Betterworks Reviews

by Betterworks

Filter by:

• Overall

About Betterworks

With Betterworks your enterprise team has access to performance management solutions for your globally distributed team

Learn more about Betterworks

Business Analyst
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/04/2021

"Good Bones, Needs Help with Execution and Support"

Comments: Betterworks has increased transparency and has helped facilitate goal setting across the firm. Our executive team likes the level of detail that they can see the entire organization from. Calibration has been helpful for our talent management.

Pros: The ability to see how objectives all align together gives a great overview of the org and how each objective fits into the broader picture. Conversations can be used to run some useful cycles. The philosophy of transparency is a positive. Overall theyve got a good platform but it is not polished and they need to think through some design choices more extensively.

Cons: Pretty buggy, poor user UI communication, poor technical support. We had pointed out to our support and sent videos of reproducible errors in core functions of the system (pressing save would not save, these kinds of things) and it takes them 6 months of us pushing them for anything to be done. The UI leaves the user guessing on the details in a lot of places or simply does things but doesnt notify the user that it is doing those things. In general support tickets seems to get passed up to the technical team which then acts a black hole from which no support ever emerges again.

• Reviewed on 21/04/2021
Melissa V.
Office Assistant
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2018

"We just implemented Betterworks to track Performance Management for our entire company."

Comments: The ability to track my goals and see how I am growing within my company. This is also helpful to me because I am a young professional and by tracking my goals through betterworks it allows me to quantify my skills so I can list them on my resume.

Pros: We just started using Betterworks to track our companies performance management. The thing I like most about Betterworks is the layout that allows me to organize my goals in a comprehensive manner. It also has different methods in which I can track my progress in completing a goal whether that is in a percentage basis, units, or dollar basis. In addition, I can set a goal and then change the due dates of the OKR's so I don't have to complete the whole thing at once.

Cons: I wish I could see an organization chart of the entire company and its goals not just my team's org. chart and our goals. I wish there was a better way to link my better works goals with other applications I use. For example, with my Project Management goal, I want to ensure my deliverables are on time but there isn't a good link with ASANA my project management app so I have to track my accuracy manually which is difficult.

• Reviewed on 15/01/2018
Marta V.
Vice President, Human Resources
Wholesale, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/04/2020

"Easy to customize your Employee Engagement Surveys"

Comments: The process was easy to set up. Easy to use. Downloading/Analyzing the results is easy.

Pros: Customization is one of the best features of Hyphen (Betterworks). I love that there is an expansive library of questions (open ended, rating, etc.), but also have the functionality to create your own questions needed by organizations.

Cons: We would really like more benchmark data where we can compare our results by industry, FTE size, revenue size, etc.

• Reviewed on 14/04/2020
Kevin C.
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2019

"Awesome tool to keep teams on track!"

Comments: Overall, Betterworks is a great tool an entire company can get behind and stay organized within. It helps keep track of high-level company efforts to ensure we remain aligned. I'd recommend this tool to anyone who is thinking about utilizing the OKR model.

Pros: Finally, a user-friendly tool that enables teams to track progress on milestones using the OKR model. Some of the great features include:
- Tiered goals
- Assigned goals
- Milestones within goals
- Goal tracking and analytic-based reporting
- Robust on- boarding system

Cons: There is a (very) slight learning curve to immediately get started.

• Reviewed on 30/04/2019
Margaret D.
Controller
  • Reviewed on 26/04/2021

"Betterworks"

Comments: We have a new People Ops team that is going to compare it against some other options and decide what to do going forward

Pros: Easy to deploy. Single sign on. Administration is very simple

Cons: I have no control over reporting. The analytics are nonsense.

• Reviewed on 26/04/2021
Senior Field Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2018

"Well organized tool that's easy for all levels"

Comments: An easy way to create new professional development goals for myself

Pros: It was easy to get started as a beginner and I liked the very simple training and tips provided when I first logged in. I also love the fact that it gives you a range of view options (including list, chart and dashboard) to fit your individual preferences. It's a nice streamlined user interface that includes just the right amount of clicks to find what you're looking for. I also like the export feature.

Cons: It took me a few times to get the hang of moving items after I first created them. It takes some effort to reorganize something for a 2nd or 3rd time.

• Reviewed on 18/01/2018
Dan G.
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2017

"Probably a good option for large enterprises"

Comments: It's pricey, so a large company might be a better candidate. We used it for a couple of years, but it was difficult to get everyone at the firm to adopt. The frequency of updates and changes to the look and feel of the interface added to the challenge. For a larger company with a big HR group, this could be a great solution.

• Reviewed on 25/02/2017
Sales Representative at Geist, a division of Vertiv
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2019

"Goal Tracking and Alignment"

Comments: We attempted to implement this kind of process in another software that was not purpose built for tracking goals. This software is definitely an investment for an organization that wants to see true alignment and progress.

Pros: This allows for a comprehensive top to bottom alignment of organizational goals. You can track everyones progress, pending they update it appropriately.

Cons: Not always the most intuitive to use and training is required. When goals go past due you cannot delete them if they had become irrelevant, you have to go in and edit them heavily.

• Reviewed on 08/10/2019
Nicole M.
HRBP
Medical Devices, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2021

"Performance Management with Ease"

Comments: The customer support is OUTSTANDING.

Pros: I enjoy working this is software the system is easy to understand.

Cons: I would to see additional functions available with reporting and with the 9 box.

• Reviewed on 20/04/2021
Edward C.
Edward C.
YouTube Marketing manager
  • Reviewed on 01/07/2019

"Great structure to a tedious process"

Comments: Great way to schedule check ins and see global visibility of goals for company transparency. Brings uniformity to management process and gives team members a literally platform to discuss concerns on a regular basis.

Pros: Company organisation chart is absolutely brilliant with clear lines and separation, perfect for on boarding new starters.

Cons: Not sure if this is just my admins but week starting on Sunday, why?? And the ability to align objectives depends on implementation from others.

• Reviewed on 01/07/2019
Site Reliability Architect
Biotechnology, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2018

"The best tool I've seen for managing OKRs"

Pros: Provides exceptional visibility into the OKRs of large organizations, making it easy to align on strategies with other sibling orgs within the greater org.

Cons: UI can be non-intuitive sometimes. Lack of consistency between different UI views, leads to user confusion. Some more walk-thru wizards would help.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2018
Alison J.
Alison J.
Academic Counselor
E-Learning, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/05/2021

"Betterworks makes me a better worker!"

Comments: My overall experience using Betterworks has been great!

Pros: I like that I'm able to track my goal progress and also connect with my team members and see what their goals are.

Cons: The thing I like least is that it has a lot of functionality that I really don't know how to use 100% yet.

by Betterworks on 28/05/2021

Thanks Alison for your review. We're so happy that your experience has been so great!
As for the additional functionality, we'd be more than happy to walk you through those features.

• Reviewed on 25/05/2021
Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 14/04/2019

"A positive influence"

Pros: - Good promoter of a transparency culture - I like the ability to see the objectives of senior directors and how the rest of the companies objectives are aligned to these.
- The ability to request peer feedback from within the app is very useful - and especially the ability for managers to see.

Cons: - There's no functionality to review previous checkins, other than manually clicking into each one. I have weekly checkins with my direct reports and find our checkin notes useful for quarterly performance evaluations - if I could see all of them on one screen or be able to search into them, this would be a big improvement

• Reviewed on 14/04/2019
Ali A.
Ali A.
Senior Program Manager
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2021

"Scam"

Comments: Total fraud

Pros: Prior to making any false promises, ensure that your account manager are trained to help your customer and not mislead them. Happy to share my recent encounter with BW sales team and how I was mislead to purchase the team edition, guess what it doesn’t come with JIRA integration?! Why I wasn’t told this? I asked for a refund, guess what we don’t have a refund policy! [SENSITIVE CONTENT] in order for you to win the SaaS space, you really need to review your account management processes/policies. After being one of the biggest promoters of BW, I can tell you now I am one of the biggest deteractors and I will continue to share this bad experience in every public forum! #stayawayfrombetterworks

Cons: Their account managers sucks, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] I highly recommend working for a 2nd hand car dealership

Alternatives Considered: Jira

Reasons for Switching to Betterworks: They are not fraduesters and promise something but deliver something else

• Reviewed on 30/07/2021
Liza W.
Marketing and Communications Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/09/2019

"Not the right tool for our organization"

Comments: I think we approached Betterworks as an organization with a great idea of aligning more across teams, and working together toward organizational priorities. In practice, however, it has been a bit of a flop despite our team's best efforts to implement. It felt like people were setting OKRs more out of necessity than actual usefulness, and the conversations were just a formality. People resented having to use the tool for goal setting and planning, when we already use Asana. Ultimately, it just felt like another piece of technology that we had been assigned to use rather than a tool that was actually useful. If you are considering getting Betterworks, I would encourage you to think hard about whether the tool is uniquely solving a challenge and developing a strong adoption plan. Without buy in from users, the tool loses its efficacy and impact.

Pros: Betterworks has a simple interface and is pretty user friendly. Through going through the exercise of coordinated goal setting as a team, it has helped us align and communicate more.

Cons: For my team, it didn't feel like a necessary software product. We felt we didn't need an expensive tool just to set quarterly goals, which we had previously done ourselves just through using gsuite.

• Reviewed on 03/09/2019
Nandini K.
Development Officer
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2017

"Great goal tracking app"

Pros: I really like the integration that we can do for a software - like jira salesforce and google sheets to track our goals.

Cons: Load time. Response time could be better for sure. I many a time see an empty screen. But I really like it.

• Reviewed on 17/11/2017
Sales Representative at Geist, a division of Vertiv
Industrial Automation, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2019

"Working towards common goals"

Comments: We are aligning business goals from the top down and down to the top. Previously we tried to use another software, Podio, to achieve this. We spent a ton of money and time on Podio to adapt it when we should have used this software in the first place.

Pros: This is an app that allows an organization to create goals from the C-level to the associate level. It lets you align the short-term and long-term goals to what is needed for the person or organization. It is well thought out and intuitive to use.

Cons: Not much that I have not liked so far, it is easy to use and you can navigate without training.

• Reviewed on 09/01/2019
Rachel B.
Admin
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2018

"good portal for multiple functionalities and teams, versatile and easily adaptable, accessibility +"

Pros: intuitive, easy to personalize, can be utilized for any goal, good customer service, reliable and open

Cons: not compatible with most other software systems, complicated to set up and maintain, expensive investment

• Reviewed on 24/07/2018