Filter by:

• Overall

About Sage 100cloud

Sage 100cloud is an ERP platform for growing and medium-sized distributors and manufacturers.

Learn more about Sage 100cloud

Jim S.
CFO in US
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees

Sage 100 Review

5 2 years ago

Comments: We migrated from QuickBooks Enterprise to Sage 100 in 2015. We have had no regrets on this migration and believe we have much better control of our inventory which drives our financial results.

Pros:

Sage 100 has all of the features that our small business needs. We require inventory management with bills of materials and work orders. Sage does an excellent job handling this.

Cons:

It is not a case of dislike but more of under optimized. The general ledger system is not fully developed for drill down capability. All of the information is in a relational database but accessing inquiring type information is more cumbersome than it needs to be. We have written Crystal reports to accommodate this need.

James S.
Manager in US
Automotive, 51-200 Employees

Great software for a small growing business

5 2 years ago

Comments: There have been some nice improvements in the 18 years we have been using Sage 100/MAS90. It is not cheap, but gets the job done. They must continue to use customer feedback to make the right improvements to the software and not change features users heavily rely on.

Pros:

Customer service has been great. They do everything they can to help resolve issues. Sage’s scalability has allowed the software to grow along with our needs. 3rd Party software works best if has partnered with Sage to get updates that allow for testing prior to a new update being released.

Cons:

It seems that along with some enhancements you get when upgrading, you may lose some functionality such as when printing travelers that now require more steps to complete. Custom reports and integrations can be costly because a Sage reseller is needed for support.

Rhonda S.
COST ACCOUNTING/NETWORK ADMIN in US
Printing, 11-50 Employees

I don't have cloud just Sage 100

5 2 years ago

Comments: I don't have Sage 100 cloud?

Pros:

The support people were excellent to work with and made our transition in 2012 as easy as a new installation could ever get. I also like that all the areas are similar, so if you know Order Entry you can translate that knowledge to say Purchasing.

Cons:

When i go to create custom reports there are databases with the last three letters WRK. It would be great to have access to those databases; i realize they are a combination of existing databases but they have everything i usually need for a custom report. The bug in the current software update where you can't close the ship-to-address box in the right corner is annoying.

Yanet F.
Operations Coordinator in US
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

Sage 100cloud from a non-profit user

4 9 months ago

Comments: It has met all of our AP and AR needs.

Pros:

All the modules are located on the left side of the home screen. It may not seem like a big component; however, when you're wanting to go in and out-things it's a game changer. Some days, I have up to ten different windows in which I'm cross referencing. I can reconcile while looking at my AR and AP. Making entries and printing checks is a breeze. The steps are easy to follow and the tutorials are simple.

Cons:

Be sure to double check modules when updating software. We updated and quickly realized some modules hadn't carried over correctly. It was taken care of fast but could've caused problems down the road. It would be nice to have a checklist of when everything is being updated to see when changes did/didn't occur.

Jordan N.
Operations Analyst in US
Arts & Crafts, 201-500 Employees

The Toyota Corolla. Not fancy, but efficient and reliable.

4 last year

Comments: Efficient. It works. Lots of features. Reliable.

Pros:

It's reliable and it's a great way to organize data. I like that I can pull data into Excel with a Microsoft Query and have multiple tables to get information from, such as invoice history, purchase order, sales order, and item information.

Cons:

It's ancient looking. The aesthetics of the software in Classic View is not modern at all. However, it gets the job done and it's very efficient.

Brett J.
IT Director in US
Wholesale, 51-200 Employees

10+ Years of Sage in a mid-size manufacturing / distro environment

4 8 months ago

Comments: Sage has worked well for us for almost 10 years however as the company grows we find that we are "outgrowing" Sage and it can't keep up with our workload.

Pros:

Sage is old and the core functionality is solid. It "just works" for most smaller companies

Cons:

Sage really isn't intended for large / complicated environments. Once you've gone above 50 simultaneous users and add third party integrations for taxing, credit cards, warehouse management, etc... you'll notice lag in the system regardless of the hardware resources assigned to it.

Joleen T.
Office Manager in US
Construction, 11-50 Employees

2020 Review of Sage 100 Cloud

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall we are very pleased with Sage 100 cloud. Our IT consultant finds it easy to help us trouble shooting if needed, and customer service has been very helpful. We have also found it easy to adapt to our company needs. The upgrade to Sage 100cloud was seamless.

Pros:

The product is user friendly, the pull down windows are very helpful for new employees. New employees were easily trained to use the product.

Cons:

It would be a great enhancement if all reports would not close after print/print preview. Our checks are not standard laser printer checks, and it was a little challenging to set up to print correctly. Smart printers would not allow the adjustments. Final fix was to purchase an inexpensive printer.

Denise H.
Billing & Finance Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

Why I like Sage

5 2 years ago

Pros:

I like how easy it is to get the information that I need when I need it. Reports are easy to read and understand. It is very easy to maneuver around.

Cons:

Before we upgraded to a newer version I liked the way my reports printed off. Some of the reports went to landscape and some stayed portrait. With it doing that some of my reports are more pages.

Grace S.
Grace S.
Accounting /Customer Service in US
Consumer Electronics, 2-10 Employees

Sage 100

5 2 years ago

Comments: Over all we are very happy with the software and support received.

Pros:

We use Sage100 for AR, AP, invoicing, inventory and month end reporting. The software is rather easy to use and can be customize for your business needs.It is very easy to train someone to use SAGE 100. Another feature I like is that I can pull reports out into excel. Also the support given from the SAGE staff is high quality. Good software and support overall.

Cons:

The only con to this software is, it is slow at times.

Brittany S.
Management/Bookkeeper in
11-50 Employees

Small businesses with inventoy

4 4 years ago

Pros:

Sage 100 is an awesome way to manage receivables, payables, payroll and inventory management. The customization modules help set up the software to fit your specific needs. I love the paperless office capabilities and the fact that I can pull up my reports within seconds.

Cons:

My biggest issue is that it is not the most user friendly, in comparison to other similar software, I used in the past. It does take some time to become familiar with the products and the constant updating.

Judi G.
HR/Finance/Purchasing in US
Warehousing, 2-10 Employees

Easy to learn

5 2 years ago

Comments: Now that I have added another role to my resume here - I am finding how this all works together. I only had the accounting piece before. Now I see how my entries in PO will effect what happens when I invoice vendors and when I (occasionally) do the sales orders - I see how that effects the purchasing/invoicing Customers.

Pros:

I came from another company where we used Visual Mfg. Coming here and learning a completely new program made me nervous but, my fears were not warranted. It was very similar which helped me to be able to pick it up quickly.

Cons:

I have no complaints. Maybe after I use it for more than a couple of years I will.

Susanna M.
HR Manager in Canada
Construction, 51-200 Employees

A complete software to run your business

4 10 months ago

Comments: From the implementation (Sage 50 to 100) to the ongoing support, customer service has been great, easy to contact and knowledgeable.

Pros:

I like the fact that all module related to the different operations of the company are connected to another.

Cons:

The HR aspect of payroll can be improved. This is not an HR software by any means but some more functionalities could be introduced upgraded.

Andrea K.
General Manager in US
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees

Longtime Sage 100cloud user

5 2 years ago

Comments: So far our experience with Sage 100cloud has mostly been a positive one.

Pros:

This software is very user friendly. There are so many features, everything we have ever wanted to perform in Sage has usually happened.

Cons:

Cost and that some features require the purchase of another module.

Ryan O.
Business Intelligence Manager in US
Defense & Space, 201-500 Employees

Data in one place

4 3 years ago

Pros:

We have gone from multiple spreadsheets running our business to reporting and data base queries that make the data more reliable, real time, and accessible.

Cons:

We currently using the 2016 version and the Work Order module not being as user friendly as other modules has been unfortunate. We are excited about the 2019 release!

Steve R.
Planning Manager in US
Semiconductors, 51-200 Employees

You can customize Sage to fit your needs

5 2 years ago

Comments: We have customized Inventory modules to add information in order to help with business reporting.

Pros:

That it is customizable. I had our reseller (DSD) add features that helped our business reporting.

Cons:

International business address took a long time to get updated and I was happy the Sage finally fixed this.

Teresa W.
Sec-Treas in US
Oil & Energy, 11-50 Employees

Honest

3 2 years ago

Comments: I’ve been irritated with the ability to understand why something that should be easy to do has been made hard.

Pros:

The ability to have all 3 locations in one company but with sub accounts.

Cons:

It is difficult to do certain things in accounts payable and accounts receivable.

Lisa P.
Accountant in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees

Easy to customize

5 2 years ago

Pros:

The ability to export the GL detail into Microsoft Excel, so I can customize to the way I need to report for our 19 cost centers.

Cons:

Would like if I had the ability to create my cost centers directly in Sage, instead of exporting monthly to Excel

Mark C.
CFO in Canada

Excellent for small business

4 3 years ago

Pros:

Easy to use and understand. Easy to retrieve past info for analysis purposes. Helps with day to day accounting and budgeting.

Cons:

Perhaps a nicer layout but this is not a deal breaker. Also more GUI functions to be able to let other non-accounting staff use it.

Donna S.
Controller in US
Airlines/Aviation, 51-200 Employees

Sage is keeping up with the Times.

4 2 years ago

Comments: I am looking forward to using it more.

Pros:

I like the fact that the software is very robust. We are only touching the surface with it's capabilities. You can easily find answers in the community online. Our software partner is very knowledgeable.

Cons:

Some customization or troubleshooting requires our software partner and it can get very expensive.

Isabel H.
Data Entry/Sage Specialist in US
Cosmetics, 51-200 Employees

Love with some hiccups

5 2 years ago

Comments: It's pretty good

Pros:

It's really easy to use and navigate through

Cons:

There are some issues after an update we had that have not been resolved and we kind of just "manage"

Elena M.
Accounts Payable in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

Sage Survey

5 2 years ago

Pros:

New to the software, I found it very easy to navigate and figure out how to get around it on my own.

Cons:

A lot of repetition to get an invoice entered and updated.

Dave S.
Vp in US
Facilities Services, 11-50 Employees

Solid financial program.

4 3 years ago

Comments: I have used for many years and the program is very solid and a consistent look and feel to the program.

Pros:

Reliable software. He used for many year's

Cons:

Would like to migrate to cloud and easier custom report creation

Jessica W.
AP/AR/Inventory clerk in US
Farming, 11-50 Employees

Specific software for larger companies needing to track lots of aspects

5 2 years ago

Comments: Honestly I don't know what the differences between regular sage and sage 100 cloud are. ?

Pros:

I like being able to make adjustments on the fly for example when I need to quickly create new vendors or new customer accounts. I like the alias function within the inventory module. The integration seemed a little rough because there seemed to be a few kinks in the system that required outside help before things smoothed out.

Cons:

Training in Sage is difficult for myself as a newby 5+ years ago and then training new employees over the years, there is soooo much going on and soooo many little tricks and things that make the program feel overwhelming at first (well, honestly I think there is soooo much more to Sage than I'll ever know). As you get used to it I find it fairly user friendly but initially it was a but intimidating.

Steve B.
Accountant in US
Oil & Energy

Best Accounting Software on the Market for the Price!

5 7 years ago

Pros:

Sage 100 is very user-friendly, is easily and quickly learned, and is very robust. Add-on modules allow it to expand with your business.

Cons:

The only downsides are the same with every piece of software on the market - yearly updates makes it a bit pricey to ensure you're on the latest version, and support is (mostly) provided by 3rd-party value-added consultants.

Matt H.
Production supervisor in US
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees

great cabability and customization

5 3 years ago

Pros:

this product gives us most of what we can dream up, enhancements and reporting are great tools.

Cons:

loading times are a little slow, and crashing periodically