Easy to Use All in One Property Management Software

Reviewed on 17/10/2019
Magaly G.
Property Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We are very happy with the software - it gives us exactly what we need and the results are excellent.
Great Support and very helpful when it comes to problems.

Pros: Excellent channel management - since we are working with Cloudbeds we never had an overbooking. It's fast and reliable. Easy to Use Calendar - you can move reservations with one click. Payment Processing is automatized and connected with Stripe. We also automatized our Welcome and Goodbye Emails with Cloudbeds - increased our Guest Experience.

Cons: Invoicing could be more customizable - we currently use another software for accounting and invoicing. A Mobile App would be super helpful to have it on our phone - it's mobile responsive but it's not very user-friendly.

Cloudbeds has given my hotel a new life.

Reviewed on 08/10/2019
Steve A.
Owner/Operator
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Our goal when switching to Cloudbeds was to save time doing daily tasks but the software was done so much more. Our direct bookings have increased by over 35%. Guests have noticed the rate checker on my booking engine and felt confident booking directly. We also have seen a boost in OTA bookings. We added a couple of niche channels this past year offered in Cloubdeds Channel Manager and without any extra work from my team, the reservations have increased. My favorite part of the software is PIE. No longer am I worrying about rate management. The automated changes make me feel confident that my rates are helping me maximize my revenue. The time savings have had a big impact! I am a smaller boutique hotel and don't have the luxury of a big staff. My goal has always been to focus on the guest experience and to get away from the computer. Cloudbeds has streamlined every aspect of my operation and my guests feel it. Overall I am thrilled with my Cloudbeds experience. The people in the company seem to be happy to help me succeed. Knowing the 24/7 support there is a good feeling but to be honest, I haven't needed support very much. The software has built-in training videos and the software has been extremely reliable. When I have questions I find the answer pretty quickly in the help desk. I give Cloudbeds 10/10. I highly recommend letting Cloubdeds be your software partner.

Pros: Cloudbeds is fast and easy to use. The software saves me time and has many features that are growing my bookings. My hotel is now more productive and profitable than ever. Plus, they have amazing support! Cloudbeds gets a 10/10.

Cons: Hard to say what can be done to improve. The software seems to offer the best technology around. I went with the Cloubdeds Premier Package and get updated regularly that there are new or updated features available to me. It's good to know they don't stop innovating.

Great at some things, missing many

Reviewed on 12/08/2018
Justin S.
Small Business Owner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Cloudbeds is the best of an embarrassingly bad market. Their support is cheery and relatively quick to respond, which is all the more frustrating when they consistently cannot help you nor provide you insight into whether your issues will ever be fixed. They provide an "ideas" site for their customers to use (so their employees aren't required to actually talk to customers), and they have gone as far as to REMOVE the ability to comment on ideas in order to add more detail/use cases/etc. If screaming into the void wasn't bad enough, now they've closed the door in front of your face.

Pros: Seamless integration with third party channels. Would be nice to have less manual work in between each, but that is not something Cloudbeds could change easily, since it's also up to the 3rd party. Online booking widget/site is very good. Customer friendly, haven't received nearly any calls for people unable to figure out how to book. Calendar is relatively simple to use and provides ~80%+ of the info I need on a daily basis.

Cons: NO integration with a credit card swiping device. Instead, any walk ins or changes to credit cards for existing reservations require you to manually input the credit card, which is both time consuming AND costs us thousands of dollars extra a year in fees (keyed in cards are 1% higher than swiped for us). No mobile app, meaning you need to use their site which is not mobile friendly. Poor item entry to a reservation. Adding items to the system is a breeze, but adding them to a reservation takes 7 clicks IF you're already on the reservation folio, otherwise it can take 10 from the calendar! Total waste of time, especially when we sell numerous small items from our on premise store.

Cloudbeds is our daily use program!

Reviewed on 13/02/2019
Kris H.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall experience is a 10. We use the program daily for 24 hours a day, it is live onto our website and has assisted us in every way. 100% would recommend Cloudbeds to anyone needing a live program, or anyone in the hospitality business.

Pros: Cloudbeds is our daily use software for our hospitality business. It is a live program which interacts directly onto our website - which works wonders. Has a slight learning curve but once learned is super easy to comprehend and use on the daily. The customer service is WOW, no matter the issue you speak to someone directly every time and they help EVERY TIME. The updates are frequent, constantly adding new features - multiple times we contacted customer service about an issue and a week or two later there was an update adding said feature to make it easier!! Easily management and would recommend!

Cons: The only downside if one at all is that the program is LIVE. Meaning a power surge or anything and you cant use it. Sometimes updates happen at inconvenient times.

The best property management software for power users

Reviewed on 28/08/2019
Jon F.
Managing Director
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We chose Cloudbeds to manage our riad in Morocco while being based in the UK. We wanted to ensure that the property would run smoothly and that we would have total visibility of business activity, and Cloudbeds totally delivers on that.

Pros: Cloudbeds is sophisticated and flexible, with every aspect of the system highly configurable. The functionality covers all of our day to day requirements & can handle unusual use cases. It also has integrations with distribution channels, payment providers, Zapier, a REST API for custom development and numerous others. This allows automation of much of what would otherwise be highly laborious tasks. I have seldom had to use it, but when I have their support has been responsive and very helpful.

Cons: Given the sophistication of the software, there is a steep learning curve initially, particularly with less technical front of house staff. However this is more than compensated for by the benefit once you are familiar with the system.

Great PMS and always improving

Reviewed on 14/02/2017
Ana L.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I've been through 5 PMS, 4 of them in the last 3 years. My difficulty was to find a software that was adequate for my guesthouse and my vacation apartments. I finally found what I needed in Cloudbeds. It was recommended to me by another hotel and it was my lucky day! This software is very easy to use, complete and they're always making it better with all the suggestions given by us. The customer support is the best I've ever worked with, very professional and fast in helping you. Probably because the software works so well they don't have many complains! The PMS has a channel manager for all the main websites and increasing daily the number of channels. It works perfectly without any problems and no double bookings due to connection delays. We have freed 3/4 hours of daily work with this PMS, which we can apply to other activities.
If you're looking for a excellent PMS with a reasonable price than this is what you want. I highly recommend this system and I intend to keep working with them for a long long time.

Pros: Easy to use, very complete. Well organized and flexible. They're always looking for ways to improve

Cons: Housekeeping module still needs a bit of working; reports also need improvement and the list of channels available could be higher. However they work all the time to improve so it's just a matter of time

Super friendly, functional

Reviewed on 22/06/2017
Nektarios A.
Hotel Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The PMS has nice colors and graphics plus statistics per channel,roomtypes, comparing years etc adding new stuff all the time. Support is super the team replies in the day with a fix most of the times. Cloudbeds team updates frequently taking care of the product and they listen to new suggestions very important. I had problems with other channel managers in the past not working well not sending all updates to channels top brand names but not here! Cloudbeds channel manager works spot on, no update issues changes from the PMS go to the channels in just a few secs. i totally trust it, it closes when it sells out and opens once a room is cancelled to resell it, auto mode no overbookings no trouble, giving me time to focus on other parts of my business, now i can have holidays in peak season when before i use to leave end of the season, my staff is loving it - pure positive energy! Im 2 years with cloudbeds a happy customer and would defentaly recommend it.

Good product but their API is VERY VERY buggy

Reviewed on 26/04/2018
Bruno S.
Software Architect
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Integration with Booking engines

Pros: good user interface, simple easy to use, fast.
good integration with booking.com and hosteworlds.com

Cons: API is not reliable, don't build your third party app on top of it.
We got bugs or timeout with almost all of their API call.
Then they told us fixing the API bugs are not their priority.
So why do they sell the API access and make advertising on internet to say they are the only one to have an API

by Cloudbeds on 30/04/2018

Thanks for your feedback. The API is a priority for us (we have a dedicated team working on it) and we are constantly improving our API so that it's more user friendly and has a wider-range of features. A critical part of that product vision is definitely stability and infrastructure and it's something we are heavily investing in.
It looks like our integrations team is actively troubleshooting through a few support tickets with you right now. You've provided some great recommendations in there for ways to expand our API documentation that we're going to be implementing over the coming weeks. We're currently investigating where the particular timeout errors you're encountering are coming from since our logging metrics aren't registering it on our end. We'll absolutely keep working with you to find a solution here and appreciate your business.

CloudBeds is the greatest tool for hoteliers

Reviewed on 13/02/2017
Claudio N.
Hotel Owner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: CloudBeds is one of the best services available, if not the best. Our hotel has been working with them for over a year now, and couldn't be any happier. Their broad range of tools makes them the top 'Value for money' software. They have the complete package, and can adapt the software and costs for your needs and size of the hotel. Another great thing is that they have been updating the software with new tools that we as users request, and support is excellent via email or phone. We use of all the tools they provide, PMS, OTA manager, Website Booking Engine, among others, which are quite user friendly and saves you a lot of time and resources. We tried other services at the time, and decided that CloudBeds met all of our needs, and we don't regret our choice. We can definitely recommend them to any hospitality owner /operator.

Pros: - It has a broad range of tools, including PMS, OTA managment, Booking engine.
- Best Value of the market.
- Easy to use and fast learning curve.
- It can be used in many devices, like PC, tablet or mobile.
- Support is fast and responsive.
- They adapt to your needs.

My opinion

Gerard B.
Boss
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The software filled what it was designed for...

Cons: Cloudbed boasts of having a plethora of people, despite that it is impossible to have a French-speaking interlocutor ... which is far from being a dead language ...
As the handling is quite technical it would be good for everyone to be able to exchange in his language. The French market is I think enough developed to offer a dedicated software ...
Although this software is very practical, it can be improved, despite the ideas and recommendations sent, never no return. Especially when it comes to changes (in my opinion) easy to implement ...

Smart and functionl PMS

Reviewed on 05/07/2019
Du N.
Operator Executive
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It worth every single penny when we don't need to work by hand with hundreds of OTAs channel. We even can collect client from website direct to the Cloudbeds. And it is going to live with the agent when they are able to check, book and confirm by their own account on our system. This will minimize man power, save a lot of time and faster working with customer. And I would like to say thanks so much to the customer service team, which are very enthusiastic and helpful with a not very smart client like me.

Pros: I have to do nothing with OTAs when we used Cloudbeds. It saves a lot of my time for the operation task. Especially it works for even our accountant team with a lot of report and I have to do nothing by hand. I love the way they show "how to learn" by video.
The customer service is very good. My English is not good enough to explain the problem by word, they arrange a phone call and everything is solved.

Cons: It is an online system and this is a weak - point for our property because we are a cruises which launch to the bay everyday with very bad signal, so sometimes our crew team need to come to the pier to use the system.

The Wooden House Lodge

Pamela P.
manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: perfect we reduce our working ours

Pros: less hours checking reservations and availability. easy to use. no more overbookings

Cons: i would like it to have more reports as meals, easy way for invoices

Cloudbeds Has Changed My Business

Reviewed on 14/10/2019
Ruth B.
Hospitality, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: From the very first time we spoke, Rep has been available to answer questions and help me structure my subscription. He was polite, informative, and really familiar with his product. Everyone else with whom I have spoken when I had an issue, and the staff who has trained me have treated me with respect, courtesy, and seemed genuinely interested in helping me get the most out of this software .

Pros: This software is so intuitive and quite simple to set up and work within! The support staff has been amazing, and they have very patiently tutored me on how to get the most out of the software. Mine is a very small inn, and my Sales rep, Rep, worked hard to help customize this software for me, and helped me optimize the dollars I am spending with Cloudbeds. All the work I had to previously do manually, from taking reservations, invoicing guests and processing payments, this software program has streamlined for me. I no longer have to stop other things I am working on to process credit card payments, or to book reservations. Additionally, this works to maintain reports and builds a contact list so I can reach out to past guests with special offers, etc.

Cons: I dislike the add ons. It was explained that not all users need certain features, but since my property is so small, it seems to me that if I have need of additional features to best operate this small property, most other properties would need these features, too.

Brilliant and easy to use

Edwin D.
Owner B&B
Hospitality, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: your customer service is really the best ever experienced

Pros: real time synchronization
connect all OTA's
Credit card view function
email templates
reporting possibilities

Cons: There is nothing i don't like about the software.

Cloudbeds is the best decision I have made moving from our old PMS company!!!!!

Reviewed on 26/04/2018
Richard B.
President/COO
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Ease of use, accurate rates and availability, great tech support, great customer service, very cost effective, and overall great all around product.

Pros: Cloudbeds is so user friendly and the fact that you have every function and administration features available with a simple click of the mouse is the icing on the cake. Every function along with any changes that need to be made are real time and always correct. The staff is amazing and the fact that I was able to build this PMS in less than four weeks was amazing. The export and import of my reservation history of over 9 years was flawless from my old PMS to Cloudbeds. The accounting features and overall digital capabilities is fantastic. No more servers or software needed to run our systems let alone the need of virtual servers which cost money each month. Cloudbeds has hit a home run with their My Allocator channel direct system. We have had zero issues with over bookings or discrepancies with rates since we have used Cloudbeds. My staff loves how easy it is to use compared to our old system. Keep up the great work CLOUDBEDS!!!!

Cons: I have yet to find anything that I don't like about Cloudbeds. However, as we continue to use Cloudbeds we will probably find items or issues that may come up. I am confident that Cloudbeds will address said items or issues if the arise.

Ideal for the independent hotelier

Reviewed on 10/07/2018
Ettore Z.
Director of Quality
Hospitality, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Accurate bookings, automation of tasks (e-mails, booking confirmations, amendments, no more typing reservations into the PMS from external sources...). Staff productivity is high, loss of transactions/cash is low (easy to investigate where mistakes happened in case numbers are not matching). New employees are ready to work in a matter of minutes, while an "admin" user might take only as much as 7 days to get (self) trained into advanced features.

Pros: Cloudbeds is one of the easiest software out there. Forget about the hours of training, complicated setup... it's intuitive, and mostly automatic. It helped us reduce considerably the amount of hours needed to handle reservations and no more overbookings. It comes at a great value, extremely competitive to any other option and can replace multiple other systems: channel manager, revenue manager, e-mailing automation... it does it all! The customer support is excellent and very quick to respond - always with a "can do" attitude.

Cons: This software was built for small/medium independent hotels. It fulfils its purpose beautifully. However, if you deal with a large volume of groups for example, it will be a bit inconvenient. Here's the good news: there are hundreds of new functions being developed and the software gets big updates almost every month. Group functions are coming by the end of 2018, and this software just keeps getting better.

Only suitable for very small businesses without revenue management goals

Reviewed on 08/08/2019
Anna S.
Revenue Manager
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Very frustrating, frequent issues and glitches, would not recommend for fast paced environment as the system is not reliable.

Pros: Easy to use, some features like the search function where you can search for a name or any reservation number, both direct and 3rd party, are good. Perfect for a small B&B or guest house where you don't manage multiple rates and room types as this system cannot handle it. Definitely not suitable for hostels, even though they advertise this way - you will need to set up and manage each and every bed you have in the hostel separetly, no bulk set up possible.

Cons: Constant issues with performance, the system is often down for periods of time and always in the middle of the day when we have guests checking in and out. The support team are only vaguely knowledgeable in the system and will send you replies from a script rather than looking into the cases properly, they churn out auto-replies all the time. It's obvious they don't use the system and don't know it well. There is no revenue management functionality, you can only have 1 rate mapped to channels and they work on product level, not rate level - so you can't even close out a rate type, only the entire room type. No possibility of setting up any policies - you can only add text. No group functionality and no proper tax set-up. Reporting very poor, there are a total of 26 usable reports, of which only 6 pertain to revenue management and there's no pace report, which is a basic revenue report. No proper bulk update tool for rates, again, it works on product level so you can only do 1 room type at a time (unless you sell all your rooms at the same rate, which is unlikely).

Easy to use but not without problems

Reviewed on 24/05/2019
Front Desk
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, the program was easy to learn and is easy to use. There are some actions an features that are not as intuitive as I would like but I do believe Cloudbeds is better than the alternatives.

Pros: Cloudbeds is very easy to use and is, generally, quite intuitive. It works well with third-party booking sites and integration is simple and seamless. The calendar is easy to navigate and it's very easy to pull up customer information and make changes where needed. I really like how easy it is to manage housekeeping.

Cons: Certain actions, such as canceling or making challenges to a reservation that has passed, are difficult. There are situations that may arise that require these bookings to be edited, but Cloudbeds doesn't offer the tools to easily alter them. Also, some actions require a lot of navigating within the program which can mean a lot of clicking... Most actions require that you start anew from the calendar page instead of being able to simply go back to where you were before. Navigation within the program could certainly be improved. I've also found that the help files provided are not always up to date and sometimes feature information and screenshots from older versions of the program. It would be great if we could have these updated so they better reflect the current program.

Good. Not awesome

Reviewed on 20/05/2019
Andre G.
Hostel owner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I've been using cloudbeds for one year now. It is a good PMS. The upside: very intuitive and easy to use, great for reception. Basic important features are present.
It is far from being a perfect system though.
Downside: support could definitely be improved. Even though the email support is somewhat fast, support by phone or chat is not available.
They desperate need to improve mobile experience! No app! Using it on your phone is a very bad experience.
Some features are also missing. For example: not possible to send multiple rates to OTA's. Not possible to track pick up evolution in the revenue management tool.
Not possible to export the amount due to another guest or to the same guest in the future.
It is a good system. Fair. Not awesome.

Pros: Intuitive, easy to use, basic important features are present

Cons: No support by phone or chat. Some functionalities are missing like multiple rates exported to OTA's.

Great features & functionality

Reviewed on 19/04/2018
Amanda R.
Administrative Manager
Real Estate, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall great product, but in my opinion, it is difficult to get it up and running smoothly unless you have your own tech personnel to devote to it.

Pros: Its an almost all inclusive package to manage our units, reservations, check in/check outs, customer information, etc. The calendar view and access to info is very good. Payment processing now that we have it working is easy and working well.

Cons: There is not a lot of training and/or support to work through the entire setup and ongoing use. Support calls are limited to 1 hour (and for initial setup this is not long enough). Expectation is that the user learns from guides and videos they provide. Its perhaps a better fit for experienced and/or larger companies who would have tech savvy staff. We are a brand new, small company with only 2 employees. So to try and set up and learn the system and integrate it for payments and booking channels has been very time consuming and confusing. The rates and availability (to me) are very complex and difficult to work through setting up so that it works for your own bookings and the booking channels. We are getting there and believe it will be a great system overall once we work through everything but we're still not there yet (after 2 months).

Start up/ switch from Rezovation

Reviewed on 07/09/2019
Bert H.
Owner/ Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Mediocre. The girls from support in Ukraine try very hard and are easy to communicate with. Give them more time when a video conference is set up. The time to schedule and actually receive support is too long. Problems are immediate and need attention on the spot. Expedia and Booking.com does a much better job in this.

Pros: The introduction sounded promising and easy, channel management is good.

Cons: No direct phone consultation to help with start up problems, and to set up transfer. Credit card data was not transferred from Rezovation, misrepresentation from the start. Lucky I still had access to rezovtion and kept a dual posting going for 2 month due to lack of trust in Cloudbeds. The calendar is hard to read with the split days. Change this, it serves no purpose, but to aggravate the Innkeepers. The accounting end is complicated, no logical process, typical Geek mentality and no common sense. You have a few things to learn and look at the recommendations that are being made, they all make good sense and need to be implement. Get busy programmers and consult Innkeepers on it. You will get a better product, Dont call me, I am too busy to deal with it.

The best channelk manager

Reviewed on 07/09/2019
Shai E.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Everything, it is very easy to use.
A lot of functions and a very good team behind the software.

Cons: Price. It seems expensive sometimes for specific locations.

A new base for increasing our bussiness

Reviewed on 07/10/2019
Dat T.
Hostel Manager
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: We used another system for our sister hostel Central Backpackers Hostel which caused incoveniences for the team. Therefore, we decided to set up our brand new hótel with Cloudbeds. After few months, we decided to use the software for the old hostel and our up coming hostel. We found out a ton of convenience using Cloudbeds that we can easily control our booking from different sources, access room plan everywhere, improve our connection to customers and reduce working time. Big thanks to the team who were very helpful and willing to assist at anytime.
We planned to use Cloudbeds in our future properties and hope that the team will keep updating to provide a perfect system to properties.

Cons: It could be perfect if we can split a multiple folio to guests in a same reservation.

Overall recommended but hope you can make some improvements

Reviewed on 13/10/2019
Shen L.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: the PMS and UX. Easy to use for everyone. Set up is easy and flexible. Integrations are useful

Cons: the Booking Engine - not flexible enough. PIE - trialled but the rate shopper took the wrong rates, not BAR so rate shopping comparison was useless to us.

Thumbs up for CloudBeds! Keep the awesome work guys!

Reviewed on 16/10/2019
Juan eduardo S.
GM
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The software is great, robust, reliable, and with a very good costumer support. What else may I ask for? I wouldn't change it!

Pros: CloudBeds is an amazing tool in our business. Once you set it up and get used to how the software works is very easy to work with. It is very reliable and flexible to meet every demand the business may have. It has monthly updates with new and improved tools since I've been using it, little over a year! highly recommend it!

Cons: Given the flexibility it has sometimes it is hard to get the software to do what you require but the customer support its readily available, just an email away, to help you out!