15 years helping British businesses

About Flipdish

Built by QSR owners who know exactly what you need, Flipdish POS is used by thousands of restaurants and takeaways around the world.

Learn more about Flipdish

Pros:

It’s a simple device to use, very straightforward, easy to set up , and it’s value for money.

Cons:

No count system as of yet (was told that it was in the works).

Flipdish ratings

4.9
4.9
4.7
4.8

9.3/10

Flipdish has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars based on 116 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Flipdish before?

Luca
Luca
Store Manager in Ireland

Second to none customer experience. Amazing app functionality and fantastic user dashboard for data.

Comments: There are many benefits to this software that all add up. A huge benefit is having customers create their own orders and thus eliminating human error of missing items over the phone or incorrect special requests. The orders come in quickly, in an easy to read format reducing the time of taking an order over the phone from minutes to seconds. As a result we can also use codes for discounts and promotions, deliver them straight to the customers phone and even give special vouchers for free meals. This app now allows you to advertise to your customers without leaving the business to deliver leaflets, and without worrying will Facebook show all my page followers my post. The benefit of allowing card payments is also one to note as it reduces cash in store which in tern can speed up customer service as the payment process in store is removed and the customer simply walks in and walks out.

Pros:

What I love most about this software is a draw between two of its functionalities. As an app for users, its extremely easy to use interface can be priceless attracting new customers who may be weary of this type of technology. Everything about it's order process instills confidence that the order has been sent and the process went smoothly. The second functionality is the data dashboard for us as owners. To put it simply it removes all guess work behind the typical question of what drives our sales. It's presented as both easy to read graphs and also in a downloadable format for those who wish to run excel sheets. You'll soon find out your truly most profitable items, events, delivery locations, even hour of the day.

Cons:

Having been with Flipdish very early on, I've never once had an instance where I thought to myself "I don't like this".

6 years ago

Hi Luca, Good to hear all is going well. Thanks for the feedback.Kind Regards, Conor, CEO @ Flipdish

RUTH
Accounts in Ireland

I find Flipdish to be a great company with excellent customer service

Pros:

The software is very user friendly and easy to navigate. I like that I can reconcile the daily reports to our shop sales for the accounts. The software allows me to have a good overview of the sales per our stores on a daily basis which is important for my accounts reconciliations. The reports also help to look at key trends in the order history. The reports show individual shop sales separately which is very useful. If I have any problems or queries with the software, the customer service team are excellent and always respond back to my queries promptly. The customer service follow through is excellent and the team are always friendly and helpful.

Cons:

I generally don't have any major issues with using the software. Overall, I find it to be very user friendly and good to use. What I like least about the software is the large size of the excel export files on the back office. The CSV export file can be quite large with a lot of columns and data that I don't use. This can sometimes be cumbersome to filter and sort to get the information out that I may need for reconciliation purposes. This is the only negative that I have on the usability of the software and the export reports.

6 years ago

Hi Ruth, Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review of Flipdish. It's terrific to read how powerful you find the reporting functionality to be for Bombay Pantry, allowing you to view sales by stores and key trends in order history. Thanks for sharing your feedback, it is constructive feedback like this which helps us to continue to improve for our customers. We are planning many updates to our reporting this year which we think will continue to add value for you. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Best wishes, Heather Customer Success @ Flipdish

Restaurants, 11–50 Employees

Stay well clear of these scoundrels!

Comments: My advice stay well clear from this company called “Flipdish” Completely destroyed our established restaurant, nothing works seamlessly as they promised before signing up.
No one takes responsibility and you’ll have to deal with all their technical issues yourself, Such a stressful experience, wish I had never signed up.
I had to just quit after investing in their start up fees and overpaying paying for tablets and printers, I had been dragged along for over two months with lies, what a relief to leave Flipdish.

Mark
president in Canada

Great Product to ween away from Third Party Services

Pros:

What I love about this product is its user friendly portal and customer insights. The tools Flipdish offers allows companies to understand customers analytics. Flipdish staff very knowledgeable on various promotions/campaigns a restauranteur can offer. The customer retention as well as the push notifications for customers is an ingenious way of converting customers back from third-party services. And lastly, but most importantly, partnering with flipdish allows a restaurant access to one of the most important parts of any business: Customer data Yes - you read that part correctly. You have access to your customer data for your own marketing No longer do you need to depend on third party services (uber, doordash, etc) who "claim" to extend your reach to new customers.

Cons:

There is nothing I can say that is negative about this company, nor its services

4 years ago

Hi Mark, thank you for your 5 star review! It's awesome to hear you're finding Flipdish a great product to ween away from third party services - we've helped so many of our customers all over the world do this. Our knowledgeable staff are certainly a key part to helping you realise that goal. We look forward to continued success together. Regards, James, Co-Founder @ Flipdish

annamaria
Manager in Ireland
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

APP online ordering

Comments: Professional. Would like more feedback on the current negotiations of fees and charges. Tablet version of the terminal would be more ideal!

Pros:

Its a stand alone APP linked to website online ordering. Customer friendly and operational friendly. Once its plugged in and broadband working it runs smoothly. Allowed make changes by emailing or calling customer care. Up to date technology for customer and user satisfaction.

Cons:

Unable to make changes through portal access. Unable to upload images from back office. Integration is all at a cost. Commission rates should be more competitive.

Jade
Jade
Fresh Food Manager in Ireland
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

Great software and great company to work with!

Pros:

Integrates with your business so that the customer doesn't feel as though they are using a third party app. The online portal provides really helpful insights and breakdowns allowing you to see customer trends. The customer service from Flipdish is outstanding. Nothing is ever too much trouble and they work with you to ensure you are getting the best from the software capabilities.

Cons:

Nothing I can think of as the guys are only ever a phonecall/email away and are more that happy to help.

4 years ago

Thank you for your feedback Jade we are happy to support your business and we truly value our partnership. Luis Martinez

Very good from start to finish.All people within the company are very customer focussed

Pros:

With more and more of our customers looking to order for delivery and with the explosion of smartphone us we felt Flipdish are the perfect partner for us.The software is very easy to use and the customer service is the best ive ever recieved by any company

Cons:

To be honest i cant say that i dislike any part of the sotware , it all very user friendly with a gtreat interface

6 years ago

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. I am pleased to hear such encouraging comments about the software and customer service and Flipdish in general. We do try hard and it's always nice when customers notice our efforts. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Best wishes, Heather Customer Success @ Flipdish

Food & Beverages, 51–200 Employees

Very end user friendly, professional service, great product.

Comments: Push notifications direct to our customers, measurable loyalty program,
Happier customers with easy to use - two touch ordering.

Pros:

Quick and easy to use. Two touch ordering, for end user. Geo location make it simple and easy to identify the closest shop to order from. Integrated processing with POS so dockets print directly into kitchen avoid double entry or keying mistakes. Loyalty program and push notifications direct to customers.

Cons:

More reporting functionality, with easy to use customisible reports, ability to compare different locations on the one report.

6 years ago

Hello, Thank you for your wonderful review! I'm delighted to read that both you and your end customers find the Flipdish online ordering platform so simple and easy to use. And we love that Flipdish has meant happier customers! I completely understand why you'd want more reporting functionality, and I have passed on your suggestions to our product team. Feel free to reach out to me directly if you ever have any additional comments on [email protected] Thanks again for your feedback Best, Heather Customer Success @ Flipdish

Financial Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Super quick and very easy to use

Pros:

Very easy to use and get used to. The software is also very responsive and all our staff members are happy.

Cons:

We didn't come across anything bad so far. The only thing is the machine would sometimes loose the signal and the order wouldn't come through right away .

6 years ago

Hi, Thank you for your wonderful feedback on Flipdish. We are delighted to hear you find the software to be very easy to use, and that is making your staff members very happy! That should not happen that the machine would sometimes loose the signal, please do get in touch with our customer support team on [email protected] who can help troubleshoot this for you. We look forward to hearing from you. Best, Heather Customer Success @ Flipdish

Paul
Paul
Operations & HR Manager in Ireland
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

Great service and always about continuous improvement

Comments: Brilliant, very cooperative, full of continuous improvement projects and excellent customer care

Pros:

Ease of use and customization, always improving and adjusting to customer needs, very user friendly

Cons:

Only few unexpected crashes historically but resolved quickly and not ongoing

5 years ago

Thank you for your kind review Paul! We are delighted to help you and your team and are so glad that you find our software user-friendly! Thank you, Flipdish Customer Success Team.

Faye
restaurant owner in Ireland

Great staff support, and very efficient

Pros:

The the online order menu is very friendly and easy to use, staff support team are also very sufficient, and friendly

Cons:

the only thing is the print out from the machine is a bit hard to read in the kitchen, i guess its not really software's fault

6 years ago

Hello Faye, Thank you for your great review of Flipdish! It was terrific to hear how Flipdish makes online ordering so easy, and that your experience with our customer support team has been so positive. We are always trying to improve, so please share your ideas on how we can make the print out better? Please email your suggestions to me directly at [email protected] If I can help with anything else, just let me know. Thanks, Heather Customer Success @ Flipdish

Jim
Restaurant owner in Ireland
Restaurants, 2–10 Employees

Excellent

Comments: It has brought me more buisness and a new customer basis

Pros:

Its very easy to use and anybody can work with it, its not expensive for what your getting in value and im really happy with it

Cons:

Their is absolutely nothing not to like about this software its so good and eady to use its great value for money

6 years ago

Hi Jim, thanks a million for your fantastic review. I'm thrilled to hear how happy you are with Flipdish's online ordering for your takeaways, and how it has brought you more business and new customers! We're delighted to be helping you grow your business. Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with! Thanks, Heather Customer Success @ Flipdish

Jennifer
Digital Multimedia Manager in US
Food & Beverages, 51–200 Employees

FlipDish is great with Squirrel

Comments: Everyone is super friendly, patient, helpful and prompt. I'm very glad we decided to move forward with a company that treats us the way they want to be treated.

Pros:

Ease of use! Everyone who has learned about it so far has had an easy time figuring out how things work. Our workers really love how they can customize it so that it easily communicates what they want the customer to see.

Cons:

No count system as of yet (was told that it was in the works). Super excited for that. Also, since we're a restaurant, we wish there was a way to have the sides to be able to be reused for dishes that we have. It can be a little tedious to re-type everything for all the plates that our restaurant has to offer. An example would be that we have a Barbecue Chicken plate that has two sides that it comes with which are white or brown rice and green salad or macaroni salad. Majority of our plates do have the option to choose those sides and would like to be able to maybe click and drag it in those options instead of having to re-type it in.

Angela
Owner/Manager in Ireland
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

Very efficient, easy to use, Very Helpful, Saves Time in Shop, Very User Friendly.

Comments: Free up staff time in shop on phone, bring responsibility to Customer if wrong thing is order. More Professional, more customers, more up date,

Pros:

Very easy to download, very easy to use, Saves time, Customer gets to view full menu, puts ideas into Customer Head, very professional.

Cons:

That you have to repeat inputting address into Customer details each time you want to order. and text for printing too small on the order is very hard to read. Wish there was more marketing backup.

6 years ago

Hello Angela. Thanks for the 5 star review. Glad to hear you're getting so many benefits from Flipdish, both in store and for your customers. We're planning to add more marketing backup, good to know there is an interest for this. Kind regards, Conor CEO @ Flipdish

Tom
Events & Projects in Ireland
Restaurants, 51–200 Employees

Flipdish itself delivers above and beyond the call of duty

Comments: The Flipdish team makes it perfectly clear from the outset that they take full control of set-up. From first contact we have been hugely supported. We were immediately allocated a Sales Contact, then a Sales & Project Manager and now have a dedicated Customer Success Manager. All have a complete 'can do' approach. Nothing is too much to ask. We had been working on the project for some time with a target launch date, however when world circumstances changed and we needed to 'get going yesterday' Team Flipdish jumped into action to meet our new 'immediate' launch requirement.

Pros:

For a first time online retail experience, Flipdish was an effort-less add-on to our revenue streams. The integration with our point-of-sale system, the ease of 'loading' our menu content and the 'fields' to convey information to the customer are simplicity at it's best. Our finance department was satisfied with the reporting tools and the ease of the payment method integration.

Cons:

So far each and every requirement seems to be well covered.

Ali
Computing Consultant in UK

Excellent

Pros:

admin panel and control over customers and sales

Cons:

There is nothing the I can thinks about

5 years ago

Hi Ali, We are so happy to see this review and we are delighted that we can help you gain control of your own customers and sales! Wish you continued success! Thank you. Flipdish Customer Success

Mauro
Director in UK

Flipdish_Review

Comments: I’ve been with Flipdish almost a year now and everything has been great .. menu and price changes are just an email away the team at Flipdish are great to deal with and positive feedback from customers using the app.

Pros:

Software to someone like me who is not an expert is very easy to use

Cons:

No cons whatsoever I’ve used different software in the past and this by far is the easiest to use

5 years ago

Hi Mauro, Thank you for your 5 star review. Great to hear that our software is so easy to use, and you've been getting such positive feedback from your customers. We look forward to continuing to work together. Best, James, Founder @ Flipdish

Aashim
Managing Director in Ireland
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Excellent app

Comments: Very satisfied

Pros:

Very easy to use and customer service is amazing

Cons:

There is nothing which I don’t like . Very happy with Flipdish

Julette
Manager Restaurant in Ireland

Very happy. efficient team, quick response rate, easy to set up.

Pros:

Both my staff and customers enjoy the ease of use of Flipdish, plus they have great customer service when we do have a question

Cons:

I don't have anything bad to say about Flipdish, although for the size of the print on the print out. I would like the font to be bigger

6 years ago

Hi Julette, That's great to hear both your staff and customers at Den Joes Killarney find Flipdish so easy to use. Amazing! Appreciate your business, if you need anything from us let me know. Chelsea Customer Success @ Flipdish

Tom
Owner in Ireland

Review

Pros:

Easy to use adaptable Customer friendly

Cons:

The printer alarm Noise Little one dimensional

4 years ago

Hi Tom, thank you for the 5 star review. Delighted to hear you find the system easy to use - that's what we strive for. If we can help further, please let us know. Best, Heather, Global Head of Customer Success @ Flipdish

Kate
Owner in Ireland

my flipdish app has just made ordering for my customers so much easier!

Comments: Too many to list

Pros:

I like that I get emails to notify me if orders have come in, so I don't miss orders even when I'm out on the road.

Cons:

There is nothing really , the only small thing I would say is it would be handy if you could update delivery & collection in one go but other than that I'm finding the system a great asset to my company

6 years ago

Hi - thanks for your 5 star review :) You've a very nice business built up, well done! James Co-Founder @ Flipdish

Rafael Samir
Sushi delivery in Ireland
Food Production, Self Employed

Good service

Comments: More customers and facilities on ordering!

Pros:

Easy to use, customers liked it

Cons:

I am not able to change the opening and closing time by myself

5 years ago

Hi Rafael, great to hear that Flipdish has meant more customers for you. You are now able to change the opening and closing times by yourself in our new online portal - Chelsea from our customer success team will be in touch to show you how. Look forward to continuing to work together. Best, Heather, Head of Customer Success @ Flipdish

Aurelio
Director in Ireland

My experience

Comments: Overall 7 out of 10 happy.

Pros:

Easy to use, customers happy. Happy to be able to add images

Cons:

The inability to put on hold certain products and have them be on hold wherever there present. Also portal very buggy, very annoying.

Hugh
Director in Ireland

Very easy to use for both customer and restaurant. Great support for menu changes and very prompt.

Pros:

Great customer support. Very fast at menu changes etc.... So easy to use for customers and administrators

Cons:

There's nothing really that displeases me about the software. I think it's great. If I was forced to pick a con., maybe a reduction in fees.

6 years ago

Hi Hugh, Good to hear all is going well. Thanks for the feedback.Kind Regards, Conor, CEO @ Flipdish

Clare
Clare
Operations Support Manager in Ireland

Excellent customer service

Comments: Have had no major issues with flipdish at all. Nothing that we don't like. We are very happy. Thank you.

Pros:

Everything is done so the customer has an effortless and simple experience. Requires less clicks from order to completion. Excellent back of house to look up customer orders etc.

6 years ago

Hi Clare, Thank you for sharing your experience with Flipdish. Our online ordering system is designed to be the most user friendly on the market, so it's wonderful we hear that your customers find ordering an effortless and simple experience. And we are always happy to look after the Base WFP team with excellent customer service. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Best, Heather Customer Success @ Flipdish