Filter by:

• Overall

About 3CX

3CX is an open standards IP PBX including video conferencing, live chat and mobile apps. Suitable for any business size or industry

Learn more about 3CX

Matthew D.
Program Manager in Canada

3CX - The Softphone that works

4 2 years ago

Comments: The day to day operation is more streamlined and at a management level, it helps keep track of those taking calls on out various teams. It also allows us to be away from our offices but take the mobile app with us and get our VM's via email... all positives and allows us to be more attentive.

Pros:

3CX has made it easier to maintain our calling network and allows us to bring its features outside of the office which aids in our day to day. The phone dial pad it self is very user friendly and the software it self has a very ease of use feel to it. As a manager it is nice to view, listen and transfer my teams calls on the fly - the logging system also allows me to keep track of activity within my teams.

Cons:

Not a ton of cons to be honest, there are some issues of delays from when you ask for a function (click delay) like looking up a contact from the address book and clicking to call the contact, sometimes there is a bit of a delay. The product could use a bit of a refresh look, but overall the ease of use and user friendly Softphone does hit it's marks.

Alternatives Considered: Cisco Jabber

Reasons for Switching to 3CX: As I understand it, it was about the features available and overall value of the product we were getting - the user interface were also big reasons.

2 years ago

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted that 3CX is proving to be a useful tool in your organisation.

Shlomo F.
manager in US

We stopped wasting money on LANDLINES and chose 3CX as out internet phone PBX

5 2 years ago

Comments: For years we had 4 dedicated ATT land lines coming into the office. Most of the employees had 3-4 line phone on their desks, and we would have a few wireless handsets available dispersed in the building. At the time a fully enabled PBX system was simply not justifiable financially. The 3CX software based PBX system changed all this. With a single IP based SIP, we are able to hold up to 16 simultaneous calls! It also piggy backs on the TCPIP network, so when moving to the new office, we did not have to run and install a single phone rj45 jack. Within the day, every employee had a dedicated extension assigned that can be linked to their mobile phone (if they want) . We also created RING GROUPS allowing to dial an extension like 72535 (SALES) which would ring all the sales staff. Everyone liked the ease of picking up others calls, transferring calls, transferring to voice mail and more. You can also load an app to your IPHONE or ANDROID for 3CX. As long as you have DATA services or WIFI, your extension is fully functional anywhere you travel worldwide.

Pros:

Price, Ease of set up and feature rich capabilities. The price can be FREE if you are a small office. Still, even for a larger organization the pricing is extremely affordable. It took less than 90 minutes from download to our complete office set up, including 15 extensions. All this with zero training, just following intuitive user interfaces.

Cons:

The support is not great. While we can easily google and search through the 3cx portals, we did not feel there is adequate technical support readily available.

2 years ago

Thank you for your positive feedback. With regards to support. Support is offered via your reseller. If the reseller is not available, we can assign a new one, by emailing [email protected] If you would like to purchase a support ticket directly from us, it costs $75 a ticket and can be bought from the customer portal www.login.3cx.com

Dar Z.
COO in Canada
Management Consulting

Finally found something we can rely on.

Pros:

We have been using 3CX Phone System Professional Edition for almost 3 years now. After a series of non-starter with other brand name phone systems we stumbled across 3CX. We were initially turned off that it was Windows based however this has turned out to be a HUGE benefit. Not only can we use are existing utilities and subscriptions to do backups, screen sharing, maintenance, etc, but our employees were immediately comfortable making changes and other maintenance. 3CX Phone System has features like Web Conferencing, built in screen sharing, free smart phone applications that were not initially a buying consideration for us but have become some of the most valuable and powerful parts of 3CX - and they continue to improve and release more of these valuable feature rich tools - at no additional cost. The licensing model is unique from any other phone system we've used. 3CX is licensed based on Simultaneous calls rather than total extension or lines. While the pricing is very good, its particularly good for larger offices or public spaces where extra phones are required in places they will receive little use. Other systems require you to pay full license cost for these low use phones but with 3CX, there is no extra cost.

Cons:

I've noticed they are too innovative. Where most other phone system are quite stagnate and only release bug fixes, 3CX regularily release new features and is constantly improving capabilities. We have been seeing at least 2 service packs a year, each which represents leaps forward in features and capabilities. They can be ignored, though we've invested into learning and building on them

Ryan G.
Ryan G.
Assistant Manager in US

The best VoIP phone system for small businesses

5 2 years ago

Comments: We had a customer that had 3 different companies within the walls of the building. We were able to configure each company separately so that their rules, hours, and each had different SIP providers that needed to be configured up properly. Each had their own digital assistant and the system setup took only a few hours to complete with all the complexity that was involved. Technical support was outstanding in assisting with the troubleshooting and setup.

Pros:

The 8 concurrent call Standard License is free to all companies. This makes it a perfect solution for churches, small businesses, and as the small businesses grow into medium sized businesses, the annual cost for the license with higher concurrent calls is nominal. When companies switch from the POTS lines, they need to figure out a good solution for VoIP. 3cx is lower cost than RingCentral and 8x8 as well as many other competing VoIP softwares.

Cons:

Putting in supported APAP adapters is great, but when a customer has a non supported adapter, it usually works, but doesn't play nicely with the software as far as configuring it easily.

2 years ago

Sincere thanks for your feedback.

Sam H.
Service Coordinator/Production Specialist in US

3CX Phone for Windows - EndUser review

4 3 years ago

Comments: This system is pretty reliable from my end user perspective. The voice mails come to my inbox quickly which is nice. I would recommend this to anyone with a business of the size where I work, we have around 80 employees.

Pros:

3CX is easy to operate for me as I am an end user. I receive calls that are transferred to me and I rarely get any complaints that the call didn't make it to me or was dropped in the process. It is also easy to transfer calls to other people or call out by just typing the first couple of letters in the person's name. I can choose their extension or their cell phone if they are listed in our directory.

Cons:

I have to restart the software from time to time because it will stop working. I also have some issues with the log of incoming and outgoing calls. I would like to be able to call someone right back if they just called and I don't have their phone number. Some calls are remembered and some are not, it seems random. I can see the number as it comes in but if I need to call that person back sometimes their number doesn't remain in the log, I do not know why.

Jeffrey C.
Person in US
Computer & Network Security, Self Employed

3cx

5 2 years ago

Comments: Great, ease of use, cost savings and mobility is the ticket in the modern world

Pros:

Works awesome for busy people of of the office who can't be tied to a phone. The app is the most intuitive I have seen, i have been doing phone work for years and whish it was around a long time ago

Cons:

The new app is missing some features of the old app that was handy like exit&ignore push. I figured a workaround but it also changed the status on your desk phone

Alternatives Considered: MiCloud Connect

2 years ago

Thank you for your positive feedback. Regarding the exit without push, you can either long press on the account and click "deactivate" or you can check this link https://www.3cx.com/docs/android-app-faq/#h.lcteeu5yq5kd which allows you to perform a one-time configuration that configures 1 status with push enabled and another "Available" Status but this time with push disabled. So when you want to perform the "Exit without push" in the new app, you simply toggle to the profile status that has push disabled.

Jessica A.
Call Center Customer Service Representative in US
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

Calls made easier and more organized

5 4 months ago

Pros:

The quality of the recorded calls is amazing and it makes them very useful for training purposes . 3CX gives you a lot of freedom to organize the call list in a way that works for you . The admin panel is centralized ,which makes it easy for managers to properly oversee everything.

Cons:

Configuring it when you are starting out takes a lot of time . Status changes ( from online to away and vice versa ) take a while to sync up and this could lead to missed call .

2 months ago

Hi Jessica. So happy to hear that 3CX has enabled you to organize the call in a way that works for you. Installing 3CX from scratch, by following our online guides takes between 5-15 minutes typically, depending on what platform you are installing on (Windows/Debian amd64/Raspberry Pi). The time it takes to configure the system thereafter depends only on how big and complex it is. The statuses, if setup correctly, change on precisely on the second configured. If you were experiencing delays, it is most likely the NTP time that was consistent on your network. Our installation guides also mention when and where actions need to be taken to avoid this.

Taylor I.
Human Resource Generalist in US
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees

3cx review

4 2 years ago

Comments: Overall it has been a nice upgrade from the shoretel system. I experience issues with the app quite often, but the desktop/computer application and desk phones work great.

Pros:

With the ability to add the app to my cell phone, the program running on my computer and having a desk phone linked, it is super easy to receive and make phone calls.

Cons:

I wish that the software had a texting feature. There is a messenger feature that can be used between users, but text messages can't be sent which would be a huge plus for users that don't have company provided cell phones and don't want to give out their personal phone numbers.

2 years ago

Thank you for your feedback. We are actively working on adding a texting feature. Will be available soon.

Ulan J.
Sales Manager in South Africa
Staffing & Recruiting, 11-50 Employees

Easy to deploy and Easy to use

4 3 years ago

Comments: I have had no real issues with the soft phone. Any company that has good connectivity (Especially in South Africa). Soft phones are the way to go, it saves you so much money on your Tele-Bills. The Biggest differentiator for this soft phone is the easy setup. Its user interface is not ground breaking but still great to use. They do give trial licences to use.

Pros:

It has a Fantastic reporting tool and It was very easy to setup the soft phone for my office. It is very user friendly and easy to use. The layout and functions of the soft phone is comfortably laid out on the screen. You could even get a trail to use.

Cons:

Even though it is not entirely the software’s fault, When we have throttled Connectivity, the call just goes silent, This means I have no idea if the customer disappeared or just holding and even if I went through on the call.

Kelsey B.
Firefighter/IT Support in US
Public Safety, 11-50 Employees

Has all the bells and whistles

5 3 years ago

Comments: Overall, the experience was positive. I was able to utilize the software for the intended purpose and it was beneficial to us the entire time we used it. We weren’t nickel and dimed by 3CX for premium features like a lot of the other mainstream services. And the customization potential was also a great thing.

Pros:

The thing I liked most about 3CX was the enormous potential it affords anyone who is seeking to setup a virtual phone system. There were no corners but in developing a feature rich service that is very affordable in price. Again, as stated in many of my reviews, I’m a fan of intense customization by the end user of any service. 3CX gave me the flexibility to customize nearly every aspect of the system to the degree that I chose.

Cons:

The thing that I liked least about the software was the difficulty in setting up the on-premises version of the software. Even being an IT professional, it was still very difficult to understand the instructions as they were written.

Stacy L.
Guest Satisfaction in US
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees

Great and easy to use

5 3 years ago

Comments: I love that i canbe reached without givong out my personal number. This way i know when work calls are coming through and personal calls. Easy, user friendly interface and semi customizable!

Pros:

The app allows me to take office calls while I'm at home or out of the office, without giving out my personal number. Ive got my own extension and voicemail. From our office phone we are able to see if our guests (hotel) are using the phones in their rooms amd can easily xfer calls to guests or staff.

Cons:

When the phone rings..it also rings through the office desktop and that feature needs to be disabled every time we login. No other complaints!

Sirma A.
Sales Representative in Sweden

Great at what it does .

5 3 years ago

Pros:

3CX has a great free version that helps you make decisions about your future use of the software .Easy to set up and I also like that it's great for automating phone connections ,whilst also being available for fax use ,while reducing costs all around .

Cons:

3CX is beginning to look a bit outdated .You also need to invest time in learning the program or to have a designated 3CX admin ,in order to get the maximum from it .

Ignacio V.
Ignacio V.
Business Development Manager in Uruguay
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees

your land phone, everywhere!

5 2 years ago

Comments: I really satisfied with 3CX, also I love the support and how deployed updates. Zero downtime. Very recommended.

Pros:

I'm heavy user of 3CX. It's a great solution for collaboration. I use a lot the softphone in Mac and Android and I can pick up phones call to my land number at any country. Works very well. No need big resources and very easy to deploy and configure.

Cons:

Sometime a lost a calls in android softphone, but, it's rarely to happen to be honest.

Gichinga M.
Gichinga M.
Regional Call Centre Representative in Kenya
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees

such a good deal

5 3 years ago

Comments: it has allowed our clients to know when and if we are closed or open.

Pros:

we recently intsalled this for our call centre to help with our customer service team. It has been such an asset in ensuring accountability in the team and in handling the large number of calls that we expected. Through recording calls we have been able to gauge client reviews and improve our customer service approach.

Cons:

we needed an option with automatic phone records and with this we have to hit record after picking up a call

Kaloyan Z.
Customer Sales Representative in Bulgaria
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees

Everything you need in a phone system .

5 3 years ago

Pros:

3CX really takes your calling efficiency to the next level . Extremely easy to install and and the subsequent process has been automated ,everywhere where automation is possible .It also significantly reduces costs .

Cons:

As it is to be expected ,3CX is heavily dependent on a good internet connection .While calls work like a charm ,I feel like sending out text messages can be developed further .

Polina S.
Document Retrieval Specialist in Thailand

Saves you money

5 3 years ago

Pros:

An easy and free way to facilitate outgoing calls the way you want to . Appropriate for both small and larger businesses .

Cons:

I have experienced and issue with the program not working properly when being accessed remotely.

Angel daniel H.
Angel daniel H.
Consultor Comunicaciones TI Unificatas in Venezuela
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

¡¡Communication anytime anywhere 3CX!!

5 3 years ago

Comments: 3CX is ideal for communication within the company, helps reduce costs by minimizing travel for meetings. It helps in making decisions quickly because it communicates to the staff in an instantaneous way.

Pros:

It is a software-based PBX under SIP standards, which works with IP telephones, SIP trunks and VoIP gateways. Includes clients for smartphones, Mac, Windows and Linux PC. We have been testing 3CX for almost 2 months. It is easy to install, configure and manage, with support available 24x7. 3CX has among its features web conferencing, screen sharing, fax, allows you to adapt the application to any ERP, CRM, PMS software. The license model is established by number of simultaneous calls instead of lines or total extensions. Because of its versatility, it is ideal for video conferences anytime, anywhere.

Cons:

It is necessary to pay the license, which depends on the number of simultaneous calls

Irena M.
Sales Agent in Bulgaria

Brilliant tool .

5 3 years ago

Pros:

The best way for coordinating call campaigns I know of .What I like best is how organized the listings / tasks are .For me ,that makes them easier to go through and helps keep track on my progress and keep me motivated .

Cons:

Works better when complimented by additional calling and / or texting apps . I cannot think of anything else to complain about .

Kelsey W.
Operations Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Would recommend

4 2 years ago

Comments: Good

Pros:

I really liked that there is an app for your phone to use this system on your mobile device. The call recording and logging were great as well as the chat system is very useful.

Cons:

We had problems with calls dropping/glitching. This is more so an internet issue, we had our internet company out multiple times because of the internet not being up to par for the phone system.

2 years ago

Thank you Kelsey for your feedback and review on Capterra. We greatly appreciate it.

Recruiter in US
Staffing & Recruiting, 501-1,000 Employees

Simple to install and utilize

5 last year

Comments: I utilize this software on a daily basis to reach candidates. I have had a positive experience overall.

Pros:

This software is so easy to use! I have it set up to start automatically upon login so it's always ready to go when I need it!

Cons:

Features are great, too many features becomes cumbersome. I feel like they could remove a few features and still have a great software, it might even work more efficiently.

last year

Thank you for a most positive review, we truly appreciate your feedback.

Luke P.
Estimator in US
11-50 Employees

Excellent program and system for phone managment

5 4 years ago

Comments: Does the job nicely.

Pros:

I love the direct to email voicemail system. I'm able to forward, track, and review the message without logging in to the system every single time.

Cons:

Somewhat cumbersome initially, and the program application is only useful if it is always open and running.

Christian W.
Owner in US
Management Consulting

Fast setup and intuitive management

5 6 years ago

Pros:

I have used 3cx for different companies over the past 8 years and so many features have been added in that time. It now includes WebMeetings. I can get a system running quickly without spending hours trying to figure out how to do something. The system just works and lets me focus on my business.

Cons:

I'd like a gui for programming the graphics on the phones.

Jose R.
President in Puerto Rico
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees

PBX in you desktop or phone

4 4 years ago

Comments: A very powerful PBX software with lots of functionalities.

Pros:

many functionalities to configure from messages, to receptionist to follow-me rules, to regular internal-extension assignment. The client works in desktop PC and smartphone, seamlessly .

Cons:

Although it comes with more functions that what an small-mid size business may need at the start, It's a bit pricey overall.

Mike F.
President in US
Management Consulting

We have been a 3CX phone systems user for 5 years and love it!

Pros:

It's a VOIP PBX based on Windows. It runs rock solid, and is easy to setup and manage. Helpful user forums and community of enthusiasts.

Cons:

It works through channel partners. You need a good partner to have a good experience, if you're not capable with VOIP, SIP, or Windows.

Josh S.
Josh S.
IT Manager in US
Telecommunications, 201-500 Employees

3CX Windows software

5 3 years ago

Pros:

This software enables 3CX extensions and many amazing features on your desktop. I use this over a physical phone.

Cons:

I have issues with my bluetooth headset. The software will sometimes default to the wrong sound device, but I have found a soltuion in rebooting the headset and restarting the client.