Filter by:

• Overall

About bob

bob is a people management platform that helps forward-thinking businesses bring out the best in their employees.

Learn more about bob

Vilius Č.
Vilius Č.
Head of Organizational Development
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2019

"Great all-around people management software"

Pros: bob team is extremely agile and receptive to feedback. New features are pushed frequently and we feel heard when talking to the client service.

Cons: Most definitely the application's speed. It's sluggish, and the login takes forever.

Alternatives Considered: Sage HRMS, Namely, BambooHR, Zoho People, Podio and Workday HCM

Reasons for Switching to bob: bob seemed to have the best balance between customizability and provided/fixed frameworks of people management.

Martyna J.
People Experience Specialist
Medical Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2019

"Review of HiBob"

Comments: Bob has become our main HR system and allows us to track all the absences and employee information. We also use it as a base for the monthly payroll and use various reports. Bob provides a good onboarding experience for the new starters and allows employees to bond over some additional, fun information such as hobbies, food preferences, superpowers etc.

Pros: Very easy to use, helpful and quick customer support and account management, user-friendly layout.

Cons: Sometimes there can be limited functionality - examples include not being able to amend the automatic responses (onboarding) or adjusting holidays for part-timers.

• Reviewed on 18/11/2019
Natasha A.
Marketing manager
  • Reviewed on 09/08/2021

"Easy to use"

Comments: Overal I enjoy the ease of use, and simplicity of the platform

Pros: Convenient for updating time sheets, storing documents, requesting sick and vacation days.

Cons: I haven't explored the platform enough to find something I don't like.

• Reviewed on 09/08/2021
Office Manager, HR Advisor & EA to CEO and Founders
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/07/2018

"the live chat team are amazing! so helpful and happy to work out a solution to any awkward query"

Comments: having all personnel info for our global team in one easy to use place

Pros: How flexible it is, so many things are adaptable in the platform. Which is so useful for a company that have a high combination of full time, part time, perm, and contract staff.

Cons: how fiddly it is get something set up. But I totally understand why this is important to allow the wide flex the platform has.

• Reviewed on 11/07/2018
Diana S.
HR Director
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2019

"A good and practical HR solution"

Comments: I am very pleased with the software, it was the best balance I could find as a HRMS tool, as I was looking for an end to end HR solution suitabble for a medium sized business!

Pros: It`s dynamic, it`s catchy (beautiful UI) and the product is constantly improving!

Cons: the functionalities that represent learning and development, training area, talent management and succession planning are currently missing

Ruby T.

- Great customer support
- Reporting functionality
- Shoutout feature
- Slack integration

Cons: It would be great if individual performance reviews could be downloaded with all peer review and manager feedback together, but this is something really minor.

• Reviewed on 04/11/2019
Charlotte B.
Office manager
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2018

"Their customer service is on point at all time and never had a problem they couldn't solve."

Comments: I have an overlook on our employees, their data and easy to find info quickly. I would recommend this product.

Pros: Their customer service, great team, good new features etc They follow up on problems that occured to see that it's resolved and they have gone way on beyond to find solutions for our needs.

Cons: It's sometimes a bit over complicated to find things and the people list is lagging, The price might not justify how we use it but that doesnt mean other companies use it fully to its capacity.

Claudia O.
People Operations
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2018

"Amazing customer service"

Pros: Easy to use product with excellent export functionality. The best customer service of any software we use.

Cons: It would be great to have more customisation, however the team are very quick to respond to our feedback!

• Reviewed on 08/05/2018
Tory P.
People Operations
  • Reviewed on 09/09/2021

"An HRIS that does it all and then some!"

Comments: Great all around HRIS. I would and have recommended to others.

Pros: Bob is intuitive, easy to use and gets ahead with all its features. It's not only an employee data management software, it's a one-stop-shop for all-things-employee lifecycle (performance, surveys, compensation, org charting, reporting, etc.). Employees love to use it because it provides value to them outside of simply storing their data with things like shout-outs, company announcements, clubs, interests, demographics, etc. It's also very beautiful to look at!

Cons: Hard to pick something to dislike. I will say that sometimes it takes longer to hear back from chat support. I wish they had an implementation team or person to work with you to set the tech up appropriately according to your use case. The implementation is very self-lead, and for someone that is maybe the only person in their department, this can be overwhelming if you can't find the time to dedicate to it. Other than that, I'm very happy with the software and each team member I've had the pleasure of chatting to has been more than helpful and lovely.

• Reviewed on 09/09/2021
Kate J.
People & Office Manager
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2018

"Easy to use. Comprehensive. Great support. Feedback is acted on. Know you are valued as a client."

Pros: Being able to feedback and see your feedback quickly acted on influencing the growth of the product. You feel valued and part of the journey. I am a 1 person HR/office team helping out a small finance team for a company of 50 and this software has saved me hours of time and stress. I am not even using it to its full potential yet due to finite time. It has also helped give power to employees where as an example they can see their annual leave so I don't have to keep spreadsheets and constantly update individuals. It is just their. Managers can see their teams, Org charts are great. adding photos so people can see who's who in a growing team and that is just the very tip of the iceberg that is bob. Fantastic.

Cons: The performance review section. I know when bob developed it they developed a product I was super excited about and holding out for. They, as any business would do, sought feedback and ended up releasing a much lighter touch performance review section based on the feedback. As a result I am going to use another platform which is more suited to my companies needs. However I am sure it will be a very suitable process for many companies, as their own research shows.

• Reviewed on 10/05/2018
Marina K.
HR Admin
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2017

"Great level of services first of all and beautiful easy to use product!"

Comments: I really enjoyed using this product. My employees were quite engaged in using this and it has truly improved company culture.

Pros: You can easily customize the product to your needs, really easy to on board and to use and most important to me my employees really use that, great design web and mobile.

Cons: very young company , needs to see what happens in time. they dont have many global companies and US services isnt ready yet.

by Hibob on 26/06/2017

Thank you so much for your great review of HiBob. We look forward to growing and are glad our product could benefit your company culture! Please continue to keep in contact if there is anything we can do to help.

• Reviewed on 25/06/2017
HR Operations specialist
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2018

"Bob is a really great, user friendly platform. It is very intuitive."

Pros: I believe that the greatest thing is how easy it is to use this platform. All sections are well organised and even when you think you don't know where to find something there is a great support team which will immediately help you find everything you need. The best section which really helps with my work is "Workflows". I love it!

Cons: Even though reports section gives you many reports to choose from, sometimes I still find myself in need of some more reports, like turn-over and etc. It would be great if in documents section there would be a possibility to download a reports as well.

Bethan J.
Finance Associate
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/07/2018

"Overall good and easy to use."

Pros: Time Off - its great that you can add holiday types, the visibility is really useful and great integration with Slack

Cons: The filing of documents is difficult, and doesn't link to individual profiles
Making custom surveys would be really useful too
When we signed up for the software we intended to manage staff benefits through the platform, this has since become unavailable which is a major downside.

Surbhi G.
Group HR Manager
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2017

"Excellent Product and Service!"

Comments: Fits in my HR needs for our growing business.

Pros: Fabulous Team! Tech team makes every effort to accommodate my fancy requests. The product itself works like an HR Assistant to me. Love it!

Cons: Haven't come across something until now. Maybe will never!
I think the product is more suitable for growing businesses of size 150 employees and above.

• Reviewed on 31/07/2017
Lottie M.
  • Reviewed on 05/10/2016

"Hibob review"

Comments: I have had a fantastic experience with bob so far. It allows me to keep everything in one place so I am not using multiple Excel sheets and staff information can be kept up to date very easily. I can also create reports at the touch of a button and export everything without trouble. Hibob's user interface is extremely slick and good to look at. I can even group staff together according to their hobbies and tastes - fantastic!

by Hibob on 05/10/2016

Thanks for the feedback, Lottie. Glad you find creating reports so easy. We know that's important to most of our clients.

• Reviewed on 05/10/2016
Georgia P.
HR Assistant
Media Production, 51-200 Employees

"My experience"

Comments: Much better than the old system, generally really happy with it.

Pros: Relatively easy to use, clear layout, good support team

Cons: Lack of options for shift patterns, still have a few problems occuring

Mats S.
Mats S.
People & Culture Manager
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2019

"Great product"

Comments: Excellent implementation and easy to get the users engaged. Creates al ot of values for us.

Pros: Employee-data management with modern API´s and much functions connected to engagement and employeer branding. The employee is in focus, not the admin department.

Cons: The product is still developing. It is a pro and a con at the same time. We missed some features in the beginning but new functions are built all the time.

Alternatives Considered: Sympa HR

Reasons for Switching to bob: The focus on employee and the modern tech.

• Reviewed on 06/11/2019
Gemma M.
Gemma M.
HR Business Partner
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/05/2018

"bob is a really intuitive system to use and customer support is always fantastic"

Pros: The aesthetic is fun and non-corporate. Users are encouraged to share their 'superpowers' which helps people to connect with others who have similar interests. The system is really easy to navigate and there are some useful integrations. The support team are always fast to respond to my questions and to tell me about new features, or what they are developing in the near future. You can enable/disable features to customise what you want to achieve with the system and what your current people priorities are.

Cons: There are some small additional features I'd like such as e-signatures, which I believe is coming soon. The support team are really responsive to feedback about features that would be useful.

• Reviewed on 11/05/2018
Kat U.
Motion Picture Solutions
Motion Pictures & Film, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2019

"Best HRIS on the market"

Comments: Implementation of automation across HR department.

Pros: 1. Very easy to customise and use.
2. Really high standard of cutomer service.
3. Continuous improvements and new features.

Cons: Some limitations around different shift patterns and rota roastering.

Alternatives Considered: IRIS HR Professional

Reasons for Choosing bob: Previous software was really old fashined.

Switched From: IRIS HR Professional

Reasons for Switching to bob: Promide to meet all requirements

Lilit H.
Head of People
  • Reviewed on 30/06/2018

"Great people management platform. Saves a lot of administrative time in managing HR process & Data."

Pros: Great Customer Success & product teams who works closely in customizing and implementing the tool. Bob is very an easy platform to use, cool UI, saves time in collecting and analyzing people data. Very intuitive and flexible tool. Bob team always add new fetchers which make the tool more and more valuable

Cons: Still, on a development mode - some of the needed fetchers are in process and will be delivered by EOF (2018)

• Reviewed on 30/06/2018
Emma M.
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2016

"Bob makes managing our people much easier!"

Comments: Bob has allowed us to become smarter in how we manage our people. As we now have all our data in one place, we save time that we use to spend updating multiple spreadsheets and producing reports.
Bob has supported us in building our company's culture. Forgetting birthdays and work anniversaries is now a thing of the past! The system allows us to track the hobbies and interests of our people so we are able to make informed decisions on benefit offerings, events and gifts!
Overall we are really happy with the system and the customer service that is offered by the team at bob.

by Hibob on 12/10/2016

Thanks for your review, Emma. It's great to hear that everyones' birthdays get remembered at Anchura now (and that they're getting good gifts as well!).

• Reviewed on 12/10/2016
Finance Assistant
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/07/2018

"Its being a really nice way to keep the team interecting, and as well to administrate HR and Payroll"

Comments: The benefit of having all employees information in just one place makes everything so much easy.

Pros: The use of the software it's really easy and instictive. It makes payroll and HR way easier to admin!

Cons: Some stuff is still in development so the reports sometimes get a bit messy. Besides this it's perfect!

Rafael P.
Elena M.
Chief People Officer
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2018

"I've chosen bob over another great product I was using in the past and haven't regretted!"

Comments: ease of HR management, also our finance team benefits from easy holidays/absenses management, payroll reports and such.
I'm doing all admin in bob, from contracts to onboarding, org structure, salary changes etc

Pros: It's very easy to use - user friendly interface, intuitive navigation, you can find whatever you need in the matter of seconds even if it's your first experience with the platform
It's beautiful - our employees love it too
The support team is amazing - they not only resolve any issues quickly, but they also listen to suggestions and implement them within reasonable time. I love getting product updates as I know that there will be something I asked about.
The system features everything you'd want from a modern HRIS and even more - we love club feature and about section - it helps employees learn more about each other and find common interests.
There's some functions that I'd love to have but they are not yet there (such as pre-boarding or e-signature) but the guys are constantly working on them and I've seen that for example e-signature is coming within next few weeks.

Cons: If we are talking about bob as HRIS there's very few things that I don't like, or rather I would like to have and they are not yet there - prebording being one example.
I'd love performance module to be more sophisticated but the guys have just introduced it and I see that it gets updated constantly, which is great. also, it's not a separate platform for performance management so I wouldn't expect it have all the features that other platforms dedicted to performance only have.
There are other small things (such as I can't send a survey to 1 person only), but they are small compared to all the benefits and again, I know that sooner or later those will be resolved too.

• Reviewed on 06/06/2018
Hannah K.
Head of People
  • Reviewed on 13/07/2017

"Simply the best HRS out there"

Pros: Brilliantly designed, intuitive, easy to use for employees and People professionals. By far the biggest selling point though is the fact that Hibob is constantly developing new features which are actually based on customer feedback. All of the traditional HRS' i've used (e.g. BambooHR, Workday, Fairsail) are slow to respond to the needs of a changing HR/People function with an expanded remit (e.g. employee experience & wellbeing). Other challenger HRS (e.g. Namely, Charlie) only offer barebones features with a few gimmicks or are developing at the cost of platform stability. Hibob has unlimited ambition to actually fulfil the needs of the HR/People community

Cons: Occasional bugs due to there being a lot of new features (however these are few and far between and the longest i've ever waited for a fix is 36 hours), need to grow Customer Success team to ensure they can maintain same awesome levels of support.

• Reviewed on 13/07/2017