15 years helping British businesses

About Salesmsg

Simple, scalable, two-way SMS & MMS business texting.

Learn more about Salesmsg

Pros:

I love having a detached number for clients to reach me on. Makes communication very easy whether my agents prefer text and email.

Cons:

Very rarely there is a bit of a lag, and I'll get a response later, but it happens very rarely.

Salesmsg ratings

4.6
4.5
4.4
4.5

8.9/10

Salesmsg has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars based on 75 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Salesmsg before?

Susan
Susan
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

2-Way SMS

Comments: SalesMsg has been great. I had it up and running in no time at all.

Pros:

I love this software. It's easy to set up, use, and the deep integration with ActiveCampaign has already enabled me to close two sales I would have missed previously. The app is awesome!

Cons:

I haven't found anything not to like about the software yet. If I have to choose something, I'd love to see Calendly as a meeting option.

Patrick
Lead Consultant in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

SMS texts for our call center booking process

Comments: We've been glad for the ability to have an SMS feature that can be shared across multiple sales people in our call center. It's been a good value, priced well.

Pros:

We're able to trigger the sending of an SMS message via the API from the web-based SaaS that runs our quoting and order taking business. We can thereby start an SMS conversation automatically when the prospect requests a quote. Then we can manually follow up with that prospect within SalesMessage to close the sale. Anyone on our team can reply and see replies back. It helps us communicate outside of email for the urgent quoting and booking process in our business.

Cons:

Features continue to be added, and we like the pace of development. The integration via the API was good, then some updates were made that limited the 'merge fields' (sort of) that we could make use of. We welcome more capacity for us to send data into SMS messages within the API.

Matthew
Branch Manager in US
Banking, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Needs Improvement

Pros:

Ability to tag, opt out and manage text messages.

Cons:

The system is slow and the app does not work that well. It is very hard to carry on a conversation via the app. Being tied down to a computer to respond to customers is not ideal for the mobile business we are. It would be nice to receive a text while I am out of office and be able to respond right away opposed to waiting to get to a computer to respond.

6 years ago

Hi Matthew, we do have a mobile app for Android and iPhone so you can text on the go. Just download the mobile app and this will solve your problem.

Laurie
Sr. Recruiter in US
Automotive, 10,000+ Employees

Salesmsg Review

Comments: We have three individual phone numbers on our account and I don't know if that complicates the experience but one should be able to click on a contact and type your message.

Pros:

We were desperately in need of a texting communication system for recruitment. Salesmsg was selected for its ability to do mass texting.

Cons:

Not the most user friendly. If you search a contact name and you havent already sent them a message, it

Emily
Emily
Business Owner in US
Cosmetics, 2–10 Employees

Functional & great service

Comments: Positive

Pros:

Customer service is really helpful. I link up the texting platform to my booking software and I love that it has that API - it never fails. Texts come in without any lag time. There is call forwarding that is essential for me and my business.

Cons:

Little bit of a lag on call forwarding. The software can be a little buggy but that is to be expected with such a new product.

Isaiah
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Perfect ActiveCampaign Companion

Comments: 10/10

Pros:

Super easy ActiveCampaign integration. Works amazingly well with automations, app is clean, messages go through without a problem and all messages are recorded in my active campaign contact notes. I’ve used a few other services and this is by far the best for 2 way automated text campaigns and automation.

Cons:

Had an issue with messages not going through but it was solved quickly.

Rebecca
Owner/Operator and Teacher in Canada
E-Learning, Self Employed

Perfect for What I Use it for

Pros:

I offer my Math/Physics students text support between sessions. They LOVE that I do this, as it helps them if they have a crucial assignment due, or are studying for a test and 'get stuck'. Having a separate number from my personal line maintains my privacy, and I can easier set my hours for notifications. I also love that I can use it from my computer, not just my phone!

Cons:

I REALLY would love to be able to send pdfs from my phone, not just from the computer. Please add that feature!

9 months ago

Good news! You can add attachments via texting with Salesmsg. Just upload the PDF and attach it to your text message. Grateful, you're loving Salesmsg :)

Sabrina
Sabrina
President and CEO in US
Facilities Services, 11–50 Employees

Salesmsg Is Amazing

Comments: Getting responses from customers immediately is fantastic.

Pros:

We use this software to contact all of our clients and it works well. We are working on integrating it more fully with our current software.

Cons:

It does not fully integrate with Outlook. Also, I would like SalesMessage to use our current business number to send messages. This feature does not work for us currently.

6 years ago

Thanks for the great feedback Sabrina! We do allow you to use your existing landline phone number with Salesmsg. We'll reach out and share with you how to set that up.

Matt
Matt
Co-Founder in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Perfect for sales, but not for broadcasts

Comments: It was really easy to setup and the customer support has always answered my questions quickly. I ask a LOT of questions of support teams and they have done a great job at helping even when they couldn't directly solve my problems.

Pros:

We've seen a big improvement in our appointment attend rate from connecting Salesmsg to Zapier to automate SMS reminders and start an instant conversation. Just being able to simply text back and forth has really helped our sales process.

Cons:

The mobile app is difficult to use. It struggles to load messages so we find ourselves using the desktop app 99% of the time.

Co-Founder in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Superb Text message Platform, a new channel for reaching your customers and getting results

Comments: I've worked with Salesmsg (Sales Message) for awhile and am part of the team building out the product, so I want to make that clear before you read my review. I've found that the two way text messaging platform is easy to use and would recommend this to any business looking more than a sales text messaging service. This platform is great for sales, marketing, customer support and internal team use. It really has applications for almost any business need where you're trying to reach customers. Text messaging gets such a higher response rate than any other channel (much higher than email) it would be a great option for any small to enterprise level business looking to dive into a text message based solution to reach their customers.

Pros:

Great product and innovative team, the ease of use and expanding functionality of the product.

Cons:

Can't find anything that I didn't like, the platform is easy to use and the interface is easy to understand.

Arnab
Software Researchers in India
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001–5,000 Employees

"Salesmsg: A Comprehensive Review of a Powerful Sales Automation Tool"

Comments: Salesmsg is an intuitive and user-friendly messaging platform designed to help businesses engage with their customers more effectively. With an easy-to-use dashboard, Salesmsg makes it simple to create automated messages, schedule outbound emails, and track performance. The platform also offers powerful analytics, allowing users to analyze customer behaviors, optimize their campaigns and boost sales.

Pros:

Salesmsg is an incredibly useful and intuitive software that makes it easy to stay connected with customers and colleagues. The features that stood out to me the most were the ability to automate messages, create customer segments for personalized messages, and the ability to access the same database across multiple devices. Automation made it easier to send out personalized messages to different customer segments, saving me time and effort.

Cons:

One of the things that I disliked most about Salesmsg software was its lack of customization options. There was virtually no way to tweak the default settings to meet my individual needs. Everything had to be done within the confines of what was provided out of the box.

Aman
Aman
Researcher in India
Chemicals, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Salesmsg is a text messaging platform for businesses with features like automation, templates etc.

Comments: Salesmsg is a text messaging platform that is highly regarded by businesses due to its features that help improve customer engagement and conversion rates. The software offers automation capabilities, personalized templates, and integrates well with CRM and marketing automation tools for seamless communication. Although some areas, such as pricing and reporting capabilities, could be improved, many users appreciate Salesmsg's excellent customer support and training resources. Overall, businesses can benefit from using Salesmsg to enhance their text messaging capabilities.

Pros:

Salesmsg software is highly regarded for its ease of use, automation features, real-time notifications, personalized templates, and smooth integration with other tools. i also appreciate the software's exceptional customer support and access to helpful training resources.

Cons:

I have identified several areas for improvement in Salesmsg software, such as its pricing model, reporting features, and lack of direct phone support. I have also reported encountering occasional technical issues like glitches and slow loading times while using the software.

Joey
Marketing Engineer in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Very good SMS Marketing Tool

Comments: Very good tool (I know of no better one) for marketing via SMS.

Pros:

Great user interface for managing SMS with an entire contact database. I have seen NO tool even close to how good this looks. Automations, integrations with Zapier + ActiveCampaign, make this tool insanely powerful!

Cons:

Missing a few small features, but they keep adding them monthly.

3 years ago

Thanks Joey! Really appreciate the 5 star review!

Adam
Sales in US
Consumer Goods, 11–50 Employees

My day using Salesmsg

Comments: Sending messages is quick and easy. I can usually send messages while doing other things at the same time. It has enabled me to become even more efficient in my daily routine.

Pros:

It is relatively easy to use. I message 20-50 different clients per day, and Salesmsg makes it easy to do so. I like that I can save numerous canned messages so that I do not have to retype the same message over and over. I can typically send a message out while leaving a voice message because it is so simple to do so.

Cons:

I do not have many cons about it. The only thing I would say is that sometimes when I search for a contact in the search bar, nothing comes up at first. I will have to search with a different piece of contact information to find them.

Jennifer
Open Campus manager in US
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great product for safe, effective messaging

Comments: Overall very thankful for the product and ease of use. Critical for recording data for interactions etc. also, appreciate the integration with our CRM we use with Hubspot.

Pros:

The safety features it provides and ease of use for one to one messaging.

Cons:

Creating groups in broadcasts. It could use some work on making this easier for larger groups. Tagging each contact to crate the group is difficult.

Alexander
Security & Investigations, 2–10 Employees

It is more than just a text messaging machine.....

Comments: Great guys over at Salesmsg.

Pros:

Easy to use and great customer service for additional information needed.

Cons:

Sometimes the APP can be slow to catch up but very rarely it is a problem.

Melissa
COO in US
Music, 2–10 Employees

Salesmsg review

Comments: Works great. Great customer service too.

Pros:

This product has made my life so much easier! We now can easily schedule our prospective students for appointment times to speak with us. This being automated has saved us a lot of time. Also, I like being able to keep my business separate from my personal accounts so I'm not always bothered.

Cons:

It would be nice if I could create a custom voicemail just for this service so it doesn't have to transfer to my personal phone. Also, it would be nice if it had a few more native integrations so I don't have to rely on also paying for Zapier.

2 years ago

Thanks Melissa! Good news is you can create your own custom voicemail with Salesmsg. Head to Settings > Inbox > Settings and create your voicemail!

Sherry
Assistant Director in US
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great Product and Helpful People

Pros:

This easily integrated into HubSpot and when problems arise or I have questions, I receive prompt assistance. They have worked diligently on my behalf to resolve issues and assist me in understanding the best practices.

Cons:

I wish the analytics were more robust and that opt-in/opt-out data was more representative of who actually opts in instead of just an expression of those who didn't opt-out.

Gregg
Solutions Coach in US
Restaurants, 11–50 Employees

I use Salesmsg daily

Comments: Very helpful in reminding people of meetings they have scheduled with me. I also enjoy that Salesmsg links to our CRM so that texts are linked to contact records.

Pros:

The number of 'no show' appointments has drastically reduced as more people avoid email but cannot resist seeing texts on their smartphones.

Cons:

I haven't found a missing feature in my daily use of the system.

Owner in Canada
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

Great Communication Tool

Comments: Overall the software works pretty well, a few glitches once in a while with the auto sends not sending but customer service is always great and assists in fixing any issues.

Pros:

I love that this software integrates with PipeDrive and it keeps out teams texting all in one place as well as in our CRM.

Cons:

I wish it had better integration with PipeDrive where I could sent texts right from there.

3 years ago

Thanks for the feedback David! We have some new updates coming to the Pipedrive integration and Chrome extension that will allow you to text from Pipedrive!

Tj
Mortgage Advisor in US
Banking, 2–10 Employees

Works great for my business.

Pros:

Love that my whole team can access and interact w/ our clients from one centralized phone number.

Cons:

It would be great to be able to send group texts. Also, SMS texting ability would be nice.

3 years ago

Thanks for the 5 star review! Good news :) We have group messaging rolling out this month!

President in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Outstanding App - Great Value

Comments: The app delivers great value for the money. Their integrations seem to be the best on the market. We have been pleasantly surprised about the quality and response time of their support while we learn 2-way SMS Marketing for the first time. Very impressed so far!

Pros:

Salesmsg is an excellent 2-Way SMS platform. Their native integration with Keap (Infusionsoft) enables us to trigger significant automations and really extend the power of their product. They just came out with an API that we plan on using to get even more sophisticated on how we automate, scale and personalize our SMS marketing.

Cons:

There are some additional minor items we would like in their native integration with Keap, although they are not worth mentioning because no competitors come close. More importantly, we have only been using their app for a month and they have already released several excellent upgrades.

3 years ago

Thanks for the 5-star review! We'd love to hear how else we can make the Keap integration even better.

Adam
IT Specialist in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Nice product with good integrations

Pros:

Works well with Hubspot and Aircall. Very useful to have as a texting tool. Support staff is very helpful.

Cons:

The integration process with Aircall was finnickey in the past, but they have improved this experience and the support is always there to help.

Brad
Loan Officer in US
Banking, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Not what it use to be

3.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: It was good initially other than getting logged out on my phone app frequently. I ran into issues with messages not be delivered and the customer service team refused to talk to me to help resolve. I definitely do not recommend using this company.

Pros:

Communicating with customers from a team text line

Cons:

Customer Service unwilling to speak with me to resolve deliverability issues with messages

Ben
Strategic Account Executive in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Made for modern day sales

Comments: As the main user of salesmsg I really don't have any complaints. It was easy to setup and has been easy to utilize on a daily basis

Pros:

The integration with Hubspot is what sealed the deal for us. We needed an easy way reach our customer base and salesmsg is it!

Cons:

I wish there were more automated workflow options/ sequence to assign to contacts, not a need but a want for the long term