ProjectTeam.com Reviews

4.7 (50) Write a Review!

About ProjectTeam.com

ProjectTeam.com is a top construction management solution for teams that want the flexibility of custom forms and interactive reports.

Learn more about ProjectTeam.com

Pros:

It is pretty self explanatory and easy to use.

ProjectTeam.com ratings

4.6
4.8
4.4
4.8

9.1/10

ProjectTeam.com has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 50 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used ProjectTeam.com before?

Shannon L.
Shannon L.
President and Senior Consultant in US
Defense & Space, 2-10 Employees

What other collaboration platforms try to be

Comments: Like with any elegant solution/tool, I keep finding ways to use it across my business processes. Other platforms seemed like they expected me to build my processes around the tool.

Pros:

The ease of use in adding people to forms and providing access to documents. Seriously intuitive and user-friendly. Doing the same thing in something like, SharePoint, takes many more steps and also Administrator access. Also, the user interface is seamless. I don't even have to think about "how" to do something. The buttons and clicks all make sense.

Cons:

It took me a minute to understand how "forms" were used...like, literally, a minute. Once I got that, my learning curve was flat.

Mike G.
VP in US
Construction, 2-10 Employees

Very simple, yet detailed software.

Comments: My personal experience was great. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was assigned to our startup process and to say she was very helpful, is a major understatement. She taught me first to understand how it works and then how to go about it. She also showed me some shortcuts and tips that speeds certain things up with you not having to do things twice.
[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a rockstar!

Pros:

The biggest sell on this software is the ability to tailor it around your own business and not have to tailor your business around the software. The “out of the box” forms is very helpful, but it’s even more convenient that you can custom build your own to suit your needs and wants based on your reports you would like to see.

Cons:

I was somewhat disappointed that it does not have the ability to allow you to enter formulas to automatically calculate invoice line items such as QTY x Rates. Supposedly that is a feature that will be added pretty soon.

last year

Hey Mike! Thanks for the review :) I wanted to let you know that we added the options to include unit/amount-based line items in your contracts, change orders, and payment application forms. The new fields and table columns will automatically calculate your invoice line items.

John P.
Senior Cost Manager in US
Construction, 10,000+ Employees

An Early Review

Comments: As a construction program management company, we generated and store a tremendous amount of information and data that is shared by a multitude. Project Team disseminates that body of information quite easily.

Pros:

Although I have only been exposed to Project Team for a couple of months, I am finding it to be quite straight forward and easy to use and to get up to speed with. The on problem I had was resolved and taken care of immediately through the Help desk.

Cons:

Some of the Detail data entry level are not very intuitive.

Josee A.
CEO in Barbados
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 Employees

Excellent

Comments: Professional, quick and responsive

Pros:

Easy and simple, I dont have to convert all the subs and workers into a new software it is compatible with all they use.

Cons:

The set up was lengthy but once it was done it used for all the templates

Joseph K.
Director, Project Controls in US
Renewables & Environment, 1,001-5,000 Employees

ProjectTeam Application Review

Comments: The staff at ProjectTeam had immense industry knowledge that helped to collaborate with our internal SME's throughout the implementation process. They were always responsive and willing to work within our needs.

Pros:

The software was customizable to incorporate the many different types of projects we have and the individual processes within them. The software was very ease to use and the site layout had a simple flow to it.

Cons:

The mobile use is via a web browser, I'd love to see an mobile app of the software for easier use in the field.

Erik B.
CEO in US
Construction, Self Employed

Cost Effective and Flexible

Comments: Wonderful customer service through development and implementation. Readily available training and support from ProjectTeam staff. Good follow through.

Pros:

Software is simple to set up, deploy and utilize throughout project lifecycle. It offers flexibility to create unique forms and customize to suit our needs. Certainly the most cost effective solution when paired with the current (and future) features.

Cons:

Somewhat limited features at present. ProjectTeam is continually developing new features and this software has great potential. Adding a scheduling module and a true project cost tracking module would be very beneficial.

Rachel I.
Assistant Construction Manager in US

Game Changer

Comments: Overall, Project Team has allowed me to perform my job easier, and allow me to spend more time actually leading and managing the project. Project Team has changed the way in how Construction Managers not only track items and perform overall document control but also it allows us to engage with the designers, owners, contractors, and other stake holders more efficiently, and has even improved team relationship building as well.

Pros:

I have had the chance to use several modules, including Specifications, Drawings, RFIs, Submittals, and Emails, and Files. Project Team allows you to maintain an create an accurate and detailed report within seconds, and it is easy to navigate around each module quickly. I love using the Reference Links option because it allows me to keep documents and forms reference all together. I also like the interface, everything is easy to find and I like how quick it is to search for documents, and filter items. The Workflow section is key in the projects I work on as it helps us keep track of important items, and force the project team to stay engaged in the review process, and close items out quicker. After all of these perks, I think the BEST thing about Project Team is the customizability. This allows the CM to tailor the platform to the project and client needs. Overall Project Team is a huge value add, and plays a pivotal role in Construction Management.

Cons:

I think the Report section is amazing, however, I feel it is not as easy to use as all other modules. I understand that the benefit of tailoring a log but I feel a more obvious live Dashboard system or display would be beneficial for those quick glances and for folks who have limited use or access to Project Team. The Workflow section would be better if there was a way to see which step is an item in at the main Submittal or RFI or form page. It would be great if we can quickly see that Submittal 22 is in Doug's court right away without having to open it. Also, if there could be a Upload Attachment option in the Bulk Edit option, that would be great as well.

Ashley F.
IT Business Analyst in US
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Extremely customizable and great integration with Sage 300 CRE!

Comments: ProjectTeam has been a huge improvement over Sage 300 CRE Project Management.

Pros:

ProjectTeam is a great construction project management tool. I really enjoyed working with their team to build the integration with Sage 300 CRE. Throughout that process, they were extremely helpful and responsive. Just like Procore, their integration is dependent on hh2, but they worked with hh2 to enhance it to meet our needs. Because each integration is customized, we ended up with an integration that worked better for us than Procore’s. ProjectTeam gives you the ability to completely customize the output of forms like Subcontracts, where it is important to have legal wording to protect both parties. They also have extremely robust reporting and dashboard capabilities.

Cons:

Because the software is so customizable, there isn't much out of the box, so it does require quite a bit of setup in the beginning.

John C.
Pres in US

Customize Project Team to Meet the Needs of Your Business

Comments: Using PT has been a great experience, they continually add new features and the organization's staff are very friendly, responsive and service minded; they quickly respond to provide help when needed and they also make customization available as a service

Pros:

PT is fully customizable including the gathering of data, what is shared, who it's shared with and how it's reported; its very user friendly and was easy to implement with our existing processes and procedures

Cons:

After doing our research and from our experience with our old project management software, PT provided us with what we were looking for

Philios A.
President in US
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees

ProjectTeam - A Valued Resource for Full Project Delivery Management

Comments: Th e ability to customize workflows and templates within ProjectTeam is of great value to the projects and stakeholders I work with. In addition, the various reporting dashboards offer real time status reporting that help inform project decisions and actions.

Pros:

I liked ProjectTeam's ability to offer a PMIS platform that facilitates collaboration among project stakeholders, provides real-time information to drive project decisions, and allows for customization of workflows and templates to fit the needs of a particular project.

Cons:

I don't have anything to share regarding this.

Wayne F.
Project Administrator in US
Construction, 51-200 Employees

ProjectTeam makes our construction project more efficient

Comments: The application has given me total transparency across all of my projects. My company handles numerous design-build projects. Before using ProjectTeam our project team had issues trying to get a handle on every aspect of every project. We have not only centralized our data but are now in "Sync" with all of our contractors by "Sharing" the project info with all entities of the project saving my company time and money. Thank you ProjectTeam!

Pros:

ProjectTeam is a cloud based software and that allows us to track important processes on projects. Even though we started off just using in-house, to fully utilize the power of the system it's better to get all other members of the project on board as well. At minimum, we like to have our subcontractors logging in and create documents to share with us which helps eliminate a lot of the double entry that you typically have in other systems. We've found that when using ProjectTeam it helps build a sense of trust with others on the project knowing all important data can be found in one place eliminating many of the usual headaches.

Cons:

Not necessarily a con but ProjectTeam is a living software and is always getting new features and releases. This is great but does mean there should be someone at your company that can keep up with all the changes to make sure you're able to get the most out of the system. They do have many webinars and emails giving an overview of new features as they come out but I always think someone at your company should act as the system admin and make a point to try and learn all the new changes.

Jordan D.
Construction, 11-50 Employees

Easy to use project management

Comments: ProjectTeam was super simple to get started. All they did was send us a sign-up link and we were in. Our initial impressions of the software were that it's easy to use and pretty straight forward. It didn't take my team long to get trained because it was so easy. The part that we use most (and really the main reason for choosing ProjectTeam) is custom forms. We have a lot of unique requirements in terms of things we track on our projects so it was key to acquire something that was flexible enough to let us do that. I didn't really find anything else out there that allowed you to do that. Other than the custom stuff we're tracking we also use it for basics like RFIs, submittals, and field reports. Whenever we've had any issues in the system their support team has been quick to respond and help resolve them. Overall, I feel like this is the perfect tool for our needs and I would recommend it to anyone looking for something robust enough to track large amounts of construction data and easy enough that users actually will log in and use it.

Pros:

Adding users is a breeze and getting them access to the right projects and forms is easy. Overall, the entire system is just simple to use. The forms, the files area, action items, etc. all work well and easy to understand. It's not like I have to click a lot of different links just to get to the information needed. The system is fast and lets me get in, out, and on with my day.

Cons:

Wish they had a scheduling module. The system is outstanding for tracking document control but doesn't yet have a scheduling piece. During support discussions with them, they have mentioned scheduling is coming so I'm definitely looking forward to that.

Ted M.

Flexible PM Application

Pros:

Product is open for customization to match our needs and support is excellent.

Cons:

Standard reports that come with the application could be expanded. Some of the Forms that are used in the demos could be included as well. The sample project could include those forms and reports and if the end user wanted to add them to their projects, it could be a big time saver on implementation.

John H.
Senior Project Manager in US
Construction, 10,000+ Employees

Tailored Construction Project Management

Pros:

ProjectTeam is easily configurable and will allow you to do business your way. We were easily able to recreate our standard forms, processes, and reports in ProjectTeam and were able to create new forms, processes, and reports to capture and report on data and records we had not been able to manage in our old system. The ease of use and flexibility of ProjectTeam truly sets it apart from the competition.

Cons:

Forms, fields, workflows, share groups, etc are all configured at the project level, which is good if you want to do "one-off" projects, but makes it difficult and time consuming when you need to make the same change for all projects. User security and access can only be managed on custom fields which gives users access to forms and fields they should not have access to.

Katherine A.
Business Administrator in US
Civil Engineering, 11-50 Employees

Very useful tool

Comments: We are using ProjectTeam to track all documents for civil/highway construction projects. The ease of customizing on the fly is a huge feature. The ProjectTeam support staff is very responsive to questions and suggestions. Overall very happy.

Pros:

The customization of the forms is the feature I appreciate the most. For our needs, we don't use a lot of the default forms, but are able to build any forms we need exactly as we need them. We have also started using the accounting cost codes and picklist sets for ease of global project information.

Cons:

The reporting functionality is still being expanded, but I know they will get it to where we need it to be.

2 years ago

Thanks for the review, Katherine! Since your review, we've expanded the reporting capabilities and feel confident in saying we offer one of the most robust reports and dashboard solutions on the market. You can easily drag-and-drop fields from any data source into your reports and export to file types such as HTML, PDF, Excel, CSV, and RTF. You can also schedule reports to get delivered to you and other teammates on a recurring schedule of your choosing.

Andreas C.
Civil Engineer in US
Construction, 201-500 Employees

Organized Constr. Mgmt. documentation around action items and customization in simplified complexity

Pros:

The customization features allows for innovation and creativity. Forms can be created to fit the needs a particular issue. The integration between documentation reference, Action Item creation, and attachments provide the ability to review all related documents in different organized ways. Search and filter per document form helps to vie related document. Reporting is one of the strongest parts of ProjectTeam. Customized Reports can be created to fit the organization needs. We created separate reports for all our shareholders. Every customized report can be customized further before the final view by inserting additional filters and views on all field.

Cons:

Although the system is customizable, there is the need for more structure on certain areas that are commonly used for different teams. Depending on the usage and type of work, ProjectTeam could have ready to use applications. There is the need for general search ability.

2 years ago

Thanks for the review, Andreas! Since your review in 2017, we added a project-wide search in mid-2018 and full global search (across all projects) in early 2020. You can filter your search results by form type such as RFIs, Drawings, Contracts, Budget Items, etc. Your search results can be viewed in either a list view or an expanded view to help you find what you need quickly.

Brian R.

ProjectTeam is the future

Comments: License costs were lower than competitors, implementation investment was a fraction of other solutions, ramp up time was immediate. With all that it is still an extremely robust application that is easily scale-able to any size project in any industry.

Pros:

Ease of use! I have used several products on the market over the last 25 years that have all required specialty consultants months to configure and end users days to learn. With ProjectTeam we were able to learn on our own in hours and efficiently configure our solution in days.

Cons:

ProjectTeam comes out of the box with a robust catalog of system forms. While you can build upon the system form with additional fields and custom workflow you are restricted from hiding or renaming the system fields. We were easily able to work around this when it created a problem by simply taking a few minutes to create a custom form.

2 years ago

Thanks for the review, Brian! Just letting you know that we added the ability to hide, alias, and reorder out-of-the-box system fields in early 2020. That way, you can mix and match custom fields and system fields to configure your various form types to look and act as you need them to.

Socrates C.
Project Manager in US

Great experience using this software and I believe I speak for my whole team, not only personally.

Pros:

That is very easy to use and customize. Our role as an engineering company is not the same on every project and therefore our needs change from project to project. Especially being able to customize for different projects has been a very effective tool.

Cons:

Not many things I don't like about the software. The one thing I am still not used to is to remember to share every time I upload something.

2 years ago

Thanks for the review, Socrates! The sharing features allow you to keep information private before deciding to share with other team members. For example, you can create an RFI and share it with other members of your internal company to make sure all the necessary information is there before sharing it with your designers/architects. Update: In early 2020, we added the ability to define "auto-share" rules. Rules can be set up to automatically share records based on conditions such as create, share, or gets access.

Dan P.
Director of Finance & Administration in US
Construction, 11-50 Employees

ProjectTeam- Best bang for the buck!

Pros:

Overall cost and budget tracking are great. Utilizing PCO's with CO's was an absolute requirement. The customizable reporting features really set it apart from the competition.

Cons:

Easy integration with Foundation is lacking, we need to manually export & import.

Tracy G.
Project Administrator in US

ProjectTeam Review

Comments: Good overall experience. Several features make my job easier, like activity log (tracks progress of documents), communications directly through a specific document screen (discuss submittals with subs, architects and engineers through the submittal screen), and preset or custom reports.

Pros:

ProjectTeam makes it easy to find very specific information out of the volumes of information required for project management. Great customer service.

Cons:

New users don't always know when they're looking at the right screen because they can't see all the fields. They might find what they're looking for more easily if their pages showed every field by default. Then hide fields with log configure after they know what they want to see/not see.

Kyle W.
Principal in US
Construction, 2-10 Employees

How well does ProjectTeam Stack Up?

Comments: ProjectTeam, for the cost, is absolutely hands down the best system on the market. It has a user friendly interface and is fully customizable. The value proposition more than makes up for the lack of a few features I would have liked to have, but weren't critical to my business.

Pros:

This software is feature rich and the BEST function of this software is its ability to be fully customizable. Our company only used one of the standard forms and re-built all forms to fit our construction management business model and it works really well.

Cons:

Having used other, more expensive software in the past, there are several features missing in this software. Although work arounds are available, one thing I've requested to be added is a dedicated project photo album tool. Additionally, ProjectTeam doesn't have a dedicated project schedule management tool, however, we were able to create our own.

4 months ago

Hi Kyle, thanks for the detailed review! We took your feedback to heart and added a brand new "Photos" module that automatically finds photos taken across the different areas of your projects and adds them to various albums. You can also snap photos directly from your mobile device and add them to the photos area. The photos area makes it easy to scroll through thousands of photos from the project and get a sense of project progress.

Esha M.
Project Controls Analyst in US
Oil & Energy, 1,001-5,000 Employees

User Friendly Design

Pros:

Very user friendly design, intuitive, and helpful support team. Support is willing to take our comments into account to improve software where needed.

Cons:

Applying some functions that are valuable in real life construction processes may take time to implement.

Ken B.
On site superintendent in US

Daily Reports

Comments: If a 66 year old guy can use it the younger crowd will have no issues

Pros:

The daily report is easy to use and clone the next days project. Saves a lot of time. I can add items and remove with ease. I’m a terrible speller and I love the spell check as you go.

Cons:

All works well tech support is great Have never had an issue in 3 years

Brian L.
Vice President in US
Civil Engineering, 51-200 Employees

Finally found the product we've been looking for!

Comments: Very positive. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] are the best and super helpful!

Pros:

I like that it's totally customizable. We have several clients with different forms. Being able to format and customize those forms for each client is a huge win for us.

Cons:

It was difficult to start up. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was super helpful - but the startup package wasn't enough for us. We are busy as well and we had to pay extra for more help. I also think units of measure should be attached to our bid items.

Leizl Z.
Project Assistant in US
Civil Engineering, 51-200 Employees

User Friendly

Comments: It's user friendly and easy to work around it plus the benefits of customer support help whenever I need them.

Pros:

It's easy to use and the customer support is really good.

Cons:

I'm learning more about this product so i can't really say anything that i like the least because i am also in the learning process and customer support is there to help.