15 years helping British businesses

United Kingdom Local product

Sage 100 Reviews

4.1 (318) Write a Review! United Kingdom Local product

About Sage 100

Sage 100 is an ERP platform for growing and medium-sized sales and manufacturing companies.

Learn more about Sage 100

Pros:

Cons:

You'll notice lag in the system regardless of the hardware resources assigned to it.

Sage 100 ratings

3.8
3.7
3.9
3.8

7.2/10

Sage 100 has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars based on 318 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Sage 100 before?

Hillary
Hillary
Sales Assistant in Romania
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Sage 100 is an Intuitive Accounting and Financial Management Tool.

Comments: Sage 100 compliance management functions are impressive and its and effective project cost management platform with nice budgeting capability.

Pros:

Through Sage 100 tools is very effective to track project expenses and create clean and accurate financial data reports. The tool also allows easy project financial management and its billing and invoicing capabilities are excellent.

Cons:

Easy Accounting tool and nothing for me to dislike or underline as a usability issue. Very functional and powerful.

Blake
Blake
Ecommerce & Consumer Products Manager in US
Mining & Metals, 11–50 Employees

Huge improvements over earlier Sage products

Comments: We've been able to greatly improve how our manufacturing processes across various locations are reflected in our budgets and accounting practices. It's saved us thousands of hours per year in terms of extracting the data, manipulating it, and putting it back into Sage for final reporting. You can now do that within Sage 100.

Pros:

Our organization moved from Sage 50 to Sage 100 and wow, what a difference! We thought Sage was the issue, but really the business had just outgrown the more base version of the software. Sage 100 can fully handle complex costing and processes present in a modern day manufacturing business. It can collect data at various nodes in the process and roll them up for budgeting and forecasting.

Cons:

We use a lot of agile software platforms on our sales and ecommerce side of the business, and Sage 100's API catalog doesn't really keep up with what's needed to move quickly in 2020.

Hailey
admin assistant in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Perfect software for any business

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

I think the thing I like most is that fact that everything pertaining to the specific job is kept all together and easily accessible.

Cons:

When using job cost, only one person can access at a time unless we purchase another license, but its not a huge deal.

Renee
Senior Accountant and Head of Office Administration in
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11–50 Employees

Fortunately this version has been upgraded

Comments: I work in the manufacturing industry, specifically a foundry in Chicago.
Several factors bias my experience with MAS90/Sage 100. I was introduced to the software with no training or reference guide because the woman before me left suddenly and without any documentation. In a certain perspective that speaks well of this product in that simply by internet research and experimentation, as well as a few call to our highly paid "Sage" support line, I have been able to work with the system adequately.
I would love to upgrade to a new version of this Sage product and imagine that it is very likely a much cleaner and straight forward operating system
For instance, the difference between reversing a check and simply reversing the G/L transaction are two different procedures and a third procedure to void a check that has never been issued is a different procedure entirely from voiding a check that you have placed a stop payment on. In a sense, these five distinctions would be ideal for a precise audit trail if the procedures themselves were not extremely complex and vague to distinguish.
The General Leger reports are clear and are in themselves user friendly in offering the opportunity to easily make accrued and adjusting entries.
I would certainly encourage anyone to investigate the newer versions of Sage in consideration of their industry specific needs.
We have not created a direct interface between our receivables data base "Exact" directly into MAS 90 due to the particular need to maintain specific Alloy/Customer information and our small company simply lacks the time and technical understanding to do so.
Again my situation is severely biased due to my particular circumstances and I believe a newer version of Sage may very likely be an excellent ERP.

Pros:

If I can figure out a highly antiquated version of their product without internal direction and assistance, I suspect the newer versions of Sage can only be fat superior.

Cons:

A complete mire of ambiguity when it comes to the Accounts Payable component in this ancient version by Sage:MAS 90

Krystle
Revenue Cycle Accountant in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

The All In One Accounting App

Pros:

I do a lot of financial reporting and I find that the reporting options are excellent. I’m able to create reports quickly and easily for all accounting needs.

Cons:

It’s a small con but the overall look of the application could be better.

Stosh
owner in US
Sporting Goods, 2–10 Employees

To many steps to do simple daily process

Comments: Sage works, support companies and eide bailey sold it to us did not do there due diligence in my opinion selling us the software we needed that would handle what we do. Integration problems and being told to use a certain card processing that did not work without a bridge with fusion costing us more money and have had it out 4 times in the last week.

Pros:

The accounting portion is probably the most complete.

Cons:

To me there is several cons we have found after the purchase. My biggest complaint being the amount of time it takes to do simple process. Example: when we have price changes and adjustments to make, it can not be done from a central place. As a dealer that is retail and wholesale both, we have to change retail in one screen, wholesale on another, and finally cost in a completely different location. When you have 30k items this takes 4 times longer than other systems. My other major complaint is dealing with several different companies to get everything you need to support sage for daily operation. We have experienced finger pointing back and forth from the support companies of whose problem it is and nothing gets corrected for months. As I say we are over 2 years from our sign up and it has been a multitude of issues and we are still not complete. Delays on large orders put into fusion portion are a time killer.

Jim
CFO in US
Wholesale, 11–50 Employees

Sage 100 Review

Comments: We migrated from QuickBooks Enterprise to Sage 100 in 2015. We have had no regrets on this migration and believe we have much better control of our inventory which drives our financial results.

Pros:

Sage 100 has all of the features that our small business needs. We require inventory management with bills of materials and work orders. Sage does an excellent job handling this.

Cons:

It is not a case of dislike but more of under optimized. The general ledger system is not fully developed for drill down capability. All of the information is in a relational database but accessing inquiring type information is more cumbersome than it needs to be. We have written Crystal reports to accommodate this need.

Shawn
VP in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Sage 100 Love Hate Relationship

Comments: It has been a mixed bag. Having used since Mas 90 4.05. We are "comfortable withe the software and it does the job for us. Currnetly running Sage 100 2019. Upgraded from 2017 because we had to due to payroll module support. For a small business this is very expensive software and I often feel that we could do what we need with less expensive software. For what we pay annually to Sage and what we pay every 2 years to a Support company for basically mandatory upgrades, I am not sure we get our moneys worth. This will probably be the last upgrade we do for a Sage product. Will start looking for an alternative, more modern feeling cloud based solution with plans to rollover in 2022 unless something changes with our current platform.

Pros:

There are a lot of features that help us run our business

Cons:

Many of the features are inconsistent in the implementation. Lack of standardization in reports.

Danielle
Project Accountant in US

Not for us

Comments: This software is time consuming. You spend more time waiting for items to post, than inputting information.

Pros:

The set-up was very easy. The instructions giving was easy to follow. Customer service was very helpful with the questions that we had.

Cons:

This software is antiquated. To void a payment, you have to manually void the payment. To make adjustments to a invoice, requires you to research the invoice information such as: invoice #, amount, posting date, GL code and cost code, then manually make the adjustment. In the payroll module, once you post payroll all information is gone. You can not retrieve the information.

Rochel
Freelancer in US
Consumer Services, Self Employed

Business Accounting Software Tool

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I see that sage is very competitive with the features and easy to install

Pros:

Sage is way cheaper compared with competitors in the market.

Cons:

It has less user-friendly compared with quickbooks.

Kenneth
Vice President in US
Maritime, 11–50 Employees

Sage 100c 2017 - 2019 review

Comments: Company replaced Platinum for DOS which had been in place for 20+ years. So moving to Sage 100c and having the ability to drill down into the data is a great feature. Being able to email invoices/purchase orders have improved the productivity of employees (they no longer have to go look for hard copies).

Pros:

First off is the User Define Fields (UDF), if a field is not in the software or you have something unique that needs to be captured, as an end user you can add the field without custom programming or use of a VAR. The next feature would be Visual Integrator (Import/Export utility), this feature is great for either uploading data into Sage or exporting data for analysis. Memo Fields are great! Paperless Office is great along with the ability to email invoices, purchase orders, etc. Sage Intelligence is a love/hate relationship: Very easy to build reports, but the runtime for running reports takes a long time (i.e. most of my reports 1-2 minutes) versus the standard Sage financial reports of 10-15 seconds.

Cons:

The Extended Description for inventory items. For the life of me, not sure why Sage still uses the Extended Description in inventory. This makes it very difficult for data imports or exports. If your company does drop shipments then really understand how it works. On the inventory side you end up with a black hole. Moving invoices from one batch to another is limited utility due to no one can be in the batch, so we end up moving invoices after hours. When running the Period End process for a module locks users out, so this normally has to be done during none business hours. Sage is weak in the inventory physical count area (i.e. cycle counting).

Sharon
CFO in US
Publishing, 11–50 Employees

A FULLY INTEGRATED SOFTWARE SOLUTION

Comments: Using Sage 100C has provided more flexibility to the workforce and has increased productivity over the old VPN solution. With an increase in work from home scenarios, this has proven to be a helpful addition to our software solutions in conducting business.

Pros:

The program has many robust features with integrated billing, and having the ability to select batch or live processing allows us to be flexible with each department. The fact that you can modify areas of the software to support your own needs is a big positive in our book. Sage does a great job with reports and extracting data to excel. The fact that it fully integrates through GL makes it very easy to use within the entire organization.

Cons:

I would like to see larger fields to capture pertinent information. Additional user-defined fields that can be integrated with report design would be a nice addition. The ability to modify the canned reports and turn them into a custom report would really be helpful.

Trey
HR Manager in US

Good program

Pros:

There seems to be a module for just about everything we need to within out company, which is very nice. It was pretty easy to learn with just a little bit of practice, much of it is self explanatory to new users! I do believe that ease of use is a major pro for Sage 100. I'm pleased with amount of data/reports we can process and print out, the information we need is almost always at our finger tips.

Cons:

With multiple people using this throughout our organization, it'd be nice if two people could be in the same module at once. We're constantly going door to door trying to figure out who's in a certain module and when they'll be out of it. We reference a pay rate change report often, every time we click out of it, it asks if we want to purge all the files. Someone will accidentally click it someday- why would we want to do that? I also find myself getting a number of errors and the program shutting down on me. Often times if I shut my computer down and try again it'll work correctly when I open it back up.

RHONDA
COST ACCOUNTING/NETWORK ADMIN in US
Printing, 11–50 Employees

I don't have cloud just Sage 100

Comments: I don't have Sage 100 cloud?

Pros:

The support people were excellent to work with and made our transition in 2012 as easy as a new installation could ever get. I also like that all the areas are similar, so if you know Order Entry you can translate that knowledge to say Purchasing.

Cons:

When i go to create custom reports there are databases with the last three letters WRK. It would be great to have access to those databases; i realize they are a combination of existing databases but they have everything i usually need for a custom report. The bug in the current software update where you can't close the ship-to-address box in the right corner is annoying.

Environmental Services, 2–10 Employees

Many features, Poor execution

Comments: Many bells and whistles but too complicated for most users.

Pros:

The production management module helps us keep track of all inventoried products and our built product. It can be easy to use if you know what you are doing. Being able to have different dates used per module is useful when you are able to use them properly.

Cons:

There is a lot of background "stuff" that happens without you knowing. Also, unless you notice a discrepancy, the software will not tell you about it. We have had to rebuild the sort files in order to have the proper inventory show up. The software also gives errors often which requires you to redo the work you completed

Denyse
Business Analyst in US
Apparel & Fashion, 201–500 Employees

Moderately ok ERP

Comments: Having been administrators for multiple ERP systems, I found Sage 100cloud to be an entry-level ERP system with limited functionality for a company our size. It might have been ok when they first started with this ERP system, but the technology was too old compared to other systems and common sense functionality was not applied (for example, to change a bin location in inventory, a warehouse person would have to access the inventory maintenance screen whereby they could change costs or pricing or more; bin location changes should occur as a transaction record outside of the inventory maintenance screen).

Pros:

Sage100c was relatively intuitive to use.

Cons:

Data integrity was an issue. Our VAR was excellent but even when they couldn't assist and I had to contact Sage direct for assistance, even they struggled to resolve the data issue (in one case it had to do with correcting average costs on an item held in multiple warehouses).

Ross
Owner in US
Wholesale, 2–10 Employees

SAGE 100C - robust solution

Comments: Stable, well-built product with good interface and functionality. Good 3rd party customer support. Recent better pricing.

Pros:

Complete end to end ERP solution with robust modules scaled for massive implementations - now fairly priced for smaller companies without the loss of functionality.

Cons:

It is a full featured product that is clearly designed for large organizations with dozens of users. In a small company it is a bit burdensome as there are no quick transactions or shortcuts. The Crystal reporting suite is also full function - but it takes a true Crystal expert to easily create reports. There is no ability to quickly create an ad hoc report, and unless Crystal is your second language, it often takes too long to build a report for a single use.

Mary
Office Manager in US
Building Materials, 11–50 Employees

Easy to teach new employees

Comments: The payroll program works very well with our time clock program. The AP and AR modules are easy to navigate.

Pros:

Our program is very customized to our specific needs. We have several different price levels based on customer pricing and species pricing (for which type of lumber is used). It is very easy to teach new employees the proper procedures with this software.

Cons:

For some reason, the program shuts down on its own. I've been told it's "because the user is clicking too often, which then confuses the software so it shuts down."

Jim
Property Manager in
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Simple to use, yet an accurate accounting tool

Comments: We are a mid size property management company located on the Northshore of Massachusetts. Our condominium client list is a composition of business and residential complexes. The Sage product gives us the flexibility to manage the day to day account activity, along with the accountability and flexibility to oversee the billing aspects which occur as a result of the various service request we receive daily. Our staff consist of management professions, account and billing personnel. Everyone in our organization has exposure to the Sage product even our administrative staff, who are often required to utilize the Sage product to verify client billing and invoices. It is a simple yet effective accounting and administrative product that works well for a company of our size.

Pros:

Effective, yet simple to understand and utilize

Cons:

Doesn't have the fancy looking categories. It's just plain and simple

Victoria
Accounting Manager in US
Media Production, 11–50 Employees

Good, could be better

Comments: N/A

Pros:

Themes capability is cool. Should be more available.

Cons:

Job Cost lack of features. A/P not intuitive, e.g. voiding checks.

Brenda
Controller in US
Machinery, 51–200 Employees

Sage 100Cloud

Comments: Sage is a good product with an excellent support staff.

Pros:

The product walks you through most of the modules with ease. It allows me to give ownership to the departments that work their modules and monitor their progress. Thankful for Sage University, bundling the training so that individuals get a better feel of what their use of Sage effects within the whole organization.

Cons:

The number of redundant stops in updating. The lack of ability to reopen completed items like sales orders and work orders. The inability to utilize recurring invoicing through AR, as it does not have the capability of tying out the ship to address with sales tax.

Brett
IT Director in US
Wholesale, 51–200 Employees

10+ Years of Sage in a mid-size manufacturing / distro environment

Comments: Sage has worked well for us for almost 10 years however as the company grows we find that we are "outgrowing" Sage and it can't keep up with our workload.

Pros:

Sage is old and the core functionality is solid. It "just works" for most smaller companies

Cons:

Sage really isn't intended for large / complicated environments. Once you've gone above 50 simultaneous users and add third party integrations for taxing, credit cards, warehouse management, etc... you'll notice lag in the system regardless of the hardware resources assigned to it.

Nicole
Accounting Manager in Canada
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

LOVE Sage 50!

Pros:

- User Friendly - Easy To Use - Simple To Understand

Cons:

- N/A ..... I literally love everything!

Denise
Billing & Finance Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Why I like Sage

Pros:

I like how easy it is to get the information that I need when I need it. Reports are easy to read and understand. It is very easy to maneuver around.

Cons:

Before we upgraded to a newer version I liked the way my reports printed off. Some of the reports went to landscape and some stayed portrait. With it doing that some of my reports are more pages.

Kathy
Consultant in US
Accounting, Self Employed

Director of Finance

Comments: Master programmers and software support is available across the US. If you don't like your support group, you can easily hire another. No need to convert software solutions.

Pros:

This software is easily customizable at install AND it is reliable. The software updates are rarely a problem; no need to wait for other users to test and work out the bugs found in some software updates.

Cons:

Module pricing is a little more costly than other software, but then again how much is data integrity worth? I like to sleep at night, so it's a good investment.