Filter by:

• Overall

About Shortcut

Shortcut is a fast project management platform built for today's software team. Free for teams up to 10 users.

Learn more about Shortcut

• Reviewed on 04/08/2019

"While Clubhouse can do some things well, it is lacking in many areas"

Comments: My experience with Clubhouse was not great to say the least. While the UI is promising, and the price per user is much lower than others, you get what you pay for. Like too many other project management apps, there is not enough focus on the time being tracked vs a budget for the project you are working on. The project layers overlap in a way that would be good if you were working on individual projects for a larger product, but not if you are working on individual projects geared towards individual clients.

Pros: I think the best part of Clubhouse is the robust API that can allow a dev team to add or complement to the existing platform. Clubhouse seems designed for teams focusing on a product or a small portfolio of similar products or complimentary features. It does not seem designed for a consulting or agency style development shop.

Cons: Clubhouse is lacking in a number of areas that should be expected features in agile project management software. Completion dates are buried, no project budgeting or hourly rates, no invoicing or adding expenses, time tracking, resource management, personal task lists, custom fields, dependencies. It also seemed overwhelming to get set up and running.

• Reviewed on 04/08/2019
Tanya B.
Customer Success Manager
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/08/2021

"Great tool for the team"

Pros: Clubhouse has helped aid collaboration between cross functional teams at our company. We've been able to submit feature requests, report bugs and so much more. It seems to have helped to streamline the development and bug fix process.

Cons: Sometimes hard to find old tickets previously created.

• Reviewed on 24/08/2021
Antoinette L.
Valuation assistant
Real Estate, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2021

"Good software"

Comments: The overall experience is an Enjoyable one interfacing with the platform and I would definitely encourage anyone will to try to do so.

Pros: The cost of the software was so low in relation to the others in the market and you get so much out of the application it’s unbelievable.

Cons: There is no invoicing or tracking time so this was a bit of a turn off for me if this feature is upgraded the overall experience would be top notch

• Reviewed on 29/05/2021
Florence B.
Florence B.
VP Marketing
  • Reviewed on 21/01/2021

"Great to manage our design team priorities"

Comments: Great product. Easier for us to use that Github for task management (which is what we used before).

Pros: We use Clubhouse to manage priorities in our design team and it is really easy to use in this respect. It's easy to create stories, boards and tasks and to steer our team to be more productive.

Cons: I'd love to be able to format text without the need for markdown. That would be great!

• Reviewed on 21/01/2021
Jing Z.
Sr Software Developer
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees

"Clubhouse is great!"

Comments: We use it on daily bases and have had great overall experience with Clubhouse, as it helps us with breaking large projects into manageable pieces that can be prepared and planned, tracked, scheduled in every phase of the development process.

Pros: Manage projects in hierarchy using EPICS, STORIES and TASKS, and be able to label them based on your firm's development process (example: sprint_5, design_discussion, etc.) and define different phases anyway you like, such as Backlog, Development, Review, Deployment and Completion. Then you have different views of the projects at any time, like Report, Status.

Cons: I wished there could be a way to attach an identifier to each of the tasks, in case that one would use it when checking in the code or communicating with others

Product Manager

"Clubhouse Review"

Pros: - It is very simple and flexibile to the engineer and non-engineer (me) in terms of updating
- It enables quick updating to single or multiple stories
- It allows us to scale across different team structures and org designs
- They seem to iterate and introduce functionality steadily

Cons: Nothing really that I can identify. I would say that the reporting could use some more work in terms of surfacing insights on how a team can be work better together. Cycle time analytics would be goood

Bryan F.
Lead DevOps Engineer
  • Reviewed on 26/04/2019

"Easy to Use and Cost Effective"

Comments: We migrated away from Atlassian Jira to Clubhouse due to how slow and complicated it was setup and maintain. Getting our stories & projects migrated away form Jira was quick and painless, allowing us to get off the ground quick with the transition. Setup is very minimal to get a basic workflow going, and adjusting it to meet your needs doesn't take much work. Support is friendly and very responsive, and helped us out with some minor qibbles and questions. The only two downsides are that the reporting and search features are currently unpolished and need some work.

Pros: The software is simple enough for our entire team to use efficiently, but still flexible enough to meet our workflow.

Cons: The reporting capabilities are very bare bones and not very useful. We ended up creating a script to pull data from the API into a third party database to run reports and analytics against.

Jordan C.
Internet, 2-10 Employees

"Clubhouse rocks!"

Comments: Tool is amazing. Support is amazing. Community is amazing. Look forward to a world where more companies are using Clubhouse.

Pros: It's quite simply the best Agile/Kanban tool I've ever used. Trello never cut the mustard for us at my previous companies, Clubhouse is the perfect marriage of simplicity and utility for organizing team sprints.

Cons: Analytics (burndown charts, etc.) are not terribly useful. I've had to build my own implementations around the API to get the info I need.

Head of Growth
Internet, 11-50 Employees

"Simple yet Feature-Loaded"

Comments: I've had a very good experience with Clubhouse and for the price it does offer everything that is needed to run agile teams.

Pros: As a growth marketer who really enjoys working in an agile environment, I realize I need tools that are not as overly complex to understand, as sometimes it requires bringing in individuals who have never worked in an agile environment. Clubhouse is easy to use while not sacrificing the required structures for agile environments.

Cons: I got used to other, more complicated software before adopting Clubhouse. This means that I do miss some of the reporting features offered by other competitors. Clubhouse does offer more basic reporting, but I loved the higher complexity of Jira's reporting. I also don't like that you can't necessarily flag items in the story board nor have multiple swimlanes for Epic organization. However, I have adjusted to this fine overtime and I think that never used those features before won't have a need for them necessarily.

Daniel P.
Director of Product
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2019

"Easy to use for everyone"

Pros: Rather than being a tool that is over engineered for Product Managers, Developers, or any other subset of a team - Clubhouse is truly designed to be easy to use across functions in a team, and that is critical for a project management tool like this.

Cons: Needs support for sprints/iterations! Tracking them requires "hacking" the feature set.

Alessio R.
Alessio R.
Managing Partner
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2018

"Kanban board on steroids"

Pros: Clubhouse allows us to run our projects exactly the way we like. Its features are quite extensive (starting from a kanban base, which I love), it's fast and its filtering is great.

Cons: I'd love a mobile app, and it'd be great to have a stronger and more visual representation of the relationship between projects, epics and stories.

• Reviewed on 13/02/2018
Gabrielle T.
Email Marketing Associate
  • Reviewed on 17/01/2020

"A little difficult to get used to, but once you're there it's great"

Comments: It really benefitted our tech organization, but as a marketer I didn't find it as intuitive as I would've liked

Pros: I do like the many ways you can label and prioritize projects, how easy it is to assign and unassign tasks, etc. It is definitely a great platform

Cons: Getting used to what the various names of project groupings and titles, what they mean, and how they fit together took more time than I would've liked and weren't super intuitive

• Reviewed on 17/01/2020
Software Engineer
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2019

"work in progress, good so far"

Comments: great customer service experience so far

Pros: - great UI
- saves stories when I navigate around
- story relationships
- tasks on stories
- turning tasks to new stories

Cons: - I want label filters to support AND and OR and NOT. like I want to be able to see all things with BOTH of 2 labels and NOT another label. right now it just uses OR for all the labels I select
- I want a better landing page that shows me what I have to do. right now, I never use the "stories" page because I have literally hundreds of stories, so manually drag/drop prioritizing them won't work... and the label filters aren't powerful enough for me to sort well either.
- I often leave code in my comments and descriptions and all the tabs are removed when I press save. This makes it very hard to read.

Sean F.
UI/UX Designer
Architecture & Planning, 51-200 Employees

"Does a job"

Comments: Really intuitive to use, enables us to run a tight ship in terms of product releases, generally just a highly practical system

Pros: Pretty simple to use and highly customisable

Cons: I feel the UI could be improved - feels a little outdated, and the purple is a bit much. Just doesn't feel super enjoyable as a space to spend lots of time, particularly given that it's a screen that I'm always opening.

Imani J.
Account Receivable
Package/Freight Delivery, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2019

"This is a great platform!"

Pros: I am grateful for the ability to communicate with our product/engineering team regarding issue that need to be worked on especially with the ability to review the timeline and corresponding dialog for the progress of the issue.

Cons: sometimes it is a little messy and confusing trying to review the timeline of a ticket off first glance

Vaibhav G.
Lead QA

"Best PM tool"

Pros: 1. Ability to track and manage multiple projects with ease.
2. Zapier integration made it easy to integrate with other tools like zendesk/wrike/practitest
3. Ability to create Story templates
4. Kanban story boards
5. Comprehensive search filters

Cons: 1. Lack of mobile app
2. Lacks test case management tool integrations

John M.
IT Engineer
  • Reviewed on 04/04/2018

"User friendly project management with great customizations"

Pros: Unlike JIRA, Clubhouse is very user friendly and intuitive. Allows for individual teams to track projects and tasks, while also being able to integrate with other teams.

Cons: There is no out of the box time tracking feature. Not as many features as other project management tools.

• Reviewed on 04/04/2018
Bianca M.
Sr. Accountant
Food & Beverages, 201-500 Employees

"Great & Easy Software!"

Pros: When you are working for a start-up where things are changing left & right, it's easy to lose track of the status of projects. With Clubhouse it was really easy to utilize & track the projects we have going on here at Slice.

Cons: Only con I have is that when you first login, the software can be a bit intimidating meaning there were a ton of features in the software that required me to either seek for help on or read up on what it was for. I recommend a more friendlier version of the software.

Marketing Executive
  • Reviewed on 03/06/2021

"A new perspective of social media"

Comments: I am genuinely impressed with this new application and the limitation of it being only audio pushes me to get out of my comfort zone and get out there and make my voice heard.

Pros: The live interaction between people, the aspect of having real time interaction with people than recorded sessions make everything feel much more genuine and real.

Cons: so far I don't feel like there's a feature of dislike at this point. Can't wait to see how this app grows.

• Reviewed on 03/06/2021
Businesss Development Manager, Speaker
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/07/2021

"It was good to try it but it's time has gone"

Comments: A positive one, definitely it was worth trying the tool and seeing how it works.

Pros: It was very popular for some time and you could gather many people interested in a particular topis and eager to exchange opinions.

Cons: It was popular just for some time. Sometimes, where there were many events it was hard to decide which one to attend.

• Reviewed on 06/07/2021
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2019

"Fantastic for project management"

Pros: The ease of use in setting up, following flow and monitoring a project is absolutely superb.

Cons: I can't think of negatives at this moment.

Ebona M.
CSM
  • Reviewed on 06/04/2018

"Nice tool, not the easiest to navigate"

Pros: That you can create templates from old bugs, chores and feature request allowing you to save time and effort, also they update you in the app when you have been noted somewhere or if a bug did not save correctly so you don't lose work.

Cons: That is it not very intuitive, especially for non-IT types. For example, as an account manager I want something super easy to navigate without much training, however a lot of this ap goes over my head. So I only take advantage on 2-3 things that it can do.

• Reviewed on 06/04/2018
Marketing Associate
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/04/2019

"Feature-rich project management tool"

Pros: - lots of features
- more fields available than other tools
- customizable to a reasonable extent
- great reporting on team performance

Cons: - initial learning curve is steep
- some predefined features don't make sense for our team and we cannot fine-tune them to our case
- sometimes overcomplicated
- too restrictive at times: couldn't find a clear way to add some extra functionalities we need

Kaisa H.
UX Designer
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2019

"An easy and simple solution"

Pros: Rather easy to use solution for building backlogs, light to use. It works.

Cons: There are some usability issues, and the ease of use could be better. The navigation division doesn't always make sense and navigating between projects/stories/epics is difficult.

• Reviewed on 07/05/2019
Megan L.
Data Analyst
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/04/2019

"Hard at first because the many functionalities"

Comments: Great for an overview what your whole team is working on

Pros: The possibilities to customize the tool to your preferences

Cons: It was a bit unclear when you first start with it but after a while it is easy to use.