15 years helping British businesses

About Optimity

Optimity is a mobile-first, personalized, data-driven application dedicated to revolutionizing workplace wellness.

Learn more about Optimity

Pros:

I think it is important to keep the routines of exercise, hydration in combination with good eating habits integrated in the same program.

Optimity ratings

4.3
3.9
3.9
4.0

7.6/10

Optimity has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars based on 124 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Optimity before?

Travis
Travis
HR Manager in US
Higher Education, 10,000+ Employees

Outstanding tool for keeping us fit

Comments: If I talk about my overall experience I would say Optimity has helped me a lot in improving my lifestyle. I love its feature of giving me notifications as well as reminders for keeping me update. In this sense it is no less than a blessing for me.

Pros:

If I write about pros, I would say it is a wonderful product with interesting features. I like its outstanding user interface. It is helpful in a way by making us follow the nutrition instructions for changing our diet. It is no doubt proved to be helpful for one's health. Furthermore, it helps me a lot in managing time in a better way. It is very user friendly and extremely easy to set up.

Cons:

Although it is helpful but sometimes people get bore by repeating several exercises daily. Another complaint is that it is quite difficult to navigate. Except this it is a good opportunity for learning new activities and keeping us active.

Connie
Member of GBU Financial Life in US
Investment Management, Self Employed

Love my Optimity App!!! 💪🚶‍♀️👟

Pros:

App is user friendly. It rewards you and encourages you to learn new things and pushes you to exercise daily.

Cons:

Requesting us to take pictures of food portions. I don’t always have that at my fingertips! I generally eat healthy so I don’t worry about taking pictures much.

7 months ago

Hey there! Thanks for taking out time to rate us. It really helps us to keep going and delivering the best. Please do not hesitate to reach out at [email protected] if you have any feedback or suggestions. We would love to hear from you. Thank you for your continuous support with the Optimity program!

Marketing Officer in Canada
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Building Habits, One Day at a time

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

The ability to step together with friends and family.

Cons:

The constant reminders are sometimes too much.

last week

Laurie
Owner in Canada
Alternative Medicine, Self Employed

Worsr App only care about making money

Comments: Terrible. Causes stress instead of relieving stress. They have even removed their health grade.

Pros:

The app breaks down on a daily basis... as carrot, they offered amazing rewards... Optimity started out ok then changed their format of redeeming rewards. They went from 10000 rewards but people weren't happu. They changed systems now for a $5 card ypu have to take an auction and currently to win it is over 41000 points!! People have cplained they don't care. The points aren't even always rewarded after watching. But guaranteed they get their money... we don't. The ads fail daily. We bring this to their attention and they don't care. Should every app perform perfectly all thentime? No one expects that. However, it's been daily for months if not this past year when the number of people joining has risen? But they have an 'ad display failure ' that they finally admitted it was because they don't have enough ads.. are they letting everyone know? NO!!! This company is causing stress instead of helping!

Cons:

App NOT working properly. And them NOT taking responsibility for their failures. In fact they were rewarded as a new app last year. But didn't ask they actual users.

last week

Hi there, thank you for your feedback! The ad issue has been fixed, we thank you for your patience with this as we resolved the issue with our ad provider. The advertisements are also used to help fund our Public rewards. As for the auctions, you are able to bid any amount you are comfortable with. We have a raffle component that rewards 15% of the daily rewards to users who did not have the minimum highest winning bid, ensuring everyone has a fair opportunity to get a gift card, regardless of how many Gems that have.

Sujata
Sales rep in Canada
Financial Services, 501–1,000 Employees

The Best Health App

Pros:

The incentives are good. I like the gift cards

Cons:

Sometimes it doesn’t reefresh. And there should not be a cap on the redemption

6 months ago

Jessica
Manager Health Services in Canada
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Great wellness app

Pros:

I love the motivation you get for staying active, particularly the rewards!

Cons:

There can be glitches with the tracking where the step counter doesn't sync.

6 months ago

Phil
Manufacturing Engineer in US
Dairy, 501–1,000 Employees

Optimity is a great tool to drive motivation and health improvement.

Comments: I think it's a great app that helps drive a healthy lifestyle.

Pros:

The challenges with people to have accountability to get in steps. More challenges on different features would be great or the ability to set other challenges.

Cons:

The app sometimes is slow when syncing up data from watch/phone.

Janet
RN in Canada
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Optimity review

Pros:

Effective learning tool. Relatively quick and simple to use

Cons:

Keep it clear and simple. I don't feel the need to use it with friend invite. Rather use it just for myself

5 months ago

Team member in Canada
Automotive, 10,000+ Employees

Good learning app

Pros:

Mental and physical health factors. Combined both.

Cons:

Seems to work well in all facets. Rewards could be a little easier to obtain with a higher cap.

4 months ago

Building Inspector in US
Government Administration, 51–200 Employees

Got bored with participating .

Comments: In the beginning it was helpful to keep me motivated. Thew exercises did help.

Pros:

Accountability for each of the activities. Each activity seemed to help me improve throughout the process.

Cons:

Need more variety. It seemed like it became monotonous toward the end of the program. The app did not work as often as it seemed like it should have.

Lina
office Admin in Canada
, 51–200 Employees

I was using it daily but because there are no rewards or challenges I sort of slack on it now

Pros:

I like the guidance they provide and feedback to help support healthier choices. They provide a lot of information I wasn't aware of before.

Cons:

not being able to claim my rewards, give me a sense of neglect towards the program. I don't like how some activities you are not able to complete, must be error in the IT department

6 years ago

Hi Lina, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We really appreciate the feedback! The rewards platform disappears when a company no longer holds a sponsorship agreement with Optimity. In this case, you can join Optimity Community, which is not affiliated with any company and rewards are always offered. You will also be able to easily access all activities from the home screen. To do this, navigate to Settings>Group>Switch Groups to Optimity Community. You will be able to access rewards here as before! Sincerely, Optimity Team

Stefany
Paraeducator in US
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Keeps me moving

Pros:

I really like the ease of use. Some apps make me jump around, but this is really simple.

Cons:

I wish there were more incentive options.

Ming
Software Developer in Canada
Warehousing, 11–50 Employees

Overall pleased when with the product. Its gone through a couple iteration and its current is best!

Comments: Lose a few lbs! Friendly company competition ;)

Pros:

The UI interface is elegant; simple yet intuitive. Also, the Reward system is straight forward and easy to redeem! 1 last thing, I really appreciate the UI animations, let the person(s) who worked on it know that they've done an magnificent job. It's not too much or too little, there is enough to notice that makes the app 'pop' more. Definitely adds excitement when using the app.

Cons:

Gets stuck on loading spinner sometimes when opening the app. Android 7.0 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

Tyler
Senior Customer Service Representative in Canada

Excellent app and idea, slow to recieve rewards is BY FAR the biggest issue.

Pros:

Easy to use, visually appealing. Informative and usually very quick. Majority of actions are able to be completed at your desk.

Cons:

Often crashes when uploading photos. It would be nice to focus more on desk related activities. Find a way to deliver gift cards upon claiming. Not months afterward.

Jennifer
Underwriter in Canada
Insurance, 201–500 Employees

It's been good getting tips / challenges everyday

Pros:

daily goals and challenges, I'm taking care of myself daily and taking the time to complete challenges that I wouldn't have done on my own. I like accumulating points doing so.

Cons:

don't understand measurement of steps; don't know how to set up teams;

pat
marketing in Canada

overall I like the platform but have experienced delays with receiving gift cards after redeeming

Pros:

how easy it is to use - intuitive design elements graphs and tracking is accurate. like the timer countdown . also variety of activities

Cons:

nothing really. if I had to pick it would be a larger variety of gift cards as well as more quantities of the popular gift cards. they sometime are not available and can be disappointing when you have saved up for it and it's no longer available

Mohan
Software Development Manager in Canada
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

I was not doing much exercise in the past. It gives alerts and reminders.

Comments: Weight reduction
Reduced my neck and should pain
Improved my healthy eating habits

Pros:

Giving alert and Steps Exercise can be customizable according to our profile. Instructions with pictures and videos are great. Ranking the teams and individuals with different ways is good

Cons:

Steps are not synced in all the screens. One screen gets updated little later.(The main home screen)

Monique
Admin in US

More Social than Serious

Pros:

This app is great for beginners or those who may be trying to get back on track with their fitness regimen. It does remind you to move around and drink more water throughout the day, but it really doesn't stand out. IMO, it is more of a socializing fitness app than a serious one.

Cons:

This app is buggy at times and freezes a lot on the Android platform. It also drains your battery, Android and Apple.

Megha
Account Service Representative in Canada
Consumer Services, 501–1,000 Employees

I personally love optimity

Pros:

I prefer optimity because it offers me a healthy living. it is easy to live a healthy life with the short activities provided. plus free gift cards is always a plus.

Cons:

Even though I like optimity, I personally feel that customer support needs to improved. It takes months to process to gift cards sometimes.

Shiner
Analyst in US
, 51–200 Employees

Great product for a company to initiate workplace health

Comments: team weight loss - and personal weight loss -

Pros:

Easy to use - All the different functions available, being able to manage each and track - Lots of flexibility.

Cons:

needs better sinking to other platforms such as fitbit - I don't believe if you show you updated amount of water drank, it will get pulled into optimity

Deb
Account Manager in Canada

Using optimity is fun

Pros:

It's bold and easy to use. The goals are reasonable and easy to reach. It is easy to see where you sit on your team leaderboard and overall.

Cons:

It doesn't work without internet connection so taking pictures outside, when required, is difficult. There is only one rewards option.

Mireille
Admin. clerk/Customer service in Canada

Motivating app and lots of fun to do

Pros:

Fun to challenge my co-workers, team challenges, makes me do things I don't normally do, learning new things, learn about new diets etc., the rewards

Cons:

Repetition with the challenges, need more options, option to add additional steps into the app, option to add more water

Heather
Tile Installer in US
Construction, Self Employed

Great way to learn about health

Pros:

The helpful quizzes and articles about health

Cons:

I don't think that my strength training exercises are counted

Maria
L&D Analyst in Canada
Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

Overall positive - the turnaround time for point redemption needs to be shorter though.

Comments: It is good to be recognized and rewarded for trying to live & promote a healthy and active lifestyle.

Pros:

As a member of the Wellness Committee who promotes this tool, I find it easy because the exercises are fun, the information is useful, the points awarded and collected are exchanged for great prizes.

Cons:

The turnaround time for point redemption is way too long. Users should not have to wait months to get their e-gift cards.

Dorothy
Illustrator in Canada
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

Great for keeping my momentum

Pros:

This app is great for keeping me active in a job that keeps me at my desk all of the time. I'm more motivated to get my exercises done and stay hydrated.

Cons:

The water animations feel very unnecessary and laggy.