15 years helping British businesses

About HQ Rental Software

Welcome to HQ, the online headquarters for your rental business. We are dedicated to steering your business to new heights!

Learn more about HQ Rental Software

Pros:

Complete software and the best Costumer service ever.

Cons:

Actually there is nothing yet that i don't like at all.

HQ Rental Software ratings

4.6
4.9
4.8
4.9

9.3/10

HQ Rental Software has an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars based on 257 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used HQ Rental Software before?

Ercylio
Ercylio
Director of Operations in UK
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Excellent Software for the Vehicle Rentals

Comments: With the business problems we had, we were looking for a solution that would allow us to manage internal and external fleet use. The Support team at HQ is outstanding and they really are "solution Mode" Folks.

Pros:

- Ease of rate setup - Ease to embed on website template - good pricing structure -flexible workflow

Cons:

- poor on Parking fines management. - Poor on Checkout and Checking procedures.

Alternatives Considered: Wheels Car Rental

Reasons for Choosing HQ Rental Software: very rigid software,

Reasons for Switching to HQ Rental Software: completely adaptable to our needs

Cynthia
Social media and administrative in Mexico

Best first option

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: From the moment Renato explained the functions of the system to me, I fell in love with the system, it covers all the needs of our company. I want to mention that I began the search for a rental system recently because previously there was no control, hq rental and [sensitive content hidden] who helped me set everything up they have been a great help, I can't wait to start receiving my first reservations with this new system!

Pros:

In addition to all its functions, which have been very useful for the company I work for, such as booking control, calendar, adding users, personalized emails, etc. The service they have offered me since day 1 has been excellent, Renato was very kind, he explained everything to me in a very simple but very complete way and on the other hand [sensitive content hidden], who has advised me these last few weeks, has been super patient, he answers me all my questions and any request I make he helps me, he is very kind.

Cons:

So far everything has been excellent....

Jonathan
OWNER in US

NO SUPPORT

Comments: OVERALL IT HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE USING THIS SOFTWARE, I WOULDNT RECOMMEND IT EVEN IT WAS FREE.

Pros:

ONLY THING I LIKED WAS THE TOLL INTEGRATION, BUT THERE'S OTHER COMPANIES THAT CAN PROVIDE THE SAME FEATURE.

Cons:

THE SOFTWARE IS EXTREMELY COMPLICATED AND NOT USER FRIENDLY. TO TOP IT OFF THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS BY FAR THE WORST I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED IN ANY BUSINESS. YOURE LUCKY IF THEY PICK UP THE PHONE. BUT LETS SAY THEY ACTUALLY PICK UP THE PHONE, DONT EXPECT TO GET ANY TYPE OF SUPPORT, THEYLL JUST ASK YOU TO SUBMIT A TICKET EVERY SINGLE TIME AND SOMEONE WILL GET BACK TO YOU HOURS IF NOT DAYS LATER. WHEN IT COMES TO THE SOFTWARE FROM A CUSTOMERS POINT OF VIEW, GOOD LUCK BECAUSE IT IS NOT USER FRIENDLY FOR THEM AS WELL. THE COMPANY HAS POTENTIAL BUT WHOEVER IS RUNNING IT NEEDS TO DO A BETTER JOB STRUCTURING AND LISTENING TO THEIR CUSTOMERS,

Harpreet
Founder in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2–10 Employees

Great Rental Software Product for New Rental Companies!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: The customer success team worked really hard to ensure that we where able to get up and running within days vs weeks since I was looking to go live asap! Huge shoutout to [sensitive content hidden] for his diligence and great knowledge of the product that got us up and running so quickly!

Pros:

Implantation was extremely easy. Pricing is on par for product. quick response times from the team!

Cons:

I haven't run into one so far! The team has always made themselves available to address any question and resolved all tickets and changes requested within 48 hours! I have been completely impressed!

Alternatives Considered: RENTALL

Reasons for Switching to HQ Rental Software: The Customer Service has been exceptional from the start and they are consistent with support and service even after the product is sold which I cant say for other companies who want you to pay upfront but cant answer 50% of your questions.

Thomas
Managing Member in US

Great Rental Vehicle Software

5.0 last month New

Comments: Great over all experience with HQ and their personnel

Pros:

Very easy to use with much flexibility. Great follow up installation help from HQ.

Cons:

Nothing that we did not like about the product

Nyasha
MD in UK

Great Car rental software

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It was nerve wrecking to begin with but we were put at ease by our point person at HQ Software called [sensitive content hidden]

Pros:

Ease of use. The staff. Greatly priced. Any queries are responded to promptly by the technical team.

Cons:

So far there has been noth that we did not like

Alternatives Considered: RENTALL and Coastr

Reasons for Switching to HQ Rental Software: It was more user friendly, great pricing, great interface and the staff we dealt with are just great. One called [sensitive content hidden] and another gentleman called [sensitive content hidden] They were very patient too demonstrating teaching the different sections ti we fully understood.

Selvin
Operations Manager in Antigua & Barbuda

Raine’s Car Rental Review - HQ Agent was [sensitive content hidden]

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Our overall experience was nothing short of amazing. [sensitive content hidden] provided the best customer service ever. He was truly helpful and made sure we were happy with the product. He went above and beyond of what was required of him. The onboarding was flawless and we were up and running in a matter of days. 10 out of 10 for HQ

Pros:

We mostly liked the fact we can send customers the rental agreement have them sign long before they arrive.

Cons:

I doesn’t have an option to cache or export the entire back office to mitigate possible HQ crashes

Alternatives Considered: RentWorks and Rent Centric

Reasons for Switching to HQ Rental Software: Overall HQ seems to best suits our needs. It literally checked all the boxes for what we wanted plus more.

Will
Managing Partner in US
Automotive, 2–10 Employees

Transition has been easy.

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Integration has been seamless and less time consuming than I thought it would be.

Cons:

Nothing concerning, the more I use the program the easier it becomes.

Stewart
CEO in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, Self Employed

HQ review

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: The tool that gives you the opportunity to expand your business.

Pros:

The aspect that I most like of HQ software is that I have the opportunity to rent outside platforms such as Turo or Getaround. In this case I have to opportunity to manage the fleet and have everything organized. Also I appreciate the excellent costumer service and the guidance through the software. [sensitive content hidden] is a person that guided me through all the Software, he solved all my questions and thanks to him now I understand how the software works and the different tools that I can use to improve the results in my company.

Cons:

There is not a dislike, 8 months ago I saw HQ in Google and I apply to try the trial, at that moment I had two cars and when I entered to the Software I saw so many bottoms and functionalities that I got overwhelm. In this case, thank to [sensitive content hidden] that I have more ability to understand and use the software.

Nina
Head of Marketing in Spain
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

Intuitive, effective and fairly priced

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

The interface is intuitive. One major advantage is that you can get up and running pretty fast as long as your website integration works. I am impressed with the level of detail that can be added. We have received excellent support from [sensitive content hidden] (Customer Success). If you have a small or medium-sized car rental I think you'll find that HQ Rental is everything you need.

Cons:

There are some limitations to the level of customization front-end-wise. However, the team is good at finding workarounds and it still beats having to develop your own software.

Carlos
Corporate Development in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2–10 Employees

Most user-friendly and powerful product with great customer support

Comments: I'm a consultant for the car rental industry. I only recommend HQ to my clients. My experience has been almost perfect with HQ.

Pros:

The team behind HQ Rental Software are always on top of every detail. They take you by the hand throughout the implementation process. Their solution is the most user-friendly I've seen in the industry, plus it's powerful enough for large deployments. Once the software is up and running they are available to help you in real time with questions, concerns, special requests and modifications, integrations, and overall anything you might need and they could help with.

Cons:

Creating a rental agreement can be challenging. Still, the HQ team will implement a rental agreement without extra cost so you don't have to deal with coding.

Alternatives Considered: TSD RENTAL and Rent Centric

Reasons for Choosing HQ Rental Software: HQ is visually nicer and friendlier.

Switched From: Rent Centric

Reasons for Switching to HQ Rental Software: HQ has the best support and the friendlier product among all options I considered.

Pedro
President & CEO in US

Exploring New Horizons

Comments: Overall experience is great. I believe the opportunity to have someone always willing to help and available to work with my and be able to answer any questions. I really appreciate having [sensitive content hidden] working with me to train me and to be available to explain each feature available. I think is the best experience, I work with a lot of other companies and they do not have that excellent interaction with their partners. Once I buy the product they just tend to forget and move on. When you ask a question to other companies they look at you as I am a stranger. HQ Rental Software, and Benjamin Carril had made an outstanding experience for my company.

Pros:

First, it was the connection with the sales manager. Then, i received the training and still the attention to answer all my questions. [sensitive content hidden] stays on top of the training and he is very helpful, and always replies to my emails and also he is on top of our meetings to review any questions and to continue to help me to use all the tools that i have available so my business is success. The software is very friendly user. One of the things that my customer's like is the steps when booking their vehicle. From step 1 to Step 7 when picking up their vehicle. The email they receive once booked. Also, the different language available to provide better understanding when booking,.

Cons:

I think when integrating additional insurance and the rental charge. Two different transactions, and the confusion that creates when customer gets charged, and also the money not being sent to the correct account.

Alternatives Considered: RENTALL , Twice Commerce and AllRide Apps

Reasons for Switching to HQ Rental Software: Price was very good. [sensitive content hidden] never gave up on my company. He continue to call me and to try to answer any questions or concerns about the product. He also explained that my company will receive the training and that my company will have someone that will always be available to work with.

Fay
Manager in US

MY REVIEW OF HQ

Comments: Without [sensitive content hidden]; I would be miserable. [sensitive content hidden] is the best! She most definatley is so patient and answers whatever questions I have; the things that I think i cannot do; she always finds a way!! She always has the biggest smile on her face and a "can do" attitude; thats hard to find now a days! 10/10 bravo [sensitive content hidden]! YOU GO GIRL <3 As far as the HQ, its been getting easier to manage and use. Every time I call support I usually get [sensitive content hidden]! [sensitive content hidden] is very helpful too!

Pros:

Our rep is amazing. Hq rental software has many features that are helpful and useful for our day to day use. The dashboard is excellent; it shows you highlights of what needs attention everyday.

Cons:

Invoice configurations are wack. It doesnt work very well.

Adquena
Owner in US
Automotive, 2–10 Employees

The Best Solution Out for Businesses Like Mine! Car Rentals!

Comments: Overall the experience with the HQ Rental Software Team has surpassed my expectations. They helped me every single step of the way, even when I was totally frustrated with my website integration process. They expressed patience with me and compassion for my situation. I felt seen and cared about as a customer. They are the pillar of excellent customer service. [sensitive content hidden] were the best!! Thanks guys!

Pros:

Sooooo many cool features. Too many to name here. I'm STILL discovering more! I love the ability to make reservations outside of the normal website. This helps me make reservations in person. I love the ability to add car maintenance and schedules. I like that there are payment integration options and email automations. This is definitely more than I even could've imagined. VERY user friendly and the help along the way is wonderful! My business has been much more profitable with this software!!!

Cons:

It's hard to say what I like least. I suppose I will say the fact that I had to do my own integration for my website since it wasn't one they were able to do for me. However, they still offered step by step assistance with adding the snippets of code to my site. I did it myself, but it was pretty straight forward. I'm no engineer or developer and it was easy enough for me to understand.

Alternatives Considered: Juniper Booking Engine , Odoo and Cangooroo Booking Engine

Reasons for Switching to HQ Rental Software: HQ Rental Software is the only company that I found that allows booking engine integration into my website at a reasonable price for a small business.

Wenly
Owners in US
Automotive, Self Employed

My Success Manager is better than yours!

Comments: I love the system so far I am in the end of set up process.

Pros:

Setting up process is pretty self-explanatory and easy to understand. Everything is in one place.

Cons:

the threshold for tiers. first tier 1-10 vehicles. I feel a little low more 1-15.

Alternatives Considered: Thryv

Reasons for Choosing HQ Rental Software: This product fits my needs perfectly and much easier to understand and set up.

Switched From: Thryv Command Center and Thryv

Reasons for Switching to HQ Rental Software: Free Trial played a major role. I love the set up and scenarios.

Lisa
Director in New Zealand
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2–10 Employees

Great system and excellent staff

Comments: Excellent. Nothing was ever an issue and Jona managed to set the system up exactly to our requirements.

Pros:

Nothing was an issue for Jona who helped us configure the system exactly how we needed.

Cons:

It took a bit of time for us to have it perfect for our requirements, around 2.5months but this wasn't helped by my unavailability for meetings.

Alternatives Considered: RENTALL and TSD RENTAL

Reasons for Switching to HQ Rental Software: Value for money. I had used and trialed the other systems and they were much the same.

Cristian
Owner in US

Great Customer Service

Comments: The customer service until now was great. We still learning how to navigate and getting to know all the functions in the system.

Pros:

The help from [sensitive content hidden] during our onboarding was excellent! He was always ready to answer our questions with patience and kindness.

Cons:

We still learning how to navigate in the system.

Alternatives Considered: Rently

Reasons for Switching to HQ Rental Software: We did not have the support we were expecting from them.

Augusto
Manager in Spain
Automotive, 11–50 Employees

Comments: I was searching on the web during months, comparing all the solutions indicated here in Capterra related to rent a car on cloud solutions. I choosed 3 of them, and after some conversations, negotiations and comparisions, we decided finally for HQ Rental Software. I must say that we are happy to take such decission. We use this on the cloud software for our rent a car company, and we are growing thanks, among other reasons, thanks to this solution.

Pros:

There are a lot of things that like to us. First, is a solution tailored for rent a car niche, and really fits all our needs and more. The help desk team is great, ALWAYS answer to our requests and ALWAYS there is a solution for our needs, and in our native language, spanish. There is a great iphone app that we use for our daily job and is highly customizable. In only 1 week the solution was really adapted to our needs!. Is stable, reliable and the price is fair.

Cons:

There are not major problems at all. Of course all can be improved, like the iphone app with more features, but until today fits our needs.

Jennifer
Owner in Canada

Review of HQ by a Campervan Rental Company

Comments: Quoting, booking, pickup and return paperwork, customer emails etc

Pros:

Ease of use and integration with our existing website and processes. It has successfully taken over the work of one administrative employee and made our pricing and booking info that much more accessible to our customers.

Cons:

Some of the naming/setup of the options/paperwork can be not as straight forward as one would think - however thanks to customer service we have been able to get the most out of the product.

Alternatives Considered: Checkfront

Reasons for Choosing HQ Rental Software: Were looking for a better solution that was more price and user friendly, and straight forward to integrate with our website quoting and booking process.

Reasons for Switching to HQ Rental Software: Better fit for our business needs

Sebastian
MANAGER in Spain

Onboarding with [sensitive content hidden]

Pros:

What I liked most about HQ Rental Software was the highly successful onboarding experience. [sensitive content hidden], in particular, was exceptionally attentive and provided me with personalized support throughout the entire process. The level of personalized attention made the onboarding not only smooth but also enjoyable. It's evident that the team at HQ Rental Software is committed to ensuring a positive and tailored experience for their users, and [sensitive content hidden] dedication further enhanced my overall impression of the software and the company.

Cons:

Although my overall experience with HQ Rental Software was positive, if I had to point out a minor aspect that could be improved, it would be that it does not have the option for website creation. While this didn't significantly impact my overall satisfaction, incorporating this feature could further enhance the user experience. However, it's important to note that this is a constructive suggestion rather than a major concern, and I appreciate the team's ongoing efforts to continually improve their software.

Bianca
Reservations & Logistics in Namibia
Automotive, 2–10 Employees

Our person [sensitive content hidden] & HQ process - Tops!

Comments: Going digital. Less paperwork. Keeping track of our inventory and streaming the process. Our current system was very time consuming as we worked off excel sheets etc. Overall experience has really been excellent from first day of contact, everything went seamless, and you are all very well organized as well. [sensitive content hidden] is very attentive, easy to have meetings and conversations with as well. Super friendly and patient.

Pros:

We have not had a chance to properly make use of the product at this stage as we are still busy with the setup process. We love all the features offered and are sure this will make our booking, vehicle handover and collection, payment etc. etc. super easy going forward.

Cons:

The setup process was the least favourite part, as it takes a lot of time and effort, but it will be worth it... But the fact that you are very well organized with your excel sheets etc. did make this easy.

Erwin
Director in Curaçao
Automotive, 2–10 Employees

HQ is the real deal! The system is extremely flexible and the HQ support staff is amazing!

Comments: HQ has automated and standardized so many of our daily tasks. As the company owner it is now much easier for me to delegate tasks to our employees. And with the management dashboards I can monitor how the business is doing.

Pros:

We offer short term and long term car rentals so a lot of the software solutions that we were comparing did not include all the features that we needed. With HQ we can easily manage both. One of the most important features for long term rentals are the payment schedules. Now that we have this up and running it's going to save us so much time and headaches down the road. We also really like the fact that our customers can sign for the Rental Agreement on a tablet device and then we send a copy by email, so we've stopped printing!

Cons:

The number of settings was a little overwhelming at first but once you get the hang of it and the system is configured you understand how much power there is in the settings.

viviane
partner in Brazil
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

A fantastic tool and a reliable partner

Comments: We started to operate with paper contracts and this was generating many errors in operations, and we had to have a separate fleet management on excell...
now With HQ rental all our business is becoming digital, all informations are integrated, informations more reliable and always available; our management is more consistent. Our team is proud to use more technology on the daily basis and accepted very well the change. We also count a lot on the system for our next step: on line sales and OTA integration.

Pros:

Customizations possibilities are amazing, the databases are very well thought and constructed, showing a deep understanding of all the specificities of the the rental business. it's also really user friendly, intuitive, great to use, with good responsivity on all our devices. The support team is amazing, very professional, always available and acurate. Time response is very short and friendly!

Cons:

A lot of translation work to pass to portuguese, and so many possible settings that it get sometimes confusing ...but the support team is always available acurate and fast to answer and solve

Sendrick
Manager in US

HQ Rental Software - The Answer to my Reservation Needs

Comments: Before HQ Rental Software we managed all our reservations by email and a desk calendar. It was difficult to manage because we could not add or remove reservations unless someone was in the office by the calendar, and if it got damaged, we would have a lot of problems because all of our reservations would be lost. Since we started using HQ Rental Software our reservations can be managed from anywhere, and at any time. So far it has been great using the system. Now we have greater control over the reservation process, because we are able to see the status of each vehicle in the fleet, and make better decisions about assigning, and maintaining vehicles.

Pros:

I love how the system is able to keep track of a reservation from start to finish. Once the information about a reservation is entered, all the calculations are automatically done. At the beginning of each day, we can see the vehicles to be rented, those to be returned on that day, and those that are still on rent.

Cons:

At the beginning the system may seem a bit intimidating because there is a lot to learn. A lot of time is required to fully understand the functionalities, but in the end, it is well worth the effort.

Stephfon
President in US
Automotive, Self Employed

Goldmine Enterprise Premium Car Rentals

Comments: The overall experience has been a 7 out of 10

Pros:

The payment process was the most successful

Cons:

That it's not an automated system and you must do everything manually