Mentimeter Reviews

Learn more about Mentimeter

Asistente de Docencia
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/07/2019

"A powerful software for interactive slides"

Comments: Mentimeter is a great tool when creating interactive slides in undergraduate classes. It permits both the students and the professor to participate actively in the class.

Pros: Mentimeter permits the administrator to create interactive slides. The students are motivated not only because their comments, questions and answers are presented anonymously during the class, but because they use their mobile phones and see the slides. Beyond the interactive slides, it includes clouds of words, quick tests, voting and express if they are enjoying the presentation.

Cons: The free version only permits a limited number of interactive slides. Despite the license is not considered expensive, it also limits some of the interactive tools and can cause the students to feel fatigued.

• Reviewed on 16/07/2019
Yvonne S.
Yvonne S.
Instructional Designer
E-Learning, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/09/2019

"Mentimeter makes presentations engagning"

Comments: Love Mentimeter! It's a great way to get your audience to participate and even guide your presentation where it needs to go based on their needs. I get the best results when I ask the audience what they want to learn and since it can be annoymous I get loads of participation and engagement.

Pros: I LOVE that you can integrate this into MS Powerpoint because I have seen so many presentations go from boring to engaging with Mentimeter. It helps that you can introduce a new topic and pull audiences back in with the use of this. Plus, you don't need any additional hardware since is web based.

Cons: If you have a whole lot of text or long questions and answer choices, it does affect the clean look of it. So if you write a whole lot or like to ask detailed questions, this may not look as nice.

• Reviewed on 27/09/2019
Program Assistant
Higher Education, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2019

"Great for interactive presentations"

Comments: We have used this product many times and would recommend it to others. It is easy to use, can be accessed from anywhere, and most importantly is user friendly for those who are attending a presentation. Even those who aren’t tech savvy can participate

Pros: After looking into many interactive presentation softwares, mentimeter came out on top. The thing I liked most about this product is that presentation attendees need not create a login, it is as simple as going to a website and typing in a code. This was a must for my needs. As I used this product, functionality became more clear. One feature that is really beneficial is the presentation shows up on users devices- this allows them to follow along AND not get distracted by other items. It is really nice that you can upload a PowerPoint and incorporate menti questions into your customized template.

Cons: The free version of this website is very limited, however, menti did give a discount to nonprofits so even on a tight budget, it is affordable.

• Reviewed on 06/02/2019
Business Solution Consultant
Chemicals, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2020

"Perfect voting/interaction tool for presentation!"

Comments: Perfect tool that goes with the online meeting/presentation

Pros: Voters/Attendees of an online meeting can access the website easily via laptop/smartphone without any VPN (you just need a key from the organizer)
All votes are anonymous so opinions can be expressed more freely
Users can also raise questions using the same tool
All kinds of data visualization for text/statistics

Cons: Nothing to complain as an users. I'm not sure if the poll/questionnaire is ease to organize as a host.

• Reviewed on 17/06/2020
Paula I.
Paula I.
Management Consulting
  • Reviewed on 14/04/2015

"One of my favourite tools"

Comments: I use Mentimeter probably every week. We have to do a lot of our meetings remotely through telco or Lync, and with Mentimeter I can make sure that all participants are equally involved in the process. My favorite set-up is to do the "single choice" series with a segmentation of the results at the end. There is often a very appealing aha-effect from seeing th results diplayed like this in real-time. I don't know of any other tool that could let you do this. What I love is especially is the fact that I can make Mentimeter look almost exactly like our own PPT-template. I have been asked several times if this is an internal tool :) Mentimeter is at it's most valuable when it spurs a discussion around the results. This can be incredible sometimes, since the audience has created the results together, they feel that what they are seeing is truly relevant and they often do their uttermost to draw the right conclusions from the data.

Karim J.
Agility Coach
Oil & Energy, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/08/2021

"Engaging and fun Virtual Meeting tool"

Comments: MentiMeter was very helpful in many presentations I did. Audience enjoyed the quiz feature very well.

Pros: I liked the main user interface, ease of use for most of the features. I liked the polls and quiz feature is appealing to the eyes. It even has music and avatars.

Cons: I think it was too expensive for my budget. There was a new feature for remote, but It was super clear for me how to use and its purpose. Not sure if there was powerpoint add-ins?

• Reviewed on 05/08/2021
Natalie G.
Sales Enablement Coordinator
Medical Devices, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/04/2021

"Fun, simple way to keep meetings engaging"

Comments: Our larger meetings (especially world-wide) have been revolutionized. People pay attention, can anonymously share what they truly feel, or participate in easy and manageable team building.

Pros: LOVE the word clouds-- great way to keep attention in meetings by asking for submissions like that or adding in polls. Really versatile software, usable both for business and for team building. Easy to use as "Two Truths and a Lie" game, trivia, etc. on top of gathering employee ideas/feelings relating to work

Cons: Honestly no complaints- very intuitive, simple, low-maintenance.

• Reviewed on 09/04/2021
Srinivasan T.
Srinivasan T.
Professor
Higher Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/09/2020

"A good interaction tool"

Comments: It has been very much a fun element with the nice graphics and effects of live tracking of students' inputs and being displayed back.

Pros: Very simple to use and easy to setup and is universally accessible, without the need to have an app installed for the purpose

Cons: The pricing needs to be localized- especially for developing countries and for educators who plan to use it in their classes

• Reviewed on 26/09/2020
William T.
Marketing & Sales Manager
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2020

"William review"

Comments: It is my first use online slide app but because it is lack the video slide attachment, therefore I switch to Ahaslides.

Pros: independent photo with bullet text slide.

Cons: they don't have youtube or video link slides.

• Reviewed on 17/04/2020
Gina M.
Analyst
Consumer Services, 10,000+ Employees

"Menti"

Pros: This is great for large groups/collecting feedback as you go during workshops

Cons: Freemium version is very limited as to what you can do

Jennifer P.
Teacher
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2019

"Adding layers to learning"

Pros: As a teacher I love that I can check in and survey student understanding with Mentimeter. It provides instant feedback and displays it in a non-threatening way when projected for whole class viewing of responses.

Cons: At this point in time I have found everything to satisfaction.

Timo U.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2021

"Engagement first presentation tool"

Comments: I like Menti when I want to create engaging session with the audience. Using the usual Zoom chat function, the text is separate from the presentation, but with Menti it falls nicely to the right place into the presentation flow and you can later get nice co-created slides.

Pros: I like that you can run the whole presentation from Menti, but I think often average users don't do that. When I have been using it for my presentations, it put all the slides there, getting a nice smooth experience. That's much better than switching between "main" presentation and Menti, and I hope more people will use it like that in the future. I also like that you can nicely export the final co-created slides, with audience inputs.

Cons: I really don't have complaints, but just a wish. I wish that I could use Menti active presentation as my Zoom virtual background, like you can currently do with their beta function PPT as background. If that could be Menti as well, that would be brilliant!

• Reviewed on 30/07/2021
Ben F.
Employee Engagement Manager
Wholesale, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2020

"Really good tool but could be more stylish"

Comments: I have used Mentimeter to deliver richer learning experiences in our business. It is easy to use and doesn't tend to disrupt the flow of the session (unless the wifi is playing up!). It's also great for anonymity and data analytics. As a result, it's also great for focus group and feedback sessions as people feel more comfortable giving feedback when it's anonymous.

Pros: Mentimeter is a new tool in our business so most people haven't experienced using it before. The interactive features are great and create a much more engaging experience. It's also extremely easy to use and feels similar to powerpoint when creating your slides so it has a familiar feel to it.

Cons: My only criticism is that the styling (i.e. look and feel) is a bit basic. It would make the experience much better if it could be styled differently. This is a relatively minor point though.

• Reviewed on 01/09/2020
Hope A.
teacher
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/07/2021

"Great Tool and Easy to Use"

Comments: I use this software at least once a week. It makes my classroom more engaging. It also keeps all data nice and neat for me. Mentimeter is so easy to use. It has many different options so you can change up your questions or your quiz so they don't look the same every time. Wonderful product!

Pros: I really like how Mentimeter is easy to use. I have created a few questions as an exit ticket for my students last minute. I have also used this tool for vocabulary, to see how my students were feeling about their homework, and also to see if they are understanding a topic. I love that you can get instant feedback in a variety of ways.

Cons: The software only allows you to create two questions with the free version. But other than that, it is a wonderful tool to help engage my students.

• Reviewed on 16/07/2021
Marissa A.
Teacher
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/04/2021

"Educators Love Mentimeter"

Comments: I am impressed to the features offer in free version. I am also thankful that they have free version rather than free trial. Amazing app for us educators.

Pros: I am an educator and tried using this in my presentation to other teachers. I love it in a way that we can interact. You can create Multiple Choice Questions, open ended questions and Q & A. You can even edit per slide for the layout. We can add images or videos as well in your slide. This is cool that it has free version, then you can save your presentations.

Cons: Of course, if you wanted more features they will ask you subscribe. Also, because only few knows this great interactive platform, it takes time to explain how it works. We wish that through this, more educators will explore this great platform for our students.

• Reviewed on 13/04/2021
Software Quality Assurance Analyst
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2018

"Taking the concept of interactive to new levels"

Comments: Superb tool for polling during presentations

Pros: First, just to say, I'm glad I came across Mentimeter.
Mentimeter is a great presentation tool that allows the presenter to engage and interact with the audience in real-time.
It's polling feature is awesome and allows you to set the questions and your audience can give their input using a mobile phone or any other device connected to the Internet. It is an easy-to-use online tool and can be used as a major boost for one meeting and presentation. Everyone out there should use this tool. It's quite fun to use.

Cons: I have yet to come across a con for Mentimeter. Maybe my vision is a bit blurred and I am failing to see, up to this point, the drawbacks.
The only disadvantage I can mention is really related to people, the audience. And how truthful they are with the presentation polls.

• Reviewed on 08/02/2018
Alexander S.
Alexander S.
Education Management
  • Reviewed on 14/04/2015

"Most innovative tool in the market"

Comments: Mentimeter is offering unique opportunities of interactivity with an audience. Especially the immediate participation in a survey by QR-Codes without the need of installing any application is a great help to implement a survey. The results will appear immediately on the screen in an attractive layout. With the question type „Open Ended“ it is easy to start a brainstorming and in combination with the layout option „Word Cloud“ you get a fantastic overview. Concluding Mentimeter is an innovative tool for presentations in business meetings, school classes and lectures at university.

Pros: a lot - especially: interactivity, responsiveness, general performance, reliability, intuitive handling

Cons: None - it's worth doing the upgrade

Ramzi B.
Ramzi B.
Head of Growth
  • Reviewed on 29/12/2019

"Great features but be careful of making a subscription as they are manipulative!"

Pros: Great way to engage with audiences in events

Cons: When checking out, the price was shown in months and then all of a sudden it changed to annual before payment. I then paid for it annually not noticing that. I feel that was manipulative and unfair especially considering I only needed the product for 1 event. They also promise 14-day refunds in big writing and then apparently, since I used it once I am not eligible, All I was asking was to refund the 11 months I wasn't using it haha. Anyway great product but very disappointed in the end

• Reviewed on 29/12/2019
Senior Curriculum and Instructional Manager
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2019

"Mentimeter - Far Ahead of the Competition"

Pros: The software is very intuitive and has all of the instructions plainly displayed for reference as you build your assessments.

Cons: The free trial version does not allow you to set the answer response time to unlimited, but only offers a 20 minute max response time option.

• Reviewed on 10/04/2019
Rebekah D.
Rebekah D.
Planning & Initiatives Administrator
Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/06/2019

"Absolutely Awesome!"

Comments: I am VERY happy with Mentimeter and have already suggested it to several of my colleagues who are trying to think of a fun and innovative way to get people involved in their meetings.

Pros: This is great for using at a team meeting/presentation that requires collaboration or discussion. It is a fun and entertaining way to brainstorm ideas, instantaneously updates from votes people submit through their phones, and displays the information in an innovative and creative way. VERY high calibre software! DELIGHTED by my discovery of them.

Cons: There is nothing I have encountered thus far that I dislike.

by Mentimeter on 14/06/2019

Hi Rebekah, we all appreciate the review and positive feedback.

We will continue to develop Mentimeter so you can enjoy us even more in the future

• Reviewed on 13/06/2019
teacher
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/10/2020

"I was manipulated and paid annual fee!"

Comments: horrible. I want my money back. this is deceiving customers by manipulating them.

Pros: it is just an ordinary app.There are other cheaper and more reliable apps that don't overcharge you.

Cons: They billed me annually and withdrew the money at one time. I thought I was going to be billed monthly once I subscribed but that was not the case. And now they say in their website that if I have used the app once they cannot refund my money back for the rest of the year! This is simply fraud! Also in the pricing plan you cannot even read the notification that it is the annual plan and you have to buy it annually! DO not ever buy this product.

• Reviewed on 27/10/2020
Abdel R.
Operation coordinator
Cosmetics, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2020

"User support team are not responding"

Comments: I find it very expensive and coasty so as per their policy I can request refund within first 14 days, its been a week since I email them and they never get back to be, I started to think its a scam organisation

Pros: Good voting program , as a supporting slid in presentations it would be a plus

Cons: No direct customer support contact its just an email and they occasionally reply

• Reviewed on 10/04/2020
School librarian
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/03/2019

"Mentimeter review"

Pros: The ease of use. Great options for feedback from participants.

Cons: The free version is very limited. I’d like multiple options for the same presentations.

• Reviewed on 07/03/2019
Paul B.
Paul B.
Human Resource Development
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2020

"A smart tool that looks slick but has some frustrating limitations"

Comments: We like Mentimeter a lot. You can be up and running with it in minutes, and it takes literally seconds to create a typical wordcloud or other slide. It looks amazing to those answering the questions. There are downsides though and I hope future updates will add functionality and improve the experience for paying users.

Pros: Mentimeter allows you to easily (very easily) create and launch live, interactive polls, surveys and quizzes and create cool things like wordclouds in real time. It has a really smooth mobile integration through the use of QR codes which is a killer feature in the modern age. We have frequently had "wow moments" in meetings, workshops and training sessions using Mentimeter as people see animated quiz standing come in in real time and the like. Zero learning curve from the users point of view and almost frictionless.

Cons: It has a few limitations that make it less slick from the point of view of the person using it compared to the people answering the questions. It does not integrate well with Powerpoint. There is an outdated and never updated plug in which crashes all the time and thus unusable. The other option is to import your slides into Mentimeter and do the whole thing from there. This is not always advisable because animations are not preserved and the general look of the slides suffers. Without PPT integration, if you are running a remote session using Zoom or similar you are forcing people to navigate away from your window to use Mentimeter and then relying on them coming back to see the results come in in real time. It damages the experience tremendously. You get around this by showing QR codes and having them do it on their phones, but still, not ideal. Another issue is that moving or otherwise adjusting slide shows inside Mentimeter is a huge pain. Drag and drop to change the order of slides is basically broken, so me and my team always make sure everything is in order before importing (if we even use importing, see above). Even a no-integrated session with more than a few Mentimeter slides is a huge pain to adjust. Finally, although they claim that switching between say PPT and Mentimeter on the fly is easy, it inhibits you from easily and smoothly moving to the next question. Not ideal.

• Reviewed on 30/09/2020
Chad E.
Developer
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2018

"An efficient way to get instant feedback"

Pros: It is fast and easy to use. Allows the users to remain anonymous so they can feel more comfortable indicating their opinions. Excellent charts to present the poling of the results which is quite handy to verify how your audience feel about a presentation.

Cons: There are quite a few bugs:
Sometimes the app doesn't remember the event code.
There are times when a question cannot be skipped.
It is sometimes problematic to access the results from my PC.

• Reviewed on 22/02/2018