• Overall
    4.8 /5
    4.9 /5
    4.8 /5

About Spendesk

Spendesk is the all-in-one spend management solution that delivers more control, visibility, and automation to today's finance teams.

Learn more about Spendesk

Ferdinand S.
Marketing and Communications
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2019

"Improvements"

Comments: Paying all over the US when travelling. Helps with keeping track of company expenses.

Pros: Easy to mangae/upload your receipts when you are travelling.

Cons: -Spendesk card doesn't work in many places (Trader Joe's for example)
-With the app you can only take photos from receipts. It would be a great improvement if you could make a photo that recognizes the receipt (adapts the borders automatically) and that converts it to a pdf.

by Spendesk on 19/06/2019

Dear Ferdinand, thank you for your review. The good news is our new mobile app will be launching soon, and includes a new feature to automatically crop receipt photos. Sorry to hear about the issues you had overseas, we've passed your comments on to our product team to investigate further.

• Reviewed on 17/06/2019
Ken O.
CFO
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2019

"Happy to recommend"

Pros: I have to say that I have been nothing but impressed by the Spendesk platform since we implemented it earlier this year. Tracking credit card expenditure was a manual painstaking process for us until we introduced Spendesk which involved chasing receipts and manually deriving accounting entries from a spreadsheet. I now have control and visibility across the business of the entire spend and am confident that I have the back up and approval processes for it in one location. You have managed to develop a cross platform UX that is easy for the user and the finance team alike and the reporting capability is second to none. I have no hesitation in giving a top rating and have since recommended it to other finance professionals.

Cons: If I had one suggestion it would be that the lead time of the physical cards is far too long and the cards themselves should be contactless.

by Spendesk on 17/04/2019

Thank you so much Ken for your amazing review!
We are working right now in decreasing the time of the plastic card delivery and the contactless card is on its way. Stay tuned... ;-)

• Reviewed on 16/04/2019
Sandro M.
  • Reviewed on 13/07/2016

"Forest Admin uses Spendesk"

Comments: Forest is a Saas company. As any saas company we have a lot of online spending : IT, subscriptions (git, adobe, etc) or travel expenses to visit our customers.
We had only 1 credit card (mine) B.S (as Before Spendesk :p) which was used for every subscription leading to problems. I could not have a clear view on all my subscriptions ! I was also blocked because of spending monthly limit...
Using Spendesk helped me to control each and every one of my subscription + no monthly limit. I also use Spendesk for all my online spending and don't lose time at the end of the month chasing for invoices (something which is time-consuming and that I hate on a personal level).

Pros: issue 1 card per subscription with budgets
autonomy given to the other guys in my teams -> they can do the purchases themselves and I can use the customized approval flow to delegate the validation

Cons: I am the one not putting my invoices on the platform now and my accountant knows exactly that this is not on one of my employees' side

by Spendesk on 15/07/2016

Thanks for your feedbacks Sandro ! Glad to see that Spendesk helps you at Forest :)

• Reviewed on 13/07/2016
Karim F.
General Manager
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2019

"Easy, Painless, Efficient"

Pros: - Easy to use
- Intuitive
- Easy to manage user accesses and spending policies, to avoid creating complex procedures
- Easy to upload receipts (email address for automatic matching of invoices, native app for pictures etc.)
- can integrate with accounting
All in all I think spendesk allows us to gain time and control over many administrative tasks, enabling us to focus more on our business.

Cons: - Sometimes the plastic cards fail without any reason at some shops, this is a problem because it blocks us to buy things when we need them the most (ie at the cashier of a shop). But the CS team helps fairly quickly and solves the issue.

• Reviewed on 22/10/2019
Natalie P.
Head of Client Services
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2019

"Easy to use and an enjoyable experience"

Comments: It makes my life (and my bosses life!) so much easier. By giving me a budget I can spend with I don't have to pester by boss for money/company card access. I don't have to wait for expenses to be paid at the end of each month, I don't even have to log expenses! I also don't have to worry about losing receipts as I upload them straight away, and if I don't, Spendesk reminds me and questions why. It's a very intuative and user friendly platform.

Pros: The app - the ability to instantly upload receipts on the go (and reminders if you don't!), updates on balance, pin easily available through the app.

Cons: The sign up process wasn't as smooth as it could have been, I can't remember why or how now as it was a while ago but I remember getting my card in the post, with little instruction/information about what to do next. I then managed to 'sign up' but didn't register my card for ages as I thought I'd done that by signing up.

by Spendesk on 20/06/2019

Thank you so much Natalie for your amazing review! We're so happy to read all your feedbacks, and we improved our customer onboarding process to avoid further confusion as you just mentioned :)

• Reviewed on 19/06/2019
Fabien D.
CEO Myriad Connect
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2019

"Awesome to simplify expenses"

Pros: Super easy to create/use/approve virtual cards for online expenses

Cons: It would be amazing if it could be combined with a forex solution, à la Revolut

by Spendesk on 04/11/2019

Thank you Fabien for your great review! We're glad to count Myriad Group as one of our customers and simplify your company expenses.

• Reviewed on 01/11/2019
Nicholas N.
IT System Administrator
Consumer Electronics, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2019

"Best Tool for Consolidating Company Spending"

Pros: Spendesk has been invaluable in making it easy and straight forward to make company purchases. Setting up purchases is quick and painless, and if managed correctly easy to track all of your spending and invoices.

Cons: Would maybe like an option to create a department card which can be used multiple times but still has the limits and tracking capabilities, but which doesn't fall under the subscription use case.

by Spendesk on 17/07/2019

Thank you Nicholas for your nice review on our product! And be sure that we took your feedback concerning department card into account. Have a nice day.

• Reviewed on 10/07/2019
Founder and CEO
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/11/2018

"Great solution"

Pros: Easy way to manage all the payments, you can change your cards like a pro.

Cons: Sometimes I need to change the amount credit allowed in a card, but once it's created, you can't change it.

by Spendesk on 05/12/2018

Thank you for your review.

• Reviewed on 30/11/2018
Team Leader
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/09/2019

"Amazing software!"

Comments: With Spendesk we are able to speed up the organization process of our business trips.
Everything is way faster with Spendesk!

Pros: It's extremely easy to use, no time to waste. Spendesk can help a company to increase its effectiveness.

Cons: Be able to do different payments with a temporary Virtual Credit Card.

by Spendesk on 26/09/2019

Thank you for your great review!

• Reviewed on 23/09/2019
Clemens T.
CTO
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2020

"Solved our problem with missing receipts"

Comments: It is a great tool to manage expenses of your colleagues and providing them with budget without missing a receipt.

Pros: -No missing receipts anymore
-Easy management of expenses
-Easy management of subscribtions
-Virtual credit-cards for purchases

Cons: -Seems to have different functionality on app and on the web app which can be confusing in the beginning.

by Spendesk on 26/11/2020

Thanks so much for your review Clemens. We're glad you're catching all those receipts!
- The Spendesk team

• Reviewed on 24/11/2020
Alena T.
office manager
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2016

"Spendesk using review"

Comments: We pay almost each day with Spendesk our invoices, purchases etc. It is really easy to use, it provide a hight level of security for our purchases. Very reactive support team is always here to resolve, explain the issues and questions. Really very good experience of using Spendesk!

Pros: I like that it allows us to do secure purchases without fear to loose our money.

Cons: It is user-friendly and easy to use.

by Spendesk on 05/12/2018

Thank you Alena for taking the time to make this great review!

• Reviewed on 21/07/2016
Joshua N.
Sales Manager - Spain
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2018

"Forget updloading receipts, just take a pic"

Comments: Simplicity with a potential to be too good to be true

Pros: As a sales manager, I travel all the time, and a week of tickets can be a real pain to upload on any platform regardless of its friendlyness. What I love about spendesk is that you just got to take a picture of the payment, by the time you receive the printed ticked you usually have received the nofitifcation in your mobile. The next level would be to just forget the receipts.

Cons: I need a defult for my expenses, as they usually revolve around the same possibilities, so that whenever i had to change anything, i could just modify the default option.

by Spendesk on 28/11/2018

Thank you Joshua for your very interesting review. We will take into account your needs to improve your use of Spendesk!

• Reviewed on 27/11/2018
Key Account Sales Executive
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2019

"Easily to adopt!"

Comments: Tackling daily expenses with ease!

Pros: The overall speed and straightforwardness of handling on a daily basis expenses as a field commercial.

Cons: The fact that Firefox doesn't handle the software?

• Reviewed on 10/09/2019
Suzanne T.
Business Developer
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2019

"Very easy to use!"

Comments: It's super user-friendly and efficient :)

Pros: I travel a lot for work and love that I can use the app at any moment and upload directly my invoices to the app, very user-friendly

Cons: Sometimes the app takes a bit to load the images, but it usually solves with a few minutes

by Spendesk on 10/10/2019

Thank you Suzanne for your great review. We're happy to help you spending while on-the-go!

• Reviewed on 07/10/2019
Senior User Experience Designer
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2019

"Makes a complex process quick painless"

Comments: I regularly need to spend on incentives for gathering user feedback, and spendesk makes that process easy for me.

Pros: As a user of Spendesk, it's great to feel enabled to easily make work purchases without needing to worry about expense forms, or waiting for someone to give you a company card. It makes my workflow faster.

Cons: There's very little I don't like. I've only had two case where there was something in the UI that I didn't understand 100%, but it didn't prevent me from achieving what I needed to do.

by Spendesk on 08/05/2019

Thank you for your great review!

• Reviewed on 07/05/2019
Ségolène G.
Head accountant subsidiaries
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2018

"Amazing tool"

Comments: Time saving, reassuring and easy to use.
Really good job guys & thanks again for your help.

Pros: Spendesk customer support is one of the best I have seen! Very friendly and available at any time to help you.
Tool, very easy to use.

Cons: It doesn't recognize wrong receipt and sometimes VAT.

by Spendesk on 28/11/2018

Thank you so much Ségolène for your review, we are really happy to help you and your company!

• Reviewed on 23/11/2018
Jordi C.
CFO
Online Media, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2019

"Everything undercontrol"

Pros: Having credit card as main payment method for our online providers was a mess. Spendesk gave us absolut control about our expenses, reporting and more over... authmatization! Never more share credit card data to employees.

Cons: Spendesk should have been live 5 ago to avoid past problems :)

by Spendesk on 14/10/2019

Thank you Jordi for your amazing review. We're glad to help you stay in control of your company spending!

• Reviewed on 11/10/2019
Kristan L.
International Sales Director
Publishing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2019

"Life changer!"

Comments: Loads of international travel and receipt management - worry free

Pros: I was in sales in the earlier part of my career and vowed to never return because I thought the expense reports took way too much of my precious time. thanks to Spendesk - it has literally changed my professional & personal life - bank is happy and I am hassle free - love, love love it!

Cons: literally cannot think of one - so easy to use & instantaneous....My accounting team no longer loathes me!

by Spendesk on 25/02/2019

Thank you so much Kristan for your wonderful review !! We are really happy to make your life so much easier.

• Reviewed on 15/02/2019
Vlad Z.
Director Of Engineering
  • Reviewed on 25/12/2018

"Great help for managing your work receipts"

Pros: - expense cards for recurring payments
- OCR to recognise receipts
- configurable approval workflows (with auto-approval if under specified amount)
- VAT support
- mobile app
- visibility on back payments

Cons: - not enough visibility with spending per per category / missing analytics dashboard

by Spendesk on 26/12/2018

Dear Vlad, thank you for your kind review!

• Reviewed on 25/12/2018
André C.
Head of Finance
  • Reviewed on 28/03/2019

"Surprisingly helpful and efficient"

Comments: Spendesk allowed WeTek to manage all the paperwork related to its employees T&E, using a more efficient and correct approach. We've also improved the flexibility regarding one-off online purchases and regular subscriptions. Expenses management became simpler and its platform is very intuitive. A very good experience and I would definitely recommend it.

Pros: Automatic supplier identification and the ability to invoice the amount of documents uploaded. The user reminder feature is very useful, as well as its reports.

Cons: It would be interesting to be able to select the expiration date of the issued credit cards. Also, physical credit cards should somehow enforce company spending policies.

by Spendesk on 02/04/2019

Thank you André for your amazing review! We're really glad to help you and all teams at WeTek dealing with spending management.

• Reviewed on 28/03/2019
Pauline T.
  • Reviewed on 15/07/2016

"Absolutely amazing tool to manage you team spendings"

Comments: We implemented Spendesk as soon as we heard from them for my compan Hivy.
Hivy is a Saas helping Office Managers to answer every employee needs.
What was the problem I was facing at Hivy? Well few corporate cards, not enough agility in the team when we needed to buy stuff online.
Spendesk was the perfect tool to make my team move faster.
I used Spendesk's product since the beginning - I love the fact that each time I have a question on the product, they quickly get back to me and do whatever is needed to solve my problem.
That's what I call customer support :)

Pros: Best customer support <3
Very smooth and user-friendly design
Custom Approval flow which is great when you go on vacations - you can really delegate the payment validation.

Cons: Cannot be used with existing corporate cards.

by Spendesk on 21/07/2016

Merci Pauline :)

• Reviewed on 15/07/2016
Xavi G.
Producer
Sports, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2019

"Easy and amazing finance administration tool"

Pros: The fact that i can scan my receipts and upload them directly from the phone. Having a Visa credit card that links directly to the app and i don't have to use my personal one.

Cons: There are too many approvals needed for every single operation

by Spendesk on 11/10/2019

Thank you Xavi for your nice review. Concerning the number of approvals, it might come from the expense policy of your company. Feel free to contact our success team if you have any question about the use of Spendesk.

• Reviewed on 08/10/2019
Anne caroline C.
Head of Finance
Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2018

"Great tool to save time and increase expense monitoring!"

Comments: Great tool to monitor credit card expenses, collect receipts and facilitate accounting booking!!
Users and accounting team are found of this tool in our company since it has been implemented

Pros: Easy to implement
Time credit
Great monitoring

Cons: Could be cheaper
purple color ;-)

by Spendesk on 28/11/2018

Thank you for your kind review Anne-Caroline!

• Reviewed on 26/11/2018
Marketing Assistant
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2019

"Good review"

Comments: Very easy to use, I use it almost daily since I work in marketing and am responsible for buying stuff for the office. I love the reminders to upload the receipts. I feel a sense of completion when I've uploaded a receipt.

Pros: Being able to automatically pay for work spendings through spendesk without having to use my own money or wait for my expenses to be refunded by my company.

Cons: Nothing, maybe make it possible to copy the card number.

by Spendesk on 13/05/2019

Thank you for your nice review!

• Reviewed on 10/05/2019
Holli B.
Head of Customer Experience
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2019

"Instant, quick and easy to use"

Comments: adhoc I need to use the company card to buy tickets for events etc. Spendesk makes it hassle free

Pros: - The speed of funds being ready to spend on my card after making my request and it being authorised.
- Not being reliant on company card holder being in the office to use the company card

Cons: I haven't experienced any issues with spendesk so far

by Spendesk on 01/07/2019

Thank you so much Holli for your super nice review. We are glad to help you better manage your spending. Have a nice day :)

• Reviewed on 24/06/2019