15 years helping British businesses

About Jotform

Ideal for businesses of all sizes, it is a form building tool that helps users create survey forms while also reviewing submissions.

Learn more about Jotform

Pros:

For surveys, reviews, or gathering any information from a group of people, JotForm is a simple solution. The program is incredibly simple to use and their customer support is very responsive.

Cons:

Sometimes, there are delays on the sender’s end showing that the form has been completed. It’s usually not long - a few minutes, at most, but it can be annoying when we’re on the spot.

Jotform ratings

4.6
4.4
4.6
4.5

8.7/10

Jotform has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars based on 1,874 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Jotform before?

Filter reviews (1,874)

Assistant Direct of High School Programs in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Multi Functional Cross Organizational Wonder Tool

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Jotform does so much for my organizations workflow on a daily basis. From student reports to purchasing and employee time tracking to b2b operations, Jotforms does it all!

Pros:

The ability to customize and collect data, esign features, and all the many integrations.

Cons:

There are lots of integrations but I haven't see the ability to upload pictures straight to google drive accounts.

3 weeks ago

Hi Chris, Thanks for sharing your positive feedback on our platform. It is possible to send the uploaded files into your Google Drive. You can check out this guide on how to integrate your form with Google Drive: https://www.jotform.com/help/192-how-to-integrate-a-form-with-google-drive/. If you have any questions, reach out to us through our Support Contact Form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We’ll be happy to help.

Nicholas
Technology Administrator in US
Consumer Goods, 51–200 Employees

If you use BigCommerce/Shopify, this product is amazing

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Amazing. For the price, which is low compared to how much it is used, its been well worth its cost and more.

Pros:

It was super easy to create a form with rules and automation, and then embed into our website. It's kind of ridiculous the amount of control you have in Jotform, and our ability to then import this into Netsuite is just icing on the cake (we email submitted forms to our CMS portion of Netsuite).

Cons:

I really don't have a negative at the moment.

Alternatives Considered: BigCommerce and Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Jotform: The built inapplications for both BigCommerce and Shopify work, but you have EXTREME limitation. We needed more customization and rules, especially as this will be used by a customer submitting things like cases/questions/returns.

last week

Hi Nicholas, Thanks for sharing a detailed review of our platform. We are glad that our platform fits your needs as you build your form. If you have any questions, reach out to us through our Support Contact Form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We’ll be happy to help.

Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Terrible Enterprise Support

2.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Free plan is good but would not recommend the enterprise plan. They took weeks to trouble-shoot issues. I don't recommend for medical applications because the client support is too slow and so you run the risk of having a critical health application that is not functioning. Strange situations occurred e.g. can't login to dashboard and I messaged client support who say that you need to lodge the support ticket from the dashboard (which I don't have access to). Seemed disinterested when I advised that I will be downgrading my account, no attempt to find out what my concerns were. The "Bye-Felicia" treatment tells me that client support don't actually care and just want easy clients, easy money.

Pros:

Easy to setup and customise forms. Clean appearance.

Cons:

Terrible support for an enterprise customer.

2 months ago

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're sorry for the issue you've experienced and for the time it took to resolve your issue. While our Enterprise Support Team is typically prompt and efficient in handling issues, we understand that delays can occur, especially when there's a high volume of support requests. Please rest assured that our Enterprise Support Team is dedicated to resolving issues as quickly as possible, and we appreciate your patience during this process. We take your concerns seriously and will use your feedback to improve our support services. If you have more questions or concerns or would like to discuss your experience in more detail, please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly. We'll be more than happy to help.

Maria
Administrator in US

Jotform is a must have!

Pros:

Jotform is a must have resource for business expansion. The ease of form creation and implementation is great. I love the ease of sharing the forms while having the ability to embed on our website without any hiccups. The free version of Jotform gives you access to five forms and all support. Competitors provide free access but their support doesn't compare to Jotform. Customer service is great. I've use the chat and phone, both have been favorable experiences. They have recovered information, walked me through steps of implementation, and give me the news that I must recreate a form because it was corrupted. Good or bad, they were there to provide support.

Cons:

The advance design tool could be upgraded to provide more designer freedoms. The CSS editor has limitations since the last editor update, which before worked great at making edits at the code level much easier.

Alternatives Considered: Google Forms

Reasons for Switching to Jotform: Ease of creating and forms implementing, extensive electronic payment integration along with a top of the line customer service experience.

3 months ago

Hi Maria, Thanks for sharing your detailed experience using our platform and services. Can you explain a bit about the feature you're looking for with the CSS editor as we’re always working to add new services and features to Jotform? If you have any questions, reach out to us through our Support Contact Form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We’ll be happy to help.

Wesley
CEO in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2–10 Employees

Very User Friendly Great Customer Service

5.0 last month New

Comments: I have had a fantastic experience with Jotform I love everything I have created

Pros:

24/7 Customer Service Customer Service Responds Quick Customer Service always has a solution that is easy to follow. There are so many form templates and customizations JotForm integrates with just about every workspace

Cons:

Nothing yet I have not issue with Jotform so far

Alternatives Considered: Limo Anywhere

Reasons for Choosing Jotform: I was not able to customize this form. The wording on the form was confusing to my customers Poor Customer Service

Switched From: Kymark Limo Software

Reasons for Switching to Jotform: Less Expensive Easy to customize on my own

last month

Hi Wesley, Thanks for your positive feedback. We're thrilled to hear that you find our platform user-friendly and that you've had great experiences with our customer service team. We're always here to help, and we're delighted that you appreciate our wide range of form templates and integrations. If you ever need help again, don't hesitate to reach out from the Contact Us page at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We'll be happy to help.

Doloris
Owner-Bookseller-Marketeer in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Thanks from the little guys

5.0 last month New

Comments: Jotform is incredibly intuitive. And when it's not, the video and other tutorials and clear and direct. Easy!

Pros:

The versatility - how easy it is to manage the flow of questions contingent on answers.

Cons:

I am picky about design elements- too much white space.

last month

Hi Doloris, Thanks for taking the time to share with us your positive experience with our platform. We're grateful for your compliments. With regard to the question spacing, you can change it easily in the Form Designer. Check out this link for the guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/62-how-can-i-change-spacing-between-questions/. You can also further adjust any elements spacing in the form in the Advanced Designer. If you have more questions, let us know from the Contact Us page at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We'll be happy to help.

CEO in US
Civic & Social Organization, Self Employed

Securing documents with Jotform

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

I really enjoy the ability to create online forms, and have people sign it. It makes conducting business much easier.

Cons:

It could be a bit more customer-friendly and easy to use.

3 weeks ago

Hi John, Thanks for the wonderful rating. We are happy to know that you enjoyed creating forms using our builder. We would like to know more about how you want our platform to be more customer-friendly. Your feedback would help us improve and ensure a better experience for you next time. You can reach out to us through our Support Contact Form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We’ll be happy to help.

Mix
CEO in Portugal
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

The best Form Platform!

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I've bee using Jotform for almost 10 years and never though about changing platform.

Pros:

The simplicity of the tools, Very practical and always updating and innovating

Cons:

Can't say that I dislike of anything, although, I don't use every tool

2 weeks ago

Hi Mix, Thanks for the excellent rating. We are glad that our platform fits your needs. If you have any questions, reach out to us through our Support Contact Form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We’ll be happy to help.

Susan
Accounts Receivable and Payable in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

MailChimp but better

5.0 last week New

Pros:

The ease of customizing forms for various purposes is the biggest appeal of Jotform. It's a versatile platform that can be used for client feedback, employee surveys, payroll discrepancies and more.

Cons:

Jotform, from my experience, is not mobile compatible. There's a notable delay in trying to use Jotform on a mobile device, and sometimes it bugs and doesn't submit the form.

3 days ago

Hi Susan, Thanks for your positive feedback. We're delighted to hear that you find our platform versatile and easy to use for your needs. With regard to your issue, Jotform is mobile responsive, and we made sure that forms are easy to fill on mobile devices. We also have Mobile Forms app where you can create and use forms on mobile. Check out this link for more information about the Mobile Forms app: https://www.jotform.com/products/mobile-forms/. If you encounter any issues, let us know from the Contact Us page at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We'll be happy to help.

Samantha
Samantha
Owner in UK
Hospitality, Self Employed

Good Form Builder With Free Option

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Templates you can use, free option, easy to use

Cons:

Limited amount of forms in one month on the free plan, and then the paid plans are too expensive for me

Alternatives Considered: Google Forms and Microsoft Forms

3 weeks ago

Hi Samantha, Thanks for your positive rating. Our prices are directly related to the high quality of our products and services that we offer. If you have any questions, reach out to us through our Support Contact Form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We’ll be happy to help.

Natasha
Owner in Australia

Love JotForm

Comments: It's been great. It streamlines so much of my business. It's become a vital part of my processes and workflows.

Pros:

I like the ease of use and the conditional formatting. I love the API features and the fact it interconnects with the other products that make my business work.

Cons:

That I can't have an additional user (one other one) unless I get five other users. I don't love the fact that the data isn't stored in Australia or that I don't have the option of doing that. I hate the fact they upsell HIPAA Compliance to health practitioners outside of the US as HIPAA isn't designed for anyone outside of the US.

Alternatives Considered: Google Forms

Reasons for Switching to Jotform: The conditional formatting and the ability to design my landing pages.

3 years ago

Thanks for your review. Glad to know JotForm helped you in your business. Just FYI, we have an Enterprise solution where you can have a sub-account feature as well as choose your server location e.g. in Australia so your data never leaves your country. HIPAA is also optional in Enterprise. Please check this out https://www.jotform.com/enterprise. For the standard version, since HIPAA is all about safeguarding PHI, all users from different parts of the globe specifically those who also operate in the US can choose to enable HIPAA if they are subscribed to the Silver or Gold plan. If you have more questions, let us know at https://www.jotform.com/contact/ so we can help.

Whit
Director of Marketing and Communications in US
Higher Education, 51–200 Employees

A great form builder

Comments: We use Jotforms across the college for submissions from partnering departments for design and web update requests. This allows us to keep all the information in one place rather than rely on emails. Plus, we have a historical record of all the requests in a given year.

Pros:

Jotforms is a simple way to create forms to obtain information and has powerful features for advanced form building. The form builder is drag and drop and provides plenty of options for customization. There is a free version with plenty of features and a cost-effective paid subscription that unlocks plenty of helpful features.

Cons:

The UX on the submission side is not great. When navigating to the forms to review submissions, I oftentimes have to think twice about where to find them.

Alternatives Considered: Google Forms and Formstack Forms

Reasons for Choosing Jotform: Jotforms has more features and has more flexibility in the way that the forms can be customized.

Switched From: Google Forms

Reasons for Switching to Jotform: We like the look of Jotforms and the overall user experience better than the other software that we reviewed. The pricing structure works better with our budget and they offer a 50% Education discount.

2 years ago

Thank you so much for your awesome review Whit. We greatly appreciate it. We believe that viewing the form submissions is easy. On the My Forms page, you only have to select a form then click the Submissions button on the top menu or click Inbox within the form menu to view the forms submissions data. You can also click the number badge just above the form icon to view the submissions data without leaving the page. Example: https://link.jotform.com/SQahsLiiD0 If you have a better idea, please share it with us at https://www.jotform.com/contact/ so we can open a feature request. Thank you so much!

Deniz
Consultant in Türkiye
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Jotform is the best (if you don't mind the price)

Pros:

Jotform is realy the best tool about survey and appointment purposes. They have tons of automations features and it has easy of use charachter. Also customer support is very fast and kindly.

Cons:

Prices! To be honest jotform is very expensive. Thats why althought it was my favorite tool, ı dont use it because of price. Especially country like Turkey which is inflation rate is more than %150, this price is not normal. I think they should define different price point for different country. Or should serve some discount coupon.

Alternatives Considered: YouCanBook.me

Reasons for Choosing Jotform: There is just one reason; Price. You can make free survey via Zoho and you dont have any limit. That s amazing. Also Bookafy can serve many features with free version. I started to use these tools free version and after a while convert my freemium plan to paid plan. Also ı have thousands of students which have to use that kind of tools, and ı suggest these tools to all of them. Because their free versions are very powerfull.

Switched From: Zoho Forms and Bookafy

Reasons for Switching to Jotform: Easy of use. Customer service and Automations features.

2 years ago

Hello Deniz, Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed our integrations.  We do have localized pricing if you live in Turkey. We do believe that our pricing is justified with the features and security added to the form. We are committed to providing quality products and services to you.  Please use our contact form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/ if you have questions.

Karma
Special Education Teacher in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Powerful, professional tools for your small business, with no hit to your bottom line

Comments: Jotform helped bring my small business venture to life by providing inspiration and needed tools without a grand investment that I simply wan't ready to make. It has helped me learn new ways to add accessibility and interactivity to user interfaces across platforms by making these options easy to use and understand in their form editor.

Pros:

Jotform has such an impressive array of elements to drag and drop into your form it is a near certainty that you will be inspired by it all. File uploaders, music streaming, video players, sketchpads, even interactive dice to roll, it's all there! Most of these options include a field for CCSS customization, as well, helping with brand fidelity or jsut making it yours. Beyond the aesthetics are plenty of security options such as email verification, phone number verification, ReCaptchas of all kinds (think visual, audio, and even drawing!), data capture, field masks, and more. Payment portals can be set up directly in the form and linked to their easily customized store inventory widget or to whatever dynamic data stream you create with their form calculation and dependent action tools. Small businesses can streamline this crucial piece of their online presence and do it with personality and professionalism, all with no out of pocket expense.

Cons:

Data calculation and dependent actions are all possible in Jotform. However, the process is facilitated through the strategic placement and coding of form calculation fields that need to be hidden from user view and generally clutter the worksapce for editing. While there are many hints and reminders built into the steps to add these actions, I am fairly certain anyone that is not comfortable with setting up spreadsheet automations might feel overwhlemed or confused by the process. Since these are not needed by all users, it is certainly not a dealbreaker. Additionally, the majority of Jotform's "flashy" options are in the form of "widgets" that appear to be affiliate-created or sponsored for the most part, such as the Vimeo video player or Facebook Messenger button. Because of this, it is hot or miss what type of data you will render from them or how to do so. For widgets built simply for looks, like the graphic headers or page dividers, this is obviously not an issue. But for others you can end up with data that is nearly impossible to use dynamically. Take the "fancy range slider" for example. Users slide the ends to create a range within a set provided by the form creator. The data that this produces is read as the beginning number of the range and the ending number of the range strung together (ex: starting page=2, ending page=10, resulting data= 210), making it only of value by manual analysis.

last year

Hello Karma, Thank you for the detailed review of our platform and recommendations. We are glad that you are able to check our available features and widgets. If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us through our support contact form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We will gladly assist you.

Ismael
Guests experience Manager in Spain
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Surveys for the short-stay rentals

Comments: Very good! It has allowed us to facilitate processes such as the receipt of payments, inspections in apartments with real-time alerts and carry out mini projects, helping especially in the collection of information in a quick and easy way.

Pros:

The options it gives when it comes to creating forms for different areas. Mainly through the functionalities and the bifurcation of questions. It is also very easy to collect the data obtained through the questionnaire mainly due to the automatically created spreadsheet and the filters that it has.Also the creation of alerts via email based on key answers seems to me a great success and very important, especially for the detection of problems.

Cons:

The creation of forms seems to me a little bit too square and too predetermined. There is little room for customization, especially at the design level.

Alternatives Considered: Typeform

Reasons for Choosing Jotform: Especially for the simplicity and for the email notification function based on key answers.

Switched From: Google Sheets

Reasons for Switching to Jotform: For the price and easy to use.

11 months ago

Hello Ismael, Thank you for the detailed review of our platform and features. If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us through our support contact form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We'll be happy to help.

William
William
Owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Buyer beware: JotForm API breaks and support is awful

Comments: Support is terrible and a deal breaker. We are moving to Gravity Form as a result.

Pros:

The UI is pleasant for both the user and the integration. Setting it up was easy and getting it integrated with ActiveCampaign over the API wasn't difficult.

Cons:

The support is a HUGE problem. We work in mental health and having client inquiries transmist can be a matter of life and death if someone is in crisis. We noticed we were not having contacts transfer some times and other times, parts of data which was mapped, wasn't transmitting and deals weren't being generated due to missing tags and data. This alarmed us and we reset the integration to no avail. We contacted support multiple times to find responses that regularly took 4-7 days and sometimes no response at all. It was infuriating and irresponsible on their side.

Alternatives Considered: Gravity Forms and Typeform

Reasons for Choosing Jotform: We had used ActiveCampaigns internal forms but they do not support conditional logic.

Switched From: ActiveCampaign

Reasons for Switching to Jotform: Typeform was much more expensive for HIPAA. Gravity Forms we had used in the past and it had worked but was less intuitive to implement.

3 years ago

Hi William, Thanks for your honest feedback and we apologize for the lack or delayed assistance from the support team. We are surprised that you are not getting any help in a timely manner since we all replied to report tickets on the same day. Our average response time is between 1 to 4 hours. We have a support team working from different parts of the globe to provide 24/7 support. We kindly suggest checking your tickets on the web if you have not been notified via email. It's possible that the email notifications didn't go into your inbox. Anyway, if your issue is still not resolved, please contact us via our support contact form here https://www.jotform.com/contact/ so we can assist you further. We'll look forward to your reply. Regards!

Lisa
Executive Director in Canada
Sports, 2–10 Employees

Great for our organization

Pros:

Great for registration forms; lots of customizability, and once you figure out the calculation widget, it's easily reproducible for future forms. I also like the flexibility of knowing we can pay for a year, or we can downgrade and upgrade our plan on a monthly basis based on our usage. I also love that you pay a flat fee; they don't charge a percentage based on registrations or transactions, which helps for budgeting purposes.

Cons:

It has glitched unexpectedly in the past, where users cannot submit forms and get error messages (in error). I've also had issues with the autosave function, where the builder will randomly freeze and when I reload, it pulls up an old version. Using Chrome instead of Safari helped with this. The customer service could also be improved - it's frustrating that you can't call and talk to someone (but on the plus side, you can google just about any issue and find several suggestions from Jotform staff).

last year

Hello Lisa, Thank you for the positive review! We are glad to hear that our platform has been beneficial for your organization and that you appreciate the flexibility of our pricing options. If you are still experiencing issues with your forms, let us know through our support contact form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. Our team will be more than happy to assist you.

Shilles Steven
Director in Malaysia
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

By far the best form software

Comments: I've used many form software over the years and I always keep changing them due to limitations in functionality and features. Then I came across JotForm and I was impressed and thought to myself, why didn't I came across this platform earlier? Everything I need to start a small business and grow big is here on this platform and I don't need a separate tool/software to manage orders, contacts, customer submissions, staff sales submissions and more. Just one form, and it's JotForm.

Pros:

This platform has all your needs to start off, from a regular form to a contract signing, orders managements, contact and more. Best of all, it allows you to integrate into most of the popular platforms seamlessly and it allows you to start small for free and grow big!

Cons:

I have not come across any cons yet besides that, the price is slightly high compared to other forms, but worth every penny due to the features in it.

Alternatives Considered: Wufoo and Paperform

Reasons for Choosing Jotform: Due to limitations in functionality and features

Switched From: Wufoo, Google Forms and Typeform

Reasons for Switching to Jotform: Everything I need to start a small business and grow big is here on this platform and I don't need a separate tool/software to manage orders, contacts signing, customer submissions, staff sales submissions and more.

3 years ago

Thank you so much for your nice compliments. We are happy to know that you find JotForm a worthy product. Cheers!

Nathan
Nathan
Director, Management Information Systems in US
Public Policy, 11–50 Employees

Business forms made easy

Comments: We run the forms for all our websites through JotForm. The form responses are collected in a database and we are able to display the results in html tables on our intranet. There is even BI on tap, so questions that have defined responses, such as a multiple choice questions, can be visually represented on web pages as graphs. When it comes to collecting information, JotForm has become an indispensable tool in our arsenal.

Pros:

I became a JotForm user when Adobe sunsetted its FormsCentral product and I've never looked back. With a little effort, truly anyone can build an attractive, functional form using JotForm. You don't have to know any html, CSS, JavaScript, etc. That said, you will probably have to know some CSS to get a form to look just the way you want it to if you are adding it to your website. At least that is my experience. While the the form builder does allow for extensive customization, I've found that I've had to add my own CSS to achieve the perfect look I was seeking. Fortunately, JotForm makes tweaking the form look using your own code very easy. JotForm is a very mature and feature-rich platform that contemplates nearly any form need, from conditionals, to calculations, to autoresponders. All field types are available and it's easy to set the properties for each, such as required, character limits, hover text, example text, etc. Using URL parameters, you can pre-populate your form fields, too. You can also use hidden fields to perform calculations or set up honey pots for security. Perhaps the nicest thing about JotForm is all its options are available to every form you build, regardless of which level you buy (or even if the free tier is all you need). What you pay for is the number of forms and the number of submissions. There are literally hundreds of plugins that extend functionality, all included. Customer support is top notch and documentation extensive.

Cons:

We purchased a tier that allows up to ten users, however, only the primary user can create forms up to the tier limit--the others users essentially have the limits of the free plan. The only way they can avoid those limits is by moving forms they create to the primary user and sharing the form. I've also occasionally experienced issues with payment.

Eoin
Owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Very Good and Constantly Improving Online Form "System"

Comments: We are using Jotform for completing our onboarding "paperwork" with our new clients. The conditional formatting option is very helpful in reducing unnecessary questions for different types of clients.

Pros:

Jotform started out as a simple webform application and has grown tremendously since I started using it in 2015. The ability to easily create basic forms with templates is fantastic. The incredible number of form field options and widgets makes creating complex forms with great conditional formatting options. HIPAA compliance and form Encryption make collecting sensitive information very secure. Customer service is quick to respond and people trying to use JotForm to create forms for Phishing are identified and locked out until they prove they are legitimate (it happened to me when trying to create an online W-9 for our clients.

Cons:

JotForm just released JotForm Reports which may solve my primary "complaint". While you can create awesome notification emails which shows the data collected, You are not able to specify in the notifications to exclude fields with no response. This was important for us and required we use a different vendor since we could not create a workaround.

Alternatives Considered: Gravity Forms

4 years ago

Thanks for your excellent review. We are glad that your complaint has been resolved. By default, empty fields are not shown on sent email notifications. There's a setting in the email notification where you can enable/disable this feature. Guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/256-How-to-Hide-Empty-Fields-on-Email-Alerts If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us in our Support System through this contact form https://www.jotform.com/contact/. Best Regards!

Patty
Patty
Director of Operations, Nepal in US
, 11–50 Employees

JotForm is the best way to gather information from anyone, for anything.

Comments: JotForm makes our team much more efficient. We're able to streamline processes that would normally take our team a lot of time to complete. For example, rather than posting a job application and combing through all the CV's that show up in our inbox, we're able to use JotForm to host the applications and easily view the submissions in one grid. We can also designate which team members should receive certain applications, so that everyone is notified in real time and there's no need to go through and forward messages. It's been so helpful to us, and I can't recommend it enough for automating processes.

Pros:

I love how customizable JotForm is. You can get it to do anything you want, with as many custom conditions as you want. We use this for both external-facing forms like job applications, and internal forms like incident reports and expense reports. I love that you can not only receive an email for every completed form, but also easily download a PDF of each one or download a spreadsheet summary of all responses to date. Or better yet, you can have JotForm deposit all of that straight to Google Drive for you. The form features are very robust, and I'm constantly taking advantage of new ones. For example, we have a very long form that users can choose to save before they submit it. I've set it up so that they get an email reminding them to go back and complete the form later. I also use the e-signature feature, the "upload file" feature, and I'm constantly setting up show/hide features. As in, if someone answers "Yes" to question 5, hide questions 6-9. JotForm has added a cool new feature to make their email notifications dynamic, so that only questions that are answered are included in the auto response. It's wonderful!

Cons:

I wish JotForm did a better job with compiling survey data. The feature to graph your results is buggy and looks strange. I was able to easily download my survey responses and create my own graphs in Excel, but I don't think JotForm would be my software of choice for another large survey (we've only done one so far). I also wish JotForm offered the option to have a default email formatting style. As it is now, I have to go in manually to each email template on each form and add our logo and other formatting.

Emil
Internet Marketer/graphic Designer in Philippines
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Jotform: The Pros and Cons of a Form Building software

Comments: I've been using Jotform as a user for a while, and overall, I'm impressed with its features. I appreciate the wide variety of templates offered for various forms types and how simple it is for me to use the user-friendly interface. Another benefit is the ability to create forms that are tailored to my particular requirements thanks to the feature of customizable fields. The form data collection and management feature that allows for integration with other programs and platforms is also very helpful. There are some restrictions, though, that I have come across. There aren't many design options, and I'd like to see more sophisticated design capabilities. The size and storage of uploaded files, the number of forms, and the number of responses are all restricted in the free version. I would like to see more options because there aren't many integrations available. I would like to have more help and resources available because the customer support is also lacking. Additionally, the free version's analytics, conditional logic, calculation, and form automation features are restricted. Jotform is a fantastic piece of software all around, but there are some restrictions, especially with the free version.

Pros:

Since I've been using Jotform for a while, I must admit that I'm impressed with its abilities. This software's user-friendly interface is among the features I appreciate the most. I can easily create and modify forms to meet my unique needs thanks to the drag-and-drop feature. It's also simple for me to get started because Jotform provides a large selection of templates for various form types, including contact forms, surveys, and registration forms. The ability to create forms that are tailored to my particular requirements is made possible by Jotform's customizable fields feature, which includes text fields, radio buttons, checkboxes, and more. I can easily collect and manage form data thanks to the integration feature, which works with a variety of other tools and platforms like Google Drive, Salesforce, and Mailchimp. Having a form that automatically adjusts to the size of the device it is being viewed on is another benefit of Jotform's responsive design feature. I can now accept payments from clients using the forms thanks to the payment integration feature, which is a wonderful addition. The advanced features, which enable me to build more complex forms and automate some of my workflows, are conditional logic, form logic, and calculations, as well as advanced analytics with real-time form submissions, form views, and form abandonment rates. Another great feature of Jotform is its security system, which encrypts all data transfers using SSL to protect my personal informa

Cons:

I've been using Jotform for a while, and I'm generally happy with its features. But I've run into a few restrictions. The limited design options is one of them. The design options are limited, and some users might want more sophisticated design capabilities. The free version of Jotform has a limit on the size of files that can be uploaded, which can be problematic for users who need to upload larger files. The free version of Jotform has storage limitations as well as a cap on the number of forms and responses. Additionally, there are a finite number of integrations. Additionally, some customers might feel that the customer support is lacking and that they need more tools and resources. Additionally, the free version's analytics, conditional logic, calculation, and form automation features are restricted. Jotform is a fantastic piece of software all around, but it does have some restrictions, especially with the free version. Before making a purchase, users may want to take these restrictions into account. Although the limitations may deter some users, the free version is a great way to evaluate the software's functionality.

9 months ago

Hi Emil, Thanks for your incredible review! We're thrilled to know that our platform's user-friendly interface, customizable fields, integration capabilities, responsive design, and advanced features have been instrumental in meeting your unique needs. We truly appreciate your support and trust in our platform! If there's anything we can do to help, just let us know through our Contact Us page at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We'll be happy to help.

Augustine
Augustine
Programme Coordinator in Nigeria
Professional Training & Coaching, 11–50 Employees

Jotform, a Professional Tool for Best Customer Experience

Pros:

Jotform helps my organisation work like a professional body. With just a few staff, we are able to harmonise works from different department, each knowing what his or her tasks entails. It also gives us the ease of working from any where, and reporting work done, it also helps the HR department assess impute and efficiency of staff. Just don't know he angle to start from, but for best customer experience, use jotform.In essence, in builds the competence of staff, to enhance service delivery of customers

Cons:

I cannot pinpoint any, but just for the sake of this review, I would say that the software does not support offline work as some of the features are online enabled.

last year

Hello Augustine, Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Jotform! We're thrilled to hear that our platform has helped your organization. We appreciate your recommendation of Jotform for the best customer experience, and we're glad to have been a part of helping your organization achieve its goals. With regards to the offline feature, there are two ways to achieve that. For mobiles and tablets, you can use Jotform Mobile Forms app then use its offline feature. Here's a guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/589-how-can-i-use-jotform-mobile-forms-without-internet-access/. For desktop and laptop, you can export your form to fillable PDF form so you can fill it offline then only submit it when you are connected to the internet. Here's how to export your form into PDF: https://www.jotform.com/help/212-how-to-create-a-pdf-form/. If you have any further feedback or questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us through our support contact page at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. Thanks again for choosing Jotform!

Scott
Scott
Founder in New Zealand
Entertainment, 11–50 Employees

User friendly and easy, however expensive and somewhat limited

Comments: It is easy and quick to set up a short form and manage its settings, however for the Free plan alone, its very limiting, especially for my team. The 5-forms limit, the 100MB storage space, monthly views and monthly payment submissions amount is not ideal for larger teams or studios (only ideal for small groups I would say), and to upgrade to get more submissions, etc. is quite pricey, especially the Bronze plan (you're jumping from Free to $34USD a month (or $61 a month for us in New Zealand) which is quite an expensive jump). The premium plans in my opinion should be reworked.Personally, I'm only using Jotform for signable agreements and for invoicing/payment reasons; since my team is recruiting often, Jotform is not suitable for admission/recruitment forms (submissions are received often, so the 100 monthly limit on Free is not ideal).I would only recommend Jotform for small groups if you're sticking with a free plan for a form provider; if money's not a concern for you, then by all means! It's still a good form designer, however make sure you have the cash to upgrade or not too large of a team.

Pros:

> No limit on amount of form fields> Easy to set up and user friendly> Good to use for invoicing or anything else payment related without too much limitation> Looks appealing and not messy> Easy to view submissions> Ability to password/passcode protect the form submissions> Quick and easy to integrate into websites, especially Weebly

Cons:

> Expensive - its very expensive to unlock all features of the form provider. Make sure you or your team or group can afford it.> Free plan very limited - the free plan for Jotform is extremely limiting. It's best for groups, not good for teams and studios.

11 months ago

Hello Scott, Thank you for sharing your experience using our platform. If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us through our support contact form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We'll be happy to help.

Janice
Operations Manager in US
Events Services, 2–10 Employees

Finally, an easy way to enter data!

Comments: One of our best discoveries, Jotform helps us streamline data for our events from event inquiries, to details of the event, to the vendors, and guest lists. For our clients, it's easy to use because it only 1 page per question which is not too overwhelming compared to a Google form.

Pros:

This is such a powerful tool compared to other form builders I've used in the past because it's a one-stop shop place where our clients can fill out the details of their event, it gets assigned to an available team member, then eventually we can export the data, collect payment, and finalize the details of an event. It is web-based so its easier to navigate

Cons:

Their customer support is only available online and the pricing plans are a little bit expensive

last year

Hello Janice, Thank you for the positive rating and feedback. We believe our pricing remains an excellent value and continues to be very competitive among our competitors. JotForm offers advantages you won't find in a lower-cost alternative. Like security and integrations. For more information, you can check this link: https://www.jotform.com/features/security/. If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us through our support contact form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We'll be happy to help.