15 years helping British businesses

About Certainty Software

Proactively manage safety risks with Certainty Software. Streamline incident reporting, compliance tracking, and inspections.

Learn more about Certainty Software

Pros:

The customer service is great and they are very attentive to the our goals and needs.

Cons:

When setting up new sites, jobs, users. If you don't do it all the time its hard to remember how and it's not blatantly obvious.

Certainty Software ratings

4.5
4.7
4.4
4.6

8.7/10

Certainty Software has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 58 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Certainty Software before?

Ashwin
HSE Manager in Canada
Food Production, 201–500 Employees

Easy to use and helpful tool for manufacturing

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Certainty Software Pro offers comprehensive audit management, ensuring compliance and risk mitigation with user-friendly tools.

Cons:

Certainty Software Pro may have a steep learning curve and limited customization for specific business needs.

last month

Hi Ashwin, Thank you for your great review and kind words! Pleasure working with you and your team. We have lots more exciting features on the way that we look forward to rolling out. Kind regards, Hewitt

Desiree
Construction, 501–1,000 Employees

Certainty Software

Comments: Very good, i know it has way more capabilities than what we use it for and we are slowly expanding into them.

Pros:

I can customize whatever I want and the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] keeps in regular contact.

Clark
Construction, 201–500 Employees

Well rounded app, easy to use.

4.0 last month New

Comments: Great! Both the app and the reporting have been helpful

Pros:

mobile app is intuitive and easy to use.

Cons:

uploading video requires extra steps ability to edit questions without deleting answers

4 weeks ago

Hi Clark, Thank you for the review. So glad Certainty is working well for you and look forward to continuing the success with you! All the best, Hewitt

Emma
. in Cayman Islands
Construction, 51–200 Employees

It is a good software but some features not working even after reaching out to Certainty team

3.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Easy to use.

3 weeks ago

Hi Emma, Thanks for your review, much appreciated. Sorry to see you are having issues with some features. We were led to believe that your issue had been resolved but of course if not please, please reach out to us at: [email protected] and our Customer Success team will be happy to assist. Kind regards, Hewitt

Jaime
Sr. Quality Manager in US
Consumer Goods, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Certainty for out of box audits

Comments: It was excellent. [sensitive content hidden], the sales representative does an amazing job. On the technical and customer support [sensitive content hidden] did a great job.Implementation was a breeze.

Pros:

Easy to use, reliable, template library, very intuitive for creating new templates.Fantastic customer support.

Cons:

I would like the software to have more flexibility creating reports.

Alternatives Considered: Fulcrum

Reasons for Switching to Certainty Software: More specific for my needs as a quality assurance professional

10 months ago

Thanks Jaime! It has been great working with you, Arum and the rest of the team. Look forward to watching your project progress! Thanks again, Hewitt

Samantha
Director of Quality Assurance in US
Mental Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Digitizing our audit process

Pros:

We started using this software to take our audit process from a paper spreadsheet to a digital platform. We were able to completely customize a checklist to meet our unique needs. Once we set up our checklist, it was fairly easy to navigate through it for our use of it.The mobile app and ability to save as you go, is crucial. We have an long, extensive checklist with many mandatory questions built in, so the ability to save, even if some questions haven't been completed yet, was a fantastic update to the software. I also like the ease of adding measurable actions to any questions as well as pictures.Customer Support has been top notch. We found some bugs and quirks along the way, but the Customer Support team was generally quickly responded and we often saw fixes for those issues in updates. Updates tend to happen every 4-6 weeks, so they are also improving their software. If we ran into a larger issue, the team was fast to pull together a quick meeting to discuss it virtually.The Certainty Dashboard has some standards reports it can graph, which can provide quick snapshots of certain data. They also have a generic Power BI page that gives more in-depth information about the audit data.

Cons:

As I think we use the product a bit differently than others, it was a bit of a learning curve to tailor the tool to meet our needs, but was able to figure it out over time and adapt it. While Certainty has reporting ability including custom reports available, we discovered we needed to make our own Action report to meet our needs. While they do have Power BI and dashboard available, they are presented off pre-set information so that can be limiting depending on what data points you are looking at.

10 months ago

Hi Samantha, Thanks so much for your detailed review and feedback - very useful for sure. Glad we were able to make things work for your situation as yes, it is quite complex! Always welcome your feedback and feature requests. Thanks again, Hewitt

Paper & Forest Products, 10,000+ Employees

Certainty Software review

Comments: Upgrades and changes are a cause of concern. Almost every time the company has upgraded or made changes it has cause me to have to contact Certainty to make repairs to the system. Customer support is slow. There have been several times where I have had to wait several days for a response to a question. They usually get any issues repaired but it does impact my time in reviewing checklist.

Pros:

When we started with Certainty, they were a start up company that allowed us to work with them and modify to fit my needs. Overtime I have developed a very good relation with the company and the value we get out of the product vs. the cost is an exceptional.

Cons:

The product has many features we don't use. It provides feedback tools we would use if we used this to manage our system. Saving custom reports is not always functional. There are times when trying to save a custom report for a specific time range the report will not save. Some times it takes several attempts to save a report. Scanned reports are sometimes an issue. The que will jam up and unless you are aware that you are awaiting for checklist to be entered into the database you can lose some data.

Joelle
Profit Centre Admin in US
Wholesale, 10,000+ Employees

Very New to the Program but it does the job

4.0 last month New

Comments: my experience at first was a headache as we couldnt get the access for me figured out but I now have access and everything is good

Pros:

being able to do all the monthly health and safety report in one program instead of having to print off a bunch of sheets of paper for the two inspections that we have to do

Cons:

- I do not like how difficult it can be to get access to the program and get it working for the reports

last month

Hi Joelle, Thank you for your review and sorry you have had trouble logging in. I don't see any open issues with your project so hopefully everything is now smooth and you will be able to easily collect your monthly H & S data and enjoy the wider benefits and value of the Certainty platform. Of course, if you do have any further issues or need any help at all please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly at: [email protected] Kind regards and thanks again for taking the time to comment. Hewitt Roberts CEO

Audra
Assistant manager in US
Veterinary, 11–50 Employees

Certainty

5.0 last month New

Pros:

ease of use and browse through. Thorough and precise

Cons:

none, it's easy to use. No complaints or bad comments

last month

Hi Audra, Thanks for your review and feedback, much appreciated! Look forward to watching your project progress and staying in touch. All the best and thanks again. Hewitt

Elena
Hospital Director in US
Veterinary, 11–50 Employees

Veterinary Urgent Care

5.0 last month New

Comments: I like using it. It's very helpful and time saving.

Pros:

I appreciate that there is an app I can access from my phone. It is also easy to use and takes minimal time.

Cons:

The inability to email my results to myself.

4 weeks ago

Hi Elena, Thank you for your kind feedback. Great to hear and glad Certainty is a helpful time saver! Also, you can email your completed audits/inspections (checklists) to yourself in the app. Click on the three dots of the checklist you want to send and choose 'Share Report'. Happy to have someone show you if you need. All the best and thanks again! Hewitt

Marc
Vice President of Quality Assurance & Training in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Highly customizable, great support team, helps manage our complex audit process.

Comments: Certainty has allowed us to modernize our audit process and make it scalable as we are a growing organization. Our audits generally cover 400+ questions and can result in 50-100 actions, and we do approximately 75 audits per our 6-month cycle. Certainty has allowed us to make this manageable. The features of the checklist builder have made it a much smoother experience for the auditor. The tooltips and conditional questions help the auditor review each area as intended, takes out the guess work, and removes some of the mental burden on the auditor from having to remember to check a second area based on the findings of the first, given that conditional questions shoulder that burden. As mentioned, the Certainty Support team is very quick, responsive, and professional. They investigate issues quickly and communicate with us along the way to the fix. Certainty has been adding features over time and I'm interested in seeing how the app grows and improves. The mobile app has been crucial to making our complex audit process work. The OData feed is a great feature to allow for advanced analytics and reporting.

Pros:

The checklist builder is highly customizable and allows us to use relatively complex logic to help manage our complex audit process. We moved from a paper-based process to Certainty Software and have drastically cut down the time it takes to edit and finalize our audit documents and get them to our management teams. The OData feed that is offered has allowed us to do our own custom reporting which has been helpful to spot issues that would otherwise not be visible.

Cons:

We have run into some bugs along the way, but I believe that is due in part to the fact that we are likely using the software in a different capacity than most other organizations. The Certainty Support team is highly quick and responsive though, we've been very happy to work with them. Some of the features such as scheduling, and workflows can be a bit tricky to learn and/or don't quite meet our needs so we haven't taken advantage of them as much as we'd like to. Certainty does provide a few tutorial guides and some videos on their YouTube channel but still, sometimes these features do not produce the expected result.

Alternatives Considered: GoAudits , AssurX , monitorQA and FORM OpX

10 months ago

Hi Marc, Thanks for your thorough and considered review! Great feedback and as always, if you have needs or feature requests, don't hesitate to reach out. Thanks again, Hewitt

Matthew
Health and Safety Officer in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Very Pleased with the product!

Comments: Overall I could not be more pleased with the product. For the price point, it does all that I need and more. As far as the customer service, they are top-notch, anytime I have had an issue, suggestion, or even a question for something that I should have been able to figure out, they are right there to help my team through the process.

Pros:

The workflows and tracking of action items has helped my department immensely.

Cons:

I would like to see more user customization in the reports.

Alternatives Considered: HammerTech and iAuditoria

Reasons for Switching to Certainty Software: Price and customer service

10 months ago

Thanks for the great review Matt, much appreciated. Its been a pleasure to work with you and your team and thanks also for the feedback on reporting improvements to consider. Thanks again, Hewitt

Marco Antonio
Sr Deveolper in Mexico
Automotive, 10,000+ Employees

Certainty Software Application

Comments: For me it has been a very good tool and honestly very easy to use.

Pros:

It is very easy to handle. It has the facility of being able to export reports to Excel and, in the same way, interact with the Tableau platform.

Cons:

What did you like most about Certainty Software?Unfortunately, it does not allow you to make a live connection with Tableau, since you must have a file or repository of information to be able to interact with Tableau.

10 months ago

Thanks for the great review Marco! Always a pleasure working with you and your team. All the best, Hewitt

Arumugam
Quality Manager in United Arab Emirates
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11–50 Employees

Certainty software

Comments: Using the certainty and recording the real time inspection data giving confidence to the management & auditor about inspection process and data. Initially we started with inspection later we develop all the Maintenace check list and started using across all areas.

Pros:

I like the certainty software because of the below feature 1. Real time data entry and there is no manipulation of data.2. Different type of Data analysis,3. Like Business intelligence reports will be very useful transferring all the data in to the graphical4. Capturing the image, 5. Retrieve the data in case of the complaints with evidence of the picture and share to customer.

Cons:

Can be improved. 1. Requires some training to develop the program for the check list 2. Can this will be monitoring plan vs Actual

10 months ago

Thanks for your review Arum! Really appreciate the feedback and look forward to watching your project progress. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any needs at all! Thanks again, Hewitt

Kate
Safety and security manager in Canada
Retail, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Digital Injury and Illness Prevention

Comments: Responsive team, flexible to the needs of our business and patient with our teams many requests. Looking forward to a future ahead along with the enhancements that continue to be made along the way!

Pros:

Ease of use, custom reporting, accessibility, real time reports

Cons:

Summaries by section/department/sub department are not available Ability to function reports by question and answer for trending

Alternatives Considered: Device Magic

Reasons for Choosing Certainty Software: Fully digitized and time saving

Reasons for Switching to Certainty Software: Reporting capabilities

2 years ago

Thanks Kate, pleasure working with you and your team!

Julia
Supply Chain Analyst in Italy
Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees

Great great Job! I literally suggest everyone to acquire Certainty as an investment.

Comments: Pretty good experience up to now. We've found a lot of challenging requests from customers and we were always able to adapt the use and get great results. I should also mention that the Certainty developers' team really adds up, their support and availability makes a huge difference on our use.

Pros:

It's really easy to use and to be able to have safe data with no need for working on extensive/complex Macro Excel sheets that always give errors, is a great value added. The main value added for our clients have been the final dashboards on PowerBI with accurate information and easy to analyze.

Cons:

I think I've mentioned this to the Certainty Team already, but it could be interesting in the app or .mobi , to separate the actions by site and site group, and to have the checklists itself separated by site group or checklist name. It could be easier to travel through the information once the list gets longer.

Kendra
HSE Specialist
Food Production, 201–500 Employees

Certainty for Safety Tools

Comments: Enjoy Certainty as helps with data collection, but working on improvements for how we view and use the data. Wish this was more intuitive.

Pros:

The software allows quick and easy data collection. When our users complete their checklists online, there is essentially nothing else to do but to review the data. Love the dashboard graphs as they give you a quick glance of key information. Ability to have graphs created to suit your needs.

Cons:

With scanning paper form there are often rejects so data may not be accurately reflected. Cannot create graphs of any type of your own, but need to work with Certainty to create custom reports. Also, the site is sometimes slow and glitchy when trying to produce data.

4 years ago

Hi Kendra, Thanks for your review. Wanted to let you know that you can create all sorts of graphs yourself in the Dashboard. Happy to show you how. Cheers, Hewitt

Jeff
Supervisor in US
Consumer Goods, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Checkit Experience

Comments: Checkit is a good application but can be better. A few improvements include the ability to set the Headers to default to a pre selected option. For instance I'm an LS so the individual making the observation will always be the same. Also, I think it would be more efficient to have the options listed with a check mark box next to them instead of a scrolling drop down. Finally, instead of the severity being A, B, or C why not minor, severe and extreme, something a little more self explanatory. The user interface is simple which is good but what about adding some color or some more defined lines to separate questions. This is just my own personal opinion but its nice to have something nice to look at.

Pros:

Simplicity

Cons:

Ease of use and efficiency

7 years ago

Hi Jeff, Thank you for your review. Always appreciated. I am interested in your feedback and thoughts on improvement. I would like the chance to discuss these with you as some of the requests can be done by yourselves in the Administration area while others we would need to work with you on. Many thanks nonetheless. Hewitt

Joseph
EHS Manager in US
Food Production, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Behavior Based Safety

Comments: Certainty software has been fantastic since implemented. We are able to easily create audits and checklists that can instantly generate reports for management to use to eliminate hazards. The data collected from bbs observations allows us to fine tune our approach to safety and get ahead of behaviors we are seeing on the factory floor

Pros:

The ease that all levels of employees can use this software to easily submit bbs observations, Near Miss reports, and any other audit we have implemented

Cons:

So far everything has been great, running power bi reports can come with a little bit of a learning curve.

2 years ago

Thanks Joe, Great to be part of your exemplary safety program! Hewitt

Pedro
QA / QMS Manager in US
Apparel & Fashion, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Rely on Check It for all our Quality Data and more...

Comments: With the complexity and diversity of product categories and processes, I don't see how we could have been managing this if we had not implemented Check It back in 2018.

Pros:

Check It has allowed us to manage in real time a picture of our quality, it has also helped us manage better and more efficiently our QA resources. The notification feature is a huge plus and advantage that informs management when things and getting out of control.

Cons:

We do not have any cons of this software, every need for additional filtering of our data and customization has been done by their support team.

Hi Pedro, Thanks for your feedback much appreciated! Hewitt

Elizabeth
Safety Supervisor in US
Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees

Certainty Review

Comments: Using this software we've been able to identify areas of opportunity around our behaviors as well as the hazards in our workspace. We've seen an increase in hazard identification and remediation of hazards since using this tool.

Pros:

The user interface is easy to use and navigate, it's very user friendly and takes very little training for our users to understand. The checklist building tool is highly flexible and allows us to create all the forms we need while keeping them as simple as possible by using the conditional features available in the tool.

Cons:

The reporting options are a bit hard coded and inflexible at times.

10 months ago

Hi Liz, Thanks for your candid feedback. Glad to see Certainty is helping improve hazard identification and safety across your operations! Thanks again, Hewitt

Jason
Safety Coordinator in US
Construction, 501–1,000 Employees

Great Value, Great Support

Comments: Our construction company has been using Checkit for the last 6 months or so and I am very happy with the product. We utilize the software to record and analysis our company's safety observations and incident investigations. This software solution is much less expensive than others on the market. The support and attention we have received has been fantastic. Our needs were somewhat unique and we were particular on what we needed this software to do; Checkit was able to deliver. We are continually finding new ways to use the software. The admin side does have a slight learning curve, but with a little time or training it is very useful.

Pros:

-Economical -Flexibility -Service

Cons:

-Checklist builder and some reporting functions take a little getting use to.

7 years ago

Hi Jason, Thank you for your review, much appreciated! I would like to get your thoughts on how we can improve the user experience for the Admin tools. Also, we will be upgrading the Checklist Builder in our next release (May) and will be running a training webinar on the new functionality when released. We will certainly invite you to that. Thanks again, Hewitt

Elise
Safety director in US
Machinery, 501–1,000 Employees

Love this program for our behavior based safety observations and pre-use inspections!

Comments: We can tweak it to do exactly what we want it to do, whether it is behavior based observations or pre-use inspections. It has really benefited our safety program.

Pros:

I love the ease of use for our employees who use the phone app. It is fast, efficient, easy to use and gives our safety team the results we need from those employees out in the field. The support is amazing, and if we can think of fit, they help us create it. (My favorite part, since I think outside the box a lot!)

Cons:

There are the VERY RARE glitches, but they are addressed promptly, but I have to admit that most of those glitches occur because we didn't quite think the initial process through.

7 years ago

Hi Elise, Thank you for the great review! So glad it is working well for you and your team! Thanks, Hewitt

Stephen
HSE Manager in US
Oil & Energy, 10,000+ Employees

Delivering Safeguard Assurance

Comments: The support and software have been a foundational element of our HSE Management System. We would not have been as successful without the software!

Pros:

The data analytics were outstanding for our organization. The ease of entry for data, the versatility of reporting and the ability to update were great functions for an organization our size.

Cons:

There have been times where we exceeded the hardware storage.

10 months ago

Thanks for your feedback Stephen, much appreciated! It has been a pleasure to work with you and your team and we look forward to helping continue the success! Hewitt

Matt
VP EHS in US
Food & Beverages, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Certainty plugs gaps quickly

Comments: Checklist and inspection data collection

Pros:

Certainty Software can be easily, and rapidly configured and deployed, coupled with it's ability to operate across multiple mediums (mobile, pc and hardcopy) the software allows for maximum flexibility in a manufacturing setting where technology skills can vary broad. For checklist and inspection style work I have found certainty to be the most flexible and easy to deploy.

Cons:

The user interface is deliberately simple to drive focus, but can get complex for end users if checklists are not managed by an administrator.

4 years ago

Hi Matt, Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated! Wanted to let you know, we are presently in the process of upgrading the entire user interface (app and .com) and will be rolling that out in September! Look forward to walking you through that. Thanks again. Hewitt