15 years helping British businesses

About SurveyLegend

Create engaging, platform-independent & beautiful NPS surveys. We empower companies - large & small - & individuals, to collect insight

Learn more about SurveyLegend

Pros:

It is also offered at a very competitive price and provides higher capabilities than what you would find at the same price at other platforms.

Cons:

Was unaware I could not access my survey results without paying.

SurveyLegend ratings

4.6
4.4
4.5
4.3

8.4/10

SurveyLegend has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars based on 941 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used SurveyLegend before?

Camilla
Camilla
Regulatory Affairs Associate in Denmark
Pharmaceuticals, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use with a great design

Comments: We use survey legend to create a poll/survey to figure out what topics to present at four annual meetings for selfemployed people based in Copenhagen in Denmark.

Pros:

It is very easy to use tocreate surverys or polls. I tried 4 other programs before using survey legend and I will stick to survey legend and recommend survey legend to everyone who needs a tool to create surveys or polls. We often use surveys at the university too. So it's great tool

Cons:

That it is not possible to view data like what users responded in a survey, when they choose the option other and wrote an individual answer, even though your survey fits the criterias for the free plan.

Nik
Nik
Director in UK
Photography, Self Employed

A legend Among Surveys

Comments: This has been a very valuable part of my market research and funding support. It's been relatively quick, easy and satisfying and I'd recommend this as a regular business tool to any of my colleagues (I already have.)

Pros:

SurveyLegend - in my opinion- far excels in one of the most obvious but important ways: it helps the user build a really effective survey, and does so simply. And that's quite something given my experience of other survey builders. The richness of formats on offer presented in a neat drag-and-drop user interface was a joy to use, and within minutes I'd got myself the survey I'd wanted to build all along. Top marks. So - speed, ease of use, richness of content.

Cons:

There's little missing. I just need to subscribe to get to some of the bits I really need. If my company wasn't a start-up I would subscribe to one of the reasonable packages in a hearbeat. One thing; the inability as a free user to see any of the survey answers until I reach a certain number of responses is very frustrating and - given that there are other limitations as a free user.. this could be waived maybe?

Alternatives Considered: SmartSurvey and SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Choosing SurveyLegend: SurveyLegend was far superior overall and initially allowed me to make the survey I needed, rather than the one SmartSurvey allowed.

Reasons for Switching to SurveyLegend: I found the options for creating the survey I wanted far richer and diverse, the UI was easier.

Mischa
Strategist in Canada
Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

Amazing product

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I love how customizable it is, it was really easy to use

Cons:

No cons, I liked everything that SurveyLegend offered.

Civil Engineering, 51–200 Employees

Review of Survey Legend

3.0 last month New

Pros:

It was great to be able to customise my own questions

Cons:

Not being able to access the full written answer

Angelina
Tour guide in Bulgaria
Hospitality, Self Employed

Easy, fast and good looking surveys

Pros:

It is so easy to make and customize surveys, giving them a unique look. It is by far the best survey making platform I have found and it comes with a ton of free options as well.

Cons:

Could be great to have some discounts for countries that have a lower GP per person

Andrew
Andrew
Marine Mammal Conservation Scientist in Canada
Environmental Services, Self Employed

Useful survey creation - limited free functionality

Comments: I'm trying to introduce social science and marketing techniques to biologists to help save the North Atlantic right whales, and I'm using the survey as part of this effort. It'll be useful, but could be more powerful with a few more back-end functionality.

Pros:

Creating a survey was super easy! Features and functions were intuitive to use.

Cons:

Free functionality isn't clear ahead of time. Yes, the number of responses is clear. However, the lack of access to individual responses or export for free accounts should either be made crystal clear up front, or (better still) limited access provided.

Alternatives Considered: SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Choosing SurveyLegend: More free responses per survey.

Switched From: SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Switching to SurveyLegend: Because I needed 50 responses or so from a survey. I didn't realise that I wouldn't be able to actually access the responses when they came in until it was already running.

Yelena
Communications Officer in France
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

The only tool that combines different types of questions and can embed images! I recommend

Comments: I've used it to create a survey and I've had great feedback on the SurveyLegend. The respondents were satsified with the tool and it was really simple to use!

Pros:

With SurveyLegend, it's possible to create great surveys with different types of questions. It's the only tool I've tested that allows you to include both rating questions with embedded images and comment fields. It's also great to see the look of your survey on different mobile devices (desktop version, mobile or tablet).

Cons:

So far I have not experienced anything that would make SurveyLegend less helpful to my use.

Alternatives Considered: Jotform

Reasons for Switching to SurveyLegend: It's the only tool that lets me integrate images, include a rating question type and open text boxes all at once.

Ian
Marketing in US
Financial Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Survey Legend Review

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Real-Time Analytics and Reporting: SurveyLegend provides robust real-time analytics and reporting tools. The ability to see responses as they come in and access detailed reports with visualizations makes it easier to analyze data and extract meaningful insights quickly.

Cons:

While SurveyLegend offers a free plan, it is quite limited in terms of features and functionality. Advanced features and more comprehensive customization options are locked behind the paid tiers, which may be a drawback for users with tight budgets or those wanting to fully explore the platform before committing financially.

Medical Devices, 11–50 Employees

Survey for Thesis

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Super easy, very customable and great to design just the way i need it

Cons:

Nothing special, just fits as it is. nothing negative to say

Liam
Liam
Digital Marketing Lead in UK
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Used for polling our social media posts

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Great pool tool to get data and interactions.

Cons:

Was limited within its features and UI capabilites.

Noreen
Consultant in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

A great tool for market reserach

Comments: So far, I cannot complain. It is excellent.

Pros:

This an excellent, intuitive tool with a lot of advanced features available.

Cons:

The matrix function could be made to be a bit easier to make every step of it as required.

Alternatives Considered: Typeform

Reasons for Choosing SurveyLegend: Surveymonkey was getting restrictive in its features.

Reasons for Switching to SurveyLegend: better tools and functionality

Charity Trustee in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Survey Legend is a great product and helped my small charity hugely

Comments: I wanted to quickly engage with our customer, and Survey Legend was so easy to use that I created and launched a survey in a couple of days. I was able to tweak the questions in real time which was really helpful too.

Pros:

The WYSIWYG design screen was easy to use, and the preview of the survey really helpful. The wide range of themes meant I could pick one that suited the impression I wanted to give. Real time statistics on completion meant I could track the roll out of the survey and keep my fellow trustees up to date with progress.

Cons:

I'd like to be able to use it for free for ever!

Alternatives Considered: Alchemer , Zoho Survey , Feedier and SurveyMonkey Audience

Reasons for Switching to SurveyLegend: The free option of Survey Legend offered unlimited results which none of the others did. The documentation on the home page was the easiest to understand.

Riza
Marketing Assistant in Philippines
Publishing, 51–200 Employees

Its not just a survey its a legend

Comments: SurveyLegend is helping us out with our Customer Relationship. We were able to understand what our clients need and be able to hear them out also. The SurveyLegend is so precise that we were able to know what area is more into this product. Really loved the segmentation aspect and trends.

Pros:

I like most about this software is the segmentation and being able to create a cool and easy survey for the customers. Its not just a survey it also captures the customers with its cool design and interactive survey format.

Cons:

I least like about the software is the price, its quite pricey but I know its for a good reason. With all of its beautiful formats.

Alternatives Considered: Typeform and Monkey Test It

Reasons for Choosing SurveyLegend: I was looking for a more precise or intensive apps that will benefit us more and make our life easier.

Switched From: Google Docs

Reasons for Switching to SurveyLegend: SurveyLegend is very intensive, the same with Typeform but what I like about SurveyLegend is its segmentation aspect and be able to provide a real time trend.

Olivia
student in Hong Kong

I'm working on a school project on how students treat their e-waste

Pros:

There are several features that I really enjoyed while using it. Firstly, the designs all look really nice. There are many different themes to choose from and all of them look wonderful. I can also set a front page to introduce myself and my work before people start doing the survey. It has made my survey look classy and appealing for others to do. Secondly, it's very easy and simple to create and use. Just drag your favourite style of question into the survey and you can simply edit with ease. There are also quite a lot of question types to choose, so it gives my survey more variety and fun to complete. Thirdly, it allows me to have unlimited questions. I really like this feature as it offers me an opportunity to develop my questions in depth and provides me a convenient platform to create something more academic to support my school project. Overall, it's a great experience to use this and I'm satisfied with the quality of my work.

Cons:

There are some features that I would like them to be included in the free version. Firstly, I think that the function of branching out is quite a common type of question and it would be great if I can use it. I have several questions that require this function, yet I was not able to use it for free so I had to change my plan. From this, I also hope that there is a function of labelling the questions in numbers so even if I couldn't use branching out, I can still ask my respondents to skip it themselves. Secondly, I hope that the results can be shown in an excel file, yet this feature is again only available in the pro version. I'm still a student and I don't have much money to afford this so if this feature is provided for me it would have been so much more efficient and convenient for me to analyse the data.

6 years ago

Hi Olivia, Thanks for taking the time to do such a detailed review, helping us and others really understand the value with SurveyLegend :) Glad the quality of work was good and that you got a lot out of SurveyLegend, we are honored we could help. All of your cons refer to features not being in the free plan and you being a student, but that's why we have a special price for student and educators see here: https://www.surveylegend.com/pricing-education/ We can't have a 100% free solution, if we did we would not be able to exist. That's why we take paid for professional features like the ones you mentioned. I hope my response makes things more clear and that the discounted price makes life easier for you and other students :) Best regards, Team SurveyLegend

Jack
Jack
Economist in Canada
Public Policy, 501–1,000 Employees

A Great Alternative

Comments: SurveyLegend seems like a great resource for my work committee to use for surveying our membership. Based on my experience running a test survey so far, I'll likely recommend the platform for the cost savings it offers over its competitors.

Pros:

First of all, this product is a great, cheaper alternative to more expensive platforms out there. The drag-and-drop features are great, and the site layout makes it very easy to create and review surveys. The steps to design and publish are very easy as well.

Cons:

For some reason, extra clicks are required to enter text while designing the survey. The free version (of course) lacks many features, but one of them seems to include reviewing any survey responses longer than a sentence or so. Many of the backgrounds and font choices are a bit amateur-ish as well, but it may just be an issue with the free version, again.

Alternatives Considered: SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Choosing SurveyLegend: Cost!

Switched From: SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Switching to SurveyLegend: Cost!

Débora
Débora
student in Portugal
Environmental Services, 10,000+ Employees

A big help for my thesis

Comments: I found it really easy to use and very complete with a lot of options. Will be using it in the future

Pros:

I have tried lots of platforms for surveys but none of them wore good enough for my study, so I did a google search for the best survey platforms and SurveyLegend was in one of the top spots! It was free so I tried it. BEST. DECISION. EVER. I LOVE how aesthetic it is, the diversity of options for every tip of question, and specialy the way it analysis the results. I can really see myself using this software for future studies!

Cons:

What I found kind of bad about the software was the fact that, in order to see the results from your survey you need to pay. Maybe have another way to get the results without paying or let the costumers know they will have to pay before they apply the survey, because for a student like me its not easy to have extra money for this kinds of stuff.

5 years ago

Hi Debora, Thanks for the great review, we love you back :) The free solution has data limitations and one of them is not being able to export the raw data. This we state on our pricing pages and our feature page, you must have missed them. Please see www.surveylegend.com/pricing/ and www.surveylegend.com/features/. We try to offer as much as we can for free like unlimited data collection, unlimited questions can be added... But some data view is only provided in the paid plan, to get the full data access you need a Pro plan or higher. We need to have paid features to exist and hope that the monthly fee is something you can afford, let me help you some more by providing a discount www.surveylegend.com/pricing-discount/ Best regards, Team SurveyLegend

KELSEY
Education & Outreach Specialist in US
Used the Software for: Not provided

I am loving the fun functionality of this!

Pros:

It is very intuitive offering drag and drop style design features. This product has such vibrant personality, I felt it could help in addressing the dry survey overload many folks experience that doesn't encourage deep engagement in the topic. While being funky and colorful, Survey Legend still offers professional evaluation options, making it a holistic survey platform~!

Cons:

Hmmmm... There really isn't anything that I don't like so far. I would have loved to have access right away to a free trial of full functionality to truly understand the platform's value right away. I think that would be strategic -- to offer 1 initial survey attempt at full capability and then require payment (or offer the option to submit reviews for extra time). Without this option it's difficult to get the whole picture perspective.

6 years ago

Hi Kelsey, Thanks for the great review, I hope others see your review :) We are glad you like our approach to survey, form and poll creation. We put a lot of time and energy on making sure our solution stays easy to use yet powerful and never ever becomes boring hehe. We prefer offering a forever free account and if paid features are needed we offer 3 paid plans that you can choose. We have a lot of members enjoying the forever free plan and we don't plan on changing it :) But thanks for your feedback. Best regards, Team SurveyLegend

Ritika
Ritika
Teacher in India
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Instant Quality Survey Form

Comments: Overall, It is an amazing app if you have to make survey forms again and again, than only you should buy it otherwise you can use the free one as It provides all the basic option for a good survey form. FOrm me it was a great investment as it worked very well and provided everything for a quality survey.

Pros:

I have to do surveys now and then to get the opinion of my colleagues. Survey Legends helps me to make interactive and fun survey forms which provide precise and in-depth analysis of the survey. It has a lot of features to customize every bit of survey forms, which helps me to make it accurately according to my needs.

Cons:

The free version is very restricted and does not have a lot of features. And you can use it for only 3 times. on the other hand paid version is very useful and feature packed.

Martín
PhD Candidate in US
Education Management, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Great survey manager

Comments: Good experience, but I might go back to other survey managers.

Pros:

I like how easy it is to construct new surveys, and to manage the answers you get from participants.

Cons:

I don't like that it took me a while to learn how to use it, because it is less straightforward and easy to use than other softwares.

Samuel
Finance Director in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

The Ideal Business Survey Software - Well Equipped

Comments: Using SurveyLegend for business surveys is easy and the software is effective

Pros:

Forms automation feature works seamlessly I like that it makes business surveys easy It makes polling and voting seamless.

Cons:

So far SurveyLegend has met our business needs and I would recommend it to other interested parties. It is a perfect solution

Bastian
Software Developer in Germany
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Fancy survey platform which could lower the entry barrier

Pros:

The user interface is really likable. It really tries to minimize the mental burden during the creation process of new surveys. Also, the detailed listing of the different plans is quite helpful.

Cons:

When it comes to inserting logic for conditional questions, the user interface again tries to ease the process with a graphical flow. However, I found the expressiveness of this logic quite limited. I am not quite sure, though, if this stems from my lack of experience with this tool or if this a real flaw. The biggest struggle I had with this tool was to find out which features would ultimately be useful and thus justify an license upgrade. Ideally, Surveylegend would offer a fully-featured demo version with limited results export or limited usage duration.

6 years ago

Hi Bastian, Thanks for the great review, we work hard on offering an easy to use yet powerful survey, form and poll solution. The logic flow is easy to use but it's limited if you have a free account, the system informs you if you exceeded the features of the free plan. Thanks once again for your feedback, it always listen to our legendary members and act :) Best regards, Team SurveyLegend

Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Review of Survey Legend

Comments: Overall good. But it shouldn't let you add an option for "Other" if it won't let you view the answers.

Pros:

I like the easy to move, easy to add boxes for each survey question. It's very easy to select which type of survey question it is, upload images, and move questions around.

Cons:

Deceptive tactics. There multiple choice option of "Other", which lets the survey-taker type in their own answer. Using the free version, I was able to add this in to a multiple choice question. But when I go now to view the responses, SurveyLegend tells me I can't view the individual responses without upgrading to a paid plan. NOW they tell me, after I've already sent out the survey to everyone. It allowed me to create an option for comments but won't let me view them. So now I have to email all my co-workers and ask them if they submitted a comment in "Other" and to just email it to me. Embarrassing.

5 years ago

Hi fellow Legend, Your review is appreciated, yes you can view all data in Live analytics, but other is hard to incorporate into the 'Live analytics' so it looked good and is usable. We move that to individual responses view and that view is not free. We explain about the other option and that it will not show in 'Live analytics', see here: https://www.surveylegend.com/user-guide/enable-other-choice/ We hope that using the survey solution, collecting all data and saving a lot of time is good enough to consider to upgrade. We do have monthly plans and you can upgrade and downgrade, this way only pay for one month and no more. Stay legendary, enjoy your week and weekend. Best regards, Team SurveyLegend

Michel Carlos
Tax Advisor Analyst in Poland
Capital Markets, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Great survey collection

Comments: Had a mindblowing experience with SurveyLegend so far.

Pros:

SurveyLegend is the number one survey collection software with a great reputation in the field of feedback collection.

Cons:

Don't find any fault in this outstanding survey and feedback collection software called SurveyLegend.

Mohd
student in Malaysia
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees

Very nice survey platform!

Comments: SurveyLegend give better experiences for me in helping me doing my research. So I do recommended students who need to do some survey on their research/thesis to use this platform because another platform strictly limited your question and respondents in free package. Besides, this platform will help you to reduce your expenses since they are kind enough to give Pro package for 3 weeks and you just need to write some review.

Pros:

I do like the survey legend because at the welcome page you can attach an image. Another platform does not provide me with this feature.

Cons:

Another platform provide user to see result on individual respond even though you cannot export it. So, I do like to have this feature even I am not export the result. Overall, the starter package is very good unless the features for see all individual result.

5 years ago

Hi Mohd, Thanks for the great review glad to hear we could help you during your research. We do our best in helping even if you can't afford to pay, that's why we provide a one time option where you give an honest review and in return, you get a one week upgrade to the Pro plan. Thanks once again we do appreciate it. Best regards, Team SurveyLegend

Corey
Research Assistant in US
Research, 501–1,000 Employees

Get's the job done and allows for aesthetic customization of surveys

Comments: Overall, I am a fan of SurveyLegend. It allows for great customization of surveys which leads to consistent results and happy participants.

Pros:

What I like most about SurveyLegend is that it allows for the aesthetic customizations of surveys that many other softwares do not. That is, the options and settings available to the user are fantastic and allow for almost complete customization to ensure that your survey looks exactly as it should. Live analytics are also a very nice feature.

Cons:

What I like least about this software is that it doesn't allow for the exportation of data unless you are on a monthly payment plan. Though this is a small point, it is still a con when I look at this SurveyLegend.

5 years ago

Hi Corey, You made our day :) thanks for the great review, we are honored to have a member like you. We do try to offer as much as we can for free, but exporting is not one of the features that's in the free plan. But you can if you like upgrade for one month and downgrade the same month, this way you only pay for that month and no more. Best regards, Team SurveyLegend