Getting a great response on social with Rocketium videos

Reviewed on 23/01/2017
Luke S.
Internet, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I'm sure you are familiar with the online graphics app called Canva, it's great for making images for social media. To me, Rocketium very much solves the same pain point but in video-format. Just as Canva enables 'anyone to become a designer' Rocketium allows anyone to become a 'video creator'. For a long time I've seen how popular 'typographic' videos are on social, since they can be viewed (and read) whether or not the user has the sound on. This really hit home when I read that VaynerMedia had a whole division dedicated to captioning videos for their big-brand clients. Of course, before I found your product, this would have been inconceivable, as there was no way to scale the video creation process effectively. So far, I've made, perhaps three video versions of our blog posts using your product and click-through rates from Facebook to our website have doubled. It's such a stream-lined 'fill-in-the-gaps' approach that it only takes me about 12 minutes to create the video. ;-D If I could change one thing I would add in the ability to reorder and sort the captions when creating the slides. Sometimes I enter them incorrectly or just want to change the order but the only way to do this (to my knowledge) is by cutting and pasting the text. I'll definitely spread the word around in my community of around six thousand software-hungry subscribers over at 1WD.tv
I love it. I'm getting a great response on social with these videos.
Congrats on a great product and I look forward to using it much more in the new year.
And thanks for being so responsive. :-)

Pros: The ease of use - Rocketium is organized in a similar fashion to presentation software such as Google Slides or Powerpoint.
It just makes it 10x by empowering everyone with the brain and hands of a designer.

Cons: Just the ability to reorder and sort the captions when creating the slides.

by Rocketium on 01/02/2017

Hi Luke,
Thank you for your wonderful feedback. Rocketium gives everyone the power to be a video creator without any prior experience!
We are glad to hear that the CTR rate from Facebook to your website has doubled. :)
We are currently working on the captions and are looking forward to see you use Rocketium further!

Most value for money and time

Reviewed on 17/01/2017
Mostafa A.
Media Production, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Hi there :))
First up, you are guys are really amazing. I don't know how you are able to do such a great support. This is really the best support that I've had since I discovered the internet.
I just created the first few videos and it has been made by a journalist who has no previous experience. And it's really amazing the total cost of this video (including the editor salary) is quiet less and it will be reduced if we produce more videos per month. That's really wonderful, I've talked with many colleagues and I'm sure there are at least three other websites considering it
I don't want to be annoying about my feedback but I have another idea to consider if you want.
Some of our videos are just about social media. So we need to show a tweet or facebook status in those videos. The background can be a still image and what I'm thinking is of a form asking the editor to enter username - handle - avatar- the text - and choose whether it's twitter or facebook and the platform will put that on the screen. I know it might sound rude but I took the liberty to make this guideline of what I imagined. I just find it easier to show you a photo than describing what I mean in words. I just sent my idea with a wireframe, hope it will be ok :))
So that's my other idea :)). I'm sorry for being your most annoying customer. but I'm a little bit excited about the platform and I really think it will bring something important into Arabic journalism.

Pros: Saves a lot of time. Video making can be done in about 45 minutes

Cons: None as such.
Would be good if we can pull in data from more sources

by Rocketium on 01/02/2017

Hello Mostafa,
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are pleased that you enjoyed your experience with Rocketium. :)

Possibly the best online video creation software

Reviewed on 25/06/2019
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I've had an overall great experience using Rocketium. Having tried competitors like InVideo, Vidgeos, Lumen5, ContentSamurai and others, I found Rocketium to be the most flexible without a ton of manual steps. Support has been super helpful, implementing some of my suggestions to improve the service, and they recently released a UI update which makes video creation even easier! I recommend Rocketium to fellow marketers all the time!

Pros: I love how flexible Rocketium is to create the right kind of videos for your needs. I also love their templates which can often be enough to simply swap out images and text for your own. I've been using Rocketium for over a year, and don't have any complaints. The service has improved over that time. They decreased load and render times (faster), and have added more content to fit a wider array of video styles.

Cons: The biggest con I've found is the music selection. While adequate, there's not enough high-quality original music to wow me. I often upload my own music from AudioJungle, so it's not a deal killer, but would love some extra TLC put towards acquiring new music. That said, often these videos end up on social media where they are muted by default, and users don't actually bother to turn the sound on anyway.

Rocketium For Quick Video Production

Reviewed on 30/09/2019
Andy L.
Solopreneur
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: For list type posts, Rocketium works well. I think this is the area it shines. I just copy and paste the main points from my post and voila, the video is done.

Pros: Rocketium provides templates in several categories. I can choose a template and customize to my niche. Or you can start from scratch. With templates, you can create a video quickly if time is a concern.

Cons: I was hoping that Rocketium can create new categories for the templates. They don't really have a lot of niches. The other thing is that I can only create one type of video. If you want explainer type or animated videos, Rocketium is not for you.

Great video editing app!

Reviewed on 07/02/2018
Elena P.
Data Analytics & Logistics Manager
51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I use the free version, but I also tested the paid version (which, of course, gives you a lot more to play with).
The free version, although limited, is still pretty good to help you make a great looking video, if you don't mind the Rocketium logo at the end.
I like the fact that they have free photos and clips inside the app, which you can insert into your videos. Of course, you can also use your own.
It's easy to use and anybody can learn it quickly enough.

Cons: The Rocketium logo at the end, but that's the price of free :). You can't do a lot of things with the free option, but you can do enough.

Functionally usable and good

Reviewed on 18/04/2019
Mark S.
Profit Executive
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: It's a straightforward UI that allows you to get your video up and out there fast.
I like that it allows switching between slides and customizing very efficient, where some others are a bit clunky.
It renders video fast compared to some others, as well, though it's nominal.
The ability to add voice to the videos is a great feature too.
Adding images and music is simple and easy.

Cons: I can't get past the feel of their templates.
It's just ... a bit older feeling.
Slightly outdated ... can't put my finger on it, but it just doesn't have the modern look that is mostly expected. But the bottom-line is ... get your content out there and this does that.

I love how easy it is to use.

Reviewed on 19/05/2017
Naveen J.
Content
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Favourite thing about Rocketium is the ease of use. Adding images simply overlaying it with text has helped me make more than 50 videos a month for Sportskeeda's Facebook channel.

Cons: I want the most are the labels/tags/folder system. This would help me categorize my content in a better way.

Leading solution

Reviewed on 05/08/2019
Oliver B.
SEO Strategist
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: There’s stock quality videos available for free within the app, meaning you can quickly build professional looking videos with ease. This is a standout feature in this category. If you need to create cheap but good social video ads, I recommend this tool.

Cons: Mobile app is a good idea but needs a fair bit of work.

It Keeps Getting Better

Reviewed on 08/12/2018
Webmaster and Product Researcher
Publishing, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Rocketium has grown a lot since I became a user of the product. I’m impressed with how much they’ve grown and I look forward to where they are heading in the future.

Pros: I really like how they are focusing on adding video templates for different industries and occasions. As someone who helps a news agency and helps non-profits, I’m pleased that they've added news and non-profit video templates.

Cons: The video editing process could be improved. I’m not a big fan of their two-step video editing process.

Rocketium

Reviewed on 05/12/2018
Alex H.
Pastor
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Rocketium simplifies making promotional videos, enabling movies such as myself the ability to create quality products. It is literally a drag and drop operation of photos or videos coupled with typing in a desired message or caption. It offers the ability to use a premed template or design your own content. Finally, Rocketium enhances the product buy providing royalty free music to include as part of the video created.

Cons: The templates are wonderful; however, the templates do not allow the user to modify the template for personal preferences. For example, if the template requires each frame to have wording as part of the frame, one cannot proceed until words have been added. Sometimes, I would just like to have a graphic without any added inclusion.

Give Rocketium the title of World's Easiest Tool to Create Social Media Video

Reviewed on 20/03/2018
Naveen D.
Visual Designer
Customer Support

Pros: I love using rocketium !! They made the complex process of creating Videos in a matter of few minutes. I used to create videos using After Effects which used to take a really long time to create a single video but after using rocketium . I can pump out many videos in a matter of minutes. Thak you so much rocketium team.

Cons: I would never say this as a con but there are only a few templates in the basket but I strongly believe many templates are being baked and will be served hot and fresh soon to the rocketium customers.

Rocketize your Content Marketing Effort

Reviewed on 22/07/2019
Ron elius S.
Freelance B2B Copywriter for the Food & Beverage Companies
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Amazing!

Pros: The ease of use is what I love about Rocketium. The video templates cater to my chosen industry, and that’s a huge help for us because time is saved for customization not searching blindly in the age of information overwhelm.

Cons: Customization is limited for different templates but anyways, it's way better than a boring video that had no value in it.

Being a content writer and blogger, this app is a great boon!

Reviewed on 22/05/2017
Abhishek G.
Blogger
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Rocketium helps me convert my written content into very interesting videos. I can add images, clips, and music to my content and spice it up. It has helped me produce some fun and quality content which gets much more reach and clicks than just a written blog. Having no designing and video editing background, the UI was pretty simple and I was good to go from minute 1. The set themes pretty much cover all the applications and I can customize them even further. Love the app! It's made my life much easier.

Easiest Social Video Creation Software Around

Reviewed on 17/04/2018
Shannon R.
Blogger
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I can create lots fo great looking social videos with no video editing experience

Pros: I love Rocketium! If you want to make cool social videos but lack the video editing skills, this is the tool for you. Simply add images/video and add your captions and their software will create great looking social videos for you. Comes with lots fo templates as well as free images, video and music clips you can use for free.

Cons: In order to make it very easy to use, you have limits on how you can much you can change the templates

Basic Slide Show Presentations

Reviewed on 27/03/2019
Esther G.
Business Owner
Photography, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I use Rocketium because sometimes I need quick walk-thru videos on houses or a simple slide show of images that doesn't look like it was simple to put together. Rocketium provides this to me. For more customization, I use another Adobe Rush or Premier

Pros: I like that their pre-made templates don't look like everyone else's, and once you get into them, they are pretty interchangeable.

Cons: It's hard to customize anything. You have to trial and error your way through if you need to move a text box, for instance. These are great for on the go, quick stuff, but for more options, this isn't the tool.

Rocketium lets you create high quality videos

Reviewed on 19/02/2019
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, I Rocketium has a solid place in my marketing toolbox.

Pros: Rocketium is a good product for creating videos from text and using video to teach. The technology it uses makes you look really good, because it has lots of moving parts that make it seem you spent hours on the video. It also has plenty of great templates I made some videos and everyone loved them. It made me look really good! It has built in music and tips about how to make your videos look good.
For the marketer who doesn't have a lot of time to mess around, its a great tool and I recommend it.

Cons: The user interface could be a little smoother. It has a lot of power though, so that is the trade off.

Create "Buzz" style videos in minutes without having to be a video editor

Reviewed on 07/02/2019
Don S.
Co-Founder
Wireless, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The provide a ton of useful templates for creating videos for social media. Lets you resize and reformat content for every platform (vertical, landscape, square, Facebook ad), which is really dope. Can import your blog content and drop it in your video in minutes. The new version of the platform is easier to use.

Cons: The old version of the platform was buggy and sometimes video exports would look weird but a new version of the platform was just released.

Not an all powerful online video tool but extremely useful for certain types of videos

Reviewed on 04/04/2019
Nick L.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: If you need to put together a video primarily with text and stock footage then this is the best tool. It's extremely easy for me to throw together a video that's based entirely on text. The new interface they just released makes it even easier to use and I highly recommend it for making simple text-based​ videos. They're basic but they can communicate a good message if done well. Rocketium gives you the tools to do it well but it's really up to the user to make it great or mess it up.

Cons: The timings function with the new updates is extremely difficult to use. I have to actually do math! Yuck! That's all I don't like about the new update.

Typical video production program

Reviewed on 13/04/2019
Children's Book Writer
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This program has what you need to put together the videos, and it's relatively quick to do so. I don't notice any better or worse than other video editing systems.

Pros: I like the ease of adding team members. There's also a two tau real and "Academy" which is nice for new users.

Cons: Making videos is always going to take time and the quality will depend on the talent of the user. Alas.

for us it's the fastest way to create explaining videos and social media ads with custom branding

Reviewed on 11/05/2018
Stephanie G.
Art Director
Customer Support

Pros: Multiple templates and asset library
fast rendering and ability to ad our own branding, videos and photos
easy way to create the right size video for facebook snapchat and instagram
love the idea of creating Buzzfeed like videos for my clients and for our own social media
super easy interface and easy to use features

Cons: Only 20 videos a moth for the professional paid tear
limited length on videos for the professional paid tear

Excellent Option for Basic Video Marketing

Reviewed on 11/05/2018
Freelance Contributor
Publishing, 51-200 Employees
Customer Support

Pros: This is an easy way for a solopreneur like me who lacks the time, equipment, and desire to be on video for my customers. I still have a way to make videos that are of high quality for social media marketing purposes. I liked the free plan so much I upgraded to a paid version with a lifetime membership through AppSumo. It's better than the lowest tier priced plan, but offers less monthly videos than the business plan.

Cons: There could be some improvements to the user interface and user experience - and better stock videos added to the library compared to the competition. It's still easy to get things done, and decent stock content... it just could be better overall.

Awesome tool to create social media videos

Reviewed on 20/07/2018
Customer Relations
13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Easy to use tool for creating Social Media videos

Pros: Encountered Rocketium as an Appsumo Customer and have been pleasured to this service for creating social media videos for our facebook page.

Cons: I still they have a long way in adding many features to become one of the best video-making tools, Starting from their pre-made templates.

Pretty cool software

Reviewed on 14/12/2018
Michael W.
Photo & Video Production
Broadcast Media, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I enjoyed playing around with the software trial, and would definitely recommend to my friends who are social media managers without staffed video editors.

Pros: Having some free stock footage options helps make this software really be valuable. For the same price you'd pay for these songs/clips you're getting the ability to edit. Not as full fledged as professional software, but can give a pro look to those creative who lack the training on expensive software.

Cons: Editing isn't as fine tuned as I like, but still a lot of good things.

Rocketium is another very useful tool in video creation

Reviewed on 29/07/2019
Principal
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Rocketium has offered me another tool in my video creation toolbox so that I can switch up the styles of the videos I create for clients and keep new content looking current.

Pros: I like that Rocketium offers a good array of templates to help easily and quickly produce video content for online and social posting. The text animation options are varied with quite engaging results.

Cons: Some of the controls initially were time-consuming, but since a redesign of the software was completed, it has become faster and more intuitive to use.

Video creation for anyone

Reviewed on 13/01/2019
Marketing manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We are able to produce a lot of video content in a short time, test them to see what gives the best engagement.

Pros: Rocketium makes the creation of short video clips for marketing purposes a really easy task. There is no need to use the complex software anymore, really. Just combine text, images and video clips together and wait until they render.

Cons: We would like to see more customization option, but on the other hand, it could lead to expanding the complexity too much.