Thryv for HR use

Reviewed on 25/09/2018
Human Resources Director
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We chose the Thryv product, along with DexYP services, to enhance our recruiting efforts. We needed to improve our company's online image and increase our ranking within online searches. We have seen immediate benefits from the company's listings being consistent across online search platforms. This was extremely important timing for our company, which relocated during the first quarter of this year, after almost 35 years in one location. We are still in the "ramping up" stages as we get ready for the 4th quarter of this year, but we expect to see increased traffic to our company website, as well as people reaching out to us about working for our company.

Pros: Thryv is easy to use from desktop or mobile device. The dashboard clearly shows the information I need to see at a glance and the navigation bar is divided into categories that make sense to a user (not just to the software designer) so I can quickly find what I need to work with. I really like the Social Media connection and the ability to search relevant topics and post directly from the Thryv software. Even better is the scheduling function that allows me to schedule a post during peak evening time when our target audience is most likely to be on social media to see it. Thryv also allows me to use multiple "tags" for the Leads so I can sort and find names and numbers within categories that I set up. Another feature that is very helpful is the Listings Management that allows our business to easily see that our online presence is correct and consistent across many platforms, such as Google, Yelp, Bing, Yahoo, & Foursquare and provides the option to "fix" any listings that do not accurately represent our business.

Cons: While Thryv has been very useful in the HR functions of recruiting and communicating with current employees, it is not ideal for our sales personnel. The sales manager wants to be able to run reports for purposes of monthly planning, focused on managing sales personnel and their activities to grow the customer base. That emphasis would be on the internal sales representatives and the Thryv product is best suited to a focus on external clients.

by Thryv on 03/10/2018

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. This helps us know what we're getting right and how we can improve going forward. We're happy to know that you're satisfied with how Thryv is helping your business!

- Ed

Dipping my small business toe into CRM

Reviewed on 23/07/2019
Monica B.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I love Thryv. The roll-out went smooth and I had all the support I needed. The learning curve was good due to the intuitive nature of many tasks. My business uses Thryv to document incoming phone calls from our clients by scheduling either an appointment for a service or sale call or scheduling a reminder to complete a task for the client. Thryv has been excellent when responding to requests for small changes to how the platform works. In the one instance where I had a true disaster when I was spontaneously locked out of my account on a Friday late afternoon. Thryv responded perfectly. I got a bit of push back from the initial Thryv phone rep, but I turned to my sales rep and he escalated the issue and got me back in quickly. Thryv phone reps are very gracious on the phone and they seem to "get" the difference between a small business that was started during the tech era and a small business like mine where paper files are in the DNA. I like Thryv!

Pros: I needed to automate the customer service end of my small business (from incoming phone calls to dispatch and billing) and I went with Thryv because it felt like an affordable and manageable platform. The lower price (compared to the big CRM/service dispatch products in the construction/home repair industry) was exactly what I needed to feel comfortable taking baby steps into automation.

Cons: I dislike nothing about Thryv. I am hopeful that Thryv will continue to respond to us customers with tweaks to their software so that I can continue to use the platform (in other words so my small business doesn't grow out of it).

Thryv = Transforming how we do business!

Reviewed on 19/08/2019
Alice J.
Hospitality, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Thryv is awesome, incredible, and it produces immediate results. After 30 years in business I am proud to say, 2019 has been our best year ever! The person behind our real success story is rep. He is my wing man. When I first started with Thryv, I was cynical steeped in old school ways of doing business. rep is our go to any time help guy. He is as tenacious as a bulldog when it comes to the install and he continually shows up to provide hands on support, training, and implementation of new features. He’s on it to make sure things are going well and exceeding expectations. Thanks for the helping hands. Rep, in my opinion, is a great asset to your company and to mine! I hope executive management responds to you about this post.

Pros: What I like most about Thryv is its user friendly for our staff and for our clients. Many of the everyday tasks of communicating with customers over the phone, through email, and texts all happen in one place. There is tremendous value in having our website, social media, client interactions, email marketing, text marketing, appointments, and appointment reminders, all on one dashboard. Everything works together to benefit our business.

Cons: Customer support has not always been favorable, meaning, I have to heavily depend on my rep. Sometimes speaking with folks with different accents and dialects is hard to comprehend when we need assistance. At times we avoid reaching out due to the disconnect.

Caution

Reviewed on 10/02/2019
Doug D.
Construction, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It was almost a week of nothing but a waste of my time and money. I told the rep what i wanted my software to do which is write and send invoices and estimates plus a lot more but to keep it short they knew i was going to have a problem with my invoices and they said nothing. Charged me 775.00 for a month of advertising plus service writing software. I spent a week learning how to use it and getting it all set up. Could of been avoided had they said their service writing software is useless and if they have been blocked by so many big email groups tells me they do some pretty shady stuff. I wanted nothing to do with their advertising my company name and ended it immediately. Of course when i ask about my refund that i want in full, they say their accounting office is in a 2 day meeting and it is wednesday, so we shall see come monday morning how honest they can be. If they just would of accepted my cancellation and immediately refunded my money I wouldnt even be writing this review . Hope this helps, i had been looking into thryv for several months prior and they seemed like a great software, completely took me by surprise. There answer was to have my customers whitelist them. Can you imagine sending a new customer an estimate but asking them to whitelist you first. Insanity at its best.

Pros: I like that it advertised on over 60 sites supposedly

Cons: I could not send emails to my customers, estimating would be 90% of my customers. Thryv.com emails have been blocked by AOL, AT&T, YAHOO, and apparently GMAIL too because i couldnt send an invoice to myself. My wifes SBCGLOBAL,NET worked very well. Yeah they dont bother to tell you this up front.

by Thryv on 29/03/2019

Hi Doug,

I'm very sorry to hear of the dissatisfaction and issues outlined in your review. The satisfaction of our clients means the world to us here at Thryv. This matter has been escalated and we'll be reaching out to soon to address all concerns.

Thanks,

Thryv helps me Thrive!

Reviewed on 11/06/2019
Catherine S.
Retail, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I do like this Business program more that the piece-mil style of programs I had before. Everything is within this model and I do not have to try to combine my Books, Appointments, schedules, online presence or documents...everything is here. Any new business needs to use this sort of program to become a more professional looking business.

Pros: As a new business owner I have found the Thryv Business program to be very helpful and convenient for me and my customers. The notifications come quickly and on all my devices so no one is left hanging especially my business. I have used the chat and telephone customer service lines to educate me and help me move free and easily through the Dashboard and all its features.

Cons: Some of the features I am not as well familiar with do need a little extra help which I need through the Thryv support agents. I have the lowest tier Thryv account which does not offer total flexibilty but as my business grows I expect to be able to upgrade.

All Glitter and No Substance

Reviewed on 28/03/2019
Attorney
Law Practice, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We did not renew our contract with Thryv. Instead, we went with another company that specializes website design and marketing for businesses like mine. I checked them out on Yelp, Capterra and a couple other review sites. (I didn't do this when I signed up with Thryv and I should have.) I'm very satisfied with this new company so far. My involvement has been only to review and comment on their work. My recommendation to anyone looking for website and marketing assistance is to go with a company that specializes in working with your type of business and check out as many review sites as you can before making your decision.

Pros: Thryv is tied into the "Original" Yellow Pages. I liked the person who sold me the program as a package with my Yellow Pages advertising. All she knew about the program was what Thryv told her and if you've ever dealt with any high tech sales people, you know that their answer to any question about what the program can do is "yes", "sure", "you bet", "no problem", etc. Then when you deal with tech support that tell you that they have no idea what the salesperson was talking about. I believe that my YP sales person was simply telling me what the Thryv marketing people told her.

Cons: 1. Its a "one size fits all program". If you want something that is specifically for your type of business, you need to jerryrig the program yourself and to do that, you need an IT person. 2. I have a small business and we're busy. We do not have an IT department. We don't have a marketing department either. In order for the Thryv program to work, you need both unless you or one of your staff people wants to spend most of your day playing with the Thryv dashboard. 3. Initially, support was pretty bad, but to their credit, it has improved during the last year. 4. The website design is base on templates and lack any creativity whatsoever. It took them 6 months to correct all the spelling errors. Its up to you to make any changes to the website and they tell you its easy to do. It's not. See number 2 above. 5. Finally, during the last year, the Thryv program did not produce any noticeable increase in our business. Almost all of the calls and e-mails we got through our website were from other website developers and marketing groups telling us that they saw our website and they could do a better job.

by Thryv on 30/04/2019

Hi,

It certainly saddens us to know that you were not satisfied with your usage of Thryv. We take great pride in Thryv, its functionality, ease of use, and the client support that's offered. If you decide to try us again in the future, we'll ensure a satisfactory experience every step of the way.

Ed

The difference is the PEOPLE, WE ARE ALL IN THE PEOPLE BUSINESS!!!

Reviewed on 01/06/2019
Sean B.
General Manager
Construction, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Here’s the deal everyone seeking a true CRM tool to help take your company to the next level... the staff at Thryv make the world of difference. Anyone can copy or recreate the software it takes to run/manage a domain or to track and add ways to reach out to your client, but the PEOPLE at Thryv make the world of difference. From the help that’s given I have seen vary from the first time computer user, to the tech savvy(like me 😬) and have personally seen them how greatly impacted after spending a single hour visiting in person or via conference call. Where those individuals little lite bulb in their head goes off and “EUREKA” moment happens.

Pros: Speed, reliability and its up to the moment updates. The moment a client calls/texts/email messages it’s INSTANT

Cons: The same platform used at kickserv is being used here. So someone is copying someone’s software, but that’s fine bc it’s the people that go into the support that really makes the difference.

Thryve review

Reviewed on 26/01/2019
Academy frame K.
Managing Partner
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall the experience has been okay. Our service manager has been awesome. CSR has taken the time to walk me through certain aspects of the product and has been working with us from the beginning. Before she came on board it was a stressful hassle to get the website looking how we wanted it. And it is frustrating when updates and fixes take a long time- like the current issues with AOL and Yahoo.

Pros: I like that the dashboard is fairly easy to navigate and that when I need to update the website I can do so fairly quickly. There are some very unique features. I like that we can put coupons and buttons directly into the website.

Cons: There is so much that the software can do that it is almost overwhelming. And there are some features that we just won't ever use. I really don't like when they have done software updates and major changes that they did not contact us to let us know that changes were coming and that we wouldn't be able to make changes. We update the website 2-3 times per month and this really messed up our program.

Nervous

Reviewed on 05/04/2019
Mike E.
President/CEO/Locksmith
Consumer Services, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The support team is fantastic. They have been really helpful and have been holding my hand through a lot of little bumps. Thank You
What bothers me is the reviews. If I'd have seen some from employees, ex-employees, customers, and ex-customers (it all matters) I may have not tried this. There are a lot of pretty unhappy people out there and they don't want people to use this service. I believe as long as the team keeps me happy, I'll stick to this.
I just hope the employees that work on our accounts are being treated better. I do understand ex-employees are typically negative towards their ex-employers but they all say the same things.
I do appreciate this website and Team doing their best to help me. I hope this relationship works out.

Pros: I like that it will help promote my business. It's doing in 2 days what took me a year to do. There are a lot of options and features I'm looking forward to using

Cons: The software is fine. I signed up for this and I'm pretty happy with it. I'm not very computer friendly though. You could consider making your save button a bit bigger. The tiny disc on the top right is there but I can sense some people dont, and get frustrated rather quickly.

by Thryv on 07/05/2019

Hi Mike,

We can't thank you enough for choosing ,Thryv, and for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide your review. I can assure you that employee and client satisfaction both mean the world to us. We're here for you if you need us.

Central client organization

Reviewed on 13/08/2019
Jennifer M.
Controller
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Customer care is constantly improving and more customers are being reached via the means that they choose. We don't want to hassle our clients, and now we can give them options or send them messages how they choose to receive them. And they can send us anything and we can keep it all together in their online "folder". We haven't use the invoicing yet, but it is something we are looking at implementing.

Pros: We find the client portal features extremely useful and easy to use. The template marketing emails for new clients helps us reach out to more clients automatically without having to write up individual emails, we can customize it and set it up to send.

Cons: Uploading client contact information was a little problematic but we figured it out.

We work with Thryv.

Reviewed on 13/11/2018
Dawn C.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I am very satisfied with the product and the company. We use Thryv heavily in our business.

Pros: It has everything that a small business needs, but sometimes they need some help learning all that Thryv does, getting it set up, running their email/text campaigns, interfacing with their website, managing their social media posts through Thryv - that's what we help with.
As a technical/database person throughout my career in corporate America, I highly recommend this product.

Cons: Customer service was not able to answer complicated questions until I asked for a supervisor and that only works during normal business hours. But then I got my answers.

by Thryv on 13/12/2018

Hello Dawn,

Be assured that we're constantly training our employees and working to improve Thryv to ensure the best possible experience for our clients. Thank you for providing your feedback.

Thryv Frontrange Florals Review

Reviewed on 13/02/2019
Diane M.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I'm not sure I'm solving anything I couldn't with another CRM but because I like the website support and some SEM visibility I'll keep using it.

Pros: I like keeping track of my customers and where they came from.

Cons: The details and ease of use can be difficult and there are things that take a three step process which should take one, for instance adding a customer but not being able to add an appointment or document to the initial invite.

Hi Diane,

I'm sorry to know of the difficulties outlined in your review. Our goal is to make the process of utilizing Thryv for our clients as easy and simple as possible. We'll be reaching out to you to discuss your concerns and offer up any assistance we can.

Thry for small business

Reviewed on 08/02/2019
Shantele E.
Law Practice, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Has been a positive experience so far. Contact with clients has helped us a lot. Just wish it wasn't so expensive. The social media posts are good also, keeping my business on social media more than I have time to do.

Pros: Love the calendaring feature and how I can access my calendar from my phone. Love that it sends a text message to clients the day before and one hour before appointments to remind them. That has helped to cut down on the number of no shows that I have. It also helps keep a running client list with their telephone number and email address.

Cons: Cost. It's expensive for a small business.

Hi Shantele,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated! It is awesome to know how the features of Thryv are helping your business. The voice of the client is important to us - thank you for sharing, yours!

- Ed

The most user-friendly software for businesses

Reviewed on 18/01/2019
Alanis B.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Our main goal was to get more organized with our in-home appointments, Thryv helps keep us on top of our schedule. We now can keep record of transactions, invoices, payments, and even texts messages to our main office line from each customer! Since we started using the software, our clients can not get over how much more professional Thryv makes our company look.

Cons: The one thing I like least about the software is that we can not send or receive photos when we text our clients from the software. If this feature could somehow be integrated, it would be much more beneficial!

by Thryv on 31/01/2019

Hi Alanis,

Feedback like yours helps us as we continuously work to improve upon the Thryv software experience. Thank you for choosing Thryv and for sharing your voice.

- DexYP

New to a Full Business Platform

Reviewed on 04/08/2018
Catherine S.
Retail, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The customer service has been exceptional and I am learning new things about supporting my business through all the tutorials and encouragement from reps,

Pros: I love that I can book, estimate, invoice get paid and track all my business with one software program...it’s more affordable that having to piece bookings, calendars, invoicing from different companies.

Cons: I have trouble with the calendar and placing business necessary schedules or appoints,ent. I am also having difficulty figuring out how to link my contacts from different emails.

by Thryv on 10/08/2018

Hi Catherine,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your ratings and review. I'm sorry to hear you're having some difficulties with the platform, but happy to know you're overall satisfied. I'll have you contacted to ensure we get you the assistance you need.

- Ed

Using it for our business

Reviewed on 21/02/2019
Dave K.
Regional Director
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, they are positive and easy to work with.

Pros: The website transfer went smoothly, like having more access to our site and ability to make more edits.

Cons: Some of the interface is difficult to navigate, emails, while they work well, frequently send, 2 or 3 versions of the same request. Have never been able to get that remedied.

by Thryv on 07/05/2019

Hi Dave,

Thank you for choosing Thryv. Your review is appreciated.

- Ed

One of the best business investments I’ve made!

Reviewed on 15/02/2019
Betty j. B.
Co-Owner
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Phenomenal!!

Pros: It’s practically automatic. Reminders are sent to clients as well as opportunity to pay. I can easily set up ad campaigns and have emails for the promotion sent to all or as many of my contacts I want instantly. Customer service is above and beyond fantastic. My website is phenomenal and very user friendly. I could go on all day! Superb investment!

Cons: Nothing I can think of. It’s all fabulous!

by Thryv on 08/05/2019

Hi Betty,

Such amazing feedback! Thank you for choosing Thryv as the all-in-one software for your small business!

- Ed

Can't run my business without it!

Reviewed on 03/08/2018
William G.
Founder/CEO
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We love Thryv and can't see ourselves using any other system. Our overall day-to-day operations improved, the communication with our clients improved, and made running our business a smooth and fun activity.

Pros: . Love how easy it is to use and organized, intuitive interface
. Works great on PC and mobile with no limitations
. Easy to issue invoices and estimates on the go
. Easy to track appointments and your calendar
. Love how it sends reminders to customers and us
. Great value

Cons: . Lack of merchant integration, only has Braintree, wish it had Stripe
. Mailing list feature is weak, very little customization allowance for templates and content
. No easy integration between staff and administrators (Calendars and scheduling for employees)
. Lack of a proper customer portal for your clients, with a username and password secured page, only has email and customer have to check email every time they want to login
. Lack of customization of website widgets and forms (too limited)

by Thryv on 10/08/2018

Hello William - Thank you for being a valued client. We love to hear how much you love, Thryv! - Ed

The Best App Out There.

Reviewed on 26/07/2018
Marc W.
Recruiter and Manager of Omaha Blackshirts
Sports, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I run my whole business now from this software.

Pros: User friendly and customer support. I use it for estimates, invoices, payments with Braintree and it's calendar is fantastic- automated text messages to my clients in the mornings is really cool.

Cons: I thought the price was high but after I've seen the ROI, it's the best investment I've ever made.

by Thryv on 30/07/2018

Hi Marc,

We're very happy to know how satisfied you are with Thryv! Thank you so much for choosing to be a valued client and for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide your feedback!

Excellent product

Reviewed on 08/02/2019
Michelle T.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: As stated above it makes my life easier and 10 times faster to get my work done.

Pros: Ease of use. I have used many different invoice / estimate software over the years. Thryv is by far the easiest format I have ever used. Ever item I need is a click away and completely easy to find. It takes less than a minute to make an estimates and invoices. It is perfect for our small business.

Cons: Least like? If my internet goes out I can't get into it lol but that is not Thryv's fault. I can not think of one thing I don't like / aggravates me about Thryv.

Hello Michelle!

It makes us very proud to hear how Thryv is helping the day-to-day operation of your business.

Amazing Service

Reviewed on 29/06/2019
Jaisson N.
Owner/Operator
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I am not the easiest person to get n touch with. My Thryv Rep is a huge part of why I bought Thryv. He drops in on a weekly and basis and we get to work on the Thryv together and he helps keep me accountable. Thanks to him and thanks Thryv for making my business life easier.

Pros: This software gives me the ability to utilize all of my day to day business tools in one platform. My Thryv Rep helps keep me informed and shows me on a weekly basis how to use a new feature every week. Most recently we set up the Competitor watch which is a great addition to my Thryv portal.

Cons: Thryv is a great tool, and I just need to incorporate it into my schedule. I can think of no cons at this time.

Reviewed on 07/06/2019
Richard D.
Office Manager/Plumber
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Three months ago our business was about to leave Dex/Thryv. We were not seeing the return for our dollar. Without that knowledge Team called to set up a meeting with me. I explained that we were discontinuing our service. He still asked to meet, even if the answer was going to be no. The representative won us over. He explained the product and software that we were paying for and not even using. No one had taken the time to work with us! representative got to know our business and me personally, followed up on all questions, and has checked in multiple times to make certain everything is running as expected. I firmly believe I would be with four to five different companies if representative hadn't explained the value of Thryv's programs and multiple functions that can be utilized. He is an asset!

Pros: I now have a web based program to handle all of my social media interactions. Being a small business it's hard when each person must wear multiple hats. This software simplifies a lot of mundane processes!

Cons: Still trying to figure out the mobile billing system. Working to get it into the hands of my field technicians. It's a process.

Thryv for Business

Reviewed on 07/05/2019
Sherri W.
Bookkeeper/Administrative Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We are happy to have this as a tool in our everyday business

Pros: We use this product that is link to our company's website. We are able to store so much information from our customers, they can contact us and we are apply to reply in an instant .

Cons: There is a lot to learn about this product.

This software feels a lot like vCita to me.

Reviewed on 03/05/2019
Public Relations & Communications, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The Thryv business software does everything it claims to do efficiently, it really is an all in one software. However, the lead generating aspect of Thryv leads generated a TON of spam calls that all went to against my lead targets. After sign up, I would get calls daily to claim my google business listing or for working capital for my business.

Pros: It did everything that vCita does PLUS I was able to claim my online listings without having to pay Yext to do it.

Cons: It really felt a lot like vCita with a Yext plugin and cost me around twice as much.

by Thryv on 08/05/2019

Thank you for giving Thryv a try. We're happy to know that you were able to successfully utilize the many features the software has to offer!

An Indispensable Tool

Reviewed on 29/01/2019
Eric G.
Convention, Editorial, and Headshot Photographer
Photography, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall I'm very happy with Thryv. My only recommendation to the Thryv team is that they continue to iterate and offer new features, especially a more robust CRM.

Pros: I like how Thryv aims to be a one-stop software solution for my commercial photography business, Eric Guel Photography. My top "pros" are: - Invoicing is easy, and via Braintree you get paid super fast. - Estimates look professional, and set you apart. - The calendar syncs with my Google calendar. - The scheduling tool has been very, very helpful. Instead of spending time on the phone or shooting emails back and forth, I'm able to book corporate headshots with clients without even "lifting a finger."

Cons: The CRM feature seems to be somewhat thin. I'd love to be able to see more CRM options other than tags and basic data storage. I'd love to see something like a sales funnel built in, and an option to set reminders to take action with certain customers.