15 years helping British businesses

About Fergus

Top rated all-in-one solution designed for plumbing businesses. Easily manage your jobs from the first phone call through to invoicing.

Learn more about Fergus

Pros:

How simple and easy it is to use and communicate to my workers.

Cons:

I have a limited function to use under my log in.

Fergus ratings

4.5
4.6
4.3
4.5

9.5/10

Fergus has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars based on 155 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Fergus before?

Wayne
Wayne
Managing Director in Australia

We have been using Fergus for almost 12 months now and are very happy with the program.

Comments: The benefits to our business using this software is ultimately less time processing paperwork and data and simplicity for our users.
The other great feature of the software is being able to store job specific data like photos that are easily accessable

Pros:

We went from a single person operation to 4 people on the road and one office based team member. The old program we were using didn't have enough quite do every thing we wanted and was quite clunky on site. The way in which Fergus flows and easily displays information regarding jobs means there is no confusion on site and when used correctly office staff can collate the data to create invoices easily, meaning we can get invoices out faster and hopefully paid faster. Now with the additional benefit of Fergus offering our customers credit card payment, we have found even less reason for customer not to pay. The schedulling calander on Fergus gives us the best forsite we have ever had to see potential lead times and alsogives us a better look at keeping things ahead of jobs wth regards to ordering materials and organising other important parts to any given job. Our guys on site love it as it is super simple to use for them and realistically cuts down there paperwork too. Time sheets created off all there job data is done automatically meaning the office is not trying to get times off them each week to do payroll. In general Fergus has made our business run smoother and less things get forgotten about, missed or overlooked.

Cons:

The biggest thing that we find as a downfall would only be it is not that simple to see what price you have sold a product for previously. (Well not that we are aware of). In saying that Fergus seem to be very dedicated to listening to what their customers want and make updates regularly, I''m sure that it will only be a matter of time until they create a tool to help with this.

Duncan
General Manager in New Zealand
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Great product for any Trades company

Comments: Operational efficiency and purchase accuracy has increased exponentially. We purchased the product at the perfect time as we have been growing and evolving with Fergus. We could not be happier.

Pros:

- User interface is very easy for the staff to use, mobile app is very usable to for the field staff. It's really basic but does exactly what we need.

Cons:

We are a facilities maintenance plumbing - so an asset management portion of the software would be good as well as the Re occuring function would be very practical for us.

glen
operations manager in New Zealand
Renewables & Environment, 11–50 Employees

software review

Comments: ease of job booking and scheduling, staff can see and know where to look

Pros:

intuitive nature of this system ease of use

Cons:

nothing seems to fit our model and work in well

Christian
Owner/Admiral/Cleaner/Electrician in New Zealand
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Moving in the right direction

Comments: I'm really positive about Fergus, I only upgraded to Pro again last month but I am trying to fully utilise its potential. Once you load up prices, favourites, forms etc it really is a wonderful addition to a tradesman's arsenal.

Pros:

Desktop and mobile sites are easy to use. Integration with suppliers and accounting software is key. Scheduling is simple and easy. Just starting out with forms but that seems like a really good option. Invoicing is easy. Customer support are always knowledgeable and get the answers needed

Cons:

Sorry guys 2 things I know you have integrated with google calanders but I think just a calander similar to google calanders would have been suffice. I would really like to be able to look at a month display (like a widget on android) and see the upcoming work. When customers ask me when we can come back or when are we available, often I am in the field when I get asked this and being able to draw up a quick calander display would really help me. 2nd thing No inventory list of stock. Ideally I would like to have an accurate list of what is in staff members vehicles and what our holding stock is, just makes it easier when ordering or servicing breakdowns.

4 years ago

Hey Christian, thanks for the review! Have you tried the month display on google calendar using our integration? I'll pass on to the team that you'd like inventory management, at the moment we only support Stock-on-hand functionality for accurate costing and invoicing. Thanks

Anna
Team Leader in New Zealand
Executive Office, 11–50 Employees

Fergus for Tradies

Comments: I use Fergus daily for multiple clients, so I'm quite comfortable with how it works and am now training people in Fergus.

Pros:

I love the Dashboard view. Once you've done some training, it's really simple to use and you can't really make an unfix-able error in Fergus.

Cons:

The response time from the support team is much slower than a few years ago. I guess that's progress as they're a much bigger company now. However, the personal support and reaction time was fantastic a few years ago.

Bob
Owner/director/boss in Australia

Who let the Dog out

Comments: We could not organize our business day to day without Fergus

Pros:

Great technical back up in layman's terms and we feel that we are being listened to. Your people who answer questions do a great job. I also like the information in "Notifications" about any problems that Fergus may be experiencing.

Cons:

There is a lot of information and procedures that are a bit daunting at the start

Member Board Of Directors in New Zealand
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Fergus, why wouldn't you?

Pros:

Fergus software is easy to use and integrates exceptionally well with Xero accounting software. It doesn't matter where I am in the world I can have immediate access, and with one look can see from start to finish how my business is progressing to ensure great cash flow. Its simple to use and easily helps all of my staff to achieve their daily goals. Fergus has helped to systematise our work flow to ensure the best benefits for our staff and our clients. An exceptionally good tool.

Cons:

whats not to like? how many companies can you call up and if its practical, and helpful to all users, will alter their software to suit

Sheryl
Sheryl
Job Co-Ordinator in New Zealand

By far the best job tracking software on the market today

Comments: All field staff have access to all the information required to do their job, Creditor invoices are not missed off being charged as all invoices are imported directly to job and then with a push of a button directly write to your accounting software.

Pros:

Easy to use, dashboard easy to navigate, able to manage job status at a glance, easy assigning of jobs to plumbers, able to export to payroll system, import Creditor invoices directly to job, easy importing of price book catalogues, able to access from anywhere as cloud based, quoting in seconds, and so much more.

Cons:

Nothing to report - This software does not have any "Cons" to report back on, everything about Fergus is user friendly and yet Fergus are continually updating the system in an effort to make even more user friendly.

Rynhardt Ray
Rynhardt Ray

good, easy and reliable.

Comments: easy way to do invoices and keep track of jobs.

Pros:

The fact that it interlinks with your suppliers, and that the app shows you your tracking, that's good for invoicing and making sure the right times get added.

Cons:

not any cons but adjustment or improvements, that can be made, on the maps if it can show you all your clients , and on the invoices if it could show that its been paid or voided or so would be nice.

7 years ago

Thanks for the review Rynhardt! We are always improving the system so if you have any specifics you can feedback to our team we would love to here it at [email protected].

Lyndsay
Accounts Administrator in New Zealand

A top notch platform

5.0 last month New

Comments: Overall Fergus is a great platform for our business. There is plenty of great tools for us to track and understand what’s happening financially in our business. It’s more than just an invoicing and scheduling system which is great!

Pros:

The chat bot is very effective and informative.

Cons:

There are alit of features. Know how to use Fergus to its full capacity I think there could be a more simpler version for tradesman who may not be tech wise or prefer simpler tech.

Michal
Admin & Office Manager in New Zealand
Building Materials, 2–10 Employees

Our positive experience with Fergus

Comments: Fergus have been very accommodating, their service is personal friendly and attentive. We have been with them from their early days and have watched them grow and develop, they take on board their client's feedback. Given the fact that we are dealing with a local company, as oppose to a large international company, as we have in the past, has meant that we can resolve issues more easily and faster. Unlike with previous companies, in Fergus, they actually do answer customer's calls, it feels more personal.

Pros:

I love that I have every detail of each job file in one place, from the first call of a potential client, to the last invoiced, all the job history, ie correspondence between Us and the client or Us and a supplier or any account detail relating to the job. I really like that it is locally owned.

Cons:

Our accountant struggles with certain aspects when needing to retrieve financial information and do reports. I personally wish that in order to show to and fro correspondence in any specific job, that I wouldn't have to copy and paste replies from Outlook back to Fergus. Keeping a paper trail is vital in our business.

A
New Zealand
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Fergus review

Comments: We love Fergus - very flexible, saves us a ton of time with processing and scheduling. Could do with a bit of modification around statements/customer invoicing/payments and also the number of clicks to navigate around the site but overall an excellent app and we highly recommend it!!

Pros:

ALmost everything. It saves us a heap of time with scheduling and processing jobs. It is easy to use and reliable. There is alot of capacity to communicate with both customers & employees within the app. Reporting is a breeze and at a click of a button. Excellent

Cons:

There are only two things - sometimes it takes more clicks than necessary to navigate around the website which is a bit of a pain. And the invoicing/statements functionality and payments process could be improved - I currently can't select for a statement for a certain time frame within a customers account and it would be good to be able to record payments at the time of invoicing instead of ok'ing the invoice and then having to process the payment.

Andrew
Electrician/Inspector in New Zealand
Construction, Self Employed

Fergus

Comments: The best part about Fergus is having everything related to a job in the one app, which can be accessed from your office computer as well as any other smart device you have it installed on.

Pros:

It has everything I need to use on a daily basis and allows me access to all my site notes, photos, and day sheets remotely so I can always access what I need to know about any job quickly. This program allows quotes/estimates, invoicing, supplier documents, day sheets and employee trackers all in the one program. Fergus sends all sales and purchase data entered directly to some accounting software. Easy importing of supplier documents.

Cons:

I have found the GPS to be a little slow to load. Also the fact invoices can't be easily edited after approved can be a little frustrating.

Director/tradesman in New Zealand

Fergus save the day

Comments: Wonderfully encouraging

Pros:

I’ll keep it simple and straight to the point. If you don’t use Fergus then you are missing out big time. I’m nearly at the end of my fourth year in business with a busy little maintenance Plumbing business. Being a newbie I’ve made lots of mistakes that have cost me a small fortune. Not having Fergus to date is the biggest one. It makes your operation , what ever it may be , run smoothly and have structure. It’s easy to pick up , with a brief training session the crew and office are off and away . I’m on the tools so I see it from both sides . Admin had a fair amount it of set up but once all the computers and programmes got talking to each other and Fegus was live we haven’t looked back because to do so is mind blowingly surprising. How the hell did the office girl stay sane. If you are in two minds, just do it. You won’t regret it, you will cringe when you look back but in saying ,you’ll never look back

Cons:

It’s hard at first when you get to end of job and have to make up a gear list when used to racing off to next emergency.but that’s a good thing , right

Colin
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2–10 Employees

great to use. you can access your jobs from anywhere even out of the office

Comments: Our business is now more organised and we are able to allocate different areas of the job process to different staff members as their job function requires eg quoting, doing the job, invoicing, etc.
lt cut right back on paper work and the hours entering supplier invoices into the correct jobs -now done automatically.

Pros:

The access to all the job files even when out of the office using a tablet. The pictorial view of all your jobs and at what stages they are at. The ease of importing your supplier invoices directly into a job. The help support is good and reasonably quick.

Cons:

importing materials into an invoice when extra materials are added after the invoice is started, you have to re-import the whole lot again. On the schedule calendar there is no ability to indicate if a job time that is scheduled if it is fixed or floating.

todd
Owner in US

best out there by far

Pros:

job costing, ease of crm, estimating, notes and history which recently helped me win a case in court for a customer refusing to pay based on lies. Not a problem with this software, every little detail is tracked.

Cons:

no ability to set budgets for site visits or tasks. They set an auto budget based on how you built the estimate however that does little for me at all. I dont have the ability to change, assign or track the budget other than using a spreadsheet and manually inputting them. They have all the data right there it seems silly I have to do this and it would be a Huge Benefit.

Caleb
Electrician in New Zealand
Construction, Self Employed

Great product

Pros:

Easy to use. Great for keeping track of jobs. Easy to invoice.

Cons:

Would like to have more of a stock management section to the software.

4 years ago

Thanks for the review Caleb! I've noted a feature request for stock management.

Howard
Mangager in New Zealand
Utilities, 2–10 Employees

Very easy to use once it was set up. Anything new you need time to learn.

Comments: Saved the planet of paper. Increased profitability

Pros:

No paperwork. Photos able to be attached to jobs. Fergus talks to xero and merchants. Good calendar system.

Cons:

No stock file. Photos are no longer able to be enlarged on phone. Notes on quotes cannot tag a persons name at the end of the list. Cannot pick out a supplier to look up a stock item like we can on the desk top

Steven
director/worker in New Zealand

life Changing

Pros:

keeps all the jobs in order and helps give me an overall picture of how the job is going with a click of the button

Cons:

The time sheet user can't search for created jobs if not assigned or add photos (not sure if that is a setting issue) . Feels like they are very limited but yet a full user is too much for their position level.

Hayden
Plumber/Director in New Zealand
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Fantastic, easy to use trade software

Pros:

This system is user friendly and makes light work of all the paperwork required to keep a trade business running. It is packed full of features which help keep operations streamlined.

Cons:

As a total trade management software the only feature that we feel is missing is stock management.

Cameron
Director in UK

Life changing

Comments: Best job management software I have seen

Pros:

Import invoices and allocate to jobs a and send to accounting software worth the money alone. Price lists imported

Cons:

No uk suppliers offer an API gateway No uk gas certificates built in No phone support available Only video training

Mark
Manager in Australia

Excellent Value, Versatility and Reporting Ability

Comments: Financial and operational hour tracking from weekly to monthly financial reports. Provides the capability to break down profit and loss statements in detail that gives you the ability to improve in areas

Pros:

Very user friendly and ability to provide accurate progress reporting on multiple projects.

Cons:

Its excellenet from my perspective with no complaints

Casey
Administrator in New Zealand
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 2–10 Employees

Excellent job and invoice manegement system

Comments: overall very usefull for job management

Pros:

The dashboard. The ability to see how many jobs are we are committed to, what stages these jobs are at, what needs invocing, whats been invoiced and whats overdue. excellent to know whats going on in one glimpse.

Cons:

no map function. would be great see where our site address that are loaded into Fergus on one map this could increase efficiency of our servicing and we can service more clients in the same area. Also would be good to have a report that pulls a list of all archived jobs.

Ross

Fergus Review

Comments: Love the job management

Pros:

The Calendar, ease to do and invoice and love how easy to import invoices, photos,plans

Cons:

The Cost has gone up since I started using it. Certificates should be free

Steve
Commercial Manager in Australia
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Overall experience has been great, has made our company a lot more efficient and transparent

Pros:

Reporting and the ease to use it. Its transparencies and accountability has help us become a better company and manage our jobs at a higher level. The amounts of updates done to further improve the software is impressive.

Cons:

At the moment when generating from quote in purchase orders it generates upside down which is annoying.