RB Control Systems Reviews

Reviewed on 27/03/2018
Jerrad K.
Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I can bill customers out so much easier, inventory management is simple, I can focus more time on service calls and generating money rather than deal with a POS system that takes forever to get things done.

Pros: It's easy to use. I used another POS system last year and I had to switch to RB controls before my contract was up with the other system (I still have 1 year remaining on that contract). To simply say it, RB is just better in every way. One feature that is nice is the ability to attach photos to customers in their file. I attach liner drawings, safety cover drawings, etc to make it easy to reorder when the time comes around. What's nice is when you need help, RB is there to help you. I've had to call tech support numerous times asking for help. Instead of just fixing the problem for you, they take the time to show you how to fix it or make any adjustments you need and they aren't bothered to help. It's refreshing, the customer service is second to nobody.

Cons: That I didn't switch to RB controls sooner... seriously. I can't think of any cons off the top of my head.

Great product for the pool industry.

Reviewed on 28/03/2017
Steven F.
Service Manager
Consumer Services, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have been using RB Control Systems for many years now and have really enjoyed our experience with it. This is a much more intuitive management software compared to the other alternatives available for pool companies. The Mobile Live feature that was recently released has helped us bring out service department into the modern age. The outstanding support staff has always been extremely knowledgeable and happy to help.

Pros: Very easy to use.

Cons: Before Mobile Live was released I would say the inability to use this in the field but with the innovations happening I do not really have any complaints.

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Reviewed on 14/02/2017
Jessica T.
Service Manager
Consumer Services, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Everyone at RB is always very polite and helpful. Logan has an awesome, up-beat personality and is always a joy to talk with. Ashe is also very friendly and helpful! We always get the help we need quickly and if there is a problem that prevents an immediate solution, everyone communicates with us and keeps us informed on what is happening so that we're in the loop.

Pros: Ease of use, fast and readily available support, functionality, constant upgrades and changes made to improve the efficiency of the program.

Cons: Limitations on changes that can be made in certain areas/reports/handouts.

Awesome customer service!!

Reviewed on 15/08/2018
Stephanie B.
Retail Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Definitely makes your job a lot easier, keeping track of the records and sales is a huge plus. I would like to thank customer support who assisted me. I called to ask a question, he helped me. After hanging up he called me back and stated he found a easier way for me to do what i was trying to do. That is a huge plus, anytime we need assistance they are available.

Cons: RB does a lot of things, there is not any complaints on our end.

RB Control Systems is the only software we use and we are extremely satisfied with the product.

Reviewed on 14/03/2018
Victoria N.
Executive Assistant
Customer Support

Pros: The software is very fluid and easy to learn. It provides many functions for the different areas of a company (ie. inventory, scheduling, retail sales, accounts receivables, etc). It's easy to teach to new employees. Just like with any software, there has been a few glitches here and there, but it's always fixed within a reasonable timeframe with minimal interference to daily operations.

Cons: The only issue we've ever really experienced with the program is with the revolving service - but it's more due to preference than an issue with the program itself.

Team support is fantastic, everyone is always very friendly and right on top of everything.

Reviewed on 15/12/2017
Donna W.
business manager
Customer Support

Pros: The ease and use of system. The ability to email to vendors. The ability to call tech support and get immediately response.

Cons: The ability to delete duplication and/or change items in inventory. The ability to start and stop a sales order without having to void it first. The ability to delete duplication or adjust a customer's account in AR easier than it is without having to write it off without showing in QB. .

Up the Creek without a Paddle

Reviewed on 11/02/2017
Billy C.
Customer Support

Comments: What an eventful Winter, November 21, 2016, windows on my host computer decides shutdown and reinstall windows. So the fun begins! I didn't panic yet because I knew the system was backing itself up on the other computer up front. So , I called RB Tech support to help with the process of recovering the data for RB and resolve this matter quickly, but there is a problem. My computer stop backing up in June 2016. So, now what? It's ok because I had setup off line backup with another company just need to make a call and down load the data. All is good right? Wrong, the data was not be backed up for some reason not sure. Not only did we loose RB data but everything else as well, like Quick books. Now I am not sure what to do but, Logan to the rescue. He was pretty confident that I would be able to retrieve the data from the drive with the help of a data recovery service. After some research we found a company in New York that supposedly could recover the data. After 5 weeks got the data back but nothing was usable, what a pickle. So, just out of desperation I stop in a local computer repair store were the store owner said he would try but if the specialist couldn't then he probably could either. Two day later and we are in business he got the data back. The Fun begins Logan (RB Tech Support) started installing everything back to normal. Now we are up and running and RB is doing our off site backup. I must say Logan and the tech support team has been phenomenal during this troubling time and have went out of there way to provide me with the most professional and knowledgeable service available. THANKS RB TECH SUPPORT!

update to system

Reviewed on 21/02/2019
Donna W.
Business Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: User Friendly, a lot to learn, but once you get pass this, its ideal for the Pool Industry

Cons: #1 complaint from day one, unlike Quickbooks, you can't go in and make a change in the description of a part in inventory or just delete it completely if you no longer purchase, use or don't want it there. You can put it in to a inactive file, but if that part has 3 or 4 descriptions, its very time consuming.

Overall very few issues with the program. Easy to use, user friendly.

Reviewed on 11/06/2018
Lorina Z.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Very functional. Allowed us to better streamline our retail and service systems and still communicate with our Quickbooks system on the back end.

Pros: Ease of use. Very functional for our retail and service needs. They listen to what clients want and update the program to meet our needs.

Cons: Does not have a few functions we would like to see, but they are in process of adding them. There are occasional 'hiccups' but no major issues.

We have been using RB for eleven years. It does everything we need and more!

Reviewed on 10/01/2018
Stacey H.
Controller
Customer Support

Pros: The software is simple! Implementation, training, and ease of use are key in a retail environment where new staff are coming on every season. The software is complete! From POS to service scheduling, we can do it all in one platform without purchasing other programs (exception QB's).

Cons: I would prefer that more of the data is exportable. That the sales reporting would show YTD comparisons.

Amazing! Only person who could fix our problem!

Reviewed on 29/09/2017
Heidi B.
Sales Floor Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Ease of use, easy to keep track of customers information & scheduling. There are so many benefits to using Rb Controls.

Pros: Customer service is so much easier! RB Controls is great, especially their customer service! If we ever have problems they are always fixed quickly and they take the time to explain what happened!

Cons: Calling in for support - you can be on hold for a long time. But it is always worth it when you get through!

Amazing product for swimming pool companies

Reviewed on 06/08/2018
Christi R.
Consumer Goods, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Fantastic. Customer support is great too

Pros: It's geared for swimming pool service and retail companies, and since it is for the pool industry there are a lot of cool features! It helped our company get so much more organized with scheduling and payments, and the point of sale module is great.

Cons: Some things are finicky, and some of the things having to do with invoicing aren't 100% streamlined.

Best Software we have ever purchased!

Reviewed on 30/01/2017
Eric C.
VP
Retail, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have been using RB for over 10 years and never plan to switch! They are a great company to deal with and are always improving and adding new features to the program. We highly recommend the software to ALL pool & spa professionals!

Pros: How it encompasses all of the areas of our business and it's ease of use.

Cons: If I had to pick something, which it isnt even that "bad", I would say the inner office email system could use a revamping.

Helpful, patience, knowledgeable, quick response to problems

Reviewed on 23/02/2018
Aileen B.
Administration
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: alot

Pros: This is an easy data base that anyone with minimal accounting or computer skills can set up the information and do the daily work.

Cons: I'd like to see more perfection with the design of invoices, making sure that there is a uniform look for print size, font, also someone in RB needs to set up the customer address with out commas etc. for bulk mailing requirements

Help with Batch!

Reviewed on 23/10/2018
Amanda D.
Retail Store Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Our reps helped us figure out a large issue and I can't thank them enough for working hard to resolve this issue!

Pros: RB is a really easy program to use once you learn! Ease of access makes for speedy transactions and happy customers

Cons: The glitches are what I like least about the software -- however I appreciate how quickly your developers and entire team are able to find the errors!

This is a great program, everytime I need help they help and fix it!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017
Rikki M.
Sales Associate
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Iv'e learned a lot of things i've never even known about.

Pros: If they don't answer and you leave a voicemail, they call back in less than 10 minutes. They always help me with problems that I cannot figure out my self, (plus im not good with computers)

Cons: I haven't had any problems with the software so far. Some days RB will act a little slow but thats the only problem iv'e noticed my self.

Overall, Very happy. System easy to use and customer support is excellent.

Reviewed on 25/05/2017
April H.
Customer Support

Pros: The ability to manage a service dept and retail store in one program. Most systems did not have that ability. Also the easy entry into QuickBooks saves tons of manual accounting entries.

Cons: Lack of notice of feature changes. When there is an update or feature change and email with advice on new changes and how to use them would be great.

GREAT FOLKS TO WORK WITH- ALWAYS READY TO HELP!!

Reviewed on 28/11/2017
Tony J.
SALES/ASST MGR
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: MAKES THE BUSINESS RUN SMOOTHER! LIFE BEFORE RB WAS FILLED WITH HAND WRITTEN SALES TICKETS AND SERVICE CALLS.

Cons: WISH MOBILE LIVE COULD DO EVERYTHING THE MAIN SYSTEM WILL DO(I REALIZE IT IS A WORK IN PROGRESS).
WOULD LIKE TO SEE A REMINDER SET UP FOR WEEKLY SERVICE ROUTE FOR ITEMS THAT NEED TO BE RETURNED.

Easy to use and great for the pool and spa industry!

Reviewed on 10/05/2018
Heidi B.
Sales Floor Manager
Customer Support

Pros: This system was made for this business! You can easily save customers information for future reference!

Cons: My least favorite thing would be the fact that you cannot two screens open at the same time. It would be nice to not have to quit out of what your working on to set up a work order.

excellent- great system knowledge

Reviewed on 07/12/2017
Elwood R.
store mgr.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Taylored for pool store use

Pros: complete access to all information, tremendous versatility, can generate all the information that we could ever need. The system is very easy to use .

Cons: It would be better if I did not have to log in every screen every time I need information in a different report area

The tech support is always able to answer any questions we can throw at them.

Reviewed on 23/03/2018
David P.
Project Manager / IT / Marketing
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: On the top of the list would have to be that we can almost always figure out how to get tasks completed on our own. If tech support is ever needed it's always just a phone call away.

Cons: I wish the software would better integrate with more modern Word/Excel software. Tech support at the busiest times can sometimes be challenging to get through to. Besides that the software is very intuitive and the product support is second to none!

We love RB Control Systems and have been using it for 12 years!

Reviewed on 06/12/2017
Adam J.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Super easy to use! Customized for our industry! Excellent support staff and they take suggestions from users to constantly improve the program!

Cons: The ONLY negative is that it could have more marketing capabilities. However, they are working on adding more of these type features.

Logan in Tech Support was awesome when I had an issues with transferring data.

Reviewed on 13/11/2017
Emily W.
Store Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Easy access and understanding on records, data, inventory, etc.

Pros: Technical Support is always helpful and willing to fix any issues that I may be having. It's over all easy to use.

Cons: Sometimes I'm confused on inventory settings, how to connect devices, how to transfer data to my inventory counter.

Staff provided outstanding customer service. Polite and professional. they were able to solve the issue

Reviewed on 01/06/2018
Lisa J.
Customer Support

Pros: Ease of use. The ability to track customers quickly and accurately, create quotes and sales orders.

Cons: Not able to delete part numbers. The ability to create sales orders when in 'customers' instead of having to log out and go into sales orders or cash register to save time.

ECL review

Reviewed on 16/02/2017
Jennifer P.
Bookkeeper
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Tech team very helpful but POS reporting features don't give us what we need at time. Wish there was a self-report writer.

Pros: Decent POS system; Good inventory product and invoice setup flexibility; tech team is very helpful

Cons: No self-report writer. Have had a lot of issues with device/payment manager and credit cards.