• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.6 /5

Paul B.
Human Resource Development
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2020

"A smart tool that looks slick but has some frustrating limitations"

Comments: We like Mentimeter a lot. You can be up and running with it in minutes, and it takes literally seconds to create a typical wordcloud or other slide. It looks amazing to those answering the questions. There are downsides though and I hope future updates will add functionality and improve the experience for paying users.

Pros: Mentimeter allows you to easily (very easily) create and launch live, interactive polls, surveys and quizzes and create cool things like wordclouds in real time. It has a really smooth mobile integration through the use of QR codes which is a killer feature in the modern age. We have frequently had "wow moments" in meetings, workshops and training sessions using Mentimeter as people see animated quiz standing come in in real time and the like. Zero learning curve from the users point of view and almost frictionless.

Cons: It has a few limitations that make it less slick from the point of view of the person using it compared to the people answering the questions. It does not integrate well with Powerpoint. There is an outdated and never updated plug in which crashes all the time and thus unusable. The other option is to import your slides into Mentimeter and do the whole thing from there. This is not always advisable because animations are not preserved and the general look of the slides suffers. Without PPT integration, if you are running a remote session using Zoom or similar you are forcing people to navigate away from your window to use Mentimeter and then relying on them coming back to see the results come in in real time. It damages the experience tremendously. You get around this by showing QR codes and having them do it on their phones, but still, not ideal. Another issue is that moving or otherwise adjusting slide shows inside Mentimeter is a huge pain. Drag and drop to change the order of slides is basically broken, so me and my team always make sure everything is in order before importing (if we even use importing, see above). Even a no-integrated session with more than a few Mentimeter slides is a huge pain to adjust. Finally, although they claim that switching between say PPT and Mentimeter on the fly is easy, it inhibits you from easily and smoothly moving to the next question. Not ideal.

• Reviewed on 30/09/2020
Chad E.
Developer
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2018

"An efficient way to get instant feedback"

Pros: It is fast and easy to use. Allows the users to remain anonymous so they can feel more comfortable indicating their opinions. Excellent charts to present the poling of the results which is quite handy to verify how your audience feel about a presentation.

Cons: There are quite a few bugs:
Sometimes the app doesn't remember the event code.
There are times when a question cannot be skipped.
It is sometimes problematic to access the results from my PC.

• Reviewed on 22/02/2018
Justine C.
HR Consultant
Human Resources, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/04/2020

"Practically Non-Existent Customer Support"

Comments: My experience with the customer support is woeful. My first few interactions were with a bot, which could not resolve my problem. I then interacted with a human (?) who similarly has yet to resolve my issue. I would state the issue, 24 - 48 hours later I would get a response which did not address it. I would immediately respond and 24 - 48 hours later a different person/bot would respond. It's been a week now and I still don't have resolution. Their hours seem to be a Euro schedule with no weekend support. I have requested a refund and have received no response at all. The whole experience has been disappointing.

Pros: Has numerous features to add interactivity. Functionality is easy to grasp.

Cons: Uploading a presentation proved difficult, despite it meeting the designated parameters. All of the options such as quizzes, polling, etc were greyed out and couldn't be accessed. The basic option is really basic. I upgraded to get enhanced functionality and instead got nothing.

• Reviewed on 28/04/2020
Bojan M.
Network Administrator
Higher Education, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2019

"Simple yet great presentation software"

Comments: Mentimeter is a great tool that I use in almost all my classes. In a few minutes, you can collect students' opinions or create any kind of presentation. It is definitely a tool that I would recommend using

Pros: Mentimeter is super easy to use presentation software. I have used only free version, which is limited to 12 presentations but it was enough for what I have needed. There are many question types to choose from but I used (and liked) the most "word cloud". I am using word cloud almost regularly in my classroom as I would like to know students opinion about certain topic.

Cons: In my opinion pro plan is a little bit expensive and basic plan do not offer that much to switch from free to basic.

• Reviewed on 23/10/2019
Jessica B.
Group Marketing and Brand Manager
Civil Engineering, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/01/2020

"Great for maximising employee engagement and Q&A discussions..."

Comments: When it works, it really works. We most recently used Mentimeter at our last internal staff training event. We had a room of about 30 employees, all who connected on their phones for the interactive part of our presentation. We hosted a 'Health and Safety' quiz, and employees loved seeing their results show up on the main presentation behind us. We were also able to export the results, and analyse the level of competence in the room - brilliant! We use Mentimeter for internal staff events every 3-4 months and it has changed the level of engagement dramatically. All staff members now interact, and are deeply immersed in the presentation itself.

Pros: Mentimeter has been a great platform for engaging with our employees at our internal staff events. It has also increased audience participation overall enabling us to gain insightful feedback and opinions from all staff members, introverts and extroverts alike. My favourite feature is the 'leaderboard' for hosting live quizzes, followed by the 'Q&A' feature. The latter is especially effective when you have a more reserved audience - they can submit their questions to the main presenter at the tap of button, ensuring their voice has been heard. It is easy to use and user friendly for those who are attending a presentation. Most importantly, the tool has enabled us to canvas the opinion of our staff members and engage with those who may not have felt like participating before. You can create Mentimeter presentations to match your corporate brand too. Moreover, if you are familiar with Microsoft Powerpoint, you will have no problem getting used to this software.

Cons: For those people who are not tech savvy at all, it can be a lengthy process of getting someone to "connect to WIFI", "open browser", "type in mentimeter URL", "type in presentation code". Indeed, if someone can facilitate their set up, the rest is easy - this is what we have done in the past and will continue to do so until everyone is familiar. I would love to see more ideas from Mentimenter on how to use the software to its very best, particularly from different angles - e.g. marketing teams, training providers, HR interviewers, etc...

• Reviewed on 13/01/2020
Brittane R.
Quality Assurance Analyst
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2018

"My company uses Mentimeter to do a lot of our votings and anonymous feedback/questions."

Pros: I really like that we are able to ask our executive managers anonymous questions during staff meetings. This way, all our questions and concerns get answered without feeling self conscious about asking questions out in the open. My scrum team also uses the voting feature for our Sprint Retrospective. It makes the voting faster and provides visually appealing graphs and charts that can be easily read by everyone.

Cons: It can get confusing when using the codes to vote during our Scrum Retrospective. It means we have to have a different code for each team member. Having to input different codes each time can be tedious.

• Reviewed on 28/02/2018
Quality Assurance Analyst II
  • Reviewed on 31/01/2018

"Good tool for voting"

Pros: Mentimeter is a simple and quick way to get real-time votes from a group of people. Whenever I do polling I use it. It has a free version so that is a plus. The free plan comes with unlimited questions and respondents. It is very intuitive and interactive when making presentations that requires the audience input.

• Reviewed on 31/01/2018
Marcelina K.
studio coordinator
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/04/2021

"amazing tool!"

Pros: I love that it makes studying easier. My professor showed it to us during lessons some time ago and it was a great tool to make lessons more interesting :)

Cons: everything works just fine, totally recommend

• Reviewed on 21/04/2021
Tee D.
Video Producer
Insurance, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2019

"Engage & Interactive with your audience"

Comments: I understand presentation can be boring, but with Mentimeter. It takes presentations to the next level plus it gives you live analytics on your presentation.

Pros: Mentimeter is easy to navigate and presentations fun and interactive. It provides like capablity for audiences to leave their opinions, polls and comments to keep your presentation rolling without outbursts or focusing on one to many questions during your presentation.

Cons: Depending on your mobile device, program may give some glitches to loading to next slide of the presentation.

• Reviewed on 05/02/2019
Yannick W.
Education Program Associate
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2019

"Great tool for easy audience engagement"

Pros: - many types of questions to choose from
- quick and easy way to engage the audience and get feedback

Cons: - only annual subscription
- free version is limited

• Reviewed on 12/04/2019
Hannah C.
Psygologist
Mental Health Care, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2020

"Incredible transformation of presentations"

Comments: This app is great for my projects that I use for my clients!

Pros: The fact that it can tranform a boring, long and tiring presentation, into one that is interactive, fun and cheerful makes it a great app.

Cons: I did not like the fact that, at times the app takes a lot of time to show the poll results to viewers.

• Reviewed on 19/11/2020
Erik P.
Director of Technology
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/01/2020

"wow, just wow"

Comments: I was at a conference when I first saw this program in use by one of the main speakers. I was amazed at how easy it was to feel like I was really participating with his talk. I had to try it myself. I made an account, explored the options, and setup a quick little survey to try with a small group at the office. It was so easy. I plan to use this again soon.

Pros: This is an absolutely amazing way to encourage engagement and group participation with your audience. It offers several different kinds of options and has all the bells and whistles you would expect with this kind of program.

Cons: I can't think of any feature in this program that was desired and missing or didn't work as I was hoping it would.

• Reviewed on 07/01/2020
Reshma A.
Regional Organizational Development and Culture Specialist
  • Reviewed on 01/03/2018

"WORD CLOUDS - my favourite thing!"

Comments: Engagement of staff at all levels - and that is so very important.

Pros: It is so easy to set up and customize various polls in different formats, to set up a specific brand and mode of presentation, and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE that you can embed a menti directly into a Powerpoint slide so that you can directly run a presentation without breaking the flow.

Cons: Can't really think of anything significant -but perhaps I would say - lets see how else we can embed into other ways - Prezi for example? Or a live post on Workplace?

• Reviewed on 01/03/2018
Rick R.
Director of Financial Services
Accounting, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2019

"Mentimeter is great for engagement"

Comments: Overall, Mentimeter is a great tool to include in any presentation.

Pros: Mentimeter is a great tool for engaging an audience. Integrating the software into a presentation provides instant feedback on your audience's views.

Cons: Mentimeter offers limited options in the free trial, which limit the ability to evaluate the software before purchasing.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2019
Marissa A.
Teacher
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/04/2021

"Educators Love Mentimeter"

Comments: I am impressed to the features offer in free version. I am also thankful that they have free version rather than free trial. Amazing app for us educators.

Pros: I am an educator and tried using this in my presentation to other teachers. I love it in a way that we can interact. You can create Multiple Choice Questions, open ended questions and Q & A. You can even edit per slide for the layout. We can add images or videos as well in your slide. This is cool that it has free version, then you can save your presentations.

Cons: Of course, if you wanted more features they will ask you subscribe. Also, because only few knows this great interactive platform, it takes time to explain how it works. We wish that through this, more educators will explore this great platform for our students.

• Reviewed on 13/04/2021
Ben F.
Employee Engagement Manager
Wholesale, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2020

"Really good tool but could be more stylish"

Comments: I have used Mentimeter to deliver richer learning experiences in our business. It is easy to use and doesn't tend to disrupt the flow of the session (unless the wifi is playing up!). It's also great for anonymity and data analytics. As a result, it's also great for focus group and feedback sessions as people feel more comfortable giving feedback when it's anonymous.

Pros: Mentimeter is a new tool in our business so most people haven't experienced using it before. The interactive features are great and create a much more engaging experience. It's also extremely easy to use and feels similar to powerpoint when creating your slides so it has a familiar feel to it.

Cons: My only criticism is that the styling (i.e. look and feel) is a bit basic. It would make the experience much better if it could be styled differently. This is a relatively minor point though.

• Reviewed on 01/09/2020
Software Quality Assurance Analyst
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2018

"Taking the concept of interactive to new levels"

Comments: Superb tool for polling during presentations

Pros: First, just to say, I'm glad I came across Mentimeter.
Mentimeter is a great presentation tool that allows the presenter to engage and interact with the audience in real-time.
It's polling feature is awesome and allows you to set the questions and your audience can give their input using a mobile phone or any other device connected to the Internet. It is an easy-to-use online tool and can be used as a major boost for one meeting and presentation. Everyone out there should use this tool. It's quite fun to use.

Cons: I have yet to come across a con for Mentimeter. Maybe my vision is a bit blurred and I am failing to see, up to this point, the drawbacks.
The only disadvantage I can mention is really related to people, the audience. And how truthful they are with the presentation polls.

• Reviewed on 08/02/2018
Alexander S.
Education Management
  • Reviewed on 14/04/2015

"Most innovative tool in the market"

Comments: Mentimeter is offering unique opportunities of interactivity with an audience. Especially the immediate participation in a survey by QR-Codes without the need of installing any application is a great help to implement a survey. The results will appear immediately on the screen in an attractive layout. With the question type „Open Ended“ it is easy to start a brainstorming and in combination with the layout option „Word Cloud“ you get a fantastic overview. Concluding Mentimeter is an innovative tool for presentations in business meetings, school classes and lectures at university.

Pros: a lot - especially: interactivity, responsiveness, general performance, reliability, intuitive handling

Cons: None - it's worth doing the upgrade

• Reviewed on 14/04/2015
Ramzi B.
Head of Growth
  • Reviewed on 29/12/2019

"Great features but be careful of making a subscription as they are manipulative!"

Pros: Great way to engage with audiences in events

Cons: When checking out, the price was shown in months and then all of a sudden it changed to annual before payment. I then paid for it annually not noticing that. I feel that was manipulative and unfair especially considering I only needed the product for 1 event. They also promise 14-day refunds in big writing and then apparently, since I used it once I am not eligible, All I was asking was to refund the 11 months I wasn't using it haha. Anyway great product but very disappointed in the end

• Reviewed on 29/12/2019
Senior Curriculum and Instructional Manager
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2019

"Mentimeter - Far Ahead of the Competition"

Pros: The software is very intuitive and has all of the instructions plainly displayed for reference as you build your assessments.

Cons: The free trial version does not allow you to set the answer response time to unlimited, but only offers a 20 minute max response time option.

• Reviewed on 10/04/2019
Rebekah D.
Planning & Initiatives Administrator
Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/06/2019

"Absolutely Awesome!"

Comments: I am VERY happy with Mentimeter and have already suggested it to several of my colleagues who are trying to think of a fun and innovative way to get people involved in their meetings.

Pros: This is great for using at a team meeting/presentation that requires collaboration or discussion. It is a fun and entertaining way to brainstorm ideas, instantaneously updates from votes people submit through their phones, and displays the information in an innovative and creative way. VERY high calibre software! DELIGHTED by my discovery of them.

Cons: There is nothing I have encountered thus far that I dislike.

by Mentimeter on 14/06/2019

Hi Rebekah, we all appreciate the review and positive feedback.

We will continue to develop Mentimeter so you can enjoy us even more in the future

• Reviewed on 13/06/2019
teacher
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/10/2020

"I was manipulated and paid annual fee!"

Comments: horrible. I want my money back. this is deceiving customers by manipulating them.

Pros: it is just an ordinary app.There are other cheaper and more reliable apps that don't overcharge you.

Cons: They billed me annually and withdrew the money at one time. I thought I was going to be billed monthly once I subscribed but that was not the case. And now they say in their website that if I have used the app once they cannot refund my money back for the rest of the year! This is simply fraud! Also in the pricing plan you cannot even read the notification that it is the annual plan and you have to buy it annually! DO not ever buy this product.

• Reviewed on 27/10/2020
Abdel R.
Operation coordinator
Cosmetics, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2020

"User support team are not responding"

Comments: I find it very expensive and coasty so as per their policy I can request refund within first 14 days, its been a week since I email them and they never get back to be, I started to think its a scam organisation

Pros: Good voting program , as a supporting slid in presentations it would be a plus

Cons: No direct customer support contact its just an email and they occasionally reply

• Reviewed on 10/04/2020
School librarian
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/03/2019

"Mentimeter review"

Pros: The ease of use. Great options for feedback from participants.

Cons: The free version is very limited. I’d like multiple options for the same presentations.

• Reviewed on 07/03/2019
Natalie G.
Sales Enablement Coordinator
Medical Devices, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/04/2021

"Fun, simple way to keep meetings engaging"

Comments: Our larger meetings (especially world-wide) have been revolutionized. People pay attention, can anonymously share what they truly feel, or participate in easy and manageable team building.

Pros: LOVE the word clouds-- great way to keep attention in meetings by asking for submissions like that or adding in polls. Really versatile software, usable both for business and for team building. Easy to use as "Two Truths and a Lie" game, trivia, etc. on top of gathering employee ideas/feelings relating to work

Cons: Honestly no complaints- very intuitive, simple, low-maintenance.

• Reviewed on 09/04/2021