rest is easy - this is what we have done in the past and will continue to do so until everyone is familiar. I would love to see more ideas from Mentimenter on how to use the software to its very best, particularly from different angles - e.g. marketing teams, training providers, HR interviewers, etc...

Samantha Louise
Student in Philippines
E-Learning, 10,000+ Employees

Mentimeter: The Best Poll Application for Classes

Comments: I really like using Mentimeter during online classes. It made my Q&A sessions much easier and heightened my students' engagement.

Pros:

What I really like about Mentimeter is being able to receive real-time answers and insights from the students.

Cons:

What I least like about the software is not being able to save students' comments during live sessions.

Esmé
floor manager in Netherlands
Supermarkets, 11–50 Employees

Nice interactive way of presenting!

Pros:

Very easy way to use. You have many creative features to do a quiz form. It is very attractive to the audience because it is interactive.

Cons:

Too bad you can only add 2 question forms, because after that you have to pay. The layout may also include more recommendations

Brittane
Quality Assurance Analyst in Jamaica

My company uses Mentimeter to do a lot of our votings and anonymous feedback/questions.

Pros:

I really like that we are able to ask our executive managers anonymous questions during staff meetings. This way, all our questions and concerns get answered without feeling self conscious about asking questions out in the open. My scrum team also uses the voting feature for our Sprint Retrospective. It makes the voting faster and provides visually appealing graphs and charts that can be easily read by everyone.

Cons:

It can get confusing when using the codes to vote during our Scrum Retrospective. It means we have to have a different code for each team member. Having to input different codes each time can be tedious.

Faten
Teacher in Qatar
E-Learning, 201–500 Employees

Mentimeter

Pros:

Many questions typesMany design ideasMany features and controls

Cons:

No way to align slide title to the right for right to left languages Showing the message " changing alignment is not available for this slide type"

Ann Katrin
Office Services in Germany
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Interactive presentation software

Pros:

We love the interactive parts of Mentimeter. You can poll and survey the audience in real time while you are giving the presentation and show the results right away. Makes it much more fun both in zoom meetings as well as in person.

Cons:

Some more options for editing would be nice.

Marissa
Teacher in Indonesia
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Educators Love Mentimeter

Comments: I am impressed to the features offer in free version. I am also thankful that they have free version rather than free trial. Amazing app for us educators.

Pros:

I am an educator and tried using this in my presentation to other teachers. I love it in a way that we can interact. You can create Multiple Choice Questions, open ended questions and Q & A. You can even edit per slide for the layout. We can add images or videos as well in your slide. This is cool that it has free version, then you can save your presentations.

Cons:

Of course, if you wanted more features they will ask you subscribe. Also, because only few knows this great interactive platform, it takes time to explain how it works. We wish that through this, more educators will explore this great platform for our students.

Alexander
Alexander
Education Management
Used the Software for: Not provided

Most innovative tool in the market

Comments: Mentimeter is offering unique opportunities of interactivity with an audience. Especially the immediate participation in a survey by QR-Codes without the need of installing any application is a great help to implement a survey. The results will appear immediately on the screen in an attractive layout. With the question type „Open Ended“ it is easy to start a brainstorming and in combination with the layout option „Word Cloud“ you get a fantastic overview. Concluding Mentimeter is an innovative tool for presentations in business meetings, school classes and lectures at university.

Pros:

a lot - especially: interactivity, responsiveness, general performance, reliability, intuitive handling

Cons:

None - it's worth doing the upgrade

Good tool for voting

Pros:

Mentimeter is a simple and quick way to get real-time votes from a group of people. Whenever I do polling I use it. It has a free version so that is a plus. The free plan comes with unlimited questions and respondents. It is very intuitive and interactive when making presentations that requires the audience input.

Erik
Director of Technology in US
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

wow, just wow

Comments: I was at a conference when I first saw this program in use by one of the main speakers. I was amazed at how easy it was to feel like I was really participating with his talk. I had to try it myself. I made an account, explored the options, and setup a quick little survey to try with a small group at the office. It was so easy. I plan to use this again soon.

Pros:

This is an absolutely amazing way to encourage engagement and group participation with your audience. It offers several different kinds of options and has all the bells and whistles you would expect with this kind of program.

Cons:

I can't think of any feature in this program that was desired and missing or didn't work as I was hoping it would.

Arman
operator in Armenia
Gambling & Casinos, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Mentimeter

Pros:

The graphic of this software is decent, the presentations can be created either completely by oneself or by using offered templates. Several interesting functions can be added to it such as quizzes.

Cons:

I guess the cons here are more than pros: it is a bit complicated compared to other similar products, and not all templates are free. Although the result can be downloaded in PDF format, but one cannot find that function at once, and after all the PDF file will be not only with Mentimeter mark on it, but it will also be of no great quality, it will look somehow a slightly blurred.

Ramzi
Ramzi
Head of Growth in Kuwait
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Great features but be careful of making a subscription as they are manipulative!

Pros:

Great way to engage with audiences in events

Cons:

When checking out, the price was shown in months and then all of a sudden it changed to annual before payment. I then paid for it annually not noticing that. I feel that was manipulative and unfair especially considering I only needed the product for 1 event. They also promise 14-day refunds in big writing and then apparently, since I used it once I am not eligible, All I was asking was to refund the 11 months I wasn't using it haha. Anyway great product but very disappointed in the end

William
Marketing & Sales Manager in Taiwan
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11–50 Employees

William review

Comments: It is my first use online slide app but because it is lack the video slide attachment, therefore I switch to Ahaslides.

Pros:

independent photo with bullet text slide.

Cons:

they don't have youtube or video link slides.

Abdel
Operation coordinator in United Arab Emirates
Cosmetics, 201–500 Employees

User support team are not responding

Comments: I find it very expensive and coasty so as per their policy I can request refund within first 14 days, its been a week since I email them and they never get back to be, I started to think its a scam organisation

Pros:

Good voting program , as a supporting slid in presentations it would be a plus

Cons:

No direct customer support contact its just an email and they occasionally reply

Marcelina
studio coordinator in Poland
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

amazing tool!

Pros:

I love that it makes studying easier. My professor showed it to us during lessons some time ago and it was a great tool to make lessons more interesting :)

Cons:

everything works just fine, totally recommend