• Overall

About PerformYard Talent

Painless 360 Reviews! PerformYard is simple and flexible for HR and a snap for employees.

Learn more about PerformYard Talent

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used PerformYard Talent before?

Gwen S.
Gwen S.
Chief Operating Officer & Partner in US

If you don't have performance review tracking, get Perform Yard, TODAY

5 6 months ago

Comments: Great from the first ad I saw in my FaceBook feed to my first demo. Excellent shepherding through the sales process and great onboarding. Could not be happier with our decision.

Pros:

We had a terrible manual, impossible to gauge compliance performance management process. In theory, we were doing all the right things but we needed Perform Yard to help us manage for compliance and better adoption. The extra benefits of reporting, goal setting, onboarding check lists and document storage are superb as well.

Cons:

Nothing yet. so far our experience has been superb. Even the set up was easy with our dedicated customer success manager.

Alternatives Considered: Performance Pro and Trakstar Performance Management

Reasons for Switching to PerformYard Talent: Timing and a great experience with the PerformYard sale team

Tom D.
Principal in US
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees

Solid performer, great customer support

5 2 years ago

Comments: We have now used PerformYard for one full employee review cycle for the whole firm. From an administrative point of view, there were just a few minor hiccups, and to call them "hiccups" is a bit unfair. The tool worked just fine, but we had some straightforward learning curve issues. Our process first solicited names for a 360 review, then got feedback from those identified, a self-evaluation, and then a final summary evaluation by the manager. I had to field far fewer user questions than I expected. I'll give some credit to our clever workforce, but it also tells me that the PerformYard tool is, by and large, intuitive and easy to use.

Pros:

A few things stand out as positives for us. First, it was really easy to get things running. It was really just a matter of a few hours of invested time to be in a position to start testing our first review cycle. The biggest effort was transforming our crude employee data into a uniform spreadsheet so we could upload it. That took some manual work. It's easy to design and implement a review form. We have found that the building blocks offered by PerformYard have met our needs just fine. As noted elsewhere, it's easy to dump out ALL of the data associated with a review. This was unexpected, but we use it all the time. A big win in our book. We have also enjoyed fantastic customer support. Online materials are generally solid, and staff is readily available when we bump into something we can't figure out on our own.

Cons:

A few things have been a bit harder than expected. One that stands out is setting up a 360 evaluation, which was more manual than it seems would be necessary. Room for improvement for PerformYard (or maybe we missed something). I've also heard a little grumbling about losing edits in various ways. I think this is perhaps just the peril of using a web-based tool. You have to get used to navigating deliberately -- and, of course, regularly saving your work. The tool won't necessarily remind you to do so. We are an analytics consulting firm, so we dump out the review cycle data (which is totally comprehensive; no complaints there!), and then we generate our own reports to track status, compare performance, and generally sift and sort the data. We just played a little with PerformYard's built-in reporting capabilities, but we quickly concluded that we would want more. These are, though, minor complaints. The tool has comfortably met our expectations.

Human Resources Coordinator in US
Public Relations & Communications, 51-200 Employees

We Love PerformYard!

5 3 years ago

Comments: PerformYard has really streamlined our performance review process and made our lives easier, from both an admin standpoint and employee standpoint. We have received great feedback from our organization and have had a great experience so far!

Pros:

User friendly Intuitive Amazing customer service Lots of training and resources available Many different cool features and functionalities

Cons:

I wouldn't say I dislike anything. The only thing I would say here is I wish admins had the ability to edit a few more things - ex. the content in the notifications that PerformYard sends, along with the final look of the reviews.

Lorna C.
Human Resources Adviser in US
Warehousing, 11-50 Employees

Excellent Support

4 2 years ago

Comments: Our primary goals when we selected PerformYard (with staff's input as well as management's) were to have a flexible platform to assess everyone's performance in terms of job expectations, competencies and SMART goals as well as to provide staff with the ability to provide feedback or updates to their goals or performance as often as they wished. Both goals are being achieved.

Pros:

From Day 1 we were impressed with the personalized and prompt support. Our Customer Success Manager was knowledgeable, able to show us how to utilize PerformYard to meet our unique needs, and very responsive when deadlines loomed.

Cons:

Light colored and small lettering on a white background makes reading challenging for users. Some icons or where they're placed are not intuitive.

Alternatives Considered: Reviewsnap, Lattice, ClearCompany, Leapsome, Threads Culture, Teambit and Trakstar Performance Management

Reasons for Switching to PerformYard Talent: We did an apples-to-apples comparison using over two dozen items/criteria, such as ability to customize reports. After creating a form with instructions and a brief description about the organization and our request, we asked each vendor to let us know whether they had each item and provide comments if desired. We picked the two or three vendors that met the highest number of items/criteria, then asked each to conduct two web-based, interactive demonstrations: one to representative staff from each department and one to managers. Staff decided on their preference which the managers agreed to.

Jaymie D.
Senior Director, HR Business Partner in US
Pharmaceuticals, 201-500 Employees

PerformYard Goes Above & Beyond

5 2 years ago

Comments: PerformYard has exceeded our expectations and the entire team has been an outstanding partner to us. We were able to implement an automated performance review process (goal setting, reviews, and feedback tools) in a short period of time. We were also able to make tech changes (PY team made changes to the software code on short-order) when we found ourselves in a pinch due to our own unique rating and % feeds mid-review cycle. No insignificant task on their end, but they made it seem that way given its importance to us.

Pros:

The team and their customer service & support - all around one of the best (i.e. our Acct Director, tech team, owner - everyone we've had the pleasure to work with at PerformYard has been responsive and swift to help us solve any challenges, implementation, ongoing support). Customization - able to input, modify, and leverage the platform to suit our needs. Automates the single biggest administrative burden for the Company. Personalized attention - from setting up the Agreement between our two companies, the live trainings provided by our Acct Director, the knowledge sharing and guidance the team provides, the swift issue resolution they consistently deliver upon. Integration with our HRIS platform as promised and on-schedule.

Cons:

That PerformYard is for performance management only. We knew this going into it, however, we'd love to be able to leverage this team's expertise and automated solution(s) for the entire talent management cycle (development, management, succession, compensation).

Jackie E.
HR Manager in US

Great customer service and site is easy to use and navigate!

5 4 years ago

Comments: Ease of use and navigate, ability for employees to work on review from anywhere, flexibility to customize to the way the company operates with reviews, fantastic and quick responding customer service

Pros:

The site is easy to use as an admin and user friendly for the employees. The customer service was very quick to respond and help when needed. We also enjoyed having multiple levels of approvers and ways to assign reviews to specific groups of employees. I, also, enjoyed running reports to see where everyone stood in the review process.

Cons:

Unfortunately, it is a separate website which for our specific situation, was what we were trying to move away from. We ended up moving our reviews to our system that already holds HR, Benefits, Payroll, and Annual Reporting data. For our company, it made sense to keep the reviews in the same system the employees are already going into.

Piper Q.
Director, Human Resources & Organizational Development in US
Biotechnology, 51-200 Employees

System Worth Having!

5 2 years ago

Comments: It has been a very good partnership so far.

Pros:

I like the ease of use of the system. We rolled this system out in an effort to get off of a paper-based system and it has been exactly what we needed. Using the system has been easy for our employees and has been easily integrated into our weekly 1:1 meetings. Setting up a review has been fast and efficient. We have had a great account rep!!

Cons:

My only downside is that we do not currently have an HRIS that links directly with PerformYard. So as a result I have to upload new data manually. This is not a huge issue it is just not as convenient as a real-time feed would be.

Candice O.
Recruiter in US
Construction, 201-500 Employees

Great Performance Management Software Platform

5 2 years ago

Comments: This is the first time our organization has used an online platform for goals, feedback, and performance reviews. I am pleased that we will now have a way to track employee career development and keep continued conversations going about goals.

Pros:

Easy to set up with a dedicate Customer Success Manager guiding you along the way. It integrated with ADP so employee data synced with the system. The online support website is great for additional learning information as well.

Cons:

I would like to see a little more flexibility with being able to make changes and those changes update across reviews already set up. I would also like to see a way to send out notifications or emails from PerformYard in regards to sending out a message to employees to set goals vs. setting up a goal setting review form. Now that we have rolled out, I notice that not all employees are using the review form and instead are creating goals separately which is okay but I prefer the review form analytics to see who has completed goals vs. looking at the company review tab to see who all has completed goals.

Trey D.
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Simple to use with a lot of features

5 4 years ago

Comments: Would recommend to others

Pros:

-Ease of use. Many of our employees who hate technology acknowledged how easy it was -Email notifications when needed -Many features such as reviews, surveys, customer feedback, and goals

Cons:

Have been using for about a month and so far have no complaints. The only (minor) issue we encountered was that some employees were completing their evaluation, submitting it, were under the impression it submit, but it never went through to their manager. We were not able to determine if it was user error, or an error with the program itself.

Jacob C.
Jacob C.
ecommerce analyst in US
Internet, 201-500 Employees

Pretty good for a medium-sized business

5 2 years ago

Comments: Headache-free, easy to use, and provides plenty of insight for our management. Excellent tool for the arsenal!

Pros:

An efficient way to organize and customize the review process within our business. Our old system was rather primitive, and this software has brought us into the present. Saves us time as well, and any time saved on non-work is good for business. It's very easy to use, headache-free. The reports are great. We used to use printed forms and had no real way to compare employees against each other. This saves paper too, and can be accessed from anywhere.

Cons:

It's a seperate website from payroll/benefits/etc. If there was a way to integrate w/ other software platforms that would be nice to have.

Christi S.
US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Everybody hated our performance review process!

4 5 years ago

Comments: We implemented PerformYard not quite a year ago in an effort to reduce the efforts and stress associated with our old review process. This tool makes it a lot easier to track where employees are in terms of meeting their goals and objectives and also provides the flexibility to add new goals as things arise during the course of the year. It has made conversations between managers and employees more open and frequent and creates a "living" document to which to refer. From a management standpoint, it's very easy to track where employees are and where everyone is during review cycles.

Aidan B.
Analyst in UK
Banking, 51-200 Employees

ARB Review

4 12 months ago

Comments: So far so good to be honest, its fairly straightforward and is ease to follow, update and tweak on an ongoing basis

Pros:

Ease for my own (user profile) and intuitive features.

Cons:

The layout of the user profile could be more compact and require less clicks to carry out a fucntion.

Carla M.
Human Resources Manager in US
Packaging & Containers, 51-200 Employees

Amazing Product and Service

5 3 years ago

Comments: This software saved us so much time. The layout and ease of use will make performance assessments going forward easier and smoother. Leadership won't have to look for information to write about because instead of waiting to use it at the end of the performance season, it can be built in real time.

Pros:

The ease of use and navigation for both myself and my team. The software made one of the most complained about processes (Performance Appraisals) a whole lot less tedious for our teams. Everything is laid out for you on your homepage. Absolutely perfect.

Cons:

I have absolutely no complaints. Except, why didn't I have this sooner!!

Ernesto L.
Buyer in US
Defense & Space, 51-200 Employees

PerformYard Talent Platform

5 3 years ago

Comments: Perform is used to manage the entire company's performance and evaluation and is a huge improvement from our previous system.

Pros:

This is an amazing program, it is easy to integrate with your IT system, they provide training on how to use the software. Of all my years in performing employee evaluations - this is the best! Easy to use and it encourages the employee to want to log in and update daily/weekly accomplishments. The software is also cost effective and there's a budget for all sizes of companies.

Cons:

If they had an after hour customer support team.

Iesha B.
Senior HR Manager in US

Very pleased with PerformYard

5 5 years ago

Comments: I am excited about using PerformYard for our upcoming 2016 Performance Appraisal cycle. I like the overall capabilities of this product. Jon Malpass was totally awesome to work with. He was very patient and thorough. I definitely look forward to working with him again:)

PerformYard Response

5 years ago

Iesha, we have enjoyed working with you and others at DB Consulting Group and appreciate the glowing feedback about Jon! We look forward to the success of DB's upcoming Performance Appraisal.

Felicia B.
Application Support Specialist Kronos in US

Great 1st experience

5 2 years ago

Comments: My overall experience has been a good one.

Pros:

Great way to track goals and for my manager to see if I am meeting them or struggling with meeting them.

Cons:

No cons as this was my first time viewing the site.

Sammi P.
Accounting Manager in US
Oil & Energy, 501-1,000 Employees

AWESOME TOOL

5 2 years ago

Pros:

1. Ease of use 2. Collaboration 3. Accountability

Cons:

No cons. No software is perfect so I look forward to improvements on capabilities and view.

Jillian R.
In-House Counsel in US
Real Estate, 201-500 Employees

Good System

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Easy to use and straight forward. Gets the job done.

Cons:

Does not seem like I was give much of an opportunity to explain my unique skill set- because it is so simple.

Tavian H.
Electronics Technician I in US
Aviation & Aerospace, 51-200 Employees

PerformYard Full Review

5 last year

Comments: I would say the experience overall is satisfying and functional enough to meet expectations.

Pros:

I personally think the profile setup and tools are easy to work with and simple enough for people to understand.

Cons:

I am not too fond of the lack of descriptions that tell a user what a category or feature does. You have to find out for yourself which is okay but a little inconvenient.

Errin J.
Field marketing manager in US
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees

Great results great feedback

5 last year

Comments: Loved it thankful for it

Pros:

Having my performance review not be so lengthy and so much of me talking it keep it short simple and to the point.

Cons:

Nothing least just did it thankful that i was able to do it

Brooke R.
Senior Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees

There are better platforms on the market

3 last month New

Pros:

- Ability for single sign-on - Uncluttered appearance

Cons:

- Challenging to navigate - Requires too many clicks to get to where you need to be - Not a user-friendly dashboard

Marcus R.
Senior Strategist in US

PerformYard Review

5 2 years ago

Comments: Seamless integration with our HR department and is used agency-wide to ensure that employees are writing down their goals and tracking their achievement to prove to the company their worth and rationale for promotions or pay increases. It works great with the community of employees so they can write down their successes, and barriers to acheievement, and ultimately it drives each employee to continue to do their best.

Pros:

It has a great user experience, and sends notificatoins for when its time for you to review yourself as well as the colleagues you work closely with to ensure they get the recognition on all of their hard work and progress towards their goals. Again, very easy to use, and doesnt bombard on notifcations either! Its a great way to review.

Cons:

Nothing I dont like that much, its overall a great tool.

Trey D.
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Awesome product

5 3 years ago

Comments: We felt this product had the best value. It was the lowest price than the other 6-7 options we looked at, and can do essentially everything the others could.

Pros:

This product has many functions that are company is able to utilize. We can run our entire review cycle through PerformYard, upload company documents that our employees always have access to, get employees to e-sign on handbook changes, implement internal surveys, as well as external surveys to customers for feedback. Their customer service/implementation teams were extremely helpful.

Cons:

A little tough to navigate around at first, especially as an administrator, because there are so many functions. It did get easier over time. I also wish there were more options for customizing the emails that carry the links to PerformYard. They're generic/robotic and wish we would have the opportunity to format and change some of them.

Michael P.
Senior Accountant in US
Accounting, 51-200 Employees

Employee being Reviewed

5 last year

Comments: Overall the experience is great. It is easy to use and can't think of anything negative - would definitely recommend it to any company looking for a system like this.

Pros:

The product is easy to use and understand and the best feature is the Save for Later function. Our firms asks multiple questions that require some reflection so I like to read the questions, answer what I can and then save the application and come back when I'm ready to finish.

Cons:

The thing I like least about the software is that it's only useful for me about once a year; for my annual review. If perhaps there were some other functions, it would be used and enjoyed more often.

Julie F.
EVP Human Resources in US

Easy to use and customize.

5 2 years ago

Comments: Automated, paperless reviews that are easy for busy managers and employees to complete with easy administration and set up. Highly customizable.

Pros:

The system for setting up review forms is highly customizable and it's very easy to create review templates, schedule them, view results etc. Much easier than any of the other systems I have learned in the past.

Cons:

At this point there is nothing that I don't like. I have only been using it two months so I am still playing around with reporting and it seems good but down the road I might have suggestions there.