• Overall
    4.8/5
    4.9/5
    4.8/5

About Spendesk

Spendesk is the all-in-one spend management solution that gives finance teams full control and visibility over company spending.

Learn more about Spendesk

Mark L.
Director Business Planning
Computer Hardware, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2018

"Great efficiency tool for small companies"

Pros: It greatly improves the purchasing workflow, all the way through to payments and accounting. It decentralises purchasing, while keeping control of the whole process with the decision makers. It's very intuitive to use - I never have to train new employees on Spendesk. The customer support level is the best I've ever seen, and they are constantly adding new features and improving the existing ones.

Cons: It costs money. But compared to the employee time saved by using it, as well as the added value compared to manual processes, it's money very well spent.

by Spendesk on 28/11/2018

Thank you Mark for your kind review. We are really happy to free you and your team from the hassle of paying at work!

• Reviewed on 21/11/2018
Christopher P.
Construction, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2019

"Sucess Story"

Pros: 100% control over all teams and their spendings
Easy to use via app or directly on the platform
Streamlining of Cash-out
Customization of fields for export incl. cost center logic

Cons: Missing export file with images for German accounting software Datev

by Spendesk on 16/10/2019

Thank you Christopher for your great review!

• Reviewed on 15/10/2019
Ferdinand S.
Marketing and Communications
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2019

"Improvements"

Comments: Paying all over the US when travelling. Helps with keeping track of company expenses.

Pros: Easy to mangae/upload your receipts when you are travelling.

Cons: -Spendesk card doesn't work in many places (Trader Joe's for example)
-With the app you can only take photos from receipts. It would be a great improvement if you could make a photo that recognizes the receipt (adapts the borders automatically) and that converts it to a pdf.

by Spendesk on 19/06/2019

Dear Ferdinand, thank you for your review. The good news is our new mobile app will be launching soon, and includes a new feature to automatically crop receipt photos. Sorry to hear about the issues you had overseas, we've passed your comments on to our product team to investigate further.

• Reviewed on 17/06/2019
Jordi C.
Online Media, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2019

"Everything undercontrol"

Pros: Having credit card as main payment method for our online providers was a mess. Spendesk gave us absolut control about our expenses, reporting and more over... authmatization! Never more share credit card data to employees.

Cons: Spendesk should have been live 5 ago to avoid past problems :)

by Spendesk on 14/10/2019

Thank you Jordi for your amazing review. We're glad to help you stay in control of your company spending!

• Reviewed on 11/10/2019
Xavi G.
Producer
Sports, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2019

"Easy and amazing finance administration tool"

Pros: The fact that i can scan my receipts and upload them directly from the phone. Having a Visa credit card that links directly to the app and i don't have to use my personal one.

Cons: There are too many approvals needed for every single operation

by Spendesk on 11/10/2019

Thank you Xavi for your nice review. Concerning the number of approvals, it might come from the expense policy of your company. Feel free to contact our success team if you have any question about the use of Spendesk.

Kristan L.
International Sales Director
Publishing, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2019

"Life changer!"

Comments: Loads of international travel and receipt management - worry free

Pros: I was in sales in the earlier part of my career and vowed to never return because I thought the expense reports took way too much of my precious time. thanks to Spendesk - it has literally changed my professional & personal life - bank is happy and I am hassle free - love, love love it!

Cons: literally cannot think of one - so easy to use & instantaneous....My accounting team no longer loathes me!

by Spendesk on 25/02/2019

Thank you so much Kristan for your wonderful review !! We are really happy to make your life so much easier.

• Reviewed on 15/02/2019
Jules W.
Lead QA engineer

"Useful"

Pros: Intuitive, practical, incredible support.

Cons: Chatbot is always displayed even if I don't need help

by Spendesk on 10/10/2019

Thank you for your great review Jules!

Karim F.
General Manager
Education Management, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2019

"Easy, Painless, Efficient"

Pros: - Easy to use
- Intuitive
- Easy to manage user accesses and spending policies, to avoid creating complex procedures
- Easy to upload receipts (email address for automatic matching of invoices, native app for pictures etc.)
- can integrate with accounting
All in all I think spendesk allows us to gain time and control over many administrative tasks, enabling us to focus more on our business.

Cons: - Sometimes the plastic cards fail without any reason at some shops, this is a problem because it blocks us to buy things when we need them the most (ie at the cashier of a shop). But the CS team helps fairly quickly and solves the issue.

• Reviewed on 22/10/2019
Fabien D.
CEO Myriad Connect
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2019

"Awesome to simplify expenses"

Pros: Super easy to create/use/approve virtual cards for online expenses

Cons: It would be amazing if it could be combined with a forex solution, à la Revolut

by Spendesk on 04/11/2019

Thank you Fabien for your great review! We're glad to count Myriad Group as one of our customers and simplify your company expenses.

• Reviewed on 01/11/2019
Team Leader
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/09/2019

"Amazing software!"

Comments: With Spendesk we are able to speed up the organization process of our business trips.
Everything is way faster with Spendesk!

Pros: It's extremely easy to use, no time to waste. Spendesk can help a company to increase its effectiveness.

Cons: Be able to do different payments with a temporary Virtual Credit Card.

by Spendesk on 26/09/2019

Thank you for your great review!

• Reviewed on 23/09/2019
Lukas H.
COO
  • Reviewed on 28/08/2019

"Great accounting automation for distributed teams"

Comments: We're a small team scattered around Europa and Asia & thanks to Spendesk, much of our accounting, requesting payments & doing personal expenses has been automated - giving us more time to focus on developing our business rather than filing manual reports & chasing receipts across departments.

Pros: - Spendesk allows to automate payments & approvals for business expenses and provides great overview over who owns which transactions, establishing great accountability
- The accounting integration (in Germany) was easy and straightforward
- Great approval flows
- It's possible to set up multiple teams & entities, modeling complex organizational structures

Cons: - Due to a change in Spendesk's internal processes in preparation for Brexit the onboarding process took 3-4 weeks, which wasn't well communicated in advance
- Each credit card's limit must be backed by money pre-loaded onto the bank account - and each card's limit needs to be 100% backed, effectively tying up an entire month of "worst case scenario" working capital
- Currency conversion charges are quite high

by Spendesk on 02/09/2019

Hello Lukas, and thank you very much for your very detailed review. We are sorry that you faced some issues while using Spendesk. Don't hesitate to contact our support team anytime you need, we are available for you. Have a nice day!

• Reviewed on 28/08/2019
Matthew W.
Chief Technology Officer
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2019

"Very nearly perfection, but I have a use case not handled well"

Pros: This is cliche, but the software just works. I really appreciate how fast it is to do all the tasks I need to do, and it really helps get my colleagues on board when it doesn't take up much of their time to upload receipts.

Cons: It is not very obvious how to have a card that can be charged multiple times, but only as a single overall process. An example is any service which takes a deposit, then final charge once manufacture is complete. This would be one purchase request and therefore one spendesk card, but needs to allow multiple individual charges to occur.
The "solution" is a subscription, but then you have to remember to cancel it or the money is reserved on the card forever.

by Spendesk on 20/03/2019

Thank you Matthew for your interesting review. If you need any help with Spendesk, don't hesitate to contact our support or customer success teams!

• Reviewed on 13/03/2019
Pauline T.
  • Reviewed on 15/07/2016

"Absolutely amazing tool to manage you team spendings"

Comments: We implemented Spendesk as soon as we heard from them for my compan Hivy.
Hivy is a Saas helping Office Managers to answer every employee needs.
What was the problem I was facing at Hivy? Well few corporate cards, not enough agility in the team when we needed to buy stuff online.
Spendesk was the perfect tool to make my team move faster.
I used Spendesk's product since the beginning - I love the fact that each time I have a question on the product, they quickly get back to me and do whatever is needed to solve my problem.
That's what I call customer support :)

Pros: Best customer support <3
Very smooth and user-friendly design
Custom Approval flow which is great when you go on vacations - you can really delegate the payment validation.

Cons: Cannot be used with existing corporate cards.

by Spendesk on 21/07/2016

Merci Pauline :)

• Reviewed on 15/07/2016
Nicolas G.
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2018

"I have been one of the first customer of Spendesk, saved me a lot of time and mistakes"

Comments: Time saving, seamless approval workflow, team management, Xero integration

Pros: Superb UX, Analytical coding, greatest Xero integration ever, no more corporate credit card, no more credit card reconciliation + I can empower my teammates and make them responsible for their budget + I am in control of my expenses without spending too much time in painfull approval workflow.

Cons: I want to use it for all my subsidiaries
OCR please ?
A dedicated email than I can use to forward my receipts directly to the solution would be great too

by Spendesk on 22/05/2018

Thank you Nicolas for this review! We will get in touch with you to make sure that all your subsidiaries can use Spendesk.

• Reviewed on 15/05/2018
Ken O.
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2019

"Happy to recommend"

Pros: I have to say that I have been nothing but impressed by the Spendesk platform since we implemented it earlier this year. Tracking credit card expenditure was a manual painstaking process for us until we introduced Spendesk which involved chasing receipts and manually deriving accounting entries from a spreadsheet. I now have control and visibility across the business of the entire spend and am confident that I have the back up and approval processes for it in one location. You have managed to develop a cross platform UX that is easy for the user and the finance team alike and the reporting capability is second to none. I have no hesitation in giving a top rating and have since recommended it to other finance professionals.

Cons: If I had one suggestion it would be that the lead time of the physical cards is far too long and the cards themselves should be contactless.

by Spendesk on 17/04/2019

Thank you so much Ken for your amazing review!
We are working right now in decreasing the time of the plastic card delivery and the contactless card is on its way. Stay tuned... ;-)

• Reviewed on 16/04/2019
Sandro M.
  • Reviewed on 13/07/2016

"Forest Admin uses Spendesk"

Comments: Forest is a Saas company. As any saas company we have a lot of online spending : IT, subscriptions (git, adobe, etc) or travel expenses to visit our customers.
We had only 1 credit card (mine) B.S (as Before Spendesk :p) which was used for every subscription leading to problems. I could not have a clear view on all my subscriptions ! I was also blocked because of spending monthly limit...
Using Spendesk helped me to control each and every one of my subscription + no monthly limit. I also use Spendesk for all my online spending and don't lose time at the end of the month chasing for invoices (something which is time-consuming and that I hate on a personal level).

Pros: issue 1 card per subscription with budgets
autonomy given to the other guys in my teams -> they can do the purchases themselves and I can use the customized approval flow to delegate the validation

Cons: I am the one not putting my invoices on the platform now and my accountant knows exactly that this is not on one of my employees' side

by Spendesk on 15/07/2016

Thanks for your feedbacks Sandro ! Glad to see that Spendesk helps you at Forest :)

• Reviewed on 13/07/2016
Thibault L.
Independent
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2019

"Manages accounting better than other pieces of software!"

Pros: Spendesk allows me to pay in a B2B environment, while having full visibility on realtime spending and accounting at the end of the month!

Cons: I wish I had known before that I could connect Spendesk with my accounting software: I would have saved so much time!

• Reviewed on 18/06/2019
Jonathan C.
Head of Marketing
  • Reviewed on 04/08/2019

"Never be stuck waiting for the company card"

Comments: Easy to use, super efficient, and keeps everything tidy (approval requests are logged, receipts can be attached to each expense, cards are issued for a specific vendor and with a maximum payment limit).

Pros: Every expense incurred by the team can be sent for approval, approved, and sent to the vendor instantly.

Cons: Certain vendors decline prepaid virtual cards, meaning it's back to the old hunting down the company card game.

by Spendesk on 05/08/2019

Thank you so much Jonathan for your great review. We are indeed aware that some vendors do not accept our virtual cards. But we are looking to end this issue shortly. Have a nice day!

• Reviewed on 04/08/2019
Anne caroline C.
Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2018

"Great tool to save time and increase expense monitoring!"

Comments: Great tool to monitor credit card expenses, collect receipts and facilitate accounting booking!!
Users and accounting team are found of this tool in our company since it has been implemented

Pros: Easy to implement
Time credit
Great monitoring

Cons: Could be cheaper
purple color ;-)

by Spendesk on 28/11/2018

Thank you for your kind review Anne-Caroline!

• Reviewed on 26/11/2018
Marketing Assistant
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2019

"Good review"

Comments: Very easy to use, I use it almost daily since I work in marketing and am responsible for buying stuff for the office. I love the reminders to upload the receipts. I feel a sense of completion when I've uploaded a receipt.

Pros: Being able to automatically pay for work spendings through spendesk without having to use my own money or wait for my expenses to be refunded by my company.

Cons: Nothing, maybe make it possible to copy the card number.

by Spendesk on 13/05/2019

Thank you for your nice review!

• Reviewed on 10/05/2019
Rodolphe Q.
Data Delivery Manager
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2018

"Perfect tool for open company"

Comments: Use it for 4 years now, so usefull for employees.

Pros: If you work in a company where trust rings the bell for your boss you have use this tool, it's so easy and powerful. Everyone can be autonomous when travelling or need to buy any good need for his job.

Cons: Maybe the UI with soft colors is not easy enough to understand for blind colors people leike me, bigger icon shoud be a good idea

by Spendesk on 12/12/2018

Thank you so much Rodolphe for your kind review!

• Reviewed on 11/12/2018
Natalie P.
Head of Client Services
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2019

"Easy to use and an enjoyable experience"

Comments: It makes my life (and my bosses life!) so much easier. By giving me a budget I can spend with I don't have to pester by boss for money/company card access. I don't have to wait for expenses to be paid at the end of each month, I don't even have to log expenses! I also don't have to worry about losing receipts as I upload them straight away, and if I don't, Spendesk reminds me and questions why. It's a very intuative and user friendly platform.

Pros: The app - the ability to instantly upload receipts on the go (and reminders if you don't!), updates on balance, pin easily available through the app.

Cons: The sign up process wasn't as smooth as it could have been, I can't remember why or how now as it was a while ago but I remember getting my card in the post, with little instruction/information about what to do next. I then managed to 'sign up' but didn't register my card for ages as I thought I'd done that by signing up.

by Spendesk on 20/06/2019

Thank you so much Natalie for your amazing review! We're so happy to read all your feedbacks, and we improved our customer onboarding process to avoid further confusion as you just mentioned :)

• Reviewed on 19/06/2019
Kim C.
  • Reviewed on 02/07/2019

"Great office management tool"

Pros: Ease of use and speed of customer support response and help

Cons: Sometimes the cards take a few minutes to load. Also the log out time is very quick meaning you can't stay logged in to your account throughout the day.

by Spendesk on 11/07/2019

Hello Kim, thank you for your great feedback and nice review!

• Reviewed on 02/07/2019
Thomas K.
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2019

"Great help in everyday work"

Comments: Spendesk helps us keeping track of budgets and enables our employees to responsibly purchase what they need for their work - and that in a very efficient way.

Pros: Very easy to use, compact and clearly presented. Also, each member invited instantly gets the idea how to use it.

Cons: I would prefer the option to produce virtual credit cards for entire teams w/o having to define the supplier. That way the teams would really be enabled to determine on how to spend e.g. their team budgets w/o having to apply for a card for every single purchase.

by Spendesk on 28/01/2019

Thank you Thomas for taking the time to give us this nice review!

• Reviewed on 25/01/2019
Nicholas N.
IT System Administrator
Consumer Electronics, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2019

"Best Tool for Consolidating Company Spending"

Pros: Spendesk has been invaluable in making it easy and straight forward to make company purchases. Setting up purchases is quick and painless, and if managed correctly easy to track all of your spending and invoices.

Cons: Would maybe like an option to create a department card which can be used multiple times but still has the limits and tracking capabilities, but which doesn't fall under the subscription use case.

by Spendesk on 17/07/2019

Thank you Nicholas for your nice review on our product! And be sure that we took your feedback concerning department card into account. Have a nice day.

• Reviewed on 10/07/2019