• Overall
    4.7/5
    4.7/5
    4.8/5

About Upwave

Upwave is a visual productivity platform that helps modern businesses thrive. Organize, plan, track, collaborate and get things done.

Learn more about Upwave

Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 26/02/2020

"Easy to use and powerful alternative for project managment & collaboration"

Comments: We use the product for day-to-day projects internally and towards clients across a wide variety of different project types. Upwave have preformed great in all areas where we have used it, and we are looking forward to the upcoming features as well.

Pros: The flexibility to create all the boards that you like, and the ability to combine custom rows and columns makes the tool flexible and clean. Also, some great templates add to the impression as well

Cons: The lack of a GANTT-chart option and a portfolio overview solution is kind of limiting, but I know the team is working on this.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 26/02/2020
Tom K.
Senior Manager
Banking, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/10/2019

"Maximum Collaboration "

Comments: Upwave became the one stop shop for collaboration and tracking progress on projects. Also, the customer service team has been very helpful, offering tips so we are able to maximize functionality and productivity.

Pros: Upwave has replaced all of our other organizational software tools, and it has become a center for continuous improvement and innovation. The clean interface promotes accountability and drives issue resolution. Also, it is the perfect tool for managing stakeholder engagement. There is never any confusion because of channels of communication. As a result, our project teams have become much more efficient and productive.

Cons: The customer service team at Upwave addressed any complaints I had, tailoring the software to meet the needs of our team.

• Reviewed on 28/10/2019
Harsha H.
Product
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2018

"Upwave is a project management tool that you probably don't need"

Pros: It offers a way to visualize your project progress in a really good manner.

Cons: The price you pay can be a really subjective matter especially if you are coming from the likes of basecamp to Upwave.

• Reviewed on 09/10/2018
Recruitment Solutions Consultant / Sales
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2019

"One of the most user friendly task management tools out there!"

Comments: We were looking for a tool to keep a track of all our tasks and the person responsible for them. Now we are on top of our delevirables and we can even estimate how much time a simillar task would take in the future.

Pros: The software is extremly easy to figure out and intuitive. Tasks can be assigned to an individual or to a team in a few clicks. Their neat UI with different color theme for tasks of different priority make it very easy to find the most pressing tasks first. We now have a much better idea of what our employees are spending their time on and their effeciency at completing tasks

Cons: The platform is quite simple and easy to use, and this is one of its strengths. However, it does lead to it missing out on features that are available with more established players like Asana.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2019
Daren R.
Snr Director
Fine Art, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/09/2018

"Great product. "

Comments: Manage development projects spanning iOS, server and web. Also use a board for hiring.

Pros: The interface is clear, versatile and doesn’t try to do too much. The recent templates were very useful. We use it to manage an iPhone app development and release along with hiring and some web development.

Cons: I’d like to use it at work but unlike competitors like Asana, UpWave isn’t know at all to IT so they are afraid of it. That’s not really a criticism of the software though. Sometimes I’d do ba a little more control, especially with comleteted tasks for managing up.

• Reviewed on 21/09/2018
Kevin L.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/11/2018

"UpWave is a better looking Trello"

Comments: UpWave is a solid contender to Trello, and the advantage I see is that UpWave can have the flexibility of having boards align any way you want, something that I found useful for having an important board. Notifications were solid on UpWave as well, giving me notifications within the app and to my e-mail. Would highly recommend UpWave to anyone looking for a Kanban type setup for their company's to-do management.

Pros: UpWave is a lot like trello and does it well when it comes to Kanban To-Do Boards. It's dead simple to use, just create a board(s) and then create tasks which are cards. Simply move them between the boards to track progress. The design of UpWave is super minimal, which is strikingly pleasant to look at if you're working within UpWave all throughout the day. Beyond the UX/UI and design, I really like how UpWave can align boards in whichever way you want, something that Trello does not have. You can align boards to the right and left, and also have one on the bottom, this might be useful for having eyes on a bug board, or support ticket board, or another board that should have all people have eyes on it throughout the day.

Cons: UpWave is super simple to use, and nothing to dislike.

• Reviewed on 07/11/2018
Tab B.
Father
Food Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2019

"Family Management 24/7"

Comments: Upwave allowed me to truly get a handle on being a father. It started simple as a way for me to plan our activities during my parental leave time alone with my child, but has since transformed as a visible and accountable cloud solution to allow both my wife and I to streamline and balance the many ad hoc tasks of parenting.

Pros: All the templates. I've been a project manager professionally for many years, but as I now apply these same tactics to the ultimate project of rearing children, the plethora of templates I know (and especially those I don't) challenge me to consider different approaches.

Cons: While board management ended up being intuitive, I wish I had just gone through the Welcome Board as suggested from the get go. But instead my proud self wanted to figure it out on my own. I guess this isn't so much of a con, but maybe the Welcome Board should almost be required in some way for your first workspace to really allow users to ramp up.

• Reviewed on 21/11/2019
Jayesh S.
Senior Software Developer
Information Services, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/11/2018

"Flexibile & Easy to use and also fits your processes"

Comments: I just love this software, I give me clear picture to manage my any project.
I just feel free after all my task & project in it.
I can easily track my project and work according to set timeline.

Pros: Easy to use, easy to manage your project as well as team.
All the things that you want is provide by this software.
Can easily manage & track your project work as well as you can track your team members task process.
and its card(task) movable features is just amazing, you can easily process your task from one to next level.
all the history is completely and clearly can viewed using this software.

Cons: Talking about the least like about this software,
When you set the due date for your task whatever you time you choose it is always showing its default time 12:00 AM, due to that we can not manage what is the actual time we spent in that particular through out the process flow of your project.

• Reviewed on 30/11/2018
Will C.
Editor
Publishing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2019

"KEEP UP the FANTASTIC work"

Comments: Absolutely essential. It has allowed me to save and manage my time and to take a step back to see the larger picture behind each project I take on. It works seamlessly, and it impresses everyone whom I introduce to it, which even makes me look smart! At this point, I could never go back to working without it.

Pros: As an editor for online and print publications, Upwave is fast becoming essential for our team. Not only does it give me a unique overview like nothing I've used before, Upwave has also structured our tasks and projects, provided me with a clear head, especially when under tight deadlines, and it has helped me delegate tasks to my writers, editors and design team. Above all, Upwave has improved my collaboration with my colleagues--something that is absolutely essential and priceless in our digital age. My sincere thanks to all who are behind this.

Cons: That more people don't know about it and use it in my profession. Spread the word!

• Reviewed on 06/11/2019
Jamie P.
Psychologist
Mental Health Care, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2019

"Organizing my life with ease"

Pros: I love the user-friendly nature of the platform and organizational flow. Multiple boards are very useful and help me with prioritizing many tasks and roles, as well as delegating tasks to students and teammates.

Cons: There are no real concerns at this time. I briefly had connection issues but this was promptly resolved by the team.

• Reviewed on 27/11/2019
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2019

"A great solution for task management "

Comments: Nothing but good. All systems have their issues however they fix them in a timely manner.

Pros: It's fast, easy to use and rather scale-able. The system supports multiple languages of which is quite important for a global team and the level of product support provided in my experience is unparalleled compared against other solutions of this nature.

Cons: It has been a rough few years as it has developed. There are/have been a few bugs along the way however when reported get resolved rather quickly.

• Reviewed on 19/03/2019
Raffaele B.
Printing, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2018

"Amazing"

Comments: We write very few emails (less to print is better also for environment), we use it as a sort of chat so every communication is very quick. We have a general control of the production at at glance even when outside or no at the office.

Pros: I looked for softwares to take production sites under control; write less emails; have a board where everyone could add ideas but also troubles faced at work... I found everything on UpWave; then let me say something about customer service: they are so kind and ready to solve every trouble we met.

Cons: Seriously,NOTHING! Every time I had a problem I wrote to customer service and they solved it quickly

• Reviewed on 02/10/2018
Michel B.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2017

"Use with customer in agile business project"

Comments: Easy and effective way to manage projects

Pros: Simplicity. Fit exactly to my need: a simple and effective To Do / Work in Progress / Done tool.
It's the equivalent of the board used in Manufacturing or in IT in Agile projects. I can do business reviews and advancement plan with my customer wherever I am.

Cons: No apps on a smartphone, but it's OK via a web browser. Seems to simple at the very beginning, but it's a strength in fact.

Sandra G.
Executive Assistant
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2018

"Very User Friendly"

Comments: Ever since I've been trained on how to use UpWave properly, I feel way more organized, I can tackle my days with clarity and they are much more productive.

Pros: I love the ability to connect my google calendar and schedule my tasks within upwave. I also love the 'My Cards' view where I can see only my cards in a calendar view.

Cons: I wish there was the ability to prioritize the cards in the my cards/calendar view. There is also a glitch when I type in the task on the card. If I don't put my cursor to the end of the text and hit enter, the task will only show text up to where I put my cursor. For example, if the task is 'Check email' if I leave my cursor after the work 'Check' and hit enter to close the card, I only see the word 'Check'

• Reviewed on 12/10/2018
Paul V.
Engineering Consultant
Biotechnology, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2017

"The work organization tool I always wanted"

Comments: I was using Symphonical a while ago, then Upwave was launched and took it to a whole new level! Since I've started using Upwave, my entire company has started using it as our main task management and planning tool. I have basically zero problems with it. There was one time I found a bug - I let them know and it was fixed within two days, fantastic! And the price is completely worth the price.

Pros: Versatility, you get to choose how to set it up. Teamwork capabilities, assigning things to other people, comments to communicate. Setting due dates and seeing a personal agenda.

Cons: Uhhh...Ok if I have to say one thing, when you double click a card on your weekly agenda, it opens in the board where that card lives instead of right on the agenda.

• Reviewed on 10/03/2017
Lorenzo E.
Programmer
  • Reviewed on 24/02/2017

"Great Organizational Software with room for growth"

Comments: I've been using UpWave for a little more than a month now and I have to say, it's great! There are a few improvements that I'd like to have myself: -Having assigned cards show up in my personal board, rather than having to manually copy it from the source board. My coworkers assign me tasks from their board but it's a pain to manually copy it over to mine so I can have everything in one place (unless I'm unaware of some functionality of course!)
-Assigned cards showing up on a separate screen. This is just a personal gripe, but I want that "due date" feature on the assigned cards board to show up on the same screen as my board. Maybe a pull out menu or something. I don't like having two upwave tabs open, one to view all of my notes and cards on my board and the other to view my assigned cards and due dates for the day/week.
Other than that, there's a wide selection of customization options similar to Google Keep, but what separates UpWave is its focus on collaboration. It's very easy to get things done within your group when you know what to do, and it's very easy to get someone to finish a task when you know who's doing them!

Pros: Collaboration functionalities and ease of use

Cons: Just a few personal gripes with assigned cards

• Reviewed on 24/02/2017
Raffaele B.
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2017

"Very very happy. I avoided buying a software from a software company as upwave is very simple."

Pros: Very easy. Helps you to develop your ideas in a very simple way. There are infinite ways to personalize the dashboard

Cons: The only difficulties I found is when you have to cancel a dashboard. There should be something like a flag to choose the items and finally cancel or modify them.

Trent J.
Service mechanic
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/02/2017

"Makes service calls much easier"

Comments: Upwave has helped make my day so much easier. There is no longer a need to call back and forth for each incoming service call, and no need to write everything down. All the calls are neatly stored with all the info related to them. I know the priority of each call, and their history. Upwave saves time not only on my end, but also with my office. I just can't imagine work without it anymore.

Pros: The ease of use and consistency. Always works properly to have easy access to my workload and everything related to each call.

Cons: Wish that it would store calls for longer after they are completed, just for future reference.

• Reviewed on 03/02/2017
Adela P.
Senior Purchasing Specialist
Logistics & Supply Chain, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2017

"Time Management app you need"

Comments: I am using the app now for over 1,5 years. Its easy to use tool to manage your time and tasks no matter if solo or in a team. Interface is really easy to use, weekly reports helps you a lot to push your weekly performance. I only give 3 stars in features, because I miss the android /iOs app.

Pros: Easy to use, available as google addon.

Cons: I lack the android, iOs app

• Reviewed on 22/02/2017
Tushar S.
Sr. Software Developer
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2018

"likely to use bcz every task and ticket maintain and trcking easily"

Comments: benefits is higher level authority and senior easily know which person work on which task or ticket

Pros: i likely to generate ticket also maintain ticket completion time and Track easily which stage ticket is process and how much time and what issue we get it.

Cons: in this the when we working on one ticket then we forward to other user then they are some complected and confusing .

• Reviewed on 22/02/2018
Meghan M.
Devloper
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2017

"best good for The Easy task"

Comments: more benefits good To handle task For The Grate to Use It

Pros: this easy to handle workload and so The task list in specific date and day to day list generate For The Work easy understand for The use it

Cons: Handel card and easy to saw The List For The Working Condition For Day to day good For The Multitasking for The easy

Hans kristian G.
  • Reviewed on 12/05/2017

"Great agile tool for teams"

Pros: User experience. Ease of adding external collaborators. Stability of the system. Responsiveness of the team

Cons: I have no real problems with the software really. It fits the needs of a distributed team quite nicely. As a quite horizontal tool it may be lacking in some respects if you have specific domain needs

Marius H.
Talentutvikler
  • Reviewed on 11/05/2017

"Easy and practical. Works great "

Pros: I like the function that silences it in certain times. And how perfectly it works with groups, private groups and private chat. Use it for all my gadgets.

Cons: That i have to almost touch message to mark it as read. Sending video isnt that well supported, so i guess that could be a lot better.

• Reviewed on 11/05/2017
Ganpat L.
Software developer
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2017

"Its very good experience work with upwave. Easy to work with this and good customer support. "

Comments: Team management, Work management

Pros: Speed and design part working with this software and easy to use and maintain task with this software.

Cons: feature of this product like workload maintain user wise. connect with each other other staff for timely manner

William D.
Design
Shipbuilding, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/05/2017

" My experience on this program is very wide since we use the program all the jones with my colleague"

Comments: Time Time Time :-)

Pros: The thing I like most about this program is the design, very intuitive and functional .. Cute !!!

Cons: What I like less than the program and the possibility of not slicing and printing the pages as they are seen on the software