ADP

Kym W.
Human Resource/ Payroll Manager
Automotive, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: After the implementation process, as painful as it was, the system seems to be a little smoother and working correctly. Still finding some items that are needing fixed from the lack of attention from our previous account managers.

Pros: ADP has automated several process that used to be manual.

Cons: The implementation process was very difficult and lasted over a year. It took almost a year to find a good Account Manager. The continued updates. Just seems that every week I go in and something has changed. The ACA reporting is still a little clunky.

WFN Review

Cyndi M.
sr. global payroll manager
Information Services, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have been expanding the functions within WFN - we added time and attendance this year and plan on using other feature to help us grow and scale our payroll. I find as the complexities of our payroll increases, WFN can handle and grow with us.

Pros: The flexibility it provides. Depending upon the company's complexities - you can use as little or as much as you need from the system. It integrates with other systems too (Workday, etc) to help automate processes.

Cons: It is a difficult to have multiple payroll runs at the same time. When you are in a public company with stock and regular payroll runs on the same day - the system can do it - but it is not easy to flow between the two payroll runs.

ADP Workforce Now-Most used and advanced Human Capital Management Solutions

Reviewed on 30/04/2019
Shikha V.
Staffing & Recruiting, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Our company’s overall experience has been extremely good except for the customer service part, which has now improved as compared to earlier. We have no plans to move to any other software since our entire team is very well versed with this software.

Pros: ADP Workforce Now is a wholesome web-based human resource capital management system designed to assist and automate company’s HR processes including payroll management, benefits, time and labor management, compliance etc.
This tool also provides the API, which facilitates the smooth integration with other HR business application including any internal software that you may have. We have been using this software for almost 5 years now and the experience has been amazing. The entire application is user friendly and easy to manage with a supportive customer service.
It also facilitates our employees to register into the system whose paycheck has been processed once and they can view their paystubs online, which reduces our burden of sending the paystubs separately.
The entire process of payroll including the tax processing, sick time filing (if applicable), PTO management etc. is simplified through this application.
The benefit enrolment/waiving process is also easier with all the documents placed under different sections of the consultant’s file.

Cons: The customer support team is cooperative but getting answers from them could be tedious. You have to be on call for almost 15-20 minutes before you could hear a human voice. The response time over emails is not so fast as well. It may take from 4-5 hours to a day to get an answer sometimes.

Easy to Use and Easy to Manage

Reviewed on 01/02/2019
Samridh S.
Electrical Engineer II
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Our company transitioned to ADP 3 years ago and in the past three years I have really grown to like ADP.
- Easy to manage my PTO and see balances
I can easily log into ADP and see how much balance is left. Previously I had to wait for my paycheck to look at it and keep note of it. Otherwise everything was stored on the SAP system and SAP codes were too hard to remember. I like the online platform a lot better with ADP.
Apply for PTO is also a piece of cake. Simply choose the date (calendar is shown on right) and submit the hours.
- Notifications
ADP is really good about notifying the user if there is any mails waiting in the inbox. Any approvals or disapprovals, documents and announcements on ADP gets sent straight to my work email and it helps me to remember that I should go and check it out.
- Everything in one place
All my Paychecks, Tax Documents, Health and Dental Benefits, Policies etc are on one spot. They are all properly placed under specific tabs so after some clicking around I was able to easily get to the page I needed too.
I also like that I can download my information and documents in a pdf format and store it computer for later access. I no longer have to email HR and ask for my tax document if I lost it or ask what is the health/dental plan i enrolled in.
Even enrolling or changing the benefits plan is super easy and it is all done inside the ADP at the beginning of each year.

Cons: - Outdated look
I think ADP could enhance their website a bit more than what it is. I do like their simplicity however more helpful links in the front page would be nice so that I do not have to click through 3 pages to submit a PTO.
- More details needed
I would prefer each page to have some details on what this page is for and how it can be used. Some sort of front page explanation would be nice. The first few months I emailed my HR every single time to figure out how to do the simplest of things
- Update takes time
When there is an updated I have notice some delays. Whether it be on my PTO approval or my salary increase. The system updates takes the longest.

Leading Payroll Vendor for a Reason

Reviewed on 13/12/2018
Collin E.
HRIS / Payroll Analyst
Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This is a strong tool once the learning curve is overcome. I have used small, medium, and large payroll platforms and ADP is a true "One size fits all" platform and perhaps my vendor of choice. However, for that ideal fit, it will require diligent implementation and an understanding of the platform and it's features. There are trade-offs: while startup companies such as Zenefits or Namely have a simple user interface and easy to navigate, they also come with system limitations and lack of support compared to the big companies. ADP is the opposite; sometimes quirky and difficult to find what you need, but a truly powerful system with a large support team ready to assist. Choose based on your priorities.

Pros: This is an extremely robust platform with extensive custom functionality. When properly configured and utilized, WorkforceNow can fit practically any business and payroll model, from small businesses to high volume, enterprise-level companies. Service and Support are best in class and will walk you through anything. Tax filings, notice resolutions, and year-end processes are a breeze. Solid tools and modules - Benefits, Reporting Suite, Onboarding, Time Tracking (But you'll pay for it).

Cons: ADP is a legacy company with legacy systems. Because they have been around for so long, some features seem to be "stacked" on from prior versions instead of given an entire overhaul. This can lead to an lack of intuitive UI and UX compared to younger systems like Workday. Implementation team may give you an "out of the box" setup. May require diligent partnership in configuring to your specifications. Pricing may not be as competitive as other vendors and module implementations can add up.

WFN Review 2018

Reviewed on 06/12/2018
Cynthia O.
Human Resource Manager
Retail, 5,001-10,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall experience with WFN platform has been very good. PS: I miss being able to go to ADP locations for "live" training. Especially for reporting! I know that the WFN reporting is very strong and I am not using to it's full ability. I am more of a hands on learner vs. webinars and learned a lot by attending ADP classes for training in THIS area in the past. (Hint, hint - Smile)

Pros: Love having everything on the same platform; payroll, benefits, T&A, and reporting. For the most part I love the ease of using the product. While updates are important to stay compliant and current with needs they create havoc with current setup.(growing pains!) I have been using ADP products since 1990 and this platform is by far the best and easiest to use. Love the training bites on the top of pages.

Cons: I only have cons with specific areas of WFN updates and not the overall WFN platform.
1. Time & Attendance - Current update of moving hours to payroll we lost that the function where the system will stop the import to payroll if there are exceptions and either make you acknowledge the exception or delete from the time card. Example: A manager approves a time off request for a closed pay period. The hours flow to the current pay period. Since it is just hours (because in wrong pay/time period) there are no dollars. When doing a payroll reconciliation we tie hours & dollars. When it's a company of 400 employees this is like looking for a needle in a hay stack. I'd rather be stopped and asked to note the exception before I can import.
2. There needs to be more flexibility with the restrictions within time and attendance. Example: We want to restrict an employee to only being able to swipe in 5 minutes before the start of their schedule. If they are 5 minutes late I don't want them restricted; they should be able to swipe in even if they are an hour late. (The old ETime allowed this and it was very helpful in controlling OT because employees had to immediately go to a manager to get permission to start or stay later than their scheduled time vs. seeing the next day when reviewing time cards)
3. Wage & Garnishment - Need easier reports to get what is needed

Intuitive for users of all types

Reviewed on 04/12/2018
Senior Treasury Manager
Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: As a leader of a team, I am responsible for approving time cards, PTO requests, time adjustments, etc. and have found that ADP WorkforceNow is an intuitive software that anyone can learn very quickly. The menu is thorough but simple, and functions are placed in a logical workflow. I would highly recommend ADP WorkforceNow as a timekeeping/payroll software due to the easy-to-use software.

Pros: Intuitive web-based software that I have found easy to use across users of all types. As a manager that approves time cards on a regular basis, I found that it's easy to find what you're looking for. For example, if you want to adjust a time card, simply click on the employee's time card, and go to the appropriate day that you want to adjust the time, and click "add row," "delete row,", etc. OR simply adjust the time as needed in each box - it's as simple as that. I also liked the calendar-based PTO request form - simply click on the date(s) that you want to schedule for PTO, Jury Duty, etc. and it will mostly populate the request form with the date(s) you selected. There's also a variety of reports you can run in which you can select your criteria so provide the right report you need.

Cons: One con is when you are "acting on behalf" of someone else, the menu looks a little different than your normal dashboard screen, but it's nothing major and you quickly get used to the functions. Also, it can be a little tricky to find out each team members time off scheduled as you have to dig into the menu a little deeper. But as you use the software more, you quickly become accustomed to where to go.

ADP has been the best aspect of my job at times and the most frustrating at other times.

Reviewed on 05/12/2017
Claudia H.
Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It does a great job of staying current with all the compliances changes to payroll and HR. I rely on them to get the payroll reporting correct.

Pros: The webinars and continuous learning opportunities for the user are great. Laws and compliances are changing so quickly that it is hard for someone in the trenches to keep up. They make staying current easy with their Eye on Washington and special webcasts. I like the look and ease of the program. It is easy to navigate and find what you're looking for. The new Pay Cycle is great, but it would be nice to enjoy it a while before they "upgrade" it again. I need time to learn and discover all the ways it can assist me. Customer support has been one area of frustration, but help with the ACA and Time and Attendance has been stellar.

Cons: Getting answers quickly has been a huge frustration, and not just with customer service although that has been an issue with payroll. It seems to take an unnecessary amount of time to get something new implemented. We took steps to add an HR component for tracking professional development hours for our teachers. Once we signed up, we waited weeks to hear back about implementation. Finally after emailing our rep, I was contacted about training for the addition and found out it was not what we wanted. What we wanted was free and available with the push of a button. ADP has great resources for self-learning and I take advantage of them frequently. But sometimes I have an issue with payroll and need an answer quickly. Now with the designated rep, that doesn't happen. She is rarely available, which I understand, she has many clients and speaking with someone else is perfectly acceptable, but usually I end up having to leave a message. I find myself not wanting to call and having issues unresolved. Sometimes she is not able to resolve the issue completely because it involves a different department.

by ADP on 07/12/2017

Hi Claudia -

Thank you for your review of Workforce Now. We have made significant changes to our Service model that I would love to connect with you more about. Please reach out to me directly: [email protected]

For the most part, this is a good product and fairly intuitive.

Reviewed on 25/07/2017
Monica W.
Government Administration, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I was using a massive system, that was very cumbersome and not flexible at all. ADP streamlined our processes for the most part and has made our jobs in HR and Payroll a little easier.

Pros: There is a home page that can be customized. This provides the employer a good opportunity to communicate with all employees, considering everyone must go into ADP to enter their time at least twice each month. The portal can be setup in English and Spanish. The system overall is fairly easy to work in and find information. There are a good number of standard reports. ADP offers a lot of training opportunities, support, message boards, etc. at no cost, which is a definite benefit.

Cons: The home page is a wonderful communication tool; however, customizing it in Portal is very difficult and takes more time than it should to get it to look professional. The setup is fairly restrictive, the 'Undo' button no longer exists after this last upgrade, you can't control the line spacing, for some reason the system removes some spacing between words that were copied and pasted into the Portal, and for the most part, the system seems to do what it wants. The leave-time system has become very cumbersome. Example: An employee is out sick one day in a pay period. The employee enters their work hours, along with their sick time, into the timesheet, then saves and approves their timesheet. The supervisor then goes in and must first approve the sick time, which automatically removes the employee's approval. The employee then must approve their timesheet again before the supervisor can approve the entire timesheet. Another aggravation is the ridiculous number of messages and the requirement to archive the messages. The system even requires confirmation that you want to archive and then it provides a running total of the number that has been archived, or the number of new hires entered, etc. Knowing the number of actions taken or messages archived is unnecessary.

by ADP on 25/07/2017

Monica -

Thank you for taking the time to review our WFN product. I am sorry you find our customization features and leave-time system underwhelming. I would love to connect with you more about this. Please reach out: [email protected]

Overall the different components of the system work well together and are easy to use.

Reviewed on 25/07/2017
Mark L.
Director of Payroll
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The system has easy to track timesheets, both the hours and the supervisor and employee approvals. This is important as a Government Contractor. Having a system that works as smoothly as this makes growing as a company much easier and limits the amount of staff that we have to hire to process the payroll and the HR functions. Having a customer support team for payroll questions and reporting questions helps greatly. I have always found ADP's reporting support staff the most knowledgeable about their department and have always given me great help.

Pros: The reporting system is is easier to use than other systems I have used in the past. Also, I like how the HR functions, employee service items, the payroll system, and the timesheet system flow well together. The reporting system makes it easy to run reports over several companies, for several years, and for active and terminated employees. I've used other popular payroll processors software which limited the reports to only 1 year at a time. I like how easy it is for employees to access their paystubs, access past w-2s, and make changes to some of their information. Having the view available for pay stubs and w-2s has cut down on phone calls. The payroll system is very easy to use. Recent upgrades have placed fields in a better arrangement for viewing several fields of an employee record at the same time. I find the timesheet system mostly easy to use for our employees.

Cons: There are too many, too frequent upgrades. I've experienced reports losing formatting during the upgrade and have to repair them or reach out to ADP to repair them. Also, there have been several periods of downtime hours this year where the system has crashed and almost all of these are following an upgrade. The security portion of the system can be a bit tricky and not very user friendly, although, some improvements have been made in recent upgrades. Also, the phone app for the timesheet system is a bit lacking in functionality, although, this too has seen some recent upgrades.

Our company has been using ADP Workforce Now since 2014. This is an amazing program!

Reviewed on 16/06/2017
Deborah R.
Human Resources Manager
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Secure, dependable and user friendly payroll processing. A time and attendance system. Reporting functions that allow us to track and report critical information that helps us run a better company. Offsite support and a system that is always rolling out updates and training. This is a great system for the medium to large business. You cannot go wrong with this program.

Pros: Workforce Now has changed from being a time and attendance and payroll system to a Human Resources tool I cannot do without.
I am a one person Human Resources Department and I need a HR system that can streamline and support the many functions I deal with on a daily basis. Workforce Now (WFN) does that and so much more. WFN comes with dozens of preloaded reports that allows me to run employee rosters, payroll reports, attendance reports, cost of labor by hours and earnings. It tracks tax information and General Leader Reports for our accounting department. Employees are able to electronically request time off and get manager approvals emailed to their cell phones or home computers. Managers and supervisors can make notes right in the employees electronic file so there is always a record of items they can use when doing annual reviews or disciplinary action meetings.
There is so many options available. Making sure employees get paid properly is critical, but this system and the ADP support team take payroll to a whole new level! ADP has been working diligently to make this system a workhorse in the HR department. The updates keep this system cutting edge, yet user friendly and easy to run. You will not have to worry about having outdated and stale software in a year. There is always something being improved. Just in case something does come up, WFN has a solid support team that you can reach out to for questions and assistance. And they are only a phone call away.

Cons: What do I like least? I only have a couple of issues, and the pro's far outweigh the concerns, but it seems like the support team is very busy on some Monday's and Tuesday's. When you try to call in for support the wait times can be a little long. I have learned to plan ahead and call early. If you want a least like about the software specifically then that is more difficult to answer. I guess I'd say the learning curve can feel a little intimidating when you first start to using WFN. Help is only a phone call away or a quick look up in the integrated help screens.

by ADP on 20/06/2017

Deborah - Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed and insightful review. We appreciate your time and your business. If I can be of any assistance to you, please feel free to reach out. [email protected]

Workforce Now -Better but still needs improvement

Reviewed on 10/02/2017
Sarita S.
HRIS Administrator
Banking, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have been an ADP Practitioner since August 2012. Within each upgrade our processes seem to improve on efficiency and accuracy thanks to the updates made. We have however had some issues in terms of "user-friendly" that while are small in nature, they do create inconvenience for our associates. 1. Message Center - I believe it was V10 I really enjoyed our Message Center - having the action arrows available was quick and easy. In the next upgrade it changed to a check, an X and three little dots. While this is convenient, not everyone can see these options on their screen unless a)they zoom in, or b) they scroll down - scroll right - scroll back up. It's just a headache.
2. Time off - this is helpful but still having some issues. We round to the nearest quarter and at this time it is rounded to the nearest minute. Also within time off request, anytime the policy or reason code is changed the hours zero out. We used to be able to submit a week for vacation on one line, it would appear a 5 days x 8 hours and submit. If we wanted to each day individually we had that option as well. Now it's all individually so each line must be manually updated. Very inconvenient.
3. Reporting - The ease of reporting has improved so much I would just assign 5 stars for that! Sadly I have been calling and attempting to build a report that retains an associates work history and still to no avail.
4. Client Service - For the most part the reps I have spoken to have always been very polite. As far as knowledge of a particular module it can vary from person to person so some frustration can occur when seeking an answer for an issue. Also turnaround time on open cases can be way longer than expected, while some never even respond.
All around I truly love this product. In terms of what we need I do like Workforce Now very much. We look forward to all upgrades and improvements that they bring.

Pros: As a practitioner the options within the modules has been fairly easy to setup. It has the capacity to do so much more than we are doing in our department currently, and the introduction of ADP Mobile has elevated the service to our associates.

Cons: Ease and functionality could be improved. Again minor things but do contribute to the overall experience.

by ADP on 15/02/2017

Sarita - Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed and insightful review. I would like to connect you with someone who can assist with each of the items you outline below. Please reach out to me directly and I can set something up. [email protected]

ADP Workforce Now -- Payroll, but so much more!!!

Reviewed on 08/12/2016
Deborah R.
Human Resources Manager
Renewables & Environment, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have used ADP payroll in different companies throughout my Human Resources career. It has gone from a great payroll program to an amazing, easy to use payroll and people management tool that blows the competition away. I cannot imagine running our companies Human Resources Department without it. Over the last year, ADP Workforce Now has updated and improved its entire program. There is online training at your fingertips. Employees can easily manage their individual information by using the many self-service features. The mobile app is easily downloaded from an android or apple phone and allows employees to have access to their payroll information anytime and from almost anywhere. The payroll process is easy to manage and reports are easy to access or create. This allows managers and employees to have accurate information at their fingertips which in turn helps them make decisions based on real-time information. I cannot say enough good things about ADP Workforces Now! Go with the best -- you will be glad you did.

Pros: The many features if offers. It is easy to use. The support is at your fingertips and if you cannot find the answer, you can pick up the phone and real people are there to help. This is just the beginning of the wonderful software packages amazing features.

Cons: There are so many features built into the software and it is sometimes difficult to know everything that is available. Also, when you add some new features it seems like there is a lot of add on costs. I think it would be best to be able to pick from a variety of package features up front. Maybe spending more time learning the needs of the company upfront and setting up the software to meet those needs upfront would help keep costs lower.

by ADP on 15/12/2016

Deborah - Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed and insightful review of our WFN product. You have completely captured what we have tried to do, provide an easy to use software program, supported by an excellent Customer Service team, that allows you to get your administrative task done more quickly and spend time on value-add activities in business. I love that you call out our reporting enables you to make real-time decisions for your business. Please let me know if I can ever assist you with anything at all at ADP. [email protected]

ADP WFN is fantastic!

Reviewed on 08/12/2016
Joy J.
Payroll Director
Environmental Services, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I've been using ADP WFN for just over a year now and I have to say, ADP has come a long way in a relatively short time. From its inception of online payroll processing under Pay eXpert, WFN is light years ahead of its predecessor. Most things are laid out in a logical fashion and are easy to use. The internal design team must have been laboring over the current incarnation and should be commended. It would be nice if there was a middle ground between Simple and Advanced Reporting and I understand there are improvements coming to the Notification Center. The SmartCompliance site is way easier than "the old days" of faxing in notices. There are still a few things that could be improved (like Annum & Reset Year value availability in Reporting for payroll-based accruals) and there are times when the client can definitely tell that the Client Support team is held to quotas and stats (or, maybe I periodically get a rep that isn't as invested in client success) but perseverance pays off & I can always get to a truly dedicated rep with comprehensive knowledge of systems & processes to help me troubleshoot issues. (ADP should really do more to keep those valued reps because they are the heart and soul of the company. Instead, I understand that there's an informal no-rehire policy in place, maybe to get a fresh perspective into the organization, but really the knowledge and wisdom from those years of service take years to develop. Bring back the former reps and ease up on the phone stat review. Do what's right and best for each caller!) The software, though, again, light years from whence it came. Loving the Employee Documents (the bulk upload process could be streamlined by naming convention protocols that automatically select EE's and apply categories.) Looking forward to seeing the new version of Predictive Analytics. One weak spot is performance review/management (surely ADP can acquire a company & incorporate a smooth process for clients.) Another weak spot is the inability to Deductions in Arrears for Managed By Benefits items. As a growing, dynamic company grown through acquisition, ADP WFN has been an invaluable partner in the process of managing our complexity for our employees.

Pros: Ease of use, logical layout, robust options.

Cons: Still, some client-facing things to be smoothed out.

by ADP on 09/12/2016

Joy - thanks for providing such a detailed and insightful review. As always, reach out if you need anything. [email protected]

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 31/03/2017
Meir G.
EVP
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I use the payroll, Time & Attendance and HRB. I have been a client of ADP for 30 years+!! My Mother started with calling in the information to ADP every week! Then I came into the business and we went from manual phone calls to a computerized system. It was called PC Payroll. A great payroll package. Then approx 1 1/4 years ago, we were told that PC Payroll is being discontinued and we made the switch to WFN. We started at Version 2 and we are now, we are at Version 13 - with Version 14 soon to happen. A very happy client.

Pros: 1. I am the admin of the payroll dept. it is my responsibility and i run it weekly. Once I learn how to do the functions, it works very well.
2. Customer support is second to none! Truly excellent!
3. The program does a lot - with many features. Upgrades are starting to be more frequent - which is a good thing.
4. They have support system which is called "The Bridge". all users are connected to it. you can ask a question and it will be answered by another user or even am ADP employee.
5. Wish list: It is very powerful program. There are very many features. Many of them i know and many of them, i don't even know they are there. I wish there was a document available that goes through the whole WFN and lists and describes ALL the features available - whether they are standard or offered only as on option. Just let me know about it!!!

Cons: During the December and beginning of January, the hold time can be very long. i have been on hold for over 45 minutes. i am really hoping that it will be corrected.

by Lori on 04/04/2017

Meir –

First and foremost, thank you for being a 30-year partner of ours. I love your story, and hearing the evolution of your relationship with ADP. As a member of ADP’s Client Loyalty team, I am always thrilled to see and hear about our long-term partners. Also, thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed and insightful review of our WFN product and Service. We truly appreciate the time you took to do this. Please reach out to me and we can discuss your wish-list document. I may have something that you can use. [email protected]

ADP

Adrian B.
SVP of Finance
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: WFN solves our issues for time and attendance tracking with employees in 30 states. It provides all necessary reporting needed to report on payroll spend.

Pros: Pretty user friendly. Screen layout is easy to follow. Once employees are trained, they usually don't need any follow up.

Cons: Updates and changes are too frequent. Constant change. The Benefits sections is very hard to manage without support from ADP and working through Open Enrollment is very challenging. The Carrier API feeds are very complex.

All your work information in one place

Reviewed on 08/08/2019
Johnathan M.
Business Analyst
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: ADP is a big player in the payroll, HR and workplace support space. I use their software because my employer uses it. We switched from Trinet, which I admit I prefer, but WorkforceNow will suffice. It is not a bad tool, but I've had better.

Pros: What I state in the title is pretty much the best part of this software. To have everything at your finger tips is a plus. There is detailed information such as the breakdown of your paycheck with graphs included.

Cons: These are the areas that I liked the least. One caveat: I realize that these points are not necessarily due to the software itself, but with this application it is hard to separate the issues from the software. I did not give the software any less stars due to no. 2 and 4. 1) the discount page under benefits, seems to hang-up often. It came to a point I stopped visiting because of this.
2) issue with benefits in that the providers could not find us as having enrolled. Is this due to the software or human error? Not sure, but the insurer had to be contacted due to the oversight from ADP.
3) the look and interface will not win any awards. It is functional, but could use a "new coat of paint" and better menus.
4) when I inquired with MyLifeAdvisor via email, regarding an issue, it took two days for a response. I realize that is a reasonable time frame, but am spoiled with our previous vendor responding within two hours.

ADP Review

Katie L.
HR
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall I'm a happy ADP client.

Pros: What I like most is that everything is there for me in one place- time and attendance, payroll, reviews, contact information. I also like that help or assistance from ADP is a phone call away.

Cons: I wish the hold time when I call for assistance wasn't so long. I also wish there would be a last contact log for supervisors or admin to write in notes.

2+ User of ADP/WorkForceNow

Margaret C.
Payroll and Benefits Manager
Consumer Services, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The most significant benefit for our organization is the reduction of paper flying between facilities. As our managers have become more and more comfortable with WFN we've been able to move away from paper to electronic delivery and processing. The biggest time saver, and I believe improvement in communication, has been using the on line time off request function. This year end we will also be implementing electronic delivery of W2s.

Pros: WFN is, for the most part, intuitive for day to day operations. Time clock adjustments, change of status, report production -- the daily interaction and typical use is easy to learn and to train on. When I have a problem or something I'm not familiar with customer service support, especially the reporting group, is very patient and helpful.

Cons: The constant "updates" cause problems. It seems these are done over weekends so when I come in on Monday it's not uncommon to run into unexpected delays; what worked on Friday doesn't work Monday morning. As an example, the most recent update required a code for Health Care Eligibility Date in the Tax Section of the New Hire module. It was impossible to locate this code and required a call to customer service. Unfortunately my account manager was only vaguely familiar with this new requirement and it took about 20-minutes on the phone to work out what was needed, the 'why' of the need and what the random code signified is still not clear. The frequency of the updates along with the scope make it difficult to keep up.

ADP Review

Reviewed on 16/02/2017
Kathryn M.
HR/Payroll Administrator
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have been using ADP in my current role since July 2016, this is my first exposure to ADP. I am in charge of payroll and employee data within ADP. The application takes a little getting used to but I do find it fairly user friendly. I took advantage of the online courses right away and got certified in HR/Payroll/Time and Attenance early one. This really help get a better understanding of the system. One area I have struggled with is Performance Management, specifically getting reviews up and running in ADP. The process is a bit disjointed. For those of us with no "programming" background, it would be more user friendly to have this all be one process. The process of building approval paths should be part of setting up the performance management module. I also found the training on this particular topic to have the same disjointed feeling. You have to take the workflow training and the performance management training and the figure out how to merge the information to get the module up and running. This is definitely an area I see that could use some improvment. In order to really make this a comprehensive platform, it needs to be user friendly and this is the one area I have encountered that is not. I have seen ADP make several enhancements over the last 7 months, I am holding out hope that this will be coming soon. One other area of minor concern is customer support. There is inconsistency on how knowledgeable the customer service representatives are. When I call in I never know if I am going to get the person who knows exactly how to help me, or can ask the right questions to figure out the best course of action. Or, if I am going to get the representative who seems to be lacking the basic understanding of ADP and how to address customer questions. End users rely on the voice at the other end of the line being the expert. When the representatives knowledge seems to be less than the end users, confidence in the product can erode.

Pros: Most transactions are easy and intuative. The "one stop shopping" for HR/Payroll needs. Availability of online training. Updated payroll dashboard is very helpful.

Cons: Performance Management is cumbersome to set up. I find the message center clumsy.

Going on 2 years as a satisfied customer.

Reviewed on 09/02/2017
Hannah W.
Payroll Department Supervisor
Retail, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: ADP's WorkforceNow platform has made a significant difference in our daily payroll and reporting process. The benefits and ACA tracking alone saves us hundreds of hours a year and keeps us inline for compliance in these areas. The platform is easy to use and when something new is needed the Customer Service Center is always available to walk us through the process or set up training if needed. Maintenance is scheduled during late evening hours so there is never an inconvenience to our business and I have yet to encounter a system glitch or problem, which is a great comfort. We operate in multiple States with multiple local tax jurisdictions and ADP's WorkforceNow platform, customer service website and Client Services team streamlines the set up and additions that we need regularly.
The paydata batches are easy to set up and use and the avalibility of making employee changes while working on a payroll is very helpful. You can click on an employee while in the payroll paydata sheet, give a raise increase, change tax withholding, or change a work location and click right back to the payroll paydata sheet and continue. This is a great function that we use constantly. I have a great many reasons to be thankful that my company uses ADP's WorkforceNow and I highly recommend it.

Pros: Easy of use, availability of training and helpful customer service.

Cons: Would like to see standard and sample reports have explanations. You have to open each report to see if it is what you are looking for and this can be time consuming. A brief explanation of what the report covers or a snapshot template of what the report run looks like would be helpful.

by ADP on 13/02/2017

Hannah - thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed and insightful review of our WFN product/service. We value your feedback, and I will take your suggestions on reporting to our development team. If I can ever be of assistance to you, please don't hesitate to reach out. [email protected] Thank you for being a loyal ADP client.

ADP Workforce Now

Reviewed on 09/02/2018
Susan F.
Payroll Adminstrator
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: ADP will always be my preferred payroll software of choice.

Pros: I have used ADP software for nearly 3 decades and have experienced its growth and expansion. The software is the most user friendly and easiest to learn and for the most part is designed to conducive to the needs of payroll professionals. ADP always seems to be looking for the best ways to tackle a complex software system which includes so many aspects, taxes on Federal, State and Local levels, benefits, time and attendance, not to mention payroll itself and all of the important laws and calculations. It is very important for payroll professionals and their companies to trust an outsourcing software and company to guard them from error, mistakes and penalties. ADP accomplishes better than anyone else in their industry.

Cons: In July 2017, ADP adopted a new customer service model which has been very poor. Understanding that they need time to work out the kinks, however it has been 8 months and I would still rate the system quite poor.

by Lori on 12/02/2018

Susan -

Thank you for providing a detailed review of our WFN product. We truly appreciate your feedback on our new service model. We are continuing to evolve our model and are invested in making the experience a stellar one for our clients. I have asked a member of our Client Loyalty team to reach out to you directly to get more detailed feedback on what is working for you and what changes you would like to see in the future. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you need any assistance. [email protected]

If you have to track your employees time and attendance and manage payroll...

Reviewed on 26/09/2019
Steve F.
IT Specialist
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: - I am only a user and I can only comment on my usage for logging-on, punch-in's and punch-out's and creating time reports for myself.
- I know that the system is used to track time for submission to ADP who then generates paychecks and direct deposits.

Pros: - It is easy to use once you navigate around a bit.
- It allows you to create reports for yourself of the time you put in.
- Reports are acceptable to Social Security for compliance verification.
- There is an APP for smartphones.

Cons: - Sometimes, if you go to a particular screen or function, it is difficult to find your way back to the screen that you started from.
- The browser "back" function does not work as you would expect.
- Sometimes it warns you that it cannot run because there is another active instance, even though you have signed-off and closed the tab earlier.
- It may require the complete clearing of your browser cache to fix previous problem.
- It forces you to change your password at regular intervals, even if you don't want to.
- If you have trouble entering your password, it will invalidate your account and force you to use the password reset process.
- If you forget your password, the process to reset it is cumbersome, finicky and prone to failures or rejections.
- It remember too many previously used passwords when changing passwords.
- It determines new password validity based on previous passwords and use of similar new passwords is very strict and often denied.

Built for the large company in mind

Reviewed on 06/08/2019
Matt P.
CFO
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall is works well. UI is rather dated vs a the PayChex platform I have used before. It does everything we need which is nice but it does a whole lot more (geared to larger companies) and all of that extra functionality can really get in the way when navigating through the system. We came from a PEO so these minor drawbacks are far outweighed by the money we saved in fees. Onboarding was long but we had someone from ADP with us the entire time.

Pros: Significantly less expensive then PEO platform
Ability to do everything you want (payroll, onboarding, reviews etc)

Cons: UI is a bit dated
Rather complicated with all the functionality - again built for large companies that will use it for a variety of items not jus typical payroll, onboarding etc.

WFN Review

Reviewed on 09/02/2017
Robin B.
Admin Assistant - Finance
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have almost 20 years experience using ADP - paper, several versions of Enterprise, and WFN. The system has a lot of plusses, but I miss some functionality I had with the older version - my biggest 'loss' is the ability to 'hover' over a field and get the field name used for reports. Cust Service seems to be out sourced now, calling in for support is hit or miss - I prefer speaking to someone locally who is an expert on the product, instead of someone reading prompts from a script. Still better than other products - but since changing from a company that was an ADP national account to a smaller company using a regional account, there is a definite difference in support. I don't think my new company was guided well in setting up their product - they had no experience with ADP, and didn't know what to ask. New regional rep (Anthony) has been very helpful, as well as the experts at the ADP conference last fall.

Pros: Reputation, reliability, convenience

Cons: version updates/changes can be frustrating - you learn a product and get used to it's functions, and they change how it works. REALLY would like to get back the ability to hover over a field and find the field name used in Custom Reports - total time waster having to search for something either in the pdf file or through the thousands of choices in the catalog.

by ADP on 13/02/2017

Robin - Thank you for taking the time to review our WFN product/service. I am sorry your experience has been inconsistent. We have not outsourced any part of our Customer Service, but we do provide support within and outside of the US. Please reach out to me. I would love the opportunity to assist you with whatever you need. [email protected]