15 years helping British businesses

About iubenda

Attorney-level online compliance solutions at the convenience only software can provide.

Learn more about iubenda

Pros:

Ease of use and speed in setting the cookie policy and privacy policy. Extremely simple to insert services.

Cons:

A little bit of difficulty in understanding all the things that must be done.

iubenda ratings

4.5
4.7
4.6
4.5

8.8/10

iubenda has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 186 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used iubenda before?

Rita Carla Francesca
Rita Carla Francesca
Independent Author in Italy
Publishing, Self Employed

Essential for a website

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: When the GDPR was enforced, I had to find quickly a solution for my website. Iubenda had everything I needed for a very low price. The latter had increased a bit though, but it's still acceptable.

Pros:

It's an affordable and easy-to-use service. I could set and install the script very easily on my website, and the price is acceptable.

Cons:

Nothing in particular. Overall I'm having a good experience.

Viktor
Viktor
CEO in Canada
Internet, 2–10 Employees

Best privacy policy and cookie solution on the market!

Comments: Iubenda helps save thousands of dollars in attorney fees and provides an easy solution for anyone to generate privacy policy and implement the cookie solution. It's so easy to use, that we even offer our clients (bloggers, small businesses, etc.) complimentary set up of Iubenda on their websites. It usually takes us 15-30 minutes to generate privacy policy and implement the cookie solution. Timing depends on how extensive the privacy policy needs to be. For bloggers usually 15 min, for businesses usually 30 minutes.

Pros:

Iubenda provides an easy way to generate privacy policy to comply with all international privacy laws like GDPR, CCPA, etc. Plus, once you generate privacy policy you can easily keep it updated as things change. Iubenda stays on top of the laws around the world, so they adjust and add more stuff to help users comply with new laws. They recently added CCPA compliance, and it was a breeze to activate and add to our privacy policy. In addition to the privacy policy, their cookie solution is indispensable. We set up Google Tag Manager integration to allow for prior blocking of cookies, and everything works without issues.

Cons:

The service itself is great, there are really no cons. However, the only thing where I would like to see improvement is support times. They can be a bit slow to respond, but do help with the issues. The other thing, I wish they would add more service providers quicker to grow their database.

h
CEO in UK
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Worst Customer support Ever.. i would give minus rating if there is any..

Comments: Very Very bad experience and the worst customer support we have ever received from a product. at the time of writing this review, my whole account is down for 5 days now, and till now the customer support team never replied to our emails or chats!!!!!

Pros:

Nothing worth mentioning here. I'm writing this review to get their management's attention, maybe they don't know how bad their customer support team is.

Cons:

First and most importantly, they have an incompetent customer support team who barely replies to our concerns and forget about the 24/7 support that they say they have. Go contact them on chat and good luck after that if anyone replied to you. Very difficult to integrate with other platforms, and as explained above, no support for the integration.

last year

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are very sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience with our customer support team. We value your feedback and would like to take steps to address your concerns and improve your experience with our product. We would greatly appreciate it if you could provide us with more information to help identify your requests in our system and provide you with support as soon as possible. Updating your Capterra account details by adding your name and surname would be helpful in this process. Alternatively, you can provide us with the URL of your website. We understand that you have been experiencing difficulties with integrating our product with other platforms and that your account has had issues for the past five days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Our team is committed to providing prompt and efficient support to all of our customers, and we would like to do everything we can to ensure that your experience from now on will be as smooth and seamless as possible.

Azizah
Azizah
Office Management in Malaysia
Telecommunications, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Webiste privacy and cookies management with iubenda

Pros:

With iubenda, making safety and privacy policies is a cakewalk, instead of taking a gamble on a public privacy or cookie policy (without knowing if it benefits the company) or paying loads of cash on an attorney to draft one. When you install iubenda, it will automatically scan the existing site and provide you with the option to personally choose the extensions, plugins, and services you use. Based on such data, iubenda will design custom privacy and cookie disclaimer for your website.

Cons:

It's not the software I had issues with but rather the expectation that a single individual should be capable of ensuring a webpage complies with all applicable laws. A website-scanning tool is available to assist you in locating potential new services to include, although it is not entirely reliable just yet.

Marco
Marco
Web Designer in Italy
Design, Self Employed

The best GDPR/CCPA solution on the market

Comments: I started using it more than 2 years ago for client work, and I've never stopped since then. It's easy to use and fast to implement once you put in some effort, and it gives you a solid compliancy level. It's an essential tool for every web designer and marketer.

Pros:

There are several benefits to using iubenda for GDPR compliance. First, it can help ensure that your data is properly collected and stored. Second, it can automate the consent process so you don't have to check each individual pop-up or Formfield on your website. And finally, once users have given their consent, iubenda will keep track of this information so you always know who has agreed to receive marketing messages from your company. It keeps your policies constantly updated by a team of top-level lawyers, so you don't need to check the law variations compulsively to remain compliant with them.

Cons:

It's an advanced platform since it offers a suite of tools. It should be easy to use, but it can be overwhelming since there are so many options. It is also quite expensive, but that's fair since they are the best on the market in my opinion.

Mirjam
Artist and Founder in Germany
Entertainment, Self Employed

i only Ubenda!

Comments: I love iUbenda! Since we met I haven't looked anywhere else and have 0 need/wish to do so in the future. We're in for a long haul! :)

Pros:

I first met the representative of iUbenda back in 2015 at The Startup Summit Berlin and instantly grabbed his business card when I realized their product is a perfect marriage between the current (at the time)/future web/app development and the tech legal world. For someone who isn't fluent at all in legal language, it was at first intimidating, however, iUbenda exceeded my expectations with step by step guiding process, easy setup, vast knowledge base, and smooth implementation. I love the visual and easy-to-understand user interface, that I can rest assured knowing iUbenda is keeping up with the constant law changes and instantly notifying me so I can update my policies. The customer care is also wonderful and I can only highly recommend it.

Cons:

No complaints! They just keep growing and making it better with each update.

Blair
CEO in Philippines
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Iubenda took the stress our of making our privacy & consent management compliant

Pros:

The interface is plain English and simple point-and-click selections when configuring are easy to use and understand. Easy to add local requirements to reference Laws in our country

Cons:

Nothing I don't like - it does what I want and doesn;t bother me with sections I decide not to use - other than to warn me that I may be noncompliant, which is fine

Gaetano
Founder in Italy

Iubenda on Horbiter™️

Comments: We’re happy with the overall solution; nonetheless, we think Iubenda’s crawler should step up and CS lead time, too.

Pros:

You can easily scale the solution up or down.

Cons:

The Customer Support takes too long to answer a question. Your crawler is in our opinion misleading; it often highlights missing compliances for no reason

Christopher
Marketing Manager in US
Consumer Electronics, 201–500 Employees

Small business, big customer service

Pros:

A quality team who brings top notch small business customer service to their clients. Sometimes customer service tickets take a day or so to get a response, but the hands-on help is worth the wait. [sensitive content hidden] is a champ and has been a big help to our business.

Cons:

The installation process is clear but not the easiest for people inexperienced with code or website development.

Nathaniel
Nathaniel
Co-Founder, Consultant & Content Manager in UK
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Quick and easy compliant webforms and cookie policy creation.

Comments: Was good while it lasted, but had to replace eventually. Maybe would use again on a quick build ecommerce site.

Pros:

Was easy to build forms and cookie policies using templates and wizard. Many shortcodes and intergration for form building. A good choice of styling options and abilty to use via imbed, or plug-in.

Cons:

I would say for the most part, that the solution is expensive in comparison to other services offering fully compliant web forms and/or policies. If you know a thing or two about HTML/CSS, the styling and embed does not really matter all that much.

Ute
IT-Trainer in Germany
E-Learning, Self Employed

Making the life of single business owners easier!

Comments: Is did not only use the software myself. I also promoted it and supported it for the websites of my clients.
This way I could even reduce their workload and could make them really happy.

Pros:

You have your own business and a lot of work to do? Fine for you! But how much time do you have to think about GDPR or legal things? Do not worry. There are people who focus on this and do an excellent job. Let iubenda sort your problems out about a cookie solution on your website that is compliant to your and the legal needs. Set it up and forget it until somethings is changed. This is he way, you find time for all the things, that you need to run your business and make money.

Cons:

Its not the software, that I did not like, but the complexity of websites, their compliance to law and how one person should be able to deal with it all on his or her own.

Filippo
Consultant in Italy
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Excellent service

Comments: I became a customer and I recommend it to my clients because the reliability of the service is high. For over two years I have relied on Iubenda so I no longer have to worry about these legal aspects of a website.

Pros:

completeness, effectiveness, safety are crucial aspects for any activity on the web

Cons:

customer service is really efficient so, for every question, I always have the answer

Mino
Web master in Italy
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Iubenda Licence Pro

Comments: I had known Iubenda for a long time, but all of its infrastructure was decidedly improved, especially the clarity of the procedures.

Pros:

Product that responds correctly to our needs. Clarity for its use and installation Clarity of the license conditions Great customer focus and opportunities to learn how to use it Excellent relationship between quality and price

Cons:

Improved account management procedure, but otherwise I have not found any defect or problem at the moment.

Eduardo
Manager - COO in Brazil
Insurance, 2–10 Employees

Practicality in the Adjustments to the Legislation

Comments: We were able to keep up with the laws relevant to our company and keep up to date with changes in a practical and fast way!

Pros:

- Automatic detection of technologies on the website / application; - Generation of the automated Privacy Policy, based on the website technologies; - Automated Terms of Use and Cookie Policy generator; - Customizable cookie consent banner.

Cons:

- Implementation on wordpress sites is still a bit complicated, despite the plugin; - It is not possible to insert cookies and scripts directly into the plugin or dashboard, everything is done by detection; - It is not possible to leave cookies and external scripts previously enabled for the user.

Silvia
Responsabile in Italy
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Iubenda review

Pros:

Even if it looks like that is complicated you just chat with the support and they are extremely helpful

Cons:

Overall is a good services, I don't find anything that it's too complicated

Sara
none in Czechia

Good Service

Comments: Good support
Good tools

Pros:

I tried the cookie solution offer by Iubenda and it's easy to configure, Iubenda it's also offering free interesting webinar and Q&A sessions. I needed to ask the support few questions and they answer very quickly. Positive experience!!!

Cons:

The software could detect automatically cookies that are in the website

5 years ago

Hello Sara, thank you for the feedback, it's very appreciated! I'm glad to inform you that we are constantly working in order to improve the Generator and add new features hence the auto detection of cookies could be one of these future additions. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter in order to remain up to date with all our latest features and news.

Cristina
Owner in Italy
E-Learning, Self Employed

FANTASTIC!!!

Pros:

This software has a great usability, a whole team of lawyers and great assistance; it's also always updated and they send fantastic updates on law; they also have a tutorial for all!

Cons:

Nothing, it's perfect, can't find anything I'm not satisfied of

Michela
Owner in Italy
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

MIchela satisfaction

Pros:

Smart to use, full of feature for my needs, and not expensive for my budget.

Cons:

Nothing to declare, I'm very happy of this product

ANTONELLA
AVVOCATO in Italy
Legal Services, 2–10 Employees

VERY GOOD

Comments: MY PROFESSIONAL PROBLEMS REGARDING MY INTERNET SITE PRIVACY POLICY HAVE BEEN SOLVED PERFECTLY BY IUBENDA

Pros:

IT IS VERY EASY TO USE. IT TAKES ONLY TO FOLLOW THEIR INSTRUCTIONS.

Cons:

NOTHING. I FOUND IT VERY USEFUL AND EASY.

5 years ago

Hello Antonella, thank you very much for your review, it's highly appreciated! We are happy our service has been useful to you and we are constantly working in order to add new features and clauses to our generator. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter in order to remain up to date with all our latest features and news.

Samuele
Webmaster/Manager in Italy
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

An experience of trust

Comments: Ease of integration into many projects, easy understanding of the theme, excellent technical support. To deepen the argument, of course, one can also rely on external resources, but with Iubenda it is a good starting point.

Pros:

Simplicity and professionalism are the basis of Iubenda. They have the numbers and the knowledge to be able to follow you in the basic steps and bring you closer to a reality that is often not easy to understand.

Cons:

The user-side tools are very simplified, this is a strong point to be able to understand what you are doing but at the same time save precious time.

Rossano
Titolare in Italy
Internet, Self Employed

SATISFIED

Pros:

Cons:

To date nothing. I haven't had any other experiences with other software and I don't think I'll try

Salvatore
Digital & Marketing Consultant in Italy
Market Research, 2–10 Employees

Great Custmomer Service

Comments: So far very good

Pros:

It is very easy to use and saves me a lot of time in updating my privacy polices!

Cons:

Privacy management feature not so easy to use.

Newspapers, 201–500 Employees

fast and complete support

Comments: A simple way to accomplish privacy and cookie law, especially in UE context

Pros:

easy to use even if privacy and GDPR are complex stuff; useful on context help menu/info

Cons:

sometimes confusing with many paths that seems end to the same point

Rachel
Web Designer in UK
Design, Self Employed

Not suited to new businesses

Pros:

Iubenda taking care of your policies and updating them according to changes in law is a great aspect of the service. Policies are easy to create, and embed in websites.

Cons:

The price. As a new business it's not really feasible to pay the hundreds of pounds each year to maintain policies and cookie consent solutions. Though cheaper alternatives won't be as robust as the services iubenda provides, for new and small businesses the more affordable options make the most sense to use.

Cosimo
Cosimo
President of Technical and Scientific Committee in Italy
Mental Health Care, Self Employed

It solved my chaos on GDPR

Comments: Positive, I will continue being a subscriber

Pros:

Completeness of features, easy integration on my web site

Cons:

That after the first free service when you decide to pay to get more, you have to pay also for what was initially free