15 years helping British businesses

United Kingdom Local product

About Brandwatch

Discover influencers, handle relationships, and manage campaigns all in one place with Brandwatch’s Influence tool.

Learn more about Brandwatch

Pros:

The software effectively drew out sentiment, context, and the quantity of messages incoming.

Cons:

To leverage it at fool capacity it require some serious skills in query wirting.

Brandwatch ratings

4.2
4.5
3.9
3.8

7.6/10

Brandwatch has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars based on 230 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Brandwatch before?

Social Media Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201–500 Employees

This tool has saved me unbelievable amounts of time!

Comments: This tool has been a game changer! I've used similar products like Sprout Social or Hootsuite but Brandwatch is my preferred. The tools included and the account levels made the most sense for our organization and their customer service is incredible!

Pros:

This has all the best features of a social media management tool wrapped up into one easy to navigate tool that is sleek, clean, and works well.

Cons:

The biggest issue I have is when I publish content natively through a social media site. Sometimes it does not appear in the general calendar on Brandwatch or the analytics available for the post are limited.

Alternatives Considered: Sprout Social, Loomly, Meltwater and Hootsuite

Reasons for Choosing Brandwatch: Cost and lack of desired features on Sprout Social.

Switched From: Sprout Social

Reasons for Switching to Brandwatch: Their team was helpful and had an answer to every issue we presented. They were the most affordable given our desired tools and worked with us to ensure we got the exact package that we needed.

Roderick
Social Media Manager in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Great product with lots of features but be prepared to pay!

Comments: Overall my experience with Falcon has been very positive. Having used multiple SMM tools, I've been impressed with the efficiency of the software. More development on the accompanying Hub app will really benefit a seamless operation across both desktop and mobile.

Pros:

Falcon is really easy to manage multiple social media channels, allowing you to easily post, interact and report. The UI is really easy to digest, meaning you can quickly pick up and get used to the software with minimal training. The customer support staff are always readily available should you need them, offering great advice and checking back to make sure the issue has been resolved. Regular webinars also give key insight into the changes going on in the social landscape, as well as demonstrating new product features.

Cons:

Falcon is one of the pricier social media scheduler tools. The value is there with the quality and detail in the social listening/reporting, however it doesn't make the software too accessible for smaller businesses or individuals.

Alternatives Considered: Agorapulse and Hootsuite

Switched From: Buffer

Reasons for Switching to Brandwatch: Number of features and ability to have multiple team members/accounts with various levels of accessibility.

Real Estate, 501–1,000 Employees

High on price, low on features, awful product.

Comments: Get yourself a 2-3 month trial before you buy. DO NOT SIGN AN ANNUAL CONTRACT as you'll spend a fortune on absolutely nothing. There are many other similar softwares out there at a fraction of the price.

Pros:

Allowed scheduling for LinkedIn before any other platform did. Customer support is very good, despite the product being absolutely terrible.

Cons:

Every aspect of this software is terrible. From lack of Reel support to improper data reporting to extra line breaks and "<?>" boxes when you schedule posts, Falcon is an overpriced nightmare that you should avoid at all costs. The product we were promised and the product we wound up with were two completely different things.

Alternatives Considered: Sprout Social and Hootsuite

Reasons for Choosing Brandwatch: Was seeking a singular platform to manage multiple business profiles in a simplified way. Falcon, unfortunately, was not that.

Switched From: X Pro, Later and Meta for Business

Reasons for Switching to Brandwatch: Price, promised features, ease of use.

Rynie
Marketing assistant in South Africa
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

How Falcon made my day to day life easier

Comments: Overall experience is very positive. Like mentioned above, I really like the Publishing tool. Engaging with the audience is also much easier than before (I do however wish that Instagram DM's could pull through to Falcon as well because then all my engagement could be done from one platform). But yes, overall I'm very positive. The team is also always very ready and prepared to help.

Pros:

The Publishing tool saves me so much time. Instead of designing a content plan on other software or programs, I can now create my content on Falcon's calendar. I also save time then on briefing our designers, because I send it directly to them for approval where they see exactly what I have in mind and design it accordingly.

Cons:

I really dislike that I have to create my audience from scratch every time I set up my ads. I don't want to create an audience from the listening tool, which is the only way you can save an audience. I would like to create an audience from scratch once, save it for that specific channel, and have it ready the next time/month I create my ads. Also, a recommendation - That you can edit published content as well (sometimes you want to change a small thing in the caption, but now you have to delete the whole post and add everything again).

Alternatives Considered: HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Choosing Brandwatch: Sprout made engaging very difficult. The listening tool on Falcon is a BIG bonus. Another thing that Falcon offered that Sprout didn't was the approval option which makes it possible to do content planning directly on the platform.

Switched From: Sprout Social

Reasons for Switching to Brandwatch: - Listening

Sabina
Senior Social Media Executive in UK
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Falcon review

Comments: User friendly, amazing support team and account managers!

Pros:

For us the scheduling tool is most useful. Falcon is very user-friendly. Once implemented we we're able to roll it out to stakeholders with ease.

Cons:

When we first started using Falcon we felt that we couldn't use it to the fullest due to API restrictions. Since raising our issues with Falcon their development team have now almost resolved all of the issues. I do feel that the listening tool could be better. We run yearly influencer rankings and need to pull historical data but Falcon only allows you to pull 30 days of historical data when setting up a new listening stream.

Alternatives Considered: Sprout Social

Reasons for Choosing Brandwatch: Needed more features for our social media intelligence tool.

Switched From: Hootsuite

Reasons for Switching to Brandwatch: It was recommended.

Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Take the time to explore

Comments: I am very impressed, I wasn't very famliar with it when I started using it but I'm starting to see the power of it. The learning curve, like I said, is a big one but there is a lot of help and resources available to navigate you thru it. I wish I started with the tutorials, like my CRM suggested but I hoped it would be fairly plug and play so that's my bad.

Pros:

The best thing for me is their customer support. Falcon is a very robust software and it takes time to learn it. Having a person available at all times to answer your questions is a very powerful feature and one I've taken advantage of multiple times. They are always available, even if it is to help you locate a specific thing in your dashboard.

Cons:

Probably the mobile apps. Since the software is so robust, there are a bunch of different apps that you need to perform all the different tasks. I think this is useful if you have a big team but our team is small, even thou our client is big and having so many different apps makes it quite annoying when trying to manage.

Janina
Social Media Specialist in Germany
Wholesale, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Efficient social media management tool

Pros:

We regulalrly use the content pool and calendar functionalities within the publish area. This has helped us a lot in collaborating with different countries in our company when it comes to sharing content and ideas.

Cons:

We are current waiting for some improvements in the "measure" area. There are currently some features missing like exporting metrics/Dashboards and also some data for particular channels.

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Marketing Cloud, facelift and Hootsuite

Reasons for Choosing Brandwatch: We were looking for a solution that better helps us with international collaboration

Switched From: Salesforce Marketing Cloud, facelift, Meltwater and Hootsuite

Reasons for Switching to Brandwatch: We have received best overall combination in terms of functionality, service and price.

Rob
Rob
Marketing in US
Market Research, 11–50 Employees

Falcon.io Review

Comments: Very good experience. It helped to get our social media scheduled and publish on time, without having trouble forgetting any important posts.

Pros:

Great program to publish and schedule your social media content - especially if you have a lot of content to publish.

Cons:

It is very similar to other programs- but somewhat more expensive.

Saffron
Saffron
Analyst in UK

Great but Pricy

Comments: I loved Brandwatch as a tool. I wish we ultimately chose it

Pros:

The query writing is made super easy with their NLP assistance. Tools abs widgets are super informative. Dashboards are fully customisable. A pleasure to use.

Cons:

The only negative is the price. If the company cannot afford then whilst it is a fantastic tool for the user it’s hard to sell to those who think of the bottom line

Alternatives Considered: Radarly and Sprinklr

Reasons for Switching to Brandwatch: We ended up going wi to radarly as it was very cost efficient

Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Good software, but limited on IG

Comments: I use Falcon to schedule social media posts for multiple clients.

Pros:

I like that I can post to all social platforms from one location, and I can tag and track specific campaigns.

Cons:

Still doesn't have functionality to post multiple images or videos to IG and they have not updated their emojis so newer emojis show up as question mark boxes.

Adrian
CRM Manager in US
E-Learning, 501–1,000 Employees

Overall, the best choice for your social network monitoring

Comments: If you have to keep numerous channels in check, then Falcon is exactly what you need. The solution allows you to keep everything in order. It gives your team a comprehensive insight into your clients’ activities. We think it is one of the must-have programs.

Pros:

With the help of Falcon Social, it has never been a problem to control all the company’s social media channels. We believe that the ability to create applications in the program is one of the best features of the Falcon platform. Besides, what we like about the program is its measure function. With its help, we do not face any serious problems and difficulties when creating and analyzing our reports. It is an all-in-one-place solution. Falcon gives us a great number of abilities to work on the content of our company, as well as provide our best practices through various media channels. Besides, the program allows making engagement with clients easier and more natural. All the things considered, it was definitely a worthy investment for our company.

Cons:

Even though we did not have an urgent necessity to contact the Falcon support team, we believe it is a drawback not to have a phone hotline. Well, in some cases, it is a must for a customer to solve the problem occurring within the Falcon platform in the shortest time possible. In addition, it would be better for the service to have a more advanced ability for signing up for newsletters. We wish there was a feature of getting the necessary data and information into our company’s database.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Life is better with Falcon

Comments: Falcon helped us massively streamline our approvals process, gives us a place to quickly and easily share graphics of channel and audience insights, and has overall created efficiencies for social media management.

Pros:

An instinctive and smooth scheduling and approval process was one of the main reasons we first considered Falcon and we then found an array of extra features that helped convince us this was a good move: an on-boarding process, an account manager, analytics that are better than native stats, listening tools, and moderation. Having all of this in one place is a timesaver. In addition to the ongoing development of the tools, such as expanding Instagram and Linked In capabilities, Falcon is a real improvement to daily social media management compared to where we were.

Cons:

We're still using native tools for ads, especially Facebook but can see this changing in time.

nina
marketing assistant in Germany
Music, 501–1,000 Employees

it often does not work

Comments: basically the idea behind falcon is a good one, all the functions make sense and give you the possibility to run marketing campaigns more easily, especially if you have multiple channels!
the problem with the whole thing is that falcon does not run smoothly. super often i have to spend hours!!!! to upload a video or image in the "create a post". sometimes it takes hours to load and then tells me that it doesn't work!
i also often get error codes when posting, e.g. that something did not work and the post could not be planned - but when i go to the calendar the post is there. vice versa it is also the case that i often get gesgat it's all okay the mail was scheduled - and i receive an email from falcon that the mail could not be posted. this makes the work with falcon super unreliable and i have no good feeling to rely only on this software

Pros:

good idea many possibilities option to operate many channels simultaneously easy way to share accounts within a company the use of different platforms (FB, Instagram, etc.) the possibility to interact with the users (to react to posts, to link comments,..)

Cons:

very poor reliability !!! page sometimes (very often) uploads the media very slowly or not at all left integration difficult communication with users is difficult - you cannot post or comment on GIF's or images/videos, and instagram does not allow you to interact at all

Gabriella
Marketing & PR Manager in Switzerland
Hospitality

Very recommended social media management tool

Pros:

Falcon Social has helped us to keep all the different social media channels in check. We are also using the BUILD tab a lot since it makes creating apps - such as Sweepstakes or Picture contests - a breeze. The MEASURE function lets you analyse and create reports for a miriad of topics such as page likes/unlikes, page views, total reach, engagement, all the way to your page fans by gender and age and much more. Falcon let's you also use UTM strings for campaigns so you can trace them easily with Google Analytics which is another huge plus for us. There are several different user rights, e.g. Moderator, Editor or Admin. This can be essential if you work with apprentices like we do. This way they can create Posts independently which are then automatically sent for approval to a user with corresponding rights. Another huge plus: If you ever have any questions which are not answered by their comprehensive support page called Knowledgebase, you can just start a chat session with the support staff. We have had quite a few chats in the past and the supporters are always helpful, fast and very friendly.

Cons:

There is no telephone hotline. However their chat function works well and you get fast responses. I wish their 'Newsletter sign up' app came with a double opt in function or even the possibility to get the collected data into our database instead of a simple .csv file. Among the many channels you can add (Facebook, Google+, Twitter etc.) there is only one missing: Pinterest.

Faith
Office Administrator in US
Renewables & Environment, 11–50 Employees

The Perfect Solution For Brand Management

Pros:

I like the brand management features It makes social media monitoring and management easy It comes with some analytics capabilities

Cons:

Brandwatch has handled our needs as required and no issues

Nick
Community Engagement Manager in US
Music, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Nick's Falcon Review

Comments: B+
I've always found it very helpful and useful in my role of community engagement.
I've since branched it out to other team members, who are using it for publishing and brand strategy.

Pros:

Organization, ease of use, customer support

Cons:

limited reporting features for Instagram, limited scrape of YouTube comments

Alternatives Considered: Sprout Social

Reasons for Switching to Brandwatch: Cost

Adrian
Chief Technology Officer in US

Lacking Customer Support and Missing Key Functionality

Comments: The salesman was of course promising the world, but after the contract was signed nobody gave a crap about the customer.

Pros:

I liked the dashboard for reporting, however I found it challenging to share the report outside the organization.

Cons:

No tagged products functionality for IG or FB. Weak onboarding and CS.

Brandwatch Response

4 years ago

Hi Adrian, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review! I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your onboarding experience. Our team at Falcon prides ourselves on our commitment to customer service, and we want to make sure you're getting full value from our platform. With that in mind, please reach out to me or to your CSM if you would like to schedule further trainings! I would be more than happy to help with this. Best, Kathleen from Falcon

sanu
Scientists in India
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

it is a social media monitoring and analytics platform.

Comments: it is a powerful tool for businesses looking to monitor and analyze social media conversations. Its comprehensive coverage, advanced analytics, customizable dashboards, AI-powered insights, and strong data privacy and security make it a valuable platform for businesses of all sizes looking to improve their social media performance and better understand their customers.

Pros:

Brandwatch monitors millions of sources across the internet, including social media platforms, news sites, forums, and blogs. This provides businesses with comprehensive coverage of online conversations about their brand and industry.Brandwatch allows businesses to monitor social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for mentions of their brand or related topics. This can help businesses to gain insights into customer sentiment, identify emerging trends, and monitor their brand reputation.

Cons:

Brandwatch can be quite expensive, especially for small businesses. The platform's pricing is based on the volume of data being monitored and the number of users, which can make it cost-prohibitive for some businesses.Brandwatch can be complex and overwhelming for new users. The platform offers a wide range of features and capabilities, which can take some time to learn and master.

Amy
CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE OFFICER in UK
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201–500 Employees

Helps us do our best

Pros:

Falcon has helped us streamline our content publishing, and measure our effectiveness like never before. Prior to falcon we had to work with free scheduling tools that didn't do all we needed, and content was held in spreadsheets. Now we can plan, implement and measure our social offering all on one platform!

Cons:

Whilst there are great tools to implement with a CRM system or social media to create profiles, there is not an available API for our CRM system. Measures and reports can be improved, but they are working on this all the time!

Bodounrin Joël
Graphiste in Benin
Design, 2–10 Employees

Très bon

Comments: It is a good software for collecting, tracking and analysing social data at our company level. We recommend you, it is a trusted software that makes the best software for companies.

Pros:

The ability to collect the corresponding information on the social web, allows us to track products on the market, the trends we face, competitors and the online management of our customers.

Cons:

Everything is good and perfect but just what is not yet good is the limitation of sample sizes, the long duration of the analysis of the results.

Ashley
Digital Marketing Manager in US
Public Safety, 10,000+ Employees

Needs More Features to be Useful

Comments: It's an intuitive platform, that unfortunately, lacks key features that would genuinely make it valuable to use. The customer service chat is great, but sadly the response I usually get to inquiries is that "Falcon cannot do that at this time." Being able to filter by the user who posted is also a key benefit that is needed here.

Pros:

Falcon is easy to use and helps manage the posting on several different channels with a large pool of users across the world.

Cons:

Falcon is missing key features that are offered natively on social platforms, such as carousel posts on Instagram, or Video Link Ads on Facebook. If new options are added to social platforms, Falcon needs to dedicate every resource to adding these options to their system as soon as possible. A few months of development is understandable, but anything beyond that is unacceptable and makes using the platform a waste of time.

Daniela
Social Media Manager in Germany
Consumer Goods, 51–200 Employees

Good tool with many features

Comments: It's a good tool but it could definitely be improved.

Pros:

The best thing about Falcon is how easy it is to schedule content.

Cons:

It is very complex to use and requires a lot of time to really understand all its features. I think it can be a very good resource for market research and understanding your own community better, but it often fails to deliver on daily tools (like not being able to directly post carousels or videos properly), or setting up reports that include an engagement rate for the account or post. Many things still have to be done manually or using other platforms. The community management tool is pretty useless.

Caroline
Caroline
US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

A Porsche for your social media team

Comments: What I like about Falcon is that it is well-rounded: there's a tab for listening, a very user-friendly scheduling tool for posting across channels, it implements campaign tracking, there are easy permission features. I'm looking forward to integrating Salesforce into the platform, so we have a solid idea of everyone we're interacting with across social media. Also, they have a very personable, fast customer support team.

Pros:

Beautiful design, ease of use, fantastic listening tool, 1:1 customer support. The tool was a tremendous help to unify the various social media accounts, passwords, and people across our org.

Cons:

Falcon is not as in-depth on social media analytics. I have to 'go native' to get half the metrics needed.

Kenichiro
Project Manager in Japan
Automotive, 10,000+ Employees

End to end solution!

Comments: Great but need to become a more sophisticated user to utilize the full power that this platform offers.

Pros:

Create contents, manage the contents distribution calendar, review the performance, monitoring tthe sentiment and inquiries, able to explain our efforts on ROI! What do you need more?

Cons:

Nothing typically. When introducing this platform, the customer service conducted a comprehensive training and responded very well to inquiries. What can you ask more?

Katy
Katy
Social Media Marketing Manager in US
Online Media, 2–10 Employees

Great all-around option!

Pros:

Ability to schedule posts ahead of time; copy posts from one platform to another. Our team has a dedicated representative.

Cons:

The mobile app is pretty useless. Sometimes customer service takes a while to get back to you.