• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.2 /5
    4.1 /5

About ADP Workforce Now

ADP Workforce Now is a human capital management solution for companies with more than 50 employees.

Learn more about ADP Workforce Now

Showing 5,059 reviews

Karen C.
HR Director
Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/12/2020

"HRIS System"

Comments: Overall my ADP Workforce now experience has been excellent.

Pros: ADP provides useful modules for the HRIS needs. The Payroll, HR and Benefits management modules are most useful and critical for our needs. Our dedicated support person is top tier and very helpful. Not always something that smaller companies can find. We are fortunate to be a PE firm and have that additional ADP support.

Cons: Each module costs and can be pricy. Modules should be bundled and priced accordingly. Also once you buy a module, it seems like the transition to implementation drops off until you remind them you want to move forward with implementation.

• Reviewed on 29/12/2020
Cynthia O.
Human Resource Manager
Retail, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2018

"WFN Review 2018"

Comments: Overall experience with WFN platform has been very good. PS: I miss being able to go to ADP locations for "live" training. Especially for reporting! I know that the WFN reporting is very strong and I am not using to it's full ability. I am more of a hands on learner vs. webinars and learned a lot by attending ADP classes for training in THIS area in the past. (Hint, hint - Smile)

Pros: Love having everything on the same platform; payroll, benefits, T&A, and reporting. For the most part I love the ease of using the product. While updates are important to stay compliant and current with needs they create havoc with current setup.(growing pains!) I have been using ADP products since 1990 and this platform is by far the best and easiest to use. Love the training bites on the top of pages.

Cons: I only have cons with specific areas of WFN updates and not the overall WFN platform.
1. Time & Attendance - Current update of moving hours to payroll we lost that the function where the system will stop the import to payroll if there are exceptions and either make you acknowledge the exception or delete from the time card. Example: A manager approves a time off request for a closed pay period. The hours flow to the current pay period. Since it is just hours (because in wrong pay/time period) there are no dollars. When doing a payroll reconciliation we tie hours & dollars. When it's a company of 400 employees this is like looking for a needle in a hay stack. I'd rather be stopped and asked to note the exception before I can import.
2. There needs to be more flexibility with the restrictions within time and attendance. Example: We want to restrict an employee to only being able to swipe in 5 minutes before the start of their schedule. If they are 5 minutes late I don't want them restricted; they should be able to swipe in even if they are an hour late. (The old ETime allowed this and it was very helpful in controlling OT because employees had to immediately go to a manager to get permission to start or stay later than their scheduled time vs. seeing the next day when reviewing time cards)
3. Wage & Garnishment - Need easier reports to get what is needed

• Reviewed on 06/12/2018
Senior Treasury Manager
Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2018

"Intuitive for users of all types"

Comments: As a leader of a team, I am responsible for approving time cards, PTO requests, time adjustments, etc. and have found that ADP WorkforceNow is an intuitive software that anyone can learn very quickly. The menu is thorough but simple, and functions are placed in a logical workflow. I would highly recommend ADP WorkforceNow as a timekeeping/payroll software due to the easy-to-use software.

Pros: Intuitive web-based software that I have found easy to use across users of all types. As a manager that approves time cards on a regular basis, I found that it's easy to find what you're looking for. For example, if you want to adjust a time card, simply click on the employee's time card, and go to the appropriate day that you want to adjust the time, and click "add row," "delete row,", etc. OR simply adjust the time as needed in each box - it's as simple as that. I also liked the calendar-based PTO request form - simply click on the date(s) that you want to schedule for PTO, Jury Duty, etc. and it will mostly populate the request form with the date(s) you selected. There's also a variety of reports you can run in which you can select your criteria so provide the right report you need.

Cons: One con is when you are "acting on behalf" of someone else, the menu looks a little different than your normal dashboard screen, but it's nothing major and you quickly get used to the functions. Also, it can be a little tricky to find out each team members time off scheduled as you have to dig into the menu a little deeper. But as you use the software more, you quickly become accustomed to where to go.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2018
Claudia H.
HR Manager
Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2017

"ADP has been the best aspect of my job at times and the most frustrating at other times."

Comments: It does a great job of staying current with all the compliances changes to payroll and HR. I rely on them to get the payroll reporting correct.

Pros: The webinars and continuous learning opportunities for the user are great. Laws and compliances are changing so quickly that it is hard for someone in the trenches to keep up. They make staying current easy with their Eye on Washington and special webcasts. I like the look and ease of the program. It is easy to navigate and find what you're looking for. The new Pay Cycle is great, but it would be nice to enjoy it a while before they "upgrade" it again. I need time to learn and discover all the ways it can assist me. Customer support has been one area of frustration, but help with the ACA and Time and Attendance has been stellar.

Cons: Getting answers quickly has been a huge frustration, and not just with customer service although that has been an issue with payroll. It seems to take an unnecessary amount of time to get something new implemented. We took steps to add an HR component for tracking professional development hours for our teachers. Once we signed up, we waited weeks to hear back about implementation. Finally after emailing our rep, I was contacted about training for the addition and found out it was not what we wanted. What we wanted was free and available with the push of a button. ADP has great resources for self-learning and I take advantage of them frequently. But sometimes I have an issue with payroll and need an answer quickly. Now with the designated rep, that doesn't happen. She is rarely available, which I understand, she has many clients and speaking with someone else is perfectly acceptable, but usually I end up having to leave a message. I find myself not wanting to call and having issues unresolved. Sometimes she is not able to resolve the issue completely because it involves a different department.

by ADP on 07/12/2017

Hi Claudia -

Thank you for your review of Workforce Now. We have made significant changes to our Service model that I would love to connect with you more about. Please reach out to me directly: [email protected]

• Reviewed on 05/12/2017
Mark L.
Director of Payroll
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2017

"Overall the different components of the system work well together and are easy to use."

Comments: The system has easy to track timesheets, both the hours and the supervisor and employee approvals. This is important as a Government Contractor. Having a system that works as smoothly as this makes growing as a company much easier and limits the amount of staff that we have to hire to process the payroll and the HR functions. Having a customer support team for payroll questions and reporting questions helps greatly. I have always found ADP's reporting support staff the most knowledgeable about their department and have always given me great help.

Pros: The reporting system is is easier to use than other systems I have used in the past. Also, I like how the HR functions, employee service items, the payroll system, and the timesheet system flow well together. The reporting system makes it easy to run reports over several companies, for several years, and for active and terminated employees. I've used other popular payroll processors software which limited the reports to only 1 year at a time. I like how easy it is for employees to access their paystubs, access past w-2s, and make changes to some of their information. Having the view available for pay stubs and w-2s has cut down on phone calls. The payroll system is very easy to use. Recent upgrades have placed fields in a better arrangement for viewing several fields of an employee record at the same time. I find the timesheet system mostly easy to use for our employees.

Cons: There are too many, too frequent upgrades. I've experienced reports losing formatting during the upgrade and have to repair them or reach out to ADP to repair them. Also, there have been several periods of downtime hours this year where the system has crashed and almost all of these are following an upgrade. The security portion of the system can be a bit tricky and not very user friendly, although, some improvements have been made in recent upgrades. Also, the phone app for the timesheet system is a bit lacking in functionality, although, this too has seen some recent upgrades.

Sarita S.
HRIS Administrator
Banking, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2017

"Workforce Now -Better but still needs improvement"

Comments: I have been an ADP Practitioner since August 2012. Within each upgrade our processes seem to improve on efficiency and accuracy thanks to the updates made. We have however had some issues in terms of "user-friendly" that while are small in nature, they do create inconvenience for our associates. 1. Message Center - I believe it was V10 I really enjoyed our Message Center - having the action arrows available was quick and easy. In the next upgrade it changed to a check, an X and three little dots. While this is convenient, not everyone can see these options on their screen unless a)they zoom in, or b) they scroll down - scroll right - scroll back up. It's just a headache.
2. Time off - this is helpful but still having some issues. We round to the nearest quarter and at this time it is rounded to the nearest minute. Also within time off request, anytime the policy or reason code is changed the hours zero out. We used to be able to submit a week for vacation on one line, it would appear a 5 days x 8 hours and submit. If we wanted to each day individually we had that option as well. Now it's all individually so each line must be manually updated. Very inconvenient.
3. Reporting - The ease of reporting has improved so much I would just assign 5 stars for that! Sadly I have been calling and attempting to build a report that retains an associates work history and still to no avail.
4. Client Service - For the most part the reps I have spoken to have always been very polite. As far as knowledge of a particular module it can vary from person to person so some frustration can occur when seeking an answer for an issue. Also turnaround time on open cases can be way longer than expected, while some never even respond.
All around I truly love this product. In terms of what we need I do like Workforce Now very much. We look forward to all upgrades and improvements that they bring.

Pros: As a practitioner the options within the modules has been fairly easy to setup. It has the capacity to do so much more than we are doing in our department currently, and the introduction of ADP Mobile has elevated the service to our associates.

Cons: Ease and functionality could be improved. Again minor things but do contribute to the overall experience.

by ADP on 15/02/2017

Sarita - Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed and insightful review. I would like to connect you with someone who can assist with each of the items you outline below. Please reach out to me directly and I can set something up. [email protected]

• Reviewed on 10/02/2017
Joy J.
Payroll Director
Environmental Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/12/2016

"ADP WFN is fantastic!"

Comments: I've been using ADP WFN for just over a year now and I have to say, ADP has come a long way in a relatively short time. From its inception of online payroll processing under Pay eXpert, WFN is light years ahead of its predecessor. Most things are laid out in a logical fashion and are easy to use. The internal design team must have been laboring over the current incarnation and should be commended. It would be nice if there was a middle ground between Simple and Advanced Reporting and I understand there are improvements coming to the Notification Center. The SmartCompliance site is way easier than "the old days" of faxing in notices. There are still a few things that could be improved (like Annum & Reset Year value availability in Reporting for payroll-based accruals) and there are times when the client can definitely tell that the Client Support team is held to quotas and stats (or, maybe I periodically get a rep that isn't as invested in client success) but perseverance pays off & I can always get to a truly dedicated rep with comprehensive knowledge of systems & processes to help me troubleshoot issues. (ADP should really do more to keep those valued reps because they are the heart and soul of the company. Instead, I understand that there's an informal no-rehire policy in place, maybe to get a fresh perspective into the organization, but really the knowledge and wisdom from those years of service take years to develop. Bring back the former reps and ease up on the phone stat review. Do what's right and best for each caller!) The software, though, again, light years from whence it came. Loving the Employee Documents (the bulk upload process could be streamlined by naming convention protocols that automatically select EE's and apply categories.) Looking forward to seeing the new version of Predictive Analytics. One weak spot is performance review/management (surely ADP can acquire a company & incorporate a smooth process for clients.) Another weak spot is the inability to Deductions in Arrears for Managed By Benefits items. As a growing, dynamic company grown through acquisition, ADP WFN has been an invaluable partner in the process of managing our complexity for our employees.

Pros: Ease of use, logical layout, robust options.

Cons: Still, some client-facing things to be smoothed out.

by ADP on 09/12/2016

Joy - thanks for providing such a detailed and insightful review. As always, reach out if you need anything. [email protected]

• Reviewed on 08/12/2016
Andrea S.
HR Manager
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2020

"Offers associates access to payroll from anywhere"

Comments: WorkforceNow allows our associates to have access to their payroll information electronically so that they don't have to save their paper paystubs and then try to find them when they need them.

Pros: I like the fact that our associates have access to their payroll information from anywhere and it's immediate access once the "process" button is pressed.

Cons: There are not enough generic reports for Admins to run. It's also sometimes difficult to find some of the yearly information that we need to give to our Leadership or Associates.

• Reviewed on 26/03/2020
Kathryn M.
HR/Payroll Administrator
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2017

"ADP Review"

Comments: I have been using ADP in my current role since July 2016, this is my first exposure to ADP. I am in charge of payroll and employee data within ADP. The application takes a little getting used to but I do find it fairly user friendly. I took advantage of the online courses right away and got certified in HR/Payroll/Time and Attenance early one. This really help get a better understanding of the system. One area I have struggled with is Performance Management, specifically getting reviews up and running in ADP. The process is a bit disjointed. For those of us with no "programming" background, it would be more user friendly to have this all be one process. The process of building approval paths should be part of setting up the performance management module. I also found the training on this particular topic to have the same disjointed feeling. You have to take the workflow training and the performance management training and the figure out how to merge the information to get the module up and running. This is definitely an area I see that could use some improvment. In order to really make this a comprehensive platform, it needs to be user friendly and this is the one area I have encountered that is not. I have seen ADP make several enhancements over the last 7 months, I am holding out hope that this will be coming soon. One other area of minor concern is customer support. There is inconsistency on how knowledgeable the customer service representatives are. When I call in I never know if I am going to get the person who knows exactly how to help me, or can ask the right questions to figure out the best course of action. Or, if I am going to get the representative who seems to be lacking the basic understanding of ADP and how to address customer questions. End users rely on the voice at the other end of the line being the expert. When the representatives knowledge seems to be less than the end users, confidence in the product can erode.

Pros: Most transactions are easy and intuative. The "one stop shopping" for HR/Payroll needs. Availability of online training. Updated payroll dashboard is very helpful.

Cons: Performance Management is cumbersome to set up. I find the message center clumsy.

• Reviewed on 16/02/2017
Sadia D.
medical compliance
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2019

"ADP"

Comments: When there's no issues with vacation time being requested off it is an easy system to use. It's all in one place so I enjoy using it as an employee.

Pros: It's fairly easy to use, we use it to track time for clock in and out for time sheets. I can check my pay stubs, W2's and my time off. I can also submit my time off requests within the system directly to my supervisor so it's a really integrated system. My favorite thing about this system is how it interfaced with turbotax so my tax information is imported directly at the end of the year to file my taxes. So easy!

Cons: It's really cumbersome when it comes to multiple times in and outs. When you're leaving and coming back in one day it becomes really confusing for someone who isn't an administrator in the system. Also, if you don't have the saved up vacation time for the entire day it won't let you request the entire day off. So I need to be marked off as absent that day although it's a planned day off.... we work around it by emailing our supervisor ahead of time and explaining that it's not in ADP due to lack of vacation time banked but it's extra work for our supervisor to go in and mark it off before the time sheet is due. It's also hard to fix you have to put it 6 hours of vacation time then 2 hours absent somehow, the system tends to deny it most of the time and the administrator needs to fix it ...

• Reviewed on 12/12/2019
Tina C.
Practice Administrator
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2020

"Gastroenterology Practice review"

Comments: My overall experience with ADP is very positive. They keep me abreast via emails with any and all upcoming changes, maintenance times, and new products. I appreciate the fact that their customer service team listens to our needs and helps quickly with whatever we may need.

Pros: ADP offers a significant amount of options for all sizes of companies. I have used ADP for 20+ years and have had excellent results especially with the ease of use, maneuvering around the site, the ability to update and provide info the employees when they log into the system to clock in. This gives each employee the ability to see news at the same time as everyone else. The benefits tool is also very beneficial as it is an excellent tracker for all of the benefits and benefit options given to the employees. Customer service is very responsive and works with our HR manager well.

Cons: I do not see a negative with ADP products, as long as the customers handling it's program use, takes the time to look at all of the functionality ADP offers so the use of the products are used to their full potential

• Reviewed on 12/11/2020
Luella W.
Global Payroll/Benefits Manager
Telecommunications, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/05/2017

"ADP Workforce Now Works"

Comments: I use ADP for payroll in both US & Canada, currently WFN works much better in the US. Canada is still using an old backend payroll system with the WFN front side so it does not work as smooth as it should. There are going to be Pros and Cons for any system you choose, there is no system that is going to be 100% perfect. Every company has to make their own decision based on their own needs. I've done a number of implementations with different products, and have been happy with the software choice each time based on the needs. There is going to be good and bad with any software that you choose. I've been happy with the service that I have received from ADP and the performance of WFN, yes their could be improvements and of course cost could always be less but what company doesn't want to save money if they can. All in all I don't think that you can go wrong with WFN, just make sure that you understand your company needs and that ADP understands your needs, I cannot stress this enough.

Pros: Wide range of capability
Available in other countries
Quick payroll turnaround when needed
Can log in from anywhere
Quick and detailed preview prior to finalizing payroll
At a glance dashboard
ADP is responsive to feedback on Improvements

Cons: Getting direct contact with Tax Filing is difficult
Reporting capabilities is good but not great I miss Crystal Reports
Don't have the ability to write a SQL query directly against the database
Would like to see per employee cost come down

by Lori on 18/05/2017

Hi Luella –

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed and insightful review of our WFN product/service. We appreciate your review and your business. If there is anything I can assist you with at ADP, please don’t hesitate to reach out. [email protected]

• Reviewed on 12/05/2017
Greg B.
Human Resources Manager
Textiles, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2018

"Review of ADP Workforce Now System"

Pros: I have found the software to be very intuitive and user friendly. Over the past year i have transitioned from a more solely managerial role to dealing with hands on clerical tasks daily. Through downsizing within our company I lost my HR administrative assistant whom had always handled the payroll data entry. Becoming the person now responsible for producing and submitting the three monthly payrolls meant I had to learn and pick up the routine duty in a short amount of time. The ADP Workforce Now software made my transition very easy. The customer service support staff has also been exceptional at those rare times I have needed to speak with a representative for additional information or guidance.

Cons: My only negative feelings came earlier on in my use of the system. Initially, I found some of the page design layouts to be a little frustrating; however, over the past year through updates and modifications by ADP, those frustrations have been eliminated. I am very pleased with its current design and find using the product very easy.

• Reviewed on 05/12/2018
Ryan S.
Delivery Associate
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2021

"When everything works, it's a great piece of software."

Comments: Overall it's a good product, with its fair share of hiccups and technical issues. I would say it is better suited for small businesses of less than 50 employees. Any bigger, and it seems the problems just keep adding up too quickly.

Pros: Mostly everything is easy to follow for a new employee to use and figure out on their own with little guidance from management. The mobile interface is neat, organized, and easy to navigate. It also shows most of the need-to-know information on the main profile page when an employee logs in. It's fairly comprehensive and allows for multiple areas of employment to be tracked/monitored from one area.

Cons: Numerous problems and issues have muddied my thoughts about this product. There have been a number of payroll issues on ADP's end that took a lot more effort to resolve than necessary. Also, the app works much of the time, but has a tendency to not let employees clock in/out, and see vital information. While I can say the majority of the time things are okay, when you have 50+ employees using this multiple times per day, it feels like there are always issues. Having to constantly correct timecards manually sort of defeats the purpose of the time-punch feature in the app.

• Reviewed on 30/04/2021
Stephanie O.
Senior HR Generalist
Publishing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/04/2018

"Improvement from our previous HRIS and they continue to improve their features"

Comments: Overall, this system has improved the efficiency of our processes. Specifically, we were able to setup carrier connections with various benefit providers so we spend less time doing data-entry manually. Their report customization is not simple, but the end result is always what we need.

Pros: This system is easier to use than our previous HRIS system. The interface is pretty straightforward and well organized. We also use this as our intranet so we are able to house forms, our Handbook, and other resources for employees to access in one convenience location. Also, there is a self-service feature that allows our staff to submit changes to their personal information that goes through an approval process. This has been great because it minimizes the use of paper forms.

Cons: Some of the reporting features are not too user-friendly, but that is getting better. Also, their customer service is not the best. They switched their model and gave us a dedicated rep. That person was very hard to get a hold of and often not too knowledgeable on the topic for which we needed help with.

• Reviewed on 09/04/2018
Human Resources Manager
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2018

"Good HRIS for medium to large company - but bells and whistles are not included"

Pros: Fairly universal product, as I have used it in several roles in different industries.
Easy to customize based on the features and functions that you want.
Can integrate to most General Ledger programs for easy payroll accounting
Can set up various departments and reporting structures
Very easy to use Employee Self-Service portal - allows you to upload digital forms for employee acknowledgement
Integrates with most benefits platforms - to allow for paperless enrollment
Can set up a paperless onboarding process, as it has a built-in ATS

Cons: Implementation is time consuming and expensive - especially if you need customization
Training is web-based, so it is difficult to ask specific questions
ADP says that they have improved their customer service, but it is still difficult to get answers (and they seem to turn over their reps frequently)
Expensive monthly and per payroll costs (compared to other providers), although they do have interesting promotional discounts for new clients.

• Reviewed on 11/06/2018
Toni W.
CHRO
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2017

"Customer service is frustrating. If they need to get back to you, response time is terrible."

Comments: All in one HR/payroll package that can be easily access from anywhere. Robust features that handles all of our needs.

Pros: I like the features it offers. We have a complete HR/Payroll solution all in one. I like that I can access it from anywhere and don't have to count on a work server to deliver what I need. The time management product is superior.

Cons: It has issues transferring data from one module to another. Sometimes our benefits don't connect with our deductions and that causes large problems on our end. There are so many little check boxes in the background that we were not aware of and it has caused issues on the benefits end for us as well. I wish there was a way for us to know all the little neuances before they cause us problems. Our Controller does not like that the gl interface does not give her details.

by ADP on 25/07/2017

Toni -

Thank you for taking the time to review our WFN product. I am sorry to hear about your underwhelming experience with service, and would be more than happy to connect with you about this. Please feel free to reach out: [email protected]

Jennifer M.
payroll specialist
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2018

"WorkforceNow is easy to use."

Comments: Fast, easy and accurate reporting of payroll.

Pros: Extremely helpful support staff when an issue occurs. Their knowledge base of the software is very evident and if they cannot give you an answer they will call you back with one.
Always get a live voice to talk to. No automated diagnostics.
User-friendly software. Users can easily find their way around the data even without long training sessions.
Love that the modules speak to each other and data does not have to be entered twice (Benefits v Payroll).
Love that payroll reports are practically instantaneous. No more waiting a day for payroll reports to be returned.

Cons: Recently had an issue with an employees calculation of GTL and I was told that I needed to override the system. No explanation as to why the system couldn't handle the calculation. Another issue was ADP's calculation of the 401k max company match. Not sure why I couldn't simply input the max number and have ADP bump against that number every payroll. Instead I had to call ADP to manually put the cap. AND I must remember to call them annually when a change is made by the IRS.

• Reviewed on 13/03/2018
Vice President, HR Operations and Insights Manager
Banking, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/01/2019

"A Versatile Solution, With Opportunity to Improve"

Pros: Out of the box, this product meets most business needs, including HR, Payroll, and Time & Attendance. Additionally, with add on modules available for purchase, such as Performance, Recruiting, and Compensation, you can tailor the solution to meet your specific needs. Finally, if you need additional products or functionality that WFN cannot provide in its native environment, you can purchase API connections with a host of third party software on ADP's Marketplace. There are a lot of integration opportunities and pulling data out of/into ADP is simple.

Cons: The products that come with WFN are pretty basic, and not scalable to a larger, more complex organization. The service team, while making some improvements lately, appear disorganized and are not always knowledgeable about the product or how to troubleshoot issues. When software releases are rolled out, they are often buggy or have glitches, and sometimes undo prior functionality.

• Reviewed on 23/01/2019
Cheikh B.
WorkforceNow Revieuw
Computer Hardware, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 31/01/2021

"great system that makes payroll painless and headache free."

Comments: His efficient notifications

Pros: WorkforceNow is very easy to understand and use. We notice that the customer service is very reactive. WorkforceNow is great when it comes to automating processes. We also notice the efficient notifications that inform the user about his pending e-mail in the inbox from where everything a company needs is in this WorkforceNow software.

Cons: I personally the great difficulty is not to know the time off of each member of the team. no problem, but you need an apprenticeship to master this software.

• Reviewed on 31/01/2021
Sara K.
Payroll Supervisor
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/09/2019

"Wish we were staying with"

Comments: Great team to work with.

Pros: The system is really easy to maneuver. Setting up employees and changing information is easy. Running report are easy to set up and if you have issues they have a staff that is willing to help.

Cons: Setting up administrators. They are too many areas that you have to set up for that.

• Reviewed on 26/09/2019
Ubaldo antonio G.
Logistics Coordinator
Business Supplies & Equipment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/02/2020

"Workforce"

Comments: Overall, it has being accurate to us. We haven't had a major issue as of today.

Pros: The ADP program gives you all the information you need regarding your time sheets, pay stubs and time off request. The workforce allows you pretty much do anything you need to keep track of your own daily punches.

Cons: Our company recently started using this program. We switched from Quickbooks intuit. We are in the learning process of using it.

• Reviewed on 18/02/2020
Matthew H.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2020

"Employee Perspective"

Comments: Frustrating to set up if you've used it at multiple workplaces and the app is very weak compared to the desktop site. Weaker than most apps and in a more frustrating way. Overall though? Solid product that makes life easier for accounting and HR. I'd recommend it, just wish ADP would fix the app to be at least comparable in power to the website.

Pros: Gives good information to your employees and helps them easily see how many hours they've worked, their pay, their benefits, you can post memos and even make them required reading before accessing the rest of the app. It's a powerful system that makes payroll simple and quick.

Cons: The app is slightly lacking on the employee side. It can't export paystubs at all; that must be done on the desktop website. Frustratingly an employee can view their basic pay and the totals of their check, including the pay period, but not the hourly rate (yes, you could calculate that with math, but why cant you just give me the same information you give me on desktop?), nor will it allow any kind of exporting of that information. Not even downloadable pdfs. It makes the app seem almost useless, as an employee I rarely use the app for anything other than checking to see where my year to date is at when I need to fill out a loan application or estimating my yearly income for one reason or another.

• Reviewed on 10/07/2020
Leisa C.
VP Human Resources
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2019

"Intuitive - Easy to Learn for Beginners"

Comments: The software is very good. If it were not for the software I would most likely search for a different product. Client service support is slow and the representatives lack subject matter expertise - - - unless you get lucky and get a more experienced employee when you dial in.

Pros: The software is very intuitive for an experienced HRIS analyst. Less experienced team members will find it easy to learn and understand. The paths of logic built into the system support simplified processes and procedures.

Cons: The software is well-developed. The client support is adequate at best. ADP's client service representatives are not well-versed in the various modules. Greater care should be taken in directing customer calls appropriately based upon the module or "menus" that are part of the standard configuration.

• Reviewed on 15/10/2019
Katie P.
Human Resources Director
Philanthropy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/05/2018

"Updates are a pain"

Comments: Overall it's a good system. They're giant for a reason. But the customer service is a challenge. I have sat on the phone or on hold for 2+ hours on many occasions.

Pros: All-encompassing HRMS if you want it - makes the employee lifecycle much easier. The system is fairly intuitive and user friendly once you work in it.

Cons: Updates are full integrations, which is a huge frustration and time consumer. CA payroll rules are hard to comply with because the system isn't smart enough to manage all the rules. In my experience, there's quite a bit of manual manipulation. Customer service is a big challenge...

by Lori on 08/05/2018

Katie -

Thank you for your review and feedback. I am happy to see that implementing WFN has made your HCM processes easier. I am sorry to see that you have had a less than stellar experience with our WFN service. I would love the opportunity to connect you with an ADP resource to assist. We have made many changes to our service model, including dedicated representatives and appointment based scheduling. Please feel free to reach out directly. [email protected]

• Reviewed on 04/05/2018